PDA

View Full Version : LP Fapping

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Shnoorum
04-16-2012, 08:33 PM
Am I missing something? Does tomorrow hold some sort of significance?

Oops, sorry, not as far as I know. Just the post has got me all hyped and shit. Being far too optimistic but a man can dream

onthewall2983
04-16-2012, 08:37 PM
I gather the fapping will go on much faster in light of Trent's latest tweet.

NIN64
04-16-2012, 08:41 PM
I've been fapping for months now. They should change the name of the band to "How to Destroy Your Junk"...

Shnoorum
04-16-2012, 08:45 PM

I'm actually suprised how little movement theres been here so far. Granted this is a NIN board and granted it's just one post, but still... I for one am rather hyped right now

gorast
04-16-2012, 08:51 PM
Teasing bastard. I just want the album to drop at this point. Maybe we'll hear something substantial this week regarding a release.

la_mer
04-16-2012, 10:25 PM
Am I missing something? Does tomorrow hold some sort of significance?

Tomorrow; Tuesday feels kind of familiar, in terms of CDs being released. And Year Zero was released 5 years ago, tomorrow.

Leviathant
04-16-2012, 10:34 PM
I'm worn down and getting older. I'll be excited when I hear the music coming out of my Sennheisers.

dosimp
04-17-2012, 01:29 AM
A few hours ago, TR tweeted: "Mulholland test drive of the finished new HTDA record." For those not familiar, Mullholland is a road in the Santa Monica mountains above L.A.

ManBurning
04-17-2012, 01:52 AM
A few hours ago, TR tweeted: "Mulholland test drive of the finished new HTDA record." For those not familiar, Mullholland is a road in the Santa Monica mountains above L.A.

Guess the first to hear the new tracks blasting out the car window were some senior citizens going for their evening stroll, weezer and Paris Hilton.

butter_hole
04-17-2012, 02:21 AM
This should be fun

sheepdean
04-17-2012, 02:22 AM
So, the album is now on CD (or MP3, through a compatible car stereo). NOW what's the wait?

Shnoorum
04-17-2012, 07:10 AM
I really hope theres another update in the next couple of days. I've actually signed up to Twitter now so I can keep a watch on updates a bit easier. Don't think I can handle another 2 months of silence

joplinpicasso
04-17-2012, 07:11 AM

Also, the fact that you have a David Lynch avatar is quite fitting ;)

I just got pumped out of nowhere for this. Gonna go bump the EP now while I shower.

witte
04-17-2012, 08:50 AM
Great news, people.

Shnoorum
04-17-2012, 08:58 AM
Great news? Something happening?

princessomega
04-17-2012, 09:23 AM
;) I totally could not sleep last night after the tweets went off!
I totally can not wait to hear the new HTDA...
Ive been blasting their EP in my car for weeks now...anticipation..its killing me.

Shnoorum
04-17-2012, 09:31 AM
I was the same. Its driving me insane. Theres been complete silence on twitter from everybody involved in HTDA for the last 5 hours and my minds already all over the place assuming that must be them focusing on the album. Damn you brain, stop getting my hopes up!

WorzelG
04-17-2012, 10:15 AM
It's my birthday today so what a great present it would be for info on this! (just cranking up my FLAC files of the original EP in a celebration)

PhoenixML
04-17-2012, 11:45 AM
I'm worn down and getting older. I'll be excited when I hear the music coming out of my Sennheisers.

haha, I think I know how you feel. Except....

IT'S TRENT REZNOR OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!

carpenoctem
04-17-2012, 03:41 PM
Ahh, it's just like the good old days, when a wee little tweet could produce a whole page in the recently molasses-slow New Album thread and send us devoted ETSers into a tailspin... I can't wait to test this album out in my car at full volume, then arrive at work and test it out on my headphones to hear all the nuances!!Also, happy birthday, Year Zero!

Shnoorum
04-17-2012, 04:29 PM
I hope we get another update tonight. I go back to work tomorrow and I don't want a full day away from the computer

sheepdean
04-17-2012, 04:38 PM
I hope we get an actual update - Trent listening to the album in his car isn't really an update imo, unless some of us were under the impression it was unfinished

Shnoorum
04-17-2012, 04:49 PM
I hope we get an actual update - Trent listening to the album in his car isn't really an update imo, unless some of us were under the impression it was unfinished

I've been assuming it must not be finished to some extent, otherwise it would have been released ages ago. I did assume the music itself was finished however. I know nothing about releasing an album but I thought maybe the production aspect may have been holding them back.

WorzelG
04-17-2012, 05:02 PM
Maybe they're working on packaging of actual CDs - they do take a lot of care with packaging and there were delays with the GWTDT deluxe soundtrack which they would probably want to avoid this time.

I know when it comes I'll want a physical CD as well as just download. Personally I think I'll just order it from them rather than wait for Amazon as I'm not really bothered about when the physical cd arrives as long as I get it at some point, and I don't want to order the download for a fee and then pay again for a cd. Anyway I think that sort of thing is more complicated than we think

Shnoorum
04-17-2012, 05:17 PM
Maybe they're working on packaging of actual CDs - they do take a lot of care with packaging and there were delays with the GWTDT deluxe soundtrack which they would probably want to avoid this time.

I know when it comes I'll want a physical CD as well as just download. Personally I think I'll just order it from them rather than wait for Amazon as I'm not really bothered about when the physical cd arrives as long as I get it at some point, and I don't want to order the download for a fee and then pay again for a cd. Anyway I think that sort of thing is more complicated than we think

Yeah, it must be something to do with that. I'm guessing they just don't want to release it digitally untill they can give us a solid date for the physical release. Still, some word at all would be lovely

MrSlfDstruct
04-17-2012, 05:37 PM
This has gotten me wondering as to what type of system Trent's rockin' in his ride.

sheepdean
04-17-2012, 05:38 PM
Does anyone else not care about the physical packaging anymore, if the music is finished? I'll take a download today and a CD in July, rather than both in July.

The Reason Being
04-17-2012, 05:40 PM
This has gotten me wondering as to what type of system Trent's rockin' in his ride.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/attachments/w220-s-class/302155d1271212050-opinion-your-bose-speaker-system-crazy-car-stereo.jpg

Shnoorum
04-17-2012, 05:41 PM
Does anyone else not care about the physical packaging anymore, if the music is finished? I'll take a download today and a CD in July, rather than both in July.

I would like a physical copy at some point but yes, I would much rather have the download now and wait however long for the cd

carpenoctem
04-17-2012, 05:44 PM
Well there's definitely a precedent for that - I think all his major releases since parting with Interscope have been download now, buy physical copy later. I'm sure this won't be any different.

theimage13
04-17-2012, 06:20 PM
I want them both now ;)

As much as I want to hear the new music, there are some things that I just don't listen to until I have the physical version, artwork and all, in my hands. Waiting for the first EP to show up was bad enough; Ghosts was a huge torment. But the childlike rush I get from pulling off the plastic wrap and actually putting a CD into a CD player is something I still like to save for artists (and their offshoots) that I grew up listening to.

Harry Seaward
04-17-2012, 06:22 PM
Who wants to bet that TR browses this thread/forum laughing at us?

sheepdean
04-17-2012, 06:25 PM
I bet all three of them trawl ETS, eating popcorn whilst listening to the LP

sick among the pure
04-17-2012, 06:44 PM
I still prefer the joy of opening a new cd, looking at the art, popping it in the player, and looking through the booklet.
A single released online, I might listen, but if I'm going to listen to the whole album, I want everything in my hands.

Harry Seaward
04-17-2012, 06:48 PM

I would consider the tweet important.

I'm sure he's listened to the record tons of times. He specifically felt the need to tweet about it for a reason, especially after so much radio silence.

Shnoorum
04-17-2012, 06:58 PM
I'm just at the point where I just want to hear their new sound as quickly as possible. I would definately like the cd, but at this stage, I'm really not worried about when it arrives (assuming they release their music digitally first as has been the case of their newer releases).

