PDA

View Full Version : Max Payne 3

PooPooMeowChow
05-14-2012, 03:02 PM
First reviews are looking good.
Can't wait to get this tomorrow. Really excited to try multiplayer!

kdrcraig
05-14-2012, 03:25 PM
The multi-player does sound awesome, I won't get into that until after I play through the campaign though. The first two games are up there with my favorites of all time, so pumped to play this tomorrow.

Space Suicide
05-14-2012, 03:51 PM
Wanted this but never bothered to pre-order it. I don't have the funds to get it either, sucks. Oh well, I'll get it a few weeks or months from now.

thelastdisciple
05-14-2012, 04:19 PM
I'm going at midnight to pick this bad boy up!

Max Payne is without a doubt my favorite game of all time.

I'm kind of reformed since the first details of the game, actually i was a straight up hater but I'll be damned if i didn't say i was stoked to play it now.

and yeah fuck multiplayer as far as I'm concerned, the single player is WHY anyone played the first games to begin with so i don't know why anyone would want to betray that and buy it for any other reason.

I'm in it for the story and characters, i don't care if it's linear... it's not meant to be a Grand Theft Auto game despite the developers.

PooPooMeowChow
05-14-2012, 05:21 PM
Yeha single player is where it's at.
I have very good memories of gunnin through the subway station with dual sawed offs.

kdrcraig
05-14-2012, 05:38 PM
Have you guys watched the Design and Tech Series videos they released for this? They're pretty bad ass, since the game is out tomorrow it doesn't really matter to watch them at this point but they showed off some of the cool things they're doing with it.

thelastdisciple
05-14-2012, 05:48 PM
There was a cool special that GT TV did and they interviewed James McCaffrey which was really cool to see considering he hadn't done any live video interviews for the prior 2 games.

Would love to see that guy in more movies/shows.

Hopefully however the ending of Max 3 ended up provided the character doesn't die, he'll be back again for more games.

Space Suicide
05-14-2012, 06:27 PM
Status Update: Trading 3 games with 50% bonus trade-in and price matching my Witcher 2 copy I got last week for an $11.00 rebate. Best Buy: 10:00 a.m. Here I come.

Verdict; I get it!

kdrcraig
05-15-2012, 07:03 AM
This work day is going to take for-fucking-ever.

Space Suicide
05-15-2012, 12:55 PM
Not to brag but I am am-fuckin-azing at multiplayer on this. I just went 16/4 in TDM.

I think playing Uncharted's multiplayer helped a lot.

Piko
05-15-2012, 01:40 PM
We'll see about that. Hopefully it'll be there waiting for me when I get home.

PooPooMeowChow
05-15-2012, 03:43 PM
I decided to beat Gears 3 first for a trade in. I haven't touched it since I bought the first week it came out. :/

Space Suicide
05-15-2012, 04:39 PM
I decided to beat Gears 3 first for a trade in. I haven't touched it since I bought the first week it came out. :/

Lame! I hardly stopped playing it since launch. I love Gears 3. <3

Max Payne is quite tactical and can be difficult in the single player. Cool though and multiplayer is a blast. A real highlight, whether anyone wants to believe it or not.

Amaro
05-15-2012, 05:28 PM
So this is, like, good?

kdrcraig
05-15-2012, 05:51 PM
The single player is kicking my ass and I'm only playing on Normal. I don't remember the other games being anywhere near this hard.

Is anyone having any audio issues in single player? Right at the beginning of chapter 4 when you're in the bar the dialogue cuts out, I can still hear the bar music but nothing else. As soon as I shoot that jersey trash kid it comes back in back I can't hear what anyone is saying during that entire cut scene. I started a new game and got back to that point real quick but it happened again. I've had the audio cut out a couple other times too but not during a cut scene when I needed to hear what people were saying, also had it freeze on a loading screen once already.

Piko
05-15-2012, 09:01 PM
The single player is kicking my ass and I'm only playing on Normal. I don't remember the other games being anywhere near this hard.

