PDA

View Full Version : Little things that cheer you up.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Dra508
12-31-2015, 04:23 PM
Congrats theruiner Good luck with the new gig!

I'm cheered by the piss me off thread. 2007 that shitz would have gone crazy, but you guys dun wicked good - yeah I went there. Fuck it - next year is around the corner and I'm pretty dam happy to turn and burn this year with hope for the next being better, even better.

eversonpoe
01-02-2016, 11:51 AM
it's my birthday! and it's going great so far! had a rough couple of days leading up to it so i'm very thankful. and my wife got me star trek boxer briefs! red, yellow, and blue, for the three different "departments" on the original enterprise.

bruised
01-02-2016, 12:05 PM
My son. Not that I need cheering up, he just adds so much to our lives everyday. He's 3 and is a full on Star Wars nerd! #best

eversonpoe
01-03-2016, 01:58 PM
My son. Not that I need cheering up, he just adds so much to our lives everyday. He's 3 and is a full on Star Wars nerd! #best

by the time i was four, i could quote the entire original trilogy front to back because i watched our (VHS dubbed from laserdisc) copies so many times.

bruised
01-03-2016, 09:15 PM
by the time i was four, i could quote the entire original trilogy front to back because i watched our (VHS dubbed from laserdisc) copies so many times.
Awesome! My uncle sat me down to watch the original trilogy around that age, and we watched the hell out of them too. I was hooked as soon as I saw the ship on screen in ANH.

Halo Infinity
01-03-2016, 09:59 PM
Finally coming to terms/grips with my religious upbringing and overall experiences with Christianity, specifically the Protestant denomination/sect that is the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

Dra508
01-06-2016, 03:38 PM
Making my annual vacation plans with my brother to go to Coachella. I'm really fortunate that 1: I can afford it 2: I like my brother 3: I don't annoy him too much - I mean, I am his little sister, doesn't matter how old we get, I will always be his little sister.

Sarah K
01-06-2016, 03:47 PM
Today marks 7 years without using meth for me, and 23 years without drinking alcohol for my father.

:)

tony.parente
01-06-2016, 04:25 PM
Today marks 7 years without using meth for me, and 23 years without drinking alcohol for my father.

Congrats!
I had no idea you partied so hard back in the day, lawd!

GibbonBlack
01-06-2016, 04:35 PM

That is fucking amazing. Congrats!

ldopa
01-07-2016, 02:58 AM

meth is fucking horrifying and not having it in your life for 7 years is truly something to brag on.
the alcohol: i can't relate, babe.

Sarah K
01-08-2016, 01:51 PM
I was very successful at completely ruining my life!

ldopa
01-09-2016, 04:38 PM
I was very successful at completely ruining my life!

if you managed to keep your teeth in the vortex, you did head and shoulders above most!

kel
01-15-2016, 07:20 PM
wreck-it ralph.

Jinsai
01-17-2016, 05:34 AM
my synthesizer of pure ultimate motherfucking evil

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAmP1Syzak-/?taken-by=psycinder

ldopa
01-17-2016, 02:14 PM
this morning my friend rode his harley right up on the front lawn and revved until i came outside. that was my alarm today. might have pissed off my neighbors, but it made me happy.

eversonpoe
01-21-2016, 11:31 AM
making giant cookies out of the batter stuck to the bowl at the end and adding all the extra M&Ms inside/on top

http://56.media.tumblr.com/bc5158cb99afe82a3fcf805a2b5ec14b/tumblr_o1bc8bFj6e1qzcvl5o1_500.jpg

also, just baking in general. it makes me feel good. wish i liked more things so i could expand my baking ouevre beyond the basics. although the french silk pie i made from scratch with an oreo crust a while back was pretty impressive.

implanted_microchip
01-21-2016, 12:15 PM
eversonpoe oh my god I stopped baking a while ago because I've tried to cut all sugar that isn't from natural stuff like fruit out of my diet and I miss the process of it so much. It never failed to make me feel like some magical elf or something. Just the smell it fills a house with is the most soothing, therapeutic, relaxing thing. Somehow it has none of the pressure other cooking does for me.

And that thing looks amazing! Would totally buy it.

eversonpoe
01-21-2016, 01:12 PM
@eversonpoe (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=588) oh my god I stopped baking a while ago because I've tried to cut all sugar that isn't from natural stuff like fruit out of my diet and I miss the process of it so much. It never failed to make me feel like some magical elf or something. Just the smell it fills a house with is the most soothing, therapeutic, relaxing thing. Somehow it has none of the pressure other cooking does for me.

And that thing looks amazing! Would totally buy it.

the trick is to bake for other people! i packed more than half the cookies i made today into ziplocs to give to various people, leaving my wife and i with only 17 of the 58 cookies i made. (although i also ate 4.5 of the 41 other cookies)

GibbonBlack
01-21-2016, 07:55 PM
the trick is to bake for other people!

Oh! IS IT?????????? So where's my cookie then?

eversonpoe
01-22-2016, 08:59 AM
Oh! IS IT?????????? So where's my cookie then?

i tried to ship cookies to australia once. i vacuum packed them and took great care. and they arrived all in crumbs, and stale. i don't know why. but some day, i will find a way to send you some cookies. SOME DAY, MY FRIEND.

(p.s. i don't even remember WHY i owe you a cookie haha)

GibbonBlack
01-22-2016, 09:36 AM
(p.s. i don't even remember WHY i owe you a cookie haha)

The why isn't important, just the cookie

scotty79
01-22-2016, 02:48 PM
Start date for new job finally came through today

elevenism
01-22-2016, 09:36 PM
the x files is finally here (on sunday, right?)

eversonpoe
01-24-2016, 08:59 AM
the x files is finally here (on sunday, right?)

yup.

my wife and i had a REALLY hard time getting through the second movie. it took us five or six different sittings over the course of TWO WEEKS because it was so...i don't think "bad" is the right word. but it wasn't good. it was really uncomfortable, and really dark, and lacked the playfulness and levity of the series (and the first movie), which would persist even through dark episodes. plus, mulder got rid of his beard halfway through (booooooo he was SO HOT with the beard), and scully's b-plot was SO DEPRESSING.

anyway, i'm happy we finished it so now we can watch the new series, even though it seems like we would have been perfectly fine skipping it.

elevenism
01-24-2016, 09:36 AM
yup.

my wife and i had a REALLY hard time getting through the second movie. it took us five or six different sittings over the course of TWO WEEKS because it was so...i don't think "bad" is the right word. but it wasn't good. it was really uncomfortable, and really dark, and lacked the playfulness and levity of the series (and the first movie), which would persist even through dark episodes. plus, mulder got rid of his beard halfway through (booooooo he was SO HOT with the beard), and scully's b-plot was SO DEPRESSING.

anyway, i'm happy we finished it so now we can watch the new series, even though it seems like we would have been perfectly fine skipping it.
yeah it was fucking ROUGH

elevenism
01-29-2016, 04:37 PM
i got that Kabbalah for Beginners in the mail ( allegro )

and also Infinite Jest.

Timinator
02-02-2016, 12:23 PM
My son, who just turned 2 years old, likes to put things on his head.

Two days ago he started babbling about how his toy diggers and other machines have "motors" in them. Who knows where kids pick these things up.

Yesterday he put a bulldozer on his head, and said, "Motorhead!" about 10 times.

My wife said that on his way to daycare today, he said, "Daddy says Motorhead!" several times.

Somewhere, Lemmy is smiling as broadly as me.

Ryan
02-04-2016, 02:36 AM
My fiancé and I have been worried about our 18 month old daughter's leg for a while. We took her for an X-ray (I had to hold her down while she bawled her eyes out and I wore something that looked like a butcher's apron to keep away the radiation), and we went to the doctors and got the results. Turns out nothing is wrong. Big relief!

xcore
02-04-2016, 06:19 AM
Cooked a costly indian curry for the first time today and it tastes really yummi.

the duder
02-06-2016, 01:15 PM
In the past week, I've received an award from the Delaware Governor's STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) council for my work in education as well as a nomination from my school as a candidate for teacher of the year. Pretty grateful.

Lew
02-10-2016, 04:47 PM
a ahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! my blackberry passport, upon my typing "fuck", offered "FUCKCOCKSNATCHBALLS" as one of the autoprompt options. so very beavis and butthead, in my brain right now.

eversonpoe
02-10-2016, 10:30 PM
working on a new set of mixes for my band's new album. the first song, "blue turtle yoga" never fails to put me in a good mood. the verse is in 7/4, the lyrics are about Sting and they're RIDICULOUS, and it's just a really great song.

Lew
02-11-2016, 11:37 AM
valentine's day party at school today. was up early attaching temporary tattoos to valentines for youngest. just before leaving he asks if i found the surprise in my bed. go and look and there is a valentine's card, a tattoo and a chocolate kiss for me. :)
last night the oldest called me "mom the scientist" LOL. little cretin. can't wait for "mom the doctor" "mom the dictator" "mom the GOD" (dreaming on that one) etc.
they make me laugh a lot. particularly when i probably shouldn't.

