PDA

View Full Version : LP Fapping

Pages : [1] 2 3

slave2thewage
11-24-2011, 10:01 AM
Let's contain our speculation/wanking in here, shall we?

That mixing tweet was annoying. Especially since TR kinda hinted he was sitting on the album. Boo, you whore.

Lisbeth
11-30-2011, 03:56 PM
via Twatter: destroyangels (http://twitter.com/destroyangels) Y Yes, David Fincher asked us to do a cover of Bryan Ferry's "Is Your Love Strong Enough?" for Dragon Tattoo. It will be on the soundtrack.

s, David FinYes, David Fincher asked us to do a cover of Bryan Ferry's "Is Your Love Strong Enough?" for Dragon Tattoo. It will be on the soundtrack.cher asked us to do a cover of Bryan Ferry's "Is Your Love Strong YeYes, David Fincher asked us to do a cover of Bryan Ferry's "Is Your Love Strong Enough?" for Dragon Tattoo. It will be on the soundtrack.s, David Fincher asked us to do a cover of Bryan Ferry's "Is Your Love Strong Enough?" for Dragon Tattoo. It will be on the soundtrack.Enough?" for Dragon Tattoo. It will be on the soundtrack.

gorast
11-30-2011, 10:57 PM
Or, or, let's say that I'm a fucking idiot and didn't look at the forum name.

2012 GET HERE FASTER FOR NEW HTDA.

ltrandazzo
11-30-2011, 11:05 PM
Wrong thread sir. HTDA.

sheepdean
12-01-2011, 08:26 AM
The Ferry cover presses the question: will either that song or Immigrant song be released as a promo single? It's pretty rare for a band to record an original song for a film and not have it released even as a radio single.

Collin
12-01-2011, 02:25 PM
HTDA predictions:

Ten tracks
One instrumental
Mariqueen sings the most
Trent Back-up sings on like five
Lots of meticulous drum and beat focus
Lots of droney synth bass with sparse piano

Should be BA

wight rabbit
12-01-2011, 02:27 PM
The Ferry cover presses the question: will either that song or Immigrant song be released as a promo single? It's pretty rare for a band to record an original song for a film and not have it released even as a radio single.

I figured "Immigrant Song" would be listed as: Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross feat. Karen O. Why would you speculate it being a HTDA single?

sheepdean
12-01-2011, 02:30 PM
I figured "Immigrant Song" would be listed as: Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross feat. Karen O. Why would you speculate it being a HTDA single?
I mean the Ferry cover being HTDA

botley
12-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Wrong thread brah! 4.4/10, could use more fapping

Horican
12-02-2011, 07:05 AM
thebugzoo (https://twitter.com/#!/thebugzoo) K-Mart(official)
How to Destroy Angels...My part DONE !.... Lookin fwd to hear how Trent/Atticus scramble/mix my material..

we should totally have a HTDA spotting thread here

simonn
12-02-2011, 07:27 AM
we should totally have a HTDA spotting thread here

My spot - in the film Limitless, The Believers features about 40 minutes in. Was stunned, had no idea prior to it playing!

Not on the official soundtrack by Paul Leonard-Morgan, which is pretty cool. Try Happy Pills. The song, obviously. Would Youtube link it, but it's banned at work....

collaborator
12-02-2011, 11:09 AM
It's un-Trent-like to finish and mix an album, then wait before releasing it. Remember Ghosts and The Slip. Out of the studio right to our harddrives.

botley
12-02-2011, 11:34 AM
It's un-Trent-like to finish and mix an album, then wait before releasing it. Remember Ghosts and The Slip. Out of the studio right to our harddrives.
But this isn't a NIN record, it's HTDA. Newer band, smaller fanbase... they need time to get the word out, first.

sheepdean
12-02-2011, 11:36 AM
But this isn't a NIN record, it's HTDA. Newer band, smaller fanbase... they need time to get the word out, first.
It does appear they've been mastering as they go, from the fact TR tweeted about mastering whilst Q tweeted about recording. I think, even if it is done now, they'll leave it until TGWTDT is out, so that the LP gets the air it needs

The Bug just tweeted that he's finished all the work he's doing for the LP. So that's another fortnight or so of mixing I guess?

wight rabbit
12-02-2011, 12:57 PM

Have you noticed Trent's fanbase? The full-fledged fanboys/girls eat ANYTHING he releases up.

botley
12-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Perhaps they want to reach more than just NIN fanboys/girls.

It does appear they've been mastering as they go, from the fact TR tweeted about mastering whilst Q tweeted about recording. I think, even if it is done now, they'll leave it until TGWTDT is out, so that the LP gets the air it needs

The Bug just tweeted that he's finished all the work he's doing for the LP. So that's another fortnight or so of mixing I guess?
It would be impossible to "master as they go" because mastering takes place at the very end once all mixing is complete. TR was talking about mastering the Dragon Tattoo stuff.

The Tax Reaper
12-02-2011, 02:06 PM
From Mariqueen's twitter account posted today "new HTDA is coming. soon".

jrdsctt
12-02-2011, 02:52 PM

Hopefully it's not just in reference to the HTDA cover song that's going to be on the TGWTDT soundtrack.

sheepdean
12-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Perhaps they want to reach more than just NIN fanboys/girls.

It would be impossible to "master as they go" because mastering takes place at the very end once all mixing is complete. TR was talking about mastering the Dragon Tattoo stuff.I meant mixing, sorry too many words in my head. And he did tweet about mixing HTDA, so I don't really know. I don't care tbh, as long as it's here soon!

gorast
12-02-2011, 03:38 PM

I'd hope that she wouldn't make a silly announcement like that (in regards to the GWTDT track). Hopefully it'll be about a song from the new album, kind of like how A Drowning was released what, a month and a half before?

jrdsctt
12-03-2011, 06:59 PM
I'd hope that she wouldn't make a silly announcement like that (in regards to the GWTDT track). Hopefully it'll be about a song from the new album, kind of like how A Drowning was released what, a month and a half before?

That was a great day in the history of the world.

Jon
12-04-2011, 01:33 AM
Hopefully it's not just in reference to the HTDA cover song that's going to be on the TGWTDT soundtrack.

I honestly wouldn't mind an iTunes Digital Single for "Is Your Love Strong Enough?" as a surprise a few days before the full album drops digitally (I realize that's in 5 days). Kind of makes sense too, the 2 "songs" from the album released as singles.

I highly doubt she was referring to TGWTDT, though

carpenoctem
12-05-2011, 06:03 PM

It's a little adorable that she wrote "soon." It's like they're turning into one of those cliche married couples who start wearing matching outfits.

I'm super pumped about this album, by the way. I really like the EP as a taster, though I think I was initially underwhelmed. It's still pretty solid when you listen to it now.

jrdsctt
12-06-2011, 12:35 PM
It's a little adorable that she wrote "soon." It's like they're turning into one of those cliche married couples who start wearing matching outfits.

I'm super pumped about this album, by the way. I really like the EP as a taster, though I think I was initially underwhelmed. It's still pretty solid when you listen to it now.

Trent has said that the EP was more of an experiment than what HTDA is going to sound like. I'm sure the LP will share qualities with the EP, but I am expecting it to sound quite different as well.

NIN64
12-16-2011, 07:49 AM
This article mentions the new album (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/trent-reznor-shares-release-date-for-how-to-destroy-angels-album-20111215)

botley
12-16-2011, 11:07 AM
this article mentions the new album (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/trent-reznor-shares-release-date-for-how-to-destroy-angels-album-20111215)
*fap fap fap*

witte
12-16-2011, 12:11 PM
This article mentions the new album (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/trent-reznor-shares-release-date-for-how-to-destroy-angels-album-20111215)
:):)
Thanks for sharing this.

carpenoctem
12-16-2011, 03:37 PM
Trent: "I can’t wait for that record to come out, actually probably [in the] first quarter of next year."