MrSlfDstruct
04-17-2012, 07:04 PM
I like the digital release first followed by the physical later. That way you get two things to look forward to :D

jessamineny
04-17-2012, 07:48 PM
I doubt this is getting released before TGWTDT deluxe finally gets shipped. It would be bad form to offer a new product for sale before the last one gets delivered, and TR has a history of doing things right.

FernandoDante
04-17-2012, 08:16 PM
I doubt this is getting released before TGWTDT deluxe finally gets shipped. It would be bad form to offer a new product for sale before the last one gets delivered, and TR has a history of doing things right.
Ugh, FUCK that delay. If you're right, even more reason to get pissed at the vinyl fuck-up.

sheepdean
04-17-2012, 08:24 PM
I agree with jessamineny, but I hope this means it gets released the evening of the same day, not a month later

butter_hole
04-17-2012, 10:53 PM
Or they could put up the digital at any time, then announce (smaller scale) deluxe stuff later. CDs and vinyl aren't that hard to organize, they could do that immediately as well.

If I were them, I'd send a free copy of the album to anyone who was affected by the delay in the GWTDT deluxe. A nice gesture?

BRoswell
04-17-2012, 11:36 PM
If I were them, I'd send a free copy of the album to anyone who was affected by the delay in the GWTDT deluxe. A nice gesture?

Wouldn't be a bad idea. Aphex Twin did something similar when a select group of fans got faulty vinyl copies of one of his releases. He sent them all a vinyl version of an album he hadn't even released yet for their troubles. I don't see Trent and Co. doing this, but maybe everybody who ordered the deluxe package gets a first taste of the new album. Maybe a download code that let's them download a song or two. That would be a good way to make up for the delay without having to release the album in full and to give us something to look forward to still.

BenAkenobi
04-18-2012, 04:10 AM
is it wrong to expect short video teasers from the studio similar to what they did for the ep?

Zipfinator
04-18-2012, 04:27 AM
is it wrong to expect short video teasers from the studio similar to what they did for the ep?

Not wrong. I'm not sure they'd be quite as exciting though since those ones we weren't even sure if it was Trent involved. Not until we saw that Skull lamp and the swarmotron. It could be a nice way to build up to the album/single though.

princessomega
04-18-2012, 11:50 AM
I'm also really looking forward to holding a real CD.
I'm glad to know Im not the only one who still values the physical packaging, and the time and art involved in them.
Yet at this point I dont care if I have to wait awhile to get the CD...I am so anxious to hear the new music.
I seriously can't remember the last time I have been this excited to hear some new music.

screwdriver
04-18-2012, 11:53 AM
Or they could put up the digital at any time, then announce (smaller scale) deluxe stuff later. CDs and vinyl aren't that hard to organize, they could do that immediately as well.

TGWTDT vinyl begs to differ

Shnoorum
04-18-2012, 04:55 PM
I'm also really looking forward to holding a real CD.
I'm glad to know Im not the only one who still values the physical packaging, and the time and art involved in them.
Yet at this point I dont care if I have to wait awhile to get the CD...I am so anxious to hear the new music.
I seriously can't remember the last time I have been this excited to hear some new music.

Exactly how I feel. I hope this cd goes a bit more mainstream than the last one. It took a good year before I found it at an HMV

FernandoDante
04-18-2012, 11:26 PM
We should go outside more often.

heisenberg
04-19-2012, 12:34 AM
are you the guy on that site antiquiet?

butter_hole
04-19-2012, 01:02 AM
TGWTDT vinyl begs to differ
that wasn't just a simple pressing. that was a tricky, custom lavish huge fuck-off box. i guarantee you Trent could put out a single 12" LP without delay before April is over.

FernandoDante
04-19-2012, 10:44 AM
are you the guy on that site antiquiet?
Yup, I write for Antiquiet.

Shnoorum
04-20-2012, 10:27 PM
I'm thinking this will be released early/mid may with any luck. I actually had a nightmare that the album was released and I didn't like it. Obsessing way too much I think. Minecraft Xbox360 is out early May so I'm just gonna focus on that then get hyped for the album when theres a concrete date. Saying that, if any of them mention it on Twitter (regardless how small and trivial the tweet is) I'll once again be foaming at the mouth.

Jesus, I think you're right FernandoDante. I need to get out more..

somewhat_
04-21-2012, 05:58 PM
They must be waiting until December 21st. ;)

The thing that surprises me isn't that the album hasn't been released yet, but that there has been no promotion whatsoever.

Vertigo
04-21-2012, 08:36 PM
The thing that surprises me isn't that the album hasn't been released yet, but that there has been no promotion whatsoever.

Yeah, same here. We're talking about a full-length album here, their first. I'd be expecting a several-month hype blitz if this was a new NIN LP, maybe we still have a long wait ahead of us?

GoodSoldier333
04-21-2012, 09:39 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m246g0Gd1a1r5xfbro1_400.gif

cashpiles (closed)
04-22-2012, 09:39 AM
Wild idea here. REMIX album is released first, followed by the true album 1 month later.

REMIX album is entitled A Prelude To Infidel Hearts and features Dave Sitek, Chromatics, John Talabot, Tom Morello and a contribution from Feist.

sheepdean
04-22-2012, 10:20 AM
Mariqueen already said Infidel Hearts wasn't the album name, didn't she?
Also, why would you release remixes first.
Also, go away, you're silly.

smokey_mcpot
04-22-2012, 07:52 PM
infidel hearts... :rolleyes:

Demogorgon
04-23-2012, 07:01 AM
maybe it'll be a three disc triple package; HTDA's "Infidel Hearts" along with NIN's long awaited "Impossible Pain" with the tapeworm album as a bonus. THAT'S why it's taking so long.

theimage13
04-23-2012, 07:06 AM
maybe it'll be a three disc triple package; HTDA's "Infidel Hearts" along with NIN's long awaited "Impossible Pain" with the tapeworm album as a bonus. THAT'S why it's taking so long.

If the NIN album isn't Strobelight, I'm not interested.

princessomega
04-23-2012, 11:05 AM
If the NIN album isn't Strobelight, I'm not interested.
well said~!

sore_and_crucified
04-23-2012, 01:16 PM
For some reason, I really expected to load the computer up today and find the new HTDA album available to download. Nevermind, always tomorrow.

Frozen Beach
04-23-2012, 01:31 PM
I don't know, why don't you ask MSI? They do it all the time...

Leviathant
04-23-2012, 02:10 PM

Halo 7: March of the Pigs (http://nincatalog.com/index.asp?halo=7). Also, please don't tell people to go away. Not ur jerb.

sheepdean
04-23-2012, 02:13 PM
March of the Pigs was a single though - an album of remixes (the comparative being FDTS) being released first would just be weird imo.
And I wasn't being serious with the go away, sorry for encroaching :P

somewhat_
04-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Damn it Trent! Can't you post a short teaser video or something?!

simonn
04-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Infidel Hearts - where's that come from, or is that a wind-up?

sick among the pure
04-23-2012, 03:29 PM
As I have not bought up discographies of any other band, is having remixes on a single a normal thing? And not just remixes of that single song?

carpenoctem
04-23-2012, 05:42 PM
As I have not bought up discographies of any other band, is having remixes on a single a normal thing? And not just remixes of that single song?

Usually it's just remixes of the single itself. Or I'm just missing out on a new trend.

Also, Infidel Hearts was confirmed NOT to be the album title on (I believe) Q's Twitter. Sounds cool, though.

sheepdean
04-23-2012, 06:18 PM
I have a few singles with other remixes from the album on (far more common in RnB and Hip Hop in my experience), it's not unheard of, but these days singles rarely have anything on but the track itself and some awful amateur remix.

FernandoDante
04-23-2012, 08:13 PM
Maybe the CD got stuck in the car while they were driving through Mullholland.

And it was the only copy.

FernandoDante
04-23-2012, 09:55 PM
Worth a shot, right?

https://twitter.com/#!/FernandoDante/status/194618343444066305

witte
04-24-2012, 03:36 AM
Maybe the CD got stuck in the car while they were driving through Mullholland.

And it was the only copy.

Did you all see David Lynch's Mulholland Drive? That's what happened. It's all a dream......

sa_nick
04-24-2012, 09:52 AM
Worth a shot, right?

