PDA

View Full Version : Night Verses

Self.Destructive.Pattern
03-15-2024, 03:20 AM
About time this band had their own thread.

Since their Inauguration into the metal world, Night Verses have always stood out for me. They were initially working with Tilian Pearson (Tides of Man, and Dance Gavin Dance vocalist), with the band formally known as "The Sound Archives." After a few demos, they moved onto another vocalist by the name of Marco Lira, who also departed. They were playing at a charity event, that Douglas Robinson (The Sleeping) was attending. Saw them perform, and was blown away. Approaching the guys after the show, they held a single practice session that same night, and Night Verses was born.

"Out of the Sky" EP was released, and the band hit the ground running. I was able to see them live, twice, during the support for the EP, and their gigantic debut album "Lift Your Existence." Their energy was huge, fueled by Douglas Robinsons electric stage presence, and their incredible musicianship.

After their second, more experimental album "Into The Vanishing Light" released, a year later, Douglas Robinson departed from the band, mutually to focus on his other band The Sleeping, and the 3 piece juggernaut we have now, was born. Copper Wasp EP formed into a full length album titled "From the Gallery of Sleep", and showcased the bands broadened, instrumental prowess, with a 14 track journey, that only held spoken word segments to showcase the concept the band was aiming for.

With the new, huge two part release "Every Sound Has a Color in the Valley of Night", sees a return of the vocal dynamic that fans have been clamoring for, even with the acceptance of the instrumental journey prior. Crashing into form with features from Brandon Boyd, and Anthony Green, who sing with the band in effortless unison, is such a breath of fresh air, and a pallet cleanser from the relentless crunching sequences we have been getting since Gallery. Don't let that fool you, for we also get features from Justin Chancellor in Part I, along with Author & Punisher in Part II, respectfully. These features show how the Alt/Metal world had accepted this band, that is still, somehow criminally underrated by its peers. Seems like Night Verses is here to stay.

To end, the Phoenix segments, that end every album (With the exception of From the Gallery of Sleep), puts forth what the band can conjure up in a single track that usually spans past the 8 minute mark. The band had this to say:

"Even though it's a pretty on-the-nose analogy, we always use the 'Phoenix' songs on each album as an attempt to raise the bar for ourselves musically," drummer Aric Improta (also of the Fever 333) says of the track. "We usually try and include all of our favorite ideas and most challenging passages in that one song. It also acts a personal time capsule, reminding us of what our peak level of musicality was during that cycle."

Nice little tidbit:

Every album seagues into one another, in a reverse order. The last track of the first album, seagues into the first track is the EP, and so forth. I made a little Playlist that kind of works:

Phoenix V

Cooper Wasp

Infinity Beach

The Future As History: I Love You Dead

Phoenix III:Into The Vanishing Light

Introducing:The Rot Under the Sun

Phoenix:1.Rising. 2.Falling

From The Shadows Where I'm Low.

https://youtu.be/tIidf7a5JSI?si=uPeD0jvPLRlLihC5

https://youtu.be/ATvJDijV5jA?si=h66ZCZE2bDSUrJO8

https://youtu.be/naeg1gwAyXI?si=3dZM5E_mIFXSSzzO

https://youtu.be/K8zvZN4gDGg?si=jvdLVOtydpXob_p6

Maximilian
03-21-2024, 12:03 PM
Though I can't put my thoughts as eloquently as yourself, I must say thank you for this. Listened to all the songs you posted and was very impressed. The drummer is insanely good!

Self.Destructive.Pattern
03-21-2024, 01:04 PM
Though I can't put my thoughts as eloquently as yourself, I must say thank you for this. Listened to all the songs you posted and was very impressed. The drummer is insanely good!

You're welcome! Ever since I randomly found their EP, surfing YouTube one night, I have been hooked, ever since! Every member is insanely talented, but the drummer Aric Improta stands out for me as well.