I remember reading stuff about a projected fall release date in the beginning of the year and thinking, "BUT THAT'S SO FAR AWAY!" So now I'm thinking it "actually probably" better come out in January. I'm just saying.

acidpolly
12-18-2011, 08:53 AM
We were influenced by early Cabaret Voltaire – it’s very deconstructed rhythmically and more textural. Mariqueen found her place; we used her in a quite interesting way, I think.
very interesting!

witte
12-18-2011, 09:04 AM
I'm yearning for an absolutely different sound and approach.
Thumbs up.

BenAkenobi
12-18-2011, 11:13 AM
I honestly wouldn't mind an iTunes Digital Single for "Is Your Love Strong Enough?" as a surprise a few days before the full album drops digitally (I realize that's in 5 days). Kind of makes sense too, the 2 "songs" from the album released as singles.

I highly doubt she was referring to TGWTDT, though
Oh and i strongly hope IYLSE? will remain exclusive to soundtrack. don't know why but i'm quite sure the album has a different style

sheepdean
12-18-2011, 11:55 AM
Oh and i strongly hope IYLSE? will remain exclusive to soundtrack. don't know why but i'm quite sure the album has a different style
I'm not sure, maybe add it as a bonus track or something - unless it differs in a major way from the LP. Or throw it in only on the LE, if there is one.

cheddamash
12-18-2011, 01:00 PM
My spot - in the film Limitless, The Believers features about 40 minutes in.

Just heard/saw it too.

http://db.tt/ot4GkZ0A

I've never noticed the "II" behind The Null Corporation before. Anyone know wut thats about?

carpenoctem
12-26-2011, 09:34 PM
No idea. Didn't even know the song was in the movie. What scene? I think I went out to get food during part of this.

slave2thewage
12-30-2011, 10:54 AM
Just noticed it being "Null Corporation II" on the liner notes of the TGWTDT OST. Hmmm.

Jon
12-30-2011, 11:08 AM
no mention of the "II", but I did find this:

Corporation Wiki (http://www.corporationwiki.com/California/Los-Angeles/the-null-corporation/44994269.aspx)

slave2thewage
12-30-2011, 11:13 AM
And even more interesting... (http://www.corporationwiki.com/California/Los-Angeles/michael-trent-reznor/44238283.aspx)

sheepdean
12-30-2011, 11:40 AM
I think it simply means there's another group somewhere called The Null Corporation

Jon
12-30-2011, 12:04 PM
I think it simply means there's another group somewhere called The Null Corporation

that or there was some sort of corporate restructuring

MrSlfDstruct
01-02-2012, 11:09 PM
I was a little underwhelmed by the EP, mainly because I really wasn't digging Q's vocals. However, I thought she sounded fucking fantastic on IYLSE, and I loved that track as a whole. It's gotten me very excited about the LP.

carpenoctem
01-03-2012, 05:45 PM
Trent said they'd done some interesting things with her voice on the album, so you should probably expect more of that IYLSE kind of range. Yay!!

Deadpool
01-11-2012, 06:10 PM
So, Trent said in that KCRW interview that he thinks the Destroy Angels LP is gonna blow a lot of people's minds. I don't know about you guys, but I was already psyched - thus, that comment has me frothing at the mouth.

"Fur Lined" has been my favorite of theirs for a while, due in no small part because, to me, it sounds the most uniquely HTDA. There are obviously lots of NIN-ish bits that can be identified throughout the EP, but that song sounds the least afraid to be a potential pop song. Furthermore, it sounds the least afraid to move away from the Trent/Atticus "noise comfort zone." I adore the noise, but it's cool to hear something that's equally interesting but more unexpected. My point is: Trent, Atticus, and Q were still finding their footing with the EP, so I'm expecting/hoping the full-length to be more defined and more along the lines of the dance-y alternative pop vibe of "Fur Lined." The fact that Trent has stated the HTDA LP is almost the total opposite of Dragon Tattoo seems to lend itself to that possibility. I would not mind some unabashedly upbeat, danceable tunes from these 3.

Hooray speculation!

carpenoctem
01-11-2012, 10:08 PM
Yeah, but Fur-Lined is really just an expansion of what Trent did with Only. I mean they're both great songs but when I think Fur-Lined I don't think it's uniquely HTDA.

Deadpool
01-11-2012, 10:31 PM
Yeah, but Fur-Lined is really just an expansion of what Trent did with Only. I mean they're both great songs but when I think Fur-Lined I don't think it's uniquely HTDA.

I hear you, and I agree. You could cite at least 2 NIN songs for every HTDA song, but the whole scuzzy disco angle has got to be the least explored is what I'm trying to say. It sounds like they're having the most fun with Fur Lined, too, which is another reason it stands out: I can't NOT think of the teaser with Trent, Atticus, and Q all playing the synth breakdown in the studio. It's also got the least Trent-like vocal phrasing if you ask me (I don't even think he does backing vocals on it). Again, it's just what I'm hoping for.

In any case, I think it'll be a wholly satisfying album. I can't remember what the general reception was for the EP on ETS when it came out, but I don't recall it being too great - which could work to the advantage of the full-length.

witte
01-12-2012, 04:48 AM
Hey guys, don't forget: the music of HTDA, NIN, TSN, TGWTDT, Quake etc etc ...... ís Trent! The way he approach a song will always be recognizable.
I'm in the phase that I don't talk about all these bands and projects anymore. I'm in the phase I talk about what Trent Reznor creates.
Now it's TGWTDT, next will be HTDA and after that maybe NIN again.
Trent Reznor is the reference, not NIN!
;)

vvv well, it's the best song on the album vvv

sheepdean
01-12-2012, 05:06 AM
Not EVERYTHING Trent does sounds like Trent: http://sheepdean.tumblr.com/post/4613524418/madame-x-robbie-robertson-feat-eric-clapton-and

NotoriousTIMP
01-12-2012, 11:02 AM

Great, so she's becoming the new TR and will be using 'soon' in reference to everything....here we go again!

Tapatapa?

sheepdean
01-12-2012, 11:36 AM
I wonder if Reznor heating use "Soon" in their promo material.

carpenoctem
01-12-2012, 04:14 PM
I'm in the phase that I don't talk about all these bands and projects anymore. I'm in the phase I talk about what Trent Reznor creates.
Now it's TGWTDT, next will be HTDA and after that maybe NIN again.
Trent Reznor is the reference, not NIN!

True, but it's not just Trent we should be paying attention to anymore. That's probably the best thing about him being in a full-fledged band. I know he's always worked a lot with other musicians in the past (Dave Grohl was probably the best thing to happen to WT), but it was always his vision and his alone. With Angels it seems like he's really trying to step out of the spotlight and explore the dynamic of a true collaboration. Remember those first promo pics where he was way in the background facing away from the camera with Q and Atticus in front?

Bonedwarf
01-30-2012, 08:39 AM
I wonder if Reznor heating use "Soon" in their promo material.