Haha, nice reply.

GoodSoldier333
04-24-2012, 10:26 AM
I'm in there too. :P Tough one to crack he is.

carpenoctem
04-24-2012, 03:44 PM
Worth a shot, right?

lol'd at your reply. Touché, sir.

theimage13
04-24-2012, 04:28 PM
You know, I really should just stop looking at the HDTA forum until I see the post count on the main page to change from 5 to 6.

GibbonBlack
04-24-2012, 05:58 PM
so, all we know for sure is that it is finished and Trent has blasted it outta his boombox [or perhaps his car] whilst down Mullholland? or is there more

sheepdean
04-24-2012, 06:02 PM
Either it's finished or Trent is such an incessant audiophile that he had to test the audio at 88mph to see how it sounds when affected by a nearby flux capacitator,

GibbonBlack
04-24-2012, 06:04 PM
Either it's finished or Trent is such an incessant audiophile that he had to test the audio at 88mph to see how it sounds when affected by a nearby flux capacitator,

so we're going to hear some serious shit?

danebraddy
04-25-2012, 12:40 AM
In NIN spotting WorzelG linked to an article where trent is fapping over a new console, then I found this page (http://www.solid-state-logic.com/news/article.asp?ID=436&T=M) - looking at the pictures, could it be the album cover?

Photos:
http://www.solid-state-logic.com/news/hires/Duality_SE_Trent_Reznor_and_Alan_Moulder_large.jpg
http://www.solid-state-logic.com/news/hires/Duality_SE_Trent_Reznor_Private_Studio_large.jpg

Ryan
04-25-2012, 01:24 AM
Excellent find!

butter_hole
04-25-2012, 01:44 AM
Looks like more Weaver artwork - could be leftovers from the original EP? The skeleton, muscles man etc.

BenAkenobi
04-25-2012, 01:56 AM
OMG Lateralus part two!!!!111 :D
---
\/ my copy is still sealed :P

sheepdean
04-25-2012, 07:14 AM
Er, the skeleton dude WAS on the original EP - did no one else buy the vinyl?

danebraddy
04-25-2012, 08:27 AM

Really? Shit, my bad - sorry for the false alarm - it was an image I hadn't seen before.

witte
04-25-2012, 09:39 AM
Er, the skeleton dude WAS on the original EP - did no one else buy the vinyl?Got it with some additions ;)
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii130/nine_inch_nerd/NIN%20collection/54b76761.jpg

GibbonBlack
04-25-2012, 09:47 AM
Got it with some additions ;)

gimme, gimme!

theimage13
04-25-2012, 04:18 PM
In NIN spotting WorzelG linked to an article where trent is fapping over a new console, then I found this page (http://www.solid-state-logic.com/news/article.asp?ID=436&T=M) - looking at the pictures, could it be the album cover?

Photos:
http://www.solid-state-logic.com/news/hires/Duality_SE_Trent_Reznor_and_Alan_Moulder_large.jpg
http://www.solid-state-logic.com/news/hires/Duality_SE_Trent_Reznor_Private_Studio_large.jpg

1) All links are dead. Anyone save the article? I'd actually like to read it.

2) Edited for speeling?

sheepdean
04-25-2012, 04:26 PM
Links work fine for me, clear your cache and/or try a different browser?

PhoenixML
04-25-2012, 04:40 PM

did no else bought the CD version either?

simonn
04-25-2012, 04:43 PM
1) All links are dead. Anyone save the article? I'd actually like to read it.

2) Edited for speeling?

LOS ANGELES – Academy and Grammy Award winning composer, musician and producer Trent Reznor, founder of the group Nine Inch Nails (NIN), has upgraded his private studio with a Solid State Logic Duality SE (http://www.echoingthesound.org/music/duality) console. Reznor chose the Duality on advice from producer/engineer Alan Moulder while they were mixing the soundtrack for the film The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. They used the Duality to complete mixing the tracks that Trent composed with Atticus Ross, as well as the soundtrack’s two cover songs – Led Zeppelin’s ‘Immigrant Song,’ featuring Karen O from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and Bryan Ferry’s ‘Is Your Love Strong Enough?’ by Reznor and Ross’ side-project How to Destroy Angels.
This was the second soundtrack that Reznor and Ross have worked on together, the previous being the Oscar-winning The Social Network.
“We began the mix for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo on an SSL AWS 900, the console we used to mix our music for The Social Network,” says Reznor. “As we started the mix process, I was feeling that I wanted to move to a large format console. While the AWS 900 is a spectacular analogue console – and it made a massive difference to our sound when we switched from using a dedicated ICON controller – the channel count became limiting for the Dragon project. I discussed it with Alan, who has been my friend and engineering wizard since recording NIN’s The Downward Spiral in 1994, and we decided to take a chance on Duality mid-way through the project. The installation went smoothly and the console worked flawlessly from start to finish.”
“Duality is like an AWS on steroids,” adds Moulder. “It has a similar layout, so it was great to take the studio to the next level and not have to re-learn a whole new console. I really love working with the EQs – the ones we all know and love – and having dynamics available on each channel is great. I really like how easy it is to do recalls. We would work on a track, park it and go on to another one if we felt we were getting bogged down creatively. Because you can use two or three people to do a recall on Duality, the reset process was really quick. Duality is perfect for the way we like to work and the sound quality is really impressive.”
Reznor is no stranger to SSL – the original Nothing Studios in New Orleans, which he opened in 1994, featured a 4000 G+ console. This is where he recorded albums like The Downward Spiral and The Fragile. When he moved to LA in 2005, he built a home-based studio around a DAW and controller, later replacing the controller with an AWS and then the Duality.
“Right now we are completing mixes for the new How To Destroy Angels album on Duality,” explains Reznor. “We’re in a world where technology is our friend and all the keyboards, instruments, outboard gear, plug-ins and the like are just toys to be employed and deployed as best you can. But having what the Duality has provided for us in a very elegant way has certainly embellished and eased the creative process. I am looking to build a dedicated studio facility in the near future and Duality will be the centerpiece for that facility.”
[/URL]
[url]http://www.solid-state-logic.com/news/article.asp?ID=436&T=M (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/hires/Duality_SE_Trent_Reznor_and_Alan_Moulder_large.jpg )

Collin
04-25-2012, 06:32 PM
Imma so excited. Hurry up n release it​guyz ahhhhhhhhhh

danebraddy
04-25-2012, 08:21 PM
2) Edited for speeling?
failed attempt at humor :)

I got the digital download and threw it on my iPod, starting to realize why it may be important to get the physical copies :)

theimage13
04-25-2012, 09:56 PM
It wasn't a fail - I laughed when I read it. I just hoped it was intentional.

Shnoorum
04-26-2012, 06:53 PM
At last, the launch of TGWTDT LE is here. Now I hope we can finally hear some news about this damned album. I'm not gonna be too optimistic and I'm gonna hazard a guess that we'll finally see it sometime in late May. I am wondering though, with the waiting we're currently going through, if that is actually being optimistic

sheepdean
04-27-2012, 09:34 AM
Next Friday, A Drowning is 2 years old. A good date for the release?

plusminus
04-27-2012, 09:56 AM
Next Friday, A Drowning is 2 years old. A good date for the release?

I was just about to post something about this. I was watching The Space in Between video just now and noticed that the date it was uploaded was May 14, 2010. Maybe they are trying to put it out around the same time this year?

carpenoctem
04-27-2012, 05:53 PM
Wow, has that much time passed already? I remember being so excited about those little video clips and laughing at the promo pics with Trent facing away from the camera way in the back of the shot (because you know what he's really saying is "LOOK AT MEEEEEE"). Ahh, good times.

Shnoorum
04-27-2012, 06:08 PM
Wow, has that much time passed already? I remember being so excited about those little video clips and laughing at the promo pics with Trent facing away from the camera way in the back of the shot (because you know what he's really saying is "LOOK AT MEEEEEE"). Ahh, good times.