Same here. Having fun with it, but I've been dying ALOT.

PooPooMeowChow
05-15-2012, 09:05 PM
Lame! I hardly stopped playing it since launch. I love Gears 3. <3

I played it a few times when i first got it, it was fun as fuck but I got drawn into Skyrim, Dead Island and BF3. :/

Space Suicide
05-15-2012, 09:08 PM
Same here. Having fun with it, but I've been dying ALOT.

Yeah, Chapter 3 when you run past the first sniper I must've died say...15 times, no joke. Hard as hell and you take massive damage. I'm playing on Medium.

thelastdisciple
05-15-2012, 09:14 PM

Is anyone having any audio issues in single player? Right at the beginning of chapter 4 when you're in the bar the dialogue cuts out, I can still hear the bar music but nothing else. As soon as I shoot that jersey trash kid it comes back in back I can't hear what anyone is saying during that entire cut scene. I started a new game and got back to that point real quick but it happened again. I've had the audio cut out a couple other times too but not during a cut scene when I needed to hear what people were saying, also had it freeze on a loading screen once already.

I've had the audio cut out on me as well in that level but only for a brief couple seconds or so.... actually even along with the audio i think the video glitched out and dropped a frame or two or something cause i swear when it came back i missed something.. not too much but like somebody moving a couple feet or turning around and i was like whoa what happened there but yeah definitely the audio glitched out.

Also i noticed sometimes the stylized words that are written over the scenes sometimes they just flash on the screen so fast you can barely make it out you just know that there were words there.

Some graphical clipping and glitches here and there I have noticed too, primarily on the docks level.

I've got the PS3 version.

Other than that no problems, no lag or slow downs (despite the obvious lol) or anything.

Ruined
05-15-2012, 09:23 PM
Anybody else have trouble logging on to Rockstar for MP? I've been trying to play on PS3 and not been able to get through.

thelastdisciple
05-15-2012, 09:42 PM
lol according to my Social Club stats I've died 83 times.

The Becoming
05-15-2012, 09:56 PM
I'm absolutely in love with this game. It's bringing back memories of me playing the first two. I don't know about anyone else but I love the fact that there isn't regenerative health. I also turned that hard-lock aiming bullshit off. Free aim. The way Max Payne is supposed to be played. And HEALTH's soundtrack brings out the dark mood of the game so well.

Space Suicide
05-15-2012, 10:16 PM
Rockstar servers have been down and on randomly for a few hours.

I have 105 G in the game so far. Sweet.

I'm a monster at this multiplayer, I tell ya. I love it.

kdrcraig
05-16-2012, 07:06 AM
I've had the audio cut out on me as well in that level but only for a brief couple seconds or so.... actually even along with the audio i think the video glitched out and dropped a frame or two or something cause i swear when it came back i missed something.. not too much but like somebody moving a couple feet or turning around and i was like whoa what happened there but yeah definitely the audio glitched out.

At least it's not just me, I was worrying that maybe something was wrong with my copy of the game, I'm on PS3 as well. I can't decide if I'm going to start over again on Normal to see if it happens again or just continue on my Easy game. I tried chapter selecting to the last checkpoint of Chapter 3 but after you finish the level it just kicks you back to the main menu, figured you'd be able to continue the game from a checkpoint but I guess not. I love the stories in these games and it's pissing me off that I'm missing everything that was said in that cut scene. Maybe I'll delete the game and save data and start over on Normal, worried that if it happened in that cut scene it will happen again in a later one.

The Becoming
05-16-2012, 08:46 AM
Just finished the main story. Wow. Rockstar is amazing at using certain songs at the perfect times (Red Dead when you first go to Mexico). You'll know what I'm talking about when you get to the final chapter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Piko
05-16-2012, 09:14 AM
Chapter 5! Afraid to even look to see how many times I've died. Also, unlike the first two games, I'm constantly running out of ammo; particularly in chapter two. The game's kicking my ass, but it still has me coming back for more.

