PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 3

Pages : [1] 2

Amaro
11-25-2011, 02:03 AM
Y...eah!

I only wish I had more time to play it these days.

darktemplar007
11-25-2011, 04:35 PM
I play this on 360 all the time. I wish I had a PC capable of running it, but the 360 one is fantastic (except on the larger maps sometimes). If any of you play it, hit me up, I need to find people to play with, randoming sucks a lot sometimes.

MAD
11-30-2011, 04:51 PM
Given the job I had, I played Battlefield quite a lot. I love the game and it may be one of the best games of the year. Then again, I'm very biased because I'm a fan of the series. Frostbite 2 is a great engine. Sadly this isn't a game to play on consoles but on PC with all the graphics turned up to eleven.

I like the campaign, it's great how they managed to introduce all the cool features and showcase the new engine but the essential part is the multiplayer.

sentient02970
12-01-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm officially addicted to this despite my horrendous skill (K/D 0.52).

Piko
12-01-2011, 02:47 PM
My k/d is a joke. On launch, I was doing pretty decent. Took a break for MW3 and Skyrim, went back to it a couple days ago and completely sucked up the joint. I'm on 360. My gamertag's Joo Machina 0. Add and message me whenever you want to play.

Conan The Barbarian
12-01-2011, 04:48 PM
I finally picked this up on black friday. I really should have picked it up launch date because everyone's goodies is kicking my ass. still fun though. the pc looks amazing, i envy the pc gamers.

fixate
12-02-2011, 09:15 AM
That. Damn. Flashlight.

Conan The Barbarian
12-02-2011, 09:21 AM
its being worked on for the next title update. it wont be as extreme as it is now.

fixate
12-02-2011, 09:28 AM
its being worked on for the next title update. it wont be as extreme as it is now.

Yea I've heard. Can't wait.

Amaro
12-02-2011, 09:31 AM
It's seriously annoying. I don't ever put that or the laser on...don't dare wish that upon my enemies (well, I just prefer other specs), let alone my teammates. (There should be a feature so to prevent blinding a friendly.)

PooPooMeowChow
12-02-2011, 11:10 AM
This game is fun as fuck, but it's far from a BF2 sequel. More like BFBC 3.5

blassster
12-02-2011, 03:26 PM
This game is awesome. Way better than BFBC2, IMHO. Playing on PC, the latest patch adds a nice performance boost. Here's my profile on battlelog (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/blassster/) if anyone is looking for more adds. I find it's an even better game when joining servers as a party.

Piko
12-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Just wish I could get better...

MAD
12-02-2011, 05:44 PM
It sucks that I have the limited edition on my shelf, looking pretty. I have it installed on my PC but since I have a low to medspec PC (for BF3) I can't really play it in MP. The campaign is okay though.

I recently bought BF:BC2 just to play the multiplayer before I upgrade (read that, buy a new one cause I can no longer upgrade this one).

Apolitik
12-04-2011, 06:47 PM
Campaign on the console was one of the most fun experiences I've had all year. The MP experience, however, sucks.

Clownboat
12-04-2011, 06:58 PM
Weirdo. Battlefield 3 (and BC2, actually) is one of the most engrossing online FPS experiences I've had since Starsiege TRIBES.

Space Suicide
12-04-2011, 07:21 PM
Campaign on the console was one of the most fun experiences I've had all year. The MP experience, however, sucks.

Yeah, I rarely play it.

blassster
12-04-2011, 07:30 PM

Well, for console they cut down the map sizes and maximum amount of players. I wonder if this is enough to turn it shitty. I'm the opposite, on PC I have only played MP (incl coop) and I LOVE this game! Heard single player was short, but normally people don't play this type of game for that experience anyway.

virushopper
12-05-2011, 01:56 PM
I have been wasting weekends on this and I still can't fly the Jet properly!

Piko
12-05-2011, 02:08 PM
I avoid the air vehicles. Fail every time. My game has seriously gone downhill lately. It's really bad.

sentient02970
12-05-2011, 07:04 PM
I have been wasting weekends on this and I still can't fly the Jet properly!
I've improved (slightly) on jets. However, the helicopters are a totally different story. What drives me nuts is how the controls do not "self-center". It feels like you have to continue to correct after making any control input, the pitch is the best (and most dangerous) of these. The second I touch that right analog stick things go awry. I'd like to get better as in good, skilled hands these are superb weapons and team support to take down armor and camp objectives.

Chris_CDN
12-05-2011, 07:50 PM

Strange, my experience has been the opposite. I play with a few guys from work in MP so that probably makes it a little more appealing. I found the SP too linear.

virushopper
12-06-2011, 08:23 PM
I've improved (slightly) on jets. However, the helicopters are a totally different story. What drives me nuts is how the controls do not "self-center". It feels like you have to continue to correct after making any control input, the pitch is the best (and most dangerous) of these. The second I touch that right analog stick things go awry. I'd like to get better as in good, skilled hands these are superb weapons and team support to take down armor and camp objectives.
Oh yeah the choppers are a totally different story. Every time I get on it I simply crash by accident because I tap the wrong direction. Yeah I agree having the choppers in the team does help greatly. Especially in Operation Firestorm.

Clownboat
12-07-2011, 10:51 AM
I really recommend inverting the controls for the air vehicles, so that up on the stick is actually up, etc. It made my experience far easier.

I love this game to pieces. I play with a group of anywhere from three to nine friends, and we'll go into a room and set up shop. It turned Operation Métro from one of my least favorite maps to one of the most fun I could ever play. Playing this game alone can be fun, but playing this game with friends is second to fucking none.

sentient02970
12-07-2011, 12:23 PM
On Xbox, I inverted the jets only since back on any flight control lifts the nose (making you go up). But on the chopper, inverted doesn't seem intuitive to me ("up" pushes nose down to help go forward by default). But vertical up and down are right left triggers. I'd love it if BF3 offered a private non-boostable map to play with these without team killing passengers on live maps. Maybe I'm a minority of heli-challenged, but I'd eat that practice time up until I get better.

Clownboat
12-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Now this is how to take down a jet.

http://youtu.be/FOaGhE_sejI

Piko
12-09-2011, 05:34 PM
Holy shit, that is gangsta!

dolemite
12-10-2011, 07:03 PM
I've got this on PC and Xbox. I enjoy the multiplayer much more than Call of Duty's multiplayer. However, I still have not figured out how to properly fly vehicles on Xbox 360.

I haven't even played the campaign yet. But the multiplayer is great.

Piko
12-13-2011, 02:27 PM
Anyone play the karkand maps yet? Probably going to get them later on. But hopefully they fixed the flashlight. So cheap.

blassster
12-16-2011, 12:23 AM
Anyone play the karkand maps yet? Probably going to get them later on. But hopefully they fixed the flashlight. So cheap.

Map pack is excellent. I haven't played Battlefield 2, so they were all new to me (except Wake Island, as it was also in BF1942) before the update. Here is an overview of the maps (http://bf3blog.com/2011/12/back-to-karkand-map-overviews/) for those who are unfamiliar with them.

Chris_CDN
01-07-2012, 05:20 PM
I still can't get enough of the multiplayer in this game. It's so nice to see a points system that rewards teamwork and supporting roles. I finally unlocked the SOFLAM seat on the tanks and have been putting it to good use with some friends online.

Amaro
01-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Back to playing this. Returning to being somewhat of a badass.

I'll be honest though, for some reason I kinda love-hate the game at the moment. I think it's 'cause I just can't help but remember my feelings for Bad Compay 2 (even BC2NAM); I love(d) it so freaking farking much. I like the exhilarating feeling in multiplayer but the damage you can take is still throwing me a curveball. Likewise getting into the thick groove of taking down enemies like it's effortless every time. The physics are DIFFERENT.

Anybody play this on PS3 who wants another friend? Let me know. I can be a passive co-op buddy too, if you need it.

sentient02970
02-03-2012, 09:46 AM
Even though I do love playing this game I'm very much enjoying some of the superb objective gameplay getting featured on YouTube lately. This guy always puts up nail biting matches like this 26 minute Rush (Attack) gem:
http://youtu.be/gcFRRg3BMUg

PooPooMeowChow
02-08-2012, 10:35 AM
Wish I didn't trade in BFBC2 for this. I'd still be playing it.

So.Much.Wrong.With.This.Game

Space Suicide
02-08-2012, 11:34 AM
I like this game, have played it, still own it, pre-ordered it and the whole she-bang but I still don't see the hype surrounding it or the ultimate critical acclaim. It's nothing mind blowing as stated and perceived to be. I haven't touched it since I got mostly through the campaign, still haven't played it since then as I got pissed due to that glitched Like A Butterfly achievement. Multiplayer to me isn't that engaging due to lack of friends but even then I had marginally fun for a bit and then got...bored.

Amaro
02-08-2012, 02:32 PM
It's true there's a bit wrong/off with this game, but I guess I've stuck with it long enough to figure out ways around the errors. At least the PS3 chat has been fixed. Only a few months overdue.

If you're having problems with landing shots/concluding a kill (due to recoil issues and/or what seems to be bad hit detection), tip: F2000, iron sights, foregrip. This gun setup is a beast that you can control. You may still have to control remaining recoil to an extent, but I feel it to be predictable and reliable once you get it.

AIM HIGH (for standing targets), ALWAYS. Name of the game.

sa_nick
02-08-2012, 06:31 PM
Wish I didn't trade in BFBC2 for this. I'd still be playing it.

So.Much.Wrong.With.This.Game

BF3 is really the first FPS that I've actually dedicated time to since Soldier of Fortune 2 almost 10 years ago so I know crap all about the genre. What's wrong with the game?

I've had quite a bit of fun with it, starting off crap and slowly building up skills. I think I began with 120 points per minute and a 0.5 KDR. Now I'm average a 2.5 KDR and getting around 450 points per minute plus bringing in them mvp ribbons.

PooPooMeowChow
02-09-2012, 03:09 AM
I wrote like a page of stuff, but this new forum shit fucked up. I try again in the morning.

Amaro
02-09-2012, 03:57 PM
Let me start out by talking about one thing being absolutely wrong with this game, and that is the information sent from the bullets to the person being shot at.

In normal mode, from the perspective of the shooter, it is clear he has to lay into the body of his target (100% health) about 6-7 shots to make the kill. From the perspective of the victim, he gets 1-4 (4 if you're lucky) pretty fast you've-been-hit indications (red signals), before dropping dead.

It's bullshit. And it feels borderline like a hardcore match from Bad Company 2.

On that note, conduct the test yourself by seeing if there's a very clear difference in being able to survive in hardcore vs. normal mode in this game. Not much at all, is there?

I wasn't on board with Battlefield 2 so I don't know if that's the true feeling of a Battlefield game or whatever, but I feel like in Bad Company 2 it felt more accurate within this department of "information" through the bullets.

Oh, and apparently my soldier has some serious love handles that get exposed when I think I've made the clear around a corner or what have you, because a final bullet hits and kills me, even though I'm looking at a new room, or I clearly went to prone behind a barricade. On top of that, when your death screen appears, you're no longer where you thought you were--but a few steps in the past tense. Apply that to falling/jumping from an altitude while being shot at and it doesn't really feel natural once you get killed. You sort of get snatched back up a little bit before another fall takes place after seeing your death screen. Very much bullshit.

