PDA

View Full Version : NIN Live 2022 SPOILERS

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

witte
04-30-2022, 04:59 AM
What a great shot. And happy to see a lot of familiar faces railing...

Patrick_Nicholas
04-30-2022, 07:11 AM
Just noticed TR didn’t sing the “nah nah nah”s at the end of TDTWWA. Is this a first for that too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2RFdC44Evw (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_2RFdC44Evw)

I think this started in 2017, after switching back to the album version (first played in 2014) following a brief revival of the 2009 version.

botley
04-30-2022, 07:53 AM
Another asshole shot the whole show on his fucking phone (further back):

https://youtu.be/FtlnZC-Jpqk

fillow
04-30-2022, 10:42 AM
Another asshole shot the whole show on his fucking phone (further back):

These assholes gonna leave me out of work!

Or should I proceed with multicam edit anyway?

dominik
04-30-2022, 12:37 PM
I saw Nitzer Ebb last Sunday in Vienna and that was really awesome - so for the people attending shows that have Nitzer Ebb as support band, have fun! Really cool. :)

m0reta
04-30-2022, 02:14 PM
Oohhh lights. Not the Raleigh ones. I think I remember them w/ CB&I Part One.

Sorry about size/orientation. Will fix after Franklin.

cdm
04-30-2022, 02:18 PM
Oohhh lights. Not the Raleigh ones. I think I remember them w/ CB&I Part One.

I think I've seen those at Stop N Shop over the rotisserie chickens!

suprefan
04-30-2022, 05:25 PM
Does anyone know if any of these shows will be live streamed? (I'm thinking maybe the Festival shows in particular)

possibly Boston Calling. But not Shaky Knees.

AThousandDaysBefore
04-30-2022, 06:15 PM
Come on Trent
Its time for Zoo Station, Mantra, Sanity Assasin, Amtosphere, 24 Hours plus Everything, Where is Everybody, We're in this together, Some ghosts, Underneath it All, No You Don't , In Two, I Would For You, the Line Begins to Blur, Getting Smaller You Know what you are with Robin....
Your heart wanna do it

m0reta
04-30-2022, 06:22 PM
Oohhh lights. Not the Raleigh ones. I think I remember them w/ CB&I Part ...

Well they are gone now. I guess they were Mt Joy's. My bad!

m0reta
04-30-2022, 07:51 PM
Same setup!

thefragile_jake
04-30-2022, 08:32 PM
They picked a solid opener tonight

ryanmcfly
04-30-2022, 09:14 PM
Heresy has returned!!

ickyvicky
04-30-2022, 09:34 PM
One of my good friends is at Shaky Knees right now. Sending me clips through SnapChat. Totally jealous. Mr. Self Destruct and Heresy are two big ones.

K-Rice
04-30-2022, 11:23 PM
Just got my phone charged after it died during HtF at Shaky Knees. Great festival show, mostly
hits but with some good deep cuts thrown in. Band sounded great. A little different setup with Ilan on left side of stage and Atticus in the middle. Setlist:

Mr Self Destruct
Wish
Less Than
March of the Pigs
The Frail
The Wretched
Sin
Piggy
Closer
Copy of A
Heresy
Burn
Survivalism
The Perfect Drug
Im Afraid of Americans
Gave Up
Hand That Feeds
Head Like a Hole
Hurt

Don’t think I missed any but some might be out of order. Highlight was Sin and Heresy. I was in line for the bathroom during Copy of A and ran back to the VIP pit when I heard Heresy start up. Afraid of Americans was great to see too.

sweeterthan
04-30-2022, 11:34 PM
Heresy has returned!!

hersey was my favorite part. mind blown. playing that song to 30k people in my home city in the bible belt felt fucking validating. the setlist flowed great. it sucks we didn’t get ediets which was apparently on the setlist according to @ninlive (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1141) !

the whole festival experience was better than i thought it would be. the crowd was nice and people were into it. i’m sure new fans were made tonight. the sound was fucking great too. i couldn't really see the stage at all most of the time but every once in awhile, the crowd would part and i get a peek at one of the guys way up there.

i’m so grateful to meet a few of you tonight and see some friends i haven’t seen in awhile. i’ll post more in the sk thread tomorrow.

ratm.live
04-30-2022, 11:41 PM
I feel really bad for everybody that was behind this asshole holding his phone in the air for literally the *entire* fucking show.

I filmed that video. It was filmed chest height for nearly all of it with the screen off and I asked everyone around me prior if it was cool if I held up the camera occasionally and that they could tap me and tell me to stop if in any way I got in the way. So cheers botley, glad you enjoyed it :)

variablebitrate
05-01-2022, 02:18 AM
I filmed that video. It was filmed chest height for nearly all of it with the screen off and I asked everyone around me prior if it was cool if I held up the camera occasionally and that they could tap me and tell me to stop if in any way I got in the way. So cheers botley, glad you enjoyed it :)

Thank you for taking the care to do this and capturing the first show back in 4K, plus being the first (I think) with audio up for both nights. Jealous of you @ninlive (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1141), and Hahninator getting to see it in person, but really grateful you guys have been letting everyone else experience it though your efforts.

fillow
05-01-2022, 02:26 AM
Full Shaky Knees video is up already.

https://youtu.be/tZq_1VYr9ws

Missing Hurt, but it's uploaded separately by the same user.

nooneimportant
05-01-2022, 03:46 AM
They might wanna tone it down a bit on the strobe lights. Mr. Self Destruct and Wish back to back is nuts. I've seen alot of NIN footage but that Shaky Knees video has some crazy ass lights to the point where it's kinda hard to watch but I blame the persons camera more than anything. One thing I've noticed over the years is that NIN's lights always seem to not play nice with some peoples cameras.

What's up with that LED light bar above them? It was originally higher up in Raleigh.

fillow
05-01-2022, 04:31 AM
Alessandro looks metal as fuck on this tour. Long hair + beard = epic win. Keep it on.

I see The Perfect Drug is back to the classic colors (green -> blue at the end). I guess they will keep on tweaking things with lighting through the whole tour (as they actually did in 2017/18 too, there were subtle changes to most of the songs as the tour went on).

scorpiusdiamond
05-01-2022, 06:28 AM
What's up with that LED light bar above them? It was originally higher up in Raleigh.

Hazarding a guess: different venues have different (safe) trim heights, so if they're performing at non-arena venues especially the height of rigged things can vary wildly.

Saw this on setlist.fm for Shaky Knees:

Note: 'Every Day Is Exactly the Same' was on the written setlist after 'The Perfect Drug', but was not played
Let's hope it was a timing thing rather than a "I'm sick of this track already" thing

cdm
05-01-2022, 07:29 AM
Alessandro looks metal as fuck on this tour. Long hair + beard = epic win. Keep it on.

He sure does. I haven't cut my hair since Jan '20 and I've joked I'm going for the Dave Grohl. The Cortini will take a bit more explaining but I may go with it.

paul_is_dead
05-01-2022, 09:36 AM
Where is Bad Witch??

Horican
05-01-2022, 09:52 AM
This is obviously petty - I’m not at the shows, I’m sure they’re great!
but I am slightly bummed by them having very little recent material, and mot much of a dramatic flow. Like one of the great things about nin live, including in the last tour, is that they can be crazy aggressive, and then make time stop, be really still and hypnotic in a way that is almost provocative, but also totally works. It’s not really a complaint - I’m sure the shows are fantastic! But I hope to see more of that ebb and flow in the future

sweeterthan
05-01-2022, 10:11 AM
word on the street is it’s coming and of course that’s prefaced with “soon”. they gonna make us continue to wait.

chuckrh
05-01-2022, 10:17 AM
Listened to a tape of Raleigh. Most excellent! Really like the Bowie segment especially.

tony.parente
05-01-2022, 10:25 AM
Where is Bad Witch??
I don’t miss it. More NTAE and AV though please!

Patrick_Nicholas
05-01-2022, 10:37 AM
Where is Bad Witch??

