Page 166 of 191 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 164 165 166 167 168 176 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,980 of 5728

Thread: Controversial Music Opinions...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    While we were in England last summer we saw advertisements for Yesterday all over the place so when it came out on video (and was available at the library so we wouldn't have to pay for it) we rented it and watched it. The only truly good joke in the entire movie was during the big reveal that The Beatles didn't exist anymore and he's looking all over the Internet and in a panic he looks up Oasis and they don't exist either.
    I enjoyed that movie. The Oasis bit was funny.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    "Walking in Memphis" is up there with "Wonderful Christmastime" for worst songs ever.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    "Walking in Memphis" is up there with "Wonderful Christmastime" for worst songs ever.
    Walking In Memphis is so bad... and trust me, it's even worse if you've ever worked as a karaoke host

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Jazz is so annoying! I can't even comprehend how anyone could think that fucking unpleasant trumpet sound is something to be used in a music...?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Radiohead-meh.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    This is sure to be unpopular, but has there ever been a more uncharismatic and unappealing lead guitar player than Billy Howerdel? His stage presence is actually distracting in it’s creepiness. Probably just me though. Sorry for those I’ve offended

PS- Mer De Noms still rules.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    Jazz is so annoying! I can't even comprehend how anyone could think that fucking unpleasant trumpet sound is something to be used in a music...?
    have you ever tried bitches brew?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The Black Keys--meh.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    music -- pfft!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    Radiohead-meh.

Ive listen to 6 radiohead albums and came out inly loving 2 songs (Optimistic and Pyramid Song)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    Ive listen to 6 radiohead albums and came out inly loving 2 songs (Optimistic and Pyramid Song)
    I don't dislike Radiohead--I like them well enough, I just don't think that they are that good. I don't think that O.K. Computer is as amazing as some people claim it is.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I swore that I hated Radiohead for years, but a friend of mine really insisted I give them another shot. What I realized is that I just hated “Creep” and that it wasn’t actually a good representation of their full body of work. Kid A changed my mind, and now I’m slowly working through their catalog and realizing I never gave them a fair shot.

Also, I adore the video for Karma Police. It suits the song perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Linkin Park's "A Thousand Suns" isn't THAT bad, all in all. It didn't need to be two tracks, but the intro(s) are pretty damn good.

(Oh lord, I just defended LP...what is wrong with me?!?)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I listened to KMFDM's entire back catalogue this year and loved a lot of it, but one of their most popular albums - Symbols - is one I just could not get on with at all.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I gave Radiohead more then their fair share of listens- and then some. Honestly I think they kind of suck (whole nother thread for that, I suppose). Can’t get into them and find them beyond boring. Even a lot of live YT vids of theirs seems like the crowd is bored.