This visual misinformation also occurred in Bad Company 2, if I remember correctly, but I don't recall it being this bad. Paired up with the misinformation in the damage, it can be really annoying in this game.

PooPooMeowChow
02-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Yeah there's a mad amount of input lagg. It's the major issue on xbox right now. It's insane.

Amaro
02-09-2012, 04:17 PM
http://mp1st.com/2012/02/06/battlefield-3-dice-still-working-on-ps3-input-lag-new-patch-details/

And dude, why would you get rid of Bad Company 2? Freaking classic.

sentient02970
02-10-2012, 12:19 PM
Oh, and apparently my soldier has some serious love handles that get exposed when I think I've made the clear around a corner or what have you, because a final bullet hits and kills me, even though I'm looking at a new room, or I clearly went to prone behind a barricade. On top of that, when your death screen appears, you're no longer where you thought you were--but a few steps in the past tense. Apply that to falling/jumping from an altitude while being shot at and it doesn't really feel natural once you get killed. You sort of get snatched back up a little bit before another fall takes place after seeing your death screen. Very much bullshit.

This visual misinformation also occurred in Bad Company 2, if I remember correctly, but I don't recall it being this bad. Paired up with the misinformation in the damage, it can be really annoying in this game.

This has been driving me nuts lately. I think a lot of it is animation lag. The software has to spend SO MUCH time and effort to tell you you're dead that I think it jumps ahead to do so at times. I can say the same for many weapon switches and reloads under fire. It's irritating but I think it might just be something I'll have to adapt to..or already am.

PooPooMeowChow
02-10-2012, 01:27 PM
The counter to that is to slow down or just camp. Think that's why we see so much camping right now?
Same with the jumping animations, I don't mind vaulting over a rock wall, but over piles of rubble on the ground?? I've lost count of how many people have come vaulting through a door way, that's level with the ground. The animation lag messing with the hit detection, I get killed, he still has 100%, RAGE.
AND while you're vaulting things you shouldn't be, your soldier can't lift his foot more than an inch off the ground. So you're constantly being stopped by rocks in the ground, boxes and street curbs!1 fucking street curbs!!!

EDIT: I seriously just had some one spawn directly behind me and a squad member as we were watching the only door in.....

Amaro
02-10-2012, 08:53 PM
Yeah there's a mad amount of input lagg. It's the major issue on xbox right now. It's insane.

A part of me thinks that even when any input lag issue is fixed, what I speak of will remain. I believe it's a separate game flaw.

Some other random thing I notice...probably also not gonna be fixed...empty all your bullets in a handgun, the 1911, for example, and tap the fire button as fast as you can physically. Notice how it actuallu responds to each fire, as opposed to how slow it gets shot when the gun is loaded, yet you're trying to fire at the same high speed. You can't. Just bullshit.

I also despise how I can't do anything (like go to the start menu) once the kill cam has appeared, only bring up the scoreboard. Bullshit annoyance, albeit small.

I will continue the list of bullshit as I scoop it.

MAD
02-11-2012, 06:46 AM
SYNDICATE DOG TAG!
https://p.twimg.com/AlQKFCmCQAAom6e.png

PooPooMeowChow
02-12-2012, 08:18 AM
I also despise how I can't do anything (like go to the start menu) once the kill cam has appeared, only bring up the scoreboard. Bullshit annoyance, albeit small.

Yeah I hate this too, same with the end game screen. Right now its faster to go to Xbox Dash Board and restart the game than waiting for a new round on a map I probably hate. Probably because there's no "next map" on the game results screen.

I think waiting for Kill cam is on the list to be fixed, It's at least an easy fix.

Space Suicide
02-13-2012, 08:11 PM
The mechanics for flying a helicopter on this game are fucked. I'll never beat that 2nd co-op mission. Two goddamn hard. I can't fly it and everyone else I play with seems to crash it as well. I've tried my hand at it in multiplayer but it's retarded as fuck.

kdrcraig
02-14-2012, 08:27 AM
I was getting some insane screen tearing during one of the later missions of the campaign last night, don't think I've ever had screen tearing on any other PS3 game.

sentient02970
02-14-2012, 09:45 AM
The mechanics for flying a helicopter on this game are fucked. I'll never beat that 2nd co-op mission. Two goddamn hard. I can't fly it and everyone else I play with seems to crash it as well. I've tried my hand at it in multiplayer but it's retarded as fuck.
The chopper is such a pain to master, I also have yet to last more than a minute or two in one. My itch with it tends to be the fact that all of the directional controls do NOT self-center. So anytime you bank to either side the chopper will continue doing that until you correct the other direction to pull it back to center. With about 6 or more control variables like that, it's a real mess to figure out while everyone is shooting at you.

Chris_CDN
02-14-2012, 01:22 PM
With about 6 or more control variables like that, it's a real mess to figure out while everyone is shooting at you.

Run the co-op mission with the helo in it. If you're on XBL send me a PM and I can help you out.

Amaro
02-14-2012, 02:36 PM
Space Suicide...I'm gonna re add you on PSN...help you with that co-op mission.

Space Suicide
02-14-2012, 05:17 PM
Space Suicide...I'm gonna re add you on PSN...help you with that co-op mission.

I got it on Xbox, mate. I'd so take you up on that offer.

Amaro
02-14-2012, 05:48 PM
Psha!!!!!
MOTHER FUCKER XBOX

Space Suicide
02-15-2012, 08:41 AM
Psha!!!!!
MOTHER FUCKER XBOX

I have a PS3, I tend to play my Xbox more. I tend to just buy PS3 exclusive titles on my PS3, multi-brand games on Xbox. Don't know why.

sa_nick
02-16-2012, 09:18 AM
My understanding of the whole 'dying after you run around the corner' thing is that the hit detection is client based, not server based. Sure it's annoying and I die like that sometimes, but I probably kill a lot of people like that as well.

Some other random thing I notice...probably also not gonna be fixed...empty all your bullets in a handgun, the 1911, for example, and tap the fire button as fast as you can physically. Notice how it actuallu responds to each fire, as opposed to how slow it gets shot when the gun is loaded, yet you're trying to fire at the same high speed. You can't. Just bullshit.

Wouldn't that just be because the in game gun is restricted to the same fire rate as a real gun would be?

Amaro
02-16-2012, 06:24 PM
I'm basically saying you should be able to shoot that gun faster in the game. It's like twice as fast when you're "shooting" it unloaded...not cool.

Space Suicide
02-16-2012, 07:31 PM
I've been playing this a lot more recently. Been having more fun with it than I originally used to. I had an impressive Conquest match this morning on Operation Metro. probably one of the best BF3 games I've played. Rousing fun and quite a domination on my team's part. I look like a noob though being only Rank 10. Sad thing is I have owned this game since release day.

I finally stopped being a procrastinator and finished the campaign this morning as well.

Amaro
02-16-2012, 09:32 PM
Conquest in Operation Metro is the place to be. This game needs more indoor maps like that.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
02-16-2012, 09:49 PM
I have been trying to get into this game for over 2 months now, and I just cannot do it. And another aspect I am not getting is why it is so "great"? I just don't see it. Yes the Frostbite 2 engine is pretty dam cool, but these games just seem like mediocre COD with some cool things thrown into the bunch.

I LOVE that there are an arsenal of vehicles that you can choose from. What I do not get is why they feel the need to make it almost impossible to handle the fucking air crafts? I know there is a more realistic approach here, but come.on. Make the controls a bit smoother so everyone can at least enjoy flying them and shooting down a couple of enemies, instead of wasting half of your time trying to fly the thing. The knife system is sluggish as shit, along with shooting some regular Assault Rifles. For long range shots, I have to pretty much shoot as if I have a semi-automatic gun because the gun will just jump all over the screen. It is so frustrating. I have officially given up on FPS. There is nothing to really get excited over anymore. Once you try the new things they bring to the table, it's kind of like "Ok, that's cool...but is that it?". Bored.

I have given up on FPS for the time being. After wasting countless hours on COD and BF this time around, I felt I got bored VERY quickly. Unless the developers come up with something a lot more innovative to the table, I don't see the reason to have any excitement for the next installments. They need to bring something more than just wanting to level up and get killstreaks.

What I like about BF3:

1. Deeper role playing and individual classes.

2. You can actually drive the dam vehicles.

3. Spawn on a teammate.

4. Actually takes skill to shoot a Sniper Rifle.

5. Destructive Environments.

5. Bigger Maps. (Need more like Metro!)

What I do not like:

Sluggish controls all around. To shooting your gun, to moving back and fourth, especially vehicles. Even when you try to knife somebody.. it's almost laughable. An improvement from BF2, but still missing something there.

Rewards for kills are not present.

Campaign was incredibly short.

I am sure the more I play this, the more I will find that I do not like and like. But a 2 month, on and off impression of this game is just blah. There is nothing here to keep me interested for a full year like past titles had me. Imagine if COD had vehicles you didn't need a killstreak for? Or destructive environments? Man that would be the shit.

MAD
02-17-2012, 04:00 AM
Sorry to say this.. but Self.Destructive.Pattern you need to practice!
This is like comparing Need For Speed Underground series with Shift series. One is arcade, the other is a simulator.

You can customize the way vehicle react from options. You can drive the vehicles (I'm a heli maniac), but you just need to wire your neurons.

It's pretty normal to not like BF3 that fast after you played COD so much, where mindless arcade killing is the way to play.

BTW, I played both.

Amaro
02-17-2012, 10:41 AM
Self.Destructive...

Try the F2000 with foregrip...iron sights for starters...see if you can get more kills using that. Keep at it, too. I know the recoil struggles from various weapons you speak of...well, not only does this primary not have much recoil--it shoots hella fast and races the head-on match to his death instead of yours. Burst it and spray it...depending on your distance.

A big, BIG part of this game is running the right route. Executing it fast as well as the foe you approach. Or if you're hanging back, be equipped with a noob tube or rocket launcher. It betters your chances for obvious reasons.

I myself have been really discouraged at more than one point with this game. I've learned most of my lessons by now but it took me frustratingly long. I'd find moments where I had the drop on a guy and I'd fuck up because of the feeling of aiming close up (not necessary after you master hip fire) in combination with the strange damage levels. I would get killed because I didn't lay into my target enough or fast enough and so I'd get killed when he turned on me. Pistol killing, too, my god. You've GOTTA have your sensitivity up at least right under halfway to be able to not lose him out of your sights. Targets move fast in this game!

AIM FUCKING HIGH. NO BUTS.

I actually like the knife in this game. It is more consistent at least than BC2. Even though it's not as fast. I dropped on a guy from off a cliff side yesterday, after seeing him on the mini map down below, and went for a knife perfectly on first strike just as I landed right behind him (as he was running). Not bad! It's all in your timing.

Self.Destructive... Playing this on PS3 or 360?

My understanding of the whole 'dying after you run around the corner' thing is that the hit detection is client based, not server based. Sure it's annoying and I die like that sometimes, but I probably kill a lot of people like that as well.

I know what you're talking about but I don't know if I buy it.

PooPooMeowChow
02-17-2012, 03:49 PM
Op Metro is the cancer killing battlefield. Maps like that need to die in fire.

Amaro
02-17-2012, 04:40 PM
It's at least a map with inescapable dynamic. I know it can be harsh for a team getting raped in the anus but it can be fun...and definitely not a map anyone can call boring.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
02-18-2012, 12:50 AM
Self.Destructive...