Halo Infinity
02-11-2016, 11:30 PM
Burger King from time to time, even if I shouldn't have it as much as I've used to, as it reminded me of some of my nostalgic and sentimental childhood and teenage memories. It really was my introduction to fast food, and I've been there way more than McDonald's. I also love how the local Burger King restaurants around my way never seemed to show any signs of slowing down or going away. They were always in the same exact locations. Only time will tell though, but it surprised me to actually see a McDonald's come and go before a Burger King.

Oh yes, and Dunkin' Donuts. I love going there for breakfast too.

elevenism
02-12-2016, 12:48 AM
hey @allegro (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=76) i didn't know where to put this, but thanks for the book recommendation. it was a trip, although i STILL don't know if i can handle the Ten Sefirot or the Zohar yet.

But i came across something that i thought might interest you, although you probably already know about it" Julian of Norwich's "Revelations of Divine Love." She was an anchoress and christian mystic who had "visions" and some fairly controversial ideas, even by today's standards (the idea of an androgynous or feminine YHVH is one.) It's also believed to be the first book any woman ever wrote in english. She's the one who said "All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well."

Reading her book along with the basic Kabbalah treatise has my spirituality on fire again and it feels damn good.

edit: you should check it out too marodi , but i have a funny feeling i'm telling both of you ladies things you already know ;)

tony.parente
02-12-2016, 01:31 AM
the lyrics are about Sting and they're RIDICULOUS, and it's just a really great song.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z153/acphenom/sting_wrestler.jpg

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

eversonpoe
02-12-2016, 07:50 AM
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z153/acphenom/sting_wrestler.jpg

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

hahahahaha nope

https://thisisthegoldenhour.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/img_9938-0.png

blue turtle yoga. c'mon. don't you know that sting's first solo album is called "the dream of blue turtles" and that he's really big into yoga? ;)

allegro
02-12-2016, 09:30 AM
Reading her book along with the basic Kabbalah treatise has my spirituality on fire again and it feels damn good.
Yeah, I'm re-reading a favorite Tibetan Buddhism book and really feel the same way, I really needed it right now, I know what you mean; feels good.

Also cheers me up: have dinner reservations to celebrate Valentine's Day tomorrow G at Tapas Barcelona, one of our fave restaurants, since G has to work on Sunday.

Burger King from time to time, even if I shouldn't have it as much as I've used to, as it reminded me of some of my nostalgic and sentimental childhood and teenager memories. It really was my introduction to fast food, and I've been there way more than McDonald's.
I have a childhood nostalgic attachment to McDonald's because I'm OLD (relative to this board), because it was the first and only fast food place that existed around us at the time and they only had, like, 6 things on the friggin' menu, but we thought it was such a big deal to be able to go, like oh boy, we don't have to eat Mom's dinner at home, whooooo. So I know what you mean. I LOVE Burger King tacos!!

Swykk
02-12-2016, 09:38 AM
Someone gave me a SpongeBob themed fun dip at work for VD and I hadn't had fun dip in decades. I can confirm tropical stick/blue raspberry is fantastic.

And Barry Crimmins just responded to one of my tweets! Little things have me liking this day a lot!

tony.parente
02-13-2016, 08:22 AM
My wife and I bought our first new couch in 4 years and it's fucking GORGEOUS AND MASSIVE AND WE HAVE SO MUCH MORE ROOM FOR ACTIVITIES.

GibbonBlack
02-13-2016, 08:47 AM
"activities" ;)

kel
02-13-2016, 03:34 PM
the northwest is having a rare early spring. i know it'll be short-lived, but i'm soaking it up big time.

eversonpoe
02-13-2016, 03:41 PM
My wife and I bought our first new couch in 4 years and it's fucking GORGEOUS AND MASSIVE AND WE HAVE SO MUCH MORE ROOM FOR ACTIVITIES.

pics! (of the couch, not the "activities")

tony.parente
02-13-2016, 06:45 PM
http://youtu.be/Y9rvXh1UXrg eversonpoe

GibbonBlack
02-13-2016, 08:32 PM
Pics! (of the "activities", not the couch)

tony.parente
02-13-2016, 09:09 PM
Pics! (of the "activities", not the couch)

http://i.imgur.com/78U0W5Yl.jpg
Lol don't tell my wife I took her picture and posted it on the Internet ��

GibbonBlack
02-13-2016, 09:31 PM

Ha! I was expecting a fort!

Sarah K
02-14-2016, 01:56 PM
Dat Ashley Graham SI Swimsuit Edition cover.

eversonpoe
02-14-2016, 09:30 PM
http://youtu.be/Y9rvXh1UXrg @eversonpoe (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=588)

that made me laugh so hard it's sad.

also, seriously, that is a NICE couch.

http://i.imgur.com/78U0W5Yl.jpg

that's adorable.

my wife and i often take our second couch and flip it around so we can pull it up to our main couch to make a "couch fort" so we can stretch our legs out. it's so nice.

tony.parente
02-14-2016, 11:09 PM
my wife and i often take our second couch and flip it around so we can pull it up to our main couch to make a "couch fort" so we can stretch our legs out. it's so nice.

Do you ever play that game with cats where they're sleeping and you see just how many thing you can stack on top of them before they move?
Yeah my wife is under there somewhere.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/12715659_10153476748862831_9116321525080170544_n.j pg?oh=22218baff6900d82bc4bfd1cc48f5a13&oe=572C7C5B

Ryan
02-15-2016, 12:18 AM
L...l.....lmao

xfocalinx
02-16-2016, 12:48 AM
I stepped onto a scale and was 20 pounds lighter than I expected. Night is made!

allegro
02-16-2016, 01:31 PM
Dave Grohl singing Lionel Richie's "You Are" ... to Lionel Richie ... at MusiCares 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svkvay0YLoI

ldopa
02-17-2016, 12:22 AM
the northwest is having a rare early spring. i know it'll be short-lived, but i'm soaking it up big time.

fuck ass fucking yes! my skin has been able to breathe! i haven't had to layer up in a week AND i've been able to open the house for a few hours every day. daffodils and birds of paradise are out, and the living's easy. like you said, too bad it's short lived...a storm is coming i've heard.

boats and motorcycles have been rampant, it's so fucking lovely.

playwithfire
02-17-2016, 01:13 AM
I was going to say that I hate both of you but apparently it's marginally less awful in the coming days than it was this weekend/Monday (awful) here in NYC.

Substance242
02-24-2016, 04:38 AM
I created small but useful texteditor macro, lots of regular expressions, and it seems to work and will help me and some coworkers. It's nothing, but feels good to program something smart from time to time, without being asked to. :-)

Lew
02-25-2016, 02:51 PM
when i am ditzy lol! i just tried to lick a cut off my thumb, thinking it was ketchup.
ah, good times in lew ville.

kel
02-25-2016, 08:58 PM
idaho gets a bad rap and rightfully so, but there are so many good and amazing and creative and diverse people here. i suppose anyone could say that about most anywhere, but i'm truly proud of my idahome.

elevenism
02-25-2016, 11:56 PM
Got my Blackstar hoodie in the mail today.
Rocking it with my blackstar plugs (they are white with black stars, so they match. :)
i love it.

millionmilesaway
02-26-2016, 11:23 AM
getting back into a somewhat consistent gym schedule and feeling strong

also checked off a few important things on my to do list

Swykk
02-26-2016, 01:51 PM
Regaining power yesterday afternoon and being able to sleep in my own bed after a horrendous blizzard. Without my stellar driving skills (had to drive across town to my mom's once I realized the power would likely be out for at least a day), my poor dog and I would maybe just now be getting out of a ditch or worse.

xfocalinx
02-27-2016, 06:13 PM
I FINALLY obtained the ONE star trek ornament I've needed to complete my collection. the 1991 enterprise goes for like, 175 on ebay. I got mine for 50!

kel
02-28-2016, 11:06 AM
kate mckinnon.

elevenism
02-29-2016, 03:49 PM
My brother and sister in law left my 4 year old niece here for a couple of days to try to get me out of this fucking depression.
She is so adorable.
Right now she is singing "i'm a blackstar, i'm a blackstar."

eversonpoe
03-04-2016, 12:10 AM
i have put SO MUCH time and effort into my band's new album, and it's FINALLY UP FOR PRE-ORDER!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL45mLkPz7I

The Elizabeth Dane's new album, "Paradising Bridge" is now available for pre-order on our bandcamp page (https://theelizabethdane.bandcamp.com/album/paradising-bridge). It comes with an immediate download of our new single, "I Saw Michael Myers Standing Outside My House"
The single is also available separately (https://theelizabethdane.bandcamp.com/album/i-saw-michael-myers-standing-outside-my-house) as a pay what you want download, and comes with an exclusive Everson Poe remix.

elevenism
03-04-2016, 07:21 AM
My sister in law made me a fucking round blackstar birthday cake, and it was SO fucking bad ass and sweet of her.

Annnnd...my last three posts in this thread mention blackstar :/ perhaps i'm a little obsessed.

Anyway i will post a pic of it later.

implanted_microchip
03-05-2016, 11:25 AM
Voting!

My state's holding it's early voting for the primaries and I went out and cast my ballot this morning. Felt great to do and it's just a wondeful feeling to be reminded that I do get to have a voice and, even if my candidate isn't the nominee, to know that I had my say in the matter and did my part. I don't know, I sound very cliche and like a democratic pep rally, but I truly value and appreciate that I do live in a democracy and have that right. Knowing how many have been fought, attacked, killed and imprisoned just throughout American history, let alone globally, in the name of guaranteeing this right to all citizens means a lot to me and I don't want to forget how much this right has meant for so many. I never want to take it for granted.

