PDA

View Full Version : 2022.04.30 - Atlanta, GA @ Shaky Knees Festival

sweeterthan
11-10-2021, 10:55 AM
Nine Inch Nails is playing Shakey Knees Festival April 30. 2022
https://www.shakykneesfestival.com

1-Day & 3-Day Tickets On Sale Thursday, November 11 at 10am ET!

K-Rice
11-10-2021, 11:27 AM
NIN and Chvrches together is one of my dream lineups and it’s in my hometown. Getting VIP tickets for Saturday.

m0reta
11-10-2021, 08:50 PM
To make it fast, go here and get an account/payment set up now:

https://shakyknees.frontgatetickets.com/

Then it should have listings tomorrow after 10am EST.

If you used Front Gate for any other festival shows lately, you should likely be able to use the same login here. No promises on my end though!

sweeterthan
11-11-2021, 08:20 AM
woke up with anxiety about this show. feels alright.

m0reta
11-11-2021, 09:05 AM
Success! See you squares there!

sweeterthan
11-11-2021, 09:07 AM
we got our tix too. having a nin show to look forward to (and worry about) is the energy boost i needed.

tcrudolph
11-11-2021, 09:43 AM
Tickets obtained, pumped to see everybody there

sonic_discord
11-11-2021, 10:52 AM
How likely is this to sell out anytime soon? I'm on the fence and would like to wait a bit to see what else pops up.

buckets of lube
11-11-2021, 12:34 PM
How likely is this to sell out anytime soon? I'm on the fence and would like to wait a bit to see what else pops up.

No idea but you can likely get resale tickets for face value (or even below).

Final cost for a GA Saturday pass including wristband shipping was $145.98, but fuck it. Super excited.

buckets of lube
12-21-2021, 02:18 PM
Anybody know how walkable it is from Central Park to downtown at night? I found a good deal for the Ritz Carlton hotel there, but am wondering about safety and if it'd be better to get a rideshare or taxi after the show.

sweeterthan
12-22-2021, 07:42 AM
Anybody know how walkable it is from Central Park to downtown at night? I found a good deal for the Ritz Carlton hotel there, but am wondering about safety and if it'd be better to get a rideshare or taxi after the show.

personally i would say no it’s not a safe walk between the two locations. there used to be a large homeless shelter by the area where the ritz is. it was closed a few years ago and now there’s a street population of homeless people in the area. it’s fine if you keep your distance and you’d probably be ok. but there’s a lot of them. it overwhelms me sometimes when i see them. i try to stay away from the area of peachtree and pine streets if i’m alone (or in general). i haven’t been by since last year but there’s usually a large group around the closed shelter. there have always been panhandlers and people in the streets but the homeless population in atlanta exploded since the pandemic. so many without basic necessities and the largest shelter closed. it’s a sad situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buckets of lube
12-27-2021, 01:22 PM
personally i would say no it’s not a safe walk between the two locations. there used to be a large homeless shelter by the area where the ritz is. it was closed a few years ago and now there’s a street population of homeless people in the area. it’s fine if you keep your distance and you’d probably be ok. but there’s a lot of them. it overwhelms me sometimes when i see them. i try to stay away from the area of peachtree and pine streets if i’m alone (or in general). i haven’t been by since last year but there’s usually a large group around the closed shelter. there have always been panhandlers and people in the streets but the homeless population in atlanta exploded since the pandemic. so many without basic necessities and the largest shelter closed. it’s a sad situation.

Thanks for the heads-up. Would Midtown be a better place to stay in for walking purposes from Central Park?

somewhat_
12-27-2021, 03:15 PM
I’m really thinking about doing this, but at this point I’m waiting until the last minute to book anything (tickets, hotel, flight). If this past years shows are any indication, then this has an NIN cancellation written all over it. [emoji20]

sweeterthan
12-27-2021, 03:18 PM
I’m really thinking about doing this, but at this point I’m waiting until the last minute to book anything (tickets, hotel, flight). If last years shows are any indication, then this has an NIN cancellation written all over it. [emoji20]

probably a good idea. a concert i was supposed to attend thursday just got postponed for a whole year. gotta say. i’m fucking over covid.