Space Suicide
05-16-2012, 09:22 AM
I'll play and do my hardest to beat this by tonight or tomorrow. As long as I don't keep dying then I won't waste too much time.

thelastdisciple
05-16-2012, 02:25 PM
At least it's not just me, I was worrying that maybe something was wrong with my copy of the game, I'm on PS3 as well. I can't decide if I'm going to start over again on Normal to see if it happens again or just continue on my Easy game. I tried chapter selecting to the last checkpoint of Chapter 3 but after you finish the level it just kicks you back to the main menu, figured you'd be able to continue the game from a checkpoint but I guess not. I love the stories in these games and it's pissing me off that I'm missing everything that was said in that cut scene. Maybe I'll delete the game and save data and start over on Normal, worried that if it happened in that cut scene it will happen again in a later one.

Unfortunately it ended up happening to me again during the very end of the boat chase scene. :(

They better patch this or something! or i hope someone's aware of this.

kdrcraig
05-16-2012, 03:03 PM
Yikes, I might just mess around with the MP and wait for them to patch the glitches in the SP. Between how surprisingly hard it is on normal and the glitches I ran into I was kind of put off by this game yesterday. I'm not whining because it's harder than I thought it would be, it's still a blast, but the audio glitches kind of fucked up the SP experience for me.

thelastdisciple
05-16-2012, 03:42 PM
Happened upon yet another glitch, i ended up stuck in a bullet cam or something and the way it was angled or wherever it had finished as if it was going to sync back up with Max all you could see was a wooden cubicle partition meanwhile all the action was going on off screen and i was still on control of Max as far as gun fire but i couldn't see what i was doing at all, couldn't see any of my opponents i was basically playing blind for a brief moment, very messed up.

This was not too far into Chapter 6.

Space Suicide
05-16-2012, 06:01 PM
I had one problem with this game, my first. I went back to replay a checkpoint in Chapter 5 for an achievement and when I loaded the checkpoint the entire level was pretty much pitch black, with the only way to see was using Bullet Time. I ended getting past the part and the game corrected itself after the cutscene that followed. Odd!

kdrcraig
05-16-2012, 07:08 PM
Unfortunately it ended up happening to me again during the very end of the boat chase scene. :(

They better patch this or something! or i hope someone's aware of this.

I deleted my game data and my save, reinstalled everything and started a new game on Normal. The audio didn't glitch out in Chapter 4 this time, hopefully that will prevent it from happening later on.

I'm kicking a lot more ass today than I was yesterday, think it took a bit to get used to the aiming again and using cover, head shots are coming a lot easier. Only died maybe 3 or 4 times up to Chapter 5 compared to like 20 times to get to that point yesterday on Normal.

Piko
05-16-2012, 08:49 PM
Things are going better for me now. Guess I just needed to play more defensive. Plus, it didn't help much that I played the first two games recently. Loving this game!

And maybe I missed something. But why did he shave his head? to disguise himself?

Space Suicide
05-16-2012, 08:51 PM
Yeah, I'm not a pro but I am getting better at it.

kdrcraig
05-16-2012, 09:00 PM
Things are going better for me now. Guess I just needed to play more defensive. Plus, it didn't help much that I played the first two games recently. Loving this game!

And maybe I missed something. But why did he shave his head? to disguise himself?

Yeah I'm loving it now that I stopped just running and gunning, doesn't work like it did in the first two games. Now that I mix it up between cover, bullet dodge and bullet time I'm getting through tough parts within a few tries.

And yeah that's why I think he shaved his head, that's what I got from that cut scene anyway.

Piko
05-16-2012, 09:21 PM
Surprisingly, I don't use bullet dodging nearly as much as I had thought I would. Almost rare actually. If I know there's a guy or so around a corner, I might use it. But for the most part, it's been mostly cover and bullet time getting me through.

Space Suicide
05-16-2012, 09:41 PM

That and he insulted his grey hair.