Oh we're I not on tapatalk I'd like that so hard you'd feel dirty in the morning.

slave2thewage
01-30-2012, 09:29 AM
Oh we're I not on tapatalk I'd like that so hard you'd feel dirty in the morning.
Lol, what in blazes...

sheepdean
02-01-2012, 08:55 PM
HTDA/Q posted a new pic http://instagr.am/p/nA3A1/

carpenoctem
02-01-2012, 09:41 PM
She is even cagier than her husband when it comes to teasing new material. :)

sheepdean
02-01-2012, 09:44 PM
I love how they use the projector to show the band name and images. I'm sure during recording it plays something else, but the idea of them cycling through artwork just seems lovely to me.

Deadpool
02-01-2012, 10:20 PM
^Wow, I didn't even notice that! Awesome! In between and after Dragon Tattoo sessions, I'm sure the band had a fun time with that screen + projector. It's really cool that they've kept it around as another decorative/atmospheric element for the studio.

carpenoctem
02-02-2012, 03:47 PM
I can see them as a band placing a higher concentration on visuals. I love the stuff they reblog on their tumblr, so surreal and beautiful.

steelnails95
02-09-2012, 09:18 PM
Not EVERYTHING Trent does sounds like Trent: http://sheepdean.tumblr.com/post/4613524418/madame-x-robbie-robertson-feat-eric-clapton-and

I actually hear alot of Trent in this song. The whole background and atmosphere sounds like it came from ghosts..

sheepdean
02-10-2012, 07:45 PM
"The next to the last day of finishing mixing the new How To Destroy Angels record. Excited about this!" - TR on twitter

Santos L Halper
02-10-2012, 07:45 PM
Trent just tweeted "The next to the last day of finishing mixing the new How To Destroy Angels record. Excited about this!

Edit: Sorry for posting the same thing...must have posted it at the same time or something.

sheepdean
02-10-2012, 07:51 PM
You were about a second behind me lol. Considering how long it took Slip to go from mixed to released, anyone else expecting an announcement next week?

jessamineny
02-10-2012, 08:06 PM
You were about a second behind me lol. Considering how long it took Slip to go from mixed to released, anyone else expecting an announcement next week?

The Slip was an experiment, from how quickly it was written/recorded to how it was released.

They've really been working on this baby. I think we can expect a more traditional release.

sheepdean
02-10-2012, 08:10 PM
I don't think a release will be next week (sadly), but the fact there's no label stopping them means they can say "album is done, pre orders and art available now", and release it in like March after some promotion.

Would be nice to see another video too.

MrSlfDstruct
02-10-2012, 09:16 PM
I liked the Slip tactic of digital first followed by physical release. That way you get giddy excitement twice for the same album :D I can't remember, was the EP digital first followed by physical? I just remember I had to go to a few stores to get the EP, and ended up having to give FYE some money :mad:

sheepdean
02-10-2012, 09:37 PM
The EP was digital first, yes (followed by vinyl). Ideally I'd like to see them all on the same day, but I can see the staggered release being good marketing and consumer awareness.

BRoswell
02-10-2012, 11:37 PM
I don't see the LP being released in the very near future, but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Side note: I was surprised to realize that the EP is nearly two years old. It doesn't feel like it's been that long, but I guess it has. It still holds up well for me, especially The Space In Between. There's something amazingly sinister about that song. I know some want to see the LP go into a different direction, but I don't think they should completely abandon the sound they crafted on the EP.

GoodSoldier333
02-10-2012, 11:43 PM
I too want a kick-ass music video.

And i want Fincher to direct it.

And i want some cake.

gorast
02-11-2012, 12:37 AM
This is what I'm hoping for. We know that Trent doesn't like to sit on his music anymore unless he has to (like with the soundtracks, right?)

witte
02-11-2012, 03:41 AM
Hey people, why is everybody so inpatient?
The new CD/vinyl will come. Enjoy the prelude or in the meantime enjoy TGWTDT OST (this is still só fresh and excited) or listen again to the first HTDA CD.
Relax and don't act like spoiled kids.....
It's a privilege to be part of this. Trent does a great job making music year by year....

GoodSoldier333
02-11-2012, 04:01 AM
Spoiled? Where do you see impatience my friend? I see excitement and speculation.

witte
02-11-2012, 04:14 AM
Then we are on the right way ;)

witte
02-11-2012, 12:35 PM
My spot - in the film Limitless, The Believers features about 40 minutes in. Was stunned, had no idea prior to it
Watching the movie right now, great to see the action with the music!
I didn't know and I was a little surprised.

WorzelG
02-11-2012, 01:59 PM
EXcited as Trent has just tweeted they're on the second to last day of mixing

I'm hoping for a video as well and some little build up like last time

bobbie solo
02-11-2012, 05:23 PM
It's a privilege to be part of this.

i cant stand when people write things like this. so ridiculous. this thread is about people being excited for new music.

witte
02-11-2012, 09:18 PM
Then we are on the right way ;)

Hey, someone else already made his point. ^^I replied.

I tried into perspective with my argument.
See it as a slip of the pen, ok?

carpenoctem
02-12-2012, 12:46 AM
Yeah, let's not play Trent's bodyguard and start policing a few excited fans. Bring on the new music - I still listen to the EP a lot and it's really good. You guys realize this is the first proper album he'll have released in four years? Crazy.

sheepdean
02-12-2012, 12:47 AM
Yeah, let's not play Trent's bodyguard and start policing a few excited fans. Bring on the new music - I still listen to the EP a lot and it's really good. You guys realize this is the first proper album he'll have released in four years? Crazy.
So what were TSN and TGWTDT?

carpenoctem
02-12-2012, 08:27 AM
Soundtracks. It's a very different type of music than what he's made in the past. It's meant to evoke moods, and it usually changes very slowly and imperceptibly. It's meant to do its job without you even knowing it's there. Whereas with a proper album, you're really listening and engaging, because it's full of actual songs with structure and change.

witte
02-12-2012, 08:38 AM
http://distilleryimage1.instagram.com/7fc27354550911e1b9f1123138140926_7.jpg

jessamineny
02-14-2012, 02:47 PM
Even though I was not a fan of the EP (I'm not sure I've listened to it since release week... man), I'm finding myself honestly excited to hear the first album.

Shnoorum
02-15-2012, 08:26 PM
I adored the EP. Now that the album is most likely completed the wait is killing me. I'm literally checking theninhotline.com, twitter feeds, and here a good 10 times per day. Don't think I could be more hyped if I tried

Ryan
02-19-2012, 05:14 AM
I adored the EP. Now that the album is most likely completed the wait is killing me. I'm literally checking theninhotline.com, twitter feeds, and here a good 10 times per day. Don't think I could be more hyped if I tried

Same here, got A Drowning on now.

sheepdean
02-23-2012, 10:59 AM
So, the LP can't be too far off: anyone hoping for an LE? Or at least a 5.1 mix (would explain why mixing took so long too)?

witte
02-23-2012, 12:06 PM
5.1 would be great!

WorzelG
02-23-2012, 12:33 PM
I'll be happy with just a cd that I can order that comes with a download link - I just want it on my iPod, no need for anything fancy. There were quite a few problems with ordering the LE GWTDT set weren't there?

somewhat_
02-23-2012, 03:41 PM
I'm guessing the LP announcement/release will come in March/April with a short tour in July/August.

Santos L Halper
02-23-2012, 07:04 PM
I'm guessing the LP announcement/release will come in March/April with a short tour in July/August.

Hopefully the announcement and such will come sooner than later. I am itching to hear what the LP sounds like.

MrSlfDstruct
02-23-2012, 08:07 PM
I was really expecting to hear something by now. The wait is a killer! I've never refreshed Twitter so much.

carpenoctem
02-23-2012, 09:07 PM
March for sure. It's done mixing, and Trent said he expected it to be out in the first quarter, so get excited.

