PDA

View Full Version : American Horror Story

Pages : [1] 2

johnbron
11-24-2011, 03:23 AM
I watched the first episode because I was bored and had seen a few people mention it on Twitter. I've kept up with the season and, much to my surprise, I'm liking it a lot. Anybody else watching this show?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Horror_Story

NIN64
11-24-2011, 09:26 AM
I am thoroughly enjoying this show. The creepy vibe and unpredictable nature of the show make for good TV!

JessicaSarahS
11-24-2011, 09:29 AM
Yes! My new favorite show. Very weird and interesting. I haven't watched the last two episodes, but I'm sure they will be good. :)

konstantin
11-24-2011, 10:29 AM
I'm surprised how long they've been able to pull it off. Probably the only show right now I look forward to weekly.

johnbron
12-01-2011, 01:05 AM
"You filled her cavity. She said you were very good."
"It hurts doctor. I really need you to fill it."

Yeah, I'm completely in love with this show.

october_midnight
12-01-2011, 01:07 AM
It's pretty damn good. I'm still sort of weirded out by how sickly Dylan McDermott looks. He always has this pallor sick greenish tone and looks gaunt as hell. Something tells me the finale this season is going to be insane though.

onthewall2983
12-01-2011, 10:48 AM
Last week I was disappointed with where it went, but last night's show brought me back a little bit. I'm a little frustrated that certain elements and situations aren't present in every episode, like not seeing the daughter and only being heard mentioned. But I'll stick with this season, and see where it goes. "Unpredictable" is rather apt.

LEA
12-03-2011, 01:24 PM
This is my absolute favorite show right now. Great characters and scary, creepy enough to keep me interested. So, any thoughts on whether Violet is dead (and a ghost) or alive? I read we're going to find out for sure, one way or another, next week. I think she's not a ghost.

johnbron
12-08-2011, 01:23 AM
Tonight's episode was great. So fucked up, so much fun. I've gotten a couple of co-workers into the show and we just can't seem to stop talking about it.

JessicaSarahS
12-08-2011, 03:20 AM
Expected that to happen in the new episode, but it was still well done. Poor Violet. :(

butters
12-09-2011, 12:12 PM
I really enjoy this show, but I feel like it's lost it's "creepy horror" aspect in the last few weeks, since every week I just say "oh, another ghost." It feels like more of a drama with some mystery at this point, not so creepy anymore.

I had originally read that each season may focus on a new situation in the house - maybe a different family dealing in different ways with the ghosts. That seems to not be the case anymore, so I'm wondering if I can stay interested past the final two episodes. I want to, but that's up to the writers I guess...

LEA
12-11-2011, 03:59 AM
Well, I was wrong! Great episode, but I'm bummed that Larry's gone.

onthewall2983
12-13-2011, 06:38 PM
The house is for sale. (http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-american-horror-story-house-really-is-for-sale,66519)

R-Dot-Yung
12-15-2011, 04:10 PM
i like this show a lot

NIN64
12-15-2011, 04:18 PM
Jessica Lange was nominated for Best Supporting Actress in a TV Series, Mini-Series, or Made-For-TV Movie. At the beginning of the season, just after her very first scene as Constance, I remember thinking that she would win awards for this role.

richardp
12-15-2011, 06:47 PM
Not trying to troll here at all. My girlfriend loves this show, and so I've pretty much had to watch it with her every week, and I just honestly do not understand why everyone loves it. To me it feels like a soap opera set in a haunted house, chocked full of really bad acting. I don't know. I tried to like it, and it didn't happen.

butters
12-15-2011, 06:55 PM
I think a lot of people who don't care for the show (but maybe can't pinpoint why,) are feeling the lack of sympathetic characters in it. There's really no one who I truly feel for on the show. Oddly, the dick school-shooting kid has suddenly become sympathetic (from a viewer standpoint) in the last few episodes. Maybe it's just me. I do look forward to the show every week, but definitely have felt this way all along about the characters involved.

onthewall2983
12-15-2011, 10:18 PM
If there's one thing I like about the show, it's that pretty much everyone has a duality of good and bad things going for them that makes it hard to find them sympathetic, but also makes it hard not to be as well. In a sense, you could say that these characters are among the most human you'll find on TV. Things are most interesting when the line between right and wrong is completely out the window.

Alexandros
12-18-2011, 11:05 AM
I am really enjoying this show, though nothing can top the feeling I had when I was watching the first episode (I didn't have a clue about what I was going to see). However, sometimes it just seems that the writers just put stuff in without really thinking them through. For example when the bug exterminator comes, and he is asked to go see the infestation and make an estimate, only to promptly be murdered by Tate. It's like Ben completely forgets about him after that! "Hey, wait a minute, whatever happened to that guy? Whatever, screw him, I don't give a fuck!".

nineinchtool
12-18-2011, 10:31 PM
I watch this with my girlfriend as well, and I enjoyed it a great deal for the first five or so episodes. We've got a few episodes to catch up with, but I hardly care about it now...any kind of shock/scare value has worn off, and the drama isn't holding me. Jessica Lange has been really impressive though. Not a big fan of anyone else on the show...except the young maid...stone cold fox that one ;)

Rdm
12-19-2011, 03:32 AM
I seen all the episodes and Im not sure why I keep watching it. I think it kind of sucks. Meh

But yes I do agree that maid is so sexy

konstantin
12-19-2011, 09:10 AM
I am really enjoying this show, though nothing can top the feeling I had when I was watching the first episode (I didn't have a clue about what I was going to see). However, sometimes it just seems that the writers just put stuff in without really thinking them through. For example when the bug exterminator comes, and he is asked to go see the infestation and make an estimate, only to promptly be murdered by Tate. It's like Ben completely forgets about him after that! "Hey, wait a minute, whatever happened to that guy? Whatever, screw him, I don't give a fuck!".

there's nothing to stop that guy from materializing as a ghost and wrap it up. i find the ghostly universe pretty consistent actually. and i'm glad that the police is getting involved as it makes pretty good sense at this point.

what keeps wow'ing me is the eye-candy factor which still hasn't gotten old for me. they seem to be sparing no money on filming scenes. like, the box scene with the pope, it's like 15 seconds they could have easily left to our imagination, but no, they had to film a feature film quality scene.

so i keep watching because of:
-- the general style of the show (looks gratuitous and expensive)
-- it's consistent
-- powerhouse acting from JL
-- it keeps explaining its universe with each episode (as opposed to throwing more mysteries at us)
-- the show cares about character development
-- i feel nostalgic for Six Feet Under every time Frances Conroy is on screen
-- the show is sexy!

Sallos
12-21-2011, 09:13 AM
The show aint that great, can't stop watching though. dling 6th episode.

Doctor should drill that maid already, cmon! despite she being an old lady with a glass eye, yuck!

onthewall2983
12-21-2011, 10:12 PM
Nice freaky finale, and a nice sneak preview of that movie about the tattooed dragonfly or something.

Zimbo
12-21-2011, 10:13 PM
That was awesome! Really hoping that they mix in the mythology of the house a bit more next season.

johnbron
12-22-2011, 01:41 AM
That was awesome! Really hoping that they mix in the mythology of the house a bit more next season.
Just finished watching the finale and loved it. The very end was beautiful.

