Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The Xbox Thread

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I feel for Xbox fans at this point. I'm worried something like this will be happening with Sony...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: The Xbox Thread

Hopefully sony doesn't do this. My main gripe about having to check in. What if your connection is crapping out on you? You're screwed and locked out of your console. I'm always online anyway, but there's always the "what if".

And the lending policy is kinda weird. You're only able to lend out a game once, then never again? Hmmm.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I think Sony won't follow the online check in routine. But I think the game policy might be.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The used game policy is the lesser of the two evils IMHO. I rarely play used/shared games, have no intention of selling my library, etc.

BUt my internet connection can be dodgy sometimes.

Well, actually both DO limit the extent to which we own something we paid money for. It's hard to say. I'm sure more people will be affected by the used games policy than will be affected by the online thing.
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 06-06-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

If Sony doesn't fall in line with Microsoft, they'll be ahead. Online checkpoints are a terrible idea, and that's going to screw them. Hopefully Sony doesn't follow.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Though I assume SONY will have something similar to match it...still. What. In the actual fuck.
    If Sony is smart, they'll say "fuck that shit" as loudly as possible.

Also, what developer (aka publisher) is going to say "no trading" if it's left up to an executive decision? A lot (most) of them. Expect to see most publishers hold restrictions on sales for about a year after the release of a title.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    The more details that come out, the more it seems to me like they're making up this shit on a whim and winging it with what features and restrictions it will have.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    And the weird one...and I do mean weird. Even though Microsoft has finally confirmed that used games will not have a 'fee' and that it's still 'up to the developer' (really, which dev would say 'no too bad! no trading!')....the big thing announced is...

Each game can only be sold/traded to another person once ...and that person has to have been on your friends list for at least 30 days.
    ................................what? No really what. Because it seems like every time Microsoft announce something they think they're reassuring us or putting our worries to rest, but in reality they're just confusing and worrying us even more.

If they can't keep the loyal 360 fans interested, how the hell do they think they're going to attract new consumers? All of this cloak-and-daggers 'We're going to clarify what we told you last week with something even more ambiguous and then we're going to say we can't announce anything further at this time' shit just makes me wonder if they have a console at all or if they're just putting out all of the ideas they knew would annoy fans to see which ones will be less repugnant. Spoiler alert, Microsoft: everything you've announced is shit. It's really only the people who have an Xbox right now mostly to watch Netflix who are in any way interested by your new media cen... er, console.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The problem I see with their business plan is that they will certainly regress on their customer base. They will definitely make more money because they will get more money from more unites, but they need to expand their base. I don't see how more people are going to buy into this over the 360, but maybe I'm giving people too much credit. I'll just have to wait and see what Sony does, and see how the prices are next year for games.

I might be a PC Gamer only again like I was in the late 90s. Steam is great because games are cheaper new (usually) and they have a ton of sales. iOS games are cheap (usually) and you don't really have to worry about reselling them because they are so cheap. Console games are not cheap, especially if you cannot rent them beforehand to see if you really like them or not.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re:

To be honest, its a cool idea that trading your games with friends. I can instantly get a game without paying minus trading a game with a friend. Beats the hassle of going to GameStop and paying a pretty shitty price for a used game that is in a very used condition.

I can understand this way is not for everyone.

Again though its not entirely clear. Once I lend a game, can I have the license back without hassle?

Also, how restricted is that family plan idea? I'm thinking me and couple of friends are going to be on the same family account that way we can share the games we buy. Pretty neat idea if it goes the way I'm hoping it does.

In the minority, but I'm digging the new Xbox.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So am I. To be honest, I was talking with my friend about it...about how SONY's PS4 conference was 'disappointing' and people saying the Xbox One's "fizzled". I think we've officially hit the point where the vocal minority has won. That's it...today's gamer is so self-entitled (not talking about anyone here AT ALL) with such a shit attention span that it is officially impossible to please them. Think about it. Ten years ago a new console would've been awesome! Now people just can't wait to jump on Microsoft's Facebook posts, or on to Reddit, or wherever...and just slag the shit out of anything.

It's so fucking depressing.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    In other news, got a thousand dollars and want a cool thing?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...op-and-diy-kit

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    So am I. To be honest, I was talking with my friend about it...about how SONY's PS4 conference was 'disappointing' and people saying the Xbox One's "fizzled". I think we've officially hit the point where the vocal minority has won. That's it...today's gamer is so self-entitled (not talking about anyone here AT ALL) with such a shit attention span that it is officially impossible to please them. Think about it. Ten years ago a new console would've been awesome! Now people just can't wait to jump on Microsoft's Facebook posts, or on to Reddit, or wherever...and just slag the shit out of anything.

It's so fucking depressing.
    i dont think thats entirely the case... i think that maybe since thebgaming generation has aged theyre treating these pur hases with more scrutiny. We have nore things to pay for and maybe well look for any reason not to want this thing that can cripple us financially.

But im still excited. If the PS4 isnt as draconian itll be pretty awesome. Look how greatThe Last Of Us looks. Games tet to advance more than that now. Thats nuts!. And when you think about how far gaming really came in the last generation, youll notice gameplay has made a significant leap. Maybeitll make another one.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Wonder how the family list will work. Will you be able to edit it later? Or, are you stuck with the ten you choose. It doesn't help one that they're being so cryptic about it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Posted by a buddy on Facebook. Microsoft is allegedly fighting the good fight!

http://www.businessinsider.com/micro...omments-2013-6
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 06-07-2013 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Allegations!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Posted by a buddy on Facebook. Microsoft is allegedly fighting the good fight!

http://www.businessinsider.com/micro...omments-2013-6
    If true, that's just pathetic.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Starting July 1st and ongoing until the end of the console's cycle, all Microsoft Live Gold members will receive 2 free game downloads per month, for full games (they gave AC II and Halo 3 as examples). Not bad!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    RYSE: Son of Rome looks siiiiiiiiick.

Killer Instinct LOLLLLLLLLLL. "ULLLLLTRA COOOOMMMMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo oo!!!"
    Last edited by october_midnight; 06-10-2013 at 12:02 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    FINALLY getting rid of MS Points and moving to real currency later this year.

Also, Dead Rising 3 looks fucking. rad.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 06-10-2013 at 12:32 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Hey Killer Instinct is a thing! Its like, reason Number 2 to get Xbox 1

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I am disappointed that Dead Rising is now exclusive to Xbox......

It came out on PS3 before, what the fuck gives? ughhhh...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Killer Instinct has me roped in but the gameplay looked a bit...odd. It looked like an exact reskin of the NES version. Still a favorite fighting game of mine.

Dead Rising 3 looks good as well.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'm sold on this console on these games alone. Looks like I'm gonna hold off on Watch_Dogs, etc. to get them on next-gen. Pumped.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    In this new generation can we get away from quick time events interrupting gameplay? Ryse Son of Rome looks damn good but why can't they go for fluid combat more like the Batman Arkham games.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    $499 in the US in November (21 other markets worldwide as well)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Gonna reserve mine today...woot!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I am disappointed that Dead Rising is now exclusive to Xbox......

It came out on PS3 before, what the fuck gives? ughhhh...
    First Dead Rising game was Xbox 360 only. Dead Rising 2 and Off The Record were released on PS3 for some reason.

$499.99 is a semi-decent price but I am unsure what the future holds for me now.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    First Dead Rising game was Xbox 360 only. Dead Rising 2 and Off The Record were released on PS3 for some reason.
    Talk about creating inconsistency.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Still not sold ill hold out until im shitting money or until some ultra deluxe Halo 5 Xbox One comes out.... that seems likely.