PDA

View Full Version : Limp Bizkit

Pages : [1] 2

ghostaustin
03-07-2012, 07:42 PM
LET IT BE KNOWN that Fred Durst is a tool, he is the scum of the earth and he, along with every Limp Bizkit fan, should die in a fire. Fuck him, fuck them, and fuck their shitty taste in music.

now that that's out of the way...

Fred totally mentions The Unquestionable Truth Pt. 2 in this article! The last time he mentioned it, it was supposed to be the hip hop half of TUT1, but now he describes it as more of a heavy metal record.

http://www.billboard.com/news/exclusive-fred-durst-talks-cash-money-lil-1006385752.story#/news/exclusive-fred-durst-talks-cash-money-lil-1006385752.story

Okay, one more thing- Fred Durst doesn't give a fuck if you don't like him, I don't give a fuck if you don't like him, so save your energy and go talk shit in the Manson thread.

bobbie solo
03-07-2012, 10:36 PM
wait....what?

richardp
03-07-2012, 11:58 PM
Yeah, seriously? Was that post written by two different people? One of the most idiotic things I think I've ever read on ETS.

Space Suicide
03-08-2012, 12:00 AM
Yeah, seriously? Was that post written by two different people? One of the most idiotic things I think I've ever read on ETS.

Ditto, to every extent.

Kid Charlemagne
03-08-2012, 12:46 AM
I know the mods have a boner for the GNR thread, but it's pretty obvious this dude is trolling and this needs to be locked ASAP.

ghostaustin
03-08-2012, 08:15 AM
Jeez guys, I was being ironic. duh. I'm an LB fan and I figured I'd say what all the trolls are going to say before they say it. And then I posted a bit of news I'm excited about. Does this clarify things for you?

Space Suicide
03-08-2012, 09:14 AM
I'd frankly like to hear more Black Light Burns material and their second album as opposed to hearing about rubbish collaborations with Lil Wayne.

aggroculture
03-08-2012, 10:49 AM
I'm glad LB are back in business. I will take any and every bizarre thing they throw my way. I enjoyed Gold Cobra. And I enjoy their rap collaborations (N 2 Together Now, Getcha Groove On). So yeah, bring it awwwn.

I'd frankly like to hear more Black Light Burns material and their second album as opposed to hearing about rubbish collaborations with Lil Wayne.

You will, I believe BLB are releasing their second album in fall.

Madmya
03-15-2012, 03:59 AM
The Unquestionable Truth Pt 1 is a good EP. It's their best release since 3 Dollar Bill and it was a shame Gold Cobra wasn't more it's style. Probably record company pressure...

I saw Limp live at Soundwave a few weeks ago, I only lasted about 4 songs when I realised they were going to play the setlist I didn't want (I knew it was a slim chance, and Mastodon were on at the same time!). But holy shit can Wes Borland be any more awesome? He's gotta be getting old now and he showed far more energy than any other guitarist I saw at Soundwave.

aggroculture
09-17-2012, 10:03 AM
http://www.theprp.com/2012/09/15/news/limp-bizkit-to-return-to-the-studio-in-october-confirm-new-single/

mfte
11-07-2012, 01:20 PM
oh wow a new single and video... called LIGHTZ with a Z

Limp Bizkit now sounds like Bruno Mars

Jinsai
11-07-2012, 01:54 PM
What the fuck is going on!?

thevoid99
11-07-2012, 09:57 PM
I heard some of it earlier today. I never thought they would top themselves in terms of making shitty music. Wow... I was wrong. This beats everything they did as it is beyond crap. Fred Durst really wants to go pop.

aggroculture
11-07-2012, 10:35 PM
As a long-time LB fan...that song is truly embarassing. Shamefully bad, even by their standards.

BrokenSpiral
11-08-2012, 12:08 AM
What a crazy jump from the sound they had on gold cobra. Record company must be putting that pressure on them.

Reznor2112
11-08-2012, 08:56 AM
Here is the vid... suffice to say it is different, Fred's rap is TERRIBLE, chorus isnt bad, but Wes; solo fuckin killed.

http://vimeo.com/52286689

scotty79
11-08-2012, 12:33 PM
Holy fuck that's bad

Self.Destructive.Pattern
11-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Fuck, and he had the audacity make fun of Stephen Richards voice and musical talent.

This is embarrassing and Wes will always have the crown as being the only important and memorable member of Limp Bizkit.

Sutekh
11-08-2012, 01:53 PM
God help me

I like Pollution, Breakstuff and Rollin. In particular I don't think there's any denying Breakstuff - for its sins - was and is a great MTV type song

but the rest I find massively irritating, Fred's persona is just dire

Looking forward to seeing black light burns in a tiny Camden Town venue in the new year though!

Jinsai
11-08-2012, 09:31 PM
holy shit that song sucks

Deepvoid
11-23-2012, 03:03 PM
New teaser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsw2EDASftI

BrokenSpiral
11-23-2012, 07:13 PM
By the sounds of that monster riff, the label really wanted a marketable single so they they came up with that other garbage song. This actual sounds promising

Broadbent
11-23-2012, 08:43 PM
That Guitar sounds awfully out of tune.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
11-23-2012, 10:55 PM
I wonder how this band would sound if they booted Fred Durst and lost the silly lyrics and vocals....

october_midnight
11-23-2012, 11:12 PM
That was a monster riff?

aggroculture
11-24-2012, 10:56 AM
It's really hard being a LB fan: they shit on you - and their own career - constantly.

Gold Cobra was a pretty good record but they didn't give it a chance in the US. I think it's because they're still hung up on radio: radio - or rather payola radio - broke this band. But radio doesn't give a shit about LB these days: what they need to do is tour their asses off in the US (how about a club tour? LB sell few enough records to totally be a club band for a bit), and find new ways to connect with some of their old audience. But they won't - because they likely see that as beneath them. They cancelled a US tour two years ago (probably because they weren't selling enough tickets for the large venues they'd chosen), and have never rescheduled. Even if they reached a fraction of their old fans they'd be up and running again. But I think they don't have the humility to realize this, and are still obsessed with having a radio hit - see that recent "Lightz" abomination. LB will never be cool to young/new fans: it's their old fans they need to bring back into the fold. From the roots up - not the top-down model that has been failing them for a decade now.

I think Fred Durst's arrogance helped LB become the biggest band on Earth at the time: it also made LB into the biggest joke on Earth. They've never recovered from this, partly - in my mind - because FD refuses to go to a lower level than they're accustomed to and work their way back up again. Acting like you're still top dog when in fact you're at the bottom of the pile - and still the laughing stock of the music industry - just isn't working.

Conan The Barbarian
11-24-2012, 02:48 PM
Aggro pretty much nailed it on point.

Space Suicide
11-24-2012, 03:00 PM
Lightz?

They're getting worse.

johnbron
11-24-2012, 05:09 PM
holy shit that song sucks
Word for word what I was going to post. This is incredibly bad.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
11-24-2012, 06:50 PM
There is just nothing there anymore. The fact that Durst is still in the music industry is amazing to me; he is just horrible in every way. When I go back and listen to their albums I am almost ashamed I even liked some of the songs that I would never look twice at.

onthewall2983
11-24-2012, 07:11 PM
That Guitar sounds awfully out of tune.

That's what I thought in 1999.

voidnz
11-24-2012, 09:14 PM
I think Durst just forgot what made the band good (well successful) in the first place. It wasn't songs like Lightz that's for sure. The Borland guitar solo is badass but the rest, ugh, it's horrible. It doesn't appeal to the typical Bizkit fan. I remember when Chocolate Starfish came out when I was like 12, I bought that shit because it was rebellious, over the top. Whether they like it or not, that's their audience.

I still limp with the bizkit from time to time.

blackholesun
11-24-2012, 09:43 PM
http://cdn2.damnfunnypictures.com/5453ff2e0bd7bae1ada22e36d78b423c.jpg

SM Rollinger
11-25-2012, 03:30 PM
So i read that Fred had posted this on the bands facebook...

“FYI- this is a nu metal rock album. Not for radio. Not for commercial use. Our focus is on our band and our desire to rock the fuck out. As you know radio does not rock. So be it. This one is for nu metal rock fans. No one else.”

thats worth a million face plants. their is like probably 4 or 5 "nu metal" fans left out there. Nu metal is dead. God i cant believe im even posting this

BenAkenobi
11-26-2012, 11:42 AM
...there is like probably 4 or 5 "nu metal" fans left out there. Nu metal is dead. God i cant believe im even posting this

Deftones, on the other hand, are blossoming (according to this forum)

blackholesun
11-26-2012, 11:53 AM
Probably because they haven't made a "nu metal" record since 1997.

aggroculture
11-26-2012, 03:49 PM
They release "Lightz" - and then say they're appealing directly to the fanbase. Yeah right.

Also, nu-metal may be unfashionable, but it's far from dead. Linkin Park, Slipknot, Disturbed, Deftones all still do very well. SOAD would too if they came back.
Instead, with each release, LB put themselves closer to the category of the has-beens and never-weres who still soldier on: Ill Nino, Mushroomhead, Static-X, Papa Roach and so on. Korn are also going down that path.