Try the F2000 with foregrip...iron sights for starters...see if you can get more kills using that. Keep at it, too. I know the recoil struggles from various weapons you speak of...well, not only does this primary not have much recoil--it shoots hella fast and races the head-on match to his death instead of yours. Burst it and spray it...depending on your distance.

I'll have to try that out. I haven't really messed with the F2000 much, but I will definitely give it a try. I am always worrying too much about my accuracy from playing COD all the time so I really need to get used to being a little more free with my shooting. Sometimes I am shooting at someone, and I just shake my head when I hit them a bunch of times but cannot finish the job! The recoil on some of the guns is just nuts. You're right about the routing system. It is much different and a bit slower than COD, so sometimes I get a bit impatient when you should be more patient :) The pistol I actually learned my lesson on already by shooting like a complete moron and dying every time.

I actually like the knife in this game. It is more consistent at least than BC2. Even though it's not as fast. I dropped on a guy from off a cliff side yesterday, after seeing him on the mini map down below, and went for a knife perfectly on first strike just as I landed right behind him (as he was running). Not bad! It's all in your timing.

Ha. That is pretty dam cool. Yea I noticed the timing is key because you can be trying to sneak up on a guy, and he will turn around at the last minute and you miss him and then he just kills you. I do however love how they have different ways of taking an enemy down when you do knife them. Pretty nifty instead of just swiping at them. I play the PS3 btw.

Amaro
02-18-2012, 03:43 AM
Add me @ "Dubalubb" on PSN. We'll play.

Chris_CDN
02-18-2012, 01:02 PM
A well done video with some great knife kills. Pixel Enemy on youtube has a lot of good content.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LenqYFkxjo&feature=relmfu

PooPooMeowChow
02-19-2012, 09:43 PM
It's at least a map with inescapable dynamic. I know it can be harsh for a team getting raped in the anus but it can be fun...and definitely not a map anyone can call boring.

That's exactly why it's crap, you just run straight into the meat grinder, die, run in again. Sure you can camp at the top of the stairs or in the corridor but that's not what battlefield is about. It wouldn't be such a big deal if it was one map but there's also Damavand Peak, Grand Bazaar, and Seine Crossing. What we need are more maps like Caspian Border, Kharg Island, and Op Firestorm.

BC1 had the best conquest maps for console. BC2 was the start of the bottle necks/ choke points. BF3 is just ridiculous.

dolemite
02-20-2012, 08:37 PM
I love this game. My only real complaint is that some players don't "spot" the enemy team using the "back" button (on 360) and sometimes your teammates get carried away using the air-vehicles instead of going after objectives.

Operation Metro is a great map that is a good change of pace from the others. My teams almost always get to the third conquest point, and sometimes gain control of all three points on that map. I like that there is a constant barrage of bullets flying, which really changes the strategy. If you don't work as a team, it is possible to get stuck in a place and not able to move forward, but luckily, I'm usually on a team with people who know what they are doing. Reviving each other and using ammo and health dumps are very helpful in being successful on this map.

I especially like that the more I play BF3, the more it differentiates itself from Call of Duty. I BF3 is sooooo much more fun and takes a lot more practice and skill to learn what you are doing. The more that I play, the more that I steadily improve.

If I had to come up with a second complaint, it would be that beginners have a somewhat difficult time competing with people who have all the weapon unlocks. Those unlocks can really make a difference in how well you can aim and kill other players, so new players sort of get the shaft and have to tough it out until they get a few unlocks. Still, though, I used that newb time to learn the maps and figure out what I was doing from a player perspective because kills aren't the main goal, getting the objective is.

PooPooMeowChow
02-21-2012, 11:28 AM
My teams almost always get to the third conquest point, and sometimes gain control of all three points on that map. I like that there is a constant barrage of bullets flying, which really changes the strategy. If you don't work as a team, it is possible to get stuck in a place and not able to move forward, but luckily, I'm usually on a team with people who know what they are doing. Reviving each other and using ammo and health dumps are very helpful in being successful on this map.

Yeah playing with people you know are good and communicate with is much better, a totally different game.

But 90% of the time RU wins on Metro. Notice they cap their base first and get a huge advantage at the middle base.

sentient02970
02-21-2012, 12:48 PM
Yeah playing with people you know are good and communicate with is much better, a totally different game.

But 90% of the time RU wins on Metro. Notice they cap their base first and get a huge advantage at the middle base.
US ALWAYS has a chance on Operation Metro if they can skip Platform (Charlie?) and go right for Bravo on Conquest. If they cap B before RU they typically can push back RU back to spawn by holding off the 3 entrances to the Metro station (fairly easy to do if the RU team doesn't bunch up) and then going aggro on Cafe (Alpha?) with a spawn cover the rest of the match to mop up. Maybe that works out to 10% of the time but it's 100% for every team that does that as US.

PooPooMeowChow
02-26-2012, 12:09 AM
How in the flying fuck is there no penalty for team killing? did Dice go fucking brain dead?
SERIOUSLY. WHAT THE FUCK?

Amaro
02-26-2012, 12:16 PM
Lol I almost forgot about that.

That's pretty funny and crappy.

sa_nick
02-28-2012, 11:20 AM
How in the flying fuck is there no penalty for team killing? did Dice go fucking brain dead?
SERIOUSLY. WHAT THE FUCK?

Hardcore servers?

PooPooMeowChow
02-28-2012, 12:21 PM
^yeah. It's all I play now. Bullet damage actually makes sense, people value their life more so there's a little more team play.

sentient02970
03-07-2012, 01:37 PM
New DLC maps hit in June, Close Quarters. (http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/close-quarters) Looks like a lot of Metro locker room maps. Go gather your shotguns and grenades boys.

Chris_CDN
03-07-2012, 01:46 PM
This fall will also bring the expansion pack Battlefield 3:Armored Kill. Featuring all-out vehicle warfare with new tanks, ATV's, and mobile artillery, it also includes the biggest map in Battlefield history.

This is what I'm looking forward to the most out of all the DLC.

PooPooMeowChow
03-07-2012, 02:45 PM
New DLC maps hit in June, Close Quarters. (http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/close-quarters) Looks like a lot of Metro locker room maps. Go gather your shotguns and grenades boys.

What a joke. The BF community complains about Metroll so they give us even smaller (16 player only) maps. By the time those other dlcs come out this game will be dead. Two of the biggest BF communities have already closed down, Battle.no (http://www.battle.no/) known for their huge community and their TV2 servers I played way back in BF2 and Planet Battlefield.

But I guess we now know why they nerfed shotguns and made Sniper rifles OHK within 15 meters.
This is how you kill a brand. RIP battlefield

EDIT: video of one of the maps, It's literally a 2/3 level house.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfHjdjQiPko&feature=related

sentient02970
03-07-2012, 03:13 PM
Not sure it helps but you should note that this sample gameplay is only TDM, which is typically smaller scale furball game mode.

dolemite
03-07-2012, 07:21 PM
As mentioned above, three new map packs were announced. http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/07/battlefield-3-dlc-trio-coming-in-june-fall-winter-this-year/

One map pack comes in June (summer), one in fall, and one in winter. The names of the map packs are: "Close Quarters", "Armored Kill", and "End Game".
"Close Quarters" also contains 10 new weapons. "Armored Kill" will contain new drivable vehicles.

I'm ok with a few more indoor maps, but I will be buying all the map packs anyway.

Also, customizable servers will be coming to *consoles* soon. source: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/07/battlefield-3-customizable-servers-coming-to-consoles

Amaro
03-08-2012, 12:31 PM
I will love any new maps, but I'm more excited about the immense patch...

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2832654779195992365/

Though, I don't see anything listed about correcting the general damage perception I talked about here before.

PooPooMeowChow
03-13-2012, 12:52 PM
Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9N853JrG_0
Basically...
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-n4OYzCGHRsY/TiouvMbxcuI/AAAAAAAAB1Y/i7tbHTvPcyc/s1600/NAM-WAW-Vietnam-Map-Arroyo_1.jpg

PooPooMeowChow
03-13-2012, 01:08 PM
Double post just to show some of the broken promises by DICE.

“you don’t kill CoD by trying to be CoD. You kill CoD by making a better shooter.”
Alan Kertz: Core Gameplay Designer on Battlefield 3

"biggest maps ever"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"3x times as much DLC then what BC2 had"
BC2 had one paid DLC (Vietnam) so literally we get 3 DLC packs for BF3. Not a lie but not cool.

"Big patch in Feb"

"Beta destruction to be drastically improved in the full product!"

"PC lead plat form"
painfully obvious it isn't.

"Caspian Border Antenna being destructible"
Well it was not at first. They have now patched in a SCRIPTED event.

"I’m confident what Battlefield 3 has to offer will provide an innovative and deep Integrated Teamwork experience… It’s going to be a good year to be a hardcore Battlefield fan"

And finally
http://i40.tinypic.com/1eovb9.jpg
Seriously?

Chris_CDN
03-13-2012, 04:08 PM
Gripes aside, this is still the best shooter, multiplayer or otherwise, ever played on the 360. Once you've played BF3 with a couple of friends in the same squad, there's no going back.

Frozen Beach
03-13-2012, 06:26 PM
It's amazing how fucking overpowered a flashlight can be. Seriously, how the fuck did they not patch that shit? Every time someone pulls out that piece of shit on the other team, and I see it up close, I can't help but freeze like a deer trapped in headlights. It's cheap.

PooPooMeowChow
03-13-2012, 10:48 PM
AHAHAH it was patched. No where near as bad as it was at release.

Amaro
03-14-2012, 01:09 PM
AHAHAH it was patched. No where near as bad as it was at release.

Not at all the way I see it. I'd like visual proof, because in the daylight it's still out of control.

PooPooMeowChow
03-14-2012, 11:21 PM
http://files.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/288149_S/battlefield-3s-ridiculous-tactical-flashlight-to-be-patch.jpg

Frozen Beach
03-14-2012, 11:47 PM
I swear, every time I run into it, it's like the before pic...

sentient02970
03-15-2012, 01:14 PM
So very true to form:
http://youtu.be/rWmqWGl0vKA

Space Suicide
03-15-2012, 02:02 PM
I don't know, I actually quite enjoy that map...

PooPooMeowChow
03-15-2012, 03:26 PM
Fan man "Call of Close Quarters" Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V50VuVYhXU

Nailed it.

EDIT: lol thats a terrible preview image.

Amaro
03-15-2012, 08:48 PM
http://files.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/288149_S/battlefield-3s-ridiculous-tactical-flashlight-to-be-patch.jpg

I swear, every time I run into it, it's like the before pic...

I agree... lol

But regardless, isn't that still a bit much in the daylight?

Piko
03-16-2012, 12:15 AM
So they finally tuned down the flashlights? Great! Guess I can start playing again?

Amaro
03-16-2012, 03:13 AM
So they finally tuned down the flashlights? Great! Guess I can start playing again?

Sure, see if you see a difference.

Amaro
03-23-2012, 06:07 PM
I'm back to being best friends with this game...can't wait for the patch though.

virushopper
03-23-2012, 11:22 PM
I still can't fly the fucking Jet!

PooPooMeowChow
03-23-2012, 11:36 PM
Patch approved for the PS3, still waiting on Microsoft.

