Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil Series

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The story was never a strong suit for the series. Start off clueless, find out some sort of conspiracy, end it. Been the same formula since the beginning. Personally, I don't mind it. The story for all the games are enough to get me to continue playing. I like the story for this one tbh. Not a story that I'd call amazing, but it does well enough.

And Chris's ending was kinda sad.

Spoiler: didn't really care for Piers, but I felt kinda bad when he did what he did. Have a feeling, though, that he's not dead and will end up in the next one. Spared chris this time, but I don't think it'll be that way next time

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    The story was never a strong suit for the series. Start off clueless, find out some sort of conspiracy, end it. Been the same formula since the beginning. Personally, I don't mind it. The story for all the games are enough to get me to continue playing. I like the story for this one tbh. Not a story that I'd call amazing, but it does well enough.

And Chris's ending was kinda sad.

Spoiler: didn't really care for Piers, but I felt kinda bad when he did what he did. Have a feeling, though, that he's not dead and will end up in the next one. Spared chris this time, but I don't think it'll be that way next time
    Spoiler: No, he did die. He went with the facility but he helped Chris take out the Haos to the very end. Don't know if you noticed during Chris' escape scene of him in the escape pod but there was one final burst of lightning signaling his last help for his Captain. He is dead though. Still saddening.

Finally decided to take the time and begin Ada's campaign. I already have done the first two chapters. I'd call her playthrough a 'Best Of' as it features same, best places in every other campaign. Still enjoying it.

News, even though over a week old. Might as well post:

In a recent blog post from Capcom Unity, it has been announced that two free DLC items will arrive for Resident Evil 6 as a title update sometime in the near future. Firstly, this title update will add the new, even harder, ‘No Hope difficulty mode’ which will push your BOW combating skills to their limits.

The update will also add a co-op partner for Ada's campaign, though there has been no confirmation as to who her partner will be. The campaign was originally meant as a solo experience for Ms Wong, but this change will now allow you to play through with a friend if you need someone to hold your hand. Additionally, this update will make Ada's campaign available from the start instead of having to complete all three of the primary campaigns beforehand.

To clarify, Capcom have said that “some data of this update is on the disc, but said data is incomplete and requires the actual download to access”. All future paid DLC, such as the multiplayer modes that were revealed last month, are not on the disc.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Spoiler: No, he did die. He went with the facility but he helped Chris take out the Haos to the very end. Don't know if you noticed during Chris' escape scene of him in the escape pod but there was one final burst of lightning signaling his last help for his Captain. He is dead though. Still saddening.

Finally decided to take the time and begin Ada's campaign. I already have done the first two chapters. I'd call her playthrough a 'Best Of' as it features same, best places in every other campaign. Still enjoying it.

News, even though over a week old. Might as well post:
    I dunno...

Spoiler: he may have gone down with the facility, but I still believe Piers may be alive. That last bolt to save chris could've been the last of his humanity. He turned into a BOW, they survive some pretty ridiculous circumstances.

And personally, I think they should leave the Ada campaign alone. Or at least make the co-op partner optional. Its fine as is.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I dunno...

Spoiler: he may have gone down with the facility, but I still believe Piers may be alive. That last bolt to save chris could've been the last of his humanity. He turned into a BOW, they survive some pretty ridiculous circumstances.

And personally, I think they should leave the Ada campaign alone. Or at least make the co-op partner optional. Its fine as is.
    Spoiler: Who knows. I believe he is dead. The Wikia for the series states it and lots of members from various RE outlets. Who knows?

I don't mind it. But as I'm playing it and how it ties in with stories already...I find it pretty difficult to even have that so she does have a co-op partner. Rumor speculation has it so that it is HUNK as her partner.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm beasting it!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Enhance your Resident Evil 6 multiplayer experience with 3 new modes, Survivors, Predator and Onslaught, available on Xbox 360 from 18th December for 320 MS Points each or all 3 as a bundle for 720 MS Points. You can watch some exclusive gameplay of each mode here:

Survivors Mode: http://smarturl.it/re6dlcs
    Predator Mode: http://smarturl.it/re6dlcp
    Onslaught Mode: http://smarturl.it/re6dlco

Big time excited. No mention for PS3 users but probably gonna be the Call of Duty route and be available to those players in January. Can't wait to dive back in and play this again. These videos look fun.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    New DLC Multiplayer Modes rule. Surprisingly fun. I hope we get more Mercenaries characters in future DLC. Love to play as Wesker, cliche of me huh?

