PDA

View Full Version : Devil May Cry

ImTheWiseJanitor
04-11-2012, 12:27 PM
I don't know how many other fans there are here, but I fucking LOVED these games growing up with my PS2. Even DMC 2 (although, I can't say I liked it as much...but it was the first one I played, so it has a special place for me I s'pose.) While I've got other things that I need to spend my money on for a while, I'll definitely be picking up the HD collection once I get those other things taken care of. In the mean time...

Here's a totally ridiculous - and badass - trailer for the DMC reboot. Shit's gonna be siiick.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/04/10/dmc-hangover-trailer

Piko
04-12-2012, 04:30 PM
DMC3 is a lot harder than I remembered it... I ran through the first two with ease. But this one is just a kick in the pants. And i'm playing on normal... Played through DMC2 for the first time, and it was by far the easiest (and kinda dull) of the four games. DMC4 held the title for the easiest.

I'm starting to warm up to the new game though. Still not a fan of the new dante, but since it's in it's own universe, it might not be so bad. Gameplay and story are going to be amazing regardless. Ninja Theory have yet to disappoint me thus far (Enslaved and Heavenly Sword). Now, if only we had a release date...

Self.Destructive.Pattern
04-12-2012, 05:36 PM
Devil May Cry will always be one of my favorite franchises ever. Everything from the gun play to the combos made the game hella fun and also with the stubborn ranking system trying to get an S for every level was challenging and gave it a lot of replay value. The second one really fell off the deep end and is such a forgettable game it is very sad. I agree the third one was very hard.. I remember getting really mad trying to beat some levels.

The reboot looks amazing and I don't expect anything less from this. Dante is also such a likable character and pretty dam bad ass. Devil Trigger!!

Space Suicide
04-12-2012, 06:11 PM
I owned 2 and 3 for PS2. I never beat either of them. I really want this HD Collection. Should I get it?

Piko
04-12-2012, 09:21 PM
I owned 2 and 3 for PS2. I never beat either of them. I really want this HD Collection. Should I get it?

If you think it's worth the 40, absolutely. I already owned them on ps2. The graphics weren't improved much, if any. Convenient where I have them all on a single disc, and don't have to plug in my ps2 in order to play. Well worth it though IMO.

In DMC3, they just group up against you, constantly. Seems like, if you were to stay in one spot for so long, you're dead. Might have to play on easy.

Space Suicide
04-12-2012, 10:33 PM
If you think it's worth the 40, absolutely. I already owned them on ps2. The graphics weren't improved much, if any. Convenient where I have them all on a single disc, and don't have to plug in my ps2 in order to play. Well worth it though IMO.

In DMC3, they just group up against you, constantly. Seems like, if you were to stay in one spot for so long, you're dead. Might have to play on easy.

I played a fair amount of both on my PS2 but never actually had any drive or want to beat either. I got farther in 3 than I did in 2 from what I remember.

3 games for $40.00 is so worth it but being a bit low on money right now makes me about $20.00 short of being able to afford it (as that's all I can spare for anything at the moment). Sucks as I'm wanting to jump in and play this. I'll try and think of something that would allow me to get it asap. Game trade-ins aren't worth it, as even best Buy you get absolutely shit in exchange for trade-ins.

Piko
04-13-2012, 08:12 AM
Some weeks, gamestop throw people a bone and actually give them something for trade-ins. Just not too often and you have to keep up. Not worth caring about IMO, since it's one week every so often.

Space Suicide
04-13-2012, 08:16 AM
Some weeks, gamestop throw people a bone and actually give them something for trade-ins. Just not too often and you have to keep up. Not worth caring about IMO, since it's one week every so often.

I'm not trading it in but you can only get $23.00 for Mass Effect 3 trade-ins. It's only been a little over a month since release, what a joke. I rarely do trade-ins as you literally get absolutely nothing.

Space Suicide
04-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Well, I got this today. Traded RDR: Undead Nightmare and Battlefield 3 to get this. I'll end up buying BF3 again later on down the line so no worries. I rarely played Undead Nightmare so love loss there. I got a coupon for $5.00 off any purchase so today I'll go back to the store and DMC4 for a whopping $2.99.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
04-13-2012, 05:51 PM
^^^ You will have a blast. The first one is just awesome. I don't really like that they give the collection a mediocre rating only because the graphics and game play are outdated. Lame.

