20 Post(s)
    I just looked.

at the seattle craigslist.

Awesome Amplifier
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/ele/3513190974.html

GAHMAZING Amplifier
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/ele/3495132660.html

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/ele/3487077364.html

And Holy shit. if I was in Seattle I'd go buy this right now. Especially for that price. In that shape.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ele/3477035940.html

@NotoriousTIMP

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Vinyl Collectors Unite!

I'm looking for a steal of a deal. (IE: around $100)

(Btw, you don't have to keep tagging me in this thread. I've subscribed to it so I get notified when a new post happens.)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    100 bucks? and you collect vinyl!?

okay. I'll find you something for 100 bucks...

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i bought another one of these yesterday from ikea because i've suddenly started accumulating vinyl much faster than i had been previously. my girlfriend suggested that i use each compartment to display a box set/attractive LP cover, and it looks fantastic. sadly, TGWTDT set is far too big to fit in one of the spaces :/

oh, also, record frames are only $8 at ikea, now, if any of you feel inclined to display your LPs up on the wall.
    I am going to chare a secret with you:

Record fromes may be $8 at Ikea, and they are always $10 at Urban Outfitters and most other places.
    HOWEVER.
    Go to Michaels. They sell them in 3 packs
    http://www.michaels.com/Classics-LP-...ycases&start=3

I leieve the regular price might be $16 or $18 for the three pack. Then, if you have a Michaels coupon for %40 off, which you can get in almost any sunday paper in the Michales add, print off line, or google search for one, your total cost comeout somewhere around $4 per frame.

enjoy.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Just got Dredg's El Cielo today. 10th Anniversary Limited Edition 45rpm 2XLP with 6" booklet. First pressing that's ever been available of this album on vinyl. Could not be more excited, as I've been waiting for this to be released on vinyl for YEARS. Pretty sure it's remastered, too. Sounds AMAZING.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Just got this in the mail today

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

The whole series of Rachel's on vinyl.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Keith. Its christmas all over

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/ele/3498411656.html

damn man. Seattle has the goods on high end vintage audio gear!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    My current love interest was able to snag a copy of Angry Bear on vinyl for me. The Limited Edition Blue Vinyl print, limited to 300 copies. <3

Ahhhhhhhhhh!
    Needed to be reposted.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Vinyl Collectors Unite!

^^^^
    Nice!! I don't know who that band is but you're lucky that your SO gets you wax. Mine still scratches her head as to why I buy a "dead format"

Quote Originally Posted by joymode View Post
    Keith. Its christmas all over

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/ele/3498411656.html

damn man. Seattle has the goods on high end vintage audio gear!
    Thanks man! I just shot him an email seeing if he still had it. Tacoma is about an hour south of me (depending on how deep in tacoma he's located) so we'll see!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Just picked this guy up

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Vinyl Collectors Unite!

That's a cool looking record

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Thanks I been on the search for awhile for it

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post

The whole series of Rachel's on vinyl.
    Still can't believe that Systems/Layers wasn't pressed to vinyl, since it's their best album.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    I'll need to post some pics of my shiny The Answer EP before long...
    Oh please do. I have the cd but not the vinyl. It's a double right?

ps. I adore Never, Never Land too, it's probably my most listened to UNKLE album. Most of the remixes are sublime too.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    @Jinsai It's funny you mention that. I bought Rachel grimme's new EP with DVD and I had a chance to leave a comment to her and I ask that very question.

Hi Ryan,
    Your DVD was mailed today - hope you enjoy it.

Thanks for the kind email about the sys/lay LP notion. We made the
    case but our record label Touch & Go decided not to do the LP. It was
    a business decision, made as the shifting times were looking more and
    more bleak. Needless to say, things in the record business have only
    gotten worse. T&G went through a massive restructuring, most of their
    artists are now out on their own, and many still searching for any
    kind of label partner.

So, thank you very much for your direct order - it helps me keep
    moving forward.

Happy new year, Rachel

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I'm thinking about getting these.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0040L...sr=8-1&pi=SL75

anyone have any experience with speakers in the 500 dollar range?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Klipsch are nice. I prefer Polk or JBL. as long as its not Bose tho you're good

I just installed a set of Genelecs in a studio. hoooboy. those are nice.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I'm a Paradigm fan. Check out the SE1s. Retail is a bit higher than $500/pair, but I bet you can find them for about that.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    anyone have any experience with speakers in the 500 dollar range?
    i make my living as an A/V guy and i 100% agree with joymode. Klipsch are nice (and they're definitely pretty), but for the price, i'd go with Polk or JBL.

and yeah, for the love of your own ears, stay away from Bose. they give you all this crap about how they've refined technology for better sound but it's mostly bullshit and only applies under very, very specific listening conditions.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I always said that Bose should win amazing grandiose awards... For Marketing.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I was also thinking about getting these

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0018QRO9A/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1357314421&sr=8-7&pi=SL75

But then I read this guys review

If your looking for GREAT Bookshelf speakers for playing MUSIC...ESPECIALLY VINYL. THESE SPEAKERS IMPRESS!