And where is Not The Actual Events? I'm not really screaming for any BW songs, except maybe "Shit Mirror" with Robin's verses, but I want to see "Burning Bright (Field On Fire)" back in the sets. And also "She's Gone Away" and "Branches/Bones" to a lesser extent. I'm also surprised that there's so far no on-stage acknowledgment that we're pretty much living in Year Zero, though I'm still hoping that, if nothing else, they will bring back "The Great Destroyer".

Let's hope it was a timing thing rather than a "I'm sick of this track already" thing

I'm pretty sure it was cut for time. They only had 90 minutes to play and probably would have been fined by the city if they played for just a minute longer.

paul_is_dead
05-01-2022, 11:06 AM
Bad Witch is my favourite NIN record so...

They should really be playing stuff from the most recent album they released anyway? Excluding Ghosts lol

chuckrh
05-01-2022, 11:28 AM
Bad Witch is my favourite NIN record so...

They should really be playing stuff from the most recent album they released anyway? Excluding Ghosts lol

I would love to hear all of the Ghosts stuff live & some of the film work. Maybe not as a whole band thing but Trent & Atticus in a more intimate setting. Or as part of something like Danny Elfman did @ Coachella.

fillow
05-01-2022, 11:47 AM
I would love to hear all of the Ghosts stuff live & some of the film work. Maybe not as a whole band thing but Trent & Atticus in a more intimate setting. Or as part of something like Danny Elfman did @ Coachella.

They were asked about possible scores/instrumental tour during one of Watchmen-era interviews, and they said they welcome the idea, but only after they do a proper 'loud' NIN tour first. This was in 2020, right when canceled CBI2020 tour was revealed.

sweeterthan
05-01-2022, 12:02 PM
someone on facebook saying they got a ticket on stubhub for tonight in TN for 11 fucking dollars!?!

fillow
05-01-2022, 12:54 PM
Another full Atlanta recording, by someone who also filmed Raleigh gig in full

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV_gAnH09I0

Hopefully someone's saving all these huge videos just in case... My internet traffic is currently busy with something else.

suprefan
05-01-2022, 01:13 PM
someone on facebook saying they got a ticket on stubhub for tonight in TN for 11 fucking dollars!?!
'
There are tickets for $6 right now. there are lowe level seats for $40

paul_is_dead
05-01-2022, 01:21 PM
NIN are huge in TN!

FULLMETAL
05-01-2022, 01:21 PM
Grrr. I have a seat for tonight that I don’t regret paying for but there is a sting when it was the only price point available during my pre-sale experience.

Oh well, sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes - well, he eats you.

Tonight is still gonna melt my face & that makes me happy!

cdm
05-01-2022, 01:23 PM
word on the street is it’s coming and of course that’s prefaced with “soon”. they gonna make us continue to wait.

Here’s the way I see it: they’ve got 20+ days between tonight’s show and Philly…they have to have something planned between now and then after launching this server. That much downtime would be bad for traffic / hype.

klyrish
05-01-2022, 01:23 PM
I'm surprised how many actual humans have been in attendance so far based on videos.

sweeterthan
05-01-2022, 01:24 PM
Grrr. I have a seat for tonight that I don’t regret paying for but there is a sting when it was the only price point available during my pre-sale experience.

Oh well, sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes - well, he eats you.

Tonight is still gonna melt my face & that makes me happy!

yeah but who could predicts this? you knew you wanted to go so securing your ticket is important. what if you waited til now only to be disappointed with no ticket?

I'm surprised how many actual humans have been in attendance so far based on videos. there was a huge crowd for shaky knees. probably my largest nin show ever.

K-Rice
05-01-2022, 01:37 PM
For that price I am very tempted to jump in my car right now. It’s a four hour drive from here. If only I didn’t have to work tomorrow.

sweeterthan
05-01-2022, 01:37 PM
For that price I am very tempted to jump in my car right now. It’s a four hour drive from here. If only I didn’t have to work tomorrow.

i know. i’m so tired from sk and i don’t have childcare or i’d ask to go with you.

klyrish
05-01-2022, 02:18 PM
Listening to one of the 4/28 bootlegs and "Closer" has the kick from the album in the second verse (additional beats outside of the normal 4/4 beats). I don't recall that from any previous tours or am I just forgetting? Either way, it's nice to hear. I was hoping the drumming during "The Only Time" breakdown was going to be closer to how Jerome did it in 2005 but sadly, it's still the incredibly lazy/boring beat that's been used since he got kicked out during the fall arena tour.

EDIT: an example of Jerome's take on "The Only Time" breakdown (starts at 2:40 in this song. The clip should automatically start there):

https://youtu.be/DB2FqM-GmLE?t=159

It's a bit more involved of a beat with extra snare hits and the open hats that make it sound faster/heavier than any other drummer has done in this part.

suprefan
05-01-2022, 03:34 PM

Down to $3

buckets of lube
05-01-2022, 03:55 PM
They might wanna tone it down a bit on the strobe lights. Mr. Self Destruct and Wish back to back is nuts. I've seen alot of NIN footage but that Shaky Knees video has some crazy ass lights to the point where it's kinda hard to watch but I blame the persons camera more than anything. One thing I've noticed over the years is that NIN's lights always seem to not play nice with some peoples cameras.

The strobe lights last night were insane, really hope they keep them.

botley
05-01-2022, 04:15 PM
The assholery continues:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZq_1VYr9ws

TheBang
05-01-2022, 04:41 PM
Down to $3
Some seats are $1 on SeatGeek. This show is way oversold for resellers and underdemanded by attendees.

Stubhub appears to have a $6 floor on ticket prices, which is why so many are stuck there.

suprefan
05-01-2022, 05:08 PM
Some seats are $1 on SeatGeek. This show is way oversold for resellers and underdemanded by attendees.

Stubhub appears to have a $6 floor on ticket prices, which is why so many are stuck there.

I like TickPick because the price on there is the price youre payingso stubhub might seem low but there are still fees however minimal. I think stubhub used to get to $5 but they mightve tweaked that.

tony.parente
05-01-2022, 05:21 PM

this makes me so happy. I hope these resellers can’t make their mortgage over this. 10/10

cynicmuse
05-01-2022, 06:55 PM
I wonder if they’ll post the pre-show music list. There’s been some music that I’d like to track down. They’ve got some stuff from the Halsey album in there as well (People Disappear Here); they played another track later. They also played the Health collaboration, something from Watchmen, and David Bowie’s Sue.

thefragile_jake
05-01-2022, 09:03 PM
Seems like the show decently filled up tonight though so that's good ... opened with Terrible Lie tonight, been awhile since that's happened shockingly.

All I keep thinking about is how I can make it to another show on this tour. I'm hoping they'll maybe announce some more dates in August, but I'm thinking this will be pretty much it until 2023.

Where is Bad Witch??

I want God Break Down the Door to be a god damn tour staple. Also, they need to incorporate the instrumentals in this tour finally too.

thefragile_jake
05-01-2022, 09:31 PM
the line begins to blur

K-Rice
05-01-2022, 09:32 PM
the line begins to blur
I really should have made the four drive to Franklin today.

thefragile_jake
05-01-2022, 09:39 PM
I really should have made the four drive to Franklin today.

I was considering a 5 hour drive myself, haha. Outside of TLBTB and a returning Heresy, it feels a lot like my Ascend Amphitheater show in Tennessee I saw back in 2018 ... but now they've just busted out two songs from Bad Witch and that would've made me super fuckin' happy to see.

paul_is_dead
05-01-2022, 09:41 PM
There is bad fucking witch

K-Rice
05-01-2022, 09:52 PM
I’m really considering now skipping day 3 of Louder Than Life and finding a ticket to Cleveland. Kiss is headlining LTL that night and I really wouldn’t be that upset about missing them.

bobbie solo
05-01-2022, 11:02 PM
NIN just straight up ripping off Pearl Jam's schtick. But Trent you aren't truly ripping them off until you do 2.5-three hour shows every night! You know you want to!