SM Rollinger
11-26-2012, 06:40 PM
I used to love Mushroomhead, but they have been nothing but bland and boring since loosing one of their guitarists and singers. Used to be one of my favorite bands, and i still love Superbuick and their Self Titled

As far as the 'tones are concerned, i think they have trancended "nu-metal" all together, much like SOAD, LP and Slipknot

Fixer808
11-26-2012, 06:59 PM
“FYI- this is a nu metal rock album. Not for radio. Not for commercial use. Our focus is on our band and our desire to rock the fuck out. As you know radio does not rock. So be it. This one is for nu metal rock fans. No one else.”
And I laughed and I laughed. To quote Metalocalypse: "Can somebody tell this band what year it is?"

Magtig
12-06-2012, 09:36 PM
In a room full of darkness hoping to see lights.
IN A ROOM FULL OF DARKNESS HOPING TO SEE LIGHTS? REALLY!? LIGHTS? I LISTENED TO THIS FUCKING SONG ONE TIME LAST LAST WEEK AND IT'S BEEN IN MY FUCKING HEAD EVER SINCE. A SONG ABOUT LIGHT SWITCHES! FUCK!! FUUUUUCK!!! KILL ME!!!!!

joplinpicasso
12-06-2012, 10:14 PM
Wait, then what was Gold Cobra supposed to be?

Deepvoid
03-24-2013, 07:08 PM
Yes .. it has arrived...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAezrL0-RXc&feature=share

Space Suicide
03-24-2013, 07:50 PM
I couldn't think they'd get shittier but now they feature Lil Wayne on a track and are on his label officially releasing something.

thevoid99
03-24-2013, 08:18 PM
Ah... my fucking ears.... they've gotten worse.

Reznor2112
03-24-2013, 08:31 PM
This is fucking terrible

PhoenixML
03-24-2013, 08:38 PM
I never really cared about the band. I never really hated them. I never really mind people actually enjoying their musics.

I just know I always enjoyed Boiler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qex0OjXolzc

neorev
03-24-2013, 09:23 PM
^^Yeah, was never a huge fan of the group either... but "Boiler" is a pretty damn good track.^^

kenthebear
03-25-2013, 12:08 PM
I'm fucking sick of the term leaked. according to wikipedia, fred durst 'leaked' this new song by posting it on their website. that is literally the opposite of leaking.

yeah yeah limp bizkit fans not having a fucking clue about anything isn't new but STILL

PhoenixML
03-25-2013, 02:50 PM
I'm fucking sick of the term leaked. according to wikipedia, fred durst 'leaked' this new song by posting it on their website. that is literally the opposite of leaking.

yeah yeah limp bizkit fans not having a fucking clue about anything isn't new but STILL

haha I saw that too. I also thought it was weird choice of word.

Ripe(withdecay)
03-25-2013, 02:50 PM
I have a love/hate relationship with Limp Bizkit. I really like their music espically from Three Dollar Bills, Y'all to The Unquestionable Truth (Part 1). Gold Cobra wasn't that great as I expected but the new song really isn't that great.

nvr_mind
03-25-2013, 07:25 PM
The new song is killer. I love how you guys claim to hate this band but can't stop talking about them or keeping up with what they're doing.

Jinsai
03-25-2013, 08:14 PM
The new song is killer. I love how you guys claim to hate this band but can't stop talking about them or keeping up with what they're doing.

If you step in dogshit, and then tell some people about the unfortunate experience, that doesn't mean you suddenly like dogshit.

It's ok if you like the band and their new song. I don't think Limp Bizkit is primed to invade/torture my ears in the same kind of inescapable way they pulled off in the glory days of Nookie. If it makes you happy, nobody can take that away from you. However, it's very possible that people are just being completely honest when they say that they really dislike the music.

nvr_mind
03-26-2013, 09:50 AM
You're right. I didn't mean to seem like I was pissed or anything. I, also, completely understand why people would not enjoy the music this band makes. So I'm not judging people for not liking it. I, however, love this bands energy and the attitude of their music. Even their mellow stuff can be cool and trippy thanks to Wes. I love his guitar work and also the rest of the band. I try not to pay too much attention to Fred's shitty at times lyrics but rather his delivery and how killer the band can be live. Not saying people shouldn't have their own opinion. I just don't get the sheer hatred this band gets so much.

voidnz
03-26-2013, 11:06 PM
i THINK THE NEW SONG'S PRETTY GOOD. sHAME ABOUT LIL wAYNE THOUGH IMO. nOT A FAN OF THAT BIT

SM Rollinger
03-31-2013, 03:24 PM
Oh my gawd i made it through an entire LB song without having to hold back vomit...

http://youtu.be/2M-7VnF6fFY
But seriously though, this was one of their better tracks from back in the day (and one of the first times they have tried to play this one, apperently)

edit: cuz i had the wrong link for the vid. that and i just noticed this is my 3rd post in this thread, which is 3 too many because i cant stand these guys. however my desire to share cool stuff i find with the ets community outweighs my personal convictions against this band.

wizfan
03-31-2013, 03:32 PM
^ video unavailable

SM Rollinger
03-31-2013, 03:37 PM
^ video unavailable
4th and final post in the LB thread is being used to inform all that the video link has been fixed. its been good guys, but ive got better things to do, like clean my deep fryer or scoop my cats litterbox.

ImTheWiseJanitor
03-31-2013, 04:14 PM
Man...that rehearsal version sounded like ass - which is a real shame, because "Hold On" is one of those Limp Bizkit songs I genuinely like. I'm sure it would sound different through a soundboard, but that alone just wasn't great.

aggroculture
04-02-2013, 08:50 PM
I am a Limp Bizkit fan...and Ready 2 Go is a pile of shit.

BrokenSpiral
04-02-2013, 08:59 PM
It is pretty bad. Some of Gold Cobra was, at least, pretty cool musically. This is pretty bland, poorly produced, repetitive, and a horrible rap collaboration. At least the song with Method Man was cool.

ImTheWiseJanitor
04-03-2013, 11:53 AM
They just announced a show at the Granada here in town. Might as well go, it'll probably be the only time I'll get to see them without driving very far. Hell, I could take the bus there.

Is this gonna be the tour where Black Light Burns is supposed to open for them? Or was that the last tour they did? I don't even remember seeing anything about whether that even happened or not.

aggroculture
04-03-2013, 12:13 PM
http://www.theprp.com/2013/03/16/news/black-light-burns-to-support-limp-bizkit-on-fall-tour/

ImTheWiseJanitor
04-03-2013, 12:21 PM
Thanks! If they won't be there, maybe I'll wait on buying tickets. Then again, they'd literally only be a 10 minute drive across town. I'll just see what tickets are gonna cost.

aggroculture
04-03-2013, 12:29 PM
If they announce an NYC date, I'm there. Asbury Park is a pain to get to.

aggroculture
04-17-2013, 08:02 AM
Strange article from an alternate parallel universe in which Limp Bizkit are a well-loved and respected band: http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-news/article/limp-bizkit-stories-from-travie-mccoy-korn-slipknot-mgk-five-finger-death-punch-aaron-lewis-and-more/10446940

Maul
07-23-2013, 08:17 AM
The Ready to Go video finally dropped!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyAAwCu-Lu4

Space Suicide
07-23-2013, 08:20 AM
LOL. Lil Wayne and Limp Dickshit. Never thought I'd see that but I guess it's true and as generic as it sounded on paper.

Durst looks as wannabe as ever.

Good riffs though.

tony.parente
07-23-2013, 11:14 AM
That song is everything that is awesome about Limp Bizkit rolled into one.

9/10

LaneSax
07-23-2013, 11:51 AM
i enjoyed some of Gold Cobra but this new one isn't doing anything for me.

Merriweather
07-23-2013, 01:15 PM
Did their bass player leave, or has he just grow his hair out?

Stateira
07-23-2013, 01:32 PM
According to wikipedia, their bassist is still Sam Rivers, so I guess he just grew his hair out.

Maximilian
07-23-2013, 02:26 PM
"I'm so poker face, ladies goin' gaga."

tony.parente
07-23-2013, 02:36 PM
i enjoyed some of Gold Cobra but this new one isn't doing anything for me.

Still sam, met him earlier this year and got a pick from him. Kind of an asshole but he's still there.

SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY
07-23-2013, 02:40 PM
What a fucking joke. Can we erase this band already?

scorpiusdiamond
07-23-2013, 02:54 PM
Fred Durst recently did an AMA where he actually sounded quite intelligent and talked about how much he loved NIN.

tony.parente
07-24-2013, 09:51 AM
Fred Durst recently did an AMA where he actually sounded quite intelligent and talked about how much he loved NIN.

