PDA

View Full Version : Minecraft 360 Edition

Shnoorum
05-07-2012, 11:11 AM
Anyone else picking this up? Having a crappy pc and rarely getting a chance to play Minecraft has me really hyped up for it's release. Gonna build me an entire penis village where the castle will be erected in more ways than one. It shall be my domain and I shall be ruler of it. Shits gonna be so cash and what not

Space Suicide
05-08-2012, 04:51 PM
No and I don't really see why the massive appeal to this game. Videos I've seen make it seem boring.

Shnoorum
05-08-2012, 07:47 PM
I was unsure about the game aswell. I only played it due to the fact there were technical issues with the game at one point so he made it free to play untill he fixed it. Thought I'd give it a shot and that was it. I've never played a game that sucks so much time out of you without you even noticing.

Of course, I'm not saying you'd be the same. It might not be your thing at all. I'd definately recommend giving it a try though. PC version in specific as I've yet to play the 360 version, it could be shite for all I know

Space Suicide
05-09-2012, 06:02 PM
1600 MSP? 400 Gamerscore?

Hahahaha, yeah...right.

october_midnight
05-09-2012, 06:09 PM
Gamerscore is a fairly arbitrary thing to worry about when determining whether or not to purchase a game I think. What does a gamerscore do for anyone in real life? Not a dig or anything. I might pick it up if I ever get time to knock off the games I haven't even had time to open yet :(

1600 MSP is nothin', isn't that only $20 ??

Shnoorum
05-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Yeah think so. It is the most expensive arcade game at the moment but apparently it's going to get a load of free updates and extra content that will hopefully make up for it. Regardless, from the small amount I've played, it's as addictive as ever so I'm quite happy free content or no.

I was totally bummed out with gamerscore. Before I had Xbox live, I assumed it was some sort of digital currency. I knew of MSP's but I thought it may be used for certain games to unlock things. Was sad to find out it's just bragging rights, thats no use to me.

I know how you feel, I have quite the back catalog as it is without continuiosly adding to it. Been jumping back and forth between a hell of a lot of games recently.

sentient02970
05-09-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm not understanding the appeal of this game either. Just not my cup of console tea I guess.

Space Suicide
05-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Gamerscore is a fairly arbitrary thing to worry about when determining whether or not to purchase a game I think. What does a gamerscore do for anyone in real life? Not a dig or anything. I might pick it up if I ever get time to knock off the games I haven't even had time to open yet :(

1600 MSP is nothin', isn't that only $20 ??

Microsoft have standards for releasing games with certain gamerscore totals with each total of a priced game. Most standard Arcade Games feature only 200 G. They've transitioned it to 400 a few months prior. I just find that $20.00 for a game like this to be a bit steep. I'm just flabbergasted at the price and it not having a full 1000 G. But then again, it's considered an arcade game. I just think its a bit overpriced. I honestly might've checked it out if it were 400 MSP, maybe even 800 but 1600? Fuck that.

I am an achievement whore, I apologize. LUL.

PooPooMeowChow
05-10-2012, 12:59 PM
What IS minecraft?

Space Suicide
05-10-2012, 01:04 PM
What IS minecraft?

A boring, pointless game. I just played the trial version. Promptly deleted.

Goldfoot
05-10-2012, 04:13 PM
It's only pointless if you lack imagination and require a game to tell you what to do.

What IS minecraft?

It's an open world game, where your world is randomly generated when you start it. The goal (in Survival mode) is to find resources and food in order to survive the night, which brings out "mobs." On the PC there are other ways to play it, including multiplayer levels where there is just endless creation. There are many different kinds of resources you can mine or craft. I suggest looking into videos on Youtube to get an idea, and there's plenty. Users can craft their own adventure maps, which others can play, especially with friends. I subscribe to a guy named Jordan on there and watch most of his Minecraft videos. He does a bunch of the adventure maps created by users with his friends Mark and Nick and I think they're both interesting and funny. I don't play it very often since I didn't buy the game (so I can't play multiplayer) and my computer doesn't run it very well. I watched his First Impressions video of the 360 version and he discussed the limitations and benefits. If it was 800 points I'd get it since I have that much just sitting on my account, but I'm not gonna buy more points right now for it. As was mentioned, though, there should be lots of updates for it and they should be free. That's how the PC version works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a84biYlpTBA&feature=g-user-u

Space Suicide
05-10-2012, 07:32 PM
I'm a graphic design major, I don't lack imagination. I just find the game to be boring. Only my opinion, just like others find games I like as boring.

twilight explosion
05-11-2012, 02:46 AM
bought it. been playing all day. don't have an imagination really. I don't even know what the fuck I want to do in this game.

PooPooMeowChow
05-11-2012, 12:30 PM
bought it. been playing all day. don't have an imagination really. I don't even know what the fuck I want to do in this game.

Thats why I cant bring my self to play it. I can't think of anything I'd want to spend time doing with it.