Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Movies (Spoilers)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    This was just the best troll ever

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Aw, fuck. I thought I'll only have to survive like 2 weeks in december, but it's not even November yet and I already have to be blind. It's really annoying, and I'm not even sure if it's worth it. You can't watch streams, because people will donate spoilers. You can't read comment sections on discussion boards or Youtube, because you'll never know if the top comment will be Han Solo dies or not. You also have to be careful in smaller communities, like some subreddits, because if threads have an average 10-20 replies, it's easy to be a dick without being downvoted into oblivion. Not to mention Facebook and the people who get their kinks going by posting or sharing spoilers.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    It's not as bad as this thread makes it out to be. You guys can rest easy. I got bored and decided to check them out and I still have no idea what the fuck is going on and my mind isn't blown.

It's nothing substantial. I wouldn't be surprised to see much of these details in a trailer

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm not one that thinks spoilers actually spoil things all that much....if I know what's coming, it builds the anticipation up for me.

I recognize that I'm not everybody though, and I won't post spoilers for others.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Well, the whole plot is out there in great detail and it was way before the new trailer. Way before we had a clue about some of the trailer's key scenes. I think that's a very severe leak. Then again, the pictures in question which have been leaked look photoshoped as hell, although they don't give away much indeed or at least nothing that you couldn't have figured out by yourself if you've been reading at least some of the information readily available.

Personally I will step away from any visual material from now on to at least experience some degree of closure when sitting in the cinema in December.

In other news: Kylo Ren prequel is rumored as a live action series, an animated short or even an anthology movie down the line with Driver's involvement. Seeing the Kenobi series is now greenlit, I can picture pretty much anything to this point.

My only real demand for the new movie is more of the Knights of Ren. They were nowhere to bee seen in the trailer, neither described in the leaks... hope we get some proper backstory or at least some action pieces with them. The earliest concept art for the Knights of Ren is one of my favorite things about the new trilogy.
    Last edited by dlb; 10-28-2019 at 05:53 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'm going to (attempt) to go in dry for the last one. No leaks, no theory's, just let the film speak for itself. THEN i can have a look at the theories and see it again to pick up stuff i may have missed like for TFA and LJ.

I will say i agree about the Knights of Ren, i'd love to see something about them!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    They got nothing covered but unsubstantiated rumors. That’s their track record.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    They got nothing covered but unsubstantiated rumors. That’s their track record.
    Good to know.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

A post shared by on

hope the insta tag works. If not, here's a link:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B5DgAzWn...d=rbmvj5xspdva

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quick glimpse of the Sith Troopers and the Knights of Ren (finally) in this new TV spot:

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/...743325184?s=21

After seeing this all I could hear is Jack Nicholson Joker saying

“ ohh we’re in trouble now hehe”

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I'm fairly out of the loop on this subject, but what is among fans considered the best edit for the original trilogy so far?

I heard about various fan-made edits in very high quality that try to remain as faithful to the original movies only embedding the good changes Lucas made later on and giving us the highest quality possible.

Can anyone name a good version of all three original films?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    I heard about various fan-made edits in very high quality that try to remain as faithful to the original movies only embedding the good changes Lucas made later on and giving us the highest quality possible.

Can anyone name a good version of all three original films?
    Original VHS, or as far as fan edits there is the Despecialized Edition.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Thanks, so the Despecialized version is considered to be the best one out there in terms of quality/fan-preference?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I don't know man, maybe others might point elsewhere, but I got this torrent on TPB sometime back and it seems pretty solid to me. If the current rights holders would legitimately put out the original theatrical release on modern physical media, I'd buy it. To my knowledge that hasn't happened, so this is an alternative.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    https://twitter.com/starwars/status/...743325184?s=21

After seeing this all I could hear is Jack Nicholson Joker saying

“ ohh we’re in trouble now hehe”

And the audience loses it

It was a pretty exciting scene up until they made Poe repeat the fucking joke. Is it too big of a wish to not get The Big Bang Theory "BAZINGA XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD" PTSD flashbacks from a Star Wars movie in the middle of a scene where people's lives are in danger? Imagine a LOTR version, where every time Gimli breaks a wise ass remark, Legolas repeats it after him for maximum hilarity - in the middle of a chase no less.

I don't understand how can the same company make Endgame and this.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Come on people, I love Poe. He's the new Han; that's why Leia likes him. And he pets BB-8 as if it was a dog. What's not to love?

Happy beeps everyone, happy beeps! Let's stay positive for a change.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Poe is great, possibly the best character after Kylo and Rey . Finn is great too, though heavily underutilized in TLJ.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I am really glad they're taking Finn more seriously now and not just treating him as a semi-bumbling comic relief type of character. As for Rose, the less of her we see, the better.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    And the audience loses it

It was a pretty exciting scene up until they made Poe repeat the fucking joke. Is it too big of a wish to not get The Big Bang Theory "BAZINGA XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD" PTSD flashbacks from a Star Wars movie in the middle of a scene where people's lives are in danger? Imagine a LOTR version, where every time Gimli breaks a wise ass remark, Legolas repeats it after him for maximum hilarity - in the middle of a chase no less.

I don't understand how can the same company make Endgame and this.
    That’s really my biggest gripe right now with disney properties, aside other flaws. But they really don’t have to force a joke in there to make us laugh every 3 minutes. It only are they not funny jokes, but they really do ruin scenes. ( I will never forgive you for “language”).

Anyways. I’ll watch this and I’ll be done with these new movies. Seeing as mandalorian is really great, I still see a bright future in Star Wars content. But these movies have been really lackluster for me story wise and character wise. The leaks better not be true.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    OMG the score leaked!

https://disneystudiosawards.com/star-wars-score.html

Ok maybe leaked isn't the right word...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    ...and it's gone. I guess someone alerted Disney that they are idiots?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    ...and it's gone. I guess someone alerted Disney that they are idiots?
    Did you get it while it was up? If so, is it good?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I was at work the whole time it was up, it came down about 15 minutes into listening to it. Like, the track just stopped playing and when I refreshed the page it was gone.

I wasn't able to download anything though. I'm sure someone did but I didn't see it on any of the sites I checked.

saw this a few minute ago:

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So with the latest tv spot, they've basically given up even trying to keep Spoiler: Palpatine a secret anymore. The spoiler is cut off in the vid description here, so if you wanna go in FULLY dark, don't watch.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    One of the biggest win of this last trilogy has been the casting of Adam Driver as Kylo Ren. The character was annoyingm tantrums throwing fanboy in TFA to a conflicted, ambivalent man in TLJ and Driver was believable in both movies. I really hope they know what a brilliant actor they have and that they have given him a meaty part where he can shine in this last movie.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    OK i'm going to duck out of this thread (and most internet things) until i see it next week, want to stay as dry spoiler wise as i can (and i know if i see something i won't be able to stop myself spoiling it) Agree about Driver, i have yet to see him in anything that hasn't impressed me!

See you all in a week

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    So with the latest tv spot, they've basically given up even trying to keep Spoiler: Palpatine a secret anymore. The spoiler is cut off in the vid description here, so if you wanna go in FULLY dark, don't watch.

Spoiler: so this brings up the question as to who/what Snoke was again if that's one of the voices he heard. saw a theory that Anakin was the "drawn to the light" in TFA while Vader was Palps, which makes sense because Vader was dead and Anakin was the force ghost.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)