Thread: Return of The NIN Store - Livenation

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    God that is so boring.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    @ManBurning It's been up since Jan. 2, but yeah, pretty new.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Good news everybody!!! Or at least pin lovers. :-)

https://store.nin.com/collections/ob...s/nin-logo-pin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I did not realize they put the tour shirt up, anybody have an extra medium or perhaps an extra Memphis shirt.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post

I assume that's the same one they sold on tour, but I always wish that bands would put up an actual photo of stuff like this so we could see exactly what we're getting.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I stood on line at Radio City N2 to get that and and that's all I bought. Looks great at my desk at work. Granted, would have loved to get a N1 poster but that line was too long for me to stand in.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    anyone know if the tanks will work if worn by a man? i just ordered the 'feels like ive been here muscle tank' thinking it was for dudes only to see its a womans shirt in the fine print description after i ordered *faceplant/eyeroll* all the others clearly say 'womans' in the bold name but this one . i guess i can always return it if it looks retarded when worn by a guy

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davemuzik85 View Post
    anyone know if the tanks will work if worn by a man? i just ordered the 'feels like ive been here muscle tank' thinking it was for dudes only to see its a womans shirt in the fine print description after i ordered *faceplant/eyeroll* all the others clearly say 'womans' in the bold name but this one . i guess i can always return it if it looks retarded when worn by a guy
    congrats, you managed to be sexist, ableist, and a general idiot all in one post!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    congrats, you managed to be sexist, ableist, and a general idiot all in one post!
    I get the ableist remark but how is it sexist to wonder if the shirt fits when the website usually does specifically say if a shirt is for women?

If the default being for men is the sexist part, and it is, then your problem is with the NIN store description-writer and not the previous commenter, no?

Women’s shirts are often, but not always a different cut than men’s shirts. It’s a reasonable question to ask.

He might have been ableist but being an * hole in return doesn’t fix anything.

Also, “idiot” is a slur that is equally ableist as the word “retarded”. They both share a history with psychiatric diagnosis of profound intellectual disability, and their casual use is meant to be cruel. They essentially are synonyms. One is just more culturally acceptable *for now* but shouldn’t be.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiot

So yeah. Maybe chill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    Let's not overreact here. These replies to anything that differs from your anxiously and religiously guarded politically correct worldview are condescending, annoying and snobbish. "Look I'm better than you, you redneck" - this is the message you send. Please don't do this.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I don’t think it’s “PC” to care about not being ableist or sexist or otherwise, I just took issue at the level of response to someone who clearly made a mistake but wasn’t trying to be a jerk. The correct response should be to call it out firmly but with some respect, not with such ferocity and hypocrisy to boot. We should all strive to be better people.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I get the ableist remark but how is it sexist to wonder if the shirt fits when the website usually does specifically say if a shirt is for women?

If the default being for men is the sexist part, and it is, then your problem is with the NIN store description-writer and not the previous commenter, no?

Women’s shirts are often, but not always a different cut than men’s shirts. It’s a reasonable question to ask.

He might have been ableist but being an * hole in return doesn’t fix anything.

Also, “idiot” is a slur that is equally ableist as the word “retarded”. They both share a history with psychiatric diagnosis of profound intellectual disability, and their casual use is meant to be cruel. They essentially are synonyms. One is just more culturally acceptable *for now* but shouldn’t be.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiot

So yeah. Maybe chill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I don’t think it’s “PC” to care about not being ableist or sexist or otherwise, I just took issue at the level of response to someone who clearly made a mistake but wasn’t trying to be a jerk. The correct response should be to call it out firmly but with some respect, not with such ferocity and hypocrisy to boot. We should all strive to be better people.
    i was unaware of the history of term idiot. thank you for letting me know.

and you're right, i overreacted a little bit. thanks for calling me out in a reasonable way!
    @davemuzik85 sorry, dude. try not to use the R word next time and we're all good.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    What a great response! Very impressed with your humility. Shows a lot of maturity.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    to eversonpoe: wow... i dont even know how to respond to that, i dont wanna get off topic in the thread but how could you even interpret my question in that way. Theres a reason when you go into a clothing store theres a men's section and women's section. I'm just gunna stop there because if this requires any firther explanation the problem clearly does not lie with me. i def dont want this to turn into a gender related debate. but seriously you should take a deeper look at your own biases if you had a problem with my question.There, i said what i had to say and thats the last i will entertain any other comments on THAT! haha
    Now, I still havent received the shirt and no one has answered yet so when i get it, for anyone that is interested because the shirt does look pretty cool and maybe some guys may be considering getting it but didnt since its a' woman's' shirt, i will update if the shirt could work on a "mans" body type.
    disclaimer: no person of any gender was harmed in the making of this post!

ok and if the "r" word was the problem, I'm sorry. wrong choice of words there. I meant harm to any persons with mental disabilities. Poor choice of word
    Last edited by davemuzik85; 01-13-2019 at 04:27 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davemuzik85 View Post
    to eversonpoe: wow... i dont even know how to respond to that, i dont wanna get off topic in the thread but how could you even interpret my question in that way. Theres a reason when you go into a clothing store theres a men's section and women's section. I'm just gunna stop there because if this requires any firther explanation the problem clearly does not lie with me. i def dont want this to turn into a gender related debate. but seriously you should take a deeper look at your own biases if you had a problem with my question.There, i said what i had to say and thats the last i will entertain any other comments on THAT! haha
    Now, I still havent received the shirt and no one has answered yet so when i get it, for anyone that is interested because the shirt does look pretty cool and maybe some guys may be considering getting it but didnt since its a' woman's' shirt, i will update if the shirt could work on a "mans" body type.
    disclaimer: no person of any gender was harmed in the making of this post!

