PDA

View Full Version : The Dragonball Franchise

Pages : 1 [2]

SM Rollinger
04-19-2019, 12:47 PM
It's too bad Funimation can't get anything better than 3rd gen SVHS masters from Toei.

It's also a shame that the Buy saga in Kai is cropped to widescreen.

I love Dragonball but it's always just so painful to watch!

ImTheWiseJanitor
04-19-2019, 02:02 PM
Well, if that doesn't interest you, perhaps you'd like Dragon Ball Super: Broly with an unnecessary green tint, shitty subtitles, and dynamic issues on the English audio track? FFS.

So up until a few minutes ago, any time I read someone say something about the “green tint,” I’ve assumed they were talking about like a slight green tint that was applied to the movie for some reason. I had no idea the green tint was a physical change to to disc itself that was causing problems for consumers. Eesh, and I was even considering picking it up this weekend...

Jon
04-19-2019, 10:54 PM
So up until a few minutes ago, any time I read someone say something about the “green tint,” I’ve assumed they were talking about like a slight green tint that was applied to the movie for some reason. I had no idea the green tint was a physical change to to disc itself that was causing problems for consumers. Eesh, and I was even considering picking it up this weekend...

So far, it appears to be exclusive to the Funimation/US home releases (this includes store exclusives); the upcoming Manga UK releases are confirmed to have accurate color timing/grading (Region B locked). The Toei/Japan release is in mid-June, but will (obviously) not be English-friendly.

There is also a Periscoop/Dutch (https://www.bol.com/nl/p/dragon-ball-super-broly/9200000108945802/) version that releases a few days before the Manga UK version. The company has a precedent of releasing region-free discs, even though they are advertised as Region B locked.