PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Skateboards 3.22.24

Toadflax
03-19-2024, 12:06 PM
Figured we should start a thread for whatever this is. New single for an upcoming album? Here's hoping!

EDIT: Looks like it's a collaboration with Welcome Skateboards. K.

https://welcomeskateboards.com/

Wulgaren
03-19-2024, 12:44 PM
to quote the man himself:
“bruv”

botley
03-19-2024, 01:14 PM
I think I caught a glimpse of the merch designs, couple T-shirts and hoodies with some TDS-era artwork (including Woodstock '94 imagery) and lines from the lyrics. Kind of nice but not really worth the markup for slapping the Welcome brand on it if you (like me) don't give a shit about skateboarding.

otnavuskire
03-19-2024, 01:19 PM
I posted about this here a few days ago. I think the links in the comments to all the apparel are dead now but you can at least see the skateboard designs and there’s a list of the apparel in the original Reddit post.

https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/6780-NIN-Spotting-2024?p=585708#post585708

shagg_187
03-19-2024, 03:40 PM
It's skateboards, hoodies and T-shirt, commemorating TDS.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comments/1bfrk0q/nine_inch_nails_x_welcome_skateboards/

Toadflax
03-19-2024, 04:24 PM
So strange for something like this to be worthy of an @everyone tag on the Discord as well as a teaser announcement leading up to it.

SchwarzerAbt
03-19-2024, 04:29 PM
If you've been around for TDS you've probably exceeded the age in which it is advisable to start using a skateboard! 😛

FULLMETAL
03-19-2024, 05:05 PM
First thought...
CsJOgPXg5FL

tony.parente
03-20-2024, 10:34 AM
They'll do ANYTHING except repress year zero lol

paul_guyet
03-20-2024, 10:35 AM
Yeah...who is this for? Jogging pants, sure, beach towels, okay, umbrellas...uh...fine?, but this? If skateboards and a picture of Reznor with the album art is all there is to commemorate the 30th anniversary...shit, man...

I honestly don't even NEED anything to mark the occasion, but this is just kind of weird.

Leviathant
03-20-2024, 11:10 AM
Yeah...who is this for? Jogging pants, sure, beach towels, okay, umbrellas...uh...fine?, but this? If skateboards and a picture of Reznor with the album art is all there is to commemorate the 30th anniversary...shit, man...

I honestly don't even NEED anything to mark the occasion, but this is just kind of weird.

C'mon Paul. Who is this for? Skaters. The mid-90s saw HUGE growth in skateboarding culture, coupled tightly with alternative & punk music, so there's not only a lot of actual nostalgia for that era from people who were teens back then, but it's also a bit of a fantastyland "man I wish I was around for the mid-90s" for a subset of kids today. A lot of my friends in central PA got into bands like Ministry because the music was used in skating compilation videos that they either picked up from the skate shop or maybe ordered from the back of Thrasher. (note: I've never actually thumbed through Thrasher) There's inherently a lot of fashion crossover too, whether the people wearing the clothes want to admit it or not. To put a finer point to it: last year, Tony Hawk sang a cover of Wish, and filmed a video, with a cameo from Trent.

Personally, I don't vibe with jogging pants, beach towels, umbrellas, or tote bags, but a "Ruiner" work shirt? That's kind of my shit.

trollmanen
03-20-2024, 12:10 PM
You make a fair point Leviathant. It's easy to get jaded about it and just think "I guess his kids are into skateboarding now, so here's this collaboration". This isn't my thing, so I'll check it out, and move along. But I do think that there might be less grumbling about stuff like this if they ACTUALLY RELEASED THE DE REISSUES OF YEAR ZERO AND THE SLIP!!!

jmtd
03-20-2024, 01:14 PM
That closer tee is sufficiently minimal on the Welcome aspect

Mutilated
03-20-2024, 01:51 PM
Skateboards! Hahahaha

I feel like we're being trolled at this stage.

But hey, I guess a skateboard is better than a transparent plastic bag, right?

sonic_discord
03-20-2024, 02:11 PM
So strange for something like this to be worthy of an @everyone tag on the Discord as well as a teaser announcement leading up to it.

