Page 37 of 86 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 2580

Thread: General Police Misconduct aka Murdering Black People

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Up next: Grand jury decision in the Garner/Pantaleo case. A decision is apparently imminent.

For those who don't remember. Garner was selling loose cigarettes.

Conservatives narrative is that he had the look of a demon and was resisting arrest. Garner was definitely a thug as proven by the large grey t-shirt and beige shorts he was wearing. Pantaleo was a hero and should be invited to the W.H.
    no indictment whaaaaaaaaaa?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_k_f View Post
    No decision yet. It's sounding like it will be announced sometime this week or early next week.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Just kidding.. No indictment.

WHAT IN THE FUCK IS HAPPENING?!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6263656.html
    Last edited by Sarah K; 12-03-2014 at 01:53 PM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Just wow ...

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    There's only one way conservatives can spin this one and they are all saying the same shit. He was resisting arrest.
    This is pathetic. If you get choked to death, you're not resisting arrest, you're actual fighting for your life. It's called survival instinct. Your body is gonna fight against whatever is trying to kill you.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Never seen that video before, I got really really really mad. Jesus fucking Christ the dude wasn't being violent they didn't need 5 goddamned cops to hold him down.

THAT my friends is an example of what we should be fighting against.
    That's one video I will never watch.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    The Mayor is now not attending the tree lighting tonight.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Wonder if they'll peacefully protest this one, too.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    We AND NYPD did a great job of keeping things mostly peaceful at the main Ferguson rally.

I hope that the good behavior on both sides continues! Although emotions are going to be flaring MUCH more for this one.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    We AND NYPD did a great job of keeping things mostly peaceful at the main Ferguson rally.

I hope that the good behavior on both sides continues! Although emotions are going to be flaring MUCH more for this one.
    If protests were to break out, this is way more legitimate a cause than in Ferguson. Video is pretty harsh.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    It's not "violent" or graphic, just rage inducing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This one has me like wow... An indictment on this one was a no brainer.. you have a video, you have a banned choke hold, you have the medical examiner calling it a homicide... I mean it's even questionable if he needed to be taken down in the 1st place... Or if super cop needed to continually crush his head into the sidewalk... I figured the cop would most likely get off on a criminal charge but not even an indictment? come on..
    How is anything supposed to change if people aren't held accountable.. Every asshole cop that uses unnecessary force on the regular now sees they can continue to get away with it, as if they didn't already know.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Watch it... Rage inducing for sure..

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Watch it... Rage inducing for sure..
    Yeah...not enough cops. I've seen 5 cops have a hard time with a 90 lb woman. 300+ lb man should have at least 10 cops.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    edit: oops
    10 characters
    Last edited by littlemonkey613; 12-03-2014 at 06:01 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Just wanna talk about the irony (or wutever) in relation to our discussion about police cameras changing the game so much. Obviously its still true but this Garner shit....

/ ^you actually think sending 10 cops to deal with a man selling individual cigarettes is something that should happen in a rational system and country?

protecting rights of tobacco companies who kill millions of people a year >>>>>> lives of individual citizens eh?

Jesus wtf. I sold a cigarette last night for twenty five cents. Call the fucking brigade.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemonkey613 View Post
    Just wanna talk about the irony (or wutever) in relation to our discussion about police cameras changing the game so much. Obviously its still true but this Garner shit....

/ ^you actually think sending 10 cops to deal with a man selling individual cigarettes is something that should happen in a rational system and country?

protecting rights of tobacco companies who kill millions of people a year >>>>>> lives of individual citizens eh?

Jesus wtf. I sold a cigarette last night for twenty five cents. Call the fucking brigade.
    He had 31 prior convictions and filed a lawsuit back in 07 against the NYPD, so I think they knew who he was already. I could be wrong, haven't payed much attention to it. Still awful what happened.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    It was labeled a homicide by the coroner, they labeled it a homicide. They waited 7 minutes to attempt cpr. The guy had not committed a crime. A chokehold has been banned per policy for 21 years. They guy said he couldn't breathe.

A indictment is not a guilty sentence, it's the ok to put you on trial.

Why the FUCK was he not indicted?

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Before everyone freaks out... It might be worth knowing WHY the jury chose not to indict.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Before everyone freaks out... It might be worth knowing WHY the jury chose not to indict.
    Because it was a "headlock"?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    In grand jury cases like this... Where "the playing field" within the system is not at all equal by any means.... Is it easy to be a juror when the only people that know who are, are the people the incident is against? And they really really want you to agree with them.. How easy is it to stand your ground? It's the fucking police.. lol. Even if they don't try some form of intimidation, I'd assume it would still mess with your head.. It would only take one stranger to say something in passing and you'd think to yourself, was that guy a cop? Shit..
    Interesting scenario.
    <end ramble>

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Or how easy is it to stack a secret grand jury if you gots the connections?

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    After Mike Brown, this is beyond unbelievable. I saw the video and I cannot comprehend anything like that. What the fuck kind of country do we live in?

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    HOLY SHIT.
    Are...wait...what in the fuck?!
    No indictment?!

Now i thought that there was a CHANCE that wilson was innocent, but JESUS.
    The Garner thing, we ALL SAW THE FUCKING VIDEO! The cop is guilty as sin!

I can't believe this!
    @allegro , you gotta watch the video.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    It was labeled a homicide by the coroner, they labeled it a homicide. They waited 7 minutes to attempt cpr. The guy had not committed a crime. A chokehold has been banned per policy for 21 years. They guy said he couldn't breathe.

A indictment is not a guilty sentence, it's the ok to put you on trial.

Why the FUCK was he not indicted?
    I'm just gonna say a simple fact here....If you can say "I can't breathe!"....you're breathing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Satyr View Post
    I'm just gonna say a simple fact here....If you can say "I can't breathe!"....you're breathing.
    until you're actually unconscious... because you couldn't breathe.. and then you die..

let me ask you this, if you're in the ocean and yell "i'm drowning" are we to say "nahhh, he's ok, by definition if he was drowning he would be inhaling water and suffocating, he clearly wouldn't be able to yell"?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Oh please.... that's like saying If you have the ability to say that you're dying and have stage IV cancer you're still clearly alive...

Please shut the fuck up.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Satyr View Post
    I get what you're saying, but he died directly because of the chokehold and the 4 other guys holding him down. Had they pulled a tazer and warned him that if he did not cooperate they would take him down and THEN he died id be on the other team right now...but they used a banned practice on a non-aggressive man and killed him with a chokehold.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    in a strange twist back to St. Louis, while referencing another killing (Tamir Rice, the 12 year old with the fake gun) Stl Police made this tweet chock full of empathy.. seems the link to FB is now dead but the tweet is still up..

[IMG][/IMG]