PDA

View Full Version : Blade Runner 2049

Pages : 1 [2]

october_midnight
12-30-2017, 08:57 AM
The digital version's out now...it's great.

playwithfire
12-30-2017, 12:06 PM
Oh, awesome! I missed it in theaters. Here's hoping it's easier to get through than the original which I mostly spend yelling "AESTHETIC" at my tv during.

Prettybrokenspiral
01-02-2018, 06:02 PM
Stoked af for the 4K/blu ray release in two weeks. I bought that lavish Art and Soul of Blade Runner 2049 coffee table book over a month ago, but still haven't opened it. Waiting until I have a chance to watch the film for a 5th time and absorb all the bonus content before doing so.

Sorry to say, but if you missed this in IMAX or 3-D, you'll never truly experience what this movie offers..

Prettybrokenspiral
01-16-2018, 07:25 PM
This was released on 4K UHD Blu-ray today. I managed to get the last copy of the limited edition steelbook 4K at Best Buy. Apparently they went quickly.

Can't wait to watch this shit again tonight. Easily my favorite film of the last decade, at least..

Mr. Blaileen
01-16-2018, 07:33 PM
Can't wait to get a copy this week. Been wanting to see this again since it left theaters. I still listen to the soundtrack a few times weekly.

Jon
01-16-2018, 09:10 PM
This was released on 4K UHD Blu-ray today. I managed to get the last copy of the limited edition steelbook 4K at Best Buy. Apparently they went quickly.

The audio and video quality of the 4K releases has been spectacular. Both of the films are top-notch picks for showing off Atmos.

october_midnight
01-17-2018, 07:53 AM
Yeah had to get the steelbook and finally pick up the original (had the blu ray but not 4k) since it was on sale as well. Next week is Cloverfield! Good week for 4k.

Only got to watch the first half due to work destroying my day but it's true...it's amazing.

Denton
01-17-2018, 06:50 PM
Oh, awesome! I missed it in theaters. Here's hoping it's easier to get through than the original which I mostly spend yelling "AESTHETIC" at my tv during.

Must be great being a millennial. You’re probably too empty headed to appreciate the sequel too so I wouldn’t waste your time. Roll your eyes at something else for 2hrs 45 mins.

playwithfire
01-17-2018, 07:02 PM
I think you'll be excited to know that my favorite characters were computer girlfriend and dog.

Prettybrokenspiral
01-17-2018, 07:59 PM
Dat love scene tho.. <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WPta4nioIU

october_midnight
01-17-2018, 09:02 PM
Must be great being a millennial. You’re probably too empty headed to appreciate the sequel too so I wouldn’t waste your time. Roll your eyes at something else for 2hrs 45 mins.

Probably hit top 3 in ETS history for first post warranting the loudest 'shut the fuck up, shitpile.' response. So congrats, I guess?

Back on topic....DAT LOVE SCENE FO SHO. The whole thing was just so amazing...

hologram parade
01-22-2018, 02:54 PM
the standard version is worth the money imho. really dig this thing

https://78.media.tumblr.com/a72ac1a614498efdb607e3ed028e9fa3/tumblr_p2ojpchu2O1uvvamyo1_400.jpg https://78.media.tumblr.com/9e7179afb48de9fec6fe4221af44d289/tumblr_p2ojpchu2O1uvvamyo2_400.jpg
https://78.media.tumblr.com/e94356f4fa3f6ba773f4aa384ccf3e99/tumblr_p2ojpchu2O1uvvamyo3_r1_540.jpg

ImTheWiseJanitor
01-22-2018, 05:27 PM
Absolutely buying that book/that movie this weekend.

neorev
01-23-2018, 08:08 PM
Don't hate me, but I enjoyed this one more than the original.

I am guessing there will be a third? It really seems like it is setting up a third movie.

thevoid99
01-23-2018, 09:32 PM
Don't hate me, but I enjoyed this one more than the original.

I am guessing there will be a third? It really seems like it is setting up a third movie.

Probably not. It's a miracle the 2nd one got made despite the fact that it had no chance in hell in making any serious money.