Nyx
12-22-2011, 10:26 AM
I want the song that was playing in the beginning (and throughout). I need it.

konstantin
12-22-2011, 11:13 AM
i may be the only one who felt like the writers took a huge dump with the finale (post Golden Globe nomination disorder?)
they killed Ben Harmon in the first 10 min? then they had a new family in and out in 5 minutes??!! and the unhappy broken family of the season had to die to find happiness? holding hands around "the most beautiful Christmas tree"? REALLY?
they threw away all the insanity that makes the show so much fun in favor of TV cliches? guess there's a reason the show is on FX and not AMC.

Zimbo
12-22-2011, 03:12 PM
Wow (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/american-horror-story-ryan-murphy-season-two-276097) looks like they are taking this show in a direction most shows refuse to go. Each season is a separate story that is contained within its own right.

johnbron
12-22-2011, 03:26 PM
Wow (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/american-horror-story-ryan-murphy-season-two-276097) looks like they are taking this show in a direction most shows refuse to go. Each season is a separate story that is contained within its own right.
Wild. Looking forward to seeing how they handle this next season. :D

onthewall2983
12-22-2011, 04:27 PM
I love this idea.

The Becoming
12-23-2011, 04:06 PM
I love the idea of a completely different story. I went into the finale thinking there was going to be some huge cliffhanger for the second season. So when that didn't happen I was extremely disappointed. I'll probably have a different appreciation for the finale when I watch it again knowing that it's the end of this story arc.

johnbron
12-25-2011, 01:40 AM
:(

http://www.johnbron.com/photos/i-6bjvWmS/2/O/i-6bjvWmS.jpg

Sallos
12-26-2011, 03:07 PM
the fuck is that still image?

Emil Dorbell
12-27-2011, 04:36 AM

I love it! More shows should be like that.

butters
12-31-2011, 12:58 PM

Great! I mentioned this last page but at that time, it seemed to me the story arc would carry over season break. I agree with konstantin (last page as well) - the finale seemed quite rushed to wrap up the story line.

There seems to be no sense of dread/fear/suspense to the show anymore. I think it's a symptom of knowing everyone is dead and can't "die again" regardless of what they do to each other, they can't leave the house, more strange shit will happen to minor characters causing more ghosts to populate the house, they all then co-exist as an odd dysfunctional ghost family, etc etc. The "wtf" factor of the first few episodes is gone. I'll give the 2nd season a shot though, maybe it'll surprise me again.

onthewall2983
09-13-2012, 01:32 PM
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web04/2012/9/6/9/enhanced-buzz-18406-1346939929-10.jpg

Mech
09-14-2012, 08:51 AM
There's all sorts of promo clips if you go to their facebook page. It's almost annoying them having pop up on my feed what seems to be twice a day, but definitely looks like this season is going to be creepy!

R-Dot-Yung
09-15-2012, 03:00 PM
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web04/2012/9/6/9/enhanced-buzz-18406-1346939929-10.jpg

All I see here is GIANT PUSHED UP BOOBIES over and over again no matter how hard I try to look anywhere else.

onthewall2983
09-15-2012, 03:03 PM
Thank the Goddesses for Chloe, is all I have to say...

johnbron
10-17-2012, 11:24 PM
Wow. What in the fuck? I think I'm going to enjoy this season as well. :D

slave2thewage
10-18-2012, 08:55 AM
Season 2 >>>>>>>>>> Season 1

caca
10-18-2012, 09:54 AM
I love that this show is still weird as fuck. Last night's episode was pretty cool, and the trailer for the rest of the season looks very promising.

Mech
10-18-2012, 10:55 AM
Watched it as well. Interesting how Kit ended up in the Asylum. Loved the back story.

Alexandros
10-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Ahh, how I missed the craziness!

Deepvoid
10-19-2012, 11:18 AM
Loved the premiere as well. I like the idea of bringing the same actors but playing new characters. If the writing is good, this show could go on for quite some time.

carpenoctem
10-19-2012, 05:07 PM
Loved the premiere as well. I like the idea of bringing the same actors but playing new characters. If the writing is good, this show could go on for quite some time.

Possibly even past the usual 6-8 season milestones?
I mean it's hard to get tired of a show when each season completely reinvents itself and is only twelve episodes long. And people never seem to get tired of watching scary stuff every Halloween anyway. The more I think about it, the more I wonder why a show like this hasn't come up before.

onthewall2983
10-19-2012, 06:50 PM
So last season a buff hulking guy in a rubber suit, and this season shades of corporal punishment (dished out and received by women no less)? It is like this show is speaking to me on some level.

Deepvoid
10-22-2012, 07:53 AM
Possibly even past the usual 6-8 season milestones?
I mean it's hard to get tired of a show when each season completely reinvents itself and is only twelve episodes long. And people never seem to get tired of watching scary stuff every Halloween anyway. The more I think about it, the more I wonder why a show like this hasn't come up before.

It's probably one of the reason it has enjoyed nice ratings. It's pretty much the only "horror" show on TV right now. Only other I can think of is Supernatural but it's still quite different.
I think 6-8 seasons would be pretty good for this kind of show.

carpenoctem
10-22-2012, 09:24 AM
Supernatural can get quite creepy in some parts (from the few episodes I've seen on TNT morning syndication), but I'm pretty sure most people watch it for the Wincest. (Even my straight friend said he likes it 'cause the guys are hot.)

bobbie solo
10-22-2012, 12:05 PM
walking dead is horror too imo.

kdrcraig
10-25-2012, 09:37 AM
Good to see this season will be just as bat shit crazy as the first one.

caca
10-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Last night's episode was better than anything from season 1. Awesome.

onthewall2983
10-26-2012, 05:33 PM
Just sort of a general question about exorcisms, but in real ones do people look like that at some point or is it exaggerated?

johnbron
10-26-2012, 05:36 PM
I'm sorry, is that a serious question? D:

onthewall2983
10-26-2012, 05:43 PM
It is, actually. I know it sounds stupid, but I'm genuinely curious as I know next to zilch about them.

johnbron
10-26-2012, 05:55 PM
I guess I just think exorcisms are fake as Catholicism so I don't take them seriously. Didn't mean to sound like a dick. :)

onthewall2983
10-26-2012, 07:49 PM
I personally don't know what to believe, but that's another issue. I just want to know if people's faces look like that at any point.

ItsJustDave
10-26-2012, 08:14 PM
Anything is possible in imaginaryland.

carpenoctem
11-01-2012, 09:53 PM
omg you guys, the Halloween episode.

Chloe's legs are now getting eaten by the monsters :(

As for the exorcism questions, I have never personally been present at one but I was told a story once by my mom about seeing a possessed person. She said his face was sort of swimming, like the features were blurry and moving around, and he was shouting out all these obscenities. Says she's never seen anything like it before or since. Don't know if I believe, but if seeing is believing, I probably don't want to.

Fixer808
11-06-2012, 06:40 PM
Just saw the first episode of this show, and I say WOW! Borrowing season one from a friend!

Mech
11-09-2012, 08:06 AM
This season is crazy so far!

marodi
11-16-2012, 01:20 PM
Do I need to see season one before getting into season 2? I think the originality of this show is that it's a new story each season, is it not?

The first season never appealed to me that much but this one seems to be great.

onthewall2983
11-16-2012, 01:22 PM
Yeah, you can start on season 2 if you like. It is a new story every season.

Mech
11-16-2012, 01:45 PM
This season is fucked up. What's up with lamp shade guy? Damn.

