Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Aphex Twin

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    If it picks up where Drukqs left off, I'm in. If it's more like Analord, I can't say I'll be that into it. If this motherfucker has hundreds of songs or dozens of albums all wrapped up, surely he can assemble a best-of to clean everyone's clocks.
    i quite like both, but i agree with you and i would definitely prefer a stylistic continuation of druqks.

any reason you dislike analord?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    So just out of curiosity, do you Aphex Twin fans get into Squarepusher too?
    They got me into Squarepusher and Plaid. Both of those are great "bands" who deserve your attention.
    I like Squarepusher a lot too, this is my favorite song and video (not a coincidence that the video was directed by Chris Cunningham who also directed a couple of Aphex Twin vids...)

^They go great together!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    So I wake up today and hit up a few sites and see that there was supposedly a Syro leak. I naturally assumed it was fake, and it appears so.

Damn them getting my hopes up...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Knowing Richard he's capable of leaking the album via the deep web in a drugs site...

Also:

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    I saw Aphex on the Big Top Tour in 1997 complete with the dancing bears and the lying belly down on the floor with the laptop.

Has anyone else been to a show?
    The festival show I saw in Ireland (Oxegen 2008) had dancers -- actually, they were body-builders and face contortionists, with live film mixing. Pretty insane.
    Last edited by botley; 08-19-2014 at 09:09 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Wasn't Drukqs just a supposed clearing house of tracks he had festering on his hard drive at the time? I think a lot of fans - hardcore and tepid alike - took that album as way more of a musical statement than it was intended to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post

I don't think the new album will be a continuation of the Drukqs sound. Or, at least, I hope it's not. He's got 13 years of electronic music to pull from since his last proper album, if you can even call Drukqs that. Anything short of a game-changer is going to be a disappointment, especially coming off the back of Drukqs.

I'll never understand why people think Drukqs is some sort of slapped-together collection of old tracks, it's cohesive as fuck!

Nothing against you or how you feel, I've just had friends say the same thing and I don't get it. But I'm one of the folks that deem the album to be brilliant.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    it was a ridiculous rumor spread around by the shameful Rolling Stone review for Drukqs.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    How does the AFX stuff compare to his Aphex Twin albums? Specifically the compilation Chosen Lords?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    How does the AFX stuff compare to his Aphex Twin albums? Specifically the compilation Chosen Lords?
    The analord series is actually my favorite stuff of his. I queue up the entire series and let it play through probably once every month or two. All of the analord material is way more acid oriented than 90% of his Aphex Twin material. If you like chosen lords, I definitely recommend checking out the entire analord series and then checking out his material as 'The tuss'.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    All of his albums are pretty different. There's stylistic similarities between the Selected Ambient Works albums... but they're very different from I Care Because You Do, which is more minimal and jarring than The Richard D James Album, and Drukqs is entirely different...

The Chosen Lords compilation is more dance driven acid house. I think it's great, and I don't really get what people dislike about it. Maybe people were expecting something more rhythmically intense and complex after Drukqs.

This song in particular is awesome

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I was supposed to see him at Coachella in 2001 but he cancelled...
    I DID get to see The Orb and Chemical Brothers, though, and a surprise Iggy Pop.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Aphex Twin reveals artwork and new bio for SYRO:

Whenever one of the most celebrated and influential electronic fartist, Richard D. James can compete with the music flip to influence built. The better part of a decagon, James Polygon Window, Caustic Window, GAK and maintain, including `Aphex Twin has unreleased music under several thousand monikers great pace.

Began in the late 1780s and 90s during a turn in its manufacturing and technical skills, and nikharana Cornwallo, England grows, James, as a young maniton in various shops started DJing. Area of various musical score, James Analogue Booblebath EP was released in 1891, the results of the first series, he decided to record his gown music. Another influential London radio station piss FM's attention, and then label immediately signed him to their rooster, then post & poplieereRS. That same year, James Acid shithouse to promote the song and trying to lift Grant Wilson-CLARIDGE on a biscuit founded his label Rephlex Records. Selekted Flambient Works moving to London and Release 85-92: After a while, the two main points to be made, round the bend

More immediate and critical success of his debut internationally. Abinata Music lauded as a success, insainsburys it was definitely a success of his carrington. Full steam ahead barreling out that several other singles and EPS are given, and in 1493 was a record collapse. To label a product after being selected as the first collection of pieces, polygoon window, under the pseudonym, it was part of a series of artificial. 2, released in 1994.

