PDA

View Full Version : 2022.05.27 - Boston, MA @ Boston Calling Music Festival

TheBang
04-06-2022, 02:21 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FPrDfflXEAo198H?format=jpg&name=medium

otnavuskire
04-06-2022, 03:41 PM
Got a ticket after seeing this announcement. The lineup on that day does NOT look like it'll be a very NIN-friendly crowd. Could be interesting.

Fadeout54321
04-06-2022, 04:46 PM
Woo hoo! NIN Friday and Metallica Sunday...this is gunna rule!!

TinDefacto
04-11-2022, 05:03 PM
Never been to a music festival before... what's the probability they'll put on a show longer than an hour and that I'll be able to be anywhere near the stage if I come only for them?

TheBang
04-11-2022, 07:13 PM
Headliners usually get an hour and a half slot. If you come right when they're scheduled to perform, you'll probably have a hard time getting near the stage.

CRIMinal
04-12-2022, 05:16 AM
I've been fortunate enough to avoid getting covid and would like to continue that streak, but I am really wanting to see NIN. How concerned is everyone about it at a festival?

buckets of lube
04-12-2022, 09:03 AM
I've been fortunate enough to avoid getting covid and would like to continue that streak, but I am really wanting to see NIN. How concerned is everyone about it at a festival?

Just wear a comfortable KF94 mask; given that it is outdoors, you will be totally safe.

CRIMinal
04-12-2022, 03:47 PM
Just wear a comfortable KF94 mask; given that it is outdoors, you will be totally safe.

I kinda figured that would be the case. I just have to convince the wife of that.

otnavuskire
04-12-2022, 03:55 PM
I kinda figured that would be the case. I just have to convince the wife of that.

We're also at a point where whether we like it or not, we've decided as a country to just live with COVID. It's not going anywhere. Luckily with vaccines, the risks are incredibly low even if you catch it at this point. At some point you have to just accept that and move on with your life. Doesn't make me happy to say any of this, but it's where we are as a country, and it's not going to change. I say this as one of extremely few people who have continued to wear a mask at work. I also went to a concert in Boston this past Saturday and was one of extremely few people wearing a mask there.

buckets of lube
04-12-2022, 06:35 PM
FWIW, I've been to like 12 indoor concerts this year already, wore a KF94 at all of them, and didn't catch the covid.

CRIMinal
04-13-2022, 05:37 AM
We're also at a point where whether we like it or not, we've decided as a country to just live with COVID. It's not going anywhere. Luckily with vaccines, the risks are incredibly low even if you catch it at this point. At some point you have to just accept that and move on with your life. Doesn't make me happy to say any of this, but it's where we are as a country, and it's not going to change. I say this as one of extremely few people who have continued to wear a mask at work. I also went to a concert in Boston this past Saturday and was one of extremely few people wearing a mask there.

FWIW, I've been to like 12 indoor concerts this year already, wore a KF94 at all of them, and didn't catch the covid.

Yeah, it sucks that this where we are in this country. I'm still wearing a mask at my work (I see the bathroom habits of my coworkers) and whenever I go into a store. I know I am more cautious than I need to be, but I rather be safe than sorry on that front. Just trying to be as safe as possible. I am trying to figure out how to see NIN and Royal Blood at the House of Blues without too much risk. And god do I miss shows!

otnavuskire
04-13-2022, 05:51 AM
Yeah, it sucks that this where we are in this country. I'm still wearing a mask at my work (I see the bathroom habits of my coworkers) and whenever I go into a store. I know I am more cautious than I need to be, but I rather be safe than sorry on that front. Just trying to be as safe as possible. I am trying to figure out how to see NIN and Royal Blood at the House of Blues without too much risk. And god do I miss shows!

I'm with you on all fronts. If it makes you feel any better, I've been to about five shows since last fall and haven't gotten sick from them. I wore a mask to every one of them, even if they weren't required.

Fadeout54321
04-26-2022, 04:50 AM
Got an email from Bands In Town saying that RATM is now playing on Friday too?! I can't find anything from any of the official websites like RATM or Boston Calling or socials or anything but holy shit if this is true?! Going to be amazing!

otnavuskire
04-26-2022, 04:58 AM
Got an email from Bands In Town saying that RATM is now playing on Friday too?! I can't find anything from any of the official websites like RATM or Boston Calling or socials or anything but holy shit if this is true?! Going to be amazing!

Guessing that's based off an old entry in their system since Rage was one of the originally announced headliners. Doubt it's accurate.

EDIT: in fact, if you go to the listing for the event on the bands in town website, it also still lists Foo Fighters.

TheBang
04-26-2022, 05:05 AM
Nope. RATM was one of the original headliners, but they pulled out of the festival in Jan.

Fadeout54321
04-26-2022, 06:19 AM
I had tickets for the RATM Boston Calling date and canceled them for my money back when they dropped out. I wish I could post a screenshot of the email I got. The subject line is "Just announced: Rage Against the Machine @ Boston Calling Festival 2022". It would be awesome if they were both playing the same night but they also IMO are both headliners so it would be weird to have them both play on the same night. The Bands In Town website is also weird. It shows dates for RATM that are not correct for May of this year. I am going to go with their website is trash and delete the email...and hold out hope for possible awesomeness, haha!

CRIMinal
04-27-2022, 05:59 PM
I have to say, besides NIN, I have only heard of Avril Lavigne and Cheap Trick. I honestly wish they were playing Saturday with RTJ.

buckets of lube
04-28-2022, 11:03 AM
Rufus Du Sol plays the same day and has some bangers. Innerbloom in particular.

otnavuskire
05-06-2022, 04:40 AM
https://i.imgur.com/z4ZBzU3.jpg

Set times announced.

Fadeout54321
05-15-2022, 11:36 AM
Ticket prices are falling off the cliff and sellers are getting desperate. My wife and I are going Friday and Sunday. I picked up 2 3day vip wristbands for us for $450 total. I'm sure deals like these will keep popping up.

TinDefacto
05-16-2022, 11:59 AM
Ticket prices are falling off the cliff and sellers are getting desperate. My wife and I are going Friday and Sunday. I picked up 2 3day vip wristbands for us for $450 total. I'm sure deals like these will keep popping up.
Oh hell yes. Thank you so much for the heads up; just snagged a full weekend pass for $180 total! Feel bad buying from a reseller, but at least I can be happy that they're losing money. (I mean, if it wasn't an actual fan who just can't make it anymore.)

otnavuskire
05-26-2022, 03:27 PM
So quiet in here. Show is tomorrow! Who is excited?!

Worth noting, huge Celtics game also happening in Boston tomorrow night. Could effect traffic and the T. Plan accordingly.

FULLMETAL
05-26-2022, 07:44 PM
I really wish this one had a live stream. I’m kinda going through a little show withdrawal.

TinDefacto
05-27-2022, 08:10 AM
Can't believe this is today. Beyond excited!!

ScreamingSlave
05-27-2022, 12:59 PM
So excited !!!!!! heading out soon !!!

otnavuskire
05-27-2022, 02:06 PM
So excited !!!!!! heading out soon !!!

Nice! I just got home after playing 18 holes of disc golf and then going on a wild goose chase to find some supplies for my dog. Planning on resting for a bit and then probably leaving at 5 to drive to Alewife and take the T the rest of the way.

Disc golf may have been a mistake as I'm exhausted.

TinDefacto
05-27-2022, 07:47 PM
Just announced: The Strokes have a COVID case, so NIN is playing a second set tomorrow. Really sucks for Strokes fans (and the band), but !!!!!