He's a chill dude, and as long as you listen to his band with your tongue firmly planted in your cheek their albums are pretty damned good.

mfte
07-25-2013, 10:35 AM
http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/reviewed-the-limp-bizkit-comeback-the-world-has-been-waiting-for

aggroculture
09-10-2013, 10:31 AM
Want:
http://images.kerrang.com/content/ksite/spreads/1483_244x325.jpg

Deepvoid
09-10-2013, 04:56 PM
The fact that they have released the first single in April 2013, released the video in July and that the album is only slated for January 2014 speaks for itself. For sure the album is weak.

I have never seen that before. I bet they are writing new stuff for it as we speak.

Halo Infinity
09-10-2013, 05:02 PM
I couldn't wrap my mind around it either, but that could and would be just about right in some ways. As for me, I hardly listen to Limp Bizkit now, but I still find myself liking Three Dollar Bill, Yall$, Significant Other, and Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water. I even remember liking, and still like most of Results May Vary too. It was actually until a little bit after The Unquestionable Truth (Part 1) when I stopped following Limp Bizkit.

Kid Charlemagne
09-10-2013, 07:07 PM
The fact that they have released the first single in April 2013, released the video in July and that the album is only slated for January 2014 speaks for itself. For sure the album is weak.

I have never seen that before. I bet they are writing new stuff for it as we speak.

This type of thing is quite common in the hip hop world, they're signed to Young Money, I don't know if it's connected. But yeah, I'm sure it's going to suck, I can't believe that they think they're still popular.

Deepvoid
09-10-2013, 08:04 PM
This type of thing is quite common in the hip hop world, they're signed to Young Money, I don't know if it's connected. But yeah, I'm sure it's going to suck, I can't believe that they think they're still popular.

You do make a good point about this being common practice with hip-hop releases. If Young Money thinks they can manage a rock release the same way, they are even dumber than I thought.

Kid Charlemagne
09-10-2013, 08:11 PM
You do make a good point about this being common practice with hip-hop releases. If Young Money thinks they can manage a rock release the same way, they are even dumber than I thought.

I don't see this working honestly. Weezy doesn't have the same pull he did three years ago, much less when Tha Carter III came out. Hell, he's not even the most popular guy on his label or second (Lookin' at you Drake and Nicki). It'd be one thing if these guys were consistent hitmakers for the past decade, but their last album and tour flopped and they're more than a punchline. It's going to be hilarious to see how this develops.

tony.parente
09-10-2013, 08:20 PM
I don't see this working honestly. Weezy doesn't have the same pull he did three years ago, much less when Tha Carter III came out. Hell, he's not even the most popular guy on his label or second (Lookin' at you Drake and Nicki). It'd be one thing if these guys were consistent hitmakers for the past decade, but their last album and tour flopped and they're more than a punchline. It's going to be hilarious to see how this develops.
Many shows on the bizkit tour sold out, mine in stl included.

Kid Charlemagne
09-10-2013, 08:25 PM
Many shows on the bizkit tour sold out, mine in stl included.

Surely not the amphitheater tour in which many shows were cancelled or "rescheduled" which weren't actually rescheduled.

Halo Infinity
12-26-2013, 05:37 PM
I'm not sure how true this is, or will be, but it sort of seems like Stampede of the Disco Elephants is slated to come out very early next year, which is pretty much next month from now if it really is going to be released some time around January of 2014. That's the only latest thing I could find about Limp Bizkit as of now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stampede_of_the_Disco_Elephants

And well, it seems like even the majority of former Limp Bizkit fans can still like Three Dollar Bill, Yall$, Significant Other, and even Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water. I just put that way, because that's when Limp Bizkit was at the peak of their mainstream popularity, but CSATHDFW also was the start of their decline in some ways too, but the first two albums seem to be the most loved, and the least dissed and criticized out of all of them. It still seems that way until now, with the exception of people that hate every single thing Limp Bizkit put out since 1997.

As for the lineup, they've always seemed to surprise me. First Wes Borland leaves, and then returns, and then DJ Lethal leaves, which also makes me wonder if he'd also return some day just like Wes.

henryeatscereal
12-26-2013, 06:22 PM
"Stampede of the Disco Elephants" has to be the dumbest title since "Chocolate Starfish...", still i do want to listen to it, "Gold Cobra" was meh but at least they tried, i want them to record another album in the same vein as "Three Dollar Bill Y'all"

Jinsai
12-26-2013, 11:09 PM
about ten years ago, I saw Fred Durst walking down the street towards me. I immediately froze. I finally had my opportunity to tell the guy who wrote the song "nookie" to go fuck himself. Maybe I could trip him. Or push him. Or trip and push him. Maybe I could tell him how much it sucks that he's proud of the fact that he's never read a book.

So Fred Durst walks up to me, sees me frozen staring at him, and naturally assumes I'm a huge fan. He makes this shitty sorta gang sign thing with his hands and says "Wassup man?!" and nods at me. Then he walked away.

That really happened, and not a day goes by that I don't hate myself for letting that happen.

Halo Infinity
12-26-2013, 11:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V8P5OUdllc

henryeatscereal
12-26-2013, 11:29 PM
I dunno, people hate Fred because he's a douche, but i can think of far worse people in the music business than him, the Oasis dudes for example...

GulDukat
12-27-2013, 12:34 AM
I liked Limp Bizkit when I was 19/20 and still think that SO and CSATHDFW are fun albums. That said, this band has long since run its course,

fillow
12-27-2013, 02:56 AM
They still put pretty good live show, though. I've seen them this year, they played pretty much all old hits (including just about every song from Chocolate Starfish) and just two songs from Gold Cobra, which were also okay. The only song I missed was The Truth, which they play occasionally.

Krazy
12-28-2013, 10:22 PM
Are you fucking kidding? On a roll? The albums you just listed were released in '03, '05, and '11 (for the record, yes, I had to check).

And there's no credibility in their "latest" garbage either. Last time they put out some crappy single with a video you had a whiggered out near 50 year old Durst trying to make fun of Britney Spears and shit.

Holy crap this entire thread belongs in the shitty music one.

Krazy
12-28-2013, 10:56 PM
Didn't ruin my night at all. But yeah, referencing a 10 yo album as being "on a roll" is a bit rediculous- no matter who the band is. How 'bout them Beatles?!?!?

my bad on FD's age being 43- that totally makes sense now and it's all good for him to continue and make fun of 90s pop tartlets in their singles.

Fucking christ.

Krazy
12-28-2013, 10:58 PM
And for reference, if someone needs it. Remembe hearing it when it came out so haven't paid attention to this crap the last couple years:

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/2949551/

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-28-2013, 11:23 PM
Oh God. I finally watched that video, and it made me laugh harder than I have all day. I don't know what that means, but at least it got me to laugh.

Halo Infinity
12-28-2013, 11:47 PM
I think I can actually see it from both ways. If you thought that everything since 1997, or anything/everything from 2000 and beyond from Limp Bizkit was shit, of course none of it would've been on a roll from any point in time. :p

Perhaps it also comes from me being a Limp Bizkit fan since 1999, and nostalgia speaking, as they were the first band I really got into. And even though I'm not as into Limp Bizkit as much as I've used to, I also thought that Results May Vary and The Unquestionable Truth (Part 1) were actually good and decent albums. Looking back now, I think I actually appreciate Results May Vary a lot more now, but I can also accept why it was a bit of a let-down to those that wanted more of a SO and/or CSATHFW sound.

I'd also easily recommend The Unquestionable Truth (Part 1) to anybody that liked Three Dollar Bill, Yall$ as well. As for Gold Cobra, I haven't really checked it out as I stopped following Limp Bizkit at the time, but now that I'm reminded about it, I think I might get it eventually. With what little I've checked out about it, I wouldn't expect any more or less from them anyway.

Krazy
12-29-2013, 01:10 AM
^^^Fair enough.

For the record I hope NYRexall doesn't think I was attacking him- just his post, it just flat out doesn't make sense. I listened to and liked LB back in the later 90s. They were the right "popular" band for the right time but that genre had no staying power. Add in the fact that FD is unlikable doosh bag and that spelled the end for them. I think they were here fairly recently in Milwaukee for a show- attendance was like 500 people. :/ (Can't confirm actual attendance figures, it was at The Rave- and not The Ballroom).

Halo Infinity
12-29-2013, 01:20 AM
I think no matter how loved/good or hated/bad the musicians are, taking potshots never seems to help, especially in songs. (That's not to say they can't have negative opinions on music they don't like, but I've noticed that it sometimes creates many, "Pot. Kettle. Black." moments, or just makes them look like douches even if you might agree with them.)

And yes, I won't deny that either, as Fred Durst really was quite the instigator, and by some time around mid to late 2002, Limp Bizkit have already seemed to have a massive decline in popularity.

Halo Infinity
12-29-2013, 12:03 PM
It's actually nice to see post-CSATHFW albums get that kind of appreciation. As for me, the first three albums will always be my most favorite Limp Bizkit albums.

Krazy
12-29-2013, 08:44 PM
What part of my post didn't make sense to you? You're the one who had his age wrong and is grading the quality of their output on how long it's been released to the public.