Space Suicide
12-23-2012, 03:31 PM
New demo rules and we're little under a month for release. Big time stoked!

Piko
12-23-2012, 06:54 PM
Another one?

Space Suicide
12-28-2012, 06:56 PM
Another one?

Have you been in the dark or something? This game has had huge news and controversy since it was announced. Surprised you hadn't heard anything.

Piko
12-28-2012, 07:27 PM
I know about the game. Already paid off. Thought you were talking about a second demo. Its going to be awesome though. No matter how douchey Dante looks.

Space Suicide
12-28-2012, 08:38 PM
I know about the game. Already paid off. Thought you were talking about a second demo. Its going to be awesome though. No matter how douchey Dante looks.

Thought as much, found it odd if you hadn't. No, no one posted about the demo so I brought it up in a necropost...weeks later.

Mine is pre-ordered at Gamestop. Has Vergil DLC with it.

Piko
12-28-2012, 09:31 PM
Thought as much, found it odd if you hadn't. No, no one posted about the demo so I brought it up in a necropost...weeks later.

Mine is pre-ordered at Gamestop. Has Vergil DLC with it.

Same here. Surprisingly, I've only played the demo once... Maybe I'm holding out until launch. Dunno. I enjoyed it though.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
12-31-2012, 01:12 PM
Cannot wait for this game. Everything about it looks better in every aspect, and am I the only one that likes the way Dante looks? I mean there is no grey hair which is disappointing, but with a new engine and new developer, it should make DMC4 look like a PS2 game.

Piko
01-05-2013, 09:35 PM
I'm gonna have to really sit down and play the game before I can really say anything about the character. At first, though, I hated the design. Now, i'm kinda whatever about it. If the style fits the character and the story, i'll probably be fine with it. It's a completely separate universe, so it'll probably grow on me. Plus, Ninja Theory have yet to disappoint me. Their last two games are amazing, particularly Enslaved, as obscenely underrated as it is.

Space Suicide
01-05-2013, 09:39 PM
By the way, the Vergil DLC is post-launch DLC that'll be availible to everyone via $9.00 on PSN and/or 720 MSP.

Space Suicide
01-06-2013, 12:06 PM
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/images/bonus/devilmaycryvergil_bonusLG.jpg

There is poster advertising it. Looks like it's not Launch Day DLC but I'm fine with that, least I'm getting it free!

Replayed the demo last night, I'm so going to play the hell out of this game when it comes out. I loved and played the older games but this seems like a fresh breath air and a lot more vivid and fits my tastes more than the other ones. The combat and combos in this are so fluid and evasion and grappling are superb. Ugh a week to go this Tuesday.

Kodiak33
01-06-2013, 01:59 PM
I love the series. DmC looks awesome and should be great on PC.

Space Suicide
01-09-2013, 07:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmAxWs6i0zs

Space Suicide
01-09-2013, 03:45 PM
Sorry for the double post but this is definitely warranted!

Free DmC: Devil May Cry "Bloody Palace" DLC Announced. (http://www.examiner.com/article/free-dmc-devil-may-cry-dlc-announced)

Capcom announced today that they will be adding "Bloody Palace" mode to DmC Devil May Cry as DLC. Bloody Palace is a game mode from previous games in the Devil May Cry series where players must run a gauntlet of 100 levels, including boss fights. It will be made available as downloadable content sometime after the new game releases. The best part of all? It will be free! Check out some screenshots from the mode above.

DmC Devil May Cry reboots the series with a new storyline set in a parallel universe. The main character is still Dante but he now looks completely different (some have described him as "emo"). Gameplay will also be slightly different from past games. For example, there will be new technique modifiers called Angel Mode and Devil Mode. While in Angel Mode, Dante will wield Osiris, a scythe-like weapon that will allow him to move quickly and pull enemies or himself around the level. While in Demon Mode, he will use Arbiter, a huge battleaxe that slows him down but is devastatingly powerful.

DmC Devil May Cry is scheduled to be released on January 15th in North America, the 17th in Japan, and the 18th across Europe. It will be available on Xbox 360, PS3, and Windows PC.

Piko
01-09-2013, 04:10 PM
Finally sat down and played the demo. Loved it.

Space Suicide
01-09-2013, 04:15 PM
Finally sat down and played the demo. Loved it.

This game is going to undoubtedly rock on so many levels.

