Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Austin City Limits show aired April 5, 2014

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Actually I think I'm wrong about DII. I remember seeing with earrings in at some point somewhere.
    I think he wore small hoops at Woodstock, maybe?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Well, fuck! The hard drive on my DVR picked a hell of a night to fucking break. I had it all set to record last night, and when I pulled it up this morning, I got an error message on my DVR saying that it may have a hard drive issue. No NIN recording, and all of the other shit that was on my DVR was wiped. I checked the TV schedule in Phoenix, and it doesn't appear that this is going to air again any time soon. I was really looking forward to rocking out to this show in surround sound on a nice TV. Now I'll have to just settle for my computer.

God damnit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My fuckface DVR also screwed it up and decided it would just record 23 minutes. And, of course, PBS is rerunning it four times, all in SD. @RITCNIN, be my hero.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Not in HD, but at least it's another clip for those of you who missed it last night.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Better than the girl in the pink tank top who was in a trance or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That was a perfectly executed show, congrats to trent and co. on the great performance. The added sound effects to "While I'm Still Here" really made that song shine and it is my favorite of the set. Also the backup singers were a perfect fit for that environment and add allot of depth to the music. Hopefully the blu ray that's released is on par with this performance.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I want all the footage from the Alessandro cam! How much do I have to donate to PBS to get that!?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    :::chuckles::: We could try taking up a collection. I only have pocket lint and cat hair, though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just remembered the PBS channel I have hidden on Apple TV. I saw one mention of someone watching it there, has anybody else seen it that can comment on the quality?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    The only time the censorship was really intrusive was The Wretched — without the “shit” and “piss” that whole line is unintelligible. It’s easy enough to mentally fill in “fucking” wherever needed (I didn’t even realize there was a second one in All Time Low).

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Am I just stupid or can other people not figure out how to download from dime a dozen as well?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I was really depressed and hungover earlier today so I watched this on my DVR. NIN has always been a good catharsis for me and this show really helped me feel better. Thank you Trent!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    sure I will get blasted for this, but watching this reminds me of how much I hated the backup singers. thank god that era is over forever

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    sure I will get blasted for this, but watching this reminds me of how much I hated the backup singers. thank god that era is over forever
    Did you ever really forget, though?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

"And from the dismal abyss he calls a home, billpulsipher rears his head and sees a spectrum of positive energy shooting out from Echoing The Sound. He slinks forward, bound and determined to spray his rancid piss all over everything."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    Thanks, but MPEG? Why not MKV?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    Thanks, but MPEG? Why not MKV?
    Per Dime's wiki: No torrent may contain losslessly compressed but platform-dependent filetypes like .MKW

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Per Dime's wiki: No torrent may contain losslessly compressed but platform-dependent filetypes like .MKW
    MKW!=MKV. MKV is platform independent. It looks like the user just uploaded what EyeTV recorded without doing any encapsulation or editing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm just watching now. It is a fine performance, and the audio mix is fantastic. It is a bit strange to see them on such a brightly lit stage, but it's also nice to have a record of a show that depends 100% on the performance with no lights or screens to distract. The camera work is great, too, with no pointless quick cutting and giving each member some screen time at an appropriate moment. And, it was nice to see some of what Alessandro is up to in his station. It's still a mystery to me, and I don't even know what some of those machines are, but I really enjoyed seeing how he was making some of those sounds.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeazor View Post
    Just remembered the PBS channel I have hidden on Apple TV. I saw one mention of someone watching it there, has anybody else seen it that can comment on the quality?
    Audio and video are both superb on the Apple TV. My first watch I tried airplaying the PBS online video to the Apple TV before I remembered that there was actually a PBS channel -- the difference in quality between the two were VAST. Definitely unhide the channel and watch it. If there is a way to *cough* steal the version they use there, I think it'd by far be the best copy available.

*gasps*

In all seriousness, I really was gonna write that this performance/video would HAVE to shut down any backup vocalist hate before I saw bullpulsipher's post. I should've known. If the vocalists sucked on every single song but performed the Tension version of The Wretched perfectly, it would still be worth it. I can't even comprehend anyone not loving what they add to that song.
    Last edited by howdidislipinto; 04-06-2014 at 06:12 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Thanks to ninjaw! I've got it, watching it, and will seed it for quite a while.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Reading this reminds me of how much I loved it when you didn't post here. Dear God let that time come back.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I'm watching it now and some of the audience members just look goofy flailing around. And if you were there, I'm sure it wasn't you dancing around doing the Carlton.
    Anyways, this is fucking fantastic. Best live version of Copy of A (Ilan on drums!).

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    I'm watching it now and some of the audience members just look goofy flailing around. And if you were there, I'm sure it wasn't you dancing around doing the Carlton.
    Anyways, this is fucking fantastic. Best live version of Copy of A (Ilan on drums!).
    I think Trent slightly buggered up the word "
    [listening] to someone's cry for help".

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I didn't catch it. Will have to watch it again.
    The Wretched proves that NIN should have permanent back up singers.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    He flubs that line a lot

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Finally sitting down to watch it now. Almost done with Came Back Haunted, so far this performance is pretty goddamn good. So tight musically, Trent's vocals are right on. The unabridged performance with a lossless audio track HAS to find its way onto disc somehow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    Is it hosted in any other place less restricted? can't register :/