PDA

View Full Version : LP Fapping

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Shnoorum
07-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Yeah, seriously. If they even so much as release the name of a single song I'd probably go full on psychotic drooling mess for atleast a couple of days at this point. I wonder if their plans include the slow reveal like the EP. I'd say that would suck but I remember all the hype of knowing it was close and watching the little teaser videos over and over again. Was all kinds of awesome. At this moment though we have nothing, and it does suck.

I'm gonna make another failed guess and say it's gonna be end August/beginning September that we start hearing music or at the very least some news

dpeters
07-07-2012, 04:37 PM
I see this thread update each day and get excited.

Then I realize there's not even a tracklisting, release date, sample, etc... :/

NIN64
07-08-2012, 06:30 AM
I'm afraid this thing might be dead in the water. . .

sheepdean
07-08-2012, 07:35 AM
I disagree, but I wish there was something, even if it was Mariqueen tweeting a photo of an apple again or something

FernandoDante
07-09-2012, 02:01 AM
Another week passes us by. Desperation setting in now!
A single+video in November is all we'll get this year, IMO.

Shnoorum
07-09-2012, 09:31 AM
A single+video in November is all we'll get this year, IMO.

Call me an optimistic fool but I still have faith we'll see the full album this year

zoomoon
07-09-2012, 06:50 PM
Looks like something must've happened. I'm guessing they went back into the studio to make the material stronger; not a bad idea. I hate to say it, but the "How To Destroy Angels" EP I actually think was the weakest thing Trent Reznor's ever done...probably because it was more of a sketch/let's-see-what-comes-out type of thing. So expectations might be high for the album...

carpenoctem
07-09-2012, 08:21 PM
probably because it was more of a sketch/let's-see-what-comes-out type of thing

All of his sketch/let's-see-what-comes-out projects are below the standard we've come to expect from him. I think the man just works better in long form. No shame in that.

Shnoorum
07-09-2012, 08:37 PM
I dont know. Both Ghosts and the HTDA EP are 2 of my favourite albums of all time. I have absolutely no doubts about my expectations for this album. I think it's very unlikely that I'm gonna end up dissapointed

WorzelG
07-10-2012, 06:49 AM
Quite exciting mention of htda in this interview in terms of what's coming, new idea of distribution?.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2012/07/interview-trent-reznor-pens-black-ops-ii-theme-song/1#.T_wBCttXtPE

Shnoorum
07-10-2012, 07:51 AM
Quite exciting mention of htda in this interview in terms of what's coming, new idea of distribution?.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2012/07/interview-trent-reznor-pens-black-ops-ii-theme-song/1#.T_wBCttXtPE

Ah thanks for that. A lot of awesome news there. He's done pretty much every form of distribution that comes to my mind. I'm guessing cassette tapes!

sheepdean
07-10-2012, 08:23 AM
I'm hoping magnetic tape and 8 track

WorzelG
07-10-2012, 08:37 AM
I like that he said 'videos' plural. I really loved the music video clips that introduced the first EP

sheepdean
07-10-2012, 08:43 AM
I wonder if Rob will direct again? He's only ever done one music video solo (THTF) - although maybe they could get David Fincher to do a video?

Regardless, I love the art feel of the first EP and the tumblr, and I hope it continues with this album.

witte
07-10-2012, 11:05 AM

http://pitchfork.com/news/47115-trent-reznor-writes-new-call-of-duty-theme-song/

botley
07-10-2012, 12:16 PM
"The record will be out soon."

"...record will be out soon."

"...will be out soon."

"...be out soon."

"...out soon."

"...soon."

SOON.

slave2thewage
07-10-2012, 12:40 PM
He should really just wear a collar that shocks him every single time he utters the word "soon".

gorast
07-10-2012, 12:50 PM
That was a good interview, somewhat reignited my excitement for the album. I noticed that he said "about to be", which implies that we're going to get something before September. Hopefully anyway.

Shnoorum
07-10-2012, 02:36 PM
That was a good interview, somewhat reignited my excitement for the album. I noticed that he said "about to be", which implies that we're going to get something before September. Hopefully anyway.

Yeah I noticed that too. The now infamous use of ''soon'' was used in there aswell though so I dont quite know what to make of it exactly. Maybe it's ''about to soon be released''. Am I looking too much into this?

somewhat_
07-10-2012, 04:03 PM
"We have a finished album. It's been finished for a little while. We're doing a little bit of tweaks on it. The record will be out soon. We are doing a different type of distribution this time so it's taking a little bit longer to coordinate stuff."

If tweaks are currently being done then it's technically not finished, correct? So is it only the distribution holding it up or are the tweaks holding it up as well?

jessamineny
07-10-2012, 04:05 PM
If tweaks are currently being done then it's technically not finished, correct? So is it only the distribution holding it up or are the tweaks holding it up as well?

If production is holding it up, you might as well fuck with it, right? I mean, it's just sitting there...

BRoswell
07-10-2012, 08:24 PM
"There's a lot of music about to be unleashed, videos, etcetera."