Space Suicide
01-11-2013, 03:09 AM
I'm jealous of this skill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp0lwqpcfOY&feature=youtu.be

Piko
01-11-2013, 08:22 AM
That's insane. No way I could pull that off, heh. Think I might playthrough DMC4 over the weekend.

Space Suicide
01-11-2013, 12:44 PM
That's insane. No way I could pull that off, heh. Think I might playthrough DMC4 over the weekend.

Same but I'm getting the hang of it. I played the demo a few moments ago and did the Under Watch Mission and managed to achieve an SS Style in a fight. Just gotta juggle the crap out of these punks while using the grapples like mad.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
01-11-2013, 05:34 PM
Same but I'm getting the hang of it. I played the demo a few moments ago and did the Under Watch Mission and managed to achieve an SS Style in a fight. Just gotta juggle the crap out of these punks while using the grapples like mad.

Nice! I just downloaded the demo last night and I freaking loved it. The cut scenes look great, the story seems very intriguing, and the combat is out of this world. I love how different it is but it still has that DMC feel to it. Give me a month with this game and I will be eating up SSS rankings.. Seems like this game will be a challenge and I cannot wait!

Space Suicide
01-11-2013, 06:12 PM
Nice! I just downloaded the demo last night and I freaking loved it. The cut scenes look great, the story seems very intriguing, and the combat is out of this world. I love how different it is but it still has that DMC feel to it. Give me a month with this game and I will be eating up SSS rankings.. Seems like this game will be a challenge and I cannot wait!

I find it hilarious a lot of clowns are still pissing and moaning about about Dante's look and the story, which if they continue to whine and write this game off they're really going to screw themselves out of an amazing game.

This game is going to rule and I'll also even go out on a limb and state it'll sell extremely well.

I really find the direction this game is going for to be fresh and awesomely done on Ninja's Theory's part. This gameplay and engine are so flawlessly smooth and really responsive. The old DMC games were hard as hell but this game seems really doable on harder difficulties due to the engine. I am really going to play the shit out of this game until I can't possibly get anymore achievements or unlocks.

Schwing.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
01-11-2013, 07:40 PM
Whoever complains about the new look I just want to hit sometimes because it is so fitting in my eyes. Plus, when you go into Devil Trigger, did you notice that his hair turns white? So i'm guessing there is some connection there in the game where we might find out why he has it in the future games. For the demo... it was just the demo! ;)

I found this today and I did look at it... I couldn't help it. It has some spoilers but if anyone is interested, this is the list of achievements for the 360. Couldn't find anything for PS3 yet, but i'm sure someone will post them in the next day or two.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/dmc-devil-may-cry/achievements/

Space Suicide
01-14-2013, 11:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy7lt0QC2x8

8.9/10. Looks stunning and great.

Dipshit babies on Youtube are calling this game out as shit, all positive reviews were paid to be as such and the older games are better.

Jesus christ, grow up already.

Space Suicide
01-15-2013, 11:45 AM
This game is glorious. Just beat the first mission. Jeez am I going to get some playtime into this fucker.

Piko
01-15-2013, 12:12 PM
Soon as I get off work, I'm picking this up. Decided to trade in Battlefield 3. And I redeemed some of my reward points. 25$ OFF!!!

Space Suicide
01-15-2013, 02:40 PM
Beat Mission 6 a few ago (Secret Ingredient from the demo)...this fucking game man, it's totally awesome. Fast paced, fun and challenging....s-s-s-s-smoooooking combo of traits (lame joke, I know).

This game has impressive visuals. Definitely going to be on my GOTY list, even though it's only January.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
01-15-2013, 08:38 PM
Just got this about an hour ago. I'm going balls deep into this game once I smoke a bowl and eat some dinner. I traded in Darksiders II since I completed it 100% (Very fun), they gave me $18 for it, and I had $16 left on a gift card so I only payed $30 for Dmc :)

And I need to stop looking at Gamespot's reviews because they really piss me off. What the fuck is going on with the fans of this game??? Everyone is hating on it... it really is baffling me.

Piko
01-15-2013, 08:49 PM
This might be the first game that I haven't bothered looking at reviews. I'm loving the game so far. Only on mission 5, but it's been very solid. The only thing that I can see people whining about is the character design. Its NOT the same Dante! Two completely DIFFERENT characters that just so happen to share the same name and a few other characteristics (rebellion, etc). These people need to get over themselves.