The part where you stated "the Bizkit guys are on a roll" citing an album that was released over a decade ago. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

I thought FD was in his later 40's (original thought was around 47), so I was off by 4 years and corrected myself. Sue me.

henryeatscereal
12-29-2013, 10:22 PM
I like "Results may vary" better than "Chocolate Starfish" ...yeah, i just said that!

Self.Destructive.Pattern
12-30-2013, 04:29 AM
You know what really doesn't make any sense? Arguing about Limp Bizkit albums.

Because even a decent Limp Bizkit album is still a shitty album overall.

Now, this makes sense :D.

Deepvoid
12-31-2013, 10:21 AM
No one commented on the new song "Thieves"? Yes, a Ministry cover and yes it was played at Woodstock 99. Never too late to release a recording of it I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn49z-Vwf4U

henryeatscereal
12-31-2013, 11:15 AM
^can't believe it, it's pretty decent actually! ( i just hated the ending...)

Space Suicide
12-31-2013, 12:00 PM
Guitar isn't bad but the rap shouting delivery blows a cock.

ghostaustin
01-02-2014, 09:07 AM
are Theives and Lights supposed to be on the new album? If so, I think the new album is going to be pretty eclectic, because those songs are polar opposites

aggroculture
03-03-2014, 08:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x1EU3qKsUg

GulDukat
03-04-2014, 04:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x1EU3qKsUg
Wow, that was really bizarre and kind of cool.

Deepvoid
03-04-2014, 06:50 AM
I don't know what to make of this. I made it all the way through but that was weird as shit.

GulDukat
03-05-2014, 08:15 AM
No one commented on the new song "Thieves"? Yes, a Ministry cover and yes it was played at Woodstock 99. Never too late to release a recording of it I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn49z-Vwf4U
That was really, really bad. Like ICP bad.

Deepvoid
06-03-2014, 11:29 AM
So Limp Bizkit will be releasing a new song called "Endless Slaughter". It will be exclusively available during shows.
There's a catch though. It will only be sold on cassette.

Yes, you read correctly. On a freaking cassette. That's got to be the dumbest idea ever.

Reznor2112
06-03-2014, 11:35 AM
So Limp Bizkit will be releasing a new song called "Endless Slaughter". It will be exclusively available during shows.
There's a catch though. It will only be sold on cassette.

Yes, you read correctly. On a freaking cassette. That's got to be the dumbest idea ever.

Annnnnnnd another hipster move in the music world. I know Dillinger just did this but they also released it on vinyl. Why are band doing this. Cassette has no sound quality over CD Vinyl does.

BenAkenobi
06-03-2014, 11:39 AM
So, it won't appear on y o u t u b e, am i reading this right?

aggroculture
06-03-2014, 11:40 AM
It's a publicity stunt.
I still want one though.

Deepvoid
06-03-2014, 11:52 AM
It will be ripped. Just less convenient.
Agree that the quality cannot be as good as CD or vinyl though. So why bother.

fillow
06-03-2014, 02:06 PM
i think it's safe to assume the song will be available in digital later on

LaneSax
08-01-2014, 09:39 PM
everyone's favourite band has a new single...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR-3dWWyFiE

kel
08-01-2014, 09:59 PM
that fucking sucks.

henryeatscereal
08-02-2014, 12:51 AM
It has some interesting guitar parts and they tried something different, sadly the song makes no sense and the vocals are terrible

tony.parente
08-02-2014, 01:33 AM
It sounds like The Key. Also that track is awesome.
#controversialmusicopinions

voidnz
08-02-2014, 03:05 AM
This is fucking deadful. I'm willing to defend a lot of their music, but this is the worst song they've ever produced. The vocals and lyrics are the tips.

ghostaustin
08-02-2014, 08:06 AM
ew, is that what Limp Bizkit sounds like to normal people?

Maximilian
08-02-2014, 08:26 AM
I still like this tune:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtFe7ASS9Yg

Demogorgon
08-02-2014, 09:31 AM
the music is all right, it has that Wes Borland sound he's been working on the last few years, but Durst totally ruins it. He can't stay on key, he can't stay in tune, and when he kicks in the Axl Rose style vocals around the 3:30 mark, it just drags the song down even more. And then the Jon Davis style vocals at the end? Ugh. Limp Bizkit without Fred Durst wouldn't be Limp Bizkit.... but that would be a good thing, because the band that's left behind would be something really worth listening to with the right singer. Why this bunch of talented guys keeps him around.... I don't know.

armogi
08-02-2014, 11:34 AM
How nice would it be to get instrumental limp bizkit....

UnjollyIrishman
08-02-2014, 03:59 PM
Limp Bizkit without Fred Durst wouldn't be Limp Bizkit.... but that would be a good thing, because the band that's left behind would be something really worth listening to with the right singer. Why this bunch of talented guys keeps him around.... I don't know.
MONEY!!!!!
TBH Fred is what makes LB the Battlefield Earth of music for me, a talented group of people made hilariously awful by one disproportionately awful person.

Halo Infinity
08-02-2014, 04:06 PM
How nice would it be to get instrumental limp bizkit....
What you've said just took me back to this. It's Limp Bizkit's "Everything". Even though there are some words spoken, it's mostly instrumental. It's also still one of my favorite songs from Three Dollar Bill, Y'all$. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bInFOkcRxYo

And as far as Limp Bizkit in general goes, it seems like the first 4 albums are still holding up for me the most.

GulDukat
08-02-2014, 05:13 PM
the music is all right, it has that Wes Borland sound he's been working on the last few years, but Durst totally ruins it. He can't stay on key, he can't stay in tune, and when he kicks in the Axl Rose style vocals around the 3:30 mark, it just drags the song down even more. And then the Jon Davis style vocals at the end? Ugh. Limp Bizkit without Fred Durst wouldn't be Limp Bizkit.... but that would be a good thing, because the band that's left behind would be something really worth listening to with the right singer. Why this bunch of talented guys keeps him around.... I don't know.

Good observation.

Not liking this song at all. I liked some of their old song, but this is just awful. With a different singer and a good producer, this might be salvaged. As is, it's pretty bad.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
08-02-2014, 05:44 PM
I couldn't even get past the 1:30 mark.... this is just... awful.

MrSlfDstruct
08-02-2014, 09:05 PM
Yikes . . . right back to the new Slipknot track to cleanse myself.

Limp Bizkit and Smashing Pumpkins are two bands that I would probably really love if they had different leads. It baffles me how the guys in Limp put together some really great stuff only to have Durst take a shit all over it again and again.

onthewall2983
08-02-2014, 09:37 PM
And the band name is terrible.

tony.parente
08-03-2014, 11:39 PM
Am I the only one actually looking forward to Stampede of the Disco Bizkits or whatever it's called?

The first half of Endless Slaughter starts out halfway decent, but I can't find much to defend when it comes to the last two parts. That rap at the end is comically bad. They should have kept the first part, stretched it out to about three minutes, with better vocals and a third chorus, and then kicked in with the atmospheric second part as the outro, and left it at that. Or kept the first two parts as is and included another chorus from the first part as the capper after the atmospheric second part.

Instead, it sounds like a mash-up of four different ideas they couldn't figure out what to do with, and had Fred just freestyle over top of it. But half the fun of a new Limp Bizkit song or album is reading the interwebs explode with hypocritical Bizkit rage over how awful they are.

Fucking goofs. If it's so awful, why do you keep tuning in to their every whim? When are we going to hear you're barnburning foray into today's musical landscape?

I'm psyched for it. They're playing the pageant in STL and i'm ABSOLUTELY going, I had a blast when they played here last year. And they also put together setlists that the fans want to hear.

Weird.

tony.parente
08-04-2014, 01:25 AM
Word.

I last saw LB about three or four years ago in Rome. I went just to see what a LB show would be like in the modern age, and it was a shitload of fun. I was expecting frat boys and dudebros comprising the majority of their audience, but it was the exact opposite; their audience is kind of like NINs, where it's predominantly consisting of actual longtime fans who know words to every song and not just the hits. I went in hoping to have an interesting time and ended up having a fucking blast. Love when that happens.

They've sold over 40 million albums worldwide. How many bands out there can claim that? All these people that legit hate LB on the webz, you know they all bought a Bizkit album or two in their day, and no matter how much chest-beating they do, they can never, ever, undo that statistic. It's probably why they're still listening to everything the band releases.

See the thing is you have to listen to Limp Bizkit with a grain of salt the size of a boulder. You don't listen to limp bizkit because they're excellent musicians, or because fred writes amazing lyrics or whatever...you listen to them because they are the epitome of douchebag dudebro rap rock and they don't take themselves seriously. They are AMAZING at what they do and for a short year or 2 they were arguably the biggest band in the world.

Haters gunna hate, but I'll wear my limp bizkit shirts every day of the week while the pretentious music elitist butt funnels scoff at me. People need to stop taking music so fucking seriously.

blackholesun
08-04-2014, 01:56 AM
Just because something sells doesn't mean it's good.

tony.parente
08-04-2014, 03:04 AM
Just because something sells doesn't mean it's good.