He's such a drunken smartass. I love it

kdrcraig
05-16-2012, 09:43 PM
Surprisingly, I don't use bullet dodging nearly as much as I had thought I would. Almost rare actually. If I know there's a guy or so around a corner, I might use it. But for the most part, it's been mostly cover and bullet time getting me through.

Yeah that's kind of when I use it, but more often. When I know there's a couple more guys but can't see them from where I am in cover I just bullet dodge out of there and look around. Sometimes I get them and sometimes I don't but it's helping a lot because I was getting destroyed when I first started playing. I'm glad I got the hang of this game because I was getting worried it was going to be a let down because I sucked at it. But it's definitely awesome.

That and he insulted his grey hair.

He's such a drunken smartass. I love it

I'm loving that too. I'm getting a John McClaine vibe from Max in this game, "I'm old but still can fuck everyone up", I couldn't help but think of Die Hard in Chapter 3 when Max says "This is a bad idea"

Space Suicide
05-16-2012, 10:25 PM
Free Download of "MAX: THEME" by HEALTH is available and it rules. I always liked them but this makes me like them more. (http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/34171/download-max-theme-by-health-plus-more-updates-on-the-max-payne-.html)

thelastdisciple
05-17-2012, 12:58 AM
I have to say that Rockstar has definitely trimmed away a lot from the first games obviously it's expected especially to meet modern standards that along with a different developer but I'm not sure that I've really let that sink in yet, yeah the fact that you only have 3 weapon slots is more realistic but i miss having huge pockets and "guns, lots of guns", also i find the levels and environments, where you can go...etc. massively scaled down like this game almost feels even more linear than the others, you can't open lockers and cabinets, search drawers for painkillers and ammo.. stuff like that and what the hell... where's all the bathrooms full with (mostly pointless so that's probably why it was removed) interactions with the environment like turning on sinks, showers, flushing toilets... or my favorite in the raunchy hotel levels the vibrating beds! i miss stuff like that!

I miss unlimited shootdodge, they give it a freaking stamina meter... ugh sometimes realism sucks man.... i just want to play an unrealistic game where the laws of the real world don't apply..... (hey that kinda sounds like the Matrix!).

They also need to focus less on making games into interactive movies, that's what it's starting to feel like most of the time... too much scripted stuff and cut scenes.

Oh sorry since we want to "keep the game moving so that you never experience a dull beat" we're going to completely remove your gameplay privileges when you want to do something as simple and "time-consuming" as climbing a fucking ladder on your own.

This game isn't entirely on rails but it feels pretty close at times i have to say. Hmph... /end rant

I'm still loving the game despite all of this... i just.... ugh ..... fucking nostalgia... those first two games were completely solid experiences for me and I'm just having a hard time trying to separate them from the new game, it's probably just modern gaming trends in general fucking things up like it usually does.... i dunno i bet if the first games where made today i probably wouldn't like them at all.

bruised
05-17-2012, 08:42 AM
Tried multiplayer last night, that was fun. This game rules.

Piko
05-17-2012, 09:18 AM
I have to say that Rockstar has definitely trimmed away a lot from the first games obviously it's expected especially to meet modern standards that along with a different developer but I'm not sure that I've really let that sink in yet, yeah the fact that you only have 3 weapon slots is more realistic but i miss having huge pockets and "guns, lots of guns", also i find the levels and environments, where you can go...etc. massively scaled down like this game almost feels even more linear than the others, you can't open lockers and cabinets, search drawers for painkillers and ammo.. stuff like that and what the hell... where's all the bathrooms full with (mostly pointless so that's probably why it was removed) interactions with the environment like turning on sinks, showers, flushing toilets... or my favorite in the raunchy hotel levels the vibrating beds! i miss stuff like that!

I miss unlimited shootdodge, they give it a freaking stamina meter... ugh sometimes realism sucks man.... i just want to play an unrealistic game where the laws of the real world don't apply..... (hey that kinda sounds like the Matrix!).

They also need to focus less on making games into interactive movies, that's what it's starting to feel like most of the time... too much scripted stuff and cut scenes.