Nyx
11-17-2012, 06:30 AM
There's an interestingly relevant (and sad) tidbit of history behind that cheery French Dominique song that's always playing in the asylum.
Dominique was a hit song written and sung by a Belgian nun, Jeanine Deckers. She eventually left the convent, became a social worker, spoke out in favour of contraception and moved in with another former member of the convent, Anne Pecher (they were lovers, apparently). Later, the Belgian government accused her of owing hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of back taxes (the profit from her music went to her convent but they claimed taxes were on her not them). Eventually, she and her partner committed suicide by overdosing on pills and alcohol.

Or just google The Singing Nun.

onthewall2983
11-17-2012, 06:53 AM
Interesting how that fits into a couple of the themes this season.

october_midnight
11-17-2012, 03:40 PM
Yeah shit, good find. That freakin' song lol. Would drive me up the wall too. Also Wednesday's episode was nuts. At first I was a Season 1 advocate through and through but this season's definitely never really let me down...great stuff. Franka Potente!!!

onthewall2983
11-24-2012, 03:36 AM
AV Club gave Wednesday's episode a C, but I felt it a bit better. First season is on Netflix Streaming, btw.

jessamineny
11-24-2012, 08:05 AM
The first season is one of the best things I've ever seen on TV. Oh, how I wish you hadn't posted that. :P Now I'm going to go binge-watch that shit.

slave2thewage
11-24-2012, 09:18 AM
AV Club reviews are a bit shitty in general, IMO. I binged on the first season last night. It was a lot more coherent when watched as a whole.

Also, Constance and Chad are now my role models.

carpenoctem
11-25-2012, 11:40 AM
AV Club reviews are a bit shitty in general, IMO. I binged on the first season last night. It was a lot more coherent when watched as a whole.

Also, Constance and Chad are now my role models.

I fear for your future children, not gonna lie.

slave2thewage
11-29-2012, 12:36 PM
Poor Lana and Grace :(.

Also Ryan Murphy confirmed earlier that Dylan McDermott is playing the 2012 Bloody Face. I'm assuming that he'll be the result of Threadson raping Lana.

carpenoctem
11-29-2012, 08:40 PM
Such a great episode. I love that they brought back Moira for such a perfect role.

Also, seriously, did anyone know how talented Lily Rabe was before this year? That scene where she transitions to Sister Mary Eunice and then back to Satan is so amazing. You would never have thought it from her relatively one-note performance as Nora from last year.

onthewall2983
11-29-2012, 09:04 PM
Ian McShane Santa next week! He'll bring toys to all the cocksuckers of the world!

(credit due to AV Club member The Narrator Returns for that line)

Mech
11-30-2012, 10:03 AM
I don't really understand what's going on this season. It just seems to be all over the place. I must've missed something, somewhere.

johnbron
12-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Holy shit it's Al Swearengen! Best opening to an episode to date.

*edit*
Sweet fuck! This episode had so many great quotes. I love this show.

slave2thewage
12-06-2012, 05:18 AM
I love how season one is all campy and this season is just flat-out fucked up.

carpenoctem
12-06-2012, 09:02 PM
This season is incredible. Hour to hour, one of the most consistent sets of episodes in any show I've ever seen. Every time I think it can't get better, Sister Jude gets locked in an office with a homicidal Santa Claus. How do they do it, you guys.​

koz-ivan
12-07-2012, 09:00 AM
This season is incredible. Hour to hour, one of the most consistent sets of episodes in any show I've ever seen. Every time I think it can't get better, Sister Jude gets locked in an office with a homicidal Santa Claus. How do they do it, you guys.​

not to knock the show but but it doesn't have any imposed rules therefore anything is possible. they can introduce any kind of crazy shit they want week to week because at the end of the season it's over.

they don't need any kind of chronology or cannon season to season.

--

the show is amazingly watchable, and it's fucked up.

but being slightly critical, i wonder if it is too fucked up, aliens, anne frank, nazi drs, catholic clergy in various stages of corruption, buffalo bill (& hanibal lecter all in one) the devil, some angel of death type figure, and now some kind of rapey murdery santa claus - that is a lot of bizarre shit for one show to try and juggle in one season.

carpenoctem
12-07-2012, 04:57 PM
All the more impressive that it pulls it off, then! But yes, I agree, the writers can pretty much do whatever they want and get away with it. But that's why the show is so awesome! They have a great formula here for reinvention (especially in this day and age when people get tired of stuff so easily) and I could see this show going on for years and years.

koz-ivan
12-07-2012, 11:32 PM
it is an interesting concept, and yeah i can see them keeping the show running for awhile with a regular cast + some rotations, since they don't need to keep any one person "intact" through the whole series.

slave2thewage
12-14-2012, 01:57 PM
I love it when my theories turn out to be right.

Damion
12-20-2012, 07:04 PM
Was there no AHS last night?

october_midnight
12-20-2012, 07:17 PM
Not until January 2nd.

Damion
12-21-2012, 06:58 AM
Damnit. Thanks for the update :]

slave2thewage
01-02-2013, 10:16 PM
Oh my god, that ending...

profane
01-03-2013, 02:10 PM
Oh my god, that ending...

In a sense it was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen on tv.
So romantic. I think my penis cried a little then.

Magtig
01-03-2013, 02:47 PM
Just saw the first episode of this show, and I say WOW! Borrowing season one from a friend!
Huh. I only got through the first half of the first episode last night before I turned it off. Seems like, well, horror (not a genre I'm a fan of).

Damion
01-04-2013, 01:45 AM
american horror story might have given that away then ;)

onthewall2983
01-10-2013, 08:53 PM
Anyone else feel this season is dragging out a little? I was surprised to hear the finale is in two weeks at the end there.

Mech
01-14-2013, 10:58 AM
While this season is completely different from the 1st, I have to say that I definitely enjoyed the pacing and storyline in season 1 better. Also, I better understood just what the fuck was going on.

kdrcraig
01-14-2013, 11:03 AM
I've liked this season more than the first, the first was great but I like all the characters in this one better. And it's been neat to see a lot the actors from the first season showing up in different roles.

GoodSoldier333
01-14-2013, 01:43 PM
♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪

Judy Judy ba booty banana fana fa footy..

Lana Lana bo bana banana fana fo fana..

♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪

kdrcraig
01-14-2013, 02:05 PM
^ Haha, that part actually made me laugh out loud because it came out of absolutely nowhere.

frankie teardrop
01-15-2013, 10:42 AM
just caught up on season 2. are things actually working out to a (somewhat) happy end? whaaaaat?

slave2thewage
01-17-2013, 04:40 PM
The Jude stuff in last night's episode was incredibly depressing.

onthewall2983
01-17-2013, 08:19 PM
Dylan McDermott is a good actor, but I don't buy him as a serial killer. Not this one at least. It was much easier buying him as the biker in Wonderland.

slave2thewage
01-17-2013, 10:41 PM
Bloody Face 2k12 better have a decent payoff because it's been the worst plotline so far. Well, the aliens one isn't that far off...

M1ke
01-17-2013, 11:00 PM
I thought that was supposed to be the season finale?

I really liked the first season better. Everything needs more Denis O'hare.

R-Dot-Yung
01-18-2013, 12:37 AM
While the first season was definitely way better and more coherent, the last few episodes have really been quite good, especially some of the actual cinematography.

onthewall2983
01-18-2013, 02:39 PM
Ryan Murphy on season 3 (http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/01/18/american-horror-story-ryan-murphy-on-season-3-his-new-horror-movie-and-rethinking-screen-violence-after-sandy-hook/).

onthewall2983
01-24-2013, 12:34 PM
That was a much better ending than I'd expected.