TheyCallMeDrug
03-06-2016, 12:39 AM
not sure if this cheers me up yet but i just dropped about 1k on that new sparkly samsung phone with a case, vr headset and wireless docking thingy.

i upgrade once every 5-6 years so it'll be nice, but fuck me on that price. i guess i should start looking at it like a pc upgrade and pray it survives in my pocket.

tony.parente
03-07-2016, 11:51 AM
Going to Orlando again with the wife in a little over a month.

We never get tired of it, ever.

eversonpoe
03-07-2016, 09:54 PM
Going to Orlando again with the wife in a little over a month.

We never get tired of it, ever.

gimmie all yer money. we want to go back to disney world now that they have the whole new star wars section but we're probably not going to be able to afford to do that for...five years?

Sarah K
03-09-2016, 01:49 PM
I applied to college to finish my degree randomly, and thought I had little to no chance of actually being accepted into this program.

I got accepted.

Timinator
03-10-2016, 07:09 AM
I applied to college to finish my degree randomly, and thought I had little to no chance of actually being accepted into this program.
I got accepted.Congratulations. I also once abandoned a degree, went back years later (surprising myself by doing so), and finished the damn thing. I'm very glad I did, for both practical and personal reasons.

Archive_Reports
03-10-2016, 09:39 PM
New phone day is a good day.

marodi
03-14-2016, 05:55 PM
Tomato soup and a grilled cheese.

Jon
03-15-2016, 11:12 AM
I got a new desktop (Dell XPS 8900 SE i9) and monitor (ASUS VG248QE) for Christmas. An old friend came to visit this morning and brought his colorimeter/calibration software.

I'm now staring at a beautiful, 2.2g/6500k calibrated display.

Lew
03-19-2016, 01:57 PM
cage the elephant is coming to town...well, close enough to town that i can go.
woop woop!!!!!
so chuffed.

playwithfire
03-24-2016, 02:45 PM
Moral high ground/ being right.

kel
03-25-2016, 06:49 AM
deven green's parodies. i've been quoting "welcome to my house" forever but just recently saw "welcome to my dance hall days". i can't stop watching it.

reznovka
03-26-2016, 05:31 PM
Driving home from a concert (Burning Down Alaska) with my best friend. Even though I have to go to work in 4 hours I am happy AF.

playwithfire
03-26-2016, 11:34 PM
Sorry to be offtopic but what is happening with your avatar

Ryan
03-27-2016, 10:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0INzbh587o

GibbonBlack
03-27-2016, 10:45 AM
Yesterday was my last day at my old job and just before I left I was handed a piece of paper that everyone had signed with personal messages to say farewell. Everyone. It doesn't sound like much but in the 4 years I've worked there that has never happened for anyone that has left. It's really made me realise that I was pretty well liked there. I don't know, it's so small, but really sweet :)

Pillfred
03-27-2016, 08:01 PM
I messed up my big toe somehow sometime back and it's been really sore the last couple weeks after I ate shit at work. However today when I went out for walk it felt pretty good. Hardly gimping around at all. If I didn't stand all day at work I'm sure it'd have healed faster but what do you do.

Hooray for almost unimpeded mobility!

Jinsai
03-28-2016, 09:37 PM
starting to look like I might have a good shot working full time for a pretty huge synth/music company... I don't wanna jinx it so I'm just going to leave that blank, but here's to hoping.

ldopa
03-30-2016, 12:00 AM
georges melies
his art is opium for my soul. not sleep, like nietzsche believed.

Lew
03-30-2016, 05:25 PM
Tomato soup and a grilled cheese.

chicken noodle soup and peanut butter sandwiches

marodi
03-31-2016, 11:29 AM
chicken noodle soup and peanut butter sandwiches

Another great combination!

As for what's cheering me up right now: coffee and wonderful music.

Lew
03-31-2016, 02:39 PM
my 8 year old is starting to wear *me* out with certain nin tracks.
lol.

eversonpoe
04-01-2016, 12:07 AM
https://f4.bcbits.com/img/a2870839466_16.jpg

my band's new album just got released at midnight! no april fool's jokes here! $10 digital, $10 cassettes (available april 22nd).

check it out on our bandcamp (https://theelizabethdane.bandcamp.com/album/paradising-bridge)!

the duder
04-01-2016, 07:41 AM
I'm digging the scroll effects; bravo!

reznovka
04-01-2016, 09:44 AM
I'm getting ready for an evening with two of my colleagues from my hospital ward.
Two of the best people I ever met and the only reason I am still working there.
...and I rediscovered the awesomeness of Emocore, once again (I do so every year)...good old days...
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb112/nzn_2007/emo_awesome_smiley_by_e_rap.png
young, without a single clue and happily depressed all the time.

Useless funfact: I got interested in NIN because of Trents emo haircut and I bought AATCHB and WT without listening to it in the store.
Thanks to the emo time in my life for making me discover NIN :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk2p-AV03TQ

Lew
04-01-2016, 11:35 AM
I'm digging the scroll effects; bravo!

my kids will love it.
my adult siblings will love it.
lol.
who could not love it???

Your Name Here
04-01-2016, 11:36 AM

Lew
04-01-2016, 11:43 AM
preface this with: i have a sick sense of humour.

my mom and sister went to vegas last week. apparently my mom was getting suckered into a facial at some shop...my sister told the shop owner: she has sensitive skin, you cannot put a mask on her. she is not buying anything. don't waste your time...but mom had to stay and talk. so little sister leaves and tells mother: back in 20 minutes. she comes back and sees my mom outside the shop...with a mime white face...wide eyed and twisty hands. turns out she got the mask applied, somehow pulled her credit card out and is now worried he charged the card. now, i know i shouldn't find this funny...my mom is far too trusting...buuuuuuuuuut i can't stop laughing at the image of her with mime face, pacing on the strip.
THEN...leaving vegas airport, my mom sets off a scanner. she is pulled aside and told "the machine says there is metal in your vagina". she tries to joke about how disuse, old age, etc, but still gets felt up UNDER HER CLOTHES by a female customs agent. rofl.
i probably wouldn't find this as funny were it not for the way my sister, first, told me these two tales...and then hearing my mom's perspective...and my family is kind of warped anyway.
oh what i would give for a photo of her in that face mask.

ldopa
04-01-2016, 09:12 PM
XD
everytime i scroll, it's like i'm in 8th grade again.

theruiner
04-04-2016, 09:14 AM
So, a couple of weeks after my first laser hair removal treatment on my face, I can actually feel a difference! My stubble feels considerably less full. Now that I've seen how much I've lost after only one session I can't wait to find out what happens after the second session. Crazy.

scotty79
04-06-2016, 10:19 AM
My wife gave birth today to another beautiful girl, my eldest has named her Ellie, we're all over the moon

mfte
04-11-2016, 04:46 PM
Taking a little ride on this would certainly cheer me up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEDrMriKsFM

Ryan
04-11-2016, 09:37 PM
When really big, heavy, grey rain clouds are in the sky. The feeling of impending doom/apocalypse somehow puts me at peace.

Jon
04-11-2016, 09:52 PM
The latest beta of MP3tag supports .wav files... it's about time!

eversonpoe
04-12-2016, 09:14 AM
in tech for the play i've been working on, and (so far) it's 100% the least stressful tech week i've ever been part of. i think it helps that most of my work is done before tech starts, but this director is also super nice, loves my work, and hasn't been a demanding dick like so many other directors i've worked with in the past.

i'm still eating/sleeping terribly, though, as is the curse of tech week haha.

icklekitty
04-12-2016, 09:46 AM
Today I found out that Maynard James Keenan is releasing an autobiography (http://www.amazon.com/A-Perfect-Union-Contrary-Things/dp/1495024423/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&dpID=51a3e7EUOXL&dpPl=1&pi=SY200_QL40&qid=1460423506&ref=plSrch&ref_=mp_s_a_1_1&refinements=p_27:Sarah%20Jensen&sr=1-1&linkCode=sl1&tag=ninhotline-20&linkId=bac0af069e664df622a7fc1700446ae9). This is going to be delicious.

reznovka
04-14-2016, 03:32 AM
My weekend starts tomorrow. After 11 days of working straight through I'll have a long weekend.

ldopa
04-15-2016, 02:18 AM
working with a boss that i mesh with, two jobs and four bosses... i get along famously with two, and it's enough to keep me going.

also sneezing like 10 times in a row, it's been a while, quite euphoric. spring in sac is no joke.

annnnnnnnnd this song, but especially this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBXv37PFcAQ

"you just sucked a dick..."

eversonpoe
04-15-2016, 02:41 PM
my band's album came in on cassette today! limited edition (nickelodeon) orange, only 50 copies!

https://scontent.ford1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/13015456_1154208314623630_216825929326178327_n.jpg ?oh=c8269872a7b81825a3a7d33d6814c47d&oe=57725C82

$10 on our bandcamp page http://theelizabethdane.bandcamp.com

Your Name Here
04-15-2016, 06:15 PM

kel
04-16-2016, 01:51 PM
seven days, one whole week of sobriety in the bag.