And I hope they aren't on the bandwagon for the new Tomb Raider. Would be a tad bit hypocritical considering that Lara Croft is also very different in that game as well. They call these games reboots for a reason.

Another possible reason for all the hate. Capcom. A lot of people are still sore about their shady business tactics, but I also believe plagued Resident Evil 6. I love that game, my friends love it, but for some reasons, its an absolute "mess" to the reviewers. Something isn't adding up here.

Space Suicide
01-15-2013, 09:18 PM
This might be the first game that I haven't bothered looking at reviews. I'm loving the game so far. Only on mission 5, but it's been very solid. The only thing that I can see people whining about is the character design. Its NOT the same Dante! Two completely DIFFERENT characters that just so happen to share the same name and a few other characteristics (rebellion, etc). These people need to get over themselves.

And I hope they aren't on the bandwagon for the new Tomb Raider. Would be a tad bit hypocritical considering that Lara Croft is also very different in that game as well. They call these games reboots for a reason.

Another possible reason for all the hate. Capcom. A lot of people are still sore about their shady business tactics, but I also believe plagued Resident Evil 6. I love that game, my friends love it, but for some reasons, its an absolute "mess" to the reviewers. Something isn't adding up here.

Most Gamers are afraid of change and if something tries to reinvent the gameplay or look of it they become irreconcilable babies that will call is trash without giving it a fair chance. I loved RE6 and I love this DmC. They play different than the predecessors because they're supposed to!

I'm not the biggest fan of Capcom's DLC business but they make incredible games and some of my favorite franchises are from their publishing. Judging their games on their DLC tactics isn't really a good call, most devs and publishers like to milk the fuck out of it.

Piko
01-15-2013, 10:07 PM
I was originallwy very skeptical about the change. But I went into it knowing that I enjoyed Ninja Theory's previous two games enough that I had high hopes for story and gameplay, which it succeeds in. I don't think this will affect sales though, as it seems to be selling well. The gamestop I went to might be sold out of them now. So as long as the whiners don't affect the possibility of a sequel, let them sit in a corner.

Space Suicide
01-16-2013, 04:12 PM
http://www.justpushstart.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/2301844-dmc_vergil-515x290.jpg

If you pre-ordered DMC: Devil May Cry and received a code for the Vergil’s Downfall DLC, you will have to wait for another month to actually play it.The DLC wasn’t available to play yet on launch day which confused many gamers who pre-ordered the game and received a code with their copy. According to Capcom, the DLC won’t be out until the end of February. No release date has been given yet, but you cannot play the DLC for DmC: Devil May Cry right now…Vergil’s Downfall is a DLC that tells the untold story of Dante’s brother Vergil and adds more levels to play as well as enemies, combos and weapons.

Source: http://www.justpushstart.com/2013/01/dmcs-vergils-downfall-dlc-to-be-out-end-of-february/ (http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/dmc/news/dmc_vergils_downfall_dlc_will_be_released_at_the_e nd_of_february.html)

Self.Destructive.Pattern
01-16-2013, 05:15 PM
^^^ Uber gay.

Piko
01-16-2013, 08:55 PM
Man...

The Bob Barbas battle was awesome!

Space Suicide
01-16-2013, 08:57 PM
Man...

The Bob Barbas battle was awesome!

Agreed, the color and vivid imagery put into that whole mission and fight was superb. By far my favorite boss fight, even passing the Succubus.

Space Suicide
01-18-2013, 04:33 PM
I'm on mission 18. Almost done with my first play through on Devil Hunter. Might jump ahead and do Nephilim or I might just go gung-ho and do Son of Sparda on my second playthrough. Unsure.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
01-18-2013, 08:15 PM
I'm on mission 18. Almost done with my first play through on Devil Hunter. Might jump ahead and do Nephilim or I might just go gung-ho and do Son of Sparda on my second playthrough. Unsure.

How are you doing with the lost souls and keys? I started trying to get all of them at first, but now I am just going through the game until I beat it and go to a harder mode to get them all. Dam, this game is great.

Space Suicide
01-18-2013, 08:50 PM
How are you doing with the lost souls and keys? I started trying to get all of them at first, but now I am just going through the game until I beat it and go to a harder mode to get them all. Dam, this game is great.