GoodSoldier333
01-24-2013, 09:26 PM
I think that finale was the best episode of the season. WOW!

Mech
01-28-2013, 11:52 AM
I hated this season. I hope season 3 is more along the lines of season 1. I feel the finale had no conclusion, and that Ryan Murphy stated that it was open to the viewer to draw their own conclusions.

slave2thewage
02-03-2013, 06:54 AM
I SOBBED during the finale.

Space Suicide
03-18-2013, 07:32 AM
My girlfriend watched season 1 on Netflix a bit ago and told me I would like it. We started watching Friday and again last night, only two episodes in sadly, but I can assure she was right and I really like this show. It's definitely in my kind of territory.

october_midnight
04-30-2013, 11:01 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and just leave this here...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/315423_536462213063829_438531211_n.jpg

slave2thewage
05-02-2013, 05:38 PM
Given that season 3 has Jessica Lange, Kathy Bates and that chick who played Precious, I'm expecting this to be the campiest piece of television this year. CAN'T WAIT.

Deepvoid
05-02-2013, 06:36 PM
That poster looks awesome.

october_midnight
08-06-2013, 03:18 PM
First short teaser for Coven. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqDih-IYB60)

Mech
08-07-2013, 11:35 AM
Witches vs. Voodoo. Gonna be sweet!

http://www.vulture.com/2013/08/ryan-murphy-on-american-horror-story-coven.html

october_midnight
08-28-2013, 11:08 AM
Official synopsis released:

Over 300 years have passed since the turbulent days of the Salem witch trials and those who managed to escape are now facing extinction. Mysterious attacks have been escalating against their kind and young girls are being sent away to a special school in New Orleans to learn how to protect themselves. Wrapped up in the turmoil is new arrival, Zoe (Taissa Farmiga), who is harboring a terrifying secret of her own. Alarmed by the recent aggression, Fiona (Jessica Lange), the long-absent Supreme, sweeps back into town, determined to protect the Coven and hell-bent on decimating anyone who gets in her way.

mfte
08-30-2013, 01:04 PM
The first season had better pacing but season 2 had the more satisfying ending.

Jessica Lange is the best thing about this show.

Can't wait to see her with Kathy Bates in 3.

Space Suicide
09-01-2013, 11:10 AM
Will have the watch season 3 when it debuts. I've still yet to watch any of season 2 but I thoroughly enjoyed season 1.

ziltoid
09-01-2013, 01:35 PM
Will have the watch season 3 when it debuts. I've still yet to watch any of season 2 but I thoroughly enjoyed season 1.
You're in for a treat then because in my opinion season 2 went above and beyond season one showcasing the strengths of the actors on the show to a level i didn't expect. The story was great but the pacing did slow down a bit towards the end and felt a bit rushed with the finale. overall its a better expierence with season 2 and by the looks of things for season 3 its only going to get better.

onthewall2983
09-03-2013, 04:14 PM
http://showrenity.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/AHS-S3-poster.jpg

Space Suicide
09-03-2013, 04:42 PM
That's pretty terrifying, not gonna lie.

october_midnight
09-06-2013, 04:06 PM
http://c534909.r9.cf2.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Coven-18.jpg

http://c534909.r9.cf2.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Coven-19.jpg

carpenoctem
09-06-2013, 05:47 PM
I think I've been poisoned by the great Photoshoppers of today, because all of these look slightly lesser than the fake Salem promos that cropped up a few months ago. Well, maybe not the snake girls. But Jessica Lange in the mirror and the creepy girls with the Satanic symbol seem like okay fan-made stuff.

ChasingTheGhost
09-06-2013, 06:31 PM
Very excited for this season. The promos are killing me.

slave2thewage
09-10-2013, 04:51 PM
Teaser with a first look at the cast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEUinWP-pOM

slave2thewage
10-07-2013, 08:36 PM
48 HOURS, EVERYONE!

If you can't wait, SpoilerTV has summaries of the first two episodes. It sounds pretty awesome.

october_midnight
10-09-2013, 10:12 PM
Umm......wat.

slave2thewage
10-09-2013, 10:19 PM
That was glorious. Bow before Queen Lange.

Space Suicide
10-09-2013, 10:53 PM
Totally forgot this was on. Catching half of it on the repeat that airs right after. I didn't miss too much.

slave2thewage
10-10-2013, 10:31 AM
It's interesting since Lily Rabe is in the main credits but then THAT happened last night.

heavenly_bearded
10-10-2013, 10:52 AM
Vudu was a bit slow at adding this season. I sent many many furious emails to them for not having Season 3. Wake up this morning and there it is :) I hope me being an absolute asshole is the reason they decided to add it. Very excited to watch this tonight. Was hoping to jump in this thread and get some kind of opinion or review. After work, I go home, close the curtains, fire up a bowl and its AHS time!

allegro
10-10-2013, 11:02 AM
That was glorious. Bow before Queen Lange.

I'm DVR'ing this season, can't wait to see her in this! She's awesome!

slave2thewage
10-10-2013, 11:05 AM
Actually, the acting is very strong from everyone. I was wary of Emma Roberts but I really like her character. Plus it was the first time Evan Peters didn't annoy the hell out of me.

onthewall2983
10-10-2013, 11:42 AM
I have to admit I am more interested in where this season is going than last. Asylum was good, but just too bleak for me to even think of revisiting.

mfte
10-11-2013, 08:04 AM
Right off the bat....

She killed that guy because he refused to give her a higher dosage of medicine... BUT... Then she hypnotized several other people to do what she wanted (give a free tour, dig up a dead body).

Why didn't she just use her mind powers to get the medicine?

She didn't know that the woman from Misery was buried in the courtyard until the downssyndrome chick 'felt' something BUT the first half of the episode said that the type of witch she is allows her to have the combined powers of other witches. Shouldn't she have been able to "feel" the chick from Titanic herself?

Why does Tate have a Jersey accent when he says he is from New Orleans?

slave2thewage
10-11-2013, 08:21 PM
It's American Horror Story. Logic never applies here.

Except for your last point, and that's just because Evan Peters is fucking atrocious at accents (and, arguably, acting).

carpenoctem
10-11-2013, 08:33 PM
It's interesting since Lily Rabe is in the main credits but then THAT happened last night.

Don't forget what her power is, though.

Space Suicide
10-11-2013, 09:10 PM
I can't take Kathy Bates' character seriously. The New Orleans accent reeks of her role on the Water Boy.

Every time I heard her talk I thought of playing some Fool's Ball.

onthewall2983
10-11-2013, 09:12 PM
Why does Tate have a Jersey accent when he says he is from New Orleans?

That's actually a pretty common NOLA accent from what I have heard.

mfte
10-18-2013, 03:57 PM
Zombie Tate!

slave2thewage
10-18-2013, 04:42 PM
Misty Day is frigging awesome.

onthewall2983
10-18-2013, 06:32 PM
The 2nd episode was kind of a let-down from last week, but enjoyable enough not to make me turn away.

ChasingTheGhost
10-18-2013, 11:06 PM
Coven has me on my knees begging for more. The past season seasons didn't really do anything for me.

But I'm loving everything so far, I'm in love with Angela Bassett's character.

SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY
10-19-2013, 01:38 AM
My best compliment for this season is that the first episode is already better than Lords of Salem!

slave2thewage
10-24-2013, 09:07 AM
And that was amazing. It's really sad that Jessica Lange is retiring because her acting has been phenomenal.

pigpen
11-01-2013, 05:43 AM
And that was amazing. It's really sad that Jessica Lange is retiring because her acting has been phenomenal.
From what I read, she'll be back for a 4th season. and yeah, she's sooo good!

