PDA

View Full Version : Year Zero TV Series

NIN64
02-26-2012, 09:27 AM
Haven't heard much about this lately. Have to hope it will still happen soon. Any thoughts/info?

WorzelG
02-26-2012, 11:37 AM
I cannot wait for this - it's hard to piece together what's going on though, through random tidbits from interviews, eg I thought they were getting the guy Jim Uhls to write it, but recently in an interview for TGWTDT Trent said they couldn't find a screenwriter? Is there a difference between writer and screenwriter for television?

When Rob Sheridan twittered something about how it was coming along, I asked him if we'd still see what had been done even if it fell through and he did reply that what had been done so far was too good to not be released in some form - so I was quite relieved by that! I've been anticipating this for about 4 years now

henryeatscereal
04-10-2012, 11:30 PM
Hopes this come to life someday, would love a David Lynch directed episode ...ok maybe im asking too much!

Boo Berry!!!

hobochic
04-11-2012, 03:23 AM
I never understood what else there was to say in the world of Year Zero? Maybe there's tons of shit to be told but I'd rather have a solid NIN album in say, 2-3 years than a half baked dystopian tv-show. Hasn't that story been told numerous times before, and well enough?

Nah, Year Zero is the new Tapeworm and I'm fine with that.

Ryan
04-11-2012, 09:44 AM
Nah, Year Zero is the new Tapeworm and I'm fine with that.

Me too. I'm also fine with new HTDA record; Fragile re-release and new non-instrumental NIN record.

fillow
04-11-2012, 10:42 AM
Me too. I'm also fine with new HTDA record; Fragile re-release and new non-instrumental NIN record.As of April 2012, everything you named qualifies for new Tapeworm

BenAkenobi
04-11-2012, 11:19 AM
nin totally has to finish that one raided secret gig at OSR Meeting (or whatever it was called?)

Harry Seaward
04-11-2012, 11:35 AM
As of April 2012, everything you named qualifies for new Tapeworm

Actually, in a recent interview, Maynard says that Puscifer is basically what Tapeworm would have been, and what it evolved into.

Hyperpower
04-11-2012, 02:08 PM
Actually, in a recent interview, Maynard says that Puscifer is basically what Tapeworm would have been, and what it evolved into.

since this has been brought up, i was curious...
are Trent and Maynard on speaking terms? last i remember was The Fragile era when they kinda had a falling out? i think... or something

Harry Seaward
04-11-2012, 02:18 PM
are Trent and Maynard on speaking terms? last i remember was The Fragile era when they kinda had a falling out? i think... or something

I'm pretty sure Maynard said they're still cool.

The song 'Potions' on Puscifer's 2009 EP was a Tapeworm leftover (co-written by Trent) that Maynard did as a wedding gift for Trent.

Ryan
04-11-2012, 03:20 PM

I think the only time Trent got pissed with Maynard was when they did Vacant live and released it as Passive, as Trent thought it wasn't finished yet.

hobochic
04-12-2012, 12:55 AM
There seems to be a new scifi novel coming out in July titled "Year Zero"...

"Rob Reid made quite the splash with his humorous/serious TED talk on Copyright Math (http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2012/03/copyright-math-vies-with-string-theory-for-most-complex-profitable-potentially-ridiculous-theory-vid.ars). Hearing it calls for a more detailed explanation of the numbers he used, and Reid has laid it all bare (http://blog.ted.com/2012/03/20/the-numbers-behind-the-copyright-math/).Reid isn’t done with the music industry, either. Ars has learned some new details about Reid’s debut novel,Year Zero (http://facebook.com/ReadRobReid). Due out in July, Year Zero is a science fiction novel set in a galaxy that’s rather nearby. Specifically, it’s set on a cute (but quite possibly doomed) planet called Earth, where litigious entertainment industry lawyers nearly ruin human civilization. So as you can see, this is clearly fiction. Not a Swiftian commentary on our society, no sir."

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2012/03/john-hodgman-and-rob-reid-talk-year-zero-aliens-and-the-riaa.ars?clicked=related_right

MAD
04-12-2012, 01:40 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2129860/ HERP-DERP.

sheepdean
04-12-2012, 03:39 AM
Year Zero is far from an original name, the name means little to be seen randomly

Fred
04-12-2012, 06:42 AM
I think the only time Trent got pissed with Maynard was when they did Vacant live and released it as Passive, as Trent thought it wasn't finished yet.

http://www.dlayphoto.com/post/1428144184/maynard-james-keenan-announces-the-birth-of-mariqueen

Yeah, I think they're on somewhat amicable terms.

joplinpicasso
04-12-2012, 07:06 AM
Fuck Tapeworm. And I'm only mildly interested in this.

BRoswell
11-13-2012, 06:05 PM
From tonight's AMA with Trent:

Let's start on a down note! This is currently in a holding state. We didn't find the right match with a writer, and really have been avoiding doing what we should have done from the beginning: write it ourselves. We = Rob and myself. This project means a lot to me and will see the light of day in one form or another.

halo33
11-13-2012, 06:53 PM
This saddens me, because the last I remember hearing, Daniel Knauf (of Carnivale fame) was set to write for the series. Carnivale was one of my favorite shows of all time, and I thought that his writing paired up with a "Children of Men" style dystopian future would have made great television.

neorev
11-13-2012, 07:30 PM
aww man, i was so psyched as well, halo33. i absolutely love "Carnivale" and have made section for it here on ETS. i thought Knauf was the perfect choice for a multi-character story set in a dystopian version of now. Plus Knauf is taking the reigns on a new "Dracula" series, for NBC I believe, and doubt he would have time for both. such a shame. hey Trent, let the fans write ideas and submit. you let us edit the Lights In The Sky show, maybe we can all help for the series. i dabble in some writing :)