GibbonBlack
04-16-2016, 03:29 PM

That's fantastic! Do that again!

ldopa
04-16-2016, 05:02 PM

congrats! i'm rooting for you!

Jinsai
04-18-2016, 12:09 AM
My nephew is the cutest 2 year old kid ever... he was having a little bit of a tantrum today, so I tried to distract him from his woes by playing around on the piano... When I started into the Halloween Theme he ran over smiling and started playing along.

I'm not sure if I'm red in the face because I'm sunburnt as hell (which I am) or if I'm overcome by the cuteness...

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/13015649_10103453030346328_7596700131764615758_n.j pg?oh=9f48fef092e51947e37ffc33ca65df17&oe=577C1F57

Substance242
04-18-2016, 01:56 AM
Internet news about kickstart Commodore C64 "remake" reminded me of this older article about father playing old games with his small son:
https://medium.com/message/playing-with-my-son-e5226ff0a7c3#.vqqgmp4t5
Somehow that cheered me up, including the first paragraph. :-D

blake
04-18-2016, 01:00 PM

Good deal. Keep it up. One day at a time is what it takes. They'll add up to weeks, months and years, eventually. :)

blake
04-18-2016, 01:59 PM
Springtime in general cheers me up. It's a time of renewal, of new beginnings and opportunities. i suppose I'm not too hard to please, but the prospect of fresh homegrown strawberries does it for me every year.

kel
04-18-2016, 06:10 PM
Good deal. Keep it up. One day at a time is what it takes. They'll add up to weeks, months and years, eventually. :)

thank you. day nine. it's only taken that long to recognize myself in the mirror again. i feel like the worst part is behind me and i appreciate all the support from the board. double digits tomorrow. :)

eversonpoe
04-19-2016, 08:10 AM
i'm in tech week for a play right now that i've put a lot of work into (sound & music, as well as helping all around with other things). we had tech last week monday-wednesday night, and then this week sunday-wednesday night.

well, i had a crazy intense day of work yesterday (to which i rode my bike), and by the time i got home with 20 minutes to spare before i needed to be at the theater. i texted the director and told him i was having trouble functioning properly (not an exaggeration) and he said "oh, you don't need to come tonight. you're the only designer who has been on the mark with everything. have a good night!"

so my wife (who also had a rough day) and i got to treat ourselves to a delicious dinner and just relax for the rest of the evening. :D

eversonpoe
04-20-2016, 08:24 AM
sorry for the double post.

the soundtrack for the show i've been working on is up on my bandcamp!

Taste by Everson Poe (https://eversonpoe.bandcamp.com/album/taste)

any money i would normally get to keep goes to Red Theater (the company putting on the play), a non-profit theater company which is dedicated to free theater for everyone. think of it as making a donation and getting something in return!

avesjohn
04-20-2016, 11:34 PM
Last weekend I traveled up to Humboldt County in northwestern California for the first time since 2013 (when I graduated from Humboldt State University with my Wildlife Management Degree) for the 21st Annual Godwit Days Birding Festival. The keynote speaker this year was none other than David Sibley, author of The Sibley Guide to Birds and basically the most famous American birder in our time, but Humboldt was my home for 4 years, so I would've returned to see my friends there (mostly other birders themselves, among them the founder of Godwit Days) eventually with or without the draw of a celebrity birder. Naturally, I met and conversed with Sibley and got him to sign a newly bought copy of his Sibley Birds West guide, but on Saturday (before his keynote speech that evening), while leading a "big day" for about 18 other birders, my group ran into Sibley and his "birding with the keynote speaker" group, and I gave Sibley a tip about some very cooperative Red Crossbills (https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Red_Crossbill/id) we'd just seen further down the trail at the Arcata Marsh. Apparently, as one of the birders on that trip told me the next morning, they saw the crossbills. Either way: I gave a birding tip to David Sibley!

elevenism
04-22-2016, 02:17 AM
So i got a letter in the mail that said that my old bank account hadn't had any activity in over 3 years and it was about to be closed and the money given to the state, or i could request to have a check mailed to me.
I was fucked up out of my mind 4 years ago and left my entire life in dallas, bank account included. I did go back for awhile, but i never thought about the bank.
I assumed there was only a few dollars in there, but it was over $400 :) :)
I was on unemployment at the time and didn't spend my last payment.

So. hot damn! And i also won $100 on a scratch ticket the other day, which i normally refrain from buying.

scotty79
04-22-2016, 05:20 AM
Heading home after a week of working away, can't wait to see the wife and kids

Halo Infinity
04-22-2016, 05:32 AM
Worrying about something only to be absolutely wrong about it anyway.

Timinator
04-22-2016, 01:18 PM
My 2-year-old's favourite song alternates regularly between campfire singalong "The Other Day I Met a Bear (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMzmSnQjEdY)" and T-Rex's "Bang a Gong (Get It On) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVEhDrJzM8E)". He can frequently be heard belting either one.

kel
04-23-2016, 10:28 AM
two weeks sober.

eversonpoe
04-24-2016, 09:54 PM
my wife and i have now watched EVERY SINGLE EPISODE of MST3K, more or less in order (we started with "Mitchell", watched through the end of the show with Mike, and then looped back around to season 1 with Joel). tonight we closed the loop with "Mitchell". it was a bittersweet occasion, but i'm mostly very happy.

Sarah K
04-24-2016, 11:22 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BEmmmUrDlVY/

This post from my friend. Made me tear up a little bit!

Lew
04-27-2016, 12:10 PM
a toss up between my 8 year old belting it out to "satellite' (his new current fave..he calls it "scratch across the sky" lol) and getting to play with some crystal singing bowls at my old work today.
now for some gardening. woop woop.

blake
04-28-2016, 06:56 PM
I found the ETS archive of the older version of this board and have spent a lot of time the last week going through it, mainly because my parents were members and posted on it 7-10 years ago. I was young enough then that Mom wouldn't let me look at it, so it's been interesting to now look around in it and find things they posted back then. Obviously, simple things can sometimes cheer me up.

Ryan
04-28-2016, 11:49 PM
I went for a job interview this morning, and the agency I went to had this view of Sydney Harbour out the window:

http://i68.tinypic.com/1z1w5qh.jpg

Wish I worked somewhere with a view like that!

Harry Seaward
04-29-2016, 12:15 AM
I went for a job interview this morning, and the agency I went to had this view of Sydney Harbour out the window:

http://i68.tinypic.com/1z1w5qh.jpg

Wish I worked somewhere with a view like that!

Whoa holy shit, TinyPic exists? Btw, your photo is sideways. Also, use imgur.

Ryan
04-29-2016, 12:41 AM
Whoa holy shit, TinyPic exists? Btw, your photo is sideways. Also, use imgur.

It shows the right way up on my phone. I hate when that happens.

Hazekiah
04-29-2016, 01:10 AM
I'm just putting this here instead of the "Piss You Off" thread because it really was bullshit and all I could do was laugh.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/Hazekiah/image_zpslpkm1whx.jpeg

Ryan
04-29-2016, 06:17 AM
Watching Graham Norton and Hugh Grant just said: "someone recently said that my face now looks like a scrotum". I cracked up, as I was actually thinking to myself how he's aged quite a bit.

kel
05-02-2016, 08:18 PM
23 days sober. the absolute best decision i've made in my adult life thus far. i look better than i have in years, got a fantastic job in healthcare (goodbye forever, retail management!), and my confidence is back in spades.

life is good.

Lew
05-04-2016, 02:26 PM
https://youtu.be/nZiIVvEJ8m0

rofl...my 14 year old just shared this with me.
lololololololol.
(though, to be fair, i attempted to explain the concept of the circle as a symbol of equality...he rolled his eyes...then i had to point out the symbolism of the sword in the stone...which earned me a pat on the head. fucking kid. :)

blake
05-11-2016, 08:48 AM
Freshly picked, mountain grown, sweet, sweet strawberries make my tummy happy. A few freshly baked buttermilk biscuits to go along with them, and I'm good to go.

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j402/carterblake1997/strawberries_zpscae4ufal.jpg (http://s1084.photobucket.com/user/carterblake1997/media/strawberries_zpscae4ufal.jpg.html)

eversonpoe
05-12-2016, 08:01 AM
Freshly picked, mountain grown, sweet, sweet strawberries make my tummy happy. A few freshly baked buttermilk biscuits to go along with them, and I'm good to go.

oh god i want to hang out with you <3

my wife and i often get pizza from Bake 425 (which is the successor to Homemade Pizza Co. which sadly went bankrupt; Bake 425 was started by one of the original founders of Homemade Pizza Co. and re-opened in four of the previous locations). it's the kind of place where they make you a fresh pizza and you bring it home and bake it yourself (which means you can add your own toppings, control how well done it is, etc.) and it's DELICIOUS.
anyway, we had accumulated enough points for a free medium cheese pizza, and when i went to pick it up on saturday, the manager (who is the nicest guy in the world) had made us a large. then last night, when i had ordered two cutie pies (small pizzas), we apparently had a coupon for a free one, so i tipped $5.
i love being a regular customer and being so well taken care of by people. even if the pizza was sub-par (which it's not), the kindness would keep me coming back for more.

fillow
05-12-2016, 09:11 AM
When a day-long headache finally lets go...