Ryan
02-25-2012, 05:29 PM
I'm excited.

theimage13
02-25-2012, 07:30 PM
So, the LP can't be too far off: anyone hoping for an LE? Or at least a 5.1 mix

No and no. The only time I've ever felt compelled to buy anything more than the album itself is when a band includes a "making of" DVD with it - I'm a very behind-the-scenes oriented person. And 5.1? Nope. Give me something I can listen to on a good pair of ears or any decent stereo speakers.

witte
02-26-2012, 04:41 AM
.....when a band includes a "making of" DVD with it .........
Yes, I'm thinking about this for a long time now. It would be an eye-opener for us Reznor fans to let us enjoy a 'behind the scene' video from one or two songs. A new dimension, a new step involving fans!
Around the WT era Trent used webcams to let us look into his 'kitchen' several times. From the first HTDA EP he did let us see some edits/parts of a track as prelude.
So, yes, great idea.

..... And 5.1? Nope. Give me something I can listen to on a good pair of ears or any decent stereo speakers.
Hey man, Trent stands for high quality stereo sound productions. So this is standard. A 5.1 mix would only be an extra!

theimage13
02-26-2012, 06:49 AM
Oh, don't get me wrong here. I'm not saying that "LE" editions of albums or 5.1 mixes are an awful thing and that people shouldn't want them. I'm just saying that neither one of them is my cup of tea, that's all. Just give me good music, and I've got all I need.

carpenoctem
02-26-2012, 11:00 AM
Animal Collective recently released a time lapse video of one of their albums being made. They had set up some cameras in their studio that would take one-second videos every hour, and then they'd put them all together and play it. It ended up being about two minutes and some change, but it was a really cool way to watch the guys mess around and construct the album. I'd love it if Trent did something like this.

botley
02-28-2012, 07:29 AM
Animal Collective recently released a time lapse video of one of their albums being made. They had set up some cameras in their studio that would take one-second videos every hour, and then they'd put them all together and play it. It ended up being about two minutes and some change, but it was a really cool way to watch the guys mess around and construct the album. I'd love it if Trent did something like this.
You mean, like, the webcams they had going in Nothing Studios while they were recording With Teeth? Which people later turned into slightly-less-boring animated GIFs?

carpenoctem
02-28-2012, 03:46 PM
Oh, didn't know about that. Cool. It does have to be presented in an interesting format though, because even the diehard fans aren't going to sit around watching their sugar Trent Reznor twiddle knobs for eight hours.

NIN64
02-28-2012, 04:13 PM
Oh, didn't know about that. Cool. It does have to be presented in an interesting format though, because even the diehard fans aren't going to sit around watching their sugar Trent Reznor twiddle knobs for eight hours.

...you'd be surprised. . .

botley
02-28-2012, 10:07 PM
Fuck yeah! It was like a party on this site when that shit was on. Hell, that's why I signed up here in the first place.

Corey Bloom
02-29-2012, 07:12 PM
How much longer do you think it will be until the album is out or we at least get an update?

ltrandazzo
02-29-2012, 10:03 PM
Here you go on the razor USB - http://t.co/z6hzMygq

WorzelG
03-01-2012, 02:19 AM
How much longer do you think it will be until the album is out or we at least get an update?

I thought Feb 29, leap year would have been the perfect time to announce something, I'm hoping for something to happen this month at least

gorast
03-01-2012, 02:24 AM
Here you go on the razor USB - http://t.co/z6hzMygq
But this is the HTDA topic...?

Can anyone make sense of that tweet that was sent a bit ago from @destroyangels? Specifically the phrase attached to it.

Bloomy92
03-01-2012, 02:31 AM
But this is the HTDA topic...?

Can anyone make sense of that tweet that was sent a bit ago from @destroyangels? Specifically the phrase attached to it.

the only thing i can see is the word day

sheepdean
03-01-2012, 11:03 AM
Reckon it's a puzzle or just jargon?

eversonpoe
03-01-2012, 02:35 PM
the chance of it being completely random seems unlikely. unless mariqueen just likes to fuck with people. who knows, man...

carpenoctem
03-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Perhaps Q is so excited at the prospect of finally releasing her new band's long-awaited first LP that she head-desked the keyboard? I know that's what I'm doing right about now :D

somewhat_
03-01-2012, 07:50 PM
I'm not sure why I think this... is it the album cover?

jessamineny
03-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Reckon it's a puzzle or just jargon?

First letters of all words in song titles, plus photo of part of album cover.

My vote.

somewhat_
03-01-2012, 08:52 PM
http://instagr.am/p/nA3A1/

The green background looks very similar to this picture.

carpenoctem
03-02-2012, 04:04 PM
First letters of all words in song titles, plus photo of part of album cover.

My vote.

You think the album has 19 songs?

jessamineny
03-02-2012, 04:53 PM
You think the album has 19 songs?

I think it's quite possible that some songs on the album have more than one word. :P

carpenoctem
03-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Ahhh I catch your drift

bgalbraith
03-02-2012, 10:31 PM
As much as I would like it to mean something, the character pattern seems consistent with someone hitting the iPhone keyboard at random with their thumbs. The characters are mostly centered around the sides.

gorast
03-03-2012, 06:26 PM
As much as I would like it to mean something, the character pattern seems consistent with someone hitting the iPhone keyboard at random with their thumbs. The characters are mostly centered around the sides.
They're trolling us, then. Perfect.

FernandoDante
03-04-2012, 10:37 AM
Really hope it's NOT the cover art...

GoodSoldier333
03-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Really hope it's NOT the cover art...

Hahahahaha

NIN64
03-09-2012, 06:17 PM
I'm starting to think it's not coming out. . .

sheepdean
03-09-2012, 06:39 PM
I'm sure it will, but it seems odd that we have such total radio silence for a full album, when for a short EP we had so much stuff.

carpenoctem
03-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Myself, I am hoping for a sudden onslaught of new music, no teasers or waiting. Just the whole thing all at once.

sheepdean
03-09-2012, 07:11 PM
I like the old way of doing things though, a single with a video, some teasers or whatever, album art being announced before the album's release, that kind of thing.

Although tbh, I just want the record, idgaf how they do it now :P

theimage13
03-09-2012, 07:40 PM
^^^

Meh. I'm not a big fan of "hey, we have this album that's all ready to go, but we're going to make you wait months just to make sure we tell enough people before the sale date". I love the "hey! Album's done! Come get it!" approach. Little studio teasers (ala the EP, the weird postings before Ghosts, etc) are just as good at building momentum.

I hope this is sarcasm. There's nothing to indicate that it isn't coming out; it's just taking longer than what many of us would have liked it to. But I'm all for waiting if it means the album is going to come out sounding exactly the way the writers want it to.

sheepdean
03-10-2012, 07:11 AM
Implication from twitter is that it's finished though - mixing was done in February, and mastering MUST be done by now. Unless they're putting it on BluRay (which would rock), it already sounds how they want it to.

Deadpool
03-10-2012, 01:11 PM
I'm still pretty curious about The Bug's involvement. We haven't had any official HTDA remixes yet, so maybe in addition to the debut LP, Trent/Atticus/Mariqueen have been overseeing their first Remix EP, or maybe even companion LP! That would be pretty badass. There are plenty of good remixers out there, but I would personally love to see what Gui Boratto and Trentemøller would do to a Destroy Angels track - those guys consistently turn out cool and interesting stuff. Man, I would love that.