Oh sorry since we want to "keep the game moving so that you never experience a dull beat" we're going to completely remove your gameplay privileges when you want to do something as simple and "time-consuming" as climbing a fucking ladder on your own.

This game isn't entirely on rails but it feels pretty close at times i have to say. Hmph... /end rant

I'm still loving the game despite all of this... i just.... ugh ..... fucking nostalgia... those first two games were completely solid experiences for me and I'm just having a hard time trying to separate them from the new game, it's probably just modern gaming trends in general fucking things up like it usually does.... i dunno i bet if the first games where made today i probably wouldn't like them at all.

Aside from the weapons, I don't really see too much difference. The first two games were very linear. Yeah, you got to roam.around a little, but there was always that one door you can get through. Yeah, in this day in age, exploration means alot. But Max Payne was never really about that. It was about moving forward, gunning down every thug in your way, and the narrative. To me, it's very much more refined version of what the older games are. And I think Rockstar nailed it perfectly. Of course, they added their own bit of flair to it. But, the one thing I really miss are the lack of the comic-like narratives. You sorta get it at points, but not really.

And I've yet to touch the multiplayer. Think I'm gonna hold off until after I finish the story.

Chapter 8!

Also, I miss me some Noir Max. Yeah, we get some. And sure, New Max is pretty badass as well. But ill probably always be a bit more biased towards the noir stuff. I miss me some Mona...

Vertigo
05-17-2012, 01:04 PM
Well, the levels may have been strictly linear in the old Paynes, but you could interact with virtually everything in them. A lot of the fun was in exploring each area for a cupboard with a shotgun, or an easter egg in an obscure part of a level, or the ultimate prize of a hidden stash (of which there were many, particularly in the first game). Interactivity must be negligable if that's gone and the levels are still just as singular-coursed...

Also sad to hear they're limiting the number of weapons you can carry. The "guns, lots of guns" approach of the previous Paynes was something I always loved, and even took it further by modding each weapon with endless ammo carrying capacity. Very much hoping we get some mod tools for the new one.

Sounds like the gunplay and storytelling are just as top-notch as ever, though. Looking forward to my Steam copy unlocking.

Space Suicide
05-17-2012, 01:27 PM
Just finished Chapter IX. 220 G. Fun, fun, fun.

I'm really glad I traded shit in to get this Day One. Excellente.

exilajei
05-17-2012, 10:13 PM
This has really exceeded all my expectations.... haven't finished part 2 yet, but I'm loving it. Somehow the added euphoria physics (or whatever their engine is called) makes bullet time so much more over the top and badass.

thelastdisciple
05-18-2012, 12:13 AM
I've just started into Part 3 and checked out my stats so far, holy crap... 357 painkillers taken........ i don't think there are even that many in both Max 1 and 2 combined... that's just crazy. Either the health is totally metered down or the A.I. is just ridiculous, it's probably a case of both.. but holy fuck...and now I've died 209 times during the campaign... yikes.

Spent over an hour and a half in cover, i guess that's understandable as those damn favelas are insane...all those assholes on the rooftops that you can't shootdodge. Almost 30 minutes spent in prone.

My highest kill streak is only 5 :(

It's hard to aim i find and the reticle disappears in all the debris and smoke, end up guessing where the heck I'm shooting half of the time.

I think i probably just suck at this game lol

Piko
05-18-2012, 08:58 AM
Have yet to see my stats... don't think I'll like what ill see, heh. I'm willing to bet though that I spent the most time in cover.

thelastdisciple
05-18-2012, 10:57 AM
Did anybody bother to watch the TVs in their playthrough(s)?

There's a very nice throwback to Max Payne 1 from Captain Baseball Bat Boy

Piko
05-18-2012, 11:31 AM
I saw some. Baseball Bat Boy brought a smile to my face.

kdrcraig
05-18-2012, 11:43 AM
Yeah I saw the Baseball Bat Boy one, I saw one other one but had no clue what it was and can't even remember it.

