PDA

View Full Version : Sunspots and Soft Cell?

DigitalChaos
02-16-2012, 07:19 PM
Sunspots always reminds me of Soft Cell. To me, it seems fairly influenced by some Soft Cell. I haven't seen anyone else mention this though. Am I crazy? Do any of you see it?

For instance: The falsetto has some obvious similarities. There is also the electric egg beater sound going on that sounds quite similar to Soft Cell's "Sex Dwarf"

PhoenixML
02-23-2012, 11:20 AM
The Begining of the End reminds me of Metal

somewhatdamaged
02-23-2012, 05:28 PM
The Begining of the End reminds me of Metal

Wow, really? Metal is one of my favorite songs and I don't hear it at all. The Beginning of the End does remind of My Sharona though.

eversonpoe
02-23-2012, 09:02 PM
Wow, really? Metal is one of my favorite songs and I don't hear it at all. The Beginning of the End does remind of My Sharona though.

it's just that drumbeat. a lot of songs have used it, and it's a pretty driving force in all of them, so they're all bound to sound at least a little similar.

screwdriver
02-23-2012, 09:34 PM
it's just that drumbeat. a lot of songs have used it, and it's a pretty driving force in all of them, so they're all bound to sound at least a little similar.

In fairness, its not just the beat, its the drum sound he went with too. I think its gotta be a pretty intentional homage.

eversonpoe
02-24-2012, 02:29 PM
In fairness, its not just the beat, its the drum sound he went with too. I think its gotta be a pretty intentional homage.

yeah, that's true. and i'm not complaining. trent certainly has a knack for paying homage in interesting ways. (get it?)