ok and if the "r" word was the problem, I'm sorry. wrong choice of words there. I meant harm to any persons with mental disabilities. Poor choice of word

I'll come right out and say that I almost bought that shirt until I saw that it was a women's cut. I LOVE some of the shirts that they only make in women's cuts, and was so happy when they made a unisex Ghosts birds shirt. I love the two women's cut shirts that I bought when my arms could fit into that cut.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    ok so the shirt came today and its def too small for me. I got a large because thats the mens size that has been working for me lately with these new NIN shirts and yeh, its way too tight( I'm pretty average too: 5'10, 160lbs athletic build). However, i do like the shirt and think it would be really cool if the fit was right. Other than it fitting too tight i don't notice any other differences from what would sterotypically be a "man's-cut" shirt. The material is super light and strechy though so i can kinda squeeze into it but the tight-fitting shirt look is not my thing so i think i'm gunna return this shirt and opt for the XL size. For the guys, If you are interested in getting it, def go at least a size up from what you usually fit into. Stay tuned for further details on this developing story...
    Last edited by davemuzik85; 01-15-2019 at 03:29 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Dude, Amazon Prime has spoiled me. I get so whiny when I order stuff from the NIN store because it feels like it takes FOREVER to arrive and like shipping is SOOOO expensive when really: it's just not free 2-day shipping. Lol.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

I got his at the Royal Albert Hall show, its great (though i'm a bit miffed it cost me £10 but is $5 here!)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    XL came today and its fitting much better. I gunna keep it. Shirt is super light, thin and "air-ry" feeling. Perfect for a seeing NIN at an outdoor venue on a hot summer day (fingers crossed for a summer tour). Only issue I have with it is that that the length of the shirt is little bit short around the waist area, so when you raise your arms (most likely during the HLAH performance) your stomach may show a tad bit, but nothing too crazy to make me not wanna keep it. Def wouldn't recommend it for anyone sporting a beer belly. Hope this helped,
    Rock-on everyone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, umm...

I feel like I'm generally careful with my credit card. Make sure my browser is on a secure "https://" site before buying something, don't buy stuff from obviously sketchy websites, or anything that I have to translate. But my CC info has gotten stolen twice in the last three months, and what seems to be in common was a recent purchase from an online NIN store. The first time I didn't make a correlation because the fraudulent charge was here in the US and I chalked it up to a bad actor at a restaurant or fast food place. However, I recently ordered the HTDA record from the UK NIN store, and was notified of a suspicious charge in the UK today.

Is this a spurious connection, or have other people had the same thing happen? I certainly don't suspect NIN themselves of shenanigans, but I'm wondering if the company they've contracted to run it isn't as secure as it could be. I like using an artist's store if possible, but I'm forming a trust issue. Thanks.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Have you contacted the support folks at LN? That's probably something they should look into if you've noticed a pattern.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    Have you contacted the support folks at LN? That's probably something they should look into if you've noticed a pattern.
    I hadn't, mostly because I don't have a lot of solid evidence. (Also, I hate confrontation. ) But it's worth a shot!

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThermionicScott View Post
    Is this a spurious connection, or have other people had the same thing happen? I certainly don't suspect NIN themselves of shenanigans, but I'm wondering if the company they've contracted to run it isn't as secure as it could be. I like using an artist's store if possible, but I'm forming a trust issue. Thanks.
    I believe they're running on Shopify (at least in the US), and if someone's got access to credit card information on Shopify, that would send incredible shockwaves through the ecommerce industry. Generally speaking, these days when you make a purchase online with a credit card, your information isn't stored with the store, but with the payment processor.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Looks like NIN did a collab with Marvel after all:
    "MARVEL APPROACHED NINE INCH NAILS ABOUT DOING A COLLABORATIVE TSHIRT IN CELEBRATION OF THE RELEASE OF CAPTAIN MARVEL, IN WHICH CAROL DANVERS PROUDLY DISPLAYS A NIN SHIRT THROUGHOUT THE FILM. THIS ITEM WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR A VERY LIMITED TIME ON THE NIN.COM STOREPRINTED IN BLACK ON A WHITE, 100% COTTON, ENZYME WASHED, MENS TEE."

https://store.nin.com/collections/cl...star-tee-white

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Come_Reptile View Post
    "MARVEL APPROACHED NINE INCH NAILS ABOUT DOING A COLLABORATIVE TSHIRT IN CELEBRATION OF THE RELEASE OF CAPTAIN MARVEL, IN WHICH CAROL DANVERS PROUDLY DISPLAYS A NIN SHIRT THROUGHOUT THE FILM. THIS ITEM WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR A VERY LIMITED TIME ON THE NIN.COM STOREPRINTED IN BLACK ON A WHITE, 100% COTTON, ENZYME WASHED, MENS TEE."

https://store.nin.com/collections/cl...star-tee-white
    Insanely fucking cool. Just ordered the grey one.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Damn being broke right now.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Come_Reptile View Post
    "MARVEL APPROACHED NINE INCH NAILS ABOUT DOING A COLLABORATIVE TSHIRT IN CELEBRATION OF THE RELEASE OF CAPTAIN MARVEL, IN WHICH CAROL DANVERS PROUDLY DISPLAYS A NIN SHIRT THROUGHOUT THE FILM." ..... "MENS TEE."
    Uhhh

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Uhhh

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Uhhh
    I was just thinking about that...maybe because the shirt worn in the film only comes in a men's size?

https://store.nin.com/collections/cl...white-logo-tee

In any case, I thought there might be women's cuts as well for the CM x NIN shirts....but maybe that's just the desired style.
    Last edited by pushingreality; 03-07-2019 at 03:33 PM.