Just because someone doesn't like something doesn't mean it's not good to someone else though.

fillow
08-04-2014, 03:46 AM
LB are really good live. I saw them last year, had a great time. The setlist was almost 50% Chocolat Stafish, with only two Gold Cobra songs (the rest were just hits from other albums).

tony.parente
08-04-2014, 03:51 AM
They played this at my show in STL last year, couldn't ask for much more (maybe stuck?)

Rollin' (Air Raid Vehicle) (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/limp-bizkit-33d69c2d.html?song=Rollin%27+%28Air+Raid+Vehicle%2 9)

Nookie (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/limp-bizkit-33d69c2d.html?song=Nookie)

Hot Dog (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/limp-bizkit-33d69c2d.html?song=Hot+Dog)

My Generation (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/limp-bizkit-33d69c2d.html?song=My+Generation)

Livin' It Up (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/limp-bizkit-33d69c2d.html?song=Livin%27+It+Up)

Bring It Back (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/limp-bizkit-33d69c2d.html?song=Bring+It+Back)

I'm Broke (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/limp-bizkit-33d69c2d.html?song=I%27m+Broke)

My Way (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/limp-bizkit-33d69c2d.html?song=My+Way)

Full Nelson (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/limp-bizkit-33d69c2d.html?song=Full+Nelson)

Covers Medley (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/limp-bizkit-33d69c2d.html?song=Covers+Medley)
(Cherub Rock / Master of … more (http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/limp-bizkit/2013/pops-sauget-il-1bd98508.html#))

Re-Arranged (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/limp-bizkit-33d69c2d.html?song=Re-Arranged)

Killing in the Name (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/rage-against-the-machine-bd68946.html?song=Killing+in+the+Name)
(Rage Against the Machine (http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/rage-against-the-machine-bd68946.html) cover)

Faith (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/george-michael-6bd6bef6.html?song=Faith)
(George Michael (http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/george-michael-6bd6bef6.html) cover)

Behind Blue Eyes (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/the-who-bd6bd2a.html?song=Behind+Blue+Eyes)
(The Who (http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/the-who-bd6bd2a.html) cover)

N 2 Gether Now (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/limp-bizkit-33d69c2d.html?song=N+2+Gether+Now)
(with Ryan Campbell)

Gold Cobra (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/limp-bizkit-33d69c2d.html?song=Gold+Cobra)

Eat You Alive (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/limp-bizkit-33d69c2d.html?song=Eat+You+Alive)

Counterfeit (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/limp-bizkit-33d69c2d.html?song=Counterfeit)

Take a Look Around (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/limp-bizkit-33d69c2d.html?song=Take+a+Look+Around)

Break Stuff (http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/limp-bizkit-33d69c2d.html?song=Break+Stuff)

fillow
08-04-2014, 04:07 AM
I'd add The Truth, but they don't play it very often

Demogorgon
08-04-2014, 04:47 AM
dude... come on. I try not to be overly critical about bands because I'm a musician myself, and I understand the shit that you have to go to if nobody listens to your music. but Endless Slaughter is a horrible, horrible song, and it's entirely because of Fred. what makes it even worse is that Fred CAN SING! The duet he did with Aaron Lewis on "Outside", and the studio recording of "Behind Blue Eyes" being two excellent examples. The dude does not HAVE to suck so hard. So why does he? It's just a flat out terrible song, vocally speaking, and if the rest of the album is like this... ugh. Sure, they have plenty of dumb songs, but the songs are performed and produced well. There's no mental exercise required to listen to Nookie or Rollin', but they were produced well, and they were fun to listen to regardless of the lyrics themselves. But not this song. Does that make me a "hater"? No. It's just a bad, bad song.

tony.parente
08-04-2014, 04:49 AM
They'll never win with their critics. They lost Wes and put out an experimental (for them) album, and got panned. They brought back Wes and released an EP with songs that actually addressed particular issues, and got panned. They went away for like six years, and got panned for being quitters. They came back and made the most 'Limp Bizkit' Limp Bizkit album possible with Gold Cobra, and that wasn't good enough either. Now they're going experimental again (this time with Wes) and - surprise, surprise! - the LB haters aren't pleased.

Fuck 'em. Like @tony.parente (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=2107) said, they're not meant to be taken seriously, and pretty damn great at what they do. If that's not good enough, go watch the RHCP lip sync at the Super Bowl or Lana Del Ray make an ass of herself on SNL.

And, holy shit, I can't believe I'm sticking up for Limp Bizkit :/

Limp Bizkit sold Pops over here the fuck out, and it's already really close to a sellout here again after a few days onsale.

UnjollyIrishman
08-04-2014, 06:20 PM
OK, the new song is bad. Not even funny bad like most of their stuff, just bad, really bad. At least it aint Creed tho.

thevoid99
08-04-2014, 11:09 PM
OK, the new song is bad. Not even funny bad like most of their stuff, just bad, really bad. At least it aint Creed tho.

I will say this though. As much as I loathe Limp Bizkit and Fred Durst. At least they try to be original unlike... Crud.

Deepvoid
08-09-2014, 10:43 AM
Don't like the new song either.

I don't know what they are trying to do with this album.
They use to have a sense for melodies and catchy riffs but that's long gone.

Nookie might be ridiculous in a way but it was a heavy/catchy song. Chocolate Starfish was slick, heavy and fun to listen to as well.
Boiler is still there best song to date in my opinion.

elevenism
08-09-2014, 05:57 PM
you know, i can't stand most of limp bizkit. but i have to admit that i dug some of their early stuff...i thought it was cool that he was screaming about his broken heart so honestly.
but fred durst opted to turn himself into a vanilla ice type figure.
the nickleback thread could be called the limp bizkit thread.
pop culture is strange. but i will say this....

i got a ticket to a tour called family values from a sick friend...around 99 or 2000 or so. i was excited because primus was there.

anyway, LB headlined, and their show was oddly cathartic. it was around new years, and before they played the last song, fred suggested that we let all of our pain and anger out RIGHT THEN and then get rid of it.

and i did.
i am slightly embarrassed to say that i was actually moved by this.

and also, i LOVED rolling around in 99 listening to this. it made me think of the impending turn of the millennium...idk how to describe it...i was on lots of acids and ecstasies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNP1ml69UkU

Halo Infinity
08-09-2014, 06:58 PM
I certainly see what you mean, while also feeling it. For anybody that even likes Limp Bizkit at the slightest, Three Dollar Bill, Y'all$ and Significant Other is most likely where it's at. I'd also throw in Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water in there too. I suppose it still has to do with them being the first band that I ever became obsessed with, which is why their earlier works still have a very strong nostalgic hold on me.

aggroculture
10-02-2014, 10:17 PM
Saw LB last night. It was OK, pretty good, a bit disappointing. The heavy hits were great, and hit the spot. But too much faffing around with cover songs. Also, the "party vibe" they were going for was a bit forced, and fell flat imo. Durst seemed a bit disconnected from it all, and is looking old: Wes Borland however gives his all, totally the star of the show. He brings the energy and carries the band. His vocal on their cover of Nirvana's "Teen Spirit' was awesome; of course Durst shouted it down and made them stop. They played pretty much only the hits: nothing from Gold Cobra (!) or Unquestionable Truth. I get that they're re-introducing themselves to a US market they've been absent from for a decade, and that they were playing to an audience that likely didn't want to hear new material, but the old shit. So they've become a nostalgia act.

I dunno, mixed feelings. They should tour with Faith No More again, haha. Both in the same boat now.

Jinsai
10-03-2014, 02:23 AM
His vocal on their cover of Nirvana's "Teen Spirit' was awesome; of course Durst shouted it down and made them stop.

Jesus... If you wanted me to explain my personal version of hell, it would have at least something to do with attending a concert where Limp Bizkit cover Smells Like Teen Spirit.

I dunno, mixed feelings. They should tour with Faith No More again, haha. Both in the same boat now.

I don't get it.

tony.parente
10-03-2014, 03:17 AM
I'll always have a soft spot for the bizkit, always have always will.

tony.parente
10-03-2014, 04:44 AM
No Gold Cobra songs? What are they thinking. That album is entertaining as fuck!

ESPECIALLY Bring It Back

fillow
10-03-2014, 05:38 AM
When I saw them last year, they did Gold Cobra title track and Bring it Back. Both were good, especially the former. Also, the show was 2-3 songs longer than the current US tour (even excluding 2-3 the covers, of which they mostly played only 1 verse and 1 chorus). Wes also played opening riff from Hurt, before quickly jumping to something else.

Kodiak33
10-03-2014, 08:03 AM
aggroculture, did you see them in Indy? I thought about going...

Archive_Reports
10-03-2014, 09:23 AM
aggroculture, did you see them in Indy? I thought about going...

There's people here from Indy?!

Kodiak33
10-03-2014, 09:28 AM
Yep, me! I live in Greenwood...I guess that still counts.