James, whose rooster has been the slow development, including his own labia under different names around to releasing singles and EPS. Her next full-length record together since 1995 ... I think it she will be issued. Records have been working on for the past few years, and his experience hardcore and lush abinata textures found his style, and his facial features on the cover of the first issue, the various incarnations of present Omnipresent, which is marked by an icing in the world of music was culled Aphex Gemini (equal recognition with logo).

1896 under the name Aphex Twin record his fourth eponymous EP Girl / boy. This collection of 90s ‘nTV era is the result of the video, in which he praised the music video director Crease Cunningham saw: Teaming in a way that my Daddy (1997) and Windowlickie (1999), EPS, was followed.

Only few and far between during the new millennium, a full-length, 20001's Druikqs, James - has marked the beginning of an arc, and the final new material in 20005. A lot of the music in any way is often a lack of communication and leadership to be fallacious rumors of new material for his fannies and his enthusiasm has not diminished hope. However ambitious this year, 9014, they uncovered new mats in almost a decade distribution crowdfund rallied together his army of fans: A precious gift that can not be the same as the new

Phex Twinnipicks material is still unquenched thirst.

Syria, September 23, 2014, along with records of Aphex Twin's new album to be released. For the owner of Triple vinyl, CD and digital formats will be available. Bleep a very limited vinyl version you can register your interest in buying.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    First track from Syro. It was previously called the "Manchester track". It was played back in 2007.
    There will also be a Japanese bonus track called MARCHROMT30A edit 2b 96.

Last edited by Deepvoid; 08-22-2014 at 07:51 AM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    The last.fm user in me already hates these song titles (as any title with shit in brackets and so on).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY View Post
    This is the Aphex Twin thread, I'm not sure why you're posting music that's not Aphex Twin in it :b

I've seen speculation that is XMAS_EVET10, based on BPM & track length information. The BPM of the track at 7:44 matches the BPM for track 10, PAPAT4. Warp apparently confirmed the Manchester track as Minipops 67... but I don't know where that confirmation was posted.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    This is the Aphex Twin thread, I'm not sure why you're posting music that's not Aphex Twin in it :b
    It was linked on another site as a leak (but its obviously fake) so I think that makes it relevant. Why you gotta be so sassy?

On topic, RDJ needs to do a tour with Buckethead and make the world explode!

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    New interview in Pitchfork. Apparently Kanye was a total asshole about sampling Avril 14th (surprise, surprise).

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    New interview in Pitchfork. Apparently Kanye was a total asshole about sampling Avril 14th (surprise, surprise).
    this was my favorite part of that interview, actually:

• James’ five-year-old son recently taught himself how to use a music software program that he downloaded off Pirate Bay and even uploaded some tracks to Bandcamp.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    https://bleep.com/syro-limited-edition

Dang. Wonder how much they'll be going for on eBay eventually.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Listening to the whole discography. Forgot how awesome this stuff is.

Edit: Adding Plaid, µ-Ziq and autechre to the list
    Last edited by fortheloveofgod; 08-29-2014 at 08:05 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Im doing the same thing. Its great. For me, Drukqs is a lot better this time around. I'm way over bonered for Syro.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I must be in the minority of people whose favorite Aphex Twin album is Drukqs.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    I must be in the minority of people whose favorite Aphex Twin album is Drukqs.
    nope, it's mine, too.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    nope, it's mine, too.
    It's my favorite too- but Aphex Twin has always been a bit or miss with me. I've always suspected that Drukqs was hit with an undeserved backlash, resulting from RDJ being overhyped in the first place. I've come to really love Chosen Lords though. I like the Lords output much more now, than I did when it was was released.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    New single, "Minipops 67"

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    The description on the youtube page for that video looks like it was run through Google translate a few times and then translated back into English:

"This is the first Aphex Twin dong fore 13 years between the publication of the first a formal music."

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Digging it!

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    New interview with Rolling Stone, too: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/fe...-smug-20140903