Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Skinny Puppy

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Damn I want to see this band live.
    At the Meet & Greet from last year while ohGr was on tour, I asked ohGr if SP was going to release a new record or at the very least go on a tour this year and he said that it was dependent on Cevin since he was also busy with some side projects, which turned out to be mainly Download's new album. IIRC from our chat he said the earliest we'd see them go on tour was sometime in 2020. Things change though so I wouldn't believe that to be definitive.

I assume since Download's latest album was released a few months ago, and from Facebook Cevin came back from vacation in Japan that maybe they're at the studio working on the next album.
    Cevin is pretty active on FB maybe you can ask him directly and hopefully he responds.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Back in '87 a dude in Detroit made a fan video for Dead Lines. The management company obtained a copy and while never officially released, a clip of it was an easter egg in the multimedia section of Brap: Back & Forth 3 & 4....then a box of tapes was found in late 2019 and, well, here ya go.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vav View Post
    Back in '87 a dude in Detroit made a fan video for Dead Lines. The management company obtained a copy and while never officially released, a clip of it was an easter egg in the multimedia section of Brap: Back & Forth 3 & 4....then a box of tapes was found in late 2019 and, well, here ya go.

Fun gem, thanks!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yep, my pleasure. There's more to come out of the box too....i'm in need for Last Rights tour audio actually to cut to one of the tapes...

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Seeing this thread updated got me all hot and bothered expecting a new album. It's been seven years...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Seeing this thread updated got me all hot and bothered expecting a new album. It's been seven years...
    Wasn't there supposed to be a new oHgr album out as well earlier this year?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    bumping because i'm in need for 1992 tour audio, please hit me up if you've got some. happy to trade the the incomplete Soundboard recording i've got

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I recently joined cevin's patreon again after having a membership a while back. just $2 a month and you have access to a shit ton of unreleased stuff from the early 80's to now. he also does some really cool live streams (showing off the studio, playing some jams...he played this AWESOME new mix of Worlock recently ) . just the other week he did a 2 hour live stream on Dwayne's 25th death anniversary with some amazing insight and stories. he also invited guests for interviews on his iive streams, like edward ka-spel, danny from tool, and next interview is Lol from the cure! (his streams are usually an hour and half to two hours) . cev's pretty active with responding to fans and questions too and put together a remix project with some of the followers on patreon.

highly recommended.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    The recent interview with cEvin and Chris Vrenna ended on a kinda sad note...
    Chris asked what's happening with new SP album? Yes/no? When? To which cEvin said basically 'no comment' (and 'I'll tell you off camera later')

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    hmm...I don't think it was a sad note.

cevin also posted on his patreon this week that he just finished his new solo album. he ended his post with: "I think you guys will be very excited on the next recording project. "

i have a feeling it's new Puppy, but didn't want to announce it to take away from his solo album, and didn't want to announce it on the Vrenna interview because maybe he felt that wasn't the place to announce it/has a plan to announce it in a different way.

Or I could be totally wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if SP is done.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Anyone know where to hear the original version of Dig It? I can’t seem to find it anywhere.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Anyone know where to hear the original version of Dig It? I can’t seem to find it anywhere.
    Is it this?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wight rabbit View Post
    Is it this?

Yes, this is the original version released on the vinyl edition of Mind The Perpetual Intercourse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I love Dig It.

I dont have anything else to contribute here, just that I love this song.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    For some reason this prompted me to dig up my Bites album.
    When I was a teenager I just thought that scream in the intro of the Choke was the best thing ever.
    That whole album holds up well.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Sorry for giving everyone's hopes up about a new album when you see this thread bumped.
    This is a really awesome interview with Steven R. Gilmore about the artwork of SP albums that I came across today in reddit.
    I thought it was too good not to share here.

https://www.lethalamounts.com/magazi...t6ccyikegwlelw

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Hate bumping this again with non-related SP info, but a third track from cEvin's album came out today (Anger Is an Acid, feat. IAMX), and it's fucking brilliant.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So does anyone know why Ohgr has dropped off the face of the earth? FB & Twitter both have no updates since 2019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great interview with Cevin,enjoy,