Rumor is the 27th will be release date for PS3, xbox and pc the week after.

Also wish I had this on pc so I could get rid of the stupid blue filter >.<
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h58/serbusfish/bf3-alpha47.jpg

Amaro
03-24-2012, 01:53 AM
Fucking great. I think I just fucked up my PS3 system activation while attempting to do an account game share for the first time. I could be sitting out for about a week.

Edit: I think I got it back. Damnit though, why does game sharing have to be so impractical on PS3? And they lowered the limit of systems you can share with. Sweet!

Amaro
03-27-2012, 04:00 PM
Patch was 1GB...went surprisingly fast.

I haven't played yet, but I hear good things.

PooPooMeowChow
03-27-2012, 07:03 PM
Just a warning, Keep your head up. MAV elevated wasn't fixed. Now you just have to lay down on it for it to work.
and Metro under map glitch also was not fixed.

Amaro
03-28-2012, 12:33 AM
Lol

Speaking of floor glitches...I encountered one in another map.

Amaro
03-31-2012, 12:53 AM
I guess I'm the only one representing PS3 these days.

Patch is overall pretty good.

PooPooMeowChow
03-31-2012, 10:58 PM
So sad this is what Battlefield has become.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxsbTjPe2fs

Amaro
04-01-2012, 02:01 AM
so sad this is what battlefield has become.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxsbtjpe2fs

lololololololol

sentient02970
04-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Lol skillz

Amaro
04-03-2012, 01:44 AM
OMG...tonight I played a 1,000 ticket knife/pistol-only Conquest match in Operation Metro...longest game of my life. Pretty darn tight...but we freaking won. That was a game I didn't think about my K/D so much (even though I ended up exceeding my quota).

Pistol killing is still kinda weird to me in this game. The physics are nothing like BC2. They're just weird here... It's hard to explain. I mean it's really satisfying to get a kill off with one, but I don't feel in total control if the target reacts to my initial shot by moving crazily. Like there's still a good chance I'm gonna get offed instead. I feel I said something very similar to that once before about primaries. Maybe I just need to get it with secondaries.

Accuracy of hit placement can be quite good in this game...but say when a guy is prone a good ways from me...I shoot him...all physically capable of seeing is his head and arms...I get numerous hit markers (at least one of which had to have hit his face)...annnnnd he kills me with seemingly one shot. And I was at 100%. Needless to say there's also some weird shit going on with this game.

Piko
04-03-2012, 08:19 AM
Big patch day! I might pick it back up today. Been awhile.

Chris_CDN
04-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Big patch day! I might pick it back up today. Been awhile.

I ended up renting a server so my friends and I can just goof around sans​ retards. Should be fun.

Conan The Barbarian
04-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Ok so I see this ''rent a server'' and I'm like ''whaz the fucks does this doez'' So I download it. Look at it and fuck that!!! I can totally see where this is going! So I pay for Live 59.99 a year and for the most part, outside of EA companies keep their servers up fairly well. So now on top of buying my online access, plus now having to buy the game new(for my online code) they are offering me the option to rent a server? Its total bullshit. Perhaps if I was having BF3 birthday party at Mcdonalds this might fit my needs?

Fix you're fucking servers to begin with EA. I play NHL,NFL, BF3 and they all have major server issues. Now BF3 has had the option to search for a server which has been nice but this is going to get out of hand. I saw you could rent one for 90 days at 4000 MS points. Really? The only people who should support this are gaming communities that play this shit for money. Even then its a stretch. Goddamn EA has some balls let me tell you. They constantly releae buggy games, shitty servers and charge twice as much to play the fucker from the get go. Their website PR outright denies any problems with their games and when they finally do email you back they tell you in so many words the problem is you're own fault.

''Rent a server'' I would be better served renting an asian boy as neither is something I want however at least the boy would do what I rented him to do!

Fuck you EA!! ----Rant over.

I think you missed the point of the offer. no one is forcing you. but if you want to have fun with it, rent it for a day for 500 ms points. A friend and I played this one conquest match that was 2000 tickets each side. Lasted over two hours and leveled up twice.

Relax yourself.

Space Suicide
04-05-2012, 06:10 PM
How are the updates in the patch? I read the list but I wanna know player opinions.

Amaro
04-05-2012, 09:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4_06QiojZk

General bullshit.

Amaro
04-05-2012, 09:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40gcFOeXEOw

PooPooMeowChow
04-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Rent A Server is so you can play the game you wanna play, want to play a server all city maps? large maps only? what ever you want. Some one has it set up.

The two videos above are result of the shitt client side hit detection. The patch did not fix this at all.

The Bad
Tanks are made of paper now. One Jav and you're at 51%. Heli's will just kill you before you can do anything.
Suppression was increased something like 300%, so just spray and at least you know the person you're missing wont be able to kill you.
MAV lift wasn't fixed, you just have to lay on it now.
Serious glitch where heat seekers don't seem to work at all any more.
Some kind of glitch where the L85A2 has no recoil or spread. (the guy didn't say how to do it so its not rampant...yet)

The Good
Better weapon balance.
Shotguns have been fixed so they actually work at close range.
Server renting.
Mini Map upgrade.

Just off the top of my head.

sentient02970
04-06-2012, 06:44 AM
I haven't noticed a heat seeker problem. They appear to have added an indicator on the HUD of how many squad orders are active for each objective.

Space Suicide
04-06-2012, 09:12 AM
I think the server renting ruined the game for me. Every match I've been in this morning was a rented server and I get the same results - insanely high ticket (Conquest) amounts, a team that is straight up dominating and unfair, forced team swaps on me that makes me switch teams and gets my stats erased because the admin wants to.

All I ever see are clans and friends playing this now as opposed to single, random people like me that have no friends to play with. Thanks for ruining the game for me, EA.

PooPooMeowChow
04-06-2012, 12:34 PM
Are EA servers not up any more?
I agree, every match tends to be Metro conquest 1500 tickets. You just need to use the server browser to find the game you want. It takes a little longer to get into a game but I enjoy the longer games a lot more. The longer battles change up the game a lot, I was playing 1000 ticket conquest on Caspian Border. Eventually all the trees around B get knocked down and it's impossible for infantry to capture it. It turned into a huge tank war for it. IT was bad ass. If only tanks weren't made of paper it would a been a little more crazy.

Also fall damage has gone crazy. beware.

sentient02970
04-06-2012, 12:53 PM
I can't believe they don't let you specify official servers. That seems crazy.

PooPooMeowChow
04-06-2012, 02:57 PM
wanna know something even worse? Stingers a useless now because they won't lock on to any thing under radar level. Which mean Heli's can just hover at a certain lvl not be in danger of anything and rain shit on you. Wake Island fuckign sucks dicks now, even more than before.

sentient02970
04-06-2012, 04:48 PM
Getting fixed (https://twitter.com/#!/gustavhalling/status/187935527025127424)

PooPooMeowChow
04-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Good, now fix tanks and we'll have a balanced game in our hands.

rEnNiS
04-06-2012, 10:03 PM
I'm still holding out for Dino mode!

PooPooMeowChow
04-07-2012, 01:26 PM
PAX 2012 Battlefield 3 Close Quarters gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXf_lyUaZ9o
Guy runs a lap around the map in 30 seconds, dies, does it again.

Amaro
04-07-2012, 03:19 PM
I'm looking forward to it. I don't know why Battlefield has to be widespread every time to be true Battlefield... Honestly, for me the wide open maps in BF3 kinda stink. Caspian Border is overrated. If you're not interested in vehicles, that is. Take Atacama Desert, though...that had multipurpose, I felt.

Space Suicide
04-07-2012, 05:20 PM
I hate large maps in any game. You spend more time running and getting to the battle than actually doing battle. Then you die and have to run back.

PooPooMeowChow
04-07-2012, 10:19 PM
I'm looking forward to it. I don't know why Battlefield has to be widespread every time to be true Battlefield... Honestly, for me the wide open maps in BF3 kinda stink. Caspian Border is overrated. If you're not interested in vehicles, that is. Take Atacama Desert, though...that had multipurpose, I felt.

The problem is the majority of maps in BF3 are already close quarters focused. And the big maps aren't even that great. Caspian Is too small!! It's all in the way they set up the capture points. Example=
http://www.overclockers.com.au/wiki/images/7/7d/BF2_Dragon64_map.jpg
^BEST Map EVER^Dragon Valley^

Simply putting the flags in a triangle forces the game to move in a circle, never a prolonged battle, constantly moving to the objective you don't have.
The map above have the Chinese put up a fierce defense at the first four bases. While US heli try to drop troops to the back bases.
More BF2 maps = http://www.overclockers.com.au/wiki/Battlefield_2/Maps/standard

Atacama Desert was sick in BC2 but it just wouldn't work in bf3.

lol Space Suicide if you had played BF2 you probably wouldn't even have paid attention to BF3

Space Suicide
04-07-2012, 10:36 PM
lol Space Suicide if you had played BF2 you probably wouldn't even have paid attention to BF3

Never played Battlefield 2. I have played both Bad Company games though.

Frozen Beach
04-08-2012, 10:25 PM
Anyone else can't stand to play this game alone? I usually always play with my friend online.

sentient02970
04-09-2012, 08:14 AM
I play random but as you can expect, I'll often end up on a team of total wankers. But with the new server rental option I have been lucky and ended up on a clan team that seems to know what they're doing.

Chris_CDN
04-09-2012, 09:26 AM
Anyone else can't stand to play this game alone? I usually always play with my friend online.

Yup. I won't go near the multiplayer unless I've got at least one friend with me. I can usually scrounge up a group of 4 or 5 though which makes it pretty easy to dominate.

MAD
04-09-2012, 09:43 AM
I don't have a problem playing alone.

dolemite
04-09-2012, 09:34 PM
I play this game all the time. I love it. And this is coming from someone who mainly plays single player games.

I never play CoD online anymore because it was one huge campfest. In Battlefield 3, I just blow down all the walls in the buildings so camping becomes impossible.

It sucks that they weakened the tanks. Taking them out was one of the most fun things to do. Too bad they weakened them so the challenge is not as big.

The problem is the majority of maps in BF3 are already close quarters focused. And the big maps aren't even that great. Caspian Is too small!! It's all in the way they set up the capture points.

I don't know what you are talking about. I think things are set up perfectly.

Amaro
04-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Just asking routinely: is it just sa_nick, pushingreality and I who play this on PS3?

Amaro
04-10-2012, 02:43 AM
Well I'll add you, Thaned. Probably Wednesday.

Amaro
04-26-2012, 12:43 PM
http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/04/inside-dice-perfect-setup/

Post-patch official accessory breakdown.

About a month away from new maps and weapons!

Amaro
04-30-2012, 01:04 PM
I've been playing Canals TDM with 500 tickets practicing for Close Quarters. That place erupts.

sentient02970
04-30-2012, 04:19 PM
I've been playing Canals TDM with 500 tickets practicing for Close Quarters. That place erupts.
I also played an all-nighter on one of those servers this weekend. Addicting as fuck-all.

Space Suicide
04-30-2012, 05:14 PM
I think I'm one of the few that hates the rent-a-server games.

I should buy this again. It's at Best Buy for $19.99 on sale. I traded mine for the DMC HD Collection a few weeks ago.