I completely missed the 2nd season, so maybe I'll get to that, but right now Coven is killing me it's so awesome. The only thing I didn't think was great
was the minotaur guy.. That kind of made no sense to me.. But whatever.

slave2thewage
11-06-2013, 12:50 PM
AHS Facebook just confirmed season four. Non-shock of the day.

johnbron
11-14-2013, 12:14 AM
Fucking American Horror Story Season Three! That was the episode I've been waiting for. :D

mfte
11-15-2013, 08:19 AM
. That kind of made no sense to me.. But whatever.

This describes a lot of this series.

jnk6980
11-16-2013, 04:27 PM
Stevie Nicks will be guest starring on the season's tenth episode.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/339961-stevie-nicks-american-horror-story/ (http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/339961-stevie-nicks-american-horror-story/)

imail724
11-19-2013, 09:17 PM
I think this has been the best season so far.

Deepvoid
01-08-2014, 07:36 PM
I can't get into this season. Acting is good but I'm just not into the whole witch thing.
I still think Season 1 was the best and was the closest thing to the "horror" genre.

Callahan
01-09-2014, 02:37 PM
I REALLY like this season, this is actually competing to be my favorite of the series so far, looking to see how it pans out!

mfte
01-10-2014, 09:47 AM
This season started strong and has slid down hill into what feels like absurdity (even by AHS stadards).

Season 2 feels like the strongest one now.

onthewall2983
01-10-2014, 10:34 PM
Lance Reddick's devil reminded me a hell of a lot of Hugo Weaving in ​Cloud Atlas.

slave2thewage
01-11-2014, 06:05 PM
This season started strong and has slid down hill into what feels like absurdity (even by AHS stadards).

Season 2 feels like the strongest one now.

Don't be a hater, dear.

mfte
01-14-2014, 09:34 AM
Don't be a hater, dear.

I am trying. Really I am. But its not easy when my inner critics goes on line.

onthewall2983
01-22-2014, 10:23 PM
One more week!

frankie teardrop
01-30-2014, 12:54 PM
i loved this season. much neater premise, less absurdity, and fewer tangents overall. i'd probably rank it: season 3, season 1, season 2, though i have enjoyed all of them so far.

slave2thewage
01-30-2014, 01:19 PM
Asylum, closely followed by Coven and then Murder House waaaaaay down at the bottom, personally.

mfte
01-31-2014, 08:52 AM
Asylum, closely followed by Coven and then Murder House waaaaaay down at the bottom, personally.

Yes pretty much.

Although in season 1 when Dylan McDermont is beating the shit out of burn face, and burn face is laughing and begging to be killed, that was a highlight of the series.

R-Dot-Yung
01-31-2014, 09:30 AM
For me I think Season 1 is still the best.

Season 1 > Season 3 < Season 2.

Asylum was all over the place, it didn't seem like the writers knew where they wanted to take it and just took it everywhere. It had it's moments but I enjoyed 1 and 3 much more in hindsight.

slave2thewage
01-31-2014, 07:30 PM
The highlight of season 1 was Jessica being a bitch, personally. Apart from that, I found it to be stupidly dull. I think I wanted all the Harmons to die after the third episode.

onthewall2983
01-31-2014, 07:41 PM
I thought this season was terrible, to be honest. I had quite a bit of tolerance of the silliness for the first two seasons because often there were things I found appealing or clever, but I just found this one painfully inept.

Space Suicide
01-31-2014, 07:42 PM
The highlight of season 1 was Jessica being a bitch, personally. Apart from that, I found it to be stupidly dull. I think I wanted all the Harmons to die after the third episode.

That was the beauty of it. I am not ashamed to also think that season 1 was the best.

onthewall2983
01-31-2014, 08:08 PM
The highlight of season 1 was thinking Rubberman could be anybody but who it ended up being.

mfte
02-03-2014, 03:23 PM
speaking of highlights. Season 2 was definitely the axe into the back of the neck.

and i was like "why did the hot one have to die?" but then the other one died too

kdrcraig
02-04-2014, 09:47 AM
I finally finished this season, really did not like it. Seemed like barely anything happened in most of the episodes. The last few episodes were dumb as hell. That Stevie Knicks training montage in the finale was cringe worthy. Show has by no means lost me but this season sucked.

elevenism
03-14-2014, 02:40 AM
I thought season one was ...interesting...

Season two was fucking AWESOME!

Can't wait until season 3 hits netflix.

october_midnight
03-17-2014, 12:45 PM
Season 4 will be set in a 1950's carnival. (http://www.gotham-news.com/news/2014/03/17/season-four-of-american-horror-story-will-carry-a-carnival-theme?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

The poster in that article is fan art of course, but this has me fuckin' pumped.

slave2thewage
03-26-2014, 10:16 AM
American Horror Story: Freakshow.

October airdate.

Confirmed: Jessica Lange, Sarah Paulson, Frances Conroy, Kathy Bates, Angela Bassett, Evan Peters.
"In talks": Emma Roberts, Denis O'Hare.
Heavily rumored: Zachary Quinto (personally, I'm not too sure).

Set in Jupiter, Florida in 1950, although it's being filmed in New Orleans. All the confirmed actors are apparently playing former performers that are "rescued" by a "glamorous German" woman played by Jessica.

Space Suicide
03-26-2014, 10:59 AM
I'm game/set. I LOVE Freakshows and travelling carnival atmosperes.

Wretchedest
03-27-2014, 03:54 AM
my wife and i took this up about a month ago.

The first season was really great. Very clever wrapping the troubles of a modern family into a haunted house story. The first season was relatively focused, if only a little hamfisted. I still think that was the best season.

Season 2, obviously, flips the table. Season 2 starts out pretty disturbing and scary, in a way that I thought exceded it's predecessor. But very quickly, it cranked up the crazy to 11. It's almost as if the writing team never turned down a single idea. ZOMBIES! NAZIS! EXORCISMS! ANNE FUCKING FRANK! ALIENS! Still Season 2 keeps you guessing, and even further to it's credit, I really enjoyed how they were able to make each character a sometimes hero/some times villain. In the end, it was watchable at worst.

Season 3 though, was just a sad mess. For some reason they just really felt compelled to make a CW style teen drama. It was tragic because I was all up for a witch themed TVshow of sorts, awaiting season 3 over all. Like Season 2, Season 3 was completely incoherent and all over the place. But unlike Season 2, 3 was never ecclectic and crazy, it was just annoying and stupid.

That said I'll give season 4 a shot. I'm not much into the whole Dark Carnival/Scary Clown/Juggalo thing but... combined with those season 2 things it could be pretty fun.

onthewall2983
03-29-2014, 08:55 PM
...aaaaaaaaaaand Michael Chiklis was announced as being part of the cast last night, through a surprise appearance at a Coven Paley Center panel.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bj3hbgpCUAA9sd2.jpg

Not quite sure how I feel about this, but it's cool that he's back on FX at least.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
03-30-2014, 03:02 AM
Well, he did a good job with The Shield. Def welcome this decision.. but I am still weary about the whole "Freakshow" idea. I feel like series or shows or whatever that tried this approach failed miserably (Cough Cough Heroes).