Ok,
    So I'm on a budget, (like most these days) and my 15 year old Yamaha (NS-A635) bookshelf speakers have served me well, but have had it. What do I do??? Well logically, buy another (supposedly) comparable pair of Yamaha bookshelf speakers, the(NS-6490's) to be exact. I live in a condo, and when it comes to sound, I need quality not quanity. Excited to receive my new Yamaha's, I hook them up and immediately notice the "sparkle" of my old vinyl records is now replaced with a "hallow tinny" sound. At the price point I paid, I didn't expect to be wowed...but still. Frustrated, I lug them back to the Post Office and after endless research, conversations, and weeks of research; I've been convinced that a pair of Polk Audio bookshelf speakers, (the RTiA1's) to be exact, will trump the Yamaha's. At over double the price, (around $300 Dollars or so for the pair), I'm expecting nothing less...so I wait.

A week later the Polk speakers arrive. Upon unpacking them I'm immediately impressed. Polk Audio sure makes a nice product, real wood cabinets, handsome design, etc... Upon playing them, (I know there is a break in period involved), while detailed, there is NO SPARKLE. That is, the high end sounds "subdued" and not crisp. Even upon increasing the treble response, (while still warm sounding) vocal passages still sound some what "muffled," cymbals, and other percussion instruments have the missing clarity and punch that I'm used to with Analog recordings. After about a week of lackluster performance from the Polk's, I head back to my friends at the Post Office and return them.

Finally, (upon more research), I decide upon the Klipsch (RB-51) bookshelf speakers. While slightly higher in price, I'm convinced they'll deliver the sound I'm looking for. Upon receiving them from a reputable Amazon seller, I'm immediately impressed. The weight, build quality, cool magnetic grills, and copper colored woofers are very elegant looking, (the speakers look especially striking with the grills off). I hook them up and drop the needle on Billy Joel's Piano Man, (MOFI edition)Lp. In short, FANTASTIC!!! It was like Billy was almost playing in my living room. The KLIPSCH speakers had the clarity and detail that the POLK's lacked. No need to crank the treble response up anymore. In short, the Klipsch (RB-51) bookshelf speakers are bright, (not harsh), detailed, warm and sonic. All things considered, I can honestly say they are simply FANTASTIC!!! My music sounds ALIVE again. Worth every penny"

They will be just used for playing vinyl. This review seems good and has me looking at the klipsch's speakers. I don't know

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    well I'll tell you this. You wont be disappointed with Klipsh.

I just personally prefer JBL and POLK.

I play vinyl through my Polks. and I use my polks for real world mixing and mastering.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    i prefer JBLs as well, but they're generally pricier. fortunately, i inherited an excellent pair from a ex-friend many moons ago (he ditched them because he spilled wax on them- easily removable with a hair dryer and some paper towel), and they're still going strong. klipsh makes great headphones though, so i suspect their speakers are solid as well.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Thank you for your input I think I'm going to go with the klipsh

Furthermore I was bored and took pictures of my National limited edition color vinyl

****joymode did not mean to face palm your post .
    Last edited by Rdm; 01-04-2013 at 10:58 AM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

I dont even know how to facepalm!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    That's a great collection. Makes me want to take a picture of all of my Flaming Lips colored LPs.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    That's a great collection. Makes me want to take a picture of all of my Flaming Lips colored LPs.
    Did you get yourself a copy of the Heady Fwends 12" from RSD? If not and you're interested in one, let me know as I have an extra copy

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Did you get yourself a copy of the Heady Fwends 12" from RSD? If not and you're interested in one, let me know as I have an extra copy
    Indeed I did! My record store of choice is this record shop in Lawrence, KS where Kliph lives so anytime there is a special Lips release they get HELLA copies. It was strange reading other peoples experiences with not being able to get copies of it on RSD, cause our store literally had boxes.

What colors are your LPs, though? Mine were an odd mixture of yellow and grey with one random splash of blue.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Vinyl Collectors Unite!

This is one of my favorite RSD releases that I own and it gets played quite a bit. The sea foam green wax is a bit different and makes me like this release even more:

As far as Heady Fwends goes, I originally bought one to keep sealed (copy #1) and then I bought another one from eBay to have as a play copy. Well, I couldn't stand not knowing what the records looked like so I opened Copy #1

Copy #1

Copy #2

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=47.498564,-122.202158