PDA

View Full Version : 2022.09.11 - Berkeley, CA @ Greek Theatre

TheBang
02-07-2022, 02:49 PM
https://www.nin.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/2022_horiz_twitter_sized_FEB3_FIN6.jpg

LOVEANDZOMBIES
02-08-2022, 12:51 PM
Got mine! This venue's seating chart and actual photos look a little crazy though. Especially in a sort of post-pandemic world... Anybody been here for previous shows?

suprefan
02-08-2022, 01:40 PM
Got mine! This venue's seating chart and actual photos look a little crazy though. Especially in a sort of post-pandemic world... Anybody been here for previous shows?

Yep. Seen Radiohead, Daft Punk, Arcade Fire and now NIN there. Beautiful venue. The lower standing portion has all the steps so it inclines down so youll have a good view down there. People even go up in the back and watch from the trees overlooking the venue cause you can hear it.

cahernandez
02-08-2022, 02:39 PM
Yep. Seen Radiohead, Daft Punk, Arcade Fire and now NIN there. Beautiful venue. The lower standing portion has all the steps so it inclines down so youll have a good view down there. People even go up in the back and watch from the trees overlooking the venue cause you can hear it.

Daft Punk there? Which tour was it? I've only seen pictures of it and it looks real nice.

ekrekel
02-08-2022, 03:35 PM
Obviously not a seated event, but a couple pictures for reference.

Edit: Also capacity is 8,500

http://www.markstickets.com/images/venue/greek-theatre-uc-berkeley-tickets.jpg

https://bartable.bart.gov/sites/default/files/styles/body_width_/public/images/discoveries/greek.jpg?itok=IdxRWfrc

matt925
02-08-2022, 04:15 PM
I saw portishead there. Not crazy about ampitheaters but as far as they go this one is pretty good. Better than shoreline. If you aren’t sitting in the lower seats bring a cushion because the upper seating is just concrete slabs. I know I know who sits at a nin concert but it will be a long evening.

Toadflax
02-08-2022, 04:15 PM
Looks like a great venue. I wasn't going to get tickets, but my girlfriend's family lives up there, and it's a Sunday, so we decided we might as well!

LOVEANDZOMBIES
02-08-2022, 07:27 PM
If you aren’t sitting in the lower seats bring a cushion because the upper seating is just concrete slabs. I know I know who sits at a nin concert but it will be a long evening.

I mean we've got mom sweatshirts and dad hats, so I'm guessing official seat cushions aren't far behind...

https://store.nin.com/collections/featured/products/embroidered-crewneck-sweatshirt-white
https://store.nin.com/collections/featured/products/nin-logo-dad-hat

JessicaSarahS
02-09-2022, 02:59 AM
I’m so excited for this show!

suprefan
02-09-2022, 12:05 PM
Daft Punk there? Which tour was it? I've only seen pictures of it and it looks real nice.

Alive 2007. I had quite the back to back evenings of seeing Daft and then Smashing Pumpkins at the Fillmore during their residency the next night.

FYI the stage is quite high so being on the barrier is not ideal here unless its a must for you.

ekrekel
02-09-2022, 03:46 PM
Alive 2007. I had quite the back to back evenings of seeing Daft and then Smashing Pumpkins at the Fillmore during their residency the next night.

FYI the stage is quite high so being on the barrier is not ideal here unless its a must for you.

No Joke, it looks like it's 10'+ tall. Yikes.

Kid A
02-09-2022, 04:05 PM
I saw portishead there. Not crazy about ampitheaters but as far as they go this one is pretty good. Better than shoreline. If you aren’t sitting in the lower seats bring a cushion because the upper seating is just concrete slabs. I know I know who sits at a nin concert but it will be a long evening.
This venue is GREAT in my opinion. I've flown across the country to see 3 shows there. Gonna be a killer NIN show. For those going, I recommend getting one of the "throne" seats. Great sightline and the sound is perfect.

arsenic
02-10-2022, 06:50 PM
I'm going!
The venue looks cool

buckets of lube
02-10-2022, 09:32 PM
This venue is GREAT in my opinion. I've flown across the country to see 3 shows there. Gonna be a killer NIN show. For those going, I recommend getting one of the "throne" seats. Great sightline and the sound is perfect.

Any risk of late-comers blocking your views from those thrones?

Flying in from the East Coast, cannot wait!

ekrekel
02-11-2022, 08:44 AM

looks like you're right at the edge of a drop off, I'm guessing no.

Kid A
02-11-2022, 08:52 AM

Nope!

LOVEANDZOMBIES
02-11-2022, 05:39 PM
Could someone point out the thrones in the photo? Not sure what you mean exactly. Also, on another note - looks like ticket prices have doubled today.

suprefan
02-11-2022, 05:53 PM
Could someone point out the thrones in the photo? Not sure what you mean exactly. Also, on another note - looks like ticket prices have doubled today.

platinum pricing is due to the algorithm adjusting the price due to demand.

ekrekel
02-11-2022, 06:29 PM
I’ll modify my previous statement. Those seem like they’d be nice if everyone sat on the stairs but I don’t see that happening

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMXq10lByka/?utm_medium=share_sheet

@LOVEANDZOMBIES (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=661)

burninglard
02-11-2022, 07:16 PM
Got a ticket! Live in the Bay Area for 10 years yet this is my first show at this venue. Seems really cool. It’s crazy because at the begging of the year I said to myself “I can’t think of anyone I must see right now?” Boy, was I wrong, lol. Seeing Basinski in 2 weeks. Now this NIN show. Plus I’m going to seeing Grouper in May. Lol, guess I can’t be a hermit forever.

bobbie solo
03-04-2022, 03:38 AM
saw Beastie Boys here in 2006. Was a magical night that I think about often. You're all in for a treat.

fishtifer
05-13-2022, 08:05 AM
How does General Admission for the entire venue work for this location? Do you have to line up a 6am to get close to the stage? Debating between this show and Vegas, have to fly from Canada...

buckets of lube
05-13-2022, 09:53 AM
How does General Admission for the entire venue work for this location? Do you have to line up a 6am to get close to the stage? Debating between this show and Vegas, have to fly from Canada...

From what I gather, people do line up hours before doors open for the best spots. But I also read that the stage is really high off the ground, so if you are too close to the stage you won't get as good of a view.

cahernandez
09-11-2022, 10:53 AM
Really excited about the show tonight, you guys and girls enjoy yourselves! Do any of you know if food is sold at the venue?

suprefan
09-11-2022, 11:44 AM
Really excited about the show tonight, you guys and girls enjoy yourselves! Do any of you know if food is sold at the venue?

yeah but nothing crazy.

so im assuming there isnt any insane lining ip happening for this show.

Toadflax
09-11-2022, 07:24 PM
im assuming there isnt any insane lining up happening for this show.

RON HOWARD: There was.

suprefan
09-11-2022, 08:07 PM
RON HOWARD: There was.

I was kidding.

Throne Life is the best life