Horican
03-10-2012, 03:55 PM
I'm still pretty curious about The Bug's involvement. We haven't had any official HTDA remixes yet, so maybe in addition to the debut LP, Trent/Atticus/Mariqueen have been overseeing their first Remix EP, or maybe even companion LP! That would be pretty badass. There are plenty of good remixers out there, but I would personally love to see what Gui Boratto and Trentemøller would do to a Destroy Angels track - those guys consistently turn out cool and interesting stuff. Man, I would love that.
I am hoping that he is involved in the actual record and not some remixes. i would really be interested in seeing the band collaborate with other musicians, especially if they're as unique and distinctive as the bug, and try to make something that doesn't quite come from the same universe as the rest of the trent-related projects.

sheepdean
03-10-2012, 05:07 PM
From what The Bug tweeted, I think he made a hook/beat for HTDA, which they will perform with/over.

carpenoctem
03-10-2012, 07:37 PM
Yeah it's taking much longer than I thought (I was pretty stoked for January for some reason?), but then again, they're professionals and their final products always end up sounding great. It must take a lot of work. It's like a "Don't rush, but seriously, go ahead and rush" kind of predicament for me.

FernandoDante
03-10-2012, 09:55 PM

You're referring to The Fragile's reissue, right?

Deadpool
03-11-2012, 03:28 PM
I suppose another thing to consider is that Rob is finishing up the artwork and packaging for the Dragon Tattoo deluxe edition. Once that ships, maybe he'll be able to devote his full attention to helping with the HTDA art. I'm as anxious as anyone, but I'm sure the final product will be worth it. I'm gonna try to use this downtime to try to save up for some potentially exquisite physical packages.

Corey Bloom
03-12-2012, 08:41 PM
When do you guys think it will be released?

sheepdean
03-12-2012, 08:52 PM
''Soon'' .

cashpiles (closed)
03-13-2012, 10:49 AM
April 9, 2012.

Infidel Hearts

sheepdean
03-13-2012, 12:46 PM
Second time I've seen that date. Source or just speculation?

carpenoctem
03-13-2012, 03:48 PM
Where else did you see that date? Also, cool name if that happens to be legit.

butter_hole
03-13-2012, 05:25 PM
its cashpiles, people.

sheepdean
03-13-2012, 05:47 PM
Where else did you see that date? Also, cool name if that happens to be legit.
A friend of mine claims it was posted then deleted from a site he knows. I was sceptical, but now I've seen it twice. But, if cashpiles saw it from the same source, or someone who saw it from the same source, then I return to my original opinion of false alarm.

theimage13
03-13-2012, 08:47 PM
April 9, 2012.

Infidel Hearts

Monday?

Consider me skeptical.

carpenoctem
03-13-2012, 09:14 PM
Skepticism for any number of reasons is valid at this point, but surely not for a potential Monday release? Trent and co. don't have any reason to operate by industry standards anymore. In fact it's just so weird and random that I'd say it's even likely.

sheepdean
03-13-2012, 09:21 PM
Industry standards exist for a reason. Assuming the normal midnight announcement, how many people are up midnight before monday, with work, school etc. meaning they need sleep. Friday and Saturday are the best bets for a midnight release I'd wager.

Of course, if the ANNOUNCEMENT is before then, and the Monday is so everyone can ship/stock it at the start of the week, then maybe, who knows. Personally, I'm down with it coming out any day of the week, so long as it comes out!

AgentofChaos
03-14-2012, 01:45 AM
LOVE the name if it is indeed true. Just seeing it immediately got me more excited to listen to this.

I'd say its probably 50/50 true/false, and I'm leaning slightly on the side of it being true, but how much of that is me *wanting* it to be true is hard to say.

Very rare in this day for something like that to leak out of the TR camp, but the timing is right, it sounds like something the record would be called... I don't know.

Hopefully it gets cleared up soon one way or the other with an official HTDA update.

theimage13
03-14-2012, 06:02 AM
Skepticism for any number of reasons is valid at this point, but surely not for a potential Monday release? Trent and co. don't have any reason to operate by industry standards anymore. In fact it's just so weird and random that I'd say it's even likely.

Yes, but if they're going the non-traditional route, I'd be surprised to see the date leaked out already. I had the same thought, but I figured that if they were just going to release when ready, we'd hear about it when they wanted us to.

Of course, that said, I'd be a happy camper if it actually did come out in early April.

NIN64
03-14-2012, 09:22 AM
Nah it's not coming out. . .

sheepdean
03-14-2012, 03:28 PM
Asked Q, info on this thread is false. Sadly she's not said WHEN, but not then and not that title

Corey Bloom
03-14-2012, 03:35 PM
Ask her if its done and when we can expect an announcement

sheepdean
03-14-2012, 03:39 PM
I don't want to harass the poor woman, but I did ask if there was a "soon" and she chose not to reply, so I assume that if there is an answer, we're not to know it yet.

Of course, I also think it's finished as mixing had one day left when we heard about it last month :P

carpenoctem
03-14-2012, 10:42 PM
Cool, thanks for the info! Maybe even sooner than April sixth? #dreaming

princessomega
03-15-2012, 09:25 AM
I feel all the same wants as all of you.
Lately Ive been blasting the EP in my car...with hopes that it sends a signal out to the universe to get that album released. :p
In all seriousness this is the one album that Im really looking forward to this year, and given that 2/3 of the band has a newborn things might be a little slower comming about.
I can understand that...but the wait is killing me.

Santos L Halper
03-15-2012, 07:50 PM
Mariqueen just tweeted "i have a lot of good news but i just can't tell anyone yet...". I certainly hope the tweet was HTDA related...but who knows.

carpenoctem
03-16-2012, 02:52 PM
A third baby cometh

leo3375
03-18-2012, 05:28 PM
I think she has some live performance information coming but nothing's finalized yet.

fernandopassion
03-19-2012, 04:11 PM
All I know is I'm going to have minimum $300 on the ready for whenever an announcement is made, because who the hell knows anymore. :)

butter_hole
03-19-2012, 05:43 PM
A third baby cometh
already? jeez at least let it close up before you rip it open again

danebraddy
03-20-2012, 01:59 AM
‏ @mariqueen just tweeted:

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Total. Wordsmith. :p

WorzelG
03-20-2012, 03:30 AM
already? jeez at least let it close up before you rip it open again

Yuk, I had a baby 3 months ago and that brought back some horrible memories!

I was hoping for some build-up to the release, like videos or something,but it's been going on so long I now think they'll just release it very suddenly, hope it's before April as jt would be a good present for my birthday

theimage13
03-20-2012, 06:20 AM
April Fool's Day release. anyone?

gorast
03-20-2012, 02:44 PM
‏ @mariqueen just tweeted:

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Total. Wordsmith. :p
ARG <- why can't I just post this, character count requirements are irritating

Leviathant
03-20-2012, 03:08 PM
ARG <- why can't I just post this, character count requirements are irritating

I think that three-character posts are irritating, and don't contribute much (if anything) to the conversation. For example, your post was kind of a waste of space, and the character limit told you as much. So then you went full-on off-topic, and posted something in the HTDA forum that should actually be in the Reports & Suggestions forum.

carpenoctem
03-20-2012, 03:17 PM
April Fool's Day release. anyone?

I don't think they would do that; then Trent would have to push the release of Strobelight back another year, and I don't think at this point in his career that's something he can afford to do.

MrSlfDstruct
03-21-2012, 12:30 PM
LOL I'm still dying to hear Clap Trap Crack Slap.

Shnoorum
03-22-2012, 07:09 PM
Now this is just an idea but what if the razor blade usb for TGWTDT limited edition has some HTDA related stuff in it? HTDA did appear on the soundtrack and Trent has been known for his hidden USB trickery. I'm assuming not but it's an idea none the less

sheepdean
03-22-2012, 07:45 PM
It would be a major dick move to charge $300 for a sneak preview of HTDA - the USB stick has IYLSE? in HQ, I doubt there's any more.