Sister Midnight
01-23-2018, 09:44 PM
I'm going to watch it tonight, looking forward to it.

neorev
01-23-2018, 10:09 PM
Probably not. It's a miracle the 2nd one got made despite the fact that it had no chance in hell in making any serious money.

http://www.slashfilm.com/blade-runner-3/

After him fucking up Alien with his prequels, I don't know if I'd want him in involved. Shame, it seems the second movie is setting up something big.

thevoid99
01-23-2018, 10:30 PM
http://www.slashfilm.com/blade-runner-3/

After him fucking up Alien with his prequels, I don't know if I'd want him in involved. Shame, it seems the second movie is setting up something big.

Ridley Scott is an old fart who didn't even like Blade Runner 2049 stating it was too slow and too long. I'm sure he's never seen one film by Bela Tarr, then he would have something to complain about and I have seen Tarr's Satantango and enjoyed it. I wouldn't mind a third film if it involves Denis Villeneuve in some capacity but if it doesn't happen. That's cool as I like the way Blade Runner 2049 ended.

neorev
01-24-2018, 12:08 AM
Ridley Scott is an old fart who didn't even like Blade Runner 2049 stating it was too slow and too long. I'm sure he's never seen one film by Bela Tarr, then he would have something to complain about and I have seen Tarr's Satantango and enjoyed it. I wouldn't mind a third film if it involves Denis Villeneuve in some capacity but if it doesn't happen. That's cool as I like the way Blade Runner 2049 ended.

Yeah, give me Villeneuve. I'd be excited by that announcement where as not so much with Scott in director's chair. He really has some nerve talking shit about Villeneuve's direction. The dude has delivered some amazing films. Scott seems to have lost the touch.

thevoid99
01-24-2018, 12:27 AM
Yeah, give me Villeneuve. I'd be excited by that announcement where as not so much with Scott in director's chair. He really has some nerve talking shit about Villeneuve's direction. The dude has delivered some amazing films. Scott seems to have lost the touch.

He's been losing his touch for years. The last film of his that I enjoyed was The Martian but he is often hit-and-miss. For every film like Alien, Blade Runner, and Black Hawk Down (I wanted to mention the extended director's cut of Kingdom of Heaven which I heard is a vastly superior film than the theatrical version), there's duds like White Squall, Body of Lies, and Exodus. He can deliver in films like Black Rain, Thelma and Louise, and American Gangster but I often think people put him very highly when I kind of think he's overrated at times. I'm one of those that doesn't even like Gladiator very much. I doubt he's even in my list of my 100 favorite filmmakers.

Kodiak33
01-24-2018, 07:31 AM
Ridley Scott has certainly lost something, Covenant was a stain on his own franchise IMO. I really liked Prometheus, then he doubled down on the dumb shit that people didn't like about it (dumb scientists etc).

I also think it's bullshit that Denis Villenueve didn't get nominated for Best Director.

october_midnight
01-24-2018, 08:43 AM
Villenueve should just do it after Dune, lol.

Leviathant
02-13-2018, 09:34 PM
I finally got a chance to watch the movie, in UHD, and I'm definitely kicking myself for not having seen this in the theater. What a beautiful film. On my second watch-through now.

onthewall2983
02-13-2018, 11:13 PM
I wish I'd seen it in IMAX.

Clownboat
02-25-2018, 11:42 AM
I saw this movie three times in theaters alone and several times since it came out on digital, but I just picked up the 4K HDR Blu-ray and goddamn is this movie a showcase for a sweet-ass setup. I was impressed in the theaters, but this is just goddamn bonkers.

Substance242
02-25-2018, 02:15 PM
Watched Blade Runner (Final Cut) yesterday and 2049 today, both 4K on nice OLED, good enough 5.1 sound (english), cold and dark winter outside, me alone in the dark... amazing, and I am so glad 2049 turned out this good, this was really the best movie of 2017.

Also amazing how clear the image on original Blade Runner is, I bet there was a ton of work with that.

(except maybe I hoped for some extra bonus material and there seems to be just three commentaries on the first one which I probably won't watch, and nothing on 2049, and they don't have to insert also DVD and BluRay (not 4K) disks, I don't need them, waste of material)

Now I turned everything off, after such experience I prefer to not even switch to weather or anything, just turn everything off (not ETS, heh) and let it work... time to sleep soon, and I bet I will wake up thinking about it.