I'm doing well and I'm finding them as I go. I got 43 Souls Freed and 12 Keys found and 11 doors opened. I've done most on first go through but I also replayed some missions for achievements and red orb grinding and set out to find the collectibles as well.

I love this game. It's so badass. I can't wait for the Bloody Palace DLC, nor Vergil. Going to be so grand playing as him.

Piko
01-18-2013, 09:20 PM
Kinda gave up collecting them. When I replay through the missions, I'll probably give them another go. I wonder what Vergil's DLC is going to be about.

Space Suicide
01-18-2013, 10:09 PM
Beat the game entirely story wise on Devil Hunter. The final battle against Vergil is so juicy, fun and fucking awesome. Gonna be a bitch on harder difficulties though.

Space Suicide
01-18-2013, 11:02 PM
Well, the game made my decision for me: Play on Nephilim! Son of Sparda is tricky and difficult without being fully upgraded and leveled. Boo!

Space Suicide
01-19-2013, 12:23 AM
Fuckers who are whining about Dante's look can shut up now as an Outfit Skin pack is due for a January 30th release at 320 MSP = $3.00. It features Classic Dante (resembles DMC3), Dark Dante and Neo Dante.

I don't necessarily need this but I have a few Microsoft Points collecting dust so I might buy this just because.

http://www.trueachievements.com/customimages/013950.jpg

http://www.trueachievements.com/customimages/013951.jpg

http://www.trueachievements.com/customimages/013952.jpg

http://www.trueachievements.com/customimages/013953.jpg

Piko
01-20-2013, 09:04 AM
Finished yesterday on Devil Hunter. Got stuck on the final battle, and Space Suicide bailed me out, heh. Amazing game though. To think, at one point, I was one of those guys who considered not playing this. Glad, I did.

Space Suicide
01-20-2013, 10:30 AM
Finished yesterday on Devil Hunter. Got stuck on the final battle, and Space Suicide bailed me out, heh. Amazing game though. To think, at one point, I was one of those guys who considered not playing this. Glad, I did.

I found out on accident activating Devil Trigger but hey works. I did some speed runs and beat Vergil on Devil Hunter in 1:53.

I've gotten everything upgraded finally though as far as combos, damage and abilities go. Still need to upgrade Devil Trigger and Health to max. Gonna need some more grinding before I hit Son of Sparda again. Done the first four missions on that difficulty, not too hard.

Piko
01-20-2013, 10:52 AM
I was figuring it was more of a timing thing than anything else. Kinda feel dumbed down that's all that I needed to do. All good though. I might take a little break before I hit up Son of Sparda. Maybe I'll do Nephilim first. Not sure yet.

Space Suicide
01-20-2013, 01:10 PM
I was figuring it was more of a timing thing than anything else. Kinda feel dumbed down that's all that I needed to do. All good though. I might take a little break before I hit up Son of Sparda. Maybe I'll do Nephilim first. Not sure yet.

Angel Evade and Devil Evade coupled with good parrying skills make Vegil a cinch to fight. On harder difficulties I think I might have a little issue with my strategy.

Side note, I hope in the Vergil's Downfall DLC we get to use a lot of the skills and abilities he has in the final fight.

Wretchedest
01-20-2013, 09:56 PM
This was pretty good! Nice deep combat system, challenging overall. They fixed all the stupid grindiness of it that made me sell DMC 4 right away... also has the most cohesive plot ive ever seen in a capcom game.

The tone of this was perfect for my thirteen year old self.

Piko
01-22-2013, 08:33 AM
Angel Evade and Devil Evade coupled with good parrying skills make Vegil a cinch to fight. On harder difficulties I think I might have a little issue with my strategy.

Side note, I hope in the Vergil's Downfall DLC we get to use a lot of the skills and abilities he has in the final fight.

I found the battle to be very easy, like all the others. When it came down to finishing him off, I brick walled. That's one of my gripes about the game, the bosses being such pushovers. Don't get me wrong, they were fun and entertaining. Not at all challenging though.

Space Suicide
01-22-2013, 08:53 AM
I found the battle to be very easy, like all the others. When it came down to finishing him off, I brick walled. That's one of my gripes about the game, the bosses being such pushovers. Don't get me wrong, they were fun and entertaining. Not at all challenging though.

Mundus on Nephilim isn't a cakewalk, wasn't to me anyways when I attempted it.

Piko
01-22-2013, 02:21 PM
I played on Devil Hunter, so maybe that's why. Im debating what mode to play on next time I play. Might just suck it up and try Son of Sparda.