Deacon Blackfire
05-01-2022, 11:26 PM
I hope Pinion into Terrible Lie doesn't mean they're retiring Now I'm Nothing, and I hope one day Not The Actual Events gets the love it deserves, but these three setlists have been an amazingly consistent return to the form and spirit of the last (amazing) tour. They're beginning to run back through the massive catalogue of songs they've learned while pulling in a song that's new to this lineup each night thus far. Listening to the audio of Trent's stage banter from the Raleigh show was very stirring and resonant - it feels so great that the band is touring again. Will be very interesting to see how the first shows back-to-back at the same venue will be arranged and I am beyond excited that, barring any calamities, I will be there at the Met to find out for myself. Please play And All That Could Have Been at one of them, Trent!

Kyle
05-01-2022, 11:34 PM
Ilan was doing backups during the song. Are you sure it wasn’t him?

I’m also of a mind that playing to a backing track including vox (or guitars) is really fucking lame and is a step further than anything I’ve seen NIN do.

The very first time I saw NIN back in 1994, the “through every forest..” part of Closer and “you would know wouldn’t you…” in I Do Not Want This were entirely pre recorded. It’s not new

acrid avid jam shred
05-02-2022, 03:24 AM
All of the shows so far seem like they've been amazing! Plus Heresy, the Line Begins to Blur and Echoplex in the same set?? Omg! I've got my fingers crossed that the band will be able to make their way over to Australia in the future!

simonn
05-02-2022, 04:19 AM
Full Shaky Knees video is up already.

https://youtu.be/tZq_1VYr9ws

Missing Hurt, but it's uploaded separately by the same user.

Enjoying this. Anyone else spotted the guy apparently stood on the stage during Burn (49:42). Was he a sign language 'artist' air-guitaring during the non-vocal passages?

botley
05-02-2022, 05:43 AM
^ The festival definitely had ASL interpreters, yes.

Here is "Echoplex" from last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVct1BBl3b8

...and "The Big Come Down":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfG8NG9N8To

sweeterthan
05-02-2022, 05:44 AM
Enjoying this. Anyone else spotted the guy apparently stood on the stage during Burn (49:42). Was he a sign language 'artist' air-guitaring during the non-vocal passages?

i think there was american sign language interpreters on every stage at shaky knees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erneuert
05-02-2022, 06:27 AM
That was a sexy performance of The Big Come Down!

Would be even sexier with Underneath It All and Ripe (Awitha Decaya) following it.

Swykk
05-02-2022, 06:57 AM
Has anyone seen a video pop up yet for TLBTB? I’m so excited they brought that one back!

Erneuert
05-02-2022, 07:17 AM
Has anyone seen a video pop up yet for TLBTB? I’m so excited they brought that one back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK48t2Ez-YA (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sK48t2Ez-YA)

Patrick_Nicholas
05-02-2022, 07:28 AM
Yay! They brought back some of my favorite live songs for this one! With TR on guitar for "Echoplex" and "The Line", no less! It's also good to see them playing a different setlist for each show so far, though I'm still a little annoyed that "Survivalism" is the only Year Zero song that's been played so far.

thefragile_jake
05-02-2022, 08:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK48t2Ez-YA (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sK48t2Ez-YA)

Theres something about Trent Reznor with a les Paul guitar that feels right.

gorast
05-02-2022, 09:47 PM
I hope Pinion into Terrible Lie doesn't mean they're retiring Now I'm Nothing, and I hope one day Not The Actual Events gets the love it deserves, but these three setlists have been an amazingly consistent return to the form and spirit of the last (amazing) tour. They're beginning to run back through the massive catalogue of songs they've learned while pulling in a song that's new to this lineup each night thus far. Listening to the audio of Trent's stage banter from the Raleigh show was very stirring and resonant - it feels so great that the band is touring again. Will be very interesting to see how the first shows back-to-back at the same venue will be arranged and I am beyond excited that, barring any calamities, I will be there at the Met to find out for myself. Please play And All That Could Have Been at one of them, Trent!

Now I'm Nothing is an incredible opener, but honestly, hearing it in 2018 it really seemed like Trent struggled to hit some of the higher/louder parts of the verse, particularly the falsetto bit that he started doing in 2009. Maybe he needs to roll back to the 90s version of it, where every line is just kind of shouted.

fillow
05-03-2022, 03:44 AM
I never imagined NIN would actually play Fashion, but now that they did, I want them to do Fantastic Voyage too.

otnavuskire
05-03-2022, 04:34 AM
I never imagined NIN would actually play Fashion, but now that they did, I want them to do Fantastic Voyage too.

I suspect that one might be too challenging vocally to do live.

Erneuert
05-03-2022, 04:57 AM
Would love to see some post-2000 Bowie songs covered. Especially from Heathen.

magnolia
05-03-2022, 01:03 PM
I wonder if they’ll post the pre-show music list. There’s been some music that I’d like to track down. They’ve got some stuff from the Halsey album in there as well (People Disappear Here); they played another track later. They also played the Health collaboration, something from Watchmen, and David Bowie’s Sue.

Aaliyah’s “One In A Million” was also definitely in there.

They’ve put out a playlist with the pre show music before, so maybe they will again.

m0reta
05-03-2022, 01:16 PM
*moans*

Talk about having a hard time getting tickets! :-D

Erneuert
05-03-2022, 11:49 PM
I thought he was being sarcastic at first, as if to say he had lots of good memories thanks to covid. Then I realised he meant the venue. *slaps forehead*

versusreality
05-04-2022, 03:34 AM
not on discord, but can someone do a solid for me (and others) and see if Trent will respond to if there's any plans/were plans for NYC dates? thanks in advance! :)

Erneuert
05-04-2022, 07:58 AM
The first comment on this video pisses me off:

Janelle Potvin
1 day ago
Of course, have to have useless Atticus turning his little knobs, trying to act important. I want to know the secret he has on Trent, the real reason he is kept around

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHFRKNfFKdQ (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AHFRKNfFKdQ)

cdm
05-04-2022, 08:25 AM
The first comment on this video pisses me off:

Janelle Potvin
1 day ago
Of course, have to have useless Atticus turning his little knobs, trying to act important. I want to know the secret he has on Trent, the real reason he is kept around

What would prompt a comment like that? People are so fucking weird.

klyrish
05-04-2022, 09:11 AM
What would prompt a comment like that? People are so fucking weird.Being Richard Patrick?

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

sweeterthan
05-04-2022, 10:05 AM
my friend arkia posted pics from shaky knees in his instagram story https://instagram.com/lordarkia?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

CAMEO172
05-04-2022, 10:22 AM
for stats lovers, here is all I gather on the leg so far :

https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/manifestation/spring-us-2022/

I still looking for any "normal" ticket price of these shows.. not easy to find them.

K-Rice
05-04-2022, 09:56 PM
for stats lovers, here is all I gather on the leg so far :

https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/manifestation/spring-us-2022/

I still looking for any "normal" ticket price of these shows.. not easy to find them.

I checked this out and just now realized they didn’t play Wish at the the Raleigh show. I don’t think I’ve ever been to a show they didn’t play it. Crazy.

Erneuert
05-04-2022, 11:23 PM
What would prompt a comment like that? People are so fucking weird.

Stupidity with a dash of jealousy. I can’t believe how many likes the comment has.

m0reta
05-06-2022, 03:42 AM
A small catch from today that I thought was interesting. Though I am biased.

thefragile_jake
05-07-2022, 11:52 PM
Wonder if NIN will be revealed to play Austin City Limits Festival when the lineup drops on Tuesday.

thefragile_jake
05-11-2022, 08:23 AM
Wonder if NIN will be revealed to play Austin City Limits Festival when the lineup drops on Tuesday.

Scratch that, the Austin City Limits Festival lineup is terrible lol.

If anything, I guess that Cleveland show is lining up to be the last stop for 2022. Bring on more dates in 2023!

elevenism
05-11-2022, 09:38 AM
... Ripe (Awitha Decaya)...

I'm dead.
Godamn, man. Thanks. I needed that this morning :p

Denim Chicken
05-11-2022, 09:57 AM
Just heard on the radio nin is headlining riot fest in Chicago. Tickets on sale now.