DVYDRNS
01-01-2022, 05:40 PM
I'm pretty sure this won't happen. especially in Georgia, where people DGAF about vaccinations and masks.

sweeterthan
01-02-2022, 08:56 AM
I'm pretty sure this won't happen. especially in Georgia, where people DGAF about vaccinations and masks.

yes but the artists make these calls too. i live in the suburbs of atlanta. i’ve watched everyone and their mom go to events without masks and with total ease. a concert i bought tickets to in july for december 30 was cancelled by the artists on december 27 because the numbers are increasing rapidly here. there are no mask mandates here and no lockdowns but there are people who get it.

Shaky Knees will probably happen but how many artists will cancel between now and then? maybe there won’t be a surge then. i really want to see nin but i can’t get my hopes up anymore. the crushing disappointment of the last week has me feeling bitter about covid. what is even the point of having elections if these officials can’t do their fucking jobs and protect public health? i don’t understand why we are letting the least qualified people make decisions that put us all in limbo indefinitely.

DVYDRNS
01-02-2022, 11:01 AM
ah yea I should have worded it differently. I was essentially saying the same thing as you.

as in... I'm pretty sure this show won't happen. because : reasons.

TheBang
01-02-2022, 06:58 PM
Well, going by South Africa, the arc of an Omicron surge takes about 2 months from beginning to end. So, based on that, case levels in Georgia should be down to a normal-ish level by the end of February. A lot can happen in two months between Feb. and Apr. though. Another surge or another variant? It seems like the best time to plan something (like a trip or a concert) is on the downslope of a surge, and no more than 2 months out.

suprefan
02-10-2022, 01:11 PM
schedules out

https://assets-global.website-files.com/5e90fab555a54a034bd768a0/62053ba9dbff317e9e0efe56_SK22_1080x1920_gridSAT_02 0822.png

buckets of lube
02-10-2022, 01:19 PM
Guess I'll do something like DJO (Joe Keery from Stranger Things) --> Guided By Voices --> Molchat Doma --> Kurt Vile --> Chvrches --> NIN.

Sucks to skip King Gizzard and Japanese Breakfast, but I can see those at Primavera Sound and getting a prime spot for NIN takes precedence.

fillow
02-10-2022, 01:27 PM
Whoa, a band from my country plays there (Molchat Doma). Amazing achievement to make it to the west, being from such a place. I struggle to come up with any other band from Belarus that toured anywhere farther than in post-Soviet countries.

Kid A
02-10-2022, 03:04 PM
Wonder why TR only wants to do these 90 min sets nowadays. MMJ and Green Day both have longer sets at this fest.

buckets of lube
02-10-2022, 03:17 PM
Wonder why TR only wants to do these 90 min sets nowadays. MMJ and Green Day both have longer sets at this fest.

The 2018 standalone shows also lasted only 90 minutes, so I'll take it.

somewhat_
03-23-2022, 04:31 PM
Even though I originally planned on backing out of this when the additional dates were announced, this one is looking very likely for me now. Anyone else doing VIP?

magnolia
03-31-2022, 12:19 AM
Even though I originally planned on backing out of this when the additional dates were announced, this one is looking very likely for me now. Anyone else doing VIP?

[emoji2324]

somewhat_
03-31-2022, 08:57 AM
[emoji2324]

Cool! See you there! Are you planning on using the VIP viewing areas for NIN or trying to get close to stage with GA?

magnolia
04-07-2022, 10:07 AM
Cool! See you there! Are you planning on using the VIP viewing areas for NIN or trying to get close to stage with GA?
We sprung for the one day Platinum, because my husband is a cranky bastard who hates crowds in general, so we'll probably stick to those viewing areas, yeah. We're going to hit Nashville the next night, too, so will have plenty of good viewing opportunities. : )

magnolia
04-07-2022, 10:15 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220407/2e602b2d845aeeb70b8b1d0c95742a63.jpg
Food vendors announced. Somebody local wanna tell us what’s good??

buckets of lube
04-07-2022, 05:50 PM
Island Noodles is at a lot of other festivals and is generally a decent choice.

somewhat_
04-07-2022, 09:31 PM
We sprung for the one day Platinum, because my husband is a cranky bastard who hates crowds in general, so we'll probably stick to those viewing areas, yeah. We're going to hit Nashville the next night, too, so will have plenty of good viewing opportunities. : )