Mantra
02-25-2018, 02:58 PM
I finally saw this a few weeks back on my friend's big HD screen, and I actually had mixed feelings about it. It was obviously a very beautiful film with good writing and whatnot, and had this not been an entry in the Bladerunner franchise I would have thought it was perfectly fine. But I was a little disappointed that there wasn't more of that urban noir thing. They had some of it, but it was only one element mixed in here and there. So much of the movie had these big open spaces with clean washes of color. It had a lot of this abstract beauty, which is awesome, but I just miss the grimey urban stuff. For me personally, that's what blade runner is all about. The protagonist, in my mind, is just a vibe. It's a world I want to go live inside of, dumb as that probably sounds. And I just didn't feel quite the same way about the new one.

Now of course, people could be like, "Well if that's what you want, just watch the original." And I'm sure they think its cool that they tried something a little different with this new movie instead of playing it safe. But if I'm being totally honest with myself, I really did just want more of the same. There really aren't that many movies that have that classic blade runner vibe, and I just thought it would have been nice to get one more in that same vein.

Still, good movie, and I would never shit all over it or anything. I totally get that I'm in the minority here. I just didn't fall in love with it.

Mantra
02-25-2018, 03:09 PM
Actually, this post from dlb about five months back does a much better job of explaining what I found missing in the new one...

I found the movie to be a bit too bright for my taste and open worldly. I love the claustrophobic feeling of the original, the crammed streets and the city life in general. I was a bit dissapointed that we only get to see glimpses of this here and there. overall I found the building interiors too polished, but maybe that's due to the 30 years of developement. I also love the use of smoke in the original which was basically non existant in 2049. In itself the movie could have looked a whole lot darker for my taste and more "noire" if you want to call it this. It all does look stunning and beautiful, but some grittyness was missing that made the original so appealing to me.

Rdm
02-25-2018, 05:32 PM
So should I wait and watch this on a 4k television? I dont want to ruin it on my computer if its that visually " stunning?''

bobbie solo
02-26-2018, 12:01 AM
So should I wait and watch this on a 4k television? I dont want to ruin it on my computer if its that visually " stunning?''

Yes.

JCohen75
02-27-2018, 04:41 AM
So should I wait and watch this on a 4k television? I don't want to ruin it on my computer if it's that visually "stunning?''

Yes, for a thousand times. Although the best option would be watching it in IMAX.

Joseph (http://www.checkdirector.co.uk/director/joseph-cohen/#director_2634453)

ltrandazzo
02-27-2018, 08:49 AM
I finally got a chance to watch the movie, in UHD, and I'm definitely kicking myself for not having seen this in the theater. What a beautiful film. On my second watch-through now.

I was fortunate enough to see it in IMAX and it just sticks with you. I've yet to get a 4k TV or player, but I know I'm eventually purchasing this on UHD just so I can experience it again in that way. The complaints about too many long shots are so short-sighted, because I could watch those scenes over and over again and still be blown away,

fillow
03-10-2018, 02:04 PM
This is brilliant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbPcwDnqrOo

Mr. Blaileen
03-14-2018, 05:04 PM
^ That was awesome.

onthewall2983
09-20-2018, 03:45 PM
I saw an article the other day that they might continue this as a TV series. Very sketchy details, and hopefully that's all that remains. The movie ends so beautifully, I really don't want to see anything that comes after.

Speaking of which, the parallels between this and Twin Peaks: The Return are quite staggering. Without getting too spoiler-y about it, I noticed it almost immediately after watching 2049.

imail724
09-20-2018, 03:48 PM
I really don't want to see anything that comes after.
This is how I felt for years every time I heard talk about a sequel to the original. There was no way it would ever live up to the original and would end up just being forgotten to time while the original remained a classic. Boy was I wrong. I'm interested in anything they can come up with next as long as the right people are involved.

What parallels are you referring to between 2049 and Twin Peaks? As a big fan of both, I'm drawing a blank.

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-20-2018, 04:32 PM
I saw an article the other day that they might continue this as a TV series. Very sketchy details, and hopefully that's all that remains. The movie ends so beautifully, I really don't want to see anything that comes after.

I wouldn't say I'm interested in anything that comes after, but I'd definitely say that I'd be interested in other parts of the universe that could be explored in a high-production series. Maybe as a chronicle of just a few stories and events in the Bladerunner universe? Kinda like The Animatrix, but live-action. It wouldn't even have to have anything to do with the events of 2049, but maybe connect things tangentially.

onthewall2983
09-20-2018, 08:36 PM
What parallels are you referring to between 2049 and Twin Peaks? As a big fan of both, I'm drawing a blank.