:Off topic:

It really reminds of when Kramer in Seinfeld is trying to give Jerry advice for new material and talks about freaks and a talking head... sorry, couldn't help that reference :).

M1ke
03-30-2014, 07:15 AM
Last season Stevie Knicks appeared, and then one of the characters became randomly in love with her music.

This season, Insane Clown Posse gets the same treatment.

slave2thewage
03-30-2014, 10:16 AM
The other casting news from Paleyfest is that Gabourey Sidhibe and Jamie Brewer are back next year too and that actors from the other seasons will appear. No one was announced, but Dylan McDermott and Connie Britton were specifically mentioned.

screwdriver
03-30-2014, 11:52 AM
The other casting news from Paleyfest is that Gabourey Sidhibe and Jamie Brewer are back next year too and that actors from the other seasons will appear. No one was announced, but Dylan McDermott and Connie Britton were specifically mentioned.

YESSSSS
my hetero and homo crushes, together again

jessamineny
03-30-2014, 12:19 PM
I finally watched the last season. I'd been turned off after Season 2, with the kitchen-sink-of-crazy-plotlines that Wretchedest mentioned ("ZOMBIES! NAZIS! EXORCISMS! ANNE FUCKING FRANK! ALIENS!"). But I'm glad I gave it a chance -- I didn't realize they were basing it on real New Orleans history, or I would have watched it sooner. Made up for the dumb Stevie Nicks singalongs.

screwdriver
03-30-2014, 05:33 PM
I finally watched the last season. I'd been turned off after Season 2, with the kitchen-sink-of-crazy-plotlines that @Wretchedest (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=107) mentioned ("ZOMBIES! NAZIS! EXORCISMS! ANNE FUCKING FRANK! ALIENS!"). But I'm glad I gave it a chance -- I didn't realize they were basing it on real New Orleans history, or I would have watched it sooner. Made up for the dumb Stevie Nicks singalongs.

man, I feel the exact opposite! Season 2 DID EVERYTHING FOR ME and I felt actually wound up with some pretty compelling drama and something to say; Season 3 was SO BAD FOR ME that I almost can't even care about this show anymore. If it wasn't for how good seasons 1 and 2 were, I wouldn't even pay attention to this show anymore.

AvelineCyborg
04-07-2014, 02:12 PM
Yeah I would have to agree that 2nd season was really good. As far as I remember the one plotline I felt really didn't work was the alien one for sure. They could have got away with leaving that out since there was plenty of interesting things going on. The alien plotline was so half baked. They introduced it early on, forgot about it and then towards the end of the season it was as if the writers went, "Oh yeah the aliens!". However, having seen the 3rd season that misgiving about the alien plotline seems rather minor now. I thought 3rd season was really bad as well. I was telling my mom how good this show was and she being curious about it watching the 3rd as it was airing. Well it was rather embarrassing and I had to assure her that 1st and 2nd were so much better, especially the 1st. We struggled to finish it waiting for it to get better. Jessica Lange and her storyline was one thing about this season that was redeeming at least since she brought in the most compelling conflict to the story. I did find it satisfying though how the main baddies including Angela Bassett and Kathy Bates' characters got their just desserts in the end.

onthewall2983
04-11-2014, 08:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCPKjgnVWlM

segwaygarden
04-12-2014, 12:45 AM
i feel like season 3 was a total cop-out. i'm stoked for season 4, though. 2nd season was my favorite. i don't think the first season was that bad, but i hate that it led to a bunch of peeps on the web romanticizing the behaviour of tate and thinking that it's okay to shoot people, as long as you're cute and like nirvana. 1st season was cool for the part w/the masturbating onto the lamp and crying, though. that's always funny.

october_midnight
06-13-2014, 12:46 PM
@MsSarahPaulson: So excited to be playing Bette AND Dot this season. Two heads are better than one! #AHSFREAKSHOW (https://twitter.com/hashtag/AHSFREAKSHOW?src=hash)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bp8vGSNCMAAimR8.jpg

onthewall2983
07-13-2014, 05:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSRadjN_IWk

Throw_it_away9
07-13-2014, 09:48 PM
Ran across the teaser for season 4. I would have to say I'm most excited for the new opening credits. Charlie Clouser all the way!

Deepvoid
07-14-2014, 10:26 AM
AHS has been a hit and miss with me.
First season was incredible. Second season was good but didn't feel like it was a home run.
I couldn't go through season 3 to be honest. Witches are just not my thing.
Teaser for Season 4 looks great and it definitely got my hopes up again.

slave2thewage
07-14-2014, 11:48 AM
The thing about this "franchise" is that no one agrees on the quality. Like you said, you loved the first season but I despise that with a passion and I think that Asylum was amazing.

I think we all agree that it sucks that it'll be Jessica's last season.

Deepvoid
07-14-2014, 12:01 PM
I totally agree with you. Opinions have been all over the place. I've heard people say that Coven was the best season. Other people really disliked it. I think it's the risk of having a franchise that has stand-alone seasons.
With that being said, I think we all agree that Jessica Lange's acting has been amazing throughout.

Space Suicide
08-04-2014, 01:50 PM
I watched half of Coven before abandoning it. There just wasn't anything compelling in it horror wise to keep up with it. I'm still going to be a big hypocrite and buy it when it comes out on blu-ray though.

I just bought the blu-ray for Asylum last week. I have never watched it, so I'm late to the party.

I'm excited for Freakshow though. Right up my alley.

Space Suicide
08-05-2014, 10:48 PM
Double post, d'oh BUT

See the first glimpse of Freakshow's Killer Clown (http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/08/01/american-horror-story-freakshow-first-look-at-killer-clown-2155023?lt_source=external,manual#!bwT3SY)

october_midnight
08-14-2014, 09:27 AM
World's smallest woman is the newest cast member. (http://tvline.com/2014/08/13/american-horror-story-freak-show-cast-worlds-smallest-woman-jyoti-amge/)

http://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/american-horror-story-freak-show-cast-worlds-smallest-woman.jpg?w=600&h=800

thelastdisciple
08-14-2014, 09:39 AM
I don't mean to be rude... since she is a human being after all and I'm sure she has feelings but obviously they cast her to play a creepy role and well she is very creepy looking. O_O

october_midnight
08-15-2014, 10:32 AM
Wednesday October 8th.

Space Suicide
08-20-2014, 02:18 PM
Wednesday October 8th.

I bet Coven comes out on video the 7th then.

october_midnight
08-20-2014, 05:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5KJ-A4_glM

october_midnight
08-27-2014, 03:49 PM
http://c534909.r9.cf2.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Freak-Show-Poster.jpg

october_midnight
09-05-2014, 01:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtH4pBSdoxk

Deepvoid
09-05-2014, 01:45 PM
I have a feeling this will be the best season. So far the teasers have been great.

zaps30
09-05-2014, 03:41 PM
Is that supposed to be Pennywise? Seems to close to be a coincidence to me.

slave2thewage
09-05-2014, 09:54 PM
Ugh, I need a full trailer RIGHT NOW.

Space Suicide
09-06-2014, 07:26 PM
I have a feeling this will be the best season. So far the teasers have been great.

Me too and it's obvious. I find it hard to think any different.

slave2thewage
09-07-2014, 08:27 PM
Full trailer is debuting during tonight's episode of The Strain. Hopefully it will turn up online ASAP (and it won't be region-locked, WHICH IS THE WORST).