Thats what I was thinking. It seems maybe a year tops that I downloaded that LP. Time has been passing far too quickly for my liking these last few years

carpenoctem
04-27-2012, 08:14 PM
And the EP still holds up quite well I think.

witte
04-28-2012, 03:59 AM
I love it, it's great to hear new things (new music directions) from Trent, his wife and Atticus, and still you hear that familiar sound. Thankful to be part of this. Luxury!

theimage13
04-28-2012, 06:20 AM
I love it, it's great to hear new things (new music directions) from Trent, his wife and Atticus, and still you hear that familiar sound. Thankful to be part of this. Luxury!

You may be in for a letdown, then. Trent has said numerous times that the sonic line between the EP and NIN was way too blurry, and the LP would be something that bore little to no resemblance to Nine Inch Nails.

witte
04-28-2012, 09:29 AM
We'll see. ;)
I have a feeling it'll be something complete different where people need to get used to.

WorzelG
05-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Maybe it is being delayed because the Marilyn Manson stuff is being released and people might see it as some direct competition thing if they're released at the same time?

NIN64
05-01-2012, 10:21 AM
Maybe it is being delayed because the Marilyn Manson stuff is being released and people might see it as some direct competition thing if they're released at the same time?

I really need to get me that facepalm button. . .

WorzelG
05-01-2012, 10:37 AM
That would be a no then?

vvvv
I don't get why it is SO unreasonable to surmise that, since they can release it whenever, they might choose not to release it at the same time as a MM thing in case the press pick up on some combatitive, 'feud' related head-head element. I'm not saying that I consider it that way

richardp
05-01-2012, 12:43 PM
I really need to get me that facepalm button. . .

I did it for you. Consider that shit face palmed.

xfocalinx
05-01-2012, 02:20 PM
isn't that the point of this board? To talk about things, share ideas. Clearly NONE of us know what the delay is, we're all putting in thoughts that might be delaying it. He didn't say he believes his own theory, but it IS a theory. Chill out folks.

gorast
05-01-2012, 02:25 PM
from Q's twitter:
VWLS R MPRTNT
I was ready to go all "AAAAAAAAAAAAAA MORE HINTS" until I realized it just says "vowels are important"

WorzelG
05-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Thanks xfocalinx - but I'm not offended, I've been face palmed in real life morevtimes than I'd care to admit

I just want this bloody album released!

carpenoctem
05-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Yes, I suppose the Marilyn Manson theory is valid, if you still consider the two men to be something like equals... but then, ETS's thread on the new Manson album is more than fifty pages long, so I guess you're not alone.

gorast
05-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Yes, I suppose the Marilyn Manson theory is valid, if you still consider the two men to be something like equals... but then, ETS's thread on the new Manson album is more than fifty pages long, so I guess you're not alone.
Thirty of those pages are easily people taking a shit on Manson post-Holywood though, so maybe not.

NIN64
05-01-2012, 06:52 PM
isn't that the point of this board? To talk about things, share ideas. Clearly NONE of us know what the delay is, we're all putting in thoughts that might be delaying it. He didn't say he believes his own theory, but it IS a theory. Chill out folks.

I don't dislike Manson. I just thought that this was a sarcastic joke. I was trying to play along. I didn't realize that WorzelG was being serious. I apologize. . .

Edit: HTDA RULEZ WOOOOOT!!!!!1!!

butter_hole
05-01-2012, 06:58 PM
Why the talk about a delay? The album might have only been mastered yesterday. Just because Trent has thrown stuff online immediately before doesn't mean they will every time. They could still have artwork to do, film a video, finish work on the Fragile re-issue, prepare deluxe editions (if any), organize publishing and distribution deals, deal with the two infant children 2/3s of the band have..

For all we know, they could intend to release in August. We've been spoilt before. We need to be patient - I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for the band to be reading this, especially when every other band on earth gets to sit and wait during the 3 month press lead time.

But nah for real trent where the fuck is the album at

jessamineny
05-01-2012, 07:20 PM
I dunno. I think he digs it. Who was the one tweeting about driving around listening to the finished CD ... knowing it would get everyone's panties in a twist? :::shrug:::

butter_hole
05-01-2012, 08:01 PM
that's because trent thinks twitter is private and his own personal diary, he doesn't realize other people can see it. hence the 'remember ally is italian stop making super mario jokes' tweets

carpenoctem
05-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Trent is definitely not unaware of the impact his communication makes on us. He's a tease, and no doubt he has a lot of fun doing it. ;D

Gray Grimez
05-04-2012, 02:06 AM
Trent's a complete troll. But he's good at it.

Shnoorum
05-04-2012, 04:49 PM
This wait is gonna kill me. I cant imagine the pain you all went through waiting for The Fragile to arrive. Is that the one that took ages to release? I think I have the right one...

The Reason Being
05-04-2012, 06:41 PM
I was kinda banking on there being some kind of tease in the GDT vinyl set, cover art hidden on the USB or something...the wait /silence is getting hard! Oh, the naivety of being a post-2005 nin fan...

carpenoctem
05-05-2012, 06:40 AM
I was kinda banking on there being some kind of tease in the GDT vinyl set, cover art hidden on the USB or something...the wait /silence is getting hard! Oh, the naivety of being a post-2005 nin fan...

Yes, I'm also a post-2005 fan! Why do we do this to ourselves.

BenAkenobi
05-05-2012, 07:36 AM
why is this wait equal to the wait between downward spiral and fragile for you? it's only the beginning of the project, not the pinnacle...

The Reason Being
05-05-2012, 09:18 AM
^ This wait definately isn't equal to the one you mention. We have it pretty easy compared to back then, what with twitter and everything.

dpeters
05-05-2012, 02:51 PM
^ This wait definately isn't equal to the one you mention. We have it pretty easy compared to back then, what with twitter and everything.
The beauty of it is that Reznor has a half-dozen new ways to tease fans since then: the bloggosocialtwitternetterverse means that we have 32 news ways of finding out nothing about a new album. :)

gorast
05-05-2012, 05:41 PM
why is this wait equal to the wait between downward spiral and fragile for you? it's only the beginning of the project, not the pinnacle...
That wasn't even the point they were making; it's the exact opposite. We've gotten so much shit so often since With Teeth that any sort of wait is unbearable for those of us that aren't 90s fans.

Shnoorum
05-06-2012, 09:39 AM
Well my point was that, from what I've heard (I only actually discovered NIN just before With Teeth arrived so I personally don't know) the wait for The Fragile's release took a very long time. So much so that the wait for this album hasn't even begun to equal the wait between albums back in the 90's.

I was stating that I feel sorry for the people that had to endure such a wait and that this wait for HTDA is painfull enough

FernandoDante
05-07-2012, 12:43 AM
Well my point was that, from what I've heard (I only actually discovered NIN just before With Teeth arrived so I personally don't know) the wait for The Fragile's release took a very long time. So much so that the wait for this album hasn't even begun to equal the wait between albums back in the 90's.

I was stating that I feel sorry for the people that had to endure such a wait and that this wait for HTDA is painfull enough
I'm a post-2007 fan, I'm spoiled* as fuck.

*other than not ever getting live shows in my area

heisenberg
05-07-2012, 03:09 AM
i've been on it since TDS. only other music that i continue to listen to since then is...well..no one.

GoodSoldier333
05-07-2012, 08:36 AM
IT'S HEISENBERG!!!!!!!! Also, yes plz hurry up.

Shnoorum
05-07-2012, 09:18 AM
I remember my first time ever hearing NIN was while having MTV2 on tv and The Perfect Drug video came on. This was just before With Teeth was announced. So I am pretty new to Reznory music alltogether.

I feel like I'm kind of straying off topic now but saying that THIS ALBUM IS NEVER GOING TO ARRIVE ANYWAY I REALLY DONT CARE! Seriously, if Minecraft wasn't being released for the 360 in a couple of days, I'd be hysterical over this album. Thank god I have some distraction atleast

FernandoDante
05-07-2012, 09:46 PM
I remember my first time ever hearing NIN was while having MTV2 on tv and The Perfect Drug video came on. This was just before With Teeth was announced. So I am pretty new to Reznory music alltogether.