Wretchedest
01-22-2013, 03:50 PM
By the way it should be noted that any game featuring a woman who gets sucked into a giant baby's belly button, via the giant umbilical cord coming out of her head deserves extra points.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
01-22-2013, 04:58 PM
By the way it should be noted that any game featuring a woman who gets sucked into a giant baby's belly button, via the giant umbilical cord coming out of her head deserves extra points.

I was very, very impressed by the Mundus Spawn and the bosses in general. The way to beat them is not hard at all, but the detail and visuals are amazing.

I beat the game last night, but how freaking lame is this: I know this game has audio cut out problems and I have experienced it here and there, but I beat the game last night and before the fight with Virgil even started, the sound cut out completely up until the ending! Does anyone else here have the PS3 version? I cannot understand why this game runs so much sloppier on the PS than the XBOX? Either way I was pretty bummed about that.

I will trying to get all SSS on missions, along with some lost souls and keys I missed along the way... I already want a sequel :)

nvr_mind
01-22-2013, 07:00 PM
Fucking loving this game. Can't stand seeing people bitch about the change. Also loving kicking ass with Combichrist on the soundtrack!

Space Suicide
01-23-2013, 02:49 PM
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/018/8/4/dmc__dante_and_vergil_by_alexrestr-d5rvfnv.jpg

Self.Destructive.Pattern
01-23-2013, 04:42 PM
That completely threw me off guard when I heard him say that... I loved it. The only flaws that really bother me about this game is the no lock on, and the dialogue. There are fucks thrown around everywhere and completely unnecessary at times.

A plot hole that I am trying to figure out is how and why Dante is stronger than Virgil?

Space Suicide
01-23-2013, 04:53 PM
That completely threw me off guard when I heard him say that... I loved it. The only flaws that really bother me about this game is the no lock on, and the dialogue. There are fucks thrown around everywhere and completely unnecessary at times.

A plot hole that I am trying to figure out is how and why Dante is stronger than Virgil?

Same here, lock-on only messed up with me when I was going for a Bathos or Harpy (after disposing their wings). I didn't feel the vulgar language was gratuitous and was appropriate when needed.

Did it state that outright? I mean it was maybe inferred, tongue-in-cheek and stated by Dante himself but I don't recall it being a known fact?

Self.Destructive.Pattern
01-23-2013, 05:53 PM
Same here, lock-on only messed up with me when I was going for a Bathos or Harpy (after disposing their wings). I didn't feel the vulgar language was gratuitous and was appropriate when needed.

Did it state that outright? I mean it was maybe inferred, tongue-in-cheek and stated by Dante himself but I don't recall it being a known fact?

For me, I just find the amount of "Fucks", or "Fuck You" used too much. At least be a little more creative with the dialogue if you are going to use curse words... but it still has it moments. With the combos, the lock on really annoys me sometimes when knowing what enemy I want to attack and then I go to a completely different enemy and fuck up my combo, but it isn't that bad.

It didn't state that outright, but he is obviously stronger when you fight him in the past games, and in this game Virgil is there for the smarts and Dante for the fighting. They then say it when they are bickering at the end of the game so I guess take it as you will. We will get to see more I suppose when we get the DLC for Virgil.

Space Suicide
01-26-2013, 02:56 PM
Vergil's Downfall DLC Achievements List (http://steamcommunity.com/stats/220440/achievements)

A lot are similar to the main game's counterparts (Upgrading, Difficulties, Collectibles, etc.)

Space Suicide
02-06-2013, 05:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fknyxvhVLPQ

Space Suicide
02-10-2013, 08:57 AM
Rumors abound for Vergils' release on February 26th, but don't hold me to it.

Also, I'm so tired of hearing people bicker back and forth about the old series and the new game.

Space Suicide
02-14-2013, 02:08 PM
What'd everyone think of the soundtrack(s)? I fucking love them and downloaded them with gusto as soon as I could.

