PDA

View Full Version : Kraftwerk

aggroculture
02-21-2012, 08:59 PM
Anyone going?
http://gothamist.com/2012/02/15/kraftwerk_returns_to_nyc_with_8_nig.php

trollmanen
02-21-2012, 11:32 PM
I wish I was! Tickets only $25, but the catch is each person is limited to two tickets for the entire series, which means you can only go one night. If you have a friend, you could get into two shows. It's nice on one hand as it allows more people to see it, but it doesn't allow anyone to see all of shows, though I'm sure someone will find a way. I'd love to see Radioactivity and TEE in full, Ohm Sweet Ohm live! Hopefully it's heavily bootlegged or documented officially.

NotoriousTIMP
02-22-2012, 03:09 AM
I hope this sparks a mini US tour of some sort......I'd love to see them live.

frankie teardrop
02-22-2012, 10:13 AM
i'm not jazzed about the idea of it. only one original member, overhyped, and what will likely be a laptop heavy set. i love kraftwerk, but plan to pass on this one.

in an ideal world though, i'd shoot for radioactivity and trans europe express.

aggroculture
02-22-2012, 12:10 PM
Looks like I am going to Man Machine, idiot ticket site notwithstanding. I don't know what to expect, not too familiar with this band.

frankie teardrop
02-22-2012, 01:12 PM
personally, i'd get familiar with that album/the band, and quick. a lot of die hards got shut out of this show in a big way and i reckon they're out for blood. didn't try for any tickets, but i heard it was a complete shitshow.

acidpolly
02-23-2012, 09:33 AM
shitshow it was
I was so glad to find out that Kraftwerk are be playing in NYC when I'm there but no luck with tickets... if anybody here suddenly has a spare second ticket please let me know.

trollmanen
04-15-2012, 10:37 PM
The residency is almost over, why is no one talking about this? Videos are showing up on YouTube, looks pretty awesome. The 3D stuff looks like it would be really fun to watch. They have updated arrangements to some of the staples (the intro to Man Machine was pretty cool) and the songs they've never played before sound pretty awesome (Europe Endless). Wish I could see it in person. Timing sucks, I'm gonna be in NYC in two weeks, hope to grab a book while I'm there.

frankie teardrop
04-15-2012, 11:02 PM
likely because no one on this board aside from aggro actually got tickets!

orestes
04-15-2012, 11:09 PM
What was going on at PS1 Contemporary Art Center today? A simulcast of the MOMA exhibit?

aggroculture
04-16-2012, 06:49 AM
The show I went to was pretty rad. They played the album, then their greatest hits. The 3D was cool, with a few headache moments. The visuals were generally awesome.
Not really familiar with this band, I was very glad to discover that The Model, which I knew from the Big Black cover, is among their worst songs. These guys were totally ahead of the curve, and their music stands up well today. The space was cool: I really liked the whole set-up: it was a show, a history lesson, and exhibition all in one. I'd like to see more shows along this format. Even the guy in the coat check room was rocking out below.

konkelo
06-24-2014, 05:50 PM
Man, I got to bring this thread back up. Kraftwerk just might be the coolest band in the world right now to me. Been listening to them alot lately. It still hard to understand that for example Radio-Activity and The Man-Machine were released in the 70's.

NotoriousTIMP
06-24-2014, 05:52 PM
I saw them in Oakland back in March, I think. The show was awesome and I highly recommend you go see it, even if you only like a few songs. :)

Dra508
06-24-2014, 09:20 PM
I saw them in Oakland back in March, I think. The show was awesome and I highly recommend you go see it, even if you only like a few songs. :)

Totally agree. If you have an opportunity, worth it.

konkelo
06-25-2014, 08:29 PM
Definitely will some day!