PDA

View Full Version : Diablo III - Stay a while and listen...

Chris_CDN
02-02-2012, 03:40 PM
I have just started playing the Beta and thought I'd post a few quick thoughts here.

If you're familiar with the other Diablo games, you'll feel right at home in Diablo III.
Regardless of what class you decide to play as, you shouldn't have too much trouble slicing through the bad guys. You really do feel like a bad ass.
The music and sound effects seem to be exactly the same as the previous games. I'm not sure if they are placeholders or if they're going for a familiar "classic" feel.
Although I'm not sure if it's implemented in the beta, multi-player is going to be seriously addictive.
The beta is quite short. You can only make your way through the first Act, which takes a few hours at most.
The game is quite polished already, so hopefully we get a release date soon.
Anyone else have a beta key yet?

Maurish
02-02-2012, 05:17 PM
I haven't been lucky enough to get into the beta yet and that is mostly because I'm in the EU (the NA guys just received 100k beta keys) but according to Bashiok (Blizzard PR guy): We’ll have information on regional betas soon! Stay strong.
D3 is definitely one of my most anticipated games of 2012. Whether they'll get it out in Q1 of 2012 (that's where they've delayed it so far) or a bit later, doesn't matter, as long as it's as compelling as D2 is.

The beta is quite short. You can only make your way through the first Act, which takes a few hours at most.
Just to clarify, the beta is only a part of the first act, they didn't want the players to go beyond the Skeleton King (tagging just in case) because that's where major plot spoilers will start to take place. That said, they've stated that the story is around the same length as D2 was.

NotoriousTIMP
02-03-2012, 06:26 PM
How did you get the beta key? Is it the opt-in option on battle.net or did you get it some other way?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Mr. Blaileen
02-04-2012, 06:43 PM
I played a few levels of a Barbarian, but I didn't wanna get too far into it with any other characters. It's pretty awesome, but it is too easy. I rarely wish video games were more difficult, but I seriously waltzed through everything and didn't come even close to dying.

Frozen Beach
02-04-2012, 06:53 PM
I'm gonna need a new computer to play this game...

Maurish
02-05-2012, 09:46 AM
I'm gonna need a new computer to play this game...
You sure? The minimum requirements (if you can live with that) are not actually that demanding. They wanted to appeal to a wide audience and decided to keep the system requirements as low as possible. I assume the game will look quite horrible but if you're not looking for eye candy, you should be able to play it just fine.
Have a look: http://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-system-requirements

Wretchedest
02-05-2012, 03:28 PM
The only thing keeping me from jumping at this thing is the requirement to be connected to the internet. A real dissappoointment.n I know people think of these games as community driven and online oriented, but my internet often fails me... and I'd prefer to play closed circuit with people I know.

I remember back in high school, I went to a rather oppressive boarding school, and one of the ways we bunked the system was getting on a closed network and playing Diablo 2 for a litte bit every night. It was great. A fond memory that would never work with Diablo 3.

I really wanna get it on the Witch Doctor class. Rad flavor.

Maurish
03-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Confirmed release date: May 15.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4612389/Diablo_III_Launching_May_15_–_Digital_Pre-Sales_NOW_OPEN-3_15_2012#blog (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4612389/Diablo_III_Launching_May_15_%E2%80%93_Digital_Pre-Sales_NOW_OPEN-3_15_2012#blog)

Chris_CDN
03-26-2012, 01:19 PM
Anyone else grabbing a copy for release day?

plusminus
03-26-2012, 02:21 PM
Anyone else grabbing a copy for release day?

I have had the CE pre-ordered since the day Amazon put them up on the site. I hope I get it on release.

Wretchedest
05-12-2012, 08:28 PM
So i buckled and got this thing. Preorder from blizzard site...
i havent boughto a computer game since diablo 2... so when i downloaded the client... whatever the fuck that is... i got this. App file, on my mac
But when i go to open the. App file, nothing happens. Can anyone helpme figure out whats going wrong?

Maurish
05-13-2012, 05:04 AM
So i buckled and got this thing. Preorder from blizzard site...
i havent boughto a computer game since diablo 2... so when i downloaded the client... whatever the fuck that is... i got this. App file, on my mac
But when i go to open the. App file, nothing happens. Can anyone helpme figure out whats going wrong?
Since I don't use Mac, I can't help you personally but I suggest you take a look at this page. See if that can help you:
http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/blizzard-downloader-andor-installer-does-not-run-after-download-mac;jsessionid=6FEEC59758E19DE565180745711EB4CE.bl ade32_01_bnet-support

Wretchedest
05-13-2012, 02:53 PM
^^ awesome! turns out your more helpful than blizzard customer support reps.

Torgo
05-15-2012, 03:09 AM
This midnight release sucks... :(

Edit: well, it did suck for the hour and a half that I couldn't get in...

dogsipod
05-15-2012, 07:28 AM
Played a little today. It starts very easy. Already feeling addicted. Why oh why didn't I take off of work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bgalbraith
05-15-2012, 10:08 AM
I was addicted to Diablo II when it came out. Got super psyched for III initially, but now that it is actually here, I'm even wondering if I should buy it at all, since I can't justify playing it that much these days.