I wrote about it on my Letterboxd (major spoilers for both). (https://letterboxd.com/onthewall2983/list/spoilers-blade-runner-2049-and-twin-peaks/) Looking back it's not the most precise account of why I feel there are similarities between the two, but I think I make a strong argument as to how they both made me feel.

Superficially there are two more direct parallels: David Dastmalchian's characters in both meet rather gruesome fates, and there is a brief visual effect featuring an infinity symbol in 2049 that almost looks the exact same as the one seen in the later episode of TP.

chuckrh
09-21-2018, 01:46 AM
the 4K UHD of 2049 is spectacular. 1 of the first UHD discs i bought. the original is pretty awesome, too.

Haysey_Draws
09-21-2018, 03:24 AM
The movie did end on a perfect note, and as much as i was blown away it managed to match the original i find it hard to believe someone might do it again with another direct follow up.

That being said, i agree a show expending on the world built by the movies would/could be excellent!

onthewall2983
09-21-2018, 10:44 PM
I'm behind anything which would give Dave Bautista's character something more to do.

onthewall2983
04-14-2019, 09:23 PM
As it turns out, the TV show will be an anime series for Adult Swim, and it takes place in 2032 (https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/29/18118112/blade-runner-black-lotus-anime-cowboy-bebop-ghost-in-the-shell). I'm way more interested in this as it will obviously be more of a bridge between the two films than the three shorts which were released in advance of 2049. I really hope that Dave Bautista's character Sapper will not only be in it but have a featured role.

That actually leads me to something I kind of figured out for myself that was some clever storytelling, concerning the Blackout which is the subject of the animated short. I think it would be fair to say that for a lot of this kind of film-making, 9/11 and the fallout from which weighs heavily on this generation of directors and writers, if even subconsciously so. It's never been very far from the headlines almost 20 years on now, and I feel like this is somehow reflected in the world of 2049. That somehow the world established in the original film was on the edge of such a widespread catastrophe, though maybe dimly aware of how destructive it could be.

I'm just kind of spit-balling this, but thinking about it makes it feel truer to the real world than I even initially imagined.

Erneuert
09-20-2019, 04:27 AM
Watched this for the first time with my daughter last night as it just happened to be on TV. Thoroughly enjoyed it, more than I thought I would.

eversonpoe
09-20-2019, 02:04 PM
Watched this for the first time with my daughter last night as it just happened to be on TV. Thoroughly enjoyed it, more than I thought I would.

yeah i went in with zero expectations and i ended up loving it

also, i ordered the score from Mondo like almost a month ago and it hasn't shipped. i sent them an e-mail for a support request two days ago and have heard nothing​. wtf?

richardp
09-20-2019, 04:22 PM
also, i ordered the score from Mondo like almost a month ago and it hasn't shipped. i sent them an e-mail for a support request two days ago and have heard nothing​. wtf?

Mondo truly shit the bed when Justin was forced out. It's a damn shame.

eversonpoe
09-20-2019, 11:21 PM
Mondo truly shit the bed when Justin was forced out. It's a damn shame.

wait, what??? i had no idea he wasn't part of the company anymore!

onthewall2983
09-20-2019, 11:30 PM
Interesting they made a vinyl release for this at all. I'm no expert on it, but I do know that the lows on it are pretty damn low and I've got to think that would affect the overall quality a little. It's barely listenable on my iPod, without turning the EQ off.

richardp
09-21-2019, 02:42 PM
wait, what??? i had no idea he wasn't part of the company anymore!

Yeah man Justin got pushed out a few years ago. He’s from KC so he would come into the Alamo Drafthouse that I was a manager at time to time. But basically if I recall correctly, Justin got pushed out because the people at Alamo headquarters who owned Mondo wanted Mondo to become the big Spencer’s-Esque shit show it is now and Justin was only interested in keeping Mondo about the prints and music. So when he wouldn’t budge, Mondo essentially forced him to “step down”. Now he has zero stake in the company he started.

he told me and another guy I worked with about a whole bunch of ideas that he had for specific soundtrack packages that the company has no interest in pursuing. They didn’t want to put in the extra effort. One he was super excited about, which I think this was lightly discussed at one of the MondoCon panels, but he was trying to get copies of Black Swan presses with real black and white feathers in the wax. Shit like that.

But yeah pretty much the moment in time you can remember Mondo suddenly dropping dramatically in quality was when Justin was no longer involved.

bobbie solo
09-22-2019, 02:23 AM
the 4K UHD of 2049 is spectacular. 1 of the first UHD discs i bought. the original is pretty awesome, too.