I totally understand why it's taking as long as it is now. If this is going to be a major release, they need to take the time to make sure they've got all their ducks in a row. I think we were quite spoiled with Ghosts/The Slip and EP 1/The Social Network, but I appreciate that they are taking their time with this.

butter_hole
07-11-2012, 04:58 AM
I think we were quite spoiled with Ghosts/The Slip and EP 1/The Social Network
key sentence

sore_and_crucified
07-11-2012, 03:46 PM
Sounds like this will be as much a visual experience as a musical one, very exciting indeed.

carpenoctem
07-11-2012, 07:26 PM
He should really just wear a collar that shocks him every single time he utters the word "soon".

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/117/012/tumblr_lj57goZvBh1qdjdp1o1_500.jpg

In other news, this article has made my pants explode.

Deadpool
07-14-2012, 02:13 AM
I wonder if Rob will direct again? He's only ever done one music video solo (THTF) - although maybe they could get David Fincher to do a video?

Oh man, a proper Fincher directed video for HTDA would be awesome - something closer to his "Judith" clip especially. Honestly, though, I do think Rupert Sanders set the bar pretty high with his "Space in Between" video. I'd be curious to see what Rob might do, but if they chose to stick with Sanders for the foreseeable future, I certainly wouldn't complain. In any case, I'm really, really excited for the visual component of the next release.

witte
07-14-2012, 08:04 AM
Everybody but not Rob, please. Don't get me wrong, I love Rob's work, but we need some new fresh blood for a different band than NIN.

sheepdean
07-14-2012, 08:54 AM
Oh man, a proper Fincher directed video for HTDA would be awesome - something closer to his "Judith" clip especially. Honestly, though, I do think Rupert Sanders set the bar pretty high with his "Space in Between" video. I'd be curious to see what Rob might do, but if they chose to stick with Sanders for the foreseeable future, I certainly wouldn't complain. In any case, I'm really, really excited for the visual component of the next release.
Sanders is great, but he's a movie director now, and may have too many projects in the pipeline. Then again, he's Atticus' brother-in-law, so maybe he'll find the time for them?

jessamineny
07-14-2012, 11:08 AM
Everybody but not Rob, please. Don't get me wrong, I love Rob's work, but we need some new fresh blood for a different band than NIN.

Food for thought, though: Rob was in the liner notes of the EP as a member of the band. Maybe that is because HTDA is designed to be a band with more integral visual elements than ever before -- directed by Rob (and perhaps now more aggressively created by Rob with the coming of the first album).

Or maybe not. :D

jessamineny
07-16-2012, 08:58 AM
Moved from Random NIN Thoughts:

I'm becoming increasingly convinced that TR will most likely offer new HTDA as some sort off app through appstore and android market seeing as the interview re: the new CoD had him mention that he was going for something different in terms of release compared to previous releases. Sort of in the vein of Björk's Biophilia albeit a bit more ambitious. Color me falsely excited!

I don't have a Smart phone or a tablet, and can't afford either right now. But after going back and looking at all Biophilia had to offer, I'd be really excited if they did something similar. It's hard for me to imagine just how cool it would be. I hope you're right!

theimage13
07-16-2012, 05:45 PM
If he does an app, I'm going to be extremely disappointed if it's iPhone/iPad only. Hell, I wouldn't even have an Android device that supports a current (read: 2.2 or higher) OS if my bank hadn't given me a Fire.

That said, as long as the music itself is still available on good ol' CDs, I'll be well enough off.

carpenoctem
07-16-2012, 08:18 PM
I don't care much about any groundbreaking new presentation of this album, I just want it in my ears. Call me old-fashioned.

witte
07-17-2012, 05:12 AM
... as long as the music itself is still available on good ol' CDs, I'll be well enough off.

And vinyl ;)

sheepdean
07-17-2012, 10:31 AM
And Blu Ray? Maybe? I play Ghosts and TSN a lot on my BD player, it's a shame they didn't have time to do it for TGWTDT, but I hope they can for HTDA

butter_hole
07-18-2012, 06:54 PM
The new Bjork album was one of those "app" albums and it was still available on CD. I doubt he'd fuck off an entire chunk of his fanbase like that.

You wouldn't do that, would you Trent? Course not. You're fucken trent

sick among the pure
07-18-2012, 08:47 PM
He's still releasing albums on vinyl, he's not going to do away with CD anytime soon.

lol, "soon"

dpeters
07-18-2012, 10:26 PM
Oh... fuck you guys. I get so excited when the thread updates and nothing appears. :(

Just kidding.

theimage13
07-19-2012, 07:27 AM
I've adopted this policy: look at the thread count first. If there's that kind of news, the thread count will be higher than 5. If it's still at 5, I expect nothing here other than rumors, speculation, or eager ramblings.

theSplinter04
07-20-2012, 10:53 AM
(nothing to see here)

PhoenixML
07-21-2012, 11:01 PM
Everyday I wish for the news for the HTDA release date... and more money (something like that)

dpeters
07-23-2012, 10:34 AM
Everyday I wish for the news for the HTDA release date... and more money (something like that)
There is no love here and there is no pain, LP news is exactly the same.

Leviathant
07-23-2012, 11:24 AM
I'm going to lock this thread until we get proper news, that way we all stop clicking on it every time someone publicly wishes there was more news.