PDA

View Full Version : Academy Awards

TheBang
01-24-2012, 02:27 PM
Bummed that Trent and Atticus didn't get nominated for an Oscar this year?

Why not relive their incredible win last year?

I pulled this off the DVR last year, but never had a chance to post it. From the HD broadcast, Trent and Atticus accepting their Oscars for TSN:

http://www.mediafire.com/?91ieg8p2jv8pyd0

miss k bee
02-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Nominated for a BAFTA though I don't think they will win tonight.

Deadpool
02-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Thank you very much, TheBang! Not only is it great to see the entire speech in HD, as opposed to an ultra-crude "I'm filming the TV with a Flip camera" rip, but did the broadcast edit some of their speech? I don't remember Trent thanking Mariqueen or TR & AR hugging for some reason. Also, I don't think the audio has ever been good enough for me to notice that the orchestra was playing "Hand Covers Bruise"! So cool. It's a very moving moment for a few reasons. Also cool to see little things like Steven Spielberg watch as they walk to the stage, or seeing Jackman shake their hands as they walk off-stage. Surreal and awesome. Still so happy they got this award, and it's great to have a good-quality document of the event at long last. Thanks again!

GoodSoldier333
02-12-2012, 07:53 PM
Thank you very much, TheBang! Not only is it great to see the entire speech in HD, as opposed to an ultra-crude "I'm filming the TV with a Flip camera" rip, but did the broadcast edit some of their speech? I don't remember Trent thanking Mariqueen or TR & AR hugging for some reason. Also, I don't think the audio has ever been good enough for me to notice that the orchestra was playing "Hand Covers Bruise"! So cool. It's a very moving moment for a few reasons. Also cool to see little things like Steven Spielberg watch as they walk to the stage, or seeing Jackman shake their hands as they walk off-stage. Surreal and awesome. Still so happy they got this award, and it's great to have a good-quality document of the event at long last. Thanks again!

Your TV must have really screwed you that night.

EDIT: Hans is in the clip too!

Deadpool
02-20-2012, 06:48 PM
Your TV must have really screwed you that night.

Goes to show how long it's been since I've seen the acceptance speech! Seriously though, I started watching the awards late that year, and sadly the first time I watched the speech was via a barely passable YouTube link - you'd think that we'd be beyond filming our TVs at this point, but I guess being the first link online is more important.