EDIT: No HQ version online as of this, but this version I found on Tumblr will have to suffice. http://ahs-official.tumblr.com/post/96939710608/full-extended-trailer-for-freak-show

Baphomette
09-07-2014, 10:49 PM
Me too and it's obvious. I find it hard to think any different.

Company I freelance for just signed on to do the show's merch. /gloating

zaps30
09-16-2014, 01:29 PM
So...the main villain is Twisty the Clown?

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/09/10/american-horror-story-freak-show-plot/#more-184037

First the video with the clown looking like Pennywise and now this sounds like Sweet Tooth from Twisted Metal lol.

Space Suicide
10-04-2014, 02:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UZnYOvv1v4

SOON!

slave2thewage
10-08-2014, 10:56 AM
TONIGHT!

I am beyond excited for this. Oh, and 90 minute premiere, in case people hadn't heard already.

mrselfdestruct94
10-08-2014, 12:49 PM
TONIGHT!

I am beyond excited for this. Oh, and 90 minute premiere, in case people hadn't heard already.

Happy to hear about the 90 minute running time. AHS is one of the few shows I get excited about every year. Just picked up season 3 on DVD and I cannot wait for Freakshow later tonight.

Space Suicide
10-08-2014, 08:19 PM
I'm ready!

Space Suicide
10-08-2014, 10:11 PM
Good premiere but is it sad/pathetic I got so pissed about the cover of Bowie's Life on Mars? IT WASN'T A SONG IN 1952.

implanted_microchip
10-08-2014, 10:21 PM
Good premiere but is it sad/pathetic I got so pissed about the cover of Bowie's Life on Mars? IT WASN'T A SONG IN 1952.
My girlfriend and I both are still trying to figure out how that works, you're not alone. Guess Bowie saw the freak show too.

slave2thewage
10-09-2014, 03:42 AM

Apparently we're going to hear Elsa sing Lana Del Ray as well, according to Ryan Murphy. Weird.

I tried livestreaming it, but it was so jittery that I saw about 30 seconds of the episode over 3 minutes so I just gave up. Download is finishing now, so I'll be back later.

slave2thewage
10-09-2014, 05:00 AM
THAT CLOWN IS TERRIFYING, OH MY GOD.

Also, I gasped out loud at the reveal at the end of the episode. Poor dear. Also, it's good that they kept the bitchery from Coven between Jessica and Frances.

implanted_microchip
10-09-2014, 09:24 AM
I definitely enjoyed it a lot more than the last two seasons (I'm one of those fans that got hooked by Murder House and just hasn't been as into it since), and it seems like there is a lot of promise to the whole thing. It failed to freak me out, but then again I've never been scared of clowns and just find that whole angle fairly over-played in general, so oh well.

Does anyone have any clue what accent Kathy Bates is going for this season? I love the woman, she's one of those actresses who, if she's attached to something, I'll give it a shot, but I still don't know what she was going for with that.

Kind of amazed how quickly everyone went from "misunderstood freaks" to "Let's disembody this cop we just murdered for doing his job!"

The costuming and set design this season feels like some of the strongest they've offered across the entire series; really looking forward to seeing more. Visually it's as rich as ever.

Is every episode going to have a musical number? Between Bowie and now Fionna Apple next week, I'm guessing they're setting a trend for the rest of the season.

slave2thewage
10-09-2014, 09:29 AM
Does anyone have any clue what accent Kathy Bates is going for this season?
Baltimore, according to Ryan Murphy's latest interview.

Is every episode going to have a musical number? Between Bowie and now Fionna Apple next week, I'm guessing they're setting a trend for the rest of the season.
In the same interview, it's said "about five" songs performed in the whole season. Lana Del Ray and Nirvana are mentioned.

Here's the (spoilertastic) interview - http://insidetv.ew.com/tag/american-horror-story-freak-show/

Also, there's meant to be a clue to next season already. My gut feeling is the staging of the dismemberment scene, it looked very occultish so I think next year could be cults/"Satanism".

ghostaustin
10-09-2014, 09:33 AM
I think it's pretty interesting that the clown witnessed the dismemberment of the detective. Kind of puts a different twist on the whole slasher-villain thing. Will it make him feel at home with the rest of the freaks, or will he just start picking them off?

slave2thewage
10-09-2014, 09:43 AM
I think it's pretty interesting that the clown witnessed the dismemberment of the detective. Kind of puts a different twist on the whole slasher-villain thing. Will it make him feel at home with the rest of the freaks, or will he just start picking them off?
Nah, it's been stated that he "hates the freaks". And apparently we're seeing what's under his mask next week and we should "prepare ourselves".

implanted_microchip
10-09-2014, 09:55 AM

Didn't they show him getting bought by Frances Conroy in the trailer for the next episode? Is he even a part of the freak show at all, considering we never see him interact with Elsa or anyone else?

ghostaustin
10-09-2014, 10:15 AM
Didn't they show him getting bought by Frances Conroy in the trailer for the next episode? Is he even a part of the freak show at all, considering we never see him interact with Elsa or anyone else?

He was probably bought because the people that are actually a part of the freakshow are not for sale. I bursted out laughing at that part of the preview, they're in for a bloodbath

slave2thewage
10-09-2014, 10:34 AM
I'm loving Frances' character this year. It's just pure old-school Hollywood bitch <3.

Space Suicide
10-09-2014, 05:08 PM
The costuming and set design this season feels like some of the strongest they've offered across the entire series; really looking forward to seeing more. Visually it's as rich as ever.

It's very true to the 1950's and I like that. I haven't seen a show portray a certain frame as well as this other than Mad Men's 1960's.

As for everyone's big love fest of actors/actresses, I'm awaiting for when Denis O'Hare's character is introduced. I don't know him from much other than past seasons of this, his role as Russell Edgington on True Blood and Garden State; however I really do enjoy his acting. I'll be awaiting. When he does, I'll go Larry Harvey.

http://cdn3-www.craveonline.com/assets/uploads/2013/07/Denis-OHare.jpg

mrselfdestruct94
10-10-2014, 08:50 PM
Fantastic debut, probably the best first episode they've ever done. Everything about it was exceptional. Every character was interesting, the plot was informative and moved along at a brisk pace, it never bogged itself down (probably due to the extra thirty minutes to play around with everything), and I love the new intro! Looking forward to next week and the rest of the season. Highlights: Killer Clown, Jessica Lange introducing another great character, laughing my ass off when the kid bit the chicken's head off, cringing with disgust at Lobster Boy earning extra money.

slave2thewage
10-10-2014, 09:10 PM
Episode 2 is going to be 90 minutes as well. I hope this happens a lot more.

EDIT: Drinking and watching the final episode of Asylum. Jessica should have won every award ever for Jude/Judy. One of the most fleshed-out and amazing characters ever.

kdrcraig
10-13-2014, 06:54 AM
I enjoyed the first episode more than anything that happened during last season. That clown is freaky as hell.

slave2thewage
10-16-2014, 12:12 AM
Twisty and Dandy have the greatest TV partnership since Mulder and Scully.

Space Suicide
10-16-2014, 12:13 AM
Twisty and Dandy have the greatest TV partnership since Mulder and Scully.

I wouldn't go that far.

Sadly I can see Dandy being a fullblown accomplice/serial killer along with twisty. Sadly too obvious.

slave2thewage
10-16-2014, 12:21 AM
Ah, you clearly haven't seen the promo spots... Can't wait for their rampage

Also, definitely loving that Gloria Mott is just Myrtle Snow v2.0 with the genius lines. "YOU CAN'T LIVE ON SWEETS AND COGNAC".