Playing the same day as Yeah Yeah Yeahs… Immigrant Song potentially on the menu…

suprefan
05-11-2022, 10:02 AM
https://twitter.com/riotfest/status/1524404016201019392?s=21&t=RvBcenJSHZx955KSnXWs8g

Patrick_Nicholas
05-11-2022, 10:26 AM
A decade and a half ago, I probably would have skipped school for a week (my grades were already kinda shit at the time, so I wouldn't have had much to lose) to see NIN and MCR at the same festival, albeit on different days. That said, NIN is the redeeming band on what is otherwise probably the worst lineup of the three days (I'm only vaguely familiar with Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Jimmy Eat World, and The Academy Is...; and the few TAE songs I knew of didn't exactly have me screaming to see them). The second day seems like it might be the best one due to Misfits, Bauhaus, Bad Religion, and GWAR (who probably wouldn't be buried in the middle if Brockie/Oderus were still around).

Zimbo
05-11-2022, 10:38 AM
Man, they're never coming back to Wisconsin.

somewhat_
05-11-2022, 10:39 AM
Man, they're never coming back to Wisconsin.

Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a show or two added somewhere between 9/18 and 9/22.

sonic_discord
05-11-2022, 10:44 AM
The Riot Fest lineup was SO MUCH BETTER last year. I wish they (NIN) hadn't dropped out, but even without them, I saw plenty of great bands. This year, I think I'll pass, unfortunately. NIN is the only "must see" band for me on this year's lineup. I'm already going to be seeing them three times in September and I need to watch my spending because I've already booked three trips this year.

thefragile_jake
05-11-2022, 10:46 AM
Oh crap. Sunny Day Real Estate? The undercard isn't too strong, but Placebo, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Bauhaus and Jawbox are nice. Original Misfits would be a fun little addition. Hey @tony.parente (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=2107), maybe Trent will throw us a bone in between Riot Fest in Chicago and the Cleveland show and give St. Louis a one-off gig.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/44/a1/f2/44a1f2eb1bc7d123d7137e6a9e63619a.gif

Zimbo
05-11-2022, 10:56 AM
Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a show or two added somewhere between 9/18 and 9/22.

I think most festivals have a radius clause, so I am not sure. I mean, they haven't been here since 2006 so I've been holding my breath for over a decade. But if they do...I guess I don't have to go to Riot Fest! lol

Swykk
05-11-2022, 11:42 AM
I think I’m skipping RF. I’ll be in Vegas 14-17 for NIN then Cleveland the following week. Plus that Sunday lineup does nothing for me apart from NIN.

Excited that hopefully some folks that felt left out can hit RF though. It’s a fun time.

No fucking COVID whammies!

tony.parente
05-11-2022, 12:07 PM
Oh crap. Sunny Day Real Estate? The undercard isn't too strong, but Placebo, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Bauhaus and Jawbox are nice. Original Misfits would be a fun little addition. Hey @tony.parente (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=2107), maybe Trent will throw us a bone in between Riot Fest in Chicago and the Cleveland show and give St. Louis a one-off gig.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/44/a1/f2/44a1f2eb1bc7d123d7137e6a9e63619a.gif
*plays the pageant with a 90% resale rate and hits us with a 90 minute rendition of echoplex*

suprefan
05-11-2022, 12:29 PM
I think most festivals have a radius clause, so I am not sure. I mean, they haven't been here since 2006 so I've been holding my breath for over a decade. But if they do...I guess I don't have to go to Riot Fest! lol

Its not that they couldnt add a show. But theyre in a tough spot since its illinois and then kentucky right after. Trent prob wants the days off for the red eye jet lag.

xolotl
05-11-2022, 12:53 PM
Woo @ Riot Fest! Thought I was gonna have to cope with not seeing NIN this year. Not a fan of outdoor festivals, but I'll take what I can get in 2022. Plus, Sleater-Kinney and Yeah Yeah Yeahs! (Edit: and Alice Glass! I liked her album; should give that another spin.)

Chicago hotels sure are pricey, aren't they?

botley
05-11-2022, 01:13 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/62/f0/1f/62f01feb6c811f2fb8e2369234ed0dc6.gif

Definitely going for Sunday night, might try to come early for Bauhaus and Misfits on the Saturday as well.

elevenism
05-11-2022, 05:04 PM
A decade and a half ago, I probably would have skipped school for a week (my grades were already kinda shit at the time, so I wouldn't have had much to lose) to see NIN and MCR at the same festival, albeit on different days. That said, NIN is the redeeming band on what is otherwise probably the worst lineup of the three days (I'm only vaguely familiar with Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Jimmy Eat World, and The Academy Is...; and the few TAE songs I knew of didn't exactly have me screaming to see them). The second day seems like it might be the best one due to Misfits, Bauhaus, Bad Religion, and GWAR (who probably wouldn't be buried in the middle if Brockie/Oderus were still around).

Fuck is MCR? Also, dafuq is TAE?

Jimmy Eatworld, they sing "it just take some time little bit of little bit of opori, everything everything will be alright everybody gonna be alright alright" and that makes people.happy.

Misfits, Bauhaus, Bad Religion and GWAR are definitely ...I mean, It'd probably be fun.

"it just take some time everybody little bit of ah-pa-ry, everything everything will.be alright everybody gonna be alright alright.'

Patrick_Nicholas
05-11-2022, 05:57 PM

TAI (apologies for the typo)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zLkB2U_hwI

MCR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCCyoocDxBA

bryan_NIN65
05-11-2022, 06:04 PM
*plays the pageant with a 90% resale rate and hits us with a 90 minute rendition of echoplex*

Oh man The Pageant would be badass, still sad I missed Korn and Green Day when they played there a few years back (separate shows) that place maxed out at what 2,300 people.

elevenism
05-13-2022, 12:02 PM
TAI (apologies for the typo)

MCR

My post was goofy as hell, anyway. :p

SO. The most interesting bit of NIN live talk I've heard as of late is the thing about set lists being finalized day-of-show.

That's what Pearl Jam has been doing for a looooong time. I wonder: will NIN continue this indefinitely? It's REALLY cool, and is definitely a very special kind of fan service. I do love it.

That being said, dear GOD I want a LiTS 2: like a highly curated thing with mind blowing lighting effects.

Maybe next year? Because I mean, fuck. They were still into.the whole 2022 thing and other pieces of that story a few years ago, as evidenced by This Isn't the Place vid.

Edit: everythi-everythinga be allrite-allrite;)

elevenism
05-13-2022, 02:10 PM
Sorry for double post, but I had to mention @CAMEO172 (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=7116) : sorry if this is a stupid question, but are YOU compiling the stats?

Edit: now that TheBang let me know, man, Cameo172, that site is awesome, and an amazing resource.
Thank you for creating it!

TheBang
05-13-2022, 03:50 PM
Sorry for double post, but I had to mention @CAMEO172 (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=7116) : sorry if this is a stupid question, but are YOU compiling the stats? I think it's really cool, either way.
Yes, that's his site. He enters all the data in for each show, and then the code on his site compiles all kinds of statistics. You can see statistics for all the NIN tours on a per-tour basis by clicking on each tour name here:

https://happinessinheresy.com/nin-live-legs/

You can also find other statistics in the navigation areas at the top, like Songs, Concerts, and Attendance.

fishtifer
05-16-2022, 10:45 PM
Has anybody used Tickpick for tickets? They advertise no fees and their prices seem to be the best for NIN this fall - I've never had to buy secondary market tickets before so I'm a little nervous, did anybody have any problems buying from these sites with the rotating barcodes NIN were suppposed to have? I was going to try to get reseller tickets on Ticketmaster which I thought would be the safest for the Vegas show but the prices are going back up now and they have crazy fees too for those tickets. Tickpick doesn't have the best reviews, is Stubhub safer? I'll be flying to Vegas from Canada so I need reliable tickets.

Or, if anybody has 2 GA tickets for sale for the Vegas show, that would be even better!

suprefan
05-18-2022, 12:10 AM
Has anybody used Tickpick for tickets? They advertise no fees and their prices seem to be the best for NIN this fall - I've never had to buy secondary market tickets before so I'm a little nervous, did anybody have any problems buying from these sites with the rotating barcodes NIN were suppposed to have? I was going to try to get reseller tickets on Ticketmaster which I thought would be the safest for the Vegas show but the prices are going back up now and they have crazy fees too for those tickets. Tickpick doesn't have the best reviews, is Stubhub safer? I'll be flying to Vegas from Canada so I need reliable tickets.

