PDA

View Full Version : Ted

nvr_mind
04-02-2012, 12:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxKfC77XAp8

This looks funny as shit!

Harry Seaward
04-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Seth MacFarlane seems like a really cool, funny dude. But I've never seen anything he's touched that wasn't absolute garbage. This looks no different.

thevoid99
04-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Talking teddy bear who swears and shit. I saw that last night, it's hilarious.

theruiner
04-02-2012, 03:55 PM
I'm with Harry. I think I chuckled once during the trailer. Maybe. I'm actually not even sure about that.

Someone over at Slashfilm put it better than I could: the punchline to every joke seems to be, hey, look, the teddy bear is swearing! Hey, look, the teddy bear is smoking pot! Isn't that crazy?

Ugh. And the voice sounds too similar to Brian. I know that's just his voice, I get that, but when your voice is that recognizable and attached to another character, maybe you should get someone else to play the character if you can't change it enough.

Also, this is pretty much Brian, isn't it? "Yeah, I mean, people love the talking dog...so maybe we make a talking teddy bear! And then we'll make one about a talking cat! And then a talking giraffe! Oh, the possibilities are endless!" No thanks.

orestes
04-02-2012, 07:05 PM
And here I thought this thread was about TEDTalks.

coolguy
04-03-2012, 08:39 AM
Wow, I couldn't make it through the trailer. An hour and a half of a CGI bear with Peter Griffen's voice... no thanks.

dpeters
04-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Trailers are rarely reliable as to a film's quality.

Drive, anyone?

That said, the latter half of this made me laugh a bit: both the checker and the white trash names game.

Ugh. And the voice sounds too similar to Brian. I know that's just his voice, I get that, but when your voice is that recognizable and attached to another character, maybe you should get someone else to play the character if you can't change it enough.

Also, this is pretty much Brian, isn't it? "Yeah, I mean, people love the talking dog...so maybe we make a talking teddy bear! And then we'll make one about a talking cat! And then a talking giraffe! Oh, the possibilities are endless!" No thanks.

The voice resembles Peter more than Brian.

Fixer808
04-03-2012, 07:14 PM
And here I thought this thread was about TEDTalks.
I thought it was going to be a sequel, in a future where Bill is dead.

ManBurning
04-03-2012, 11:08 PM
I thought it was going to be a sequel, in a future where Bill is dead.

I too had my hopes clicking this thread it had some relation to Bill and Ted.

Corvus T. Cosmonaut
04-04-2012, 01:36 AM
Trailers are rarely reliable as to a film's quality.
Fortunately we can take a look at writer/director/producer/voice actor Seth MacFarlane's other work in addition to this trailer to come up with a much more reliable thumbs-down.