Amaro
05-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Ummm...that's an insanely good deal. Damn!

And why hate the custom servers?

A lot of officials servers in modes other than TDM/SDM rarely packed a long-winded games for me, especially on Rush. I didn't feel like I killed enough by the end. Now I'm looking at a minute-long loading screen waiting to go into another relatively short match. I want to PLAY.

Space Suicide
05-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Ummm...that's an insanely good deal. Damn!

And why hate the custom servers?

A lot of officials servers in modes other than TDM/SDM rarely packed a long-winded games for me, especially on Rush. I didn't feel like I killed enough by the end. Now I'm looking at a minute-long loading screen waiting to go into another relatively short match. I want to PLAY.

I know right?

Why? Every single game I joined in quick match (again, I know I can search for games I want but really why should I have to go through the trouble to find an official server with basic setup instead of throwing me in a rented one?) I was at the mercy of the admin. I whined a page or two back about getting kicked and having me respawn on the opposite team depleting my killstreak, experience and points. How is that any fair? It happened to me two times, in two separate games back to back when it was initially released.

Amaro
05-07-2012, 08:50 PM
Admins can suck...even if you're following the posted rules. The kinds who switch teams around mid-game or what have you.

Honestly though, the servers I frequent (TDM in Canals, for example) hardly have an admin present, so in my experience I'm cool. But the premise of the custom servers is what's awesome...the possibilities...that's all I'm saying. You have to find the right server for you, or just rent your own with a buddy or two and do what you want. And get it GOING!

PooPooMeowChow
05-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Just in case you guys haven't seen it yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD8HF-AL2yY

Amaro
05-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Awshyeah! Fuck yeah. Thanks for posting. I know you love it too.

PooPooMeowChow
05-08-2012, 09:34 PM
It's better than the office level.

PooPooMeowChow
05-09-2012, 09:57 PM
double post just for this.

I can't believe Patrick Bach (lead dev for bf3) said this.
http://i.imgur.com/pENH8.jpg
what an idiot.

This is Project Reality mod for BF2 (2005) If you want real team play this is where it's at until ARMA3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo-NTO6this&amp;feature=relmfu

EDIT: lots of people still play this mod today, in-fact a Vietnam expansion just came out.

Amaro
05-10-2012, 02:56 AM
So, the DART and MASS, people...

PooPooMeowChow
05-10-2012, 01:07 PM
AHAHAHAHAH good luck

"SmashThatTrash (http://www.reddit.com/user/SmashThatTrash) 17 points 3 days ago
"Are you going to nerf the M26 MASS?"

"zh1nt0 (http://www.reddit.com/user/zh1nt0)[S (http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/tb9iw/i_am_a_global_community_manager_for_dice_and/)] -6 points 3 days ago
"We´ll see about that. Depends a lot on what we see during testing and also in live environment."

They don't even know what's happening in their own game. The Dart/Mass business isn't that it's OP, it's a glitch, in the code.

sentient02970
05-10-2012, 03:23 PM
same DAD-12 guy tagging me the WHOLE match. seriously

PooPooMeowChow
05-10-2012, 04:21 PM
For those of you who don't know and want to fight fire with fire.

Use the G3 + Underslung Rail + heavy barrel. Then use the Mass or the Dart.

I believe the glitch is the shot gun gets the range of the heave barrel and each pellet does the damage of the G3.

Amaro
05-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Thanks for that, PooPoo. I had fun getting back at all those who wronged me with that setup. My K/D went up a couple of points. LOL

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Dubalubb/stats/232019398/ps3/

Space Suicide
05-12-2012, 01:10 AM
Looking at my stats, I really did/do suck at the game...

Amaro
05-20-2012, 02:32 AM
Don't fret, bud. Some things take time...and I gotta say this game has been one of those things for me. But you gotta put it in consistently. Maybe be unemployed in a brand new location (lol). Or just find what you do best, and piss on the other team that way.

Any time before I'm thinking about rage quitting or when I'm feeling lazy/slow I'll typically bust out the LMG with a bipod from a guarded safe distance. Not the most original trick but it's funny shit.

Space Suicide
05-20-2012, 05:37 PM
Don't fret, bud. Some things take time...and I gotta say this game has been one of those things for me. But you gotta put it in consistently. Maybe be unemployed in a brand new location (lol). Or just find what you do best, and piss on the other team that way.

Any time before I'm thinking about rage quitting or when I'm feeling lazy/slow I'll typically bust out the LMG with a bipod from a guarded safe distance. Not the most original trick but it's funny shit.

When I owned the game I tended to have the Recon kit. My most used gun according to my stats was the RPK-74m so LMG works well in my favor hah.

bruised
05-20-2012, 11:18 PM
The game is on sale for $35 at Fry's Electronics this week, think I'm gonna grab it.

Amaro
05-21-2012, 02:41 AM
The game is on sale for $35 at Fry's Electronics this week, think I'm gonna grab it.
Okay, bud. Add me if you end up getting it on PS3.

Amaro
05-21-2012, 02:42 AM
When I owned the game I tended to have the Recon kit. My most used gun according to my stats was the RPK-74m so LMG works well in my favor hah.

You gave up?

Piko
05-21-2012, 07:29 AM
I tried (too), then I gave up...

bruised
05-21-2012, 10:36 AM
Okay, bud. Add me if you end up getting it on PS3.

Yeah PS3, I've never played before btw. :confused:

Amaro
05-21-2012, 10:39 AM
Yeah PS3, I've never played before btw. :confused:

Well I'll help. And I can get you through some co-op challenges. I have a mic and I use it.

Add me @ Dubalubb.

bruised
05-21-2012, 10:39 AM
Cool man, I'll let you know. I'm wethermen on there.

Space Suicide
05-21-2012, 11:37 AM
You gave up?

No, I needed money for another game, which I did get haha. I'll end up buying it again someday.

bruised
05-21-2012, 11:34 PM
Holy fuck why didn't I buy this before?!

Amaro
05-21-2012, 11:46 PM
Holy fuck why didn't I buy this before?!

What's striking you the most about it?

bruised
05-22-2012, 09:23 AM
The single player, it's so awesome! Modern Warfare was the best single player I had played until now, but this game shakes up that stale formula and makes it fresh. It's just badass. The multiplayer is frustrating, but I guess that's the Battlefield style (planes, tanks, etc). Is there not a regular deathmatch mode and I'm missing it? Anyway, until I get better at that, single player it is.

PooPooMeowChow
05-22-2012, 11:24 AM
The SP for this is terribad!
I've been sick the last couple weeks so I decided to beat it before I trade this in toward Max Payne.
You ever played Bad Company 2 SP? Basically most the time in that you had a mission and a map and you could attack your objective any way you wanted, blowing up building ect.
BF3 is more linear than MW. If you don't do exactly what it wants you to, you die. and die. and die. A perfect example is the first mission where it wants you to run up on to the walk way to defend against the attack. First I'm thinking that walk way is a terrible spot to be as my only cover are sheets of tin that fall away quickly so I'll move up to this wall, NO out of bounds! OK...... I'll hang back and pick people off with my Assault Rifle but noooo I HAVE to pick up the LMG even though I haven no intention of using it due to less accuracy. The game just keeps going until I pick it up. 4 or 5 times I grabbed the damn thing, went prone, started to deploy my bi-pod and before I could even start shooting, dead. First fcking mission I died at least ten times before I gave up.
Not to mention the lame quick time events. HIT A, HIT B, RT, B. soo much fun.
It even tells you where to aim! The sniper mission with the rocket launcher. You buddy says "when you see the lens glare nail him!" I couldn't see the glare because of the giant red diamond showing me exactly where to shoot. WTF are we doing on a bare roof anyway? snipers are shooting at me? I'll stay inside thanks.
Seriously I'd recommend Bad Company 2 SP over this any day.
/rant, I need to rest.

sentient02970
05-22-2012, 11:36 AM
The single player, it's so awesome! Modern Warfare was the best single player I had played until now, but this game shakes up that stale formula and makes it fresh. It's just badass. The multiplayer is frustrating, but I guess that's the Battlefield style (planes, tanks, etc). Is there not a regular deathmatch mode and I'm missing it? Anyway, until I get better at that, single player it is.

Team Deathmatch is the only deathmatch option. Look for it in your server browser.

I think single player was compelling from a story and action (Dima side story) but the gameplay just didn't hit on all cylinders for it. Battlefield 3, to me, is always about epic large sized multiplayer with vehicles blowing everything to shit. That's what Battlefield is to me. You'll discover that as you play more and improve.

Amaro
05-22-2012, 11:46 AM
Lol There's PooPoo.

Naw, I actually have to agree with him...the campaign, overall, was quite crappy. Also, visual lag is present even on the campaign! What I mean are the bullshit moments you know you're behind cover after being shot at, yet you get hit after you'd think you'd be out of sight. It's just lousy. And the way they programmed the AI was dumb in general.

The only mission I remember really liking was the first one where you're Dima.

bruised - There's Team Deathmatch and Squad Deathmatch! Check 'em out. I'll help you out along the way in multiplayer. It can some time getting used to. I'll try to get on today at some point and add you and play. For now make sure you're comfortable with the sensitivity you have set and *focus* on how the characters move in the game. You have to be very defensive and rather quick with your shooting if you're not running a route of attack. If you're doing a lot of running, or you wish to, ya gotta understand spawn points/map layout, map hiding points...list goes on.

bruised
05-22-2012, 05:30 PM
Team Deathmatch is the only deathmatch option. Look for it in your server browser.

I think single player was compelling from a story and action (Dima side story) but the gameplay just didn't hit on all cylinders for it. Battlefield 3, to me, is always about epic large sized multiplayer with vehicles blowing everything to shit. That's what Battlefield is to me. You'll discover that as you play more and improve.

This is what I'm finding. The only Battlefield i have played is like 5 mins of 1942 on a pc years ago. I'm really liking squad deathmatch, and cq or whatever. Still pretty awesome!

Space Suicide
05-22-2012, 05:50 PM
Single Player in this game is okay but a lot of the achievements were glitchy and I should've unlocked the Like A Butterfly one but it never unlocked for some god forsaken reason. I even did it again and did the requirements to a nine yet still nothing.

Multiplayer was fun and amusing but I wasn't that good as it's raved about, died a lot from behind (like 90% of games I play online these days) and from shit that shouldn't have.

I don't like BC2 but I'm contemplated to pick it up these days since it's so freaking cheap.

Amaro
05-22-2012, 06:40 PM
Here's a thought: just GET INTO BC2. lol

I of course can't right now as I'm tied to BF3 mode (I've tried to switch back for fun)...worlds different...but BC2 efforts pay off easier than BF3. BF3 has so many variables, if you will. And much more bullshit. lol Still, I give it credit. It has merit. And it's more instantly gratifying. LIKE Call of Dookie but with better gameplay/performance...attention to detail...and still Battlefield-realistic.

Space Suicide
05-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Here's a thought: just GET INTO BC2. lol

I of course can't right now as I'm tied to BF3 mode (I've tried to switch back for fun)...worlds different...but BC2 efforts pay off easier than BF3. BF3 has so many variables, if you will. And much more bullshit. lol Still, I give it credit. It has merit. And it's more instantly gratifying. LIKE Call of Dookie but with better gameplay/performance...attention to detail...and still Battlefield-realistic.