Space Suicide
05-18-2012, 06:07 PM
Beat it this afternoon. Phenomenal game! 390 G (at the moment) and Level 8 on multiplayer. I'm going to go all out on this game for sure.

Also, I'm stoked about the soundtrack tomorrow. HEALTH did top notch with this game.

thelastdisciple
05-18-2012, 06:16 PM
The part where Max detonates the C4 and the building is coming down is absolutely kicking my ass right now! what's the best way to kill those heavy gunner guards with like no ammo and no health? I'm sure you know the ones i mean.

Space Suicide
05-18-2012, 06:58 PM
The part where Max detonates the C4 and the building is coming down is absolutely kicking my ass right now! what's the best way to kill those heavy gunner guards with like no ammo and no health? I'm sure you know the ones i mean.

Wing it and stay in cover 99% of the gunfight. Backtrack for more ammo and other guns. each time you die you exponentially get more painkillers to help you get through. One point during Chapter 3 got so bad I must've played it about 15 times and when I respawned at the checkpoint I had 5 painkillers stacked.

thelastdisciple
05-18-2012, 07:08 PM
I hate that one too because you're sort of on a time limit, if you're not fast enough the whole building goes down, infuriates me when i get a good clear shot and then the stupid building crumbles and screws up my aiming even more lol it was bad enough as it is.

Space Suicide
05-18-2012, 07:27 PM
I hate that one too because you're sort of on a time limit, if you're not fast enough the whole building goes down, infuriates me when i get a good clear shot and then the stupid building crumbles and screws up my aiming even more lol it was bad enough as it is.

Yeah, the building is tricky. Especially getting that headshot during one of the tremors achievement. I got it but by pure luck and blind fire. Well, the achievement title kinda is named after luck so...haha

Piko
05-19-2012, 10:44 AM
Caved and played the multiplayer. Wow, I was garbage. One kill... chapter 13 though!

Edit - Finished. Damn, that was great. Here's hope for.another!

kdrcraig
05-19-2012, 03:20 PM
Just finished, what a fantastic game. The whole final level was awesome and very challenging, gonna be a bitch on the higher difficulties.

Gonna check out the multiplayer here in a bit.

thelastdisciple
05-19-2012, 06:36 PM
Yeah i just finally finished the campaign myself here about an hour ago (4:30), so that brings me to having started it on Tuesday and i probably played for on average 3.5 hours a day i think, maybe a bit longer just today.. it says that my time played is 18:09:36 so i think that's close to about right.

Whoa that whole ending segment!

SINGLE PLAYER STATISTICS

DEATHS 328

HEADSHOTS 845

BULLETS FIRED 30364

KILLS IN BULLET TIME 683

KILLS WHILE BLIND FIRING 8

KILLS WHILE SHOOT DODGING 437

KILLS WHILE CROUCHING 45

KILLS WHILE ON BACK 32

DUAL WIELD 497

DISTANCE TRAVELED 54,956 M.

LAST STANDS SURVIVED 417

TIME SPENT IN COVER 03:51:00.010

TIME SPENT PRONE 37:07.360

TIMES DIED WHILE PRONE 24

Piko
05-19-2012, 07:29 PM
How do you find your stats?

thelastdisciple
05-19-2012, 07:47 PM
How do you find your stats?
You have to make an account and log in at http://socialclub.rockstargames.com

Space Suicide
05-19-2012, 09:45 PM
deaths 112

headshots 946

bullets fired 9785

kills in bullet time 1056

kills while blind firing 11

kills while shoot dodging 149

kills while crouching 14

kills while on back 3

dual wield 0

distance traveled 36,496 m.

last stands survived 165

time spent in cover 01:47:51.220

time spent prone 05:24.968

times died while prone 1

kdrcraig
05-19-2012, 11:13 PM
Broke out the PS2 to play the first two games again, pretty rough on the eyes. Using cheats to fly through them then gonna go back to this to finish the collectibles. I really don't know if I'll be able to get through this on the higher difficulties, normal was pretty rough.