I feel like I'm kind of straying off topic now but saying that THIS ALBUM IS NEVER GOING TO ARRIVE ANYWAY I REALLY DONT CARE! Seriously, if Minecraft wasn't being released for the 360 in a couple of days, I'd be hysterical over this album. Thank god I have some distraction atleast

The first NIN song I heard was probably The Perfect Drug, also on MTV. They had these little text blurbs of information during the video, explaining how "Trent liked to do videogame soundtracks". I don't recall whether I liked The Perfect Drug or not, but I saw the Only video a few years later and thought "WTF is this electronic shit?"

I was 15 and fresh off my Limp Bizkit fandom, ok?

Shnoorum
05-08-2012, 06:44 AM
The first NIN song I heard was probably The Perfect Drug, also on MTV. They had these little text blurbs of information during the video, explaining how "Trent liked to do videogame soundtracks". I don't recall whether I liked The Perfect Drug or not, but I saw the Only video a few years later and thought "WTF is this electronic shit?"

I was 15 and fresh off my Limp Bizkit fandom, ok?

A year earlier and I may have thought the same thing. It was weird though as I was kind of new to music alltogether so before that I had only heard the name Nine Inch Nails. I'd always assumed they were a sort of classic rock band like Black Sabbath or something

Ryan
05-08-2012, 07:41 AM
I got into NIN around 2002 or so, kind of right before the old website went away and the new "Bleedthrough" stuff started happening. That felt like an eternity. We were grabbing at everything we could. Taking stills from streaming webcams, anything. Feels just like yesterday really.

carpenoctem
05-08-2012, 07:08 PM
... I had only heard the name Nine Inch Nails. I'd always assumed they were a sort of classic rock band like Black Sabbath or something

Me too! Like exactly, even down to the Sabbath reference. In the ninth grade, when I heard a radio DJ say "next up, Nine Inch Nails" before playing Closer, and I recognized the song (because if you grew up in the '90s, who doesn't recognize Closer?), it blew my mind. Suddenly I wanted to hear more. I even had a friend who had been trying to push NIN on me for a while, but I was always disinterested verging on antagonistic (and I HATED March of the Pigs, which is a shame).

Shnoorum
05-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Me too! Like exactly, even down to the Sabbath reference. In the ninth grade, when I heard a radio DJ say "next up, Nine Inch Nails" before playing Closer, and I recognized the song (because if you grew up in the '90s, who doesn't recognize Closer?), it blew my mind. Suddenly I wanted to hear more. I even had a friend who had been trying to push NIN on me for a while, but I was always disinterested verging on antagonistic (and I HATED March of the Pigs, which is a shame).

Yeah I really dont know what was up with that either. I just always assumed without any actual reasoning. It actually took me a bit to fully get into them. I'd liked them from that point on but it was only untill I had a chance to listen to Closer with ear phones that I began to realise how much was going on in it. After that, I'd always found it amazing how much work was put into each and every track. It's like a song in a song in a song all complimenting eachother perfectly. I was infact listening to "Only" semi recently and noticed a really badass weird sort of distorted guitarish effect that sounds just awesome at one point in the song. Now every time I listen to the song I always listen out for it.

danebraddy
05-09-2012, 05:59 AM
I still cringe when people call Nine Inch Nails 'them' :P

Back on topic though, assuming the test drive went well (which I would have thought meant that it has been mastered), they'd be in the midst of finalizing artwork and distribution stuff right?
It couldn't be that much longer could it?

theimage13
05-09-2012, 06:57 AM
It couldn't be that much longer could it?

I think they had originally said Q1 2012. If that's the case...well, the deadline has come and go with clear "this is what's going on" update, so I'd say it could be tomorrow....or a very long time. Time will tell.

simonn
05-09-2012, 07:04 AM
I think they had originally said Q1 2012. If that's the case...well, the deadline has come and go with clear "this is what's going on" update, so I'd say it could be tomorrow....or a very long time. Time will tell.

It was actually Q4 2011 originally! Don't ask me to go digging though...!

sheepdean
05-09-2012, 07:24 AM
Q4 2010 was the first we heard to be fair :P

carpenoctem
05-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Ugh, that's disgusting. Which of us were fools enough to believe Q4 2010?

Shnoorum
05-09-2012, 07:51 PM
My hype has actually completely died for this album lately. I still check up on it and post here but I'm just losing interest now. Of course, that wont be the case when something actually happens but it's been about 2 months of thinking that I'm gonna come home from work to find movement of some kind and so far absolutely nothing has happened.

I'm not saying they owe us information or anything like that. It's their album, they can do anything they want with it. Just, I've been naively thinking this album was going to be here really soon for the last 2 months but now, I'm beginning to wonder if we're even gonna see it this year.

bgalbraith
05-09-2012, 08:38 PM
It shouldn't really be related, but I wonder if they want to wait for TGWTDT deluxe edition mess to finally be sorted before potentially launching another similar product.

butter_hole
05-09-2012, 10:45 PM
oh my god people he has two babies

the album was finished like 3 weeks ago

let him fucking breathe

theimage13
05-10-2012, 05:29 AM
You realize that nobody here is going *hey Trent zomg wtf why the hell isn't the album out already?????", right? And that no one is actually making even the slightest attempt to contact Trent, or even asking for an update here? We're just a handful of fans talking amongst themselves on a low key message board, discussing our eagerness to hear some new music.

let us fucking chat.

carpenoctem
05-10-2012, 02:10 PM
It irritates me when people take it upon themselves to police new album threads like that. Also I'm pretty sure we have someone like butter_hole popping in every few pages to make some "voice of reason" comment, like they're Trent's emotional bodyguard. Rude.

gorast
05-10-2012, 05:45 PM
And I'm pretty sure the album release isn't a life-or-death thing for the vast majority of us. All we're doing is speculating, taking into account how Trent has released his last few albums, as well as the statements/hints he and the rest of the HTDA camp have given us regarding the album's state of completion. And we all know he and Mariqueen have two infants to deal with. We get it. Chill out.

butter_hole
05-10-2012, 06:21 PM
jeez.. touchy!

somewhat_
05-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Some of my anxiousness for the album is from knowing Trent doesn't just sit on his material. This album has been completed for three months (not three weeks like butter_hole stated earlier). We all know his most recent material has came out right around the time it has been completed, but even The Fragile was being finished only days/couple weeks before it was released (WITT was giving them fits). I'm just curious as to WTF is going on. There must some kind of crazy marketing strategy that's being planned or they are just waiting until they have a chance to tour to release it.

gorast
05-10-2012, 08:40 PM
Some of my anxiousness for the album is from knowing Trent doesn't just sit on his material. This album has been completed for three months (not three weeks like butter_hole stated earlier). We all know his most recent material has came out right around the time it has been completed, but even The Fragile was being finished only days/couple weeks before it was released (WITT was giving them fits). I'm just curious as to WTF is going on. There must some kind of crazy marketing strategy that's being planned or they are just waiting until they have a chance to tour to release it.
Three months...? How would you determine that?

sheepdean
05-10-2012, 08:48 PM
Three months...? How would you determine that?
http://twitter.com/#!/trent_reznor/status/168139919200489472
http://twitter.com/#!/destroyangels/status/168479400961126401

theimage13
05-10-2012, 09:02 PM
There must some kind of crazy marketing strategy that's being planned or they are just waiting until they have a chance to tour to release it.

Well, if the Twitter post linked above is accurate, it only means that the mix was about to be finished - that doesn't say anything about mastering, which is a whole other beast. The test drive tweet? Maybe just one edit given off to the guys, and they wanted to keep tweaking the master.

Or maybe the artwork/packaging hasn't been nailed down yet. I don't know for sure, but I think the "surprise!" releases (Ghosts, Slip) already had that stuff pretty much lined up before the albums were announced. So even if the audio is 100% ready to go, maybe they're just waiting to have the whole thing wrapped up so they can offer it with a more definitive availability date.

Or maybe Atticus has turned out to be a Saudi intelligence op and has slipped off to Yemen with every known recording.

gorast
05-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Wow, those tweets were seriously in February? It feels like they happened like a month ago.