NIN64
03-22-2012, 08:25 PM
I have a feeling that we won't have any news until about 3/30. Null Co. might have some shit going on on or around that date, and I bet that we'll get some info slightly after that. . .

carpenoctem
03-22-2012, 09:17 PM
Well, I guess technically it would still be in the first quarter of 2012 like he said in that Rolling Stone interview. Read the fine print, people, you might just get what you want on the very last day possible. Oh, to be a fan of Trent Reznor.

WorzelG
03-23-2012, 03:30 AM
It would be a major dick move to charge $300 for a sneak preview of HTDA - the USB stick has IYLSE? in HQ, I doubt there's any more.

Eh? They'd still get the TGWTDT package, the preview would be just a delicious bonus

Shnoorum
03-23-2012, 03:39 AM

Well I was thinking there may be a more direct reason as to why the limited edition was delayed. It's also not like Trent to sit and do nothing at all when releasing an album. He usually finds a way to hype it up and I'd say this would probably work. I'm probably wrong, I just want a date to look forward to

BenAkenobi
03-23-2012, 06:35 AM
all they're probably doing is waiting on Mark Weaver (or whoever that was) to design something no so rehashed :)

theimage13
03-23-2012, 07:10 AM
all they're probably doing is waiting on Mark Weaver (or whoever that was) to design something no so rehashed :)

Great, now it'll never come out.

*cough*

What's the "Null Co/March 30" post all about? Somebody know something we don't, or just another April Fool's Day joke?

xfocalinx
03-23-2012, 07:54 AM
What's the "Null Co/March 30" post all about?

Out of curiosity, where is said post?

NIN64
03-23-2012, 04:22 PM
What's the "Null Co/March 30" post all anout?Out of curiosity, where is said post?

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo Deluxe Score is released that day.

theimage13
03-23-2012, 07:04 PM
Out of curiosity, where is said post?

About five posts above yours.

http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/80-LP-Fapping?p=23419#post23419

Extar
03-25-2012, 03:06 PM
very interesting!

Early Cabaret Voltaire is definitely a good direction to be taking. HURRY UP.

Harry Seaward
03-27-2012, 06:01 PM
Somewhat relevant, Mariqueen just posted that she is at her acupuncture appointment... Why do all the artists I like have to be morons?

sheepdean
03-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Somewhat relevant, Mariqueen just posted that she is at her acupuncture appointment... Why do all the artists I like have to be morons?
Maybe she's diabetic so can't take sugar pills, so needs her placebos in another form?

theimage13
03-27-2012, 06:22 PM

One of my college professors used to suffer chronic migraines after an auto accident. After years of skepticism, she took a friend's offer to try acupuncture. She hasn't had a migraine since her first visit. Are you calling her a moron, too? Just wondering.

sheepdean
03-27-2012, 06:42 PM
Acupuncture is good for acute pain like that, due to the releasing of that hormone that makes you feel good that I forget the name of. For everything else, it's bull, like most alternative "medicines".

carpenoctem
03-27-2012, 07:47 PM
I want to listen to the new How To Destroy Angels while getting acupunctured. Is that wrong? Also, is acupunctured a word.

theimage13
03-27-2012, 08:04 PM
To be fair, after watching Final Destination 5 (a mistake, I might add), I'd be pretty paranoid about ever trying it.

But, back on topic: I do wish we would get some sort of relevant update on the LP, even if it's still just a ridiculous tease. I definitely wouldn't be upset to see videos like the ones that accompanied the EP...I still watch those every once in a while.

Bonedwarf
03-27-2012, 11:27 PM

Acupuncture is long established as a viable medical practice, and in fact due to my severe back problems I've been told, by my specialist, that acupuncture is about the only thing that might bring me some relief short of steroid injections into my spine.

As for Mariqueen having it... Perhaps she has chronic pain from something.

bobbie solo
03-28-2012, 12:21 AM
she's super super hot, let her do what she wants.

buckaroo
03-28-2012, 12:11 PM
i'm really surprised there has been no announcement on this at all. i actually thought there would have release information by now or at least a mention that it was being delayed. i hope it doesn't end up in the void with the fragile deluxe...

NIN64
03-28-2012, 01:30 PM
I have a strong psychic belief that the band broke up, and there is no more HTDA. . .

Shnoorum
03-28-2012, 03:01 PM
I'm thinking there has to be some sort of word very soon after the release of TGWTDT vinyl. Maybe they're just focusing on that since its nearest in the future. If theres no word within a week afterwards, I'm gonna start worrying a bit. This is painfully cruel

plusminus
03-28-2012, 04:05 PM
I am sure Trent wants to get the vinyl to the people who ordered them and get that dealt with. I am sure he isn't pleased with it being delayed. Info on HTDA should come soon after that I would hope.

carpenoctem
03-28-2012, 06:21 PM
I have a strong psychic belief that the band broke up, and there is no more HTDA. . .

Bite your tongue!

I think it will be cool if they release a whole new album basically out of nowhere, but I'm thinking at least a few weeks advance notice, with a new single to lead the way. So... maybe late April?

somewhat_
03-28-2012, 06:34 PM
I'm not sure why a TGWTDT vinyl release would be any reason to delay the HTDA album. Maybe it's more likely they are waiting to release it closer to when they can tour.

jessamineny
03-28-2012, 06:43 PM

I think it's much more likely that this is an extremely important project to TR, and that this is just a calculated and careful musical release -- especially given that the EP was not exactly enthusiastically embraced, and given that he has a reputation for perfectionist tendencies.

Shnoorum
03-28-2012, 08:03 PM
God I hope I we hear something soon. I've been cycling through random bands on my MP3 just to keep me going but its just not the same

carpenoctem
03-28-2012, 09:33 PM
I think it's much more likely that this is an extremely important project to TR, and that this is just a calculated and careful musical release -- especially given that the EP was not exactly enthusiastically embraced, and given that he has a reputation for perfectionist tendencies.

I doubt he cares much how the EP was received, and I super doubt it would have any influence on how he chooses to release the LP that follows. Calculated and careful though, for sure - that's his style.

sheepdean
03-28-2012, 09:47 PM
If it's not 31st March (last possible day of Q1), then I predict 5th April, as that's Q's bday

Harry Seaward
03-28-2012, 11:11 PM
Acupuncture is long established as a viable medical practice

That's just not true. Don't tell me that your 'specialist' who gave you advice was a chiropractor?

If it's not 31st March (last possible day of Q1)

Why should an unsigned band care about when the financial quarters are?

gorast
03-28-2012, 11:24 PM
Why should an unsigned band care about when the financial quarters are?
Because that's the time bracket in which Trent said we'd see the album? Unless his quarters are somehow different from the calendar's.

sheepdean
03-28-2012, 11:29 PM
Of course, if they consider Quarters to be literally 1/4 of the year, then Q1 ends on 1st April #semantics

Harry Seaward
03-28-2012, 11:29 PM
Because that's the time bracket in which Trent said we'd see the album? Unless his quarters are somehow different from the calendar's.

Oh. My reply was half sarcasm/half genuine. I don't know much about the music 'industry', I just didn't understand why it would matter to anyone but a label suit.

gorast
03-29-2012, 12:13 AM
Oh. My reply was half sarcasm/half genuine. I don't know much about the music 'industry', I just didn't understand why it would matter to anyone but a label suit.
Yeah I'd just think he said it because he's been in the business and most of us know enough to gather what that time period is so we'd know when to expect it.

