Page 151 of 352 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 201 251 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,530 of 10551

Thread: What Are You Listening to?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    True but still, unsure about most things 'round these parts. Not that I give a shit what anyone thinks, really.
    i've been listening to the 80s pop station that showed up on my amazon prime music app (which, thankfully, you can thumb down/skip as much as you want without consequence) and as of last night, it has finally gotten to a place where it's consistently playing GREAT stuff! two nights ago, for some reason, it tried to play Kiss From A Rose (which came out in 1994...wtf?)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

I don't much like Silverchair, but I love this song and especially this performance.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

love this fucking shit

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Been on a Deep Purple kick.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Been in a black metal mood for the past few days. Great workout music. Mostly Burzum and Emperor, atm.

Oh, and Pure by Gary Numan in the car.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Been on a Deep Purple kick.
    Which line-up do you prefer, Mach II (Ian Gillan, Ritchie Blackmore, Roger Glover, Jon Lord, & Ian Paice) or Mach III (Blackmore, Lord, Paice, Glenn Hughes, & David Coverdale)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Which line-up do you prefer, Mach II (Ian Gillan, Ritchie Blackmore, Roger Glover, Jon Lord, & Ian Paice) or Mach III (Blackmore, Lord, Paice, Glenn Hughes, & David Coverdale)
    Mach II, but Burn is a great album. I also like the original version of the band, with Rod Evans. The post-Blackmore albums with Steve Morse on guitar have been excellent, imho.

How about you? Favorite albums and lineups?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Mach II, but Burn is a great album. I also like the original version of the band, with Rod Evans. The post-Blackmore albums with Steve Morse on guitar have been excellent, imho.

How about you? Favorite albums and lineups?
    I think my favorite album is Machine Head but I really love the Made in Japan live album a lot more. I prefer the Mach III line-up because it feels very fresh to me as I've heard so much from the Mach II line-up. The stuff the band did with Tommy Bolin and later with Steve Morse is amazing. The Mach I line-up is alright but I think the Mach V line-up with Joe Lynn Turner was kinda weak.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

One of my top 5 songs.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Just dropped my Strapping Young Lad white vinyl box to near-mint. Am I sad? No. Absolutely not.

NP: Alien
    Last edited by seasonsinthesky; 02-27-2016 at 09:23 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

I have no idea how people around here feel about her music, but after seeing the documentary Amy this past year it really made me go back and check her work out more (as I'm sure happened for a number of people; other than the typical Rehab, I didn't know a thing she'd done, it just wasn't the right time/moment for me), and goddamn she had some amazing stuff. Unbelievable voice that actually got put to use on amazing music as opposed to getting wasted on something more cookie-cutter or bland. It's hard to listen to it and not wonder what she could've gone on to do later down the line. That title track alone just strikes all the right notes with me.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I think my favorite album is Machine Head but I really love the Made in Japan live album a lot more. I prefer the Mach III line-up because it feels very fresh to me as I've heard so much from the Mach II line-up. The stuff the band did with Tommy Bolin and later with Steve Morse is amazing. The Mach I line-up is alright but I think the Mach V line-up with Joe Lynn Turner was kinda weak.
    Turner is a good singer, but not really a fan. Didn't like him in Rainbow either. Funny that he is now trashing Blackmore for using the name Rainbow without him, when he wasn't their original singer.

On a related note, the Dio-era Rainbow albums are pretty awesome.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I love the albums Dio did with Rainbow as "Stargazer" I think is one of the greatest fucking songs.... ever!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    It's the last day of summer here in Australia, so appropriately enough:

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post

I have no idea how people around here feel about her music, but after seeing the documentary Amy this past year it really made me go back and check her work out more (as I'm sure happened for a number of people; other than the typical Rehab, I didn't know a thing she'd done, it just wasn't the right time/moment for me), and goddamn she had some amazing stuff. Unbelievable voice that actually got put to use on amazing music as opposed to getting wasted on something more cookie-cutter or bland. It's hard to listen to it and not wonder what she could've gone on to do later down the line. That title track alone just strikes all the right notes with me.
    me too. i'm really fond of her music. and the lady singers she admired. and the lady singers in her peer group who admired the same ones she did.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    one of my favorite songs of all time:

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    I've been purposely avoiding Linkin Park's The Hunting Party since its release, but now I randomly decided to listen to it and... holy shit, I actually like it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Happy 8th Birthday, Ghosts! You changed everything for me, and i am grateful

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Almost forgot about Jeff till I found that "You and I" is coming out...good times. http://www.amazon.com/You-And-I-Jeff.../dp/B017KUNVAI

Last edited by renhoelder; 03-03-2016 at 06:56 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

love it

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post

Just dropped my Strapping Young Lad white vinyl box to near-mint. Am I sad? No. Absolutely not.

NP: Alien
    Alien is awesome, I bought it back when it came out based soley off a review from an issue of Revolver where they describe it as "so heavy its like listening to two of the bands previous releases simultaneously".

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

2014 was a slim year musically for me. This still gets spun routinely at my house. Goes so well alongside Like Clockwork.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Local punk band, never heard of them before but a quick Google search told me the vocalist was in Black Flag before Henry Rollins and the pink vinyl looked cool, so I went for it. Pretty good album for $10.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

I will debate anyone who says this is NOT an AMAZING Iron Maiden song. It's definitely in the top 5 to me. It's by far the best Blaze era song and the entire 90's catalog as far as I'm concerned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's just amazing.
    Wintergatan - Marble Machine (music instrument using 2000 marbles)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Massive Attack - Antistar live

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I've listened to this song about 50 times since yesterday:

Side note: If he felt compelled to cover this, I think TR could really annihilate this one.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    23 minutes over brussels.

i guess some dj came up with a "'frankie teardrop' challenge" daring people to listen to it or something? it'll always be unsettling, but come the fuck on.