Or, if anybody has 2 GA tickets for sale for the Vegas show, that would be even better!

tickpick is legit, so use em if you have to.

Jimmy Eatworld, they sing "it just take some time little bit of little bit of opori, everything everything will be alright everybody gonna be alright alright" and that makes people.happy.

Misfits, Bauhaus, Bad Religion and GWAR are definitely ...I mean, It'd probably be fun.

"it just take some time everybody little bit of ah-pa-ry, everything everything will.be alright everybody gonna be alright alright.'

tell us you dont listen to anything but music made before the year 1995 without saying it.

nooneimportant
05-18-2022, 04:03 AM
You know what would be great? If Trent sang Supernaut on stage with Ministry either at Hellfest or the show in Cleveland.

alfonso99
05-18-2022, 08:49 AM
You know what would be great? If Trent sang Supernaut on stage with Ministry either at Hellfest or the show in Cleveland.

I'm 100% sure that WILL happen at Cleveland.

klyrish
05-18-2022, 09:17 AM
I'll bet Cleveland is the most basic, for-the-fans-that-only-see-NIN-once, greatest hits setlist they've ever done.

sonic_discord
05-18-2022, 11:37 AM
I'll bet Cleveland is the most basic, for-the-fans-that-only-see-NIN-once, greatest hits setlist they've ever done.

Really? I was kind of expecting the opposite – that it will likely be a special show with a surprise or two since it's the only one with Ministry and it's a homecoming of sorts.

I wouldn't go that far, but I'd love to see that, even if I have to watch on YouTube! I was there when Ministry opened for NIN at Riot Fest in 2017 and they could have done it then, but didn't.

klyrish
05-18-2022, 11:48 AM
I was half-joking, but there was a ton of hype around the 6-show run in LA to end C&B&I 2018. Aside from 3 HTDA songs, Garson performing "Greensleeve" and the surprise performance of "Just Like You Imagined" and reworked "In This Twilight," there was nothing really special about those shows. It seems like a lot of people (me included, at least with 2018) think the end of every run is going to be like the end of Wave Goodbye (in particular, the Wiltern show) and it hasn't ever been aside from that tour specifically.

I'd rather expect nothing and be pleasantly surprised instead of getting hyped on nothing but wishful thinking. /shrug

botley
05-18-2022, 02:38 PM
Aside from 3 HTDA songs, Garson performing "Greensleeve" and the surprise performance of "Just Like You Imagined" and reworked "In This Twilight,"
...and the lasers, and the added set design, and the surround sound. You can't just judge the shows based on set lists alone, come on.

buckets of lube
05-18-2022, 07:38 PM
I'd be happy if it was a greatest hits setlist in Cleveland that only goes with tunes through 1995.

K-Rice
05-18-2022, 07:47 PM
I'd be happy if it was a greatest hits setlist in Cleveland that only goes with tunes through 1995.
They pretty much did that in Vegas in 2018. Perfect Drug was the “newest” song they played. Probably my favorite show I’ve ever been to.

bryan_NIN65
05-18-2022, 08:38 PM
I wouldn't go that far, but I'd love to see that, even if I have to watch on YouTube! I was there when Ministry opened for NIN at Riot Fest in 2017 and they could have done it then, but didn't.
They also had New Order and could have done Dead Souls with the guys from Joy Division but nope

SM Rollinger
05-18-2022, 10:27 PM
They also had New Order and could have done Dead Souls with the guys from Joy Division but nope

Or any of the, how many 17?, tracks he did with Saul Williams....

I am still salty about Riotfest, although seeing New Order and having various synth sound waves wash over my body was the catalyst to buying my own synths....

SM Rollinger
05-18-2022, 10:28 PM
They pretty much did that in Vegas in 2018. Perfect Drug was the “newest” song they played. Probably my favorite show I’ve ever been to.

Besides that and the Broken show and the night 2 at the Aragon Ballroom (the one I went to), those were the top 3 setlists of that tour IMO

jmtd
05-19-2022, 11:06 AM
Aside from <list of 6 specific special things>, there was nothing really special about those shows.

This was the clearest expression I’ve ever seen that some NIN fans will never be content.

klyrish
05-19-2022, 11:22 AM
This was the clearest expression I’ve ever seen that some NIN fans will never be content.

It's not like these are charity events, they're expensive and relatively few and far between. I've got expectations. Why would I be content with worst version of "In This Twilight" and four non-NIN songs at a NIN show? Oh, right. Lasers. My bad.

cdm
05-19-2022, 11:48 AM
I was half-joking, but there was a ton of hype around the 6-show run in LA to end C&B&I 2018. Aside from 3 HTDA songs, Garson performing "Greensleeve" and the surprise performance of "Just Like You Imagined" and reworked "In This Twilight," there was nothing really special about those shows. It seems like a lot of people (me included, at least with 2018) think the end of every run is going to be like the end of Wave Goodbye (in particular, the Wiltern show) and it hasn't ever been aside from that tour specifically.

I'd rather expect nothing and be pleasantly surprised instead of getting hyped on nothing but wishful thinking. /shrug

They played 6 different HTDA songs, some on multiple nights. I didn't attend any of those shows but judging by the set lists and reviews I'd have been happy with any / all.

Edit: I also don't recall there being much speculation on these shows rivaling the ridiculousness of the Wave Goodbye sets, maybe I just wasn't paying close enough attention.

klyrish
05-19-2022, 12:24 PM
They played 6 different HTDA songs, some on multiple nights. I didn't attend any of those shows but judging by the set lists and reviews I'd have been happy with any / all.

Cool. I wouldn't.

I guess I'm crazy and the odd one out who would rather hear NIN play NIN songs like "We're in This Together," "Underneath It All," and "Closer to God" at a NIN show instead of other bands' songs or the same songs that are at every show on every tour.

Edit: I also don't recall there being much speculation on these shows rivaling the ridiculousness of the Wave Goodbye sets, maybe I just wasn't paying close enough attention.

If you go and re-read even just a page back, people are already getting over-hyped for the Cleveland show which was the whole point for this tangent in the first place: hyping up NIN performances generally leads to disappointment.

cdm
05-19-2022, 02:33 PM
If you go and re-read even just a page back, people are already getting over-hyped for the Cleveland show which was the whole point for this tangent in the first place: hyping up NIN performances generally leads to disappointment.

I'm talking about the LA run from CB&I. As for Cleveland, in talking about the canceled Cleveland dates from last year, TR had alluded having been disappointed by not being able to do something special for those shows. But if that means someone is expecting a 40 song set list or 12 guests or whatever else come September...I mean...

ryanmcfly
05-19-2022, 02:53 PM
Sirius Octane is broadcasting at least some of Welcome to Rockville this weekend.

Deacon Blackfire
05-19-2022, 04:04 PM

This, this, exactly this.

Cold And Black And Infinite had some of the most insane setlists and song debuts / comebacks in the band's entire history. The six LA shows, the last of C&B&I, were some of the longest of the entire tour and covered nearly every song that lineup had performed through all of the prior dates, plus Just Like You Imagined with Mike fucking Garson, a Gary Numan appearance, a selection of HTDA tracks with Mariqueen (OH NO THE HORROR!), and a few oddball tracks with Garson like the quiet In This Twilight and Greensleeves that will probably never get played again. And some people on here can still manage to gripe that they weren't good enough, because they didn't reach the spectacular heights of the last Wiltern show, the longest NIN set ever performed that at the time seemed like it could have been the last Nine Inch Nails show ever.

I know Trent realizes that there are a lot of loving, loyal, and extremely grateful fans in this community, but when I see people here so spoiled that these (https://www.nin.wiki/2018/12/12_Los_Angeles,_CA) unreal (https://www.nin.wiki/2018/12/14_Los_Angeles,_CA) setlists (https://www.nin.wiki/2018/12/15_Los_Angeles,_CA) are no longer impressive enough for them, it's not at all difficult for me to understand why his two cents on ETS is always "bitching and complaining." It's like people want Trent to resent his fans as much as fucking Tool resents theirs. I'm not trying to be a dick but we were so fucking lucky to have C&B&I and people nitpicking some of the longest and best sets of that tour because they didn't pull out three to five more rare or never-before-played songs just as the run of shows was ending...it blows my fucking mind.