I wonder if he/they'll just sort of spring the album on us with zero promotion or warning.

sheepdean
03-29-2012, 12:15 AM
Whilst I want the album asap, dropping an debut album with no promotion is mighty unwise if you want to actually sell any copies. Lead single/LP/Second single is a tried and tested formula

xfocalinx
03-29-2012, 05:45 PM
Could it be possible that legally trent isn't allowed to give any information on this until the dragon tattoo soundtrack is 100% released? Like I know sometimes bands aren't allowed to advertise future tours while currently on a tour..?

sheepdean
03-29-2012, 05:57 PM
That would only be if HTDA was on a label, and the same one as the score work - whilst a film company might ask no other releases until the film is out in the cinemas, Trent didn't even stick to that (Zoo Station). I'm sure there's reasons, I just wish we knew SOMETHING

somewhat_
03-29-2012, 07:52 PM
In one of his most recent interviews (http://www.billboard.com/news/trent-reznor-to-write-new-nine-inch-nails-1005867562.story#/news/trent-reznor-to-write-new-nine-inch-nails-1005867562.story), TR stated that it will most likely be a spring release. That takes it possibly all the way to the middle of June. In the past he has said first quarter 2011, fall 2011, and first quarter 2012. This hasn't been a project he has been very accurate with the release time frame (not bitching, just stating a fact), but I'm sure TGWTDT had a lot to do with that.

witte
03-30-2012, 04:24 AM
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/4048/image2mj.jpg

The same for the HTDA Facebook account cover photo.
Something happening.....

sheepdean
03-30-2012, 05:19 AM
What's happening is the date - everyone is being forced over to Timeline tomorrow, so I guess Rob is making sure everything is up to date. No evidence of anything else going on, imo

theimage13
03-30-2012, 05:49 AM
everyone is being forced over to Timeline tomorrow

Off topic, but where do you see that? I read something about commercial pages (bands, businesses, etc) being forced that way, but I still haven't seen a single thing that says when the update is forced on plain ol' user profiles.

sheepdean
03-30-2012, 05:54 AM
Oh, user profiles won't be (yet), but I just meant the others. And I love timeline, so I'm happy :P

gorast
03-30-2012, 01:21 PM
Hm, I thought Timeline for user pages was supposed to go live weeks ago. I guess I just saw a date and misinterpreted it.

Clever choice of cover photo regarding NIN, though. Make us fly into wild speculation, especially considering the HTDA one is just the logo.

Shnoorum
04-02-2012, 07:08 PM
Bah, still no movement at all. Also heard the vinyl edition of TGWTDT was delayed again which sucks. I didn't buy it but I was hoping to hear if my theory was right or not. I really hope I'm wrong now. I wish there was some word on this thing, even if it was just another jibberish twitter update.

somewhat_
04-07-2012, 08:29 PM
Bah, still no movement at all. Also heard the vinyl edition of TGWTDT was delayed again which sucks. I didn't buy it but I was hoping to hear if my theory was right or not. I really hope I'm wrong now. I wish there was some word on this thing, even if it was just another jibberish twitter update.

The wait for this is starting to get kinda rough. I think some of my impatience is from us originally being told it was coming out in the beginning of 2011. It reminds me of The Fragile time period, when Trent was on the cover of Alternative Press magazine for most anticipated albums of 1997; of course, that album didn't come out in 1997 (or '98, so that was a little rougher).

sheepdean
04-07-2012, 09:08 PM
Being due in 2011 is no issue for me - hell, TR theorised it could've been at the end of 2010, although I thought that was unlikely. It's the fact we know it's either finished or is being mastered by the slowest mastering crew known to man is what's getting to me. There's no label holding it down (wasn't that the point of Slip and Ghosts, to show that things could be done with so little time?), packaging may be a concern but having over a month between digital and physical release didn't seem to harm the EP. Unless they plan to do a promotional live show for the LP release, which would require a lot of prep, I can't see what's holding it back now.

No doubt it'll be announced the moment I hit post, and my face will be covered in egg.

carpenoctem
04-07-2012, 10:15 PM
Yeah I'm sure there's a reason I just can't fathom what it is. This is the crucial moment - where everyone knows it's totally ready and prepped to launch and all there is left to do is WAIT. And it sucks​, you guys.

Deadpool
04-08-2012, 12:18 AM
Yeah, the wait's been pretty rough, and I can't tell if it would be more excruciating or less if we didn't get the post about the second-to-last day of mixing. At this point, I just assume artwork/packaging is being finalized, and merch bundles are being developed. The album, musically and sonically speaking, has to be done. There's also the possibility that Trent and company don't want to unveil anything until the book has been closed on the overdue GDT deluxe vinyl, which makes sense to me. That also gives them more time to finely tune Destroy Angels stuff while that manufacturing error gets rectified.

So realistically I'm thinking we'll get a meaty How To Destroy Angels update or announcement by mid-May... or at least some nice teasers instead of total radio silence.

cashpiles (closed)
04-08-2012, 07:16 AM
It may also be that Trent and co. weren't happy with the music and are now going back to the drawing board (this has been my growing concern).

Harry Seaward
04-08-2012, 07:32 AM
It may also be that Trent and co. weren't happy with the music and are now going back to the drawing board (this has been my growing concern).

You shut your whore mouth, that's impossible!

carpenoctem
04-08-2012, 08:26 AM
lol. Yeah, I highly doubt that.

witte
04-08-2012, 09:46 AM
I can't get used to the words you people are using... Sorry.

I'm sure everything is fine and Trent & Co. is on schedule. Trent told us the new HTDA was something complete different and he sounded excited. Everything needs to be perfect before it'll be released. They do everything on their own. So I have a good feeling.

Vertigo
04-08-2012, 01:19 PM
They have two Rezlings now. My guess, it's tough to co-ordinate an album launch when you're being woken up five times a night.

sheepdean
04-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Rob has no Sherilings though, and I was under the impression he had a high level of control in things like this

Ryan
04-08-2012, 06:58 PM
Sherilings... lol

Just a two line statement from Trent at this stage would be nice.

AgentofChaos
04-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Despite the obvious debunking, I still have some kind of twisted hope that after midnight tonight we will see some kind of post/site launch for 'Infidel Hearts', or an alternatively titled record.

I don't know why I do this to myself. I'm in dire need of some new tunes and potential summer records to spin countless times on the road I suppose.

sheepdean
04-08-2012, 08:49 PM
HTDA's first song was 4th May, perhaps we'll get a second birthday release

carpenoctem
04-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Rezlings lol. How have I not seen that on ETS before? Is this already accepted NIN vernacular? I need to step up my game.

Vertigo
04-09-2012, 01:20 PM
Rezlings lol. How have I not seen that on ETS before? Is this already accepted NIN vernacular? I need to step up my game.

My own recipe. (That's almost certainly the first time anyone has ever quoted Alien Resurrection.)

Deacon Blackfire
04-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Been waiting on official word on the LP like the rest of you, and with this period of silence following what seemed to be them finishing up the album, I decided to tweet at Rob to see if I could get any hint about it dropped.

Me: "Any chance of you throwing us a bone regarding How To Destroy Angels info? Please? Just a tease would be perfectly fine really"
Rob: "No can do! Not yet."

Not exactly news but clearly the album is still on the way despite fears here to the contrary. The waiting game continues.

carpenoctem
04-10-2012, 03:35 PM
Fears of the album not being on its way are ridiculous because it's only ten days past the window Trent gave us for the album's release. If in October we still haven't heard anything, THEN it's time to panic/cry.