I also highly recommend watching the 4K movie with a proper surround sound system that can play Dolby Atmos. The score, sfx etc sound HUGE & all-encompassing via Atmos. Just gorgeous.

Erneuert
09-23-2019, 01:00 AM
I like how the red sky scenes were inspired by how the dust storms looked down here in Australia a few years back.

october_midnight
01-23-2020, 01:31 PM
Villeneuve wants to return to the Blade Runner world with a new story. (https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3601897/denis-villeneuve-wants-return-world-blade-runner-non-sequel-sort-way/?fbclid=IwAR2p2wKnAtUgTcBpdgdml9qKFeRkLjpPhjOuqmDV izk45wHzz4jjoxzG10Q)

Yes please.

eversonpoe
01-23-2020, 01:45 PM
Villeneuve wants to return to the Blade Runner world with a new story. (https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3601897/denis-villeneuve-wants-return-world-blade-runner-non-sequel-sort-way/?fbclid=IwAR2p2wKnAtUgTcBpdgdml9qKFeRkLjpPhjOuqmDV izk45wHzz4jjoxzG10Q)

Yes please.

don't remember if i said it in this thread already but i actually liked 2049 more than the original so i am so on board for more from denis

GibbonBlack
01-23-2020, 06:42 PM
don't remember if i said it in this thread already but i actually liked 2049 more than the original so i am so on board for more from denis

Me too. I put it up there with Terminator 2 and The Godfather Part Two, and I really don't say that lightly

Haysey_Draws
01-24-2020, 02:37 AM
Honestly i'd watch hours of just random footage shot by Denis in that world with it's BEAUTIFUL cinematography and droning score!

fillow
01-24-2020, 03:23 AM
Honestly i'd watch hours of just random footage shot by Denis Roger Deakins in that world with it's BEAUTIFUL cinematography and droning score!
Fixed that fo ya. But yeah, Dennis did a really good job and totally deserves a carte blanche on future projects.

r_z
09-02-2020, 03:33 PM
Can't decide if I like the second one more than the first one. Its narrative is more gripping and the first one has more flaws overall, but then again there wouldn't be a follow up if it weren't for the original and despite its flaws it has THAT atmosphere. Also, the score!

eversonpoe
09-02-2020, 04:52 PM
Can't decide if I like the second one more than the first one. Its narrative is more gripping and the first one has more flaws overall, but then again there wouldn't be a follow up if it weren't for the original and despite its flaws it has THAT atmosphere. Also, the score!

i love both but i find the sequel far more compelling and i'm able to connect with it far more deeply on an emotional level.

also, i think both scores (while very different) are excellent.

sonic_discord
09-03-2020, 02:47 AM
I'm with @eversonpoe (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=588) on this one. I only recently saw Blade Runner 2049 (like 3 weeks ago) and I loved it and wondered why I hadn't watched it earlier. I've even owned it for over a year, but only recently actually watched it. I was waiting for my wife at first, but after realizing that she didn't have much interest in it, I was planning to prepare by re-watching the original, which I'd have to be in the right mood to throw on because I find it to be extremely slow at times. That exposition dump in the beginning is all the reminder you really need, though.

Space Suicide
09-06-2020, 10:10 PM
My fandom propelled for the series recently from a watch binge led to me to buying a super awesome silk canvas poster for 2049, professionally printed. I'll share in this thread whenever I get it and a frame.

This one:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ae/0c/1c/ae0c1c180a4bde92bcec6fe2401ca408.jpg

allegate
09-07-2020, 05:36 PM
Every time I see this movie title I think of this game. Still the best version of Rush and I wish they'd do an HD remake of it or even the whole series, something.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51fYVEpxrLL._SR600,315_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

That said, I need to watch the movie. I also need to watch the first one with my son so it's in the queue.

Detunez
09-07-2020, 09:44 PM
Don't forget to watch the short animated episodes which are officialy part of Blade Runner 2049. They contain small pieces of the figurative puzzle.

Space Suicide
10-08-2020, 08:14 PM
My fandom propelled for the series recently from a watch binge led to me to buying a super awesome silk canvas poster for 2049, professionally printed. I'll share in this thread whenever I get it and a frame.