Zimbo
05-19-2022, 04:12 PM
I fucking LOVED their 2018 shows (Saw both Red Rocks shows, and two Chicago shows, 1st and 3rd, respectively). I love every tour. The one thing that got me in 2018, was how I started to count how many songs from each album I'd yet to hear live; was *deeply* disappointed I missed the debut of AATCHB, having seen TPD debut but I eventually got it in North Carolina. If I follow through with Riot Fest (sooo many people) it'll be #22, which pales in comparison to many of you. 2020 -> Present has just made me thankful that I got to see [NIN] live again, especially having had tickets for their, cancelled, R&R Induction in 2020 and the 2021 show.

klyrish
05-19-2022, 05:47 PM
This, this, exactly this.

Cold And Black And Infinite had some of the most insane setlists and song debuts / comebacks in the band's entire history. The six LA shows, the last of C&B&I, were some of the longest of the entire tour and covered nearly every song that lineup had performed through all of the prior dates, plus Just Like You Imagined with Mike fucking Garson, a Gary Numan appearance, a selection of HTDA tracks with Mariqueen (OH NO THE HORROR!), and a few oddball tracks with Garson like the quiet In This Twilight and Greensleeves that will probably never get played again. And some people on here can still manage to gripe that they weren't good enough, because they didn't reach the spectacular heights of the last Wiltern show, the longest NIN set ever performed that at the time seemed like it could have been the last Nine Inch Nails show ever.

I know Trent realizes that there are a lot of loving, loyal, and extremely grateful fans in this community, but when I see people here so spoiled that these (https://www.nin.wiki/2018/12/12_Los_Angeles,_CA) unreal (https://www.nin.wiki/2018/12/14_Los_Angeles,_CA) setlists (https://www.nin.wiki/2018/12/15_Los_Angeles,_CA) are no longer impressive enough for them, it's not at all difficult for me to understand why his two cents on ETS is always "bitching and complaining." It's like people want Trent to resent his fans as much as fucking Tool resents theirs. I'm not trying to be a dick but we were so fucking lucky to have C&B&I and people nitpicking some of the longest and best sets of that tour because they didn't pull out three to five more rare or never-before-played songs just as the run of shows was ending...it blows my fucking mind.
Imagine being on a message board for the hardest-core fans of a band and getting upset that one of the people posting there wishes they'd play deeper cuts and would retire or at least give a break to staples that have been played at just about every single show for the last 25+ years, and would spend the limited setlist time playing their own songs instead of other band's songs.

I'm not pissed off, I'm not protesting NIN, I'm just tired of seeing a lot of the same songs at every show I go to in the rare occurrences they happen and want to hear more of his varied and amazing catalog. It's incredible how fucking butthurt a few of you have gotten over a simple opinion that, frankly, is shocking everyone here doesn't hold. Yeah, no wonder he says it's all "bitching and complaining." It's a real Boomer mindset to "just be grateful for what you've got," whether it's about a soul-crushing job that doesn't pay enough, or my desires for the setlist that's going to be too short for how much the tickets cost.

fillow
05-19-2022, 06:10 PM
Imagine being on a message board for the hardest-core fans of a band and getting upset that one of the people posting there wishes they'd play deeper cuts and would retire or at least give a break to staples that have been played at just about every single show for the last 25+ years, and would spend the limited setlist time playing their own songs instead of other band's songs.

I'm not pissed off, I'm not protesting NIN, I'm just tired of seeing a lot of the same songs at every show I go to in the rare occurrences they happen and want to hear more of his varied and amazing catalog. It's incredible how fucking butthurt a few of you have gotten over a simple opinion that, frankly, is shocking everyone here doesn't hold. Yeah, no wonder he says it's all "bitching and complaining." It's a real Boomer mindset to "just be grateful for what you've got," whether it's about a soul-crushing job that doesn't pay enough, or my desires for the setlist that's going to be too short for how much the tickets cost.

NIN played over 70 different songs on the last tour, 65 of them at the LA shows. The only staples they had are Hurt and HLAH. Everything else was rotating in and out. Wish, MOTP, Closer, THTF, Gave Up and the rest of what you may consider a staple were skipped often.

Of the 3 Palladium shows where they played HTDA material (and "the worst version of In This Twilight" too), 2 were longer than a typical 2018 show by 15 and 20 minutes respectively. Which means you'd still likely get what you paid for, which is at least 90 minutes of 100% NIN shit. I don't see your opinion being justified.

Leviathant
05-19-2022, 06:32 PM
When I went to 8 shows on the Fragility tour, I walked miles in the snow both way to every show, and the setlists were at least 95% the same every night and it was fuggin' awesome. Tour shirts were really expensive ($40? $50?), so I'd wait until after the tour to buy them from Goodrock or Weathermen Records ($25!!!). I was able to invest those shirts in the stock market and used the return to buy multiple houses, maybe if you didn't eat so much avacado toast you'd appreciate modern NIN setlists more kylrish

Deacon Blackfire
05-19-2022, 07:24 PM

I don't look for scraps here but I'm going to be honest where I feel very strongly and this "meh they just play the same shit over and over" argument following a tour where the only songs played every show were Head Like A Hole and Hurt is just a wildly spoiled look, sorry. And to suggest that being grateful for the nutty sets we got last tour is akin to being grateful for a "soul crushing job that doesn't pay enough" just deepens that hole significantly. Thus far they've pulled out, in the first three shows of 2022, one song that hadn't been played since 2006, one song that hadn't been played since 2009, and two songs that hadn't been played since 2014. I would love to see more surprises trickle in, the rarer the better. Nothing would make me happier than to see even more mind-blowing setlists. Acting like the wildly diverse sets of the last tour were nothing worth being grateful for is a really shitty way to ask for that. Is that really so complicated?

Don't be grateful for just anything but for fuck's sake know when to be grateful.

Swykk
05-19-2022, 07:38 PM
I’ve already decided that if COVID doesn’t fuck everything up again and the Vegas and Cleveland shows happen, I will be happy to be there no matter what songs they play.

Deacon Blackfire
05-19-2022, 08:10 PM
Exactly. I've been so unbelievably paranoid of the Philadelphia shows next week being ruined by COVID, by me catching it myself and not being able to go or by the shows themselves being canceled because of it, that I am scared shitless and probably will remain so until I am there on the night. If by next week I have seen two new NIN shows I am a lucky SOB no matter what they consist of.

botley
05-19-2022, 08:19 PM
klyrish Expectation is a prison, homie. Embrace the moment and enter it freely.

Now get off my lawn.

klyrish
05-19-2022, 09:40 PM
Why are you guys taking this so personally and getting deeply offended by it?

I'm thrilled you're all ecstatic with the exact same tour we had 4 years ago. I'm not. Deal with it.

cdm
05-19-2022, 09:52 PM

I'm thrilled you're all ecstatic with the exact same tour we had 4 years ago. I'm not. Deal with it.

No one said you had to be excited by it but you're posting in a thread for a tour you claim to be bored of. What do you expect?

I haven't seen a live show in over 2 years and haven't seen NIN for 3-1/2 so I'll gladly take what I can get. You're free to disagree...but again, why waste the energy?

klyrish
05-19-2022, 09:57 PM
Ah, so if I don't agree and won't lick the boots and sing hymns of gratefulness for whatever my measly $150/ticket gets me, I shouldn't post. Got it.

cdm
05-19-2022, 10:00 PM
Jesus christ, dude.

Deacon Blackfire
05-19-2022, 10:13 PM
Calling a tour that is only three dates in that has already incorporated songs they didn't play last time "the exact same tour we had 4 years ago" pretty much says it all.

thefragile_jake
05-19-2022, 11:58 PM
I get the sentiment here from both sides. I'm no Phish fan, but after listening to Analyze Phish (a hilarious podcast from comedians Scott Auckerman and the late, great Harris Wittels where Phish die hard Harris tries to convince his friend Scott to get into Phish), I have an appreciation for the dedication their fans have for chasing that "ultimate live set".