Lew
05-12-2016, 12:04 PM
omg, those strawberries!!!! i am so chuffed that our farmers market re opens next week. i love it. the colours just blow my mind and make me happy. i also love that it is fairly small. oh, and the gourmet hummous maker will be back (extra garlic, dill and capers...the tongue dances with delight)

elevenism
05-17-2016, 01:17 AM
i spent the money from the check that i got.
i got some presents for family, but for me i got (finally) some monitors "ideal for small studio or home studio use" and a halfway decent condenser mic.
The quality of my recordings will get a shot in the arm from this. :)

Dra508
05-17-2016, 05:06 PM
Sour dough bread - toasted. Yuuuuummmmm

elevenism
05-17-2016, 09:09 PM
working on a track with a kind of dallas celebrity, mc astro.

and it sounds fucking awesome. i am proud.
it's my first good hip hop track (not with me rapping of course)

Substance242
05-18-2016, 04:13 AM
After import of my photoalbums from dying Picasa to Zonerama (nice feature) and reviewing them, this one cheered me up. :-)
https://www.zonerama.com/substance242/Photo/1613917/59104135
(taken in Austria somewhere)

Lew
05-18-2016, 05:20 PM
i am doing some editing for a few authors and it is loads of fun.
here's hoping it turns into paid work in the future!
it's still loads of fun anyway, though.
and satisfying. ever so satisfying.

elevenism
05-18-2016, 05:23 PM
i am doing some editing for a few authors and it is loads of fun.
here's hoping it turns into paid work in the future!
it's still loads of fun anyway, though.
and satisfying. ever so satisfying.
it sounds similar to what i am doing musically. It would be AWESOME if someone wanted to actually pay me for my production, but it's fun just to DO it.

Rubeninphoenix
05-19-2016, 12:20 AM
Last night, I went and saw my favorite baseball team play in person for the first time and I sat behind home plate for the first time ever as well. Sure, my team lost (thankfully they won tonight, avoiding getting swept) but it was certainly cool to see them out there especially when they almost pulled off the comeback.

elevenism
05-19-2016, 08:13 AM
put $50 on my homeboy's books. He got slapped with a couple of years in state jail over some nasty repeated drug possession business.
Write your friend or your cousin who is locked up. You know you have one. it sucks in there.
Plus you get to feel good about yourself and know they are thinking of you when they eat those soups and honey buns.

elevenism
05-21-2016, 09:39 PM
They accidentally gave me 12 extra pills at the pharmacy today, of something tightly controlled that i REALLY like having.
It's a fucking triplicate prescription, and i can't believe it happened, but i counted them like five times, and it totally did. :P

ldopa
05-24-2016, 01:14 AM
anticipating going to bed slightly lit in freshly washed bedding.

millionmilesaway
05-24-2016, 05:02 PM
They accidentally gave me 12 extra pills at the pharmacy today, of something tightly controlled that i REALLY like having.
It's a fucking triplicate prescription, and i can't believe it happened, but i counted them like five times, and it totally did. :P
Here's to hoping you use them responsibly, make em last, the pharmacy might catch their mistake (esp if tightly controlled) and not be as giving next time.

Also I fly home in 6 days and am so ready to trade in this Scottish weather for something resembling summer

Swykk
05-25-2016, 04:33 PM
The Pictures of Your Pet thread. tony.parente and botley most recently. Thank you and your adorable puppies!

Shadaloo
05-29-2016, 05:26 PM
I've been amassing action figures of various kinds for many years now, and only allowed myself to admit recently I was filling a void.

My life's a little better nowadays than it was not so long ago, so I bit the bullet, brought a ton of stuff to an action figure convention today, set up shop, and walked out with much of my load gone and a profit hefty enough - possibly surpassing what I initially spent on these things - to buy me a good quality bass so I can sit down and learn another instrument. I feel really great right now, like a huge burden's off my shoulders.

I didn't bring most of my Transformers, though. Motherfuckers can't have my Transformers.

Sarah K
05-29-2016, 11:55 PM
Elitist asswipes with their stupid facepalm buttons.

Khrz
05-30-2016, 12:24 PM
So, I'm an uncle now...

http://i.imgur.com/aW8ks20.jpg

God I wish his dad was here to see him and hold him. "The beauty that he brings, illumination", to paraphrase Sufjan Stevens...

theburningreptile
06-02-2016, 03:50 PM
I had my belly button removed due to a hernia. I had dealt with it for 3 years. Now that it's fixed I can finally get my life back on track. My girlfriend and I will be getting our house that we are on a waiting list for soon. My family thought, not in a bad way, that I could never be independent. Due to my abuse and such but, I've healed from that I think. I'm just really happy with life. I've never been this happy.

theruiner
06-03-2016, 01:21 PM
My best friend is coming out to visit me in less than a week. I haven't seen her in two years. I'm over the moon excited.

Pillfred
06-04-2016, 03:20 PM
Picked up some super tasty Granny Smith apples the other day.

Also got a call back on a couple jobs i put in apps for. The one place which i was actually excited about called me back the same day i put in my app and pretty much offered me the job. I was kind of thrown off by the rapid fire approach as i was not anticipating the call so soon. I told them had other apps out but i would call back. Not bad for a first round of apps i put out. The other is a place the guy I'm living with works at so i kind of had an in there but even he said the other spot would be better. Im about to call both back and see about setting up some face tie on monday to talk. I think I'm gonna go for the first one, i've done some googling and it seems like that would be a better fit for what i would like to do. The other spot would be decent i suspect but it's a resort that shuts down in winter.

Going in Monday to face to face! It's not yet been a week but I need to work. It's been nice having internets, TV, woods and stuff, plus the time off but I need to get back to grinding. My body is going into revolt from all this leisure time.

ldopa
06-06-2016, 05:38 AM
just having a great low key night with my man. food, TV, laughter, learning, and fucking.

we have very different schedules, so when little things go smooth and uninterrupted it's actually a luxury. to spend time without a sense of urgency means the world.

Ryan
06-06-2016, 06:12 AM
fucking.

Pics or it didn't happen.

eversonpoe
06-06-2016, 08:20 AM
on thursday, my wife (sarah) and i drove out to Geneva, a cute little town an hour or so from chicago, to stay at an adorable hotel called the Herrington Inn. we stayed there a year ago, too, but this time we were celebrating our five year (dating) anniversary. we sort of recreated what we did last year, and it was lovely.
when we got into town, we ate outside at a great mexican restaurant called Sergio's and got amazing $3.50 frozen margaritas, then walked around all the cute little stores before getting ice cream at Graham's.
for dinner we went to this place called Barrel + Rye, and one of the waitresses turned out to be someone i've known since i was 15 but haven't seen in almost ten years.
in the morning on friday, we ate breakfast at Buttermilk, which was so good, and then went to an outlet mall so sarah could get some new clothes for her NEW JOB that she's starting two weeks from today!
on saturday, one of our best friends came into town from michigan to see my band's (potentially) last show, which went swimmingly.
yesterday, we had a nice lazy day (after getting up at 5:45 to take our friend to the train).

all in all, a great weekend.

Harry Seaward
06-06-2016, 08:41 PM
I decided to ditch the years-old crap computer speakers (https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/speakers-z130?crid=47) I bought for like $15. I started by looking at some $30-$40 Logitech speakers on Amazon, I even thought I might get a sweet-ass 2.1 set up with a sub! After a few hours, I found myself on various audiophile forums thinking I might just buy a cheap (I was on a tight budget) set of studio monitors and a little amp.

Long story short, my packages arrived today with my new studio monitors (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E7H8GG2) and my new amp (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0127H4QLW) and holy shit. I was honestly really worried that I would be unimpressed because I don't have 'audiophile ears' and thought I might just be used to crappy sounding speakers and be underwhelmed by legit quality sound. How wrong I was. I am seriously impressed by this set-up. If this sounds so good to me, I honestly cannot imagine what some $200 or $500 or $1,000 set-ups could sound like.

I've been going through and listening to some of the FLAC in my library. Aenima and Hesitation Marks sound like whole new albums to me.

Stoked.

jessamineny
06-06-2016, 09:20 PM
on thursday, my wife (sarah) and i drove out to Geneva, a cute little town an hour or so from chicago, to stay at an adorable hotel called the Herrington Inn. we stayed there a year ago, too, but this time we were celebrating our five year (dating) anniversary. we sort of recreated what we did last year, and it was lovely.
when we got into town, we ate outside at a great mexican restaurant called Sergio's and got amazing $3.50 frozen margaritas, then walked around all the cute little stores before getting ice cream at Graham's.
for dinner we went to this place called Barrel + Rye, and one of the waitresses turned out to be someone i've known since i was 15 but haven't seen in almost ten years.
in the morning on friday, we ate breakfast at Buttermilk, which was so good, and then went to an outlet mall so sarah could get some new clothes for her NEW JOB that she's starting two weeks from today!
on saturday, one of our best friends came into town from michigan to see my band's (potentially) last show, which went swimmingly.
yesterday, we had a nice lazy day (after getting up at 5:45 to take our friend to the train).

all in all, a great weekend.