The USPS is crap.

https://i.imgur.com/B5Ru0m8.jpg?1

wight rabbit
10-08-2020, 08:29 PM
The USPS is crap.

https://i.imgur.com/B5Ru0m8.jpg?1

What happened?

Space Suicide
10-08-2020, 08:35 PM
What happened?

It was shipped from a foreign country and got to the US in 5 days. It then took nearly 3 and a half weeks to get from NYC to NC. It was shipped incorrectly twice to different cities and one was a city in a different state. Huge gaps between updates (like 4-6 days) and to top it off I couldn't get any info regarding its whereabouts after the last forwarded address correction. I know the pandemic has things stifled and halted a bit but 3 and a half weeks? Fuck off. Piss poor.

wight rabbit
10-08-2020, 09:57 PM
It was shipped from a foreign country and got to the US in 5 days. It then took nearly 3 and a half weeks to get from NYC to NC. It was shipped incorrectly twice to different cities and one was a city in a different state. Huge gaps between updates (like 4-6 days) and to top it off I couldn't get any info regarding its whereabouts after the last forwarded address correction. I know the pandemic has things stifled and halted a bit but 3 and a half weeks? Fuck off. Piss poor.

Oh, wow! Yeah, that's rough. Glad you finally got it, though. Looks good!

Prettybrokenspiral
10-18-2020, 01:49 PM
I've seen the original BR (all 500 versions of it) like 100 times. 2049 is amazing visually and viscerally and I could watch that one over and over and over again at will, too..

For anyone here who is into video games, they're working on some kind of remastered deluxe edition of the 1997 Blade Runner "sidequel" game that was originally for PC, but will be available for purchase (and playable) on the PS4 online store. It was supposed to come out this year but they're still working on it and it looks like it's been pushed to 2021, which is fine because it got pretty great reviews at the time of its release, is rare af and will be the first time many fans of the series will have access to it..

october_midnight
10-19-2020, 08:49 AM
I heard about that...has anyone here actually played the original?

r_z
10-19-2020, 09:37 AM
Yeah, I still have the original digipak with the CD-Roms in it lying around somewhere. It was a nice point and click adventure game.

The new character models looked a bit 90's... with their goatees and hairstyles and leathercoats and whatnot.

dlb
10-19-2020, 09:53 AM
It is as the title says only "enhanced" though. 60 frames and 4k resolution afaik but I guess the playability will be greatly enhanced as well with no more discs to switch and a more stable framerate. Looking forward to play that more than Cyberpunk 2077 which mostly lacks that gritty retro-futuristic aspect of Cyberpunk for me.

A little off-topic: There are quite a few (indie-)games in developement, mostly pixel art, that I'm looking forward alot that have a similar aesthetic, namely Lacuna, The Drifter and of course the long awaited The Last Night (which will probably never be released...). I also need to give Cloudpunk a playthrough once it gets it's latest update.

r_z
10-19-2020, 10:11 AM
A little off-topic: There are quite a few (indie-)games in developement, mostly pixel art, that I'm looking forward alot that have a similar aesthetic, namely Lacuna, The Drifter and of course the long awaited The Last Night (which will probably never be released...). I also need to give Cloudpunk a playthrough once it gets it's latest update.
Did you check out "Gemini Rue"? It's a few years old at this point, but has that BR future noir kinda vibe to it. It's very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foZp9ToBewA

dlb
10-19-2020, 10:16 AM
Nice, will check that out!

october_midnight
02-11-2022, 01:03 PM
I may pass out.

Amazon fast tracking Ridley Scott-led 'Blade Runner 2099' series. (https://deadline.com/2022/02/blade-runner-2099-sequel-series-ridley-scott-amazon-1234931521/)

october_midnight
09-15-2022, 11:23 AM
I may pass out.

Amazon fast tracking Ridley Scott-led 'Blade Runner 2099' series. (https://deadline.com/2022/02/blade-runner-2099-sequel-series-ridley-scott-amazon-1234931521/)

Posted in the random news thread, but to keep things up to date here as well:

Ridley Scott produced 'Blade Runner 2099' picked up by Amazon. (https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/blade-runner-2049-sequel-series-amazon-1235373625/)

bobbie solo
09-23-2022, 02:15 AM
2049 is now on Netflix as well.

october_midnight
05-07-2024, 09:22 AM
Michelle Yeoh cast in lead role for Blade Runner 2099 Amazon series. (https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/michelle-yeoh-blade-runner-2049-sequel-series-amazon-1235993492/)