Space Suicide
10-16-2014, 12:09 PM
Ah, you clearly haven't seen the promo spots... Can't wait for their rampage

Also, definitely loving that Gloria Mott is just Myrtle Snow v2.0 with the genius lines. "YOU CAN'T LIVE ON SWEETS AND COGNAC".

Eh, I seen some clips but

It's so predictable that he will/is, which I hate. I saw it a mile away. It's going to "alleviate his boredom" I bet.

october_midnight
10-16-2014, 01:08 PM
Well, obviously.

Space Suicide
10-16-2014, 08:03 PM
Well, obviously.

Obviously obvious to spot obvious happenings in obvious plot happenings.

Obviously.

Wretchedest
10-20-2014, 03:05 AM
About 15 minutes in this is already cranked up to 11 with that seasom 2 style batshit crazy.

Edit: caught up.

Cant tell if its stupid or brilliant. But its entertaining. I hate the musical numbers.... That doesnt make much sense...very distracting and self indulgent.

There are interesting ideas and vibes in play, i just hope they go somewhere.

The show is no longer scary or even creepy. Its just bizarre and trippy. Its kind of more of a comedy now, in a weird way.

Space Suicide
10-20-2014, 10:50 AM
About 15 minutes in this is already cranked up to 11 with that seasom 2 style batshit crazy.

Edit: caught up.

Cant tell if its stupid or brilliant. But its entertaining. I hate the musical numbers.... That doesnt make much sense...very distracting and self indulgent.

The show is no longer scary or even creepy. Its just bizarre and trippy. Its kind of more of a comedy now, in a weird way.

This season strikes me as having a big payoff near the last 4 episodes, similar to season 1 happenings. It'll come.

koz-ivan
10-21-2014, 07:41 AM

I liked "Life on Mars" which was still a little jarring, the show does a very good job with costumes, sets, props etc to set both mood and timeframe, but the musical numbers break that timeframe - so they stick out - in a bad way.

I could forgive mars, but criminal really just didn't seem to fit.

zaps30
10-22-2014, 06:55 AM
Not a fan of the musical numbers either. If I wanted to watch Glee, I would....and I won't.

screwdriver
10-22-2014, 08:59 AM

yeah, I miss how actually scary the first two seasons were. even the clown stuff is just so… been-there

jessamineny
10-22-2014, 09:13 AM
The first season was such a creepy mindfuck, and became one of my favorite shows ever. Now the show seems like it's just weird for weird's sake. I only watched the first episode of the season, and I haven't even bothered to try to watch it again. :(

kdrcraig
10-22-2014, 09:50 AM
Definitely do not like the musical numbers at all, seem pretty out of place. I don't like the two headed woman either, just think it looks terrible. Other than that I'm really digging this season so far

Space Suicide
10-22-2014, 08:23 PM
Speaking of the music....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU0ky4Q_a7s

Space Suicide
10-22-2014, 10:29 PM
Tonight's episode was so good.

It finally took that dark, bleak corner by adding in an impending dread of death due to Edward Mordrake's appearance, Bette/Dot separation dream and Dandy being a douchebag wannabe killer

Rdm
10-23-2014, 04:26 AM
Poor Edward-

my first thought was tom waits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGci5Tlur9o

Wretchedest
10-24-2014, 02:24 PM
it's like they found another deep end to go off of.

implanted_microchip
10-24-2014, 02:58 PM
This show really seems to just embrace tropey, corny genre stuff, and I definitely am enjoying it but still feel like it could be so much more given the chance. Definitely not liking the musical numbers every single episode; spread out, I wouldn't mind, but it comes off as forced and obligatory at the moment. Still liking it better than the past two seasons for sure.

mrselfdestruct94
10-24-2014, 04:19 PM
This show really seems to just embrace tropey, corny genre stuff, and I definitely am enjoying it but still feel like it could be so much more given the chance. Definitely not liking the musical numbers every single episode; spread out, I wouldn't mind, but it comes off as forced and obligatory at the moment. Still liking it better than the past two seasons for sure.

I don't mind the musical numbers. They're not terrible but they're not that good either. Either way they don't put a damper on how good this season's been so far. Besides, nothing could ever be as bad as...The Name Game.

implanted_microchip
10-24-2014, 05:30 PM
I don't mind the musical numbers. They're not terrible but they're not that good either. Either way they don't put a damper on how good this season's been so far. Besides, nothing could ever be as bad as...The Name Game.

Something to me that makes them irritating is that, so, okay, we're getting extended episodes lately, right? But we're only getting around 50 minutes of actual show, it's just stretched to 80 minutes with a fuckton of commercials. The average episode would be somewhere around 45 minutes, so the "extra" content is around 5 minutes per episode. The songs take up roughly 3, so we're only getting about 2 minutes of actual plot-driving content (and before someone argues that the singing the other night was plot driving by summoning the dude, well, sure, but it didn't need to last the full song in that case, did it?). I'd be more than willing to give up those songs if it meant there weren't 30 minutes of ads interspersed throughout, the commercial breaks are insane (and I watch AMC for fuck's sake, a place where I've seen episodes of TWD get ~2 minutes of show followed by 3 minutes of ads.)

I don't "mind" them, but when you view it as screentime that could be really adding to the story, moving it along, developing the characters better, etc., it starts to feel wasted. It's every single episode so far. If it was once every few, that'd be very different for me as a viewer. Considering almost every single season so far that I can remember has had a rush of the final few episodes to resolve everything, resulting in a narrative clusterfuck because they spent a lot of time not getting there at random points earlier on, I'd love to see the extra time given actually go towards driving this thing forward so that the pacing feels consistent and not shifting from 5 to 50 miles an hour at the tail end.

Nyx
10-24-2014, 05:40 PM
Love love love Kathy Bates, she makes the character so real, so human, so warm. My favourite so far.

Space Suicide
10-29-2014, 09:19 PM
I'm not into cougars but damn, look at that flashback Jessica Lange.

implanted_microchip
10-30-2014, 02:21 AM
That was the strongest episode in a while. The stuff with Elsa made me genuinely uncomfortable/bothered, something this show hasn't done in too long for me. Honestly that felt like the end to a good miniseries, hopefully they don't lose steam.

koz-ivan
10-30-2014, 12:34 PM
Love love love Kathy Bates, she makes the character so real, so human, so warm. My favourite so far.

I didn't like her accent in the first episode it seemed to flit in and out - and not in a good way, but haven't noticed that problem since, she was really good this last episode.

Space Suicide
10-30-2014, 01:30 PM
I'm surprised they killed Twisty so soon, but I guess that sets it up for Dandy.

mrselfdestruct94
10-30-2014, 03:16 PM
Brilliant episode last night. I loved every character's back story. Holy shit, Jessica Lange's! And more so, holy shit, Twisty! I've never felt so sympathetic for a psychopathic killer. I love this show!

elevenism
10-30-2014, 03:51 PM
i watched Coven straight through. Good GOD i love this show...using the same actors as wildly different characters while maintaining subtle thematic continuity...this is one of the most creative shows ever made.

I'm going to catch up with you guys on season 4 today!

So what is everyone's favorite season?

I like Asylum best, then Coven, and then the first one.

Space Suicide
10-30-2014, 04:02 PM
So what is everyone's favorite season?

Murder House (One) even though it's an unpopular opinion.

elevenism
10-30-2014, 04:08 PM
Murder House (One) even though it's an unpopular opinion.
What is the popular opinion?