Nothing may top my first NIN show in 2005 and the experience that left me with, but I'd place my 2018 CB&I show from the lawn in Nashville even over being on the rails for Tension because the set was just so incredible that night.

Either way, I'm super lucky to be going to both nights at Red Rocks later this fall ... but I'm still really, really hoping to make it to that Cleveland show as well!

jmtd
05-20-2022, 03:33 AM
klyrish Expectation is a prison, homie. Embrace the moment and enter it freely.

I think this captures what I was about to try and express. I totally get the desire to have something else novel, each and every time. But it would be so easy to fall into the trap of “ok it’s march of the pigs again I wonder what’s next” and before you know not the gigs over. I’d love to hear WITT again, I was fortunate once but I probably won’t again and I’m ok with that. I’m not so secretly hoping to hear TPD at least once over the Eden weekend but it might not happen! And if it doesn’t I don’t want to think I’ve wasted my time. And I’m in control of that, by making sure I’m not letting my expectations get too out of hand. If they don’t play TPD then they’re guaranteed to play several other things which surprise me. And goddamnit I’ll enjoy TL Or MOTP or HLAH too. Because all these gigs, they’re not put on solely for me. And it’s clear from thread after thread that between us we can’t agree on the perfect set list anyway.

nooneimportant
05-20-2022, 08:26 AM

If you think this is the exact same tour as 2018 then you're either not paying attention or you're just being a troll.

M1ke
05-20-2022, 08:34 AM
Ah, so if I don't agree and won't lick the boots and sing hymns of gratefulness for whatever my measly $150/ticket gets me, I shouldn't post. Got it.

Sounds good to me. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

M1ke
05-20-2022, 08:42 AM
There's stuff I'd really love to see on this tour that I've never seen before, but I've also been really fortunate to have seen them play all of the usual staples, and many of the less common songs as well.

I'll be in Cleveland, and there's about 6 or so songs that I'm really crossing my fingers and hoping they make the setlist that night. But, if they don't end up being played, I'm not going to bitch and moan about it. I have no doubt the show'll be great even if they pick other songs instead of the ones I'm hoping for.

Swykk
05-20-2022, 11:24 AM
Agreed. Of course there are songs I’d LOVE to hear live (AATCHB topping that list) but I always have a good time at NIN shows so why would I complain, especially in COVID times, about the set list?

I don’t get it.

simonn
05-20-2022, 11:50 AM
From the sublime - 'maybe if you didn't eat so much avocado toast'

To the ridiculous - 'It's a real Boomer mindset'.

sonic_discord
05-20-2022, 12:06 PM
If anyone who's attending Welcome to Rockville wants to get me a SIN shirt in XL, I'd be very grateful! m0reta has my back as long as they're still there on Sunday, but Kraw made them sound pretty limited, so hopefully they're not gone by then.

ninlive
05-20-2022, 09:31 PM
If anyone who's attending Welcome to Rockville wants to get me a SIN shirt in XL, I'd be very grateful! @m0reta (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=241) has my back as long as they're still there on Sunday, but Kraw made them sound pretty limited, so hopefully they're not gone by then.

They are only available on the 'NIN only' shows of the tour, from what I've been told. No festival dates.

bobbie solo
05-21-2022, 12:24 AM

and I will be F5ing furiously while I'm at the wedding I have to be at that night, and when it pops up, I will die.

versusreality
05-21-2022, 07:55 AM
c'mon, we know all the angst towards the new tour is specifically because they haven't busted out "Maybe Just Once" yet... /s

ryanmcfly
05-21-2022, 01:21 PM
Imagine complaining about a tour with a rotating set each night that seems to be a spiritual successor to maybe the greatest tour the band ever did. IMAGINE.

suprefan
05-22-2022, 05:00 PM
Imagine complaining about a tour with a rotating set each night that seems to be a spiritual successor to maybe the greatest tour the band ever did. IMAGINE.

Cause not everyone can go to every date. So now it seems like youre chasing the dragon even more to try and get the rare stuff instead of expecting it every night. This isnt LITS where it was literally the same every night, but it didnt matter cause the show was that good you could watch it more than once.

K-Rice
05-22-2022, 08:29 PM
House music is playing Subterraneans. Soon…

sweeterthan
05-22-2022, 08:31 PM
House music is playing Subterraneans. Soon…

oh good. any word on the weather?

K-Rice
05-22-2022, 08:57 PM
Mr Self Destruct
Wish
Less Than
Humidity causes tech failure
This festival is a damn catastrophe

thefragile_jake
05-22-2022, 09:40 PM
yea someone kicked a chord out apparently lol

That other guy
05-22-2022, 10:29 PM
Mr Self Destruct
Wish
Less Than
Humidity causes tech failure
This festival is a damn catastrophe

that was it? Can’t control the weather , but whole festival was a disaster for all music fans.

ImTheWiseJanitor
05-22-2022, 10:34 PM
that was it? Can’t control the weather , but whole festival was a disaster for all music fans.

Setlist fm says:

(forgive the weird formatting, copied and pasted and gave up on fixing it with my phone)

Mr. Self Destruct
Wish
Less Than
March of the Pigs
Following a break due to technical issues.
Reptile
Piggy
The Lovers
Heresy
Closer
Shit Mirror
Hurt

thefragile_jake
05-22-2022, 10:35 PM
Setlist fm says:

Mr. Self Destruct
Wish
Less Than
March of the Pigs
Following a break due to technical issues.
Reptile
Piggy
The Lovers
Heresy
Closer
Shit Mirror
Hurt

yeah, no one really knows the whole set yet! can't find any proof of any songs outside of these online so far.

ImTheWiseJanitor
05-22-2022, 10:41 PM
yeah, no one really knows the whole set yet! can't find any proof of any songs outside of these online so far.

Yeah, it seems odd, but then again maybe the delay held things up just enough to have to make a bunch of cuts. Glad that they still managed to put on the show, though. Better than nothing! I imagine we’ll have confirmation either way before too long.

K-Rice
05-22-2022, 11:22 PM
Mr Self Destruct
Wish
Less Than
-Technical Delay-
March of the Pigs
Piggy
The Lovers
Heresy
Closer
Reptile
Burn
Im Afraid of Americans
Perfect Drug
Shit Mirror
Copy of A
Gave Up
Hand That Feeds
Head Like A Hole

Hurt

I think that was it. Middle section might be out of order. I’m sure something was cut because of the delay.

allegro
05-23-2022, 02:07 AM
yea someone kicked a chord out apparently lol

Happened to us at this show (https://www.nin.wiki/2005/05/06_Chicago,_IL).

Patrick_Nicholas
05-23-2022, 07:48 AM
According to setlist.fm (https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2022/daytona-international-speedway-daytona-beach-fl-53b77f0d.html), "Every Day Is Exactly The Same" and "The Becoming" were printed on the setlist but not played, probably because of the technical difficulties. I was never really the biggest fan of EDIETS, though, given Daytona's proximity to Orlando, it might have given some people some nostalgia of the time when the radio station 101.1 WJRR overplayed the living shit out of it for a few months in 2006 then forgot about it afterwards.

cdm
05-23-2022, 08:06 AM
K-Rice how long was the tech difficulty? I popped on Discord and it seemed like tens of minutes but there were a couple comments saying how poor cell service was at the track so there wasn't a lot of chatter from people at the show.

K-Rice
05-23-2022, 09:42 AM
I’d say it was about a 10-15 minute delay. They tried restarting once and it immediately died again. Trent was very visibly frustrated by the time they actually got going again.

fillow
05-23-2022, 09:49 AM
This is how it looked. I stole this clip from Discord

https://streamable.com/yzlgem

cdm
05-23-2022, 09:54 AM
This is how it looked. I stole this clip from Discord

https://streamable.com/yzlgem

Damn that sucks. Tech issues are never good but probably doubly frustrating given the travel fiasco. Glad they were able to play a mostly complete set.

m0reta
05-23-2022, 12:06 PM
Cd6Dti0ORnD

YAY!