Deacon Blackfire
04-10-2012, 04:42 PM
Agreed. I think people are just kind of restless from how quiet Trent and Co. have been about the release for a while coupled with, as previously mentioned, the fact the album has been given prospective release periods since early 2011. There's a lot of things they could be working on right now (album art, a music video to debut a single a la The Space In Between, even live rehearsals if they plan on touring for the album, etc) but I don't think the release will be too far away. We'll see. In any case I'm still dying to hear what the first cohesive release from this unit sounds like.

somewhat_
04-10-2012, 05:02 PM
I will post more details in the "pointless live speculation" thread, but we could possibly get some interesting information tomorrow.

Harry Seaward
04-10-2012, 05:06 PM
I will post more details in the "pointless live speculation" thread, but we could possibly get some interesting information tomorrow.

Yes, that's a perfectly fine note to leave a comment on.

No further explanation necessary. Nope, none at all.

somewhat_
04-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Ah, I really wasn't trying to be a tease. I just wanted to have the conversation in the appropriate thread.

Shnoorum
04-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Not that I ever really feared the album was scrapped to begin with but that tiny little ''Not yet'' from Rob Sheridon for some reason has comforted me greatly. Just someone involved in the albums release finally publicly acknowledging its existance is quite nice. Thank you Deacon Blackfire, I could kiss you but you really dont want that.

theimage13
04-10-2012, 05:46 PM

In that thread, you simply stated that a fest lineup gets announced tomorrow, and that "maybe?" HDTA would be involved. Then you called it "pointless speculation". So just to clarify - despite your above post making it sound as though you just might happen to maybe actually have a tiny bit of information, in reality you're just pissing in the wind? Just want to know what kind of speculation we're dealing with here.

somewhat_
04-10-2012, 05:58 PM
In that thread, you simply stated that a fest lineup gets announced tomorrow, and that "maybe?" HDTA would be involved. Then you called it "pointless speculation". So just to clarify - despite your above post making it sound as though you just might happen to maybe actually have a tiny bit of information, in reality you're just pissing in the wind? Just want to know what kind of speculation we're dealing with here.

I'm completely speculating. Now that I've re-read my post, I can see why putting "could possibly" in bold might make it sound like I have some info. Sorry about that. I actually meant for it to come off as just a possibility, and should have worded the entire statement better.

theimage13
04-10-2012, 06:26 PM
Eh, no worries. And for what it's worth, I thought there was already some sort of confirmation that they weren't playing Lolla. Maybe I was thinking of Bonnaroo. Meh.

butter_hole
04-10-2012, 06:42 PM
There's a lot of things they could be working on right now (album art, a music video to debut a single a la The Space In Between, even live rehearsals if they plan on touring for the album, etc)

or..two infant children...

FernandoDante
04-12-2012, 01:06 PM
I just think it's weird that they were so excited to tell us that the mixing proccess was nearly done, posting pictures to Instagram, and then.... nothing.

For a month.

Shnoorum
04-12-2012, 04:55 PM
I just think it's weird that they were so excited to tell us that the mixing proccess was nearly done, posting pictures to Instagram, and then.... nothing.

For a month.

Thats what I was thinking. The wait is killing me. Still, I'm sure they'll let us know when they're all ready. I'm just going to continue checking up on it every day untill I hear something

Leviathant
04-12-2012, 05:20 PM

For a month.

I say this with zero knowledge about what's really going on, but to me, that looks like what happens when you finish everything, but have to wait on manufacturing. Particularly given the way the deluxe TGWTDT release went, I would not be surprised if TR wanted to make sure he had absolutely all his ducks in a row for this next release.

FernandoDante
04-12-2012, 11:04 PM
I say this with zero knowledge about what's really going on, but to me, that looks like what happens when you finish everything, but have to wait on manufacturing. Particularly given the way the deluxe TGWTDT release went, I would not be surprised if TR wanted to make sure he had absolutely all his ducks in a row for this next release.
Yeah, that makes sense, I guess. One can only imagine how furious Trent got at the whole TGWTDT vinyl fuck-up.

Harry Seaward
04-13-2012, 01:21 AM
the whole TGWTDT vinyl fuck-up.

I must be out of the loop.

What happened there?

Zipfinator
04-13-2012, 02:08 AM

What happened there?

It's been delayed about 4 times.

eversonpoe
04-13-2012, 09:34 AM

What happened there?

it was originally supposed to ship at the beginning of february, then got pushed back to the end of march, and is now (supposedly) shipping on april 27th.

Shnoorum
04-15-2012, 07:46 PM
I dont know why I do this to myself but I just went and read some of the older interviews about this album and its reignited my hype. I'm assuming theres going to be atleast some posts about it soon after the TGWTDT Deluxe is released. I just really really hope its not another "soon". Don't think my poor breaking heart could handle that

Santos L Halper
04-16-2012, 06:59 PM
Tweet from Trent "Mulholand test drive of the finished new HTDA record"

I would say that more news is imminent.

MrSlfDstruct
04-16-2012, 06:59 PM
"Mulholland test drive of the new HTDA record." From Trent's Twitter.

Bah! You beat me by seconds!

The Reason Being
04-16-2012, 07:00 PM
edit: Thirded, haha.

Still, what a tease.

MrSlfDstruct
04-16-2012, 07:05 PM
Tomorrow IS Tuesday . . .

Today has been exceptionally shitty, some news on this would really pick it up a notch.

Santos L Halper
04-16-2012, 07:06 PM
"Mulholland test drive of the new HTDA record." From Trent's Twitter.

Bah! You beat me by seconds!

I knew it was going to be close with someone.

Shnoorum
04-16-2012, 07:24 PM
Omfg omfg omfg omfg somebody help me, i've just shed 11 years and turned female in excitement

Frozen Beach
04-16-2012, 07:29 PM
Hmm.. A David Lynch reference... I wonder, or do I just dream?

Shnoorum
04-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Yeah, I noticed on HTDA's twitter that they follow David Lynch. Never actually seen anything from him but Dune. Would quite like to see Eraserhead in particular. But more to the point, my sweet porcupine Jesus, HTDA has been mentioned!

NIN64
04-16-2012, 07:48 PM
Maybe he is driving down Mulholland Dr and also listening to the new album.....?

Shnoorum
04-16-2012, 08:07 PM
Obviously everything we say is going to be pure speculation, but anyone else but me hopelessly optimistic about hearing the album tomorrow? My hearts been rejuvinated by this post so I think I can handle some more heart break

screwdriver
04-16-2012, 08:15 PM
Maybe he is driving down Mulholland Dr and also listening to the new album.....?

almost certainly

screwdriver
04-16-2012, 08:16 PM
Yeah, I noticed on HTDA's twitter that they follow David Lynch. Never actually seen anything from him but Dune. Would quite like to see Eraserhead in particular. But more to the point, my sweet porcupine Jesus, HTDA has been mentioned!

... you should probably check out his other movies. given that you're on this board, "Lost Highway" might interest you

Shnoorum
04-16-2012, 08:20 PM
... you should probably check out his other movies. given that you're on this board, "Lost Highway" might interest you

Well yeh, thats probably the most obvious choice given the board and all. Watched a few clips of it and it did look pretty interesting

The Reason Being
04-16-2012, 08:32 PM
Obviously everything we say is going to be pure speculation, but anyone else but me hopelessly optimistic about hearing the album tomorrow? My hearts been rejuvinated by this post so I think I can handle some more heart break

Am I missing something? Does tomorrow hold some sort of significance?