Anyway, I'm still excited for the album, in a more subdued way than before. It would sure suck to get burned out on an album before I've heard anything from it.

carpenoctem
05-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Or maybe Atticus has turned out to be a Saudi intelligence op and has slipped off to Yemen with every known recording.

lol. I needed that.

somewhat_
05-11-2012, 07:53 PM
I partially stole this idea from psss on the nin.com board, but what if Trent ditched the cd/flash drive on the side of the road somewhere off mulhulond drive for us to find (or as psss said, maybe it failed the test drive)? I know it's a crazy idea, but who the hell knows?

AgentofChaos
05-11-2012, 11:50 PM
I partially stole this idea from psss on the nin.com board, but what if Trent ditched the cd/flash drive on the side of the road somewhere off mulhulond drive for us to find (or as psss said, maybe it failed the test drive)? I know it's a crazy idea, but who the hell knows?

Smoke more weed, Somewhat. Seriously. Smoke more weed.

theimage13
05-12-2012, 05:56 AM
To be fair, he did release the first track from Year Zero by putting it on a USB stick and leaving it in the shitter at a concert. I don't think you have to be high to give a tiny bit of merit to the idea of him leaving an album lying around.

That said, though, I would put my money on that not being the case here.

carpenoctem
05-12-2012, 06:43 AM
That's an awesome, but not likely, idea. I would love for him to get back to his sneaky YZ days, it was so fun and engaging for the fans.

WorzelG
05-12-2012, 08:14 AM
To be fair, he did release the first track from Year Zero by putting it on a USB stick and leaving it in the shitter at a concert.

I was at that gig. No chance of finding the USB though, that's what I get for going to the gig after work and having a meal and drink beforehand. To be on topic, where is this album then?

Sheepdean, how can you simultaneously like and facepalm a post?

Touché
vvvv

[73]
05-13-2012, 04:08 AM
So even if the audio is 100% ready to go, maybe they're just waiting to have the whole thing wrapped up so they can offer it with a definitive availability date.
I hope this is the case. I wonder what type of packages will be offered. I have a feeling I'll be preordering some type of limited edition release containing autographs.

Amphiseum
05-13-2012, 12:21 PM
Going back to the YZ thing, what if there's already an ARG for the new album and we just haven't found it yet?

Deadpool
05-13-2012, 01:11 PM
Or maybe the artwork/packaging hasn't been nailed down yet. So even if the audio is 100% ready to go, maybe they're just waiting to have the whole thing wrapped up so they can offer it with a more definitive availability date.

Considering how anti-climactic and delayed the deluxe version of the GDT score was (still haven't received mine), I would also guess that this is the case. Getting the artwork finalized is one thing, but again, after the GDT crap, Trent & Co. are probably being extra picky about their manufacturer.

sick among the pure
05-13-2012, 04:09 PM
Considering how anti-climactic and delayed the deluxe version of the GDT score was (still haven't received mine), I would also guess that this is the case. Getting the artwork finalized is one thing, but again, after the GDT crap, Trent & Co. are probably being extra picky about their manufacturer.

Possibly, in the case of the limited edition version, going into production before we can buy it, so when we do (and we will) we won't have this problem.

Collin
05-13-2012, 04:13 PM
I have a good feeling that we will get some kind of info on the album this upcoming week. Maybe I'm just wishful thinking.

NIN64
05-13-2012, 10:13 PM
I have a good feeling that we will get some kind of info on the album this upcoming week. Maybe I'm just wishful thinking.
At this point I'm expecting the info will be that HTDA broke up, and the album is canceled...

Edit: Drunk...

Findus
05-14-2012, 02:53 AM

Maybe he wants us to find it in his car's CD player. I think he was dropping a major hint as to where it is. IN HIS CAR.

chris
05-14-2012, 01:15 PM
I partially stole this idea from psss on the nin.com board, but what if Trent ditched the cd/flash drive on the side of the road somewhere off mulhulond drive for us to find (or as psss said, maybe it failed the test drive)? I know it's a crazy idea, but who the hell knows? You should organize a ditch cleanup along mulholland and have everyone wear NIN t shirts.

witte
05-14-2012, 01:47 PM
You mean HTDA t shirts...

theimage13
05-14-2012, 06:10 PM
in his car.

gary numan has the album! Solved it you guys!

edit: that was supposed to be in all caps. phooey.

carpenoctem
05-14-2012, 07:09 PM
^^^ I know, I love doing all caps, this is one of the sad things about new ETS. :(

At this point I'm expecting the info will be that HTDA broke up, and the album is canceled...

Edit: Drunk...

Is this the depressed fanboy equivalent of drunk texting? I feel you, man. A couple beers in me and it wouldn't be unreasonable to find me staring unblinkingly at the HTDA tumblr, one fat tear running silently down my face.

cashpiles (closed)
05-14-2012, 08:22 PM
the other possibility is that the hdta album is being re-worked into a NIN album.

Torgo
05-14-2012, 11:11 PM
I love you, cashpiles.

dpeters
05-15-2012, 02:14 AM
the other possibility is that the hdta album is being re-worked into an Exotic Birds tribute album.
Fixed. You're welcome.

somewhat_
05-15-2012, 04:26 PM
I'm glad everyone enjoyed my ridiculous idea, but did anyone go check the ditches?

acidpolly
05-16-2012, 01:53 AM
https://twitter.com/#!/acidpolly/status/202450974189690880
agggrrrrhh

carpenoctem
05-16-2012, 05:20 PM
lol. We need to have an official moratorium on tweeting Rob for the remainder of our waiting period.

sheepdean
05-16-2012, 06:44 PM
lol. We need to have an official moratorium on tweeting Rob for the remainder of our waiting period.
I've been trying that, but it gets hard, especially as we get closer to the EP's second anniversary

xfocalinx
05-17-2012, 06:12 AM
Going back to the YZ thing, what if there's already an ARG for the new album and we just haven't found it yet?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/MotoRider11JR/keanu.jpg

Conspiracy Keanu strikes again.

sheepdean
05-17-2012, 06:18 AM
Yeah, it turns out https://twitter.com/#!/destroyangels/status/175107241500876801 really WAS a code, and the LP's been sitting in some tree trunk for months.

sheepdean
05-19-2012, 01:44 PM
New atticus interview mentions it's coming out "this year" (my heart jumped when he mentioned it, hoping it would be "soon") http://fuckyeahatticusross.tumblr.com/post/23359049950/interview-atticus-ross-on-social-network-dragon

Also mentions working on Trent with something that's not score or HTDA. Hmmm

witte
05-19-2012, 01:54 PM
NOT score + NOT HTDA = NIN
;)

somewhat_
05-19-2012, 02:24 PM
"We just did something last week and we have a few things up and coming as well."

:confused:

sheepdean
05-19-2012, 02:33 PM
I think they spend most of their time figuring out how to drive us crazy.
"So Atticus, when you're at the BMI awards, drop hints about random stuff, and be as vague as possible about HTDA"

somewhat_
05-19-2012, 03:05 PM
He made it sound like they just whipped up an album last week, as if it was normal to record an album in one week.

WorzelG
05-20-2012, 04:36 AM
Maybe the 'thing last week' is a video?

PhoenixML
05-22-2012, 06:05 PM
I have nothing to add. I just REALLY REALLY WANT THIS NEW ALBUM TO COME OUT!!! Anytime. TGWTDG soundtrack didn't give me "enough" to hold on to.

Shnoorum
05-24-2012, 04:57 PM
I have nothing to add. I just REALLY REALLY WANT THIS NEW ALBUM TO COME OUT!!! Anytime. TGWTDG soundtrack didn't give me "enough" to hold on to.

