PDA

View Full Version : Kingdoms of Amalur and the Failure that is 38 Studios

Space Suicide
05-25-2012, 09:59 PM
Anyone heard of this fiasco? Well yesterday all 400 employees were laid off and now the studio is no more...how sad. Idiot spending of government funded loans. Not a smart idea Curt!

This game dropped in February and I knocked it every possible minute I could. I always stated how much that it's such a generic, mediocre piece of garbage RPG that has no redeeming values other than its' combat....BIG DEAL. The game lacked, was boring and had zero originality. Sorry big names like R.A. Salvatore and Todd McFarlane won't save you either. The demo sucked. Videos of the story and overall gameplay make it a muddled thing for me but guess what...

I bought it for a laugh used from Amazon with the online pass included for beans as I had a gift card to spend. I'll give it a whirl. I'm sure I'll enjoy it somewhat...even for laughs from playing it's generic tripe.

Anyone bought it/play it? What does everyone think of the entire ordeal?

Iran_Ed
05-26-2012, 09:57 AM
Things like this and the whole Infinity Ward fiasco remind me that video games are a cut throat industry. While this is much different than what happen at Infinity Ward, its business. Curt had been talking about doing this for a long time, shame to see it end like this.