PDA

View Full Version : NIN songs that would make good set closers

Patrick_Nicholas
06-19-2022, 10:58 AM
Carrying over from a conversation in the 2022 tour thread.

Aside from Hurt, Head Like A Hole, and In This Twilight (with the Zero-Sum outro) - what songs do you think would make good ends to shows? Mainly songs that have never been played as closers, though there are rare some occasions in which a song other than the main three ended a show.

Some of these, mainly the heavier ones, could also replace Head Like A Hole as the last one before the encore:

Gave Up
Right Where It Belongs
And All That Could Have Been
Ringfinger
Hurt (pre-encore, with a tape of the studio version's outro)
The Background World (possibly with a jam that bears some resemblance to the loop)
We're In This Together
Burn
Zero-Sum
Over And Out (pre-encore, with a tape of the studio version's outro)
While I'm Still Here/Black Noise
The Day The World Went Away (AATCHB version).

Mainly songs with dramatic climaxes and noise/jam/drone endings, though they can sometimes be swapped for softer endings by just TR&AR.

Erneuert
06-19-2022, 11:46 AM
Leaving
Hope.

jmtd
06-19-2022, 04:50 PM
It’s been done, but, happiness in slavery

Burning bright

Disassociative
06-20-2022, 03:47 AM
Would Starfuckers Inc work?
Got the slow soft bridge in the middle for a minute to breathe then punches you in the face one last time for the final chorus and outro?

Something I Can Never Have worked too - although it’s one hell of a downer to end on. Night of Nothing show soundboard ends with it and the Self Destruct thing that leaked a couple of months ago (which is still on heavy rotation :D)

nooneimportant
06-20-2022, 04:50 AM
Would Starfuckers Inc work?
Got the slow soft bridge in the middle for a minute to breathe then punches you in the face one last time for the final chorus and outro?

Something I Can Never Have worked too - although it’s one hell of a downer to end on. Night of Nothing show soundboard ends with it and the Self Destruct thing that leaked a couple of months ago (which is still on heavy rotation :D)

I think they closed I Do Not Want This a few times on that tour too.

cdm
06-21-2022, 11:09 AM
While I'm Still Here/Black Noise

REALLY enjoyed this during Tension.