Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Health

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    As fun as their last decade of stuff has been, I do kind of miss the noisy experimental days of early HEALTH before they just decided to go full on "industrial."

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    So many good tracks, and visuals too, on this thing. I'm glad NIN did their collab with them otherwise I'd have never heard of them most likely. It's been one of my favorite artist discoveries in a long time. What's really crazy to me is how half of these collabs are with artists I really wouldn't like but their production gives the whole thing a cohesive vibe. It's like they have found the exact perfect sweet spot with all the genres of music I like.

Fun fact: HEALTH's song USA BOYS from 2010 was recorded at TR's house.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Got tickets to see these guys in Toronto in September... super excited. Extra bonus: the Porcupine Tree show I have tickets for is the day after. I haven't seen a show there since late 2019 (thanks, Covid), but it's a great city and I'm looking forward to visiting again.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    John played a demo for their next record on the livestream yesterday, icymi:

DISCORD VOTE WEDNESDAY - Twitch

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Damn, it was muted. Anyone have another link to the demo?

I watched some of the Max Payne 3 stream but didn't catch that since it was many hours.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    https://youwillloveeachother.bandcamp.com/album/rat-wars

The follow-up to 2019’s VOL. 4 :: SLAVES OF FEAR, HEALTH’s fifth album is the most violent yet vulnerable of their career. It is somehow fitting that such a brutal collection of songs is at the same time their most comprehensive artistic statement.

Meticulously aggressive production detail collides with painfully personal confessions and a strange savage grace is paired with icy gallows humor… surprisingly it’s still fun as hell.

Produced by Stint (Oliver Tree, Demi Lovato) and mixed by Lars Stalfors (SALEM, The Neighbourhood), the 12-track LP joins the lineage of groundbreaking heavy acts like Nine Inch Nails and Ministry, which re-drew the borders between metal, electronic and pop music. It also speaks directly to the band’s young, fervent online subculture.

It’s The Downward Spiral for people with at least two monitors and a vitamin D deficiency.”
    Edit: Brooklyn Vegan is selling a variant that includes an NFC card that will "unlock future content." https://shop.brooklynvegan.com/produ...le-clear-vinyl
    Last edited by cdm; 10-05-2023 at 12:14 PM.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    they also released a bunch of videos on their youtube. and goddamn, they just don't miss do they?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    https://youwillloveeachother.bandcamp.com/album/rat-wars

Edit: Brooklyn Vegan is selling a variant that includes an NFC card that will "unlock future content." https://shop.brooklynvegan.com/produ...le-clear-vinyl
    The crying on r/nin because of this description reminded me why I left Reddit, mfs don't know how to spot irony at all.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    they also released a bunch of videos on their youtube. and goddamn, they just don't miss do they?

They can miss if this bland shite is how they reveal their new album. Weak song.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    @versusreality HEALTH x Godflesh is the collab I never knew I needed.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Underneath View Post
    They can miss if this bland shite is how they reveal their new album. Weak song.
    Oh. Okay.

To each their own, chum.

Quote Originally Posted by firewlker View Post
    The crying on r/nin because of this description reminded me why I left Reddit, mfs don't know how to spot irony at all.
    I didn't even notice the description so thankyou for this post. It was indeed hilarious. Best album description I've ever read.

" It’s The Downward Spiral for people with at least two monitors and a vitamin D deficiency."

Damn. I DO own two monitors. But I supplement my vitamin D so fuck off!
    Last edited by burnmotherfucker!; 10-08-2023 at 01:03 AM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Oh shit, they announced a tour and I'm finally gonna be able to see them again since I caught them at Pitchfork back in 2011.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Gonna miss the NYC area date. Sucks b/c the new songs are great.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Love the new song - Ashamed (of Being Born). One of their best IMO.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    New Track

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Just noticed today that John sent the full album out to Health+ members recently.

This fucking thing S L A P S. I truly love how each Health album they get closer and closer to being a metal band. Crack Music and DSM-V are my two favorite tracks so far.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Just noticed today that John sent the full album out to Health+ members recently.

This fucking thing S L A P S. I truly love how each Health album they get closer and closer to being a metal band. Crack Music and DSM-V are my two favorite tracks so far.
    Yeah they pretty much became one of my favorite bands ever. That's awesome you got the album early, I can't wait to hear it.

Also, just yesterday I realized that they are on the same label as Chelsea Wolfe, Loma Vista? If that's the case, there's a collab I need to see happen. They already crushed their Poppy collab.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Very possible it could happen. I believe John previously said that collaborating with artists was infinitely easier than trying to get people to remix shit and seemed to hint that they may do the same for Disco5.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    @richardp

Well, their styles seem to overlap so would be dope.

Also, any tips on getting the album early? I'm on the patreon now haha

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I think you had to have been a part of the Listening Party event they had to get it sent to you

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    *DJ Khaled voice* another one

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Mini doc

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    As fun as their last decade of stuff has been, I do kind of miss the noisy experimental days of early HEALTH before they just decided to go full on "industrial."
    Going back to this thought. I'm 11 tracks in with the new album, and it's been hard to tell each song apart. lol

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Crack Metal sounds like a Broken B-side track. First listen in, sounds good and a very polished output by Health. In terms of their songs sounding alike, I think a lot of their albums/songs have had this trait.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Wow, this new Health album is incredible. Absolutely loving it. They've thankfully moved past noise rock entirely and fully embraced industrial. So damn good.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rat Wars is great! Feels more organic to me than the last two. I need more listens, but so far I thought it's diverse enough.

Just seen them live. Jake sounded really good and Beej's drumming hits way harder in concert. Now awaiting Sleep Token's set! 8)

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    You've been to the show in Hamburg? Sadly had to miss out on Tuesday as I was more into Crime & the City Solution. But yes, Rat Wars is great! Really digging the record as we speak and I guess I'll give it a few more spins this weekend. But I gotta agree, it's more down my alley as well compared to the previous two records. A little more experimentation wouldn't have hurt them, but this flows nicely!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Spun this on the train last night and really enjoyed it. Gotta give it a few more listens but this is going in the rotation, for sure.