Archive_Reports
10-03-2014, 09:34 AM
Son of a bitch...

aggroculture
10-03-2014, 09:37 AM
I live in Bloomington. Good to know there are ETSers nearby. Let's catch a show sometime!

Jesus... If you wanted me to explain my personal version of hell, it would have at least something to do with attending a concert where Limp Bizkit cover Smells Like Teen Spirit.

Ha! Fred's Cobain fixation is kind of cute. I think I once described it as "the clown who wants to play Hamlet." But he never will.

I don't get it.

Both are now on the nostalgia circuit. Sure I am excited for a new FNM album (and a new LB album haha), but that doesn't really change the nature of these reunions. It's grasping at something that was.

r_k_f
10-03-2014, 09:59 AM
I'd just like to say I also did it all for the Nookie.... I will show myself out, thank you.

Jinsai
10-03-2014, 11:20 AM
Both are now on the nostalgia circuit. Sure I am excited for a new FNM album (and a new LB album haha), but that doesn't really change the nature of these reunions. It's grasping at something that was.

I don't see FNM as being a nostalgia group in the same way that Limp Bizkit would, and that's not just because I really want to kick Fred Durst in the throat.

Faith No More were around for a long time, Mike Patton went on to be a respected musician who worked with a bunch of great groups, and did a lot of really interesting stuff before coming back to another run with Faith No More. Patton is celebrated for being a great and talented/versatile vocalist. That aspect alone makes the comparison a little... weird.

aggroculture
10-03-2014, 12:59 PM
None of that is incompatible with Faith No More's reunion being something of a nostalgia trip. Also, they toured together back in the day when LB was starting out. I think it'd be an awesome pairing, of course it won't happen.

Sutekh
10-03-2014, 01:11 PM
yeah but step outside of our own little world for a second... they're both bands that had their time in the sun in the 90s, had 1 or 2 albums that the average bloke gave a crap about, etc etc. The differences get smaller the further out of the ghetto you put yourself. They are both on the nostalgia run in that you go see them, the setlist is 90% old stuff and the crowd gets older every year. I mean yeah one is cashing in on late 90s nu metal nostalgia and one is cashing in on early 90s alt rock nostalgia but that is surely splitting hairs just a bit, it's both nostalgia for Xers and Yers

aggroculture
11-17-2014, 03:10 PM
Listen to Freddy's attempts at witchhouse music here: https://soundcloud.com/f73d

Space Suicide
11-17-2014, 08:10 PM
Listen to Freddy's attempts at witchhouse music here: https://soundcloud.com/f73d

I don't get this retard. He enjoys rock music and metal obviously and is now foraying into electronic/witchhouse. Why can't he just drop the pathetic 1995 rapper gimmick and outfit. It'd do wonders for his credibility...though, probably not. This was the clown who started a feud with Britney Spears on TRL...ha.

mfte
11-17-2014, 10:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dUuwbFH0u4

telee.kom
06-06-2015, 03:01 AM
They played our biggest music festival yesterday so I look up some of their recent performances and damn, did Fred Durst got older or what? I remember him as this cocky twat with incredibly punchable face and now he is 46. Weird. Makes me feel old. I also wonder how much longer he will keep doing this. Will be still rapping on stage when he's 60?

tony.parente
06-07-2015, 05:12 AM
They played our biggest music festival yesterday so I look up some of their recent performances and damn, did Fred Durst got older or what? I remember him as this cocky twat with incredibly punchable face and now he is 46. Weird. Makes me feel old. I also wonder how much longer he will keep doing this. Will be still rapping on stage when he's 60?
God I hope so!

laci
06-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Hey guys,
I have a very rare sealed Significant Other cassette for sale: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251980889517?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Maybe someone is still looking for a nice copy :)

Edit: sold

aggroculture
05-02-2016, 12:03 PM
http://www.theprp.com/2016/05/02/news/limp-bizkits-wes-borland-releases-new-solo-album-crystal-machete/

imail724
05-02-2016, 01:06 PM
http://www.theprp.com/2016/05/02/news/limp-bizkits-wes-borland-releases-new-solo-album-crystal-machete/
Wait what?! He never tweeted about this or posted on Instagram or anything.

fillow
05-02-2016, 04:05 PM
So um, is BLB finished?

henryeatscereal
05-02-2016, 05:24 PM
"Stampede of the Disco Elephants" is becoming another "Chinese Democracy"

Khrz
05-02-2016, 05:33 PM
So um, is BLB finished?

He said so a while back, apparently he was disappointed by how received it was. I think it just wasn't as fun as he hoped it would be and that all things considered he preferred the fun he had with LB.

Space Suicide
05-02-2016, 05:39 PM
He said so a while back, apparently he was disappointed by how received it was. I think it just wasn't as fun as he hoped it would be and that all things considered he preferred the fun he had with LB.

BLB was his best output of his career honestly. What fucked him was the label swap and how long it took the 2nd album to drop. That messed with the success I believe.

armogi
05-02-2016, 06:09 PM
"Stampede of the Disco Elephants" is becoming another "Chinese Democracy"

well.... if they could simply bury it deep enough so that it never ever gets found, it would probably be for the best.

aggroculture
05-02-2016, 06:55 PM
BLB was his best output of his career honestly. What fucked him was the label swap and how long it took the 2nd album to drop. That messed with the success I believe.

What doomed BLB was that it was a NIN clone, and once the NIN guys left, it had no identity. I enjoyed the shit out of Cruel Melody at the time, but everything that came later...nah. I felt The Moment...was like a bad attempt at 90s alt.rock and half-assed goth: a bit Jesus Lizard, a bit NIN/Ministry, a bit Sisters of Mercy/Interpol, it didn't really stick for me, apart from Your Head Will Be Rotting On A Spike.

What I really want is: another Big Dumb Face album, now that was an underrated band.

henryeatscereal
05-03-2016, 09:54 AM
well.... if they could simply bury it deep enough so that it never ever gets found, it would probably be for the best.
They didn't do that with "Gold Cobra" and it's decent at worst...
I'm not holding my breath for SoTDE" and i don't think it's going to be another "Three Dollar Bill Y'all", but it puzzles me why it's so hard for them to release another album.

aggroculture
05-03-2016, 10:45 AM
My guess: Fred is massively insecure at the moment, and is afraid of a critical drubbing and commercial flop of the album.
They've been touring a lot as a nostalgia act lately, and so putting out a new album opens them up to a different kind of scrutiny.

blackholesun
05-05-2016, 04:57 AM
What doomed BLB was that it was a NIN clone, and once the NIN guys left, it had no identity. I enjoyed the shit out of Cruel Melody at the time, but everything that came later...nah. I felt The Moment...was like a bad attempt at 90s alt.rock and half-assed goth: a bit Jesus Lizard, a bit NIN/Ministry, a bit Sisters of Mercy/Interpol, it didn't really stick for me, apart from Your Head Will Be Rotting On A Spike.

What I really want is: another Big Dumb Face album, now that was an underrated band.

Half-assed goth. Dibs on that for a band name.

armogi
10-18-2016, 10:13 PM
blame it on the wine maybe but i just played significant other and it was a fun listen, sure the lyrics suck for the most part but it probably wasn't meant to be taken so seriously anyways, anyhow it's quite catchy and likeable right now with a little buzz.

Krazy
10-18-2016, 10:27 PM
blame it on the wine maybe but i just played significant other and it was a fun listen, sure the lyrics suck for the most part but it probably wasn't meant to be taken so seriously anyways, anyhow it's quite catchy and likeable right now with a little buzz.

Are you gonna get some nookie, or you gonna break stuff?...

bobbie solo
10-22-2016, 01:37 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QWOc0HnItM

not a bad song at all. Has a great bassline/groove, and works the typical quiet/soft rock formula well.

N 2 Gether Now has your typically great beat from Premo, and Meth's verse is solid.

GulDukat
10-22-2016, 02:01 PM
My guess: Fred is massively insecure at the moment, and is afraid of a critical drubbing and commercial flop of the album.
They've been touring a lot as a nostalgia act lately, and so putting out a new album opens them up to a different kind of scrutiny.
Limp Bizkit were popular 15 years ago. For some high school kid, you might as well be talking about Quiet Riot in terms of how relivant they are. Of course a new album is going to flop, relative to when they were popular, and when people actually bought albums. I'd be surprised if Metallica's new album sells a million copies.

wizfan
10-22-2016, 02:18 PM
Ooh, ETS. No matter what ground-breaking, Pitchfork-approved, experimental synthy poppy noisy sensation we gush over for months, we'll always get back to Korn, Metallica and Bizkit. <3 <3 <3

GulDukat
10-22-2016, 02:51 PM
Ooh, ETS. No matter what ground-breaking, Pitchfork-approved, experimental synthy poppy noisy sensation we gush over for months, we'll always get back to Korn, Metallica and Bizkit. <3 <3 <3
I'll never gush over fucking Pitchfork. Enjoying my new 5 CD/DVD Sinatra boxset today, baby!