I caught the leak on Reddit minutes after it was posted, but I can definitely see how this might have gotten others excited thinking it was for something like a new song or even a new album. It's like when Tool posted a countdown and it was just for a new merch drop and everyone was pissed because they were expecting something more worthwhile.

paul_guyet
03-20-2024, 05:33 PM
C'mon Paul. Who is this for? Skaters. The mid-90s saw HUGE growth in skateboarding culture, coupled tightly with alternative & punk music, so there's not only a lot of actual nostalgia for that era from people who were teens back then, but it's also a bit of a fantastyland "man I wish I was around for the mid-90s" for a subset of kids today. A lot of my friends in central PA got into bands like Ministry because the music was used in skating compilation videos that they either picked up from the skate shop or maybe ordered from the back of Thrasher. (note: I've never actually thumbed through Thrasher) There's inherently a lot of fashion crossover too, whether the people wearing the clothes want to admit it or not. To put a finer point to it: last year, Tony Hawk sang a cover of Wish, and filmed a video, with a cameo from Trent.

Personally, I don't vibe with jogging pants, beach towels, umbrellas, or tote bags, but a "Ruiner" work shirt? That's kind of my shit.I guess I'm more wondering about the crossover of NIN fans and skaters. Normal people jog and use totes, towels, and umbrellas, whether or not there's a NIN logo on it probably doesn't matter that much. But, as you said, skaters in the 90s were into NIN, Ministry, etc. I know a few skaters, and to them, Nine Inch Nails is "the band that composer is in". Obviously, that's not ALL skaters, it just seems a bit specific?

And I'd totally fuck with a work shirt, depending on the size of that "welcome" logo.

thefragile_jake
03-21-2024, 12:17 AM
Yo I want that pig one

Swykk
03-21-2024, 08:14 AM
Wish I could’ve seen these shirt designs before they disappeared. I’ll be traveling tomorrow but hoping I can check in and get something if I like.

Volk
03-22-2024, 12:25 PM
Welcome's website has an extra design, limited to 250.
Zumiez site is not showing them at all.
Tactics.com had some, but are sold out. They were cheaper than the other sites and had free shipping.

thefragile_jake
03-22-2024, 01:05 PM
I might have to pick up that TDS sweater. I like that.

modelsynth
03-22-2024, 01:19 PM
https://shop.ccs.com/search?q=nin+welcome

ickyvicky
03-22-2024, 01:50 PM
I got the sweater

ickyvicky
03-22-2024, 02:41 PM
Zumiez now has everything on their website

otnavuskire
03-22-2024, 02:57 PM
I got all four decks. I like the sweater, but my wallet is already hurting after getting the decks.

sweeterthan
03-22-2024, 03:18 PM
i got the sweater and the hurt graphic t.

howdidislipinto
03-22-2024, 03:36 PM
i can't afford it right now, but in another reality i'd be wearing that sweater every xmas for the rest of my life.

Swykk
03-22-2024, 03:55 PM
I got the Hurt shirt.

I really like the Ruiner jacket but that’s something I’d need to feel and possibly try on before I got it.

ViN
03-22-2024, 04:08 PM
I got the work jacket and the Piggy shirt off Zumiez. Goddamn if I was still 13 I would have been all about getting an NIN deck and actually using it.

Normally I hate on Zumiez for being a bullshit mall chain skateshop, because of fucking course I hate that on principle, but in this case good on them for actually having this.

Not paying $99 for a hoodie when NIN themselves didn't even charge that much at the fucking concert.

mesamm99
03-22-2024, 05:38 PM
I just happened to walk by a Zumiez today in downtown Chicago. I’m in town for a concert tomorrow night (Orbital). I saw the hoodie in the window and thought that was weird so I walked in. The staff were all stoked about the “drop” and there was this buzz in the store about the clothing. In the end I didn’t like that the hoodie covered the NIN logo with “welcome” but it all looked really great and unique. Ended up picking up the jacket and tee. In the end I’m glad that it’s a new take in and band/brand I’m already in love with. For clarification the band and brand are both NIN. Never heard of welcome until today.

stlkr
03-22-2024, 06:37 PM
Managed to grab Ruiner workshirt. I would also buy MOTP shirt but costs of shipping to Poland is huge. I hope American L size is similar to European one.

scorpiusdiamond
03-22-2024, 06:39 PM
Anyone seen anything in the UK? Might have to find my credit card