I completely understand hating crowds [emoji4]. Sounds like you guys will have a different/better viewing area than my measly regular vip area. If you feel like saying hi sometime throughout the day I’ll probably be hanging in the regular vip. Not sure if you remember, but we met previously at panorama and riot fest in 2017. I’m heading to the Tennessee show the next day too… got a good reserved seat for that one.

magnolia
04-07-2022, 11:46 PM
I completely understand hating crowds [emoji4]. Sounds like you guys will have a different/better viewing area than my measly regular vip area. If you feel like saying hi sometime throughout the day I’ll probably be hanging in the regular vip. Not sure if you remember, but we met previously at panorama and riot fest in 2017. I’m heading to the Tennessee show the next day too… got a good reserved seat for that one.

I do remember! Will definitely try to find you so we can chat all things NIИ [emoji4] We are going to go fairly early, not maybe at gate open, but not long after. Want to make the most of the day & check everything out!

somewhat_
04-09-2022, 08:34 AM
I do remember! Will definitely try to find you so we can chat all things NIИ [emoji4] We are going to go fairly early, not maybe at gate open, but not long after. Want to make the most of the day & check everything out!

Sounds good! As long as my flight cooperates I will be there early as well. Have to take advantage of the full day of vip perks [emoji4].

Now I just need to refrain from checking the set list from the Raleigh show so I can go in without any possible spoilers for this and Tennessee (probably won’t be able to do it [emoji6]).

buckets of lube
04-10-2022, 03:26 PM
Ha, I always look at setlists in advance as well. Gonna do my best not to check Raleigh's setlist as well.

sweeterthan
04-11-2022, 01:38 PM
I feel like there's absolutely no way that I will be able to resist peeking at that Raleigh set list. I also think there's no way the set list will be the same for this festival date.

somewhat_
04-12-2022, 11:13 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220412/913db7a7a452916a026f2dc77a723959.jpg
Map is up

K-Rice
04-20-2022, 07:02 PM
So excited for my 10th NIN show! I’ll be going solo and probably gonna chill in the VIP area till NIN’s set. Down to share a drink and talk concerts/NIN/life with anybody else there. Early weather forecast is calling for thunderstorms during the day but hopefully should clear by night.

buckets of lube
04-21-2022, 10:30 AM
Hmm, I assume that the festival site would be evacuated in the event of thunderstorms.

bobbie solo
04-23-2022, 02:05 AM
Hmm, I assume that the festival site would be evacuated in the event of thunderstorms.

I assume they evacuate your mom in the event of thunderstorms.

Kid Charlemagne
04-26-2022, 10:28 PM
Taking off to Atlanta on Thursday. Probably going to catch Jack White at Tabernacle on Thursday and hit up the fest all weekend.

Roll call, who’s going?

sweeterthan
04-27-2022, 10:38 AM
i’ll be there on friday for sure. i’ll be looking for all of you.

buckets of lube
04-27-2022, 11:11 AM
Just doing the Saturday. If there's some kind of get-together during some crappy set, I'd love to say hi.

buckets of lube
04-27-2022, 11:46 AM
Part of me is tempted to forego a spot at the front for NIN in order to see King Gizzard, since I am also planning to see NIN in Tennessee and Philly... what would you all do?

Kid Charlemagne
04-27-2022, 01:12 PM
Part of me is tempted to forego a spot at the front for NIN in order to see King Gizzard, since I am also planning to see NIN in Tennessee and Philly... what would you all do?
I’ve seen NIN plenty of times, so I’m not too worried about getting a spot for them. I plan on seeing King Gizzard and leaving during the last 10 minutes of their set in order to make sure I get to NIN with plenty of time.

K-Rice
04-28-2022, 07:53 PM
Dammit I can’t even go on the internet without coming across set list spoilers from Raleigh already. It’s gonna be a long 48 hours trying to avoid any more.

somewhat_
04-29-2022, 09:05 AM
As I expected, I failed with the set list spoilers. Flying out to Atlanta tomorrow morning…. Starting to get anxious and excited

sweeterthan
04-29-2022, 07:12 PM
merch is already for sale. in line right now to get my broken hoodie and tote.

m0reta
04-29-2022, 10:54 PM
Free fist bumps for any body who says hello!

