PDA

View Full Version : Custom BB Codes.

Malechite
11-24-2011, 01:10 PM
With a brand-spanking-new ETS comes new custom BB codes for everyone's enjoyment.

First is the [spoiler] tag. Make sure you use this tag in the TV/Movie forums when you want to talk about spoilers.

OMG The Titanic sinks at the end!

OMG The Titanic sinks at the end!

Next is the tag. This is useful in threads where people will be posting a ton of images, and we rather you have them as links instead of [img] tags. Here is an example from the N&V Thread.

[shadowbox="http://YOUR-IMAGE-URL-HERE"]your photo title or text here.

A recent photo of myself.

If everyone uses the [shadowbox] code instead of the [link] code for their linked images, then you can use the arrow keys to go through every image in the current page of the thread, which is pretty handy!

Another cool bbcode is the [ninwiki] code which links to ninwiki. so if you were talking about year zero and wanted to link to the ninwiki page for it you would simple use:

Year Zero

Year Zero

This code is case-sensitive though, so you may have to double check the article if you arent sure, but in general, every first letter of the title is capitalized.

And of course, you can do a regular [wiki] tag to link to wikipedia.

Nine Inch Nails

Nine Inch Nails

More to come!

perch
11-24-2011, 01:29 PM
Out of curiosity, wouldn't it be better if there's an option for [wiki] and [ninwiki]? I like the idea but there's bigger chance of people using wiki code for actual wiki pages rather than just ninwiki. Hooray for spoilers though :]

Malechite
11-24-2011, 01:31 PM
wouldn't it be better if there's an option for [wiki] and [ninwiki]?

You're right. I thought about that too. :)

sublimaze
11-30-2011, 05:59 PM
Is there a way to post photos without having them uploaded to a website first? I never figured that out.

heroicraptor
11-30-2011, 06:05 PM
Donate $25 and you'll get 25 mb of storage here.

Presideo
12-01-2011, 12:34 AM
Any way to post a quote inside another quote? I can only post each quote separately (not a big deal, but it makes things look better when attempting to quote a convo between multiple people.)

orestes
12-03-2011, 02:48 PM
We now have strike-thru code. Funny the things you realize we don't have yet until you go to mod edit a post. :)

NIN64
12-05-2011, 06:25 AM
Any way to post a quote inside another quote? I can only post each quote separately (not a big deal, but it makes things look better when attempting to quote a convo between multiple people.)

It has to be done manually.

heroicraptor
12-05-2011, 03:26 PM
We now have strike-thru code. Funny the things you realize we don't have yet until you go to mod edit a post. :)
Unless I'm crazy, we did on the old board too.

orestes
12-05-2011, 05:39 PM
We did but it was a custom code, too.

eversonpoe
09-07-2013, 01:25 PM
how does one "mention" a user in a post? i've tried just making their username a link, but i'm not sure that actually does it?

rhet
09-07-2013, 01:34 PM
how does one "mention" a user in a post? i've tried just making their username a link, but i'm not sure that actually does it?

I'm pretty sure it's eversonpoe so just stick an @ in front of the username with no space