Well I hated Bad Company 2's single player (made it about 3/4ths through) and I played multiplayer a handful of times but it didn't wow me but for a cheap price, can't beat it.

Space Suicide
05-25-2012, 07:11 PM
I got Bad Company 2 tonight.

Best Buy Deal of the Day made it $4.99!

What a deal/steal!

sentient02970
05-25-2012, 07:46 PM
BC2 still has some serious lovely Multiplayer fun. I still like going back to that one.

Amaro
05-25-2012, 08:27 PM
I got Bad Company 2 tonight.

Best Buy Deal of the Day made it $4.99!

What a deal/steal!

Okay...now...play the motherfucker. lol

You may as well tell people Best Buy let you steal it.

Space Suicide
05-25-2012, 09:38 PM
BC2 still has some serious lovely Multiplayer fun. I still like going back to that one.

I need to finish the campaign but multiplayer is mostly what I'm looking forward too. Especially Vietnam, I plan to get that as soon as I can.

Okay...now...play the motherfucker. lol

You may as well tell people Best Buy let you steal it.

I want to but I can't since I'm out of state and there's no Xbox for me to play on.

I will however try to make this my summer's multiplayer game, besides Gears of War 3. I'm sure I'll have no problem. What do/did you think of the Vietnam DLC if you got it? It looks outrageously fun to me.

PooPooMeowChow
05-27-2012, 11:17 PM
Single Player in this game is okay but a lot of the achievements were glitchy and I should've unlocked the Like A Butterfly one but it never unlocked for some god forsaken reason. I even did it again and did the requirements to a nine yet still nothing.

I was trying to get it for a bit, then I realized its not only shooting it down first time, but you can't die either.

Complete Warrior (get a kill with a Jet, Tank and Assault Rifle in one life) from the B2K expansion will not unlock for me which is really annoying cause of how hard it is to get in the first place.

sentient02970
05-28-2012, 07:10 AM
This

http://youtu.be/XVjIcSSTyrI

Space Suicide
05-28-2012, 09:16 PM
Just bought Battlefield 3 off Amazon. Schwiiiiing.

Amaro
05-29-2012, 04:08 AM
The AEK is my gun (Kobra+foregrip+flash suppressor). Replaced the F2000 post-patch. Surpassed the F2000 as my lead gun in kills. It just rips people up...

But I still haven't worked with every gun enough.

Amaro
05-29-2012, 12:19 PM
Premium status.

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/rumor-battlefield-premium-to-cost-60-aftermath-dlc-revealed/

Space Suicide
05-29-2012, 12:50 PM
Premium status.

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/rumor-battlefield-premium-to-cost-60-aftermath-dlc-revealed/

Meh. Only 'Season Pass" I ever bothered to buy was for Gears of War 3. I'll pass on this "Premium Status."

Amaro
05-29-2012, 01:27 PM
Well I'm trying to figure out if it will actually save me any money. I'm going to buy every DLC anyway... But I think the only thing this offers that purchasing each individually doesn't is early access to the DLCs. See, Premium includes Back To Karkand, but I got Back To Karkand for free through my limited edition. This thing sure sounds like it would've made more sense if it were released before that expansion was put out for purchase for those who didn't get the limited edition.

Space Suicide
05-29-2012, 02:43 PM
Well I'm trying to figure out if it will actually save me any money. I'm going to buy every DLC anyway... But I think the only thing this offers that purchasing each individually doesn't is early access to the DLCs. See, Premium includes Back To Karkand, but I got Back To Karkand for free through my limited edition. This thing sure sounds like it would've made more sense if it were released before that expansion was put out for purchase for those who didn't get the limited edition.

I went elsewhere and it's calculated you'd save $15.00 at the end of all DLC releases with this Premium Status. I like Battlefield but I'm not ponying up $60.00 to get this. Like you, I have Karkand thanks to getting the Limited Edition when the game came out last October.

bruised
05-30-2012, 08:44 AM
I don't have the limited edition, and probably won't get this either.

PooPooMeowChow
05-31-2012, 02:50 PM
Patch Notes: Part 1
PC and Xbox 360 worldwide: June 4th
PlayStation 3 in Japan/Asia: June 5th
PlayStation 3 in all other regions: June 4th

M26 dart situation resolved
Some of you have noticed lately how a certain loadout has been overpowered. When the M26 Lightweight Shotgun System was mounted under an assault rifle with a heavy barrel, the M26 would accidentally fire assault rifle bullets instead of shotgun pellets. This is fixed in the June update.
Somewhat reduced suppression effect
Since the last update, there has been an interesting debate on the increased suppression effect we introduced. While a lot of players like the increased effect and the possibilities it introduced, some players felt suppression was becoming too powerful. Now, we are dialing the suppression effect back a notch. It will still be higher than it was prior to any of our patches. Let us know what you think of this tweak.
Adding symbol for custom server rules (console)
http://blogscdn.battlefield.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Server-Browser-Custom-Rules-3.jpgThe "§" makes it easier to spot servers running custom rules.

We know a lot of you want to know whether a server you’re about to join is running extreme custom rules (such as setting the ticket count to max, leading to marathon games). By adding a “§” symbol in the console server browser, we make it quicker and easier for you to make an informed decision on where to join and where not to.
The “§” (see image above) signifies a server running custom rules. Note that this can still be either a Ranked or Unranked server, as some rule changes will turn a server Unranked, while some (such as ticket counts) do not affect the server’s Ranked status.
We are not enforcing this symbol. Instead, the “§” is a manual optional flag you can set if you are a server admin and want players to know you are running custom rules. We hope this will make it easier for server admins to get the right players flocking to their servers, while players will more easily find the type of gaming experience they prefer. Let us know what you think.
Colorblind support (console)
http://blogscdn.battlefield.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/3D-HUD-Colorblind-Console-2-640x352.jpg (http://blogscdn.battlefield.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/3D-HUD-Colorblind-Console-2.jpg)No more accidental team kills! Click for full size.

Earlier, we introduced colorblind support for PC players. We are now very happy to extend this to console players as well. After installing the June update, you will find an option to turn colorblind support on in the options menu. This will affect the colors of HUD symbols to more clearly differentiate teams. You can see above what this will look like.
Improved VTOL fighter jet (F35) performance
Based on community feedback, we have improved the performance of the F35 in Back to Karkand to better match that of the SU35, particularly when it comes to turning speed.
FULL JUNE (“MULTIPLAYER UPDATE 3″) CHANGE LIST BELOW
Vehicle related changes
> Tweaked the F35 handling to more closely resemble that of the SU35 (see above).
> Jet & helicopter ECM Jammer should now deflect missiles more reliably when it is active.
> Fixed an issue where vehicles wouldn’t spawn if their intended space was occupied by a deployable gadget. The vehicle will now spawn as intended and the gadget will be destroyed in the process.
> Fixed AA missiles not doing damage to vehicles moving at very high speeds.
> Reduced the direct damage from unguided Javelins to require better side hits for a 1 hit disable. This was previously too forgiving and easy to accomplish.
> Removed the direct damage from aircraft launched guided missiles. Players will need to have laser designated targets for full effectiveness.
> Adjusted the helicopter rockets to their original prepatch damage value against armored vehicles. This is a reduction; a revert of a knock on effect that was introduced accidentally.
> Fixed the US Tank Guided Shell doing the reverse damage values when guided and unguided.
> Adjusted the M224 mortar damage against vehicles. Some tweaks and adjustments in a previous update accidentally increased its effectiveness greater than intended.
> Increased the range on the AA guns so they can reach vehicles hovering at the maximum height in select maps.
> Replaced the VDV buggy on Gulf of Oman (Back to Karkand) with the DPV buggy for both teams at the City flag.
> Fixed a bug where some vehicle unlocks were still enabled after the player left the vehicle.
Soldier and gadget related changes
> Reduced the inaccuracy added when in suppression. There is still an enhanced suppression compared to the initial state in the game, but the effect is now less than it was in the last patch (see above).
> Reduced input lag for gamepads/joysticks on all platforms. Aiming as a soldier when using a gamepad or joystick should now be more responsive.
> Tweaked the deploy times on gadgets to be faster to deploy in high stress combat situations.
> Greatly improved the responsiveness when deploying a bipod when going prone and shortly after moving. The bipod deploy should no longer abort if the player deploys the bipod immediately after stopping.
> Fixed bug where you couldn’t deploy the mortar anywhere on Grand Bazaar.
> When changing the accessories of a weapon in the Customize screen, the weapon previously selected in the Deploy screen will now automatically be selected when entering the Accessories screen.
> Increased the effectiveness of the Aim Assist at close range. Testing in Close Quarters proved our current assist to be inadequate in tight quarters. This is a global change, and will improve the effectiveness of Aim Assist for all modes and maps. Aim Assist over distance is still significantly less effective. This is console only, as Aim Assist is not present on PC. If you prefer, you can also turn it off on console.
> Players will now spawn on the Radio Beacon looking in the same direction the Beacon is facing. The Beacon always faces in the direction the player is facing when it is planted. Previously the Beacon’s direction had no impact on the player’s spawn direction.
> The Spawn Preview camera on the Spawn Beacon has been updated to better reflect the direction the player will be looking when he spawns.
> 40mm smoke now stays longer again.
> Tweaked some tracers on sniper rounds to have better visibility at range (the tracers are smaller).
> Tweaked the flashlight so it is less blinding at the edge of the screen.
> Fixed bug where you couldn’t pick up your deployed gadgets after being revived.

PooPooMeowChow
05-31-2012, 02:50 PM
Part 2
Weapons related changes
> Fixed a bug where Heavy Barrels and Underslung Shotguns could be over powered. (This is the so called M26 dart issue, see above)
> All semi-automatic sniper rifles now properly have shorter range when using a suppressor.
> The L96 now properly shoots where the iron sights are aimed. The position was previously offset.
> The SKS now has the proper damage values when using a suppressor. The damage was previously too low at close range.
> Slightly reduced the suppression effect of SKS rounds.
> Decreased the long range damage of the SKS to highlight its close to medium range role.
> Slightly decreased the foregrip aimed accuracy penalty on the M4A1 to bring it in line with other guns.
> Slightly increased the foregrip aimed accuracy penalty on the SCAR-H to bring it in line with other guns.
> Reduced some of the vertical recoil and zoomed accuracy penalties added to the FAMAS in the previous update.
> F2000 foregrip accuracy penalty reduced and recoil reduction bonus increased.
> AEK971 foregrip recoil reduction bonus increased.
> SG553 foregrip recoil reduction bonus increased.
> FAMAS foregrip recoil reduction bonus increased.
> Fixed the M416’s M26 with Flechettes not having a name in the kill log.
> Fixed so all clip based LMGs have Extended Mags as an available unlock.
> All semi-automatic shotguns now fire at 220rpm. There was previously simply a small difference between them, whereas now they have different pellet counts instead of rates of fire.
> Improved the recoil and accuracy of the M26 to match the 870.
> Reduced the impact suppression has on shotguns. Shotguns are still affected by Suppression but it should no longer significantly impact their accuracy from the hip as it previously did.
> The 870’s pump speed has been increased slightly from 0.55 seconds to 0.48 seconds. The empty reload time for the 870 has also been reduced slightly.
> Improved the accuracy of aimed shotguns when on the move.
> The Saiga’s recoil has been reduced.
> The M1014 now fires 10 projectiles. The other semi auto shotguns have 9 pellets, and since the M1014 has a lower mag size and a slower reload it now fires 10 pellets to give it some edge.
> The USAS-12 now fires 7 projectiles.
> The MK3A1 now fires 8 projectiles.
> Fixed so the weapon’s fire mode is saved between spawns.
Miscellaneous changes
> Added colorblind option for consoles (see above).
> Added colorblind icon for squad leader (all formats).
> Added the option for console server admins to show a symbol in the server browser signifying custom rules are in effect (see above).
> Fixed an issue where footsteps couldn’t be heard behind you.
> Fixed so that the arming of an M-COM station will not be cancelled if you look at a dropped weapon.
> Fixed exploit where you could teleport to the AA gun on carriers by firing an EOD bot at its door.
> Fixed co-op ammo HUD not showing on first enter.
> Fixed so you get prompted if you really want to switch team when pressing the Switch team button.
> Fixed so that Assignments are being correctly sorted on the My Soldier\Assignments screen.
> Fixed issue with commorose not working on soldiers in vehicles (PC).
> Added blinking capture point icons in the 3D HUD, and added blinking neutral icons in objectives bar.
> Composed a more informative error message for when a console player attempts to rent a server in a location where there are currently no servers available.
> Fix for dog tag icons in the My Soldier/Assignments screen appearing slightly stretched.
> Fixed some tracers appearing behind the soldier or vehicle that fired them.
> Potential random audio crash fix.

