PDA

View Full Version : Twisted Metal

Space Suicide
02-27-2012, 04:56 PM
I've always liked this series and have been a fan since I was a boy, making it one of my first PS1 purchases in 1998. I even liked the 989 Studios games that everyone else seemed to hate. So this goes without saying, the colossal PS3 title that has been in development for years and had several pushed back release dates finally dropped on Valentine's Day, and I still haven't bought it. I have heard and watched the videos for the only 3 characters in story mode: Sweet Tooth, Darkside and Mr. Grimm. They looked good and were awesome but I wonder, why is there only 3 characters? Also why can you use sweet Tooth but can choose him to not drive his classic and obvious Ice Cream Truck?

I have also heard that online connectivity is laggy and disconnects often.

Anyways, I am wanting to know first hand from someone who owns the game of their thoughts and opinions on it. Anyone here bought it or rent it?

We can make this a thread for general discussion and fandom for the game series as well.

Piko
02-28-2012, 08:28 AM
Picked the game up yesterday. Have yet to play it though. Most likely today when I get home. I can let you know how everything is.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
02-28-2012, 05:23 PM
Got this on the release and it is so awesome. Same old Twisted Metal with some major upgrades in the graphics, the speed of cars, weapons are pretty much the same.... Homing missiles, Power... with the add on of some new toys and special attacks. The story mode is challanging in itself where you will find some time to get all the gold ranks for the boards you beat and what not. I hate that there are only three characters in story mode. The cut scenes are lame since they used real actors to play them which I do not get at all. Very cheesy.

The online is great when it actually fucking works. This is typical on a game that has just been released, but it gets to the point where you are waiting for trying to find a match for over an hour sometimes. The host of the rooms take FOREVER to start the matches all the fucking time, so you have people getting really impatient from being very patient and leave. When you are playing though, the matches are freaking insane. Non stop fighting and shit just blowing up everywhere. It is challanging online just as well so you can get a lot of play time with this game. You can also rank up, get upgrades for your car like different guns and such. You only start out with I think 3 cars until you unlock more. I really hope they come out with some patches so this game can ride a lot smoother.

I could have went a lot more into depth, but I am in the library :/

Piko
02-29-2012, 08:14 AM
Got this on the release and it is so awesome. Same old Twisted Metal with some major upgrades in the graphics, the speed of cars, weapons are pretty much the same.... Homing missiles, Power... with the add on of some new toys and special attacks. The story mode is challanging in itself where you will find some time to get all the gold ranks for the boards you beat and what not. I hate that there are only three characters in story mode. The cut scenes are lame since they used real actors to play them which I do not get at all. Very cheesy.

The online is great when it actually fucking works. This is typical on a game that has just been released, but it gets to the point where you are waiting for trying to find a match for over an hour sometimes. The host of the rooms take FOREVER to start the matches all the fucking time, so you have people getting really impatient from being very patient and leave. When you are playing though, the matches are freaking insane. Non stop fighting and shit just blowing up everywhere. It is challanging online just as well so you can get a lot of play time with this game. You can also rank up, get upgrades for your car like different guns and such. You only start out with I think 3 cars until you unlock more. I really hope they come out with some patches so this game can ride a lot smoother.

I could have went a lot more into depth, but I am in the library :/

This. I have yet to go online though. Still figuring out what button does what. Had a blast.

PooPooMeowChow
02-29-2012, 12:42 PM
I don't have a PS3 so I won't be getting this, but I read any character can drive any vehicle. To me that totally ruins each characters individuality. Remember mastering one character and getting stoked to play through again with a new guy.
I don't get this new idea in gaming that every one should be able to do everything equally.

EDIT: Jesus please I want a new Vilgilante 8!!

Piko
02-29-2012, 02:06 PM
Yeah, in story mode, you can drive the other vehicles. Kinda weird.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
02-29-2012, 03:10 PM
This. I have yet to go online though. Still figuring out what button does what. Had a blast.

Tell me about it. For some reason every time I come back to play this I totally forget the buttons and wind up dying a bunch because of it. Takes a little getting used to. I also do not like that any character can drive any car. When I am playing as Axel, I don't want to see freaking Sweet Tooth driving the thing. I want.... Axel?

The worst flaw about this whole game is the AUTO-LOCK-ON! Omg it is so frustrating when I am shooting at someone right in front of me, and the missile goes like right above the car, or hits the freaking ground.

Jesus please I want a new Vilgilante 8!!

This times 1000.

Amaro
05-02-2012, 09:22 PM
EDIT: Jesus please I want a new Vilgilante 8!!

OMG dude I totally forgot about that game. I worshipped it. Thanks for bringing it back to my attention.