She got a new job! I remember you saying in several posts that she was super-unhappy. That's awesome!

ldopa
06-08-2016, 02:07 AM
Pics or it didn't happen.

he's not your type. he looks nothing like tony.parente

thelastdisciple
06-13-2016, 10:23 PM
Truth bombs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OZIOE6aMBk

eversonpoe
06-14-2016, 08:13 AM
tomorrow is my wife's last day at her job, and afterward we're going to Three Dots And A Dash (tiki bar we like) to celebrate. she gets a four day weekend and then starts her new job on monday. i am so proud of her for making it through the last few years of being miserable and for being strong enough to wait for this new, better opportunity to arise. she's getting a pay raise, better benefits, and instead of dealing with hundreds of people in a single office, she'll be dealing with three. i can't wait for her to not come home crying all the time, because she deserves to be happy.

Lew
06-14-2016, 12:02 PM
vanilla bean pods, cocoa, and the alchemy of baking.

humans who can hold space for other humans, an underrated and very powerful wee gift.

endurance.

Ryan
06-16-2016, 07:53 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrsiQbgeEsw

elevenism
06-17-2016, 05:37 AM
okay so i have this old, DEAR friend, but we haven't kicked it in awhile.
he's always liked the finer things and doing a little bit of like throwing his money around.

So the other day he saw that i was still making music. And he said "dude, i went through a phase of buying hundreds of dollars worth of music production tools but then decided it wasn't for me. " then he asked for my address.

Today UPS brought me a fucking iPad with TWO HUNDRED music making apps for ios, an adapter for plugging in a guitar or mic, and a midi adapter.

I am speechless. This has got to be at LEAST $1000 worth of shit.

edit: oh hey, Jinsai , this means i now have the Korg Gadget you suggested.

Lew
06-17-2016, 03:36 PM
i am in the process of choosing my d and d character. woop woop.
leaning heavily toward paladin...lol!!!!
ack. ok: bard, cleric, monk or paladin.
possibly rogue.
rofl.

kel
06-19-2016, 07:34 PM
pride felt so different this year. i cried a lot.

big dipper killed it. thanks for coming to boise, dude.

Swykk
06-22-2016, 07:55 AM
Found and drank an Ecto Cooler for the first time in like...what? 20-25 years?! It's still a delicious green tangerine drink.

eversonpoe
06-22-2016, 09:33 AM
Found and drank an Ecto Cooler for the first time in like...what? 20-25 years?! It's still a delicious green tangerine drink.

i made a cocktail the other night that LOOKED just like ecto cooler and tasted even better (gin, blue curacao, pineapple juice)

eversonpoe
06-27-2016, 09:30 AM
my upcoming album is getting closer and closer to completion. everyone who's working on it with me (all vocalists) keeps telling me how fun it is (especially compared to my older, gloomier/heavier stuff).

yesterday, my friend jon came to sing on a song for which he also wrote the lyrics, and it's so god damn sexy. it's basically a love letter to Adore Delano (the drag queen) which is amazing because he JUST got into drag race and before that was basically 100% straight, and now he's in love with a drag queen.

nihilimo
06-27-2016, 01:14 PM
Trustworthy people

fillow
06-27-2016, 04:58 PM
Iceland at Euro'16

Your Name Here
06-27-2016, 09:29 PM

theruiner
06-29-2016, 04:04 PM
Yesterday I was having a really bad day with my depression. It has gotten really bad as of late. Scary bad. And in probably the worst moment of the day, when I was feeling my lowest, I got a text message out of the blue from my best friend telling me that she was thinking about me and she missed me.

I cannot tell you how much I needed that. It was perfect, and it made me feel very lucky to have her in my life.

Jinsai
06-30-2016, 02:06 AM
i'm usually really self conscious about my music... today I wrote the best song I will ever write.

Ryan
06-30-2016, 05:24 AM
What's it called?

Jinsai
06-30-2016, 11:43 AM
What's it called?

I'm having a tough time figuring that out. I'm currently naming the project file "Cotton (the touch the feel the fabric of our lives)"

cashpiles (closed)
06-30-2016, 12:43 PM
The Hazekiah V Jinsai conversations need to be chronicled. Two well-known ETSers going at it.... one in fury... one in positivity... This is one of the reasons why ETS can be awesome.

Khrz
06-30-2016, 12:59 PM
Two well-known ETSers going at it.... one in fury... one in positivity...
Well, that's not quite how I would characterize that, but to each their angle I guess !

Big Fat Matt
06-30-2016, 10:49 PM
PBR and WW2 Documentaries.

elevenism
07-01-2016, 09:50 AM
this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCn8zs912OE
i posted it in the mandela effect thread because the drift had gotten so intense that i thought it really didn't matter. it has nothing to do with the mandela effect, but good GOD, this is an utterly fascinating mystery/trend/phenomenon. it blows my mind that something as complex and creative and seemingly random as spoken language could appear to have this fibonacci-like mathematical pattern emerge from it.
@allegro (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=76) , @Jinsai (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=272) , did you guys learn about this in english school?
kleiner352 , RocketScience , dig this.

allegro
07-01-2016, 10:25 AM
@allegro (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=76) , @Jinsai (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=272) , did you guys learn about this in english school?
kleiner352 , RocketScience , dig this.
English classes? No, doesn't really work that way since each class is hyperfocused ("British Literature 321" = from "Beawulf" through around the Victorian era). But "most common words" was briefly discussed in a Linguistics class, without all this mathematical probability stuff. And it's not surprising, particularly from the standpoint of the written word, since the vast majority of those at the top are necessary parts of speech (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Most_common_words_in_English), e.g definite articles, copulas, prepositions, etc.

The statistic probability stuff (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zipf%27s_law) is too in-the-weeds-drift for an English or Linguistics class. We DID learn a SHIT TON about Grimm's Law (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimm%27s_law) in my "History and Structure of English 416" class, though.

elevenism
07-01-2016, 02:15 PM
what trips me out the most, allegro , is the way that the pattern keeps extending, even when it gets into the 2000th or 5000th most common word.

allegro
07-01-2016, 02:26 PM
what trips me out the most, allegro , is the way that the pattern keeps extending, even when it gets into the 2000th or 5000th most common word.See also (http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0147073).

On major thing that university-level English research teaches you is, well, research. :)

elevenism
07-01-2016, 05:31 PM
See also (http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0147073).

On major thing that university-level English research teaches you is, well, research. :)

I am aware of the hyper-focused nature of English courses. I tested out of my first 2 semesters of college English and then took an American Literature course, before ending my undeniably promising academic career in a spectacular explosion of alcoholism, bad relationships, mental problems and general 18-25 year old naivete.
I assumed, however that one eventually learned about things like Zipf as an English major because i imagine that EVERY extant interesting subject is hidden from me behind the painfully physically close, yet woefully financially impassable, university door.

Now, @allegro (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=76) , is the research paper you linked the final verdict on this insanely fascinating phenomenon, or, as it were, anecdotal pseudo-phenomenon, or might i find another research paper detailing the merits of Zipf's law? Because i will tell you, Allegro, the grimmest law of all is the law that every time i learn something interesting these days, EVERY time, i fairly rapidly find out that it was either A. hyperbolized or exaggerated, or, B., pure horseshit, and life becomes sadly boring again.

At least i still have my American Tradition In Literature textbook. I've been reading that motherfucker for like 15 years, and it is a veritable literary treasure trove that exposed me to dickinson, cummings, barth, ginsberg, etc. THAT cheers me up. I still have it.

allegro
07-01-2016, 08:15 PM
I assumed, however that one eventually learned about things like Zipf as an English major because i imagine that EVERY extant interesting subject is hidden from me behind the painfully physically close, yet woefully financially impassable, university door
Heh, nah. Initial university-level (beyond community college) classes focus on composition and research, and then if you're a Lit major (like me and Jinsai) you begin focusing on Literature and not on language. I took that 416 class because it was a pre-req in case I wanted to go after a teaching certification which I considered for a little while but then changed my mind. Like I said, that DID focus really heavily on linguists and phonetics, Grimm's Law, and we even had to study Old and Middle English and TRANSCRIBE the Professor's dictation of Middle English using phonetic transcription (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phonetic_transcription), but something like Zipf's would be more like a novelty and not something that we could, I dunno, do anything with.

We didn't have one book in American Lit I 351; we had to read, like, 10 books in one semester plus a shitload of short stories. And write at least 2 full critical essays, and do at least 2 essay exams. Fun stuff. I thought I was going blind from 4 Lit courses per semester (I was reading at least 3 books per week) but it ended up I was just getting old and needed reading glasses, ahahahahahahhahaa. Then I RE-READ (in a week) Henry James' "Portrait of a Lady" (http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/portraitlady/) (close reading with highlights for an essay exam) and it was like A MIRACLE, I CAN SEE!!! For instance, see this American Literature reading list (http://www.sulross.edu/page/2441/ma-reading-list-american-literature). That's Master's level, but we read at least 15 of those.