BatBrain
05-20-2012, 01:43 PM
deaths 112

headshots 946

bullets fired 9785

kills in bullet time 1056

kills while blind firing 11

kills while shoot dodging 149

kills while crouching 14

kills while on back 3

dual wield 0

distance traveled 36,496 m.

last stands survived 165

time spent in cover 01:47:51.220

time spent prone 05:24.968

times died while prone 1

Zero Dual Wield? But it's so much fun!

Space Suicide
05-20-2012, 03:28 PM
Zero Dual Wield? But it's so much fun!

I preferred to have a rifle or shotgun at all times. Multiplayer though....dual wield shines!

I'm surprised at how little I died in this after looking at the stats. Wow!

thelastdisciple
05-20-2012, 03:39 PM
Those stats you posted almost look frozen before you even finished the campaign or broken, how the hell.. especially in comparison to mine.... holy christ.

Space Suicide
05-20-2012, 05:17 PM
Those stats you posted almost look frozen before you even finished the campaign or broken, how the hell.. especially in comparison to mine.... holy christ.

Haha, nah. I finished it Friday afternoon. I got those stats last night. Legit!

http://live.xbox.com/en-US/Activity/Details?titleId=1414793323

I'm used to playing Insane in Gears of War and Uncharted's multiplayer so staying in cover and third-person shooter chaos comes a bit easy to me these days. This game was still hard as hell though.

bruised
05-22-2012, 09:24 AM
Where can I view my stats like that?

Piko
05-26-2012, 09:52 AM
Beasting online today. First time I've actually sat down and really played multiplayer. Ready to unlock Payne Killer and the other modes. My rank's only at 4 right now. Do I need to reach a certain rank to unlock the other modes? Because it's saying "training".

Space Suicide
05-26-2012, 10:03 AM
Breasting online today. First time I've actually sat down and really played multiplayer. Ready to unlock Payne Killer and the other modes. My rank's only at 4 right now. Do I need to reach a certain rank to unlock the other modes? Because it's saying "training".

To unlock standard playlists you need to register 100 kills. To unlock hardcore modes one has to reach 5000 kills. Bit steep to me. I'm level 8 I believe.

Piko
05-26-2012, 11:43 AM
Way I was going, I could probably pull that off today. My nerves, unfortunately, started getting to me and I had to turn it off...

owinn
06-06-2012, 09:21 AM
Wow, Rockstar finally did a great job on a PC version of a game! This baby looks amazing in DX11 and runs smooth like butter, didn't have to spend an afternoon tweaking any settings and managed to jump straight into the game. Really enjoying it so far.

Jinsai
07-09-2012, 11:33 PM
I don't know how I feel about this game. On one hand, it's incredibly brutal and intense, and that's a good thing. It just doesn't hold my interest really. I've been renting it from Gamefly, and I keep feeling like it's a chore to boot it up.

chris
07-10-2012, 01:07 AM
I got into big trouble with this game on vacation. I had just booted it up and been playing it for about 10 minutes when my 5 year old nephew started bugging me to play, so I finally gave in. His mother walks in right when the f-bombs start flying and people's skulls are getting blown off. BIG mistake on my part. Anyway, I just finished it. The mechanics were great. I started out not really using bullet-time but I realized there were some parts where there was no way I was going to get through it without using it. The parts where Max was jumping/hanging from something mid-air and it went automatically into slow-motion were really fun. They did a good job of setting the atmosphere on a lot of the levels (nightclub, office, yacht, airport, etc.). The changeup in Max's appearance were cool and Health's soundtrack was great. That being said, as a third person shooter, I'm not sure it tops Uncharted 2 or 3. Some of the levels on those games were unforgettable (the sinking ship on Uncharted 3 comes to mind). I think people are getting bored with third person shooters, so Rockstar tried to compensate by making it extremely violent. It falls short of the innovations they made with Read Dead Redemption and LA Noire.