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I just started listening to Weapon, finally, after months of working my way forward with the new albums, and wow, this is badass. Sounds modular as hell and I love the vintage synth wave feel of it. Does anyone know what gear they used on the album?

edit: hard to believe this was the last album they released and it came out a few months before Hesitation Marks. Damn, time has flown by
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 12-31-2021 at 01:03 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Weapon is pretty awesome, and cEvin Key might respond to a random question on FB. He also has posted a bunch of photos of his personal studio, which is crazy epic. Mark Walk contributes a lot on the newer releases too since Greater Wrong of the Right, and is the guy behind a lot of the sound design.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Weapon is pretty awesome, and cEvin Key might respond to a random question on FB. He also has posted a bunch of photos of his personal studio, which is crazy epic. Mark Walk contributes a lot on the newer releases too since Greater Wrong of the Right, and is the guy behind a lot of the sound design.
    Awesome, I'll ask!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Noticed this mentioned over in the Hellfest thread on the NIN side of the house, but it sounds like Skinny Puppy are planning on calling it quits after a 2023 tour: https://www.facebook.com/10004425559...4885200329995/ (and are pulling out of this year's Hellfest so they can concentrate on logistics for said tour)

I'd been hoping that their Hellfest performance would be coinciding with some new music, maybe even another album, but I'm far less sure now. Would be a shame if they did hang it up, but prior to the Hellfest announcement I'd been wondering if they were already through, anyway. Anyway, here's hoping they come through the states in 2023, and that we're not all laid up with the Sigma Kappa Omega variant by then.

I just started listening to Weapon, finally, after months of working my way forward with the new albums, and wow, this is badass. Sounds modular as hell and I love the vintage synth wave feel of it.
    Yeah, Weapon absolutely hit me just right. That's remained one of my favorite SP albums ever since its release. I've mostly quite enjoyed their post-reunion output (though HanDover's never quite done it for me) but Weapon really kicked it up a notch.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    Noticed this mentioned over in the Hellfest thread on the NIN side of the house, but it sounds like Skinny Puppy are planning on calling it quits after a 2023 tour: https://www.facebook.com/10004425559...4885200329995/ (and are pulling out of this year's Hellfest so they can concentrate on logistics for said tour)

I'd been hoping that their Hellfest performance would be coinciding with some new music, maybe even another album, but I'm far less sure now. Would be a shame if they did hang it up, but prior to the Hellfest announcement I'd been wondering if they were already through, anyway. Anyway, here's hoping they come through the states in 2023, and that we're not all laid up with the Sigma Kappa Omega variant by then.

Yeah, Weapon absolutely hit me just right. That's remained one of my favorite SP albums ever since its release. I've mostly quite enjoyed their post-reunion output (though HanDover's never quite done it for me) but Weapon really kicked it up a notch.
    1.) Hopefully their "final" show is in Canada because I got my passport specifically for Hellfest but It wouldnt be a problem to head up north.

2.) I really dig paragun, wornin and the new version of solvent. Hard to believe their last album came almost a decade ago.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tour dates are coming out!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Does anyone have any of the presale codes? Help me out, I cant miss this! Fillmore in Minneapolis plz

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Does anyone have any of the presale codes? Help me out, I cant miss this! Fillmore in Minneapolis plz
    They posted it on their Facebook page:

Ticket Sales Schedule & Passwords:

Citi Presale: Tuesday, February 7, 2023, 11:00 AM Eastern Time | Password: Citi BINs

Ticketmaster Presale: Wednesday, February 8, 2023, 10:00 AM Eastern Time | Password: TMFINAL

Live Nation Presale: Wednesday, February 8, 2023, 10:00 AM Local Time | Password: CHORUS

All Presales End: Thursday, February 9, 2023, 10:00 PM Local Time

Public On-Sale & Citi® Cardmember Preferred Tickets: Friday, February 10, 2023, 10:00 AM Local Time