Yeah, I feel the same. The the sound track is brilliant but alot of it was just ambient humming that I just skip past. I'm sure it's perfect for the movie but I can't listen to it on it's own. Speaking of which, I really have to see the movie. Still haven't got around to it

FernandoDante
05-26-2012, 08:34 PM
hey guys whats up is this album fucking out yet or what jeez

somewhat_
05-27-2012, 05:40 PM
Were about to hit June with absolutely no promotion for this album. It's looking like this won't be a summer 2012 release either (just like it wasn't an end of 2010 release, a first quarter 2011 release, a fall 2011 release, a first quarter 2012 release, or a spring 2012 release). :(

Shnoorum
05-27-2012, 06:26 PM
Maybe we're stuck in a horrible cycle where every single time we get an official speculated release, the speculated release gets pushed back afew quarters and this cycle continues and the album never see's the light of day. Or, even worse, it goes the same way as Chinese Democracy. If Trent or Atticus goes all celebutard drama queen douche on us we'll know what to expect

carpenoctem
05-28-2012, 08:26 AM
Yeah, this is clumsy handling on their part; I expected more. Ten points from Gryffindor, Trent.

sheepdean
05-28-2012, 08:44 AM
Yeah, this is clumsy handling on their part; I expected more. Ten points from Gryffindor, Trent.Trent is Slytherin though, as he is Snape.

Also, it's not clumsy handling until we see the end product. This could be going exactly to plan for all we know.

carpenoctem
05-28-2012, 11:34 AM
No, the plan was to release it in the first quarter of this year, and before that were several other missed deadlines, so it's actually not going according to plan(s). Now it's just an exercise in patience for the stock of devoted fans Trent has accumulated over the years (the band itself hasn't produced enough to gain a following yet) and an example of why it's better to wait until you've hammered down a release date before you start hinting and teasing a new album.

cashpiles (closed)
05-28-2012, 04:27 PM
If you look at Nine Inch Nails release dates, they're all over the map (I'm not using HDTA release dates because there is only one release from that project and thus does not provide reliable data).

This sample of data skews toward a release date somewhere around July to August.

Here is a list of mid-year releases from Nine Inch Nails:

The Day the World Went Away (http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/nine_inch_nails/albums.jhtml?albumId=158024)
Release Date: 07/20/99

Capital G (http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/nine_inch_nails/albums.jhtml?albumId=1560572)
Release Date: 05/29/07

The Fragile (http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/nine_inch_nails/albums.jhtml?albumId=160111)
Release Date: 09/21/99

Broken (http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/nine_inch_nails/albums.jhtml?albumId=67125)
Release Date: 09/22/92

D'ron
05-28-2012, 04:48 PM
Just hurry up and release it!

jessamineny
05-28-2012, 04:56 PM
Dear Cashpiles,

TDTWWA and CapG are singles. And you've listed TDTWWA twice.

sheepdean
05-28-2012, 05:00 PM
The order things will most likely come, based on how things are generally done by Null/Trent, is
Promotion -> single -> music video -> LP digital -> LP physical -> ?live?

Which means most likely, even if we get promotion tonight, there'd still be weeks or even months until the LP drops.

theimage13
05-28-2012, 06:33 PM
So...based on the skewed data, it could be sometime between tomorrow and late September?

Well I feel better already!

At this point, I just hope that my anticipation doesn't end up translating to absurdly high expectations.

Santos L Halper
05-28-2012, 07:30 PM
So...based on the skewed data, it could be sometime between tomorrow and late September?

Well I feel better already!

At this point, I just hope that my anticipation doesn't end up translating to absurdly high expectations.

So your saying its coming out soon? I cant wait!

FernandoDante
05-28-2012, 08:48 PM
If you look at Nine Inch Nails release dates, they're all over the map (I'm not using HDTA release dates because there is only one release from that project and thus does not provide reliable data).

This sample of data skews toward a release date somewhere around July to August.

Here is a list of mid-year releases from Nine Inch Nails:

The Fragile (http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/nine_inch_nails/albums.jhtml?albumId=160111)
Release Date: 09/21/99

Broken (http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/nine_inch_nails/albums.jhtml?albumId=67125)
Release Date: 09/22/92

September is considered mid-year? If so, then you should also count With Teeth, which came out in May; Year Zero, which came out in April; and The Slip, which came out in July.

EDIT: Not that any of this fucking means anything, anyway. I can't see how it would. Shit's been delayed for long enough, I can't see Trent purposefully putting this stuff off just to find a proper release date. IMO, something's not done yet, they're still working on the album, be it the artwork or running out of ink for autographed copies or whatever.

D'ron
05-29-2012, 07:58 PM
Which means most likely, even if we get promotion tonight, there'd still be weeks or even months until the LP drops.
:'( This makes me sad

Greentypewriters
05-30-2012, 02:54 PM
maybe they're working on a music video? I thought they had some errie photos posted to their twitter that were reminiscent of The Space in Between recording.

Harry Seaward
05-30-2012, 03:43 PM
Has this been mentioned yet?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9822936/Images/htdaalbum.PNG

gorast
05-30-2012, 04:39 PM
Teasing bastards also confirmed that a tour will happen.

http://www.facebook.com/howtodestroyangels/posts/416249218396553

Excitement level shot straight back up again. Damn them.

EDIT: Oops the tour thing was already covered in the (no longer) Pointless Live Speculation thread. Oh well.

theimage13
05-30-2012, 06:45 PM
You read it here first: I will personally bludgeon anyone who I hear, at an HDTA show, screaming out NIN titles between songs.

MrSlfDstruct
05-30-2012, 06:47 PM
Uch, sounds like when I saw A Perfect Circle open for NIN. Everybody was yelling about Tool at any lull in volume.

sheepdean
05-30-2012, 07:23 PM
You read it here first: I will personally bludgeon anyone who I hear, at an HDTA show, screaming out NIN titles between songs.I plan to use a crowbar for that, and anyone that asks for WIG too.

somewhat_
05-30-2012, 07:50 PM
Well that pretty much confirms they are sitting on the album until they can tour.

Shnoorum
05-30-2012, 08:13 PM
Any word is good news but I don't like the idea of another ''soon''. Soon is an awful awful word

malchick
05-31-2012, 04:48 PM
From twitter:

"Getting the plan together for @destroyangels. You will hear new music later this year. Stay tuned." TR

princessomega
05-31-2012, 04:55 PM
ugh...
later this year? That could mean December for all we know.
I was hoping for some new tunes to drive around in the hot summer sun blasting with my windows down.
Well I am totally excited for any news.

sheepdean
05-31-2012, 05:05 PM
I wonder what "the plan" is? ARG, promotion, tour or packaging are the only things that need a plan really.

princessomega
05-31-2012, 05:11 PM
yeah im getting excited as to what this plan is too...
let the speculation begin...some more...

chris
05-31-2012, 05:38 PM
ugh. Time to officially ignore this thread for a few months.

jessamineny
05-31-2012, 06:03 PM
He'll enjoy watching people squirm and then release something next week. :D

Shnoorum
05-31-2012, 06:06 PM
He'll enjoy watching people squirm and then release something next week. :D

I wish I could believe that, I really do

somewhat_
05-31-2012, 06:56 PM
That rules out June through October. :(

Oh well, what's another 5 to 6 months at this point.

As for the plan, we already know they will tour so it could include rehearsing and tour scheduling. I wouldn't be surprised if they did some kind of crazy promotional/arg type thing. I also wouldn't be surprised if the tour included Trent and Atticus performing The Social Network, TGWTDT, and/or Ghost tracks.

sheepdean
05-31-2012, 06:59 PM
As for the plan, we already know they will tour so it could include rehearsing and tour scheduling. I wouldn't be surprised if they did some kind of crazy promotional/arg type thing. I also wouldn't be surprised if the tour included Trent and Atticus performing The Social Network, TGWTDT, and/or Ghost tracks.As much as I love instrumental work by the lads, I hope HTDA is all vocal - so if they do want to do instrumentals live, I hope it'll be TSN/TGWTDT/Ghosts etc too

theimage13
05-31-2012, 07:08 PM
I would pay good money to see a fully instrumental TSN/TGWTDT/Ghosts performance. But that's neither here nor there.

As for HDTA, I would really love it if "later this year" turned out to be tomorrow, but I'm not at all expecting that. Realistically, I'm hoping late summer/early fall. Based purely on the music that Trent and Atticus have written as of late, I just get the feeling that this could be a good album for walks in the fall. But as for the whole "plans" thing - I highly doubt there's an ARG in store. Probably more logistics, like "how the fuck do we tour - even on an exceptionally small scale - when two of us are the parents of two tiny little kids?"

witte
05-31-2012, 07:31 PM
I think touring will take place in the US only and I think in a few 'big cities' in small venues (club tour).

