PDA

View Full Version : Warhawk/Starhawk

Wretchedest
05-09-2012, 02:00 AM
Has anybody else ever played Warhawk? I originally bought the game because it came with a blue tooth headset, and at the time it was one of the only ps3 games I owned. But it was so awesome! The flight mechancs were great, the way you could go from hovering to jet mode. The whole thing fealt very casual and very satisfying, while maintaining HUGE maps with a whole lot of people.

Ans so here comes Starhawk and I'm hearing some great things and it looks great.... it look svery different, now though... the looseness of it all seems lost... it doesn't seem like the aircraft are as abundant? and might not hover? Anyway, I've been looking to check it out, and I'm very hopeful because of my experience with the first game... anyone tried it yet?

liquidcalm
05-09-2012, 02:11 AM
I don't think the craft hover, but they do transform into giant bloody mechs and stomp around the place!

I'm thinking of picking it up, I too loved Warhawk, but I never really got that into it. It was more something I'd boot up, dick around for 30 mins or so, die a lot then not play for a few months. What I especially loved was being able to play 4 player split screen online (something that is down to 2 player in Starhawk.) That way me and my friends would assemble 'Idiot Squad' and barrel around together in the jeeps and die, a lot.

The build and battle stuff looks really cool though, I ope it has some kind of Skirmish mode though as well as single player, I don't always want to play online with other people.