PDA

View Full Version : Norah Jones

Rdm
04-24-2012, 09:51 AM
The Norah jones album has reached the internet and its really good. Not sure if there is any fans here. It was produced by Danger Mouse. Check it out

Rdm
05-18-2012, 10:02 AM
Has no else appreciated this album? It's incrediable

Deadpool
05-18-2012, 11:28 AM
I'm really curious about her new album. I've never listened to Norah Jones before, but I read an article about the new LP in Rolling Stone(?) and she made it sound pretty dark and very interesting. The combination of her and Danger Mouse is definitely intriguing. Will report back.

Rdm
05-18-2012, 01:33 PM
I like it so much I bought the vinyl and bought tickets to see her in Tahoe this summer.

I never buy a LP without hearing it first

carpenoctem
05-18-2012, 03:06 PM
I associate Norah Jones with coffee and being chill, because "Come Away With Me" used to play all the time on the radio at the coffeehouse where I worked when I was sixteen. She is definitely Starbucks front counter kind of material, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but mostly that means boring, interchangeable indie rock lite. But I've heard good things so far, so I might listen to all of it; Happy Pills is ok.

Rdm
05-19-2012, 12:11 PM
I associate Norah Jones with coffee and being chill, because "Come Away With Me" used to play all the time on the radio at the coffeehouse where I worked when I was sixteen. She is definitely Starbucks front counter kind of material, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but mostly that means boring, interchangeable indie rock lite. But I've heard good things so far, so I might listen to all of it; Happy Pills is ok.

Happy pills is by far the worst song on the album. It sounds nothing like the rest of the album.