I only hope they will give us some space and time to schedule/plan the trip to a concert (and buying tickets for those gigs).
I live in Europe, I work and I need the time to arrange a trip to the US....

theimage13
05-31-2012, 07:55 PM
I agree that it's likely they would do an extremely limited number of shows - major cities and small to mid-size venues. If that's the case, I would absolutely LOVE to see a streaming service worked out for the majority of fans who simply cannot take multiple days off and travel hundreds (or thousands) of miles to see these sets. Honestly, a full-stage camera from FOH and an independent audio mix for the feed, would be amazing. I realize that hiring yet another qualified audio engineer would be no small expense (unless they went with local contractors city to city). But given that I'll almost certainly be unable to catch one of the inaugural shows, I'd be willing to pay a fair price for something like this. Or again, a full stage cam, mixed after the show with the PT files, and sold online as a download. I'd buy it without thinking twice.

You know...just in case anyone with influence is reading this.

gorast
05-31-2012, 08:57 PM
Later this year...Q3 2012? Fuck. That's probably four more months at the least. Oh well. Time to go back to quiet enthusiasm.

GoodSoldier333
05-31-2012, 09:57 PM
ugh. Time to officially ignore this thread for a few months.

Unfortunately.

Deadpool
05-31-2012, 10:02 PM
I wonder what "the plan" is? ARG, promotion, tour or packaging are the only things that need a plan really.

I wouldn't read too much into whatever their "plan" is - it's likely fairly mundane, practical stuff. I didn't get a very cryptic vibe from Trent's post, and I can't imagine there being an ARG. It just sounded like he was giving a mass update in lieu of the quiet facebook comments. Booking a tour that parallels a smooth and calculated album release has to be a priority. I'm sure artwork and packaging is still being worked on, and finding a reliable manufacturer is more important than ever after the GDT Deluxe mess. Fingers crossed for a new music video eventually as well (which falls under the all-important promotion category). Of course, each band member has a family to spend time with, too.

I'm psyched though! It's good to know things are happening. I can certainly wait longer, even if I'd rather not. The fact that a tour is happening is enough to keep me going - that was a pretty big question mark for a while, and is very exciting. I think all this behind-the-scenes and business stuff simply insures that we'll have an excellent presentation for the album when the time comes.

acidpolly
05-31-2012, 10:35 PM
oh goddamn. wasn't it planned for spring?
you don't have to tour immediately after releasing the record

ManBurning
06-01-2012, 01:15 AM
you don't have to tour immediately after releasing the record

Yeah Skinny Puppy, where is your spring 2012 tour to backup 2011's HanDover, hmm?? (sorry couldn't resist)

Swykk
06-01-2012, 02:51 AM
Goddammit.

BenAkenobi
06-01-2012, 04:24 AM
You read it here first: I will personally bludgeon anyone who I hear, at an HDTA show, screaming out NIN titles between songs.

I plan to use a crowbar for that, and anyone that asks for WIG too.

calm down, you mass murderers...
http://www.goodcinema.ru/files/0012.jpg

dominik
06-01-2012, 09:57 AM
I'm looking forward to Trent smashing a keyboard when some asshole won't stop screaming "HEAD LIKE A HOLE!!! HEAD LIKE A HOLE!!!".

WorzelG
06-01-2012, 11:42 AM
I don't like people screaming for 'head like a hole' at a Nine Inch Nails gig

FernandoDante
06-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Notice how Trent said "new MUSIC later this year". I'm guessing a single in November, and that's it.

LP in 2013 here we go!

theimage13
06-01-2012, 05:55 PM
Eh. The album itself is done, I can't imagine the whole thing NOT being released sometime in 2012.

cashpiles (closed)
06-01-2012, 06:51 PM
I'm actually happy they're taking their time on this. Trent has learned from his "The Slip" experiment that music shouldn't be rushed (I'm saying this because The Slip was probably the weakest NIN effort of all time). If they're taking their time, then it means they're planning to make this release big. They want all their marketing weapons ready to fire and distribution channels opened.

carpenoctem
06-02-2012, 02:56 PM
But I don't think the issue is that they don't want to rush the writing process; that's been done for a long time now. They've already put together the album, mixed and mastered it, etc. Now presumably they are working on the packaging and advertisement. So the cumulative time it took to actually get together and write the album as a group is probably much smaller than the time it took to make the detours - the TSN and TGWTDT soundtracks - and the normal life stuff involved with having a family and taking care of yourself.

FernandoDante
06-02-2012, 11:48 PM
Another gem from Mr. Sheridan:

https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/status/208746082715447297

harrismonkey
06-03-2012, 12:26 AM
I'm actually happy they're taking their time on this. Trent has learned from his "The Slip" experiment that music shouldn't be rushed (I'm saying this because The Slip was probably the weakest NIN effort of all time). If they're taking their time, then it means they're planning to make this release big. They want all their marketing weapons ready to fire and distribution channels opened.

Hey! I like the Slip.

That being said, I still think TDS and The Fragile stand as his strongest albums. I'd love it if he'd go back in the studio and obsess for a year or two again (hopefully staying clean this time). You can really hear the time he spent on those records.

theimage13
06-11-2012, 10:00 PM
Wait...how in the fuck am I just hearing Is Your Love Strong Enough for the first time?

Thread at the bottom of this forum? Totally missed it.

Hear it during my runthrough of the soundtrack? Nope, because it's not listed as Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross from the iTunes download.
Hear it while playing HDTA on my iPod? Nope, because I keep the CD in my car.

Goddamnit, I am even more excited for future releases than ever.

(also, apologies to anyone who saw this thread updated and thought there might have been news. Sorry.)

carpenoctem
06-12-2012, 03:31 PM
I will consider your apology. Jerkface. Enjoy the new track! It's quite good.

somewhat_
06-30-2012, 07:27 PM
Another month bites the dust :(

Shnoorum
06-30-2012, 08:42 PM
Yeah it sucks. Ah well, they said this year at least. Has to be released in the next 5 months by that logic. So at the very most it's about half a year away from now before we hear anything. Yay?

Still, I have the utmost faith in these gays. I'm sure it will be worth the wait regardless how long its gonna take

GibbonBlack
06-30-2012, 10:13 PM
Yeah it sucks. Ah well, they said this year at least. Has to be released in the next 5 months by that logic. So at the very most it's about half a year away from now before we hear anything. Yay?

Still, I have the utmost faith in these gays. I'm sure it will be worth the wait regardless how long its gonna take

the 'U' key is no where near the 'A'. :p

FernandoDante
06-30-2012, 10:17 PM
*makes fart noise with armpit*

carpenoctem
07-01-2012, 01:27 AM
Still, I have the utmost faith in these gays.

Yes! Have they all come out together then? I always suspected Atticus but it didn't seem like my place to say anything.

sick among the pure
07-01-2012, 11:20 AM
Yes! Have they all come out together then? I always suspected Atticus but it didn't seem like my place to say anything.

Ah, memories of the rare track "I Like Dudes"

eversonpoe
07-01-2012, 02:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elj5n3t8iOc

"hum one of the songs, then."
"willies, willies, i like willies..."
"it's i LOVE willies."
"what?"
"i LOVE willies!"
"sir, could you keep it down?"

Shnoorum
07-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Oops. Sorry, too much cock on the mind. Sorry HTDA.

sick among the pure
07-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Trent, this is how bored we are waiting for any noises from you or your groups. We've reverted to little kids making gay jokes. :[

jessamineny
07-01-2012, 07:54 PM
At least we're not bitching about how we spent $300 four months ago and have nothing to show for it.

carpenoctem
07-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Trent, this is how bored we are waiting for any noises from you or your groups. We've reverted to little kids making gay jokes. :[

lol. We are definitely bored.

I temporarily wasn't able to get on ETS today because the server was too busy and I vaguely hoped that there had been so much HTDA news that everyone had crashed the forums. I still think this is going to happen, maybe within the next few months.

sore_and_crucified
07-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Another week passes us by. Desperation setting in now!