Is the research paper you linked the final verdict on this insanely fascinating phenomenon, or, as it were, anecdotal pseudo-phenomenon, or might i find another research paper detailing the merits of Zipf's law?
Yeah, well, that's the downfall of the Internet. But in higher-level college, you learn that there is no Final Verdict on anything. Ever. You learn to question everything. You have access to University databases that you only get as a Student (JSTOR, the MLA, Project Muse, the OED, etc. (https://www.lib.utexas.edu/indexes/titles.php?subject=English+Literature)) for research. If you want to research Zipf's law further, Google it. See all of that material. Then, look at the Wiki page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zipf%27s_law), then look at the citations at the bottom (References (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zipf%27s_law#References)). For instance, HERE IS ONE (http://aclweb.org/anthology/W98-1218). Now, look at <<<<---- the citations for that source and see if you can Google any of them. Look, here's one relating Turing's Formula and Zipf's Law (https://arxiv.org/pdf/cmp-lg/9606013.pdf). Hopefully, this Research Fest will Cheer You Up. :)

Jinsai
07-01-2016, 10:52 PM
Heh, nah. Initial university-level (beyond community college) classes focus on composition and research, and then if you're a Lit major (like me and @Jinsai (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=272)) you begin focusing on Literature and not on language.

Yep... took a couple courses in philosophy, literary crit theory, linguistics, but the overwhelming majority was just mostly lots of reading and analysis.

Lew
07-02-2016, 11:18 AM
Yep... took a couple courses in philosophy, literary crit theory, linguistics, but the overwhelming majority was just mostly lots of reading and analysis.

i took intro linguistics in my final year, and was so bummed to find out how much i loved it. i really wish that a) i had taken it first year, then switched major...or b) loved school enough to have embarked on another degree in linguistics.

allegro
07-02-2016, 09:09 PM
i took intro linguistics in my final year, and was so bummed to find out how much i loved it. i really wish that a) i had taken it first year, then switched major...or b) loved school enough to have embarked on another degree in linguistics.
Yeah, if I were to go back and get another it would probably be in linguistics, too.

Or maybe GENDER AND WOMEN'S STUDIES (http://catalog.uic.edu/ucat/colleges-depts/liberal-arts-sciences/gws/ba/).

Ryan
07-02-2016, 11:20 PM
this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCn8zs912OE
i posted it in the mandela effect thread because the drift had gotten so intense that i thought it really didn't matter. it has nothing to do with the mandela effect, but good GOD, this is an utterly fascinating mystery/trend/phenomenon. it blows my mind that something as complex and creative and seemingly random as spoken language could appear to have this fibonacci-like mathematical pattern emerge from it.
@kleiner352 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=4417) , @RocketScience (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=486) , dig this.

That's incredibly interesting, thanks for posting. Didn't come across it during my English and Philosophy studies at college.

FernandoDante
07-02-2016, 11:34 PM
My girlfriend came by and visited me today. It was a surprise. She bought me a new mouse. It was the first time she ever visited me by surprise. It was so cool.

elevenism
07-03-2016, 05:52 AM
See, wow, Ryan is the exception to the grim rule of well backed up refutation of Everything I've Ever Said. :p

Ryan
07-03-2016, 05:46 PM
I dreamt Elvis was alive and flirting with me last night.

Maybe it has something to do with that post I made in Dead Souls.

Ryan
07-07-2016, 05:56 PM
Do we have a "weird/random facts about you" kind of thread? I was going to put this there if we do, but anyway:

Seeing lichen or moss on tree branches/trunks or on rocks relaxes me for some reason.

Your Name Here
07-07-2016, 06:24 PM

Ryan
07-07-2016, 09:45 PM
Do we have a "weird/random facts about you" kind of thread? I was going to put this there if we do, but anyway:

Seeing lichen or moss on tree branches/trunks or on rocks relaxes me for some reason.

this one took my interest today:

http://i64.tinypic.com/209rdb9.jpg

Your Name Here
07-07-2016, 10:16 PM

Substance242
07-11-2016, 04:22 PM
"Trolling is a art" - I didn't know this one before, lovely. :-)

https://franzejr.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/trolling-is-a-art.jpg

slave2thewage
07-11-2016, 07:24 PM
'Empress People'.

A few people here should get that.

orestes
07-11-2016, 10:04 PM
Sarcasim. (10 characters)

cashpiles (closed)
07-12-2016, 10:06 AM
people actively thinking up, seeking and implementing solutions that better our societies

this is a historical time and hopefully we see huge positive changes

determination, dedication and positive action

Lew
07-14-2016, 01:29 PM
hubby had his full vacation. no strike. hurrah.
we have made a conscious decision, as a family, to change how we speak and be mindful of the words we choose to use, and it is going pretty well.
tomorrow we head out for a weekend of camping, without kidlets. ack. it has been 4 years since we were last away from them, and we actually rarely go anywhere without them. so i am excited, and a touch emo, about it.
i have decided i am really no longer into live music so am kinda chuffed that duran duran provided such a cool show; grateful that my last live show was someone i had never seen before and normally wouldn't go and see.
so, RAH. and yar.

eversonpoe
07-14-2016, 11:59 PM
i found out a lot of really, really awful stuff tonight about one of my closest friends (we'll call him person A), who is also a member of my band. however, it very much explains the weirdness that has been happening with the band, and has also completely dissipated all of the negativity i was feeling toward one of the other band members (person B), now that i know everything that's been happening. i need to inform the third member of the band (person C) of at least the basics so he understands that B isn't the one who has been causing problems, as we thought.

looks like we'll be moving forward as a trio, but at least i know that B is a true, wonderful friend, and probably my best friend at this point. when i told him that, he said "you're not my best friend, you're family" and i started crying.

Your Name Here
07-15-2016, 01:28 AM

eversonpoe
07-15-2016, 07:24 AM
^^^^^ bands are like a marriage, except there may not be as much communication. It's really tough to keep a band together, I wish you the best to pick up and move forward. I guess its situations like the one you have explained that has left me working alone for the last five years and teaching myself instruments that I never thought I would learn how to play. That reminds me I am going to go and listen to your record in full I have been meaning to do that. Stay strong things will get better.

thanks.

i think the thing that's bumming me out the most is that person A sang on FOUR (out of eight) of the songs on my upcoming solo album, which is currently being mastered. i'm honestly considering asking the mastering engineer to hold off for a few days so i can have person B come in and re-do three of those songs so i don't have such negative associations with them.

guess this should have gone in the "...piss you off" thread. : /

Your Name Here
07-15-2016, 02:40 PM

Louie_Cypher
07-15-2016, 04:04 PM
got an offer for o follow up with you on the Mobile Security Researcher with HP. the job. its remote perfect right. of corse not mom is now upset because i will be on my own agian, F-that ithink this an awesome opportunity fof me. Yes i'm selfish so what. it's my world your just visiting
-louie

allegro
07-15-2016, 04:11 PM
got an offer for o follow up with you on the Mobile Security Researcher with HP. the job. its remote perfect right. of corse not mom is now upset because i will be on my own agian, F-that ithink this an awesome opportunity fof me. Yes i'm selfish so what. it's my world your just visiting
-louie
Hey, you came back from having a STROKE and now you might get a good job with HP? You go for it, dude!

Louie_Cypher
07-15-2016, 05:33 PM
http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/vessel/squares/avatar76_21.gif (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/members/76-allegro)allegro (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/members/76-allegro) thank you so much means a lot to hear positive feedback her's the turd in the puchbowl my mom sold the house ad is moving to be closer to my sister in Indianapolis but i can do both soI;m,going for it!!!!

Big Fat Matt
07-20-2016, 06:34 PM
email inbox is 100% empty

all folders.
all addresses.
all of it.

yaaassssssssssssssssss

Halo Infinity
07-20-2016, 07:38 PM
Lucking out and evening out in general. Sometimes when I look back, it makes me wonder how things ever picked up, or how I managed to survive and dodge this or that, but I'm just thankful that they did. I can only hope for things to get better.

Halo Infinity
07-25-2016, 07:52 PM
Having a ponytail again. It's been actually quite a while since I had one, so I haven't really thought about it until I was reminded of that again. I just missed having one.

eversonpoe
07-26-2016, 09:31 AM
Having a ponytail again. It's been actually quite a while since I had one, so I haven't really thought about it until I was reminded of that again. I just missed having one.

pics or it didn't happen :p

whenever my band plays a show (last night was our last, which i'm sad about, but there's nothing i can do about it, unfortunately), people come up to me (or tell my wife while we're playing) and say how good of a drummer i am, how fun i am to watch. it makes me happy that i don't just make good music that people enjoy, but that as the only stationary member of the band, i'm still enjoyable to observe doing my thing. i also wore a sleeveless shirt last night (haha) so i looked buff and you could see a bunch of my tattoos, and people seem to dig that ;)

Halo Infinity
07-26-2016, 09:49 AM
email inbox is 100% empty

all folders.
all addresses.
all of it.

yaaassssssssssssssssss
I also love that as well. It's like the same type feeling I get after cleaning my bedroom and bathroom or using CCleaner as far as another clean up task on a computer goes.

elevenism
07-27-2016, 03:41 PM
I just got a gang of shirts from @heavenly_bearded (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=341) .
He is planning a move to Denver, which is his dream.
He picks things up-he is a collector, as most of you know.

So if you wanted some rare NIN stuff, he's your guy. Let's help him get money together for his big move!
He's a better person than he gives himself credit for, and he deserves the help.