I DO love Creep however, great tune. And find Pablo Honey is an above average early/mid 90s rock album. I’ll spin it from time to time, and may do so tonight for the first time in awhile. \m/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was into Radiohead from Pablo Honey on and enjoyed watching the progression over all the albums until Amnesiac. The albums after that I have listened to and enjoyed a few songs here and there, but at this moment I couldn't give a shit less to hear any of their music. I don't know what that says about them or myself, but it's what it is.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    I was into Radiohead from Pablo Honey on and enjoyed watching the progression over all the albums until Amnesiac. The albums after that I have listened to and enjoyed a few songs here and there, but at this moment I couldn't give a shit less to hear any of their music. I don't know what that says about them or myself, but it's what it is.
    The King of Limbs killed my fandom for the most part. That album is dreadful but A Moon Shaped Pool was a great follow up.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    That album is dreadful...
    Still can't understand why that album gets so much hate. The amount of vitriol spewed at it when it was released was absurd to me. People acted like Thom Yorke walked into their birthday party and shit on their cake. That album got picked apart and analyzed to death. It was too short for what it was. It was too long for what it was. It was too different. It wasn't different enough. People were out for blood for some reason. Anyway, I still enjoy that album. Some gorgeous stuff on there, and the From The Basement performance is top notch stuff.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Still can't understand why that album gets so much hate. The amount of vitriol spewed at it when it was released was absurd to me. People acted like Thom Yorke walked into their birthday party and shit on their cake. That album got picked apart and analyzed to death. It was too short for what it was. It was too long for what it was. It was too different. It wasn't different enough. People were out for blood for some reason. Anyway, I still enjoy that album. Some gorgeous stuff on there, and the From The Basement performance is top notch stuff.
    As a big fan of In Rainbows I felt it was a pretty stark contrast to release something like that. None of he songs clicked with me and a lot of the material on it is kinda meh to me.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    As a big fan of In Rainbows I felt it was a pretty stark contrast to release something like that.
    It's Radiohead. They zig when people expect them to zag. That's been their thing for a long time now. Also, it came out four years after In Rainbows, so I'm not sure why anyone expected it to be in line with that album. They clearly moved forward from that album, but the fans didn't. I don't expect The King Of Limbs to be everyone's favorite album of theirs (it's not mine), but the overreaction to it from fans is so bizarre to me.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    It's Radiohead. They zig when people expect them to zag. That's been their thing for a long time now. Also, it came out four years after In Rainbows, so I'm not sure why anyone expected it to be in line with that album. They clearly moved forward from that album, but the fans didn't. I don't expect The King Of Limbs to be everyone's favorite album of theirs (it's not mine), but the overreaction to it from fans is so bizarre to me.
    I took one listen to Bloom and was like "what in the fuck is this shit" This fucking ridged ass fuckign dumb beat is like one of the worst piece of shit ive ever heard in my life. The beat sounds like someone falling down the fucking stairs. To me, this doesn't sound "challenging" or "experimental", no, this sound pretentious as fuck. This is one of the worst fucking drum beat i have ever heard in my fucking life. Stiff, clunky, feel shoved right in to the beat, does not compliment anything to the music in the slightest. Honestly, those first 4 songs are kinda ass in my personal opinion. but the last 4, not to bad actually

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Radiohead is a great pop band and if you don't like them you're crazy. They're at LEAST a very interesting mainstream thing, and you have to appreciate that.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    As a massive jazz fan, allow me to perhaps recommend some albums that are perhaps more accessible and contain less trumpet? Jazz is like metal...there are a zillion different kinds within the genre...just find the one you dig.

First, my favorite jazz album.

Then perhaps some Monk who never disappoints:

That's more of a dinner/cocktail album with some covers you may recognize and enjoy. The former has possibly one of my favorite jazz tracks ever.

Or if that's not really the speed of this thread...

FUCK YOU JAZZ RULES.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    My favorite jazz band is Esbjorn Svensson Trio which contains 0% trumpet. Maybe you should try it.
    (Is jazz piano cool with jazz purists?)

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Yeah, there's plenty of jazz that doesn't use trumpets. I'm not a big jazz person myself, but there's a neat little micro-genre that I think a fair number of peeps here could jibe with: dark jazz. Sometimes it's called noir jazz or doom jazz. It started in the early to mid-90s and it's mostly inspired by David Lynch/Twin Peaks/Angelo Badalamenti. Here are a couple of awesome mixes from YouTube:

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Radiohead is a great pop band and if you don't like them you're crazy. They're at LEAST a very interesting mainstream thing, and you have to appreciate that.
    I don’t find them remotely good or interesting, so call me krazy then.

;-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post

I play a game every Christmas to see if I can avoid hearing "Wonderful Christmastime".....but I always fail. This time I was listening to classic rock radio and failed in mid-November haha

Love Paul's music, but fuck him for that one.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Maybe, from a perspective of a mainstream audience.
    They're a good band at best. They never released a perfect album, from start to finish.
    Kid A and In Rainbows are their only good albums, and even those had fillers. Moon Shaped Pool could be the most overrated album ever.
    And their fans are among the most pretentious I've ever met, second only to Tool.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    They never released a perfect album, from start to finish.
    Define what constitutes a perfect album.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Kid A is pretty damn great... I'll slight OK Computer for the cowbell on Electioneering, and I never thought The Tourist was a satisfying closer for it, but whatever I guess. In Rainbows is hard to slight at all.

And you have to look at it through a mainstream lens I guess. Ultimately, they are a band that set out to be popular, and they succeeded, and they're mainstream, and they've done what I would consider to be really interesting stuff in that sphere. It's like The Beatles in that way. Are they a better band than, I dunno, COIL? That's a tough call, it's apples and oranges.