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/05/bf3-june-update-announce/

Space Suicide
05-31-2012, 03:12 PM
Cool but I also raise the question...why so many patches? The last time I had played this game before ditching it, it was a lot less fun then it was at launch with how things operated, handled and worked.

PooPooMeowChow
05-31-2012, 03:44 PM
This patch basically fixes what the last patch broke, lets hope it actually works.

A lot of the community is complaining that there aren't enough patches. Their argument is because of consoles Dice have to put out these huge patches that fix some things and break others. Opposed to a lot of small patches that PC would usually get.

Basically consoles killed battlefield. The Main series should have stayed PC while the Bad Company series stayed console.

Also there are rumors Dice are working on two new games already. (BC3 and Mirrors Edge 2?)

Space Suicide
05-31-2012, 03:48 PM
This patch basically fixes what the last patch broke, lets hope it actually works.

A lot of the community is complaining that there aren't enough patches. Their argument is because of consoles Dice have to put out these huge patches that fix some things and break others. Opposed to a lot of small patches that PC would usually get.

Basically consoles killed battlefield. The Main series should have stayed PC while the Bad Company series stayed console.

Also there are rumors Dice are working on two new games already. (BC3 and Mirrors Edge 2?)

Lame, I'm not for listening to fans too much. I'm a huge fan of Gears of War and Gears 3 patches (requested and whined about by players) caused the game to become broken and more aggravating in some areas. It even caused some weapons to be overpowered or fucking useless due to whiners.

I sensed BF being the same way.

Amaro
05-31-2012, 03:57 PM
Cool but I also raise the question...why so many patches? The last time I had played this game before ditching it, it was a lot less fun then it was at launch with how things operated, handled and worked.

This upcoming patch should bring the game more balance. That's why "so many patches." The last patch took things a bit too far in the other direction from the way they were on release day, like the suppression effects, for one example.

It all sounds like a good balance...lots of stuff needing addressed are going to be...but it always needs to be played thoroughly to test if it's a good change.

BC333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 33333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Space Suicide
06-02-2012, 04:19 PM
Achievements/Trophies for Close Quarters DLC Released:

Dominator 20 G - Win a round in Conquest Domination
Deadly Tools 30 G - Without dying, get a kill with a Carbine, Pistol and Rocket Launcher
Show of Force 30 G - Get 10 kills with all ten CQ weapons
Man of Calibre 20 G - Complete a round of Gun Master
Secret 20 G

Haven't gotten my copy in the mail yet it seems.

Amaro
06-03-2012, 12:43 AM
This one goes out to one PooPoo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQJteC2PHew&feature=player_embedded

PooPooMeowChow
06-03-2012, 05:38 PM
Premium Trailer leaked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NR-MGNHgEs

edit:new link

Amaro
06-03-2012, 05:41 PM
Nevermind. I don't know why EA can't get their dates straight. Just set one...and don't set up a service that delays the initial set date. We want Close Quarters! You'll get your money for the rest as they come.

Beef of the Sea
06-03-2012, 05:56 PM
Premium Trailer leaked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=C5lEpjEzhGY

"Not available due to a copyright claim" Well that took all of what, 15 minutes? EA don't waste any time.

Amaro
06-03-2012, 05:59 PM
I saw the trailer. It was a waste of time. Not missing much, beef cake.

I await tomorrow, because I am running a PS3, and all y'all are not. Fucking don't know WHY but alright.

PooPooMeowChow
06-04-2012, 10:27 AM
edited with new link.
It actually has quite a bit of new info in it.
First look at one more Close Quarters map.
First footage of Armored Kill.
The tag for Aftermath DLC was "Fight for Survival" so probably some kind of Survival game mode.
End Game "Leather High-speed Action" and the cover is a dude on a horse????
Shows images of new Artillery vehicles, 4-wheeler, AC130 or a huge transport plane.

Also on June 1st, EA/Dice shut down the EAUK (aka Mordor) and the EAUS forums. Forcing every one to use Battlelog.
I never really went on the EAUS forums, but EAUK was known to be very unhappy with BF3 as it was mostly full BF1942, BF2 vets looking for a true sequel. Dice devs called it "a black hole of negativity." Thus it was called Mordor. There was a lot of deep discussion about game flaws, a lot of trolling, and a lot of complaining but it was a tight nit community. One of many EA/Dice have now killed. Battlelog is a shit forum and I can't see many people who were unhappy with the game in the first place making the move.

Space Suicide
06-04-2012, 08:26 PM
Multiplayer Update 3

2.38 GB.

Fucking shit, that's high.

Amaro
06-04-2012, 08:27 PM
I went elsewhere and it's calculated you'd save $15.00 at the end of all DLC releases with this Premium Status. I like Battlefield but I'm not ponying up $60.00 to get this. Like you, I have Karkand thanks to getting the Limited Edition when the game came out last October.

It's 50 bucks and I went for it. Ughhhh if only they could get their shit straight and have us Americans playing Close Quarters like other countries are.

Multiplayer Update 3

2.38 GB.

Fucking shit, that's high.

I don't understand. I ran the update and it took me like 10 minutes or some more. Is that an Xbox issue? I could've swore it was PS3 that supposedly had the longer updates.

Space Suicide
06-04-2012, 08:53 PM
It's 50 bucks and I went for it. Ughhhh if only they could get their shit straight and have us Americans playing Close Quarters like other countries are.

I don't understand. I ran the update and it took me like 10 minutes or some more. Is that an Xbox issue? I could've swore it was PS3 that supposedly had the longer updates.

No clue but that's a horrendously high update. Every update has been over a Gig. I own both systems and I hate PS3's update/install system. It took a long time when I updated Uncharted 2 when I got that.

Amaro
06-05-2012, 04:40 PM
No clue but that's a horrendously high update. Every update has been over a Gig. I own both systems and I hate PS3's update/install system. It took a long time when I updated Uncharted 2 when I got that.

*shrug* The Close Quarters DLC specifically took much longer than Premium itself for me on PS3, but still under 30 minutes. What's "slow" to you?

Amaro
06-06-2012, 04:52 AM
Finally got the DLC to work for USA. These maps are GREAT. Just what I wanted.

Operation 925 is BIG in square footage...multiple levels and it's wide.

Domwhatever Fortress is probably my favorite. It makes me think of a blend of CoD: 4 maps.

Space Suicide
06-06-2012, 11:07 AM
*shrug* The Close Quarters DLC specifically took much longer than Premium itself for me on PS3, but still under 30 minutes. What's "slow" to you?

"Slow" Uncharted 2 - 35 minutes

I'm getting this asap next Monday!

PooPooMeowChow
06-09-2012, 02:04 PM
Now that E3 is over, here's an Armored Kill update.

-Four Maps for Armored Kill
-6 New Vehicles(2 Tank Destroyers,2 Mobile Artillery,ATV and AC-130)
-20+ Vehicle Unlocks for new vehicles
-New Game Mode: Tank Superiority
-Map showed called Bandar Desert
-Confirmed of being the biggest map in the franchise.
-Contains the following vehicle : Tanks,Tank Destroyers,ATV,Light Transport,Mobile Artillery,AC-130,Fighter Jets,Scout Helicopter,Attack Helicopter
-AC-130 is NOT pilotable
-AC-130 takes 2 seats for gunners and the rest are are paradrops for anyone else
-AC-130 can be destroyed and will spawn for whoever holds the F flag.
-Height Ceiling will be ''high''
-There will be more map variety
-All maps on Consoles will be 5 flags(Assuming all will be 7 on PC)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeBhCP4AlrQ&amp;feature=player_embedded

It is complete bull shit that the AC130 is not pilot-able. Why even have the fucking thing?
AND a new patch means new glitches. Here's the new one the AUG + heavy barrel + smoke. Makes your smoke shoot straight and is a one hit kill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysv7UJq4gmE&amp;feature=related

Space Suicide
06-11-2012, 06:32 PM
I found my niche for Battlefield 3: Engineer with 870 Shotty, M1911 and SMAW.

Win.

Space Suicide
06-12-2012, 05:35 PM
Battlefield: Bad Company 2

575 G
Collected Half of the Collectible Guns
Beat Airborne on hard Difficulty
Multiplayer: Level 3 (WAAAAAH!!)

Success. Good game. Time to ping pong between it and Battlefield 3's multiplayer.

Space Suicide
06-12-2012, 07:16 PM
HELP! Is there any 360 Users that have Battlefield 3? I need help and a pilot for Co-Op mission 2: Fire in the Sky. You need to be amazing at flying the helicopter.

I cannot fucking beat this shit. Fail every time. I wanna play other co-op missions but I can't get past this and every dipshit I play with online sucks at flying too or crashes or allows the teams to die. I want to beat this to experience the co-op more but this misison is fucking boring and difficult. PLEASE REPLY, SOMEONE.

Conan The Barbarian
06-12-2012, 09:26 PM
I could help. But I am not good at flying. But I'm the type of gamer where I can pick it up. I'm down after the finals game. Warning I'm a bit liberated so it'll take a few rounds.

Beef of the Sea
06-12-2012, 09:30 PM
HELP! Is there any 360 Users that have Battlefield 3? I need help and a pilot for Co-Op mission 2: Fire in the Sky. You need to be amazing at flying the helicopter.

I cannot fucking beat this shit. Fail every time. I wanna play other co-op missions but I can't get past this and every dipshit I play with online sucks at flying too or crashes or allows the teams to die. I want to beat this to experience the co-op more but this misison is fucking boring and difficult. PLEASE REPLY, SOMEONE.

If Conan can't help you out, and you're patient enough to wait for us to be online at the same time I can help you out.
Am very proficient at flying, and did this mission first time without error.

Conan The Barbarian
06-12-2012, 09:37 PM
Can us three go on at the same time?

Beef of the Sea
06-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Naw, just two in Co-op if I remember rightly.