Kid Charlemagne
04-29-2022, 11:36 PM
Anyone coming in tomorrow, bring a bandanna because the dust killed me, take Claritin if you have bad allergies. Also, toilet paper. Great first day though, Godspeed and Green Day(!) were great tonight.

sweeterthan
04-30-2022, 06:18 AM
Free fist bumps for any body who says hello!

me for sure. i promise to be social today. once we get going, i’ll post a pic so you can recognize me.

Anyone coming in tomorrow, bring a bandanna because the dust killed me, take Claritin if you have bad allergies. Also, toilet paper. Great first day though, Godspeed and Green Day(!) were great tonight.
yes the dust was harsh! i definitely felt it in some places and i’m on three fucking allergy meds.

K-Rice
04-30-2022, 10:53 AM
Getting on MARTA now. Will probably be chilling in the VIP most of the day, down to meet up and chill with anybody there.

Kid Charlemagne
04-30-2022, 11:06 AM
I’ll be in a blue Sixers Joel Embiid jersey shirt, grey shorts and a red hat. Getting a slow start before I make it in for Guided by Voices.

K-Rice
04-30-2022, 11:21 AM
I’ll probably check out Guided by Voices. I’m in a Pink Floyd bowling-style shirt, Slipknot bandanna, black shorts and boots.

somewhat_
04-30-2022, 11:25 AM
I’m at vip peach tree. Blueish ETS shirt

Edit: vip viewing area is much better than map shows

otnavuskire
04-30-2022, 11:33 AM
Anyone there know if they're doing a poster for this show?

sweeterthan
04-30-2022, 11:34 AM
i don’t think there’s a poster for this one.

m0reta
04-30-2022, 12:47 PM
The Shaky Knees official poster is pretty nice.

As for NIN merch, they have olive shirt, white nin logo shirt, nin logo tote, and nin logo hat. If I missed anything, hopefully someone can confirm. :-)

sweeterthan
04-30-2022, 12:49 PM
The Shaky Knees official poster is pretty nice.

As for NIN merch, they have olive shirt, white nin logo shirt, nin logo tote, and nin logo hat. If I missed anything, hopefully someone can confirm. :-)

the coveted broken hoodie

K-Rice
04-30-2022, 12:59 PM
Damn VIP viewing area is better than I expected. Well worth the extra cost.

magnolia
04-30-2022, 02:07 PM
We’re going to plod around some, but otherwise make the most of our bougie Platinum shit. This was worth the upgrade, I gotta say. About to watch an acoustic set by Reignwolf.

I’m in a long black sleeveless dress, blonde hair. Please feel free to say hi if you see me around, I love meeting everyone! Probably followed closely by huscat, he’s in black shorts & hat + a grey Rage shirt.

K-Rice
04-30-2022, 02:55 PM
Guided By Voices was fun. I’m gonna be at the top of the VIP viewing area till CHRVCES if anybody wants to say hi.

FULLMETAL
04-30-2022, 03:59 PM
So, the consensus is the VIP upgrade is worthwhile. Good to know for future reference. Hope everyone has a kick-ass show & safe travels! See y’all in Franklin.

K-Rice
04-30-2022, 04:04 PM
So, the consensus is the VIP upgrade is worthwhile. Good to know for future reference. Hope everyone has a kick-ass show & safe travels! See y’all in Franklin.
I got back into the festival scene last year and so far VIP’s been worth it every time. Quicker entry, discount or even free drinks, good viewing areas, better quality restrooms. And most of them will do a layaway plan if you buy tickets early.

sweeterthan
04-30-2022, 04:52 PM
i finally made it. i’m wearing all black so i should be easy to spot.

K-Rice
04-30-2022, 04:58 PM
i finally made it. i’m wearing all black so i should be easy to spot.

Wearing all black to a NIN show…There’s dozens of us!

K-Rice
04-30-2022, 05:04 PM
I’m at the festival solo. Found a good spot at the top of the VIP deck if anybody wants to help me camp it out. Skipping the pit this time.

Reaps
04-30-2022, 05:15 PM
Wish i had the nerve to go solo, i had to pull out of the Manchester gig because of that.. Regret ensues.

SM Rollinger
04-30-2022, 05:34 PM
Guys I probably go to more shows solo nowadays than I do with people.

paul_is_dead
04-30-2022, 06:04 PM
Nearly all the shows I've been to in my life have been solo. No regrets.