PDA

View Full Version : Syndicate

MAD
01-18-2012, 09:55 AM
The reboot of an old game!
http://www.ea.com/syndicate

2069 - no longer governed by politicians, the developed world is divided up into regions controlled by mega-corporations known as syndicates. these syndicates have revolutionized how the consumer interacts with the digital world. no longer does the consumer require a device to access the world’s data and control their technology, they can do this at the blink of an eye via neural chip implant.

civilians flocked to be “chip’d” and enjoy all that their selected syndicate has to offer; housing, medical, banking, insurance, education, entertainment and jobs. one complete package. one complete lifestyle. in return, the syndicates gained unprecedented insights, and control, over the individual and their behaviour. with little governmental oversight, business has become war. the syndicates will stop at nothing for ultimate market dominance.

at the front line of this war are the agents, the syndicate’s bio-engineered and chip-augmented enforcers. they can breach anything in the wired dataverse including their enemies, their weapons and the environment that surrounds them, making them the most efficient and deadly technological weapons in the world. take on the role of miles kilo, eurocorp’s latest prototype agent, and embark on a brutal action adventure of corruption and revenge.

Latest trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8IMWusRsFJw

jmtd
01-18-2012, 11:13 AM
Looks like it's going to be made into a mid-rate FPS. Disappointing.

Much more exciting: GOG releasing the original Syndicate. Although it's just the DOS version inside DOSBox I bet.

http://www.gog.com/en/news/syndicate_on_gog_com_on_19th_of_january_plus_a_con test

MAD
01-18-2012, 11:42 AM
It's disappointing only if you're thinking at this game as being the same game you once played.

Clearly it's something else.

jmtd
01-18-2012, 12:55 PM
No, it's disappointing because it's part of a series of old IPs that are being revitalised but transformed into fps at the same time. See also: xcom. Of course, neither game is out and either could surprise me, but we've seen legions of FPSs over the last decade, and how many decent isometric strategy games? Or turn-based strategy ones?

MAD
01-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Jagged Alliance. Remake, true, but hey, it's better than nothing.

Piko
01-18-2012, 06:13 PM
From the trailers and so on, it seems pretty cool. Reminds me alot of Deus Ex though, and I was pretty mixed on that one. This is going onto my "maybe" list.

Kodiak33
01-19-2012, 07:42 AM
I liked Syndicate Wars alot, it was fucking hard though.

jmtd
01-22-2012, 05:30 AM
I've started replaying the original Syndicate (even bought it from GOG). About three missions in. I'm going to try and persevere, I think first time around on the Amiga I just fucked about.

Chris_CDN
01-23-2012, 01:41 PM
Jagged Alliance. Remake, true, but hey, it's better than nothing.

Aye, but initial reports say it's crap. Shame, because I loved the originals.

Corvus T. Cosmonaut
01-23-2012, 07:32 PM
It's disappointing only if you're thinking at this game as being the same game you once played.

Clearly it's something else.
You're absolutely right: from the looks of the trailer, it's a mid-rate FPS.

fritzon
01-25-2012, 04:08 PM
I've got such high hopes for this one mainly because Starbreeze is developing the game, I LOVED the badassery in their previous efforts (The Darkness and Escape from Butcher Bay.)

Piko
02-21-2012, 09:46 PM
Has anyone else picked this one up? It's pretty fun so far. Story could be a little more though.

Jinsai
02-22-2012, 01:26 AM
I love cyberpunk stuff, but I'm REALLY getting burned out on first person shooters. If it was any other kind of game, I'd be infinitely more interested in it.

MAD
02-22-2012, 01:35 AM
HOLY CRAP THIS GAME IS AWESOME.

Now that it's out, I can safely say I was one of the luckiest people to do some quality assurance on the game even before it was pushed into real QA.

HAR HAR! HIPSTER!

Seriously, this game is awesome in both SP and COOP and it's worth every penny. I was asked yesterday on which platform I want the game on and I picked PC. So dear PC gamers, as soon as I get mine, I will do some COOP with you.

Piko
02-22-2012, 07:57 AM
I love cyberpunk stuff, but I'm REALLY getting burned out on first person shooters. If it was any other kind of game, I'd be infinitely more interested in it.

Same. Haven't been able to bring myself to pick up CoD of BF3 in a long while now. The occasional FPS with an actual story and not all "super-serious" army oriented. If it's fun and single-player, I'll play it. Story's pretty non-existent so far though.

MAD
02-22-2012, 08:34 AM
^ Are you reading the infobank?

Space Suicide
02-22-2012, 10:17 AM
This had potential to be a cool game from the looks of it but I heard the demo was extremely laggy and glitchy so I took that into consideration for the time being. I'll buy it eventually later on down the road after it's been out for a bit.

EA snags another one. Bleh.

Does this have any 'online passcode' shit like their other games have the tendency to do now?

Edit: Just found out it doesn't, thank god.

Piko
02-22-2012, 02:33 PM
^ Are you reading the infobank?

No, not yet. Guessing I should? I usually do, though. I think it's been pretty fun so far. Story has yet to pick up (excluding the infobank). Gameplay-wise, it's been a blast thus far.