Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    RIP Daisy.
    Me sad ((

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    http://www.brooklynvegan.com/marilyn...e-allegations/

I wonder if Twiggy will be kicked out the band? If these allegations are true I don't want to continue to support the band (I have a ticket for a February show).
    What city?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    What city?
    Boston.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Thank you Daisy for being a great guitarist and a cool dude. We will miss you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Damn I watched Demystifying the Devil last night and was thinking there wouldn't even be a Marilyn Manson without Daisy

Gonna jam Portrait loud tonight
    Last edited by rampface; 10-22-2017 at 04:04 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Horrible news :;

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Oh god no

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    What a fucking terrible month for Manson. First that injury, then a longtime bandmate being accused of rape, and now an ex-bandmate dying. I now think the guy should just retire already.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Nicholas View Post
    What a fucking terrible month for Manson. First that injury, then a longtime bandmate being accused of rape, and now an ex-bandmate dying. I now think the guy should just retire already.
    Counterpoint: that foot injury was a slight blessing in disguise.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Terrible fuckin news! RIP scott, Manson has you to thank for his early success

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Let’s get this thread in a order. Let’s discuss the best daisy riffs.

To me, I love it when daisy gets creative with Harmonics and feedback. Making them as part of the music. Cake and sodomy come to mind.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    That's so sad about daisy. the Portrait/opening for nin era was the only time I was really a Manson fan.
    It seemed like in the beginning, MM was a band, not a person. The more that changed, the less interested I was.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Let’s get this thread in a order. Let’s discuss the best daisy riffs.

To me, I love it when daisy gets creative with Harmonics and feedback. Making them as part of the music. Cake and sodomy come to mind.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Misery Machine and Dogma all the way

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Daisy definitely had an original style of playing that was not appreciated with the trajectory of the band. Would have been cool to see him link up with another singer after he was dismissed from Manson.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rampface View Post
    Daisy definitely had an original style of playing that was not appreciated with the trajectory of the band. Would have been cool to see him link up with another singer after he was dismissed from Manson.
    Daisy Berkowitz > John5 > Skold > Zim Zum

Not counting Bates in that lineup.

Technically John5 is the most talented of all guitarists but Daisy had an unique style not easily emulated. I no longer have them but his Three Ton gate and Stuck on Evil records are pretty good. His work, although minor really, in Jack Off Jill is pretty cool too.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Damn, garbage news. Fuckssakes...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Marilyn Manson

Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Daisy Berkowitz > John5 > Skold > Zim Zum

Not counting Bates in that lineup.

Technically John5 is the most talented of all guitarists but Daisy had an unique style not easily emulated. I no longer have them but his Three Ton gate and Stuck on Evil records are pretty good. His work, although minor really, in Jack Off Jill is pretty cool too.
    No one could nail the intro to lunchbox like he did, not even John 5.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Damn, I mean stage IV it was just a matter of time I guess. But it doesn’t make it any easier to accept. Rest In Peace Daisy.

Portrait isn’t high on the list of Manson albums for me but I can’t deny he left his mark all over that album and his guitar work was great. Dogma is probably my favourite of his compositions. He also had a hand in the guitar work of Tourniquet right? With the bends and stuff on the lead?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I think so..he is listed as a writer. I love how fucking creepy and unsettling that song is.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Just heard about Scott's passing...so sad.

I had the pleasure of buying an item from Scott back in 2011 and through our emails back and forth I had a chance to meet a guy who genuinely was open to talking about his experiences with Manson and the '94 Self Destruct tour. This document was written by Scott (per my request) highlighting the story behind the TR man of the year laminate that came in the auction.

Rather than keeping things business only, Scott was friendly in his messages and was nice enough to answer the few questions that popped into my head. He then went on to tell me the story behind the laminate and after I said "There is no way I will remember the details of this story, do you mind writing up a small blurb recounting it?" he said "yeah, I can do that."

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I'll admit, even from what i read about him now, my first experience with him didn't start very good. I was watching VH1 classic and this show called Metal Evolution was on talking about Shock Rock and of course Manson had his patt in it, and Scott was the single person the classic line-up that was interviewed....and he didn't really say much about the image or the music....but made a lot of piss shots at Manson...pretty much saying that he was a pussy for not wanting to be a scapegoat for Colombine.....so yeah not a good first look at him from end unfortunately...im sure he was a nice dude to fans....but from what i saw, he hated Manson as much as Pogo did

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I guess to be fair you’d be a bit bitter too if you were effectively forced out of the band you co-founded only for the band to become more successful than it was with you in it. Poor guy just got dealt a band hand I guess

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    I'll admit, even from what i read about him now, my first experience with him didn't start very good. I was watching VH1 classic and this show called Metal Evolution was on talking about Shock Rock and of course Manson had his patt in it, and Scott was the single person the classic line-up that was interviewed....and he didn't really say much about the image or the music....but made a lot of piss shots at Manson...pretty much saying that he was a pussy for not wanting to be a scapegoat for Colombine.....so yeah not a good first look at him from end unfortunately...im sure he was a nice dude to fans....but from what i saw, he hated Manson as much as Pogo did
    He hated Manson for a while after he left the band but I want to say they made peace a while ago. Like there is a picture of Scott backstage next to Manson's equipment at one of the Manson/Pumpkins shows. He was wearing a Denny's t-shirt (hahaha, well played). But I think, Daisy (unlike Pogo) made peace with Manson and that does make me happy, as clearly life is too short.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I’m glad to hear they apparently made peace then even after everything they started something special together.

So that leaves Pogo and Zim Zum on bad terms right? I mean Manson appeared to try and reach out to Pogo recently and we saw how receptive Pogo was to that. That bridge is long burnt.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure Manson dissed Skold a bunch of times after he left. No idea about Ginger Fish.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Ah right I forgot about Skold. I remember something about Manson saying “Twiggy writes from the heart, Skold writes from the chequebook” or something like that implying Skold was a bit of a sellout or something.

Ginger Fish I don’t remember hearing hostility on either side, in fact last year or the year before I’m sure Ginger said he was worried about Manson’s health and lifestyle I think

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disassociative View Post
    Ginger Fish I don’t remember hearing hostility on either side, in fact last year or the year before I’m sure Ginger said he was worried about Manson’s health and lifestyle I think
    Should be just before 7 minutes in this interview:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Aww, shit. Putesky died? Still to this day, my favorite Manson stuff is the songs he played on. I always tell people that.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Damn, I didn't realize he had stage 4 cancer....that's awful. He was largely responsible for me even liking the band in the first place, and I remember being severely disappointed when he departed / Zim Zum took over.