TheyCallMeDrug
10-22-2016, 08:26 PM
my buddy is the Lighting Director for Limp Bizkit. they get a decent turn out on the european tours they do. they went through russia last year.

aggroculture
11-20-2018, 08:34 AM
I recently discovered this, and it's brilliant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiXo6WyhCJs

also: https://www.theprp.com/2018/11/13/news/limp-bizkit-to-hit-the-studio-for-new-album/

BrokenSpiral
11-20-2018, 09:32 AM
I guess Fred lost his home in the fires. Wes lost some gear there as well, because they have allegedly been working together on a new album.

ickyvicky
03-06-2019, 10:06 AM
Was anyone at the show last night in CA? Marilyn Manson and Billy Corgan were in attendance.

Archive_Reports
03-06-2019, 01:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XzfPCdYmEk

ickyvicky
03-06-2019, 01:23 PM
Some dude stage dove off the balcony during Break Stuff, it was insane. Danny Lohner, Nick Annis, and Fred Sablan were in attendance too.

Krazy
03-06-2019, 09:16 PM
Perhaps Trent attended... and let Fred “surf a piece of plywood up his ass”.

Its the circle of life. Would make for a lot of YT hits.

Halo Infinity
03-06-2019, 10:02 PM
I just thought that this would never happen, but it did. I suppose it was only a matter of time, since Slipknot is currently okay with Limp Bizkit, so it seems like Marilyn Manson was just the next one to be okay with them. And probably even sooner, since there were actual pictures of Marilyn Manson and Fred Durst together on what seemed to be The Golden Age of Grotesque era.

I suppose it's easy to say that I don't really mind since I'm a Limp Bizkit fan, but it's still undeniably a far cry of what could've happened back in the 1990s and the 2000s, let alone share the same stage while actually singing together.

The very two vocalists that helped me find out about NIN have actually sung together on the same stage. I'm still just letting that sink in.

But whatever. I'm all for beefs, authentic or even merely suggested/speculated being absolutely squashed anyway. Even the Insane Clown Posse and Eminem no longer have problems with each other. Limp Bizkit also still respects Eminem, and the ICP no longer mind LB either. I also suppose it's just the effect of time passing by. Sometimes you just let it go. (Not always in a good way, but still let it go nonetheless.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJHR4c0MEkw

SM Rollinger
03-06-2019, 11:14 PM
Got my fingers crossed for that Korn/Deftones/LB tour someday...

Halo Infinity
03-06-2019, 11:24 PM
SM Rollinger - I'll admit it. I not only feel the same way, but it'll be one of the best ways to imagine what Family Values might've felt like with just those 3 performing and actually experiencing it for real. It'll also cram way too many memories about middle school and high school in my mind at once.

And oh would I ever love to hear Wicked and All In The Family live. It's funny how I only saw Deftones out of the three of them though, since I listened to Korn and Limp Bizkit so much more.

As for Limp Bizkit, Three Dollar Bill, Yall$, Significant Other and Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water still remain to be my favorites. I also would like to include Results May Vary too, but those 3 back to back have always satisfied me. But at the same time Results May Vary was the most relatable record to me from that era so it has that going for it. I haven't really followed Limp Bizkit since The Unquestionable Truth (Part 1) though, but those 3 albums will always have a special place in my heart. (I'm sure it's also because Limp Bizkit was also the very first band I became a fan of.)

ickyvicky
03-07-2019, 10:31 AM
Same ^^^

theimage13
03-07-2019, 11:18 AM

If that someday was 1998, I'd be all over it. Not sure how I'd feel about seeing any of them live now unless it was like $20 a ticket. I feel like those kinds of artists rarely age well in terms of live performances.

Archive_Reports
03-07-2019, 11:21 AM
Saw Deftones two years ago and they were amazing. Saw LB about five years back and they put on a solid show.

Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell)
03-07-2019, 12:11 PM
Durst, Corgan and Manson all in the same place at the same time. Was it washed up by 1998 night? Unfortunately I had to sit in attendance at a LB show once. Back in my HS years, in 1997 those clowns opened for Faith No More (FNM had nothing to do with picking them as a touring partner, it was all management shit)....they got booed throughout the show, Fred Durst called the audience a "bunch of faggots" and that was that....

elevenism
03-07-2019, 12:31 PM
Unfortunately I had to sit in attendance at a LB show once. ..
I had a similar experience in, 99, I think, as far as having to sit through a LB set- someone had an extra ticket, and the show included Crystal Method, Primus, and Method Man & Redman.

But with me, I was actually surprised. They were alright.

Edit: a few pages back, I realized I told this story, in a more emotional manner.

richardp
03-07-2019, 09:21 PM

Honestly, I'm fucking embarrassed at how much money I would throw at this tour if it were to ever happen.

ickyvicky
03-08-2019, 09:35 AM
Boatloads

GulDukat
04-24-2020, 03:26 PM
Pretty crazy story about Eddie Van Halen jamming with LB and later holding a gun to Fred Durst's head. (https://toofab.com/2020/04/24/eddie-van-halen-once-held-gun-to-fred-dursts-head-author-claims/?fbclid=IwAR3gZbamRMpSQxAnthURtQg4eLfUaaen3BLzmVB5 NtBxG3M9k3VE6hIclz8)

Haysey_Draws
06-30-2021, 04:03 AM
Apparently Wes has said the new LB album is all but done, just waiting on Fred's vocals...honestly i'd take the instrumental at this point, the lyrics are the one thing that haven't aged well :p

fillow
06-30-2021, 04:14 AM
Apparently Wes has said the new LB album is all but done, just waiting on Fred's vocals...honestly i'd take the instrumental at this point, the lyrics are the one thing that haven't aged well :p

I'm pretty sure it has been the same for 8 years now. Music is done - waiting for the vocals. Can't wait to hear what lyrical and vocal masterpiece this will end up.

Detunez
06-30-2021, 04:16 AM
Pretty crazy story about Eddie Van Halen jamming with LB and later holding a gun to Fred Durst's head. (https://toofab.com/2020/04/24/eddie-van-halen-once-held-gun-to-fred-dursts-head-author-claims/?fbclid=IwAR3gZbamRMpSQxAnthURtQg4eLfUaaen3BLzmVB5 NtBxG3M9k3VE6hIclz8)

That would make Van Halen into one hell of a sick "psycho" if any of that is true. Smoking weed was too childish for him, but busting in with a gun and pointing it at people would make him a scholar ? :eek:

ickyvicky
06-30-2021, 09:43 AM
They've announced some tour dates this summer. I'm tempted to go just for the hell of it lol

richardp
06-30-2021, 11:36 AM
They've announced some tour dates this summer. I'm tempted to go just for the hell of it lol

A few years ago Limp did a free show in downtown KC that happened to literally be across the street from where I worked, so me and a couple coworkers went after we got off and it was honestly so fucking fun. Plus they got Spiritbox opening for them on this tour and Spiritbox is wonderful. You should definitely go.

henryeatscereal
06-30-2021, 12:29 PM
Limp Bizkit still does fun live shows.

bobbie solo
07-01-2021, 03:09 AM
Bummed Spiritbox is opening that tour. That, coupled with the less than heavy new material, worries me for what is to come from a band I had alot of hope for.

Archive_Reports
07-01-2021, 12:44 PM
Bummed Spiritbox is opening that tour. That, coupled with the less than heavy new material, worries me for what is to come from a band I had alot of hope for.

Constance and the newer song were both OK but agreed.

richardp
08-01-2021, 12:41 AM
Watch it before its gone!

Here's the set from the Lolla stream. It's a really fun watch. The battle over Wes' guitar in the crowd was hilarious. The guy who had it looked so fucking determined to not let go of it. And honestly, that new song ::gulp:: was... fun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTwqa52k3Hw

henryeatscereal
08-01-2021, 02:15 AM
Lol, at Durst's new dad look.

I saw them twice live, they never disappoint...

Kodiak33
08-02-2021, 07:01 AM
Watch it before its gone!

Here's the set from the Lolla stream. It's a really fun watch. The battle over Wes' guitar in the crowd was hilarious. The guy who had it looked so fucking determined to not let go of it. And honestly, that new song ::gulp:: was... fun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTwqa52k3Hw

I thought this was hilarious...and great. Crowd loved it.

Reznor2112
08-02-2021, 09:28 AM
Woof. Fred sounds terrible lol -- shocked they keep moving forward with LB...

DVYDRNS
08-02-2021, 11:26 AM
I always hated this band and hated on this band. but now its clear to me that Fred Durst is one of the worlds biggest trolls.

allegate
08-02-2021, 11:43 AM
https://twitter.com/grabbyelle/status/1420450360372699149

fillow
08-02-2021, 11:47 AM
Fred looks like Maynard's Billy D now

cdm
08-02-2021, 12:15 PM

* No idea who made this but it was in a friend's group text.

tony.parente
08-02-2021, 01:38 PM
I completely 100% unironically love limp bizkit. everything about that show was amazing, dad vibes sounds amazing, fred sounds amazing, i hope i'm as cool as fred is now when i'm 50 but i know i never will be.