Space Suicide
02-16-2013, 12:50 AM
It's probably pretty safe to say that Capcom's DmC: Devil May Cry has gone a long way in restoring the faith that people once had in the franchise. Capcom is looking to continue to foster this good will by releasing an update to the game that fixes several issues, all of which are listed below:

-Poison AI issue addressed (she no longer enters non-interactive state)
-Lessened damage and style boost from Demon Evade
-Arbiter "Drop" now causes damage and style gain even if jump-canceled
-Non-damaging moves no longer provide style points
-Damage done by weakest enemies increased
-Damage done by all enemies increased on Nephilim and Son of Sparda modes
-Adjusted attack (parry) windows for Rage spin move.
-SS and SSS will now decay back down to S if you stop gaining style
-No more eternal angel glide (where Dante flies around)

In addition to these fixes, the "Bloody Palace" mode will also be coming to the game via the update. For those unfamiliar, this mode has been available in Devil May Cry titles since its second installment. Your goal is to survive "more than 100 levels of demon-crushing, boss-rushing action”.

Both the fixes and "Bloody Palace" mode will be available next week on February 20th. As this is a patch to DmC: Devil May Cry, all you will have to do to receive the updates and new game mode is turn on the game after the patch goes live and download it once you are prompted to do so.

-

YAY! Better get to working on my SOS playthrough before it gets harder haha.

Space Suicide
02-21-2013, 07:20 PM
Vergil's Downfall drops March 6th. (http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?threadid=3273579&anchor=3275000#m3275000)

FernandoDante
03-03-2013, 11:17 PM
Anybody up for selling a used PS3 copy of this?

Self.Destructive.Pattern
03-04-2013, 12:03 AM
Vergil's Downfall drops March 6th. (http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?threadid=3273579&anchor=3275000#m3275000)

Shit dude, I have been so out of the loop these past couple weeks. I have to dive head first into this game again so I can kick some ass in the DLC coming up.. exciting!! I'll add some more input tomorrow.

Wretchedest
03-05-2013, 11:45 AM
This game spoiled me for Metal Gear Rising. Playing MGR, I can't helped but compare it to the more refined and precise controls in this game.

Ruined
03-05-2013, 12:43 PM
This game spoiled me for Metal Gear Rising. Playing MGR, I can't helped but compare it to the more refined and precise controls in this game. Definitely agree with this statement: After a few replays, the controls for DmC made sense and there was a fluidity to it. In contrast, after 11 hours of gameplay, there is little to no rhythm to Metal Gear Rising. Instead, it's still a button masher mixed with lucky kill-shots. Pretty frustrating.

Space Suicide
03-05-2013, 01:11 PM
I really like Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance but compared to DmC I felt some controls were lacking or just not there. There is definitely more style, fluidity and variety in DmC. The weapon swap control in DmC shits all over MGR's. The additional weapons in MGR break the combat flow as it dumbs down your combos with your HF Blade.

Sad thing is, I hear people bash DmC and say that MGR is better. I love both games but I feel DmC is better.

Wretchedest
03-05-2013, 05:35 PM
The dodge/parry system alone puts MGR out of the running against other action games. I get how it works, and its stupid. Also the crappy camera.

DMC had both of these working very nicely and its the first action game where felt compelled to use more than one melee weapon.

Space Suicide
03-06-2013, 02:59 PM
Beat the Download Content. Shit ruled BUT damn, it is a lot harder than the main game. Vergil has some badass moves and combos and you look forward to this at some point:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/01623ca9473ab07edd6c547bff1b9a81/tumblr_mirbg7DdTc1r3e5vlo1_500.jpg

Piko
03-06-2013, 04:06 PM
Lost my code... Dammit!

Wretchedest
03-15-2013, 12:24 AM
I got the Virgil DLC! It was very worth it. I'm impressed by how different it felt to play as virgil, even with only a fraction of the depth offered by Dante, he was still fun and interesting to play as. Here's hoping they crank out another DLC where you play as the witch lady.

also, I noticed that they have a sort of horde mode as free DLC, i would have picked that up ages ago had I known.

Piko
03-20-2013, 08:29 PM
Wasn't very impressed with the DLC. The "cut scenes" were disappointing. Gameplay was cool. Difficult, but not bad. Just felt rushed.

Space Suicide
12-15-2014, 01:03 PM
http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2014/12/15/announcing-dmc-definitive-edition-plus-a-very-special-teaser

Why do I want them both again? It makes no sense as I already beat DmC to death (almost) on 360. This doesn't justify a buy really but it'd be too awesome not to get. Ugh.

bruised
12-16-2014, 09:36 PM
Dude, that looks rad! I played the very 1st DMC on ps2 about halfway, that's it. Looks like this will be fun for me!