Anyone tried co-op yet?

Torgo
05-15-2012, 11:49 AM
I was addicted to Diablo II when it came out. Got super psyched for III initially, but now that it is actually here, I'm even wondering if I should buy it at all, since I can't justify playing it that much these days.

Anyone tried co-op yet?

Yep. It's super fun. It's definitely a very dangerously addictive game.

virushopper
05-15-2012, 02:25 PM
Crazy, http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/15/somebody-finished-diablo-3-in-12-hours/

Wretchedest
05-15-2012, 10:44 PM
Like what I've experienced so far, much more streamlined... the Witch Doctor is a hell of a lot of fun to play...

But the online only thing is just fucking up this game for everyone. So far I've only even played by myself, anyway. While I look forward to playing with friends of mine, the online only thing is preventing me from playing right now.... basically just because

The game deserves the bad press and the flack for the fans on this one... hopefully the industry learns this lesson...

dogsipod
05-16-2012, 11:01 AM
The online requirement is partially there to protect users as much as Blizzard. I have bagged on them as much as the next person, but I support the online requirement. I remember how hacked D2 was. I can't imagine a real money auction house dealing with that much duping/hacking.

october_midnight
05-16-2012, 11:38 AM
Crazy, http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/15/somebody-finished-diablo-3-in-12-hours/

I will literally never, EVER get the people that do this. Is it some sad idea of 'I'm gonna be famous on all the gaming sites!'?? When in fact you'll get an article and be forgotten within three days. The idea of spending $60 on a game to simply be done with it as soon as humanly possible baffles me. Idiots.

(I'm also aware you can play through Diablo III a bunch of times but still...)

owinn
05-17-2012, 08:23 AM
It's been a very long time since I actually thought a game was going to RUIN me. After playing finishing the first two acts in Diablo III I can safely say I'm going to be at this for a while... the auction house alone has the potential to become very addictive, not to mention the joy of cracking skulls as a walking earthquake of a level 24 barbarian.

I should mention that the cutscenes and voice acting in this game are exquisite.

add me: winnyboy@gmail.com

darktemplar007
05-17-2012, 09:33 AM
I love the music so much.

No complaints here besides the server issues day one (but honestly I was not surprised at all). It feels so smooth, so well put together. I love all the environmental things, like being bale to break a good number of the things around you. It feels so polished. Good bye social life.

owinn
05-18-2012, 10:55 AM
Finished normal mode single player campaign. 18 hours lvl 32 Barbarian. That was awesome as training, but it's time to get serious with Nightmare mode and co-op play. ;)

Shnoorum
05-20-2012, 04:24 PM
My opinion is that I hate you all for having a good enough pc to play the game and that any hardcore characters you make die horrificly!..... Bastards..

Shnoorum
05-20-2012, 04:25 PM
And also from what I hear, the music is still absolutely amazing

bgalbraith
05-21-2012, 02:33 AM
Gave in and got it, and yeah, it's super addictive. Just finished Act III using a wizard. My only real complaint about the always online requirement (launch day fiasco not with standing) is now lag is a factor in single player mode. I died more times than I care to think about because of a choppy connection. How can you even attempt hardcore when the game might delay for a few seconds and by the time it resyncs, you've been overrun by a horde?

Torgo
05-21-2012, 10:39 AM
Gave in and got it, and yeah, it's super addictive. Just finished Act III using a wizard. My only real complaint about the always online requirement (launch day fiasco not with standing) is now lag is a factor in single player mode. I died more times than I care to think about because of a choppy connection. How can you even attempt hardcore when the game might delay for a few seconds and by the time it resyncs, you've been overrun by a horde?

I've never had any problem with lag. The only connection problem I've ever had is Error 37 (my favorite error of all time).

Mr. Blaileen
05-21-2012, 02:13 PM
Level 46 Witch Doctor and going strong! God I love this game...though I'm still not thrilled about the internet thing. Been having lots of disconnect issues. That said, the rest of it's amazing. Nightmare truly is more difficult, and now I'm getting to the point where loot matters more than level. Still tryin to figure out what to play next.

Wretchedest
05-21-2012, 04:05 PM
What's your going WD build?

I just hit thirty, and I want to do fetish army, but I'm not sure if I can manage without the durability of the gargantuan. I'm trying to go for flavor hear.... keeping the frogs... and the eels. I love this class. Wish it were in every game.

Just checked out the auction house for the first time. I still have mixed feelings about it... I mean I walked out with a weapon that ended a certain plateauing of my build, but I fear for the future of real money transactions...

owinn
05-21-2012, 06:23 PM
Accounts are being hacked and items are being stolen. (http://kotaku.com/5912118/diablo-iii-accounts-getting-hacked-gold-and-items-going-missing)Good thing the real money auctions aren't up and running yet. My advice, get an authenticator fob or smartphone app for an extra level of security - if you think it will help.

Chris_CDN
05-21-2012, 08:25 PM
ChrisCDN#1220

Add me, I'm always up for co-op, even if my play time is somewhat limited for the next week or two.