08-02-2021, 01:55 PM
I just wish they would tour with Corey Feldman....because this my friends.....is pure gold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOIkhwOmpiU

Jord
08-02-2021, 01:57 PM
Rumour is the new record is going to be called 'Dad Vibes', which would explain Fred's new look, which perhaps signals that the record isn't too far away now?

poinoup
08-02-2021, 02:12 PM
No one knows what it's like to be the bad man
To be the dad man...

richardp
08-02-2021, 04:12 PM
Dude its blowing my mind that no one is noticing that Fred's wearing a wig and is clearly in character. And it's honestly hilarious that everyone is like OMG FRED'S NEW LOOK and just not even acknowledging Wes' outfit.

Archive_Reports
08-02-2021, 04:14 PM
Durst is leaning fully into the schtick. Love it.

tony.parente
08-02-2021, 04:15 PM
Dude its blowing my mind that no one is noticing that Fred's wearing a wig and is clearly in character. And it's honestly hilarious that everyone is like OMG FRED'S NEW LOOK and just not even acknowledging Wes' outfit.
bunch of marks

allegate
08-02-2021, 04:38 PM
Wes always looks like a space orc though?

neorev
08-02-2021, 09:16 PM

Isn't Wes known for wearing crazy outfits on tour? It's kind of his thing. I could see it not really being talked about because that's Wes. He always wears something weird. As for Fred's wig, that's a whole other story.

firewlker
08-02-2021, 09:17 PM

I think people are kinda used to Wes outfits at this point. People would be surprised with Wes if he decides to just plays in LP without a outfit.

richardp
08-02-2021, 10:18 PM
Yeah but not everyone knows about Wes Borland. Most people still know what Fred Durst looked like with our without having heard any Limp Bizkit, but if you were to ask anything about Wes they'd be like "who?".

Archive_Reports
08-03-2021, 07:16 AM
I think people are kinda used to Wes outfits at this point. People would be surprised with Wes if he decides to just plays in LP without a outfit.

Would definitely be his most shocking wardrobe choice since they started.

neorev
08-03-2021, 11:05 AM
Would definitely be his most shocking wardrobe choice since they started.

Crazier than this?
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/29/99/9f/29999f4b2c3e0e8fcd7e2c519ec20869.jpg

..or perhaps this?
https://static.gigwise.com/artists/wenn3428794limpbizkit.jpg

...or maybe this?
https://thehardtimes.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/shutterstock_1125775520.jpg

...Or even this?
https://live.staticflickr.com/4095/4952383446_c8f86e0541_b.jpg

:p

Archive_Reports
08-03-2021, 12:06 PM
At this point, yes.

Kodiak33
08-03-2021, 12:09 PM
Wes is fucking awesome.

Space Suicide
08-03-2021, 04:51 PM
Wes Borland: the goth kid in the group of friends comprised predominantly by ghetto rap posers.

I miss BLB.

neorev
08-03-2021, 09:10 PM
I dunno, but I think LED White Zombie Robo-Wes-Cop takes the gold medal in most shocking live outfits Wes has worn. I found his Lollapalooza 2021 getup pretty tame.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/54/2a/2a/542a2ad7faf60f12c2c93e6aadf7dc12--guitar-hero-guitar-players.jpg

08-04-2021, 11:50 AM
Wes is a weird dude. He has admitted many times he hates nu metal and thinks Limp Bizkit is beneath him yet he still stays in the band doing tour after tour. I guess the money is too good to pass up

Reznor2112
08-04-2021, 01:48 PM
Maybe this will be his Dad Vibes 2022 Tour outfit:
https://images.radio.com/aiu-media/GettyImages950008224-f7ba8d1b-86a6-40b5-b9e0-6e061aaae83b.jpg

ViN
08-04-2021, 04:55 PM
Page 1 of this thread: Everybody hates Limp Bizkit
Page 8 of this thread: Everybody loves Limp Bizkit

I met Wes once after he opened for Failure's reunion tour with whatever the band was that had his ex wife singing and a then Manson member in it, he was cool.

Maximilian
08-04-2021, 05:05 PM
I've never bought one of their albums or attended a show, but I've always said I liked them even back to Three Dollar Bill. I like a lot of the most hated bands around haha.

Prettybrokenspiral
08-04-2021, 05:18 PM
Remember that time Fred Turds went on Howard Stern and talked about Britney's pubic hair in graphic detail? Pepperidge Farm remembers. A real class act, that guy..

Space Suicide
08-04-2021, 06:48 PM
I met Wes once after he opened for Failure's reunion tour with whatever the band was that had his ex wife singing and a then Manson member in it, he was cool.

Queen Kwong you're talking about. Never listened to them.

Remember that time Fred Turds went on Howard Stern and talked about Britney's pubic hair in graphic detail? Pepperidge Farm remembers. A real class act, that guy..

https://media.tenor.com/images/6bbc5900f0ab990e898d9ad7ff9e171b/tenor.png

firewlker
08-04-2021, 09:28 PM
Wes is a weird dude. He has admitted many times he hates nu metal and thinks Limp Bizkit is beneath him yet he still stays in the band doing tour after tour. I guess the money is too good to pass up

Well, it's easy money after all. Black Light Burns never went big, if that happened he would never be back on LB.

BrokenSpiral
08-04-2021, 09:59 PM
He’s also said he’s gotten past the “it’s not cool” thing and says he loves the music he’s made in the band and loves performing the songs. People change.

henryeatscereal
08-04-2021, 10:59 PM
I'm pretty sure Wes does it more out of love than money, he's been in there for years, he's the "Paul" of Fred's "Gene"...

elevenism
08-05-2021, 04:57 AM
I saw a recent interview with Fred, and, while his new "look" may have been a joke, he seems to have really, seriously lost a lot of that douchebag ego.

https://youtu.be/2UIL36foPq4

And, hell if they didn't win me over with that lolla set.

Wes is incredible (and how about that fucking four string guitar with the A tuned BASS string in place of the low E,) and DJ Lethal is amazing.
And it seems like Fred has maybe finally gotten out of his own, and his band's, way.

Edit: also, MONEY? I don't think Limp Bizkit MAKES much money. Their last album went Gold, in Russia, and i think that's it. They've been a small venue act for a hot minute.

fillow
08-05-2021, 06:06 AM
Edit: also, MONEY? I don't think Limp Bizkit MAKES much money. Their last album went Gold, in Russia, and i think that's it. They've been a small venue act for a hot minute.

C'mon, nobody makes any money from the records anymore. It's all about touring, and that's why their setlist is still 75% Chocolate Starfish material.

My biggest issue with LB is the way they completely forgotten about Unquestionable Truth EP. That shit was their best material ever (musically), and Fred trying to get serious for a moment.

Archive_Reports
08-05-2021, 06:14 AM
The Truth is such a huge song.

elevenism
08-05-2021, 08:06 AM
C'mon, nobody makes any money from the records anymore. It's all about touring, and that's why their setlist is still 75% Chocolate Starfish material.

Right, but, it's not like they're playing big venues, you know? I brought up the album sales to speak to relevance.

They're making a LIVING playing intimate shows, but they sure aren't getting rich.
I bet Wes could make more money playing for a more contemporary act.

imail724
08-05-2021, 08:43 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/5io4ar.jpg

neorev
08-05-2021, 09:49 AM
My biggest issue with LB is the way they completely forgotten about Unquestionable Truth EP. That shit was their best material ever (musically), and Fred trying to get serious for a moment.

It's definitely their less embarrassing material. I'm not really a big fan of them. I find a lot of their tracks haven't aged well. But Unquestionable Truth showed some promise that they could make something more serious and with a message. Too bad they never delivered a part 2. It's the one album I can listen to from them that doesn't make me cringe.

08-05-2021, 12:35 PM
Looking at their setlist history, they seem to do the legacy act European festival tour thing year after year so they must make good money in Europe. In America they seem to be relegated to small venue status which is why Lolla was their biggest gig in America in over a decade or so. I actually thought the first record 3 Dollar Bill was pretty decent. It was like they took 'Engine No. 9' and 'Teething' by the Deftones and made a whole album out of it......Everything after that was an abomination.....Significant Other abandoned any raw edge they had w their first album and was basically a rap rock radio friendly album for the TRL set. Chocolate Starfish is the biggest pile of frat bro shit I have ever heard. Nauseating. Every song was like "get da fuck up. dont mess wit da limp bizkit shit"....That Unquestionable Truth EP was laughable in the way it copied Rage Against The Machine. Like BLATANTLY. Theres a reason the Beastie Boys quickly abandoned their rap rock frat bro image from the 'Fight For Your Right To Party' era....Bizkit seemed to embrace that very same image.....I am just shocked so many Nine Inch Nails fans seem to be such Fred Durst stans. Maybe Trent can read this and get da Bizkit to open for NIN next summer?

Halsey/Bizkit/NIN tour? It would be worth it just to watch the NIN interweb world melt down