Erneuert
03-23-2024, 01:48 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUqDHW0jmkw&pp=ygUjc291dGggcGFyayBpJ2xsIHVzZSBteSBjcmVkaXQgY2F yZCA%3D (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FUqDHW0jmkw&pp=ygUjc291dGggcGFyayBpJ2xsIHVzZSBteSBjcmVkaXQgY2F yZCA%3D)

jmtd
03-23-2024, 03:49 AM

I saw £ GBP prices on the main Welcome site. Right next to the “sold out” labels

Ax Mr. L
03-23-2024, 05:35 AM
This list of retailers was posted to NIN reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comments/1bl4o60/nin_x_welcome_stocklist/). And for the UK there's these stores listed:

Conflict Skates
Native
No Chaos
Route One
Skate East
Slam City
Slugger
Welcome Skate Store

scorpiusdiamond
03-23-2024, 05:56 AM
Awesome, there’s a Route One in my city so I’ll see if they’ve got anything in stock. Thanks all!

spahn
03-25-2024, 07:22 AM
I like that it seems not to be a limited run (unless I am mistaken) and will allow fans to obtain these post first day/week release instead of having to drop stupid money to snag it all up.

explodey
03-26-2024, 05:43 AM
Awesome, there’s a Route One in my city so I’ll see if they’ve got anything in stock. Thanks all!
Now up on the Route One (https://www.routeone.co.uk/collections/mens-clothing?filter.p.vendor=Welcome&filter.v.availability=1&filter.v.price.gte=&filter.v.price.lte=&sort_by=created-descending) site

scorpiusdiamond
03-27-2024, 03:34 AM
Now up on the Route One (https://www.routeone.co.uk/collections/mens-clothing?filter.p.vendor=Welcome&filter.v.availability=1&filter.v.price.gte=&filter.v.price.lte=&sort_by=created-descending) site

£150 for a hooded top… wow

explodey
03-28-2024, 04:58 AM
£150 for a hooded top… wow
Still not cheap, but there is a 20% off clothing code on their site today, which works with the Welcome x NIN stuff

All_The_Spoils
04-01-2024, 10:49 PM
Problem solved. Thank you.

Erneuert
04-01-2024, 11:23 PM
Anyone else’s OCD kicking in at the piggy one saying “everything is alright” instead of “all right”?

Toadflax
04-02-2024, 09:36 AM
Anyone else’s OCD kicking in at the piggy one saying “everything is alright” instead of “all right”?

Yes! It bugs me that alright has become an accepted spelling, maybe even the preferred spelling. Same with the Witchgang song.

Leviathant
04-02-2024, 09:41 AM
I'm not bothered by it - printed lyrics aren't scripture. From the start, there have been elements of the printed lyrics that haven't matched up with what's sung on record, and more than a few incongruities appear during live performances as well.

Allright and alright communicate the same thing. No one's writing out "all though" or "all ready" or "all most"

"Alright" as a written English word has been around at least as long as the mid-19th century.

Erneuert
04-03-2024, 12:34 AM
I'm not bothered by it - printed lyrics aren't scripture. From the start, there have been elements of the printed lyrics that haven't matched up with what's sung on record, and more than a few incongruities appear during live performances as well.

Allright and alright communicate the same thing. No one's writing out "all though" or "all ready" or "all most"

"Alright" as a written English word has been around at least as long as the mid-19th century.

I think I used to use “alright,” but then somewhere down the line I discovered that it wasn’t technically correct or accepted everywhere and I’ve tended to avoid it. One of those compartmentalised mental thingies.

spahn
04-03-2024, 08:43 AM
I guess its better than it reading "everything is a'ight"

ickyvicky
04-03-2024, 09:44 AM
Got my sweater yesterday. It's nice and heavy. Definitely worth it.

Toadflax
04-03-2024, 10:37 AM
I think I used to use “alright,” but then somewhere down the line I discovered that it wasn’t technically correct or accepted everywhere and I’ve tended to avoid it. One of those compartmentalised mental thingies.

It's that dumb pedantic thing we do where we recognize that language is invented by people and ever-evolving, but then when people invent new words or evolve the meaning of existing words, we get bent out of shape about it. :D

stlkr
04-04-2024, 05:16 AM
Got my sweater yesterday. It's nice and heavy. Definitely worth it.
I got an email yesterday, confirming shipment of RUINER workshirt to Poland, Europe has began. Hope they won't fuck up.

thefragile_jake
04-24-2024, 05:30 PM
Ordered the Burn skateboard on Monday and it already came in! Looking forward to hanging it up and putting it my office.