Also, LOL:

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Resident Evil: Revelations To get HD Port To Consoles

Fuck yeah, I'm getting this shit.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: Resident Evil Series

Hell yeah! Good thing I put off getting the 3DS version.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I'll be passing on that. I hate to say it since I've been a fan since I was a kid, but I'm done with this series. RE6 was the final nail in the coffin for me.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    I'll be passing on that. I hate to say it since I've been a fan since I was a kid, but I'm done with this series. RE6 was the final nail in the coffin for me.
    To be fair this came out before 6 and evidently follows the flow of 5 and 4 in gameplay but has elements and atmosphere of the earlier titles. Of course that doesn't mean anything, suit yourself.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I actually enjoyed RE6. So I say bring it on.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    To be fair this came out before 6 and evidently follows the flow of 5 and 4 in gameplay but has elements and atmosphere of the earlier titles. Of course that doesn't mean anything, suit yourself.
    Yeah I know that, but even when they announced it, it still didn't look that interesting.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Plays like 5 it looks like. I'm fine with that!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I know I'm probably the only one here that had any interest or bothered to buy Revelations today but I must say thus far I am LOVING it. Such a huge departure from 6 and it plays like RE5 but with a better engine upgrade. RE5 is my favorite from the series so I'm glad it's more like it. The story is engaging and the Raid Mode is going to make me waste so many hours of my time. It's so freaking fun. I love it. I can't wait till my RE game partner gets the game this Friday in the UK then I'm really gonna go to town on it. It's going to be my game for the Summer along with Gears of War: Judgment.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 05-21-2013 at 10:37 PM. Reason: grmmr

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm going to get this eventually. Possibly the next game I pick up. Looks like they went back to their horror roots (I played the 3DS demo).

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Just bought RE6 on PS3 but haven't played yet. I really liked the 5 except for the can't walk and shot at the time thing.
    I know it's a "tradition" but one I was not familiar with... and it sucks.

So how's RE6?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm going to get this eventually. Possibly the next game I pick up. Looks like they went back to their horror roots (I played the 3DS demo).
    The atmosphere is creepy and really narrow. The game is dark and murky as well. One section had me iffy on exploration as I didn't want to deal with some enemies. There's lots of open exploration, backtracking and a sense of being alone in this game.

Raid Mode is fun as fuck. I love it. Raymond Vester will be my main man until I unlock a few characters to experiment with.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Just bought RE6 on PS3 but haven't played yet. I really liked the 5 except for the can't walk and shot at the time thing.
    I know it's a "tradition" but one I was not familiar with... and it sucks.

So how's RE6?
    I liked RE6. It got a lot of unnecessary hate and negativity. The game is really long and has a lot of content for the price. I enjoyed it. It's worth playing.

If you had the option between 6 and Revelations, go with the latter.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I liked RE6 as well. Had its problems. But not enough to ruin anything.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I've only just begun!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    omgomgomgomgomg

Resident Evil Remastered is getting an HD remaster for the Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3 and PS4 (and I assume PC)!

720p and 1080p and will be released Early 2015 via digital release ONLY.

Comparison -

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I'm waiting on Evil Within.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    I'm waiting on Evil Within.
    Revive the thread?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    So, this is an HD port of the gamecube remake? Maybe there's still hope for a port of RE0.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    So, this is an HD port of the gamecube remake? Maybe there's still hope for a port of RE0.
    Yep

Nah, nothing new right now.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    http://www.totalxbox.com/81081/resid...aire-redfield/

Welp, guess I'm stuck waiting while everyone else plays because I prefer to have a physical copy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm so glad Claire is back! She's probably my favorite RE character after Jill. I'm not getting the episode concept though. Wtf

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Okay...this looks pretty awesome. I have yet to play the first Revelations, and it's on sale now on PSN for like $13. Worth it?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post

Okay...this looks pretty awesome. I have yet to play the first Revelations, and it's on sale now on PSN for like $13. Worth it?
    Never played it. but, I've heard nothing but good things about it. Might have to scoop it up.