PooPooMeowChow
09-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Finally got around to buying this. It was on sale for 29.99$;)
I'm about half way through Story Mode and it's really bad ass, like it should be.
After 3 games in multiplayer (free aim) I was best on my team all 3 times. The whole time complaining about how badly I'm doing. wtf?
Also I guess the shot gun isn't very useful? I was shooting people in the face with it and they'd kill me with 3 nut shots from the AK.

Edit: it turns out i was in the noob playlist:rolleyes:

kdrcraig
09-05-2012, 07:14 AM
I know this has been said before, but I just watched Man on Fire again last night and holy hell this game really does rip off a lot of the visual style from that movie. The text showing up on screen and the way the cut scenes are put together are pulled right out of it. Great game but wow did they rip that movie off.

PooPooMeowChow
09-20-2012, 11:09 AM
Man is it ever sad to see practically no one in the Free Aim play lists.
:(

Space Suicide
09-20-2012, 05:41 PM
Man is it ever sad to see practically no one in the Free Aim play lists.
:(

I know right? I bought the Local Justice map pack when it was on sale a few weeks ago and I was stuck playing it in soft aim since there was one person in free aim. I suck really bad at the soft aim multiplayer mode. I get killed too easily and I hate the slight snap-to aim bot.

I rule and dominate on free aim but it's starting to go dead. On Xbox, the MP3 multiplayer is starting to go dead anyways...hardly anyone plays.

FernandoDante
09-22-2012, 08:06 PM
I know right? I bought the Local Justice map pack when it was on sale a few weeks ago and I was stuck playing it in soft aim since there was one person in free aim. I suck really bad at the soft aim multiplayer mode. I get killed too easily and I hate the slight snap-to aim bot.

I rule and dominate on free aim but it's starting to go dead. On Xbox, the MP3 multiplayer is starting to go dead anyways...hardly anyone plays.
I keep waiting for "the one" multiplayer game on PS3 that works great and has lots of people playing. I thought MP3 would be it, but instead found a broken experience that's fun when it works, but is still too damn difficult and doesn't have that many people playing. I already lost count of how many times my Gang Wars matches crashed halfway through. A shame, really.

Piko
09-22-2012, 08:40 PM
That's PSN for you... Get what you pay for.

Space Suicide
09-22-2012, 11:55 PM
Oh yeah, Triple XP Weekend on the multiplayer for this as of Friday.

thelastdisciple
09-23-2012, 12:02 AM
Multiplayer still just hasn't really grabbed me.

Hmph..

FernandoDante
09-23-2012, 11:48 AM
Oh yeah, Triple XP Weekend on the multiplayer for this as of Friday.
Why the fuck did I only read this on Sunday.

PooPooMeowChow
09-25-2012, 11:33 AM
So clearly dual pistols are more deadly than anything else in multiplayer.

Space Suicide
09-25-2012, 12:13 PM
So clearly dual pistols are more deadly than anything else in multiplayer.

Yeah, I find that a bit fucked. I'll be shooting a guy with an M16 for several moment and he levels me in half the amount of time while shooting at the same time.

Piko
09-25-2012, 12:47 PM
That's how its always been in all of the games though. Dual weapons are obviously going to pack more of a punch.

PooPooMeowChow
09-25-2012, 04:10 PM
While thats true in real life, in a game it throws things out of wack.
They make most other guns useless and makes you not even wanna play if you don't have them unlocked.

Space Suicide
09-25-2012, 10:18 PM
That's a major gripe of mine: multiplayer modes and games that give players edge due to certain weapons, items or perks. Also when time is involved and someone got it on launch and you get it several months later and they're unkillable/unstoppable due to it. it's absolute horseshit.

Truly makes newcomers or late buyers really SOL for fun and kills.

wizfan
03-25-2013, 10:37 AM
Little late to the party, but I just finished the single player. Wow.

kdrcraig
03-25-2013, 11:06 AM
Little late to the party, but I just finished the single player. Wow.

Yeah it was pretty awesome. I've been meaning to go back and play through this again, gotta get around to that.