PDA

View Full Version : Oneohtrix Point Never

BRoswell
08-30-2023, 08:18 AM
Checked for thread. Didn't find one. Blah blah blah.

New album out next month!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kyFqe36BqM

Something Underneath
08-30-2023, 08:31 AM
OPN can be quite challenging. Garden of Delete took some real time to grow on me,outright disliked Age Of,kinda loved Magic from first listen. So no idea how will this album go for me personally.

Alpha 60
08-30-2023, 06:11 PM
When going through my records a while back I realized I have more OPN records than any other artist/group with the exception of Bowie, NIN/TR/AR, and Radiohead.
Which is weird because although I really like OPN I wouldn't say he is in my top 20 or anything.
I guess I should say Daniel Lopatin records not just OPN.

And I also feel hit or miss when his albums first come out but then over they just earworm me I guess because I got out my wallet a lot.

wizfan
10-01-2023, 08:49 AM
Holy shit, the new album. It's... something else.

BRoswell
10-01-2023, 09:40 AM
Holy shit, the new album. It's... something else.

Agreed. I really enjoyed it. My only complaint is releasing A Barely Lit Path beforehand. I feel like it would have hit harder as the finale of the album if I hadn't heard it before.

wizfan
10-01-2023, 10:35 AM
Agreed. I really enjoyed it. My only complaint is releasing A Barely Lit Path beforehand. I feel like it would have hit harder as the finale of the album if I hadn't heard it before.
Yeah, I never liked the notion of releasing the final track as a single. It's like putting out the ending of a movie as a promotional clip. The 5-track sampler of The Social Network also had the final track in there.

thefragile_jake
10-08-2023, 04:20 PM
New record is his best and most cohesive under OPN since Garden of Delete. A lot to dig into with this one, and I was surprised to see Pitchfork score it so low.

Really loved his suite he did for Panos Cosmatos' "the Viewing" last year too.

Something Underneath
10-22-2023, 03:52 AM
Finally got around Again,it's surprisingly easy to get into. Krumville is one of the best songs in his entire career.

BRoswell
10-22-2023, 11:01 AM
Krumville is one of the best songs in his entire career.

That track hit me especially hard after I read the lyrics for it.

Jinsai
10-22-2023, 06:32 PM
I was surprised to see Pitchfork score it so low.

Pitchfork being Pitchfork. The album's great.