Amaro
06-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Does anyone need co-op help on PS3? Motherfucking bums.

dolemite
06-13-2012, 02:58 PM

I cannot fucking beat this shit. Fail every time. I wanna play other co-op missions but I can't get past this and every dipshit I play with online sucks at flying too or crashes or allows the teams to die. I want to beat this to experience the co-op more but this misson is fucking boring and difficult. PLEASE REPLY, SOMEONE.

Flying the chopper is really not that difficult. You point the nose down a little to pick up speed. You level out and hold down the trigger to gain altitude. The real challenge is letting off the trigger and slowing down or losing altitude without losing control and crashing.

I'm not a great pilot, but I'm decent. I've beaten all the co-op missions, some of them on "hard" difficulty.

If no one else can help, I might, but I just played a bunch of co-op recently (xbox) so I'm sort of burnt out on it.

Amaro
06-13-2012, 03:54 PM
Flying is so much fun...I don't find if difficult in co-op. I perform stunts. (lol)

Take it to the battlefield...that's a real challenge. (Thwarting off assaults from the air and ground.)

Space Suicide
06-13-2012, 09:32 PM
Beat the fucking level and got the achievement for not using the extinguisher too. One of my Gears of War buddies helped me.

PooPooMeowChow
06-15-2012, 06:38 PM
So the new patch has an unannounced feature, 3rd Person God Mode!!! Be on the look out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IAGmPpP8Bc
This hasn't spread yet as how to perform the glitch isn't exactly known yet. Just a heads up.

Space Suicide
06-26-2012, 06:15 PM
I got a 1600 MSP card today and got Close Quarters. I fucking love it. So much fun, franctic and killstreaks. It's nothing but a plethora of experience and unlocks and ribbons. Operation 925 is definitely my favorite.

If Gun Master isn't inspired/rip off of Black Ops' Gun Game then I'd laugh myself to death.

Beef of the Sea
06-26-2012, 06:50 PM
Which is in turned ripped off from any number of games before it...

Space Suicide
06-26-2012, 06:55 PM
Which is in turned ripped off from any number of games before it...

I'm not saying it wasn't.

MAD
06-27-2012, 03:32 AM
If any of you want to play on PC, add me on MAD_623_MAD.

I played with some idiots last night some squad dm rounds and I felt the need to expand my friends list.

Space Suicide
07-01-2012, 11:13 AM
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/spaceSuicide/stats/292883919/xbox/

My stats aren't so shitty now! Whoopee!

Amaro
07-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Keep going, buddy.

I think I saw your level at 20-something when you first posted the link?

Space Suicide
07-07-2012, 02:03 AM
Keep going, buddy.

I think I saw your level at 20-something when you first posted the link?

Yeah, my K/D graduated too.

october_midnight
07-14-2012, 01:30 PM
Preordering Medal of Honor: Warfighter grants access to the beta for Battlefield 4. (http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/07/14/battlefield-4-beta-advertised-on-origin)

Piko
07-14-2012, 02:56 PM
Preordering Medal of Honor: Warfighter grants access to the beta for Battlefield 4. (http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/07/14/battlefield-4-beta-advertised-on-origin)

Dammit... Never played a Medal of Honor before. The beta sounds nifty though. Dunno though...

PooPooMeowChow
07-14-2012, 05:21 PM

Fuck that shit man. Not jumping on the hype train again. I'll be loling at all the lies they tell this time.
but lets see.

"You don't beat COD by trying to be COD"
Working on a new BF before a year has even gone by for BF3, Fuck your self DICE. Done with your shit.

Amaro
07-14-2012, 08:49 PM
But then I heard a rumor of this rumor that it was confirmed as a false rumor on the official BF twitter?

Anyone?

dolemite
07-14-2012, 11:36 PM
^^^DICE's twitter feed said not to believe anything about the beta unless you see it confirmed on the official Battlefield.com site. I also heard that EA removed the "beta with pre-order" image from Origin and the web site.

I played Medal of Honor. I thought it was a decent game. The multiplayer, the few rounds that I played, seemed really hardcore (I typically died in 1 to 3 shots) and quite different from Battlefield 3.

EA has about 3 military franchises that they could rotate. Medal of Honor, Battlefield: Bad Company, and Battlefield. And that doesn't count them digging up an old FPS franchise or making other spinoffs.

I expect to still be playing Battlefield 3 well into late 2013. If they want to release a new Battlefield game in time for Christmas of NEXT year (16-17 months from now), I'm ok with it, but I think a Summer 2014 or Fall 2014 release would be better. New consoles would be out by then anyway, so I hope they release a next-gen version for the new consoles.

In other words, I'm ok with a new Battlefield at Christmas of next year (basically about 18 months from now), but I'd rather that they wait until early summer 2014, when the last map pack will be getting old and new consoles will be out.

I'd rather they wait a little longer than Christmas 2013, but I won't be aggravated if they release it then.

Frozen Beach
07-14-2012, 11:55 PM
You know, Hardcore would be awesome if it didn't always attract the cunts that like to team kill.

Amaro
07-15-2012, 02:23 AM
dolemite - Assuming you're talking about having played MoH Warfighter alpha, please elaborate in the appropriate thread.

dolemite
07-15-2012, 03:54 PM
dolemite - Assuming you're talking about having played MoH Warfighter alpha, please elaborate in the appropriate thread.

I'm talking about the old Medal of Honor. I have it for both xbox and pc. http://www.amazon.com/Medal-Honor-Xbox-360/dp/B000TI836G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342385562&sr=8-1&keywords=medal+of+honor+xbox+360

Amaro
07-15-2012, 04:51 PM
Damnit, that game shit.

october_midnight
07-17-2012, 12:18 PM
EA confirmed the BF4 rumor this morning. (http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/726007/battlefield-4-beta-access-included-with-medal-of-honor-warfighter-pre-orders/)

Amaro
07-17-2012, 02:49 PM
Ah shit.

lolol

If it comes out next year...

Or whatever. I'm busy eyeing MoH at the moment. And returnig to BC2.

Space Suicide
07-17-2012, 03:03 PM
EA confirmed the BF4 rumor this morning. (http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/726007/battlefield-4-beta-access-included-with-medal-of-honor-warfighter-pre-orders/)

Meh. Whatever.

PooPooMeowChow
07-20-2012, 01:00 PM
New Amour Kill Trailer.
Tanks, Snow, and more AC130 on Rails.

http://youtu.be/nNMuxk-ac8w

Space Suicide
07-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Meh, not too thrilled about vehicular shit.

Amaro
07-20-2012, 03:24 PM
I'll still probably be on foot. lol

I also don't love vehicles.

PooPooMeowChow
07-21-2012, 12:37 PM
I think you guys are playing the wrong series than. or well.. I thought. Battlefield isn't really about vehicles any more. Due to crummy design and physics.(Tank drifting, can smash through a building but stopped by a small brick wall?)

Buuuut Mr.Gustav Halling "we cannot forget about infantry." so here we have the "biggest map in BF history." with bunches of flags. So you can run and gun your legs off.
http://i48.tinypic.com/35c4xs3.jpg
And so, we have flags in bunches.

sentient02970
07-22-2012, 10:32 AM
Went ahead and bought Premium yesterday. I figured I'm likely to go get Armored Kill and like the change up of Close Quarters. The CQ Prima pdf guide is actually very well done and I like the stats reset feature when and if I decide I'm bored. So far I'm feeling good about being sucked into this. Although I'm having trouble getting CQ maps and game modes mixed into my server rotation even though I set my Browser filter to include them. Are they keeping them separated since the pools of lobbies are dependent on DLC owners/non owners? Or am I missing something?

dolemite
07-23-2012, 01:12 AM
I bought premium as soon as it came out. I don't regret it at all. Of course, I still play the game all the time, so I get my money's worth.

Amaro
07-25-2012, 10:13 PM
I think you guys are playing the wrong series than. or well.. I thought. Battlefield isn't really about vehicles any more. Due to crummy design and physics.(Tank drifting, can smash through a building but stopped by a small brick wall?)

Buuuut Mr.Gustav Halling "we cannot forget about infantry." so here we have the "biggest map in BF history." with bunches of flags. So you can run and gun your legs off.
http://i48.tinypic.com/35c4xs3.jpg
And so, we have flags in bunches.

Honestly I'm just too lazy to focus on bettering my vehicular skills. In my experience with this game it sure feels like there's more of a learning curve than BC2 had. Or I'm just THAT lazy.

Reznor2112
08-12-2012, 10:30 AM
^^^DICE's twitter feed said not to believe anything about the beta unless you see it confirmed on the official Battlefield.com site. I also heard that EA removed the "beta with pre-order" image from Origin and the web site.

http://www.amazon.com/Medal-Honor-Warfighter-Limited-Xbox-360/dp/B0050SY5BM/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1344785352&sr=1-1&keywords=medal+of+honor

Piko
08-12-2012, 12:46 PM
Looked pretty legit to me...

dolemite
08-12-2012, 11:43 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Medal-Honor-Warfighter-Limited-Xbox-360/dp/B0050SY5BM/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1344785352&sr=1-1&keywords=medal+of+honor

EA put the ad on Origin, then removed it, then DICE denied it and said if it isn't on battlefield.com, then it isn't official, then about 1 day later, the add was back on Origin and the "official announcement" was made. The whole thing was ridiculous.

PooPooMeowChow
08-13-2012, 04:47 PM
It's like they don't know what they're doing.

New Armored Kill trailer tomorrow with a sneak peek of Aftermath
Faceboook event!!!
http://www.facebook.com/events/349138631829747/

Also confirmation that BF4 will be a modern shooter. Many in the community thought it'd be the sequel to BF2142

http://www.vg247.com/2012/08/13/battlefield-4-will-take-place-in-the-modern-day/

and if you plan on playing this on xbox tonight. A DICE dev will be online for you to try to get his tags.
details: http://www.mordorhq.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2786

PooPooMeowChow
08-14-2012, 01:33 PM
doublepost for the fuck of it.

New trailer for the announcement of Battlefield Premium Edition. (Battlefield that comes with BF Premium)

Shows a new extreme blue filter ("night") map. Which looks like you won't even need night vision. Not that it's useful anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INDMBnTosF4&amp;list=UUvNBXWGykQrWb7kPAn5eLUQ&amp; index=0&amp;feature=plcp

Space Suicide
08-14-2012, 09:40 PM
Way to milk shit dry, DICE/EA.

Amaro
08-15-2012, 12:18 AM
lol

It got me turned on, actually. But I haven't played in over a week...so maybe that's it.

Ax Mr. L
08-15-2012, 01:17 PM
I've been playing BF 1943 much lately and I've enjoyed it so I was thinking of getting BF3. The question is should I wait and buy the "Premium Edition" or buy the normal version now. How essential are the DLC packs for playing the multiplayer and are they really worth the money?

Space Suicide
08-15-2012, 01:45 PM
I've been playing BF 1943 much lately and I've enjoyed it so I was thinking of getting BF3. The question is should I wait and buy the "Premium Edition" or buy the normal version now. How essential are the DLC packs for playing the multiplayer and are they really worth the money?

I'd say just drop the extra 20 and get the Premium Edition this late in the game. You get a lot more and if you enjoy multiplayer in the Battlefield (or any FPS really) series then the DLC packs for more game modes and maps are essential.