Mr. Blaileen
05-21-2012, 11:34 PM
What's your going WD build?

I just hit thirty, and I want to do fetish army, but I'm not sure if I can manage without the durability of the gargantuan. I'm trying to go for flavor hear.... keeping the frogs... and the eels. I love this class. Wish it were in every game.

Just checked out the auction house for the first time. I still have mixed feelings about it... I mean I walked out with a weapon that ended a certain plateauing of my build, but I fear for the future of real money transactions...

The fetish army is cool, though I don't like how easily those guys die..so I go with the gargantuan instead.

I haven't seen many WDs to be honest, so I'm not sure if the build I use is any sort of typical or not. But I use Zombie Dogs (w/ the rune that makes them do fire damage), Sacrifice (w/ the rune that gives me health when I use it), Zombie Chargers (w/ the rune that increases the number of chargers, Gargantuan (w/ either the poison cloud rune or the one that makes him rage when encountering a unique/champion.) Poison Dart (w/ the rune that recovers mana per hit, so I get back mana pretty quickly), and Fire Bats (w/ the Dire Bat rune..which I like for DPS and long distance shots.)

My passive skills: can't remember the exact names of the skills...but I've been using the one that decreases the amount of damage my allies and I take by 20%, the one that increases my zombie dogs to 4 and increases gargantuan/dog health by 20%, and the one that gives me a 3% chance to summon a flayer pygmy when using (most) of my abilities. That last one's cool because sometimes I'll get lucky and I'll get four or five at once..so I'll be runnin around with four dogs, the gargantuan, four flayers, and my hireling. Big entourage.

Basically I let my gargantuan take the blows along with my zombie dogs, and I spam dire bats/zombie chargers when I can. When I'm out of mana I just use my poison dart to refill it. Workin alright so far.

Torgo
05-22-2012, 01:19 PM
I run a Witch Doctor with Poison Darts (mana rune), Acid Cloud (24 yrd rune), Zombie Dogs (poison rune), Gargantuan (that one rune that makes it go crazy in mobs with extra stats), Pestilence (mana rune), and depending on the run, I either stack button 3 with poison bats or the big bad voodoo. My passive abilities are - and I don't know the names - the one where it reduces damage to you and all pets by 20%, the other one where it decreases 20% more to pets and adds another zombie dog, and another that increases my mana pool by 20%. In this fashion, I play like a hunter and rely on my pets to deal a lot of damage while I run up for a moment to infect the crowd with pestilence to gain a crapload of mana, and then skull vomit and poison dart from a distance (all the while, continuously gaining mana with my various rune additions).

darktemplar007
05-27-2012, 03:18 PM
My account got hacked. Lost all my stuff. Sick.

Mech
05-29-2012, 12:21 PM
Created a character on my Dad's account over the weekend and played for maybe 20 minutes. It brought back a lot of memories from my high school days where I would stay up all hours of the night during the summer playing this damn game. It's basically the same with some different characters. I tried the monk and it was pretty fun. Not sure if my computer will really like to run it, but will definitely play it some more the next time I am over.

Chris_CDN
05-29-2012, 04:58 PM
I didn't think the persistently online experience was going to bug me, but I've been having some latency issues and trouble logging in quite a bit. Great game otherwise.

Sallos
05-29-2012, 05:06 PM
First Bethesda now Blizzard, what a shame.

and by this i mean that both fucked up their own franchise. Blizzard raped the entire diablo athmosphere.

Frozen Beach
05-29-2012, 05:14 PM
First Bethesda now Blizzard, what a shame.

and by this i mean that both fucked up their own franchise. Blizzard raped the entire diablo athmosphere.
Did you ever play the first Diablo? Its atmosphere was completely different from the sequel.

Sallos
05-29-2012, 05:17 PM
i did and i disagree with you. barely different in my opinion, let alone completely.

Kodiak33
05-31-2012, 11:22 AM
Well the teams that made D1/2 and D3 are completely different. I think they really fucked this one up in terms of atmosphere. Plus the dialogue is atrocious (Deckard Cain was always bad).

Still, it's fun...could've been much much better.

MrsMeowMeow
06-04-2012, 05:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZH7DqTsFEE

dogsipod
06-04-2012, 07:13 AM
Dogsipod/1269

Working on demon hunter, currently in nightmare mode. ~lvl 30-35

bgalbraith
06-04-2012, 09:11 AM
I finally got to the secret totally-not-cow level! Getting all the components took awhile, and the whole thing cost 150k, but I think it was worth it. It's silly.

ItsJustDave
01-06-2013, 12:58 AM
Practicing necromancy here pulling up a 6+ month old thread, but I'm ItsJustDave#1160. I've got a wizard and monk at lvl 60. Started the monk after getting bored/frustrated w/ the wizard in inferno. Having much more fun with the monk. I'm also slowly building up a witch doctor, but I only play that when I play co-op with my daughter.

NotoriousTIMP
01-06-2013, 05:41 AM
I regret buying the special edition of this game :( it didnt live up to my hopes or the hype sadly.....now the box just collects dust next to my WoW special editions :(