Ryan
07-28-2016, 04:01 AM
Manson thread being locked makes me happy.

eversonpoe
07-31-2016, 01:38 PM
my wife and i just spent several hours deep cleaning our bedroom (there are spots we hadn't vacuumed since we moved in over four years ago). we also took our box spring and mattress off the stupid metal frame they were on (within our, essentially, decorative ikea bedframe) and they are now on the ground, so the bed is now at a pleasing height, the headboard is actually functional again, and the pressure points that were exacerbating my back pain seem to be gone. yay!

scotty79
07-31-2016, 04:30 PM
Pick up my new car tomorrow, gonna be like a kid at christmas in the morning

Halo Infinity
08-01-2016, 09:04 AM
Remembering that I still have some of purpose in this world with actual family and friends that support me and care for me. That's what ultimately keeps me going even in spite of how discouraged I can get sometimes.

Dra508
08-03-2016, 08:47 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160804/7a6abd9841a0f156fc234510c36f273b.jpg

I'd visit. Where'd the otter lovers go?

Ryan
08-03-2016, 10:20 PM
While I'm not gay, there need to be more gay people in the world. I'm sitting in a pub and a gay bloke with another bloke (who may or may not be gay) are talking very happily. He also reminds me of Ricky Gervais.

Imagine if the whole of where all the ISIS people live were gay. We'd be getting gifts wrapped in pink ribbon instead of bodies blowing up.

Ryan
08-03-2016, 10:21 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160804/7a6abd9841a0f156fc234510c36f273b.jpg

I'd visit. Where'd the otter lovers go?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Nz0dLHMHOo

Dra508
08-04-2016, 05:00 PM
^^^^Amaaazzzzing

elevenism
08-04-2016, 07:20 PM
I don't know Dra508 . Sea otters rape baby seals to death. (http://animalsbehavingbadly.blogspot.com/2011/04/its-your-turn-otter-huggers.html) I wouldn't shake hands with such an animal.
Don't tell marodi though.

elevenism
08-04-2016, 07:53 PM
Summer thunder rolling across the great high plains, followed by sweet smelling rain, happening now. God i love it.

Dra508
08-04-2016, 09:31 PM
I don't know Dra508 . Sea otters rape baby seals to death. (http://animalsbehavingbadly.blogspot.com/2011/04/its-your-turn-otter-huggers.html) I wouldn't shake hands with such an animal.
Don't tell marodi though.

You're such a breath of fresh air elevenism [emoji58]

elevenism
08-05-2016, 01:13 AM
You're such a breath of fresh air @elevenism (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=2475) [emoji58]
Once at the Dallas World Aquarium, the River Otter got loose and bit people.
They swept it under the rug, but my sister in law was working there at the time so i know it to be fact.
They must have offered money QUICK because it didn't come on the news or anything.
lololololol

To be fair, i love otters too. I even loved that PARTICULAR otter who bit those people-i visited her several times :)

heavenly_bearded
08-12-2016, 04:43 PM
Making the drive home from Colorado without getting my stash taken by the piggies.

ldopa
08-15-2016, 01:50 AM
i got a project car. it's a blessing. i need the discipline.

eversonpoe
08-17-2016, 02:56 PM
we used to have four star trek (TOS) posters hanging here, but i just changed things around a bit:

https://67.media.tumblr.com/2b67704d9a9f805b21b50f52a10bda96/tumblr_oc2k9a0Wyh1qzcvl5o1_540.jpg

i think my favorite thing about being married to someone who can rival my nerdiness is that we enjoy decorating in a way that shows off the things we love together.

Jinsai
08-18-2016, 05:24 AM
I work three jobs, I'm about to quit one. Fuck you. You don't deserve me.

Harry Seaward
08-18-2016, 08:59 PM
I love Tootsie Rolls. If you're not familiar, they're a dark brown rectangular log of chocolate flavored plastic that you get for Halloween or whatever. Or they'll be on the counter by the register in a gas station for like 5 cents apiece and they've been sitting there for 14 years (you can never tell because the wrapper hasn't changed since 1642) so you bite into them and lose a few teeth. But sometimes you'll be lucky and find them fresh and they're nice and 'soft' and whatnot.

They're fucking delicious. One of my favorite candies. Would recommend.

allegro
08-18-2016, 11:26 PM
I love Tootsie Rolls. If you're not familiar, they're a dark brown rectangular log of chocolate flavored plastic that you get for Halloween or whatever. Or they'll be on the counter by the register in a gas station for like 5 cents apiece and they've been sitting there for 14 years (you can never tell because the wrapper hasn't changed since 1642) so you bite into them and lose a few teeth. But sometimes you'll be lucky and find them fresh and they're nice and 'soft' and whatnot.

They're fucking delicious. One of my favorite candies. Would recommend.

I SO agree OMG. My vet's office has Tootsie Minis in a basket and I'll grab one while I'm paying the bill and who the fuck knows how long they've been there, but they're still DELICIOUS. THE best candy on the planet.

cashpiles (closed)
08-19-2016, 10:40 PM
You may not like it, but I'm cashpiles forever.

elevenism
08-21-2016, 09:26 AM
it's almost fall.
i get this electric feeling during the fall and like this awesome vibe where i don't want to kill myself.

Jinsai
08-23-2016, 12:25 AM
I spent the day working on this song that really walks the thin line between being utterly cheesy and beautiful, and after about four hours of sound design and mixing, I feel like I've finally gotten it to just the edge but not over the line. I guess I'll see in a few hours when my ears are reset.

allegro
08-26-2016, 01:21 PM
Britney Spears Carpool Karaoke. Seriously awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSd9hiBGoE0&feature=youtu.be

Dra508
08-26-2016, 04:53 PM
^^^^She lip sync'd!!

James impresses me with his total recall of song lyrics.

allegro
08-26-2016, 07:12 PM
^^^^She lip sync'd!!

James impresses me with his total recall of song lyrics.

Oh I'm sure he knows all that shit by heart (and practiced knowing his upcoming guest; he DOES have that music ready to go). She is singing, but it's hard to hear her because of him LOL.

Jinsai
08-26-2016, 10:23 PM
just got the band past our 700th fan/like on Facebook. Woo hoo.

theruiner
08-27-2016, 10:33 AM
So, after months of false starts, I started my diet again on Monday. I lost 75 pounds and then gained freaking 40 back (thanks depression, bad eating habits, not enough willpower, stress, so many things). I want to get back to where I was and then continue losing (I still had about 35 pounds to go until my goal weight before I gained 40 back...yes, I was very, very big before all of this).

So I checked the scale and I've lost eight pounds. In five days. I lost THREE POUNDS since yesterday morning which...how does that work? I know water weight counts for some of it, but I can't imagine I was carrying eight pounds in water weight.

This is mostly a good thing, I'm just a little concerned because it's unhealthy to lose weight too fast. Then again, when you first start losing sometimes you lose a lot really fast and then it slows down and you start losing at a slower pace. I'm hoping it's just that. I mean, that would be great! And this is a great motivating start. So...woo hoo! I'm happy, but it's a qualified happy.

Lew
08-30-2016, 08:34 AM
Semantics, freedom fries, lolling brains and a lion's pride :p

Jinsai
09-02-2016, 04:53 AM
tonight I showed up to break down equipment for a DJ job, wound up that he was sick from alcohol poisoning... so I packed up the gear and drove him to the next gig. He couldn't hang, understandably, and so I just said hey, I can handle this.

I handled it.

I just broke my five year hiatus as a karaoke DJ, and got a lackluster small crowd to get happy as fuck and dance around and sing. I got the tips. I takes the money.

I ended the night with a screaming melodramatic version of Wrecking Ball that I hope never shows up on Youtube.
It's always nice to know that I can still do that shit; be the entertainer and make people happy.

Added note: this was all last minute save-the-day shit, and I was not dressed for this. I showed up wearing shorts that look like what Sora wears in Kingdom Hearts and a moth-eaten Joy Division shirt.

Watch me rock.

eversonpoe
09-02-2016, 07:37 AM
got a new tattoo last night and i LOVE IT

http://66.media.tumblr.com/338fd00f5bb20867753a02e1d4c4d5c7/tumblr_ocuv567lJh1qzcvl5o1_500.jpg

little fox, designed & tattooed by allie sider at logan square tattoo

first tattoo on my leg, actually hurt a little while i was getting it done

allegro
09-03-2016, 02:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHkhIjG0DKc&feature=youtu.be

elevenism
09-03-2016, 11:38 PM
i have amassed like 40 20oz Crystal Pepsis. I guess i've had about 60, but we've been letting it flow pretty freely around here.
They are already selling for $10 to $20 online, but i'm not selling them.
I'm DRINKING the motherfuckers, because i ADORE them, and they remind me of 92-93.

I bought ALL of them from Dollar General and ALL of them from Allsups (once i saw that they weren't selling. I wasn't gonna like make it to where others couldn't try them.)

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a609/tylerlankford11/cpepsi_zpsqwjrjofy.jpg (http://s1286.photobucket.com/user/tylerlankford11/media/cpepsi_zpsqwjrjofy.jpg.html)

This isn't my pic, but my fridge is como eso. :P

Ryan
09-08-2016, 05:50 AM
https://s12.postimg.org/dox341y2l/image.jpg

fillow
09-11-2016, 06:15 PM
A glass of cold milk. Preferably so cold you get an instant little headache while drinking it.

I believe people who don't like milk are actually aliens and should be isolated from society and experimented on.