Failure
05-23-2022, 01:07 PM
Happened to us at this show (https://www.nin.wiki/2005/05/06_Chicago,_IL).

Yep, and this one too:

https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-inch-nails-concert/interlaken/

Still hurts; fucking Die Toten Hosen (“washed up shitty band). In an ironic twist of fate, I just tested positive for COVID and will have to miss the Philly shows.

henryeatscereal
05-23-2022, 01:36 PM
Cd6Dti0ORnD

YAY!
*Insert robotic Josh Freeze voice*

Deacon Blackfire
05-24-2022, 01:56 PM
In the line at Philly (big nosed guy in the burgundy jacket with pins) but I have to leave to check into my room soon (they wouldn't let me do it early because that would be too easy, dammit!). Luckily NIN fans are such a nice and civil bunch! So pumped for tonight.

sonic_discord
05-24-2022, 02:44 PM
If someone is willing to grab a SIN shirt in XL for me (if they have them tonight) I would really appreciate it!

EDIT: m0reta to the rescue!!

m0reta
05-24-2022, 05:30 PM
If someone is willing to grab a SIN shirt in XL for me (if they have them tonight) I would really appreciate it!

Done bro. See PMs.

thefragile_jake
05-24-2022, 09:02 PM
So far they've opened with Home, The Beginning of the End returned and Even Deeper was like song 7 in the set ...

Horican
05-24-2022, 10:12 PM
God that’s a fantastic setlist

LexTron6K
05-24-2022, 11:35 PM
Holy shit, best set list of 2022 right there.

bobbie solo
05-25-2022, 02:21 AM
Saw Mariqueen bopping around the Met tonight, with some family in tow. Cool that they're traveling for at least some of these dates & checking out what Trent brings in a live setting.

fillow
05-25-2022, 02:29 AM
Saw Mariqueen bopping around the Met tonight, with some family in tow. Cool that they're traveling for at least some of these dates & checking out what Trent brings in a live setting.

There are several IG stories currently online from MQ, Josh and Nic Freese all filming each other watching the show

bobbie solo
05-25-2022, 03:37 AM
They're doing wristbands for GA here in Philly. So if you're trying to sneak anyone into GA like we wanted to with my friend tonight, be prepared to somehow remove/cut your wristband and give to someone in decent enough shape that they can get it on. B/c just showing a screenshot of your GA "ticket" or something won't be enough. Or just buy your own wristband before the show and try casually flashing it to security.

One security guy told me they were letting people bring in their own poster tubes, so tomorrow I'm bringing my own to protect the print if I can get one.

100 Gecs have a pretty cool Philly shows-specific shirt that also has a huge NIN logo on it. And the back has a big pic of the Liberty Bell with the show dates.

They were selling shitty boots out front after the show. Impressed.

That Broken hoodie looks like it fits everyone weird at first. Maybe it smooths out a bit after a wash?

I'll be in my Broken bootleg shirt from Justified Arrogance tomorrow, so come say hi b/c I'm awesome.

100 Gecs went on right at 8. Subterraneans intro started right at 9:25 for NIN.

break out The Idea of You tonight @teitan (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=109)....I dare you!

fillow
05-25-2022, 04:19 AM
Subterraneans intro
the what now?

fillow
05-25-2022, 04:25 AM
I'm noticing from all the videos that lighting/colors for most of the songs already changing from the Raleigh show (in many cases going back to the familiar patterns from C&B&I). I was kinda annoyed a bit that so many songs on the first show were just default dirty yellow/brown color.

botley
05-25-2022, 05:38 AM
O fuccccc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byFGLO43HyM

sweeterthan
05-25-2022, 08:52 AM
anybody seen any videos of home? link me please.

fillow
05-25-2022, 09:08 AM
anybody seen any videos of home? link me please.

Here you go mate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EOF1VCBuIU

gorny540
05-25-2022, 09:26 AM
Attending tonight’s Philly show only, seeing no TPD last night gives me high hopes it’ll be played tonight. Unfortunately by the same logic we’re probably not going to see AATCHB again tonight. Always a trade off with multiple shows, that’s why you always go to both if you can!

Deacon Blackfire
05-25-2022, 10:20 AM
the what now?

Subterraneans was the intro to Home almost like The Fireman Twin Peaks intro has been used to lead into the opening song at other shows - the house music stopped when they started playing Subterraneans over the speakers at full volume and it led right into Robin's guitar for Home.

botley
05-25-2022, 10:27 AM
Subterraneans was the intro to Home almost like The Fireman Twin Peaks intro has been used to lead into the opening song at other shows - the house music stopped when they started playing Subterraneans over the speakers at full volume and it led right into Robin's guitar for Home.
Could you hear TR playing live sax over "Subterraneans"? @kraw (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=274) posted a shot of him playing it behind the lighting 'meat racks' on the Discord tour journal...

https://i.imgur.com/HudYh6i.jpg

Deacon Blackfire
05-25-2022, 10:29 AM
Ohhh shit! I heard sax in the mix but I had no idea that it was TR creeping around playing behind the gear. Super cool!

botley
05-25-2022, 10:40 AM
when it's canned backing vocals, specifically Lisa and Sharlotte in Less Than and now Mariqueen in Fashion (plus a few other times they've done it). When it's background noises, it fills out the song, but when it's backing vocals, it starts to feel a little like karaoke to me... does that make sense?
Oooh, quickly wanted to jump back here briefly, and say that I don't think there's any of the canned female backing vocals in the live versions of "Less Than". That's all live singing (though the double-tracked TR vocal harmony in the prechorus with the flanging effect on it is canned). On the audience recording of the Rockville 'incident', where all their gear got fucked up in the Florida humidity, all the backing layers in the song entirely drop out after the first few bars; the rest is totally live, and you can still hear all the background singing at the end where Sharlotte Gibson and Allison Iraheta's voices would come in on the album version (fast-forward to 7:45 if you want to hear what that sounded like: it's weird without the extra synth layers going on, but the other guys are definitely singing all those parts).

https://youtu.be/DuRV85tuQEU?t=465

Deacon Blackfire
05-25-2022, 01:34 PM
On line for night #2 - again I'm the big nosed dope in the burgundy jacket with pins on the breast pockets, if you feel like saying hello. About the same place I was in line yesterday so fingers crossed I make it to the barricade again. Ready for another amazing evening! And this time I won't have to worry about racing my poster back to my hotel room before the doors open lmao.

EDIT: Just heard them soundchecking something too cool to spoil.

LOVEANDZOMBIES
05-25-2022, 08:35 PM
On line for night #2 - again I'm the big nosed dope in the burgundy jacket with pins on the breast pockets, if you feel like saying hello. About the same place I was in line yesterday so fingers crossed I make it to the barricade again. Ready for another amazing evening! And this time I won't have to worry about racing my poster back to my hotel room before the doors open lmao.

If they don't end up playing it - please let us know what it was

sonic_discord
05-25-2022, 09:21 PM
Nice to see Me, I'm Not show up! I'm also pleased to see Last return!

thefragile_jake
05-25-2022, 09:58 PM

Looks like the set is done now, no encore outside of Hurt which is a bummer ...

Did the song you hear being soundchecked get played?
(https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2022/metropolitan-opera-house-philadelphia-pa-43b75f33.html)

fillow
05-26-2022, 03:40 AM
Full video from Philly #1 is up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-mSfKq1nO4

thefragile_jake
05-26-2022, 11:58 AM
Okay, the dude that keeps screaming "COME ON TRENT" during the quiet parts of is the fucking funniest thing. Would've ticked me off standing next to him, but lordy ... is this funny.

Zimbo
05-26-2022, 02:45 PM
I fucking love Nine Inch Nails. Those Philly shows seemed to have been the bees-knees.

Deacon Blackfire
05-26-2022, 07:59 PM
They were fucking amazing, just as phenomenal as they were in 2018. I missed them so much and every show ends up being so special.

As I mentioned in the Tour Journal they did not play the two songs I heard being soundchecked that, if performed, would be firsts for this iteration of the band - don't want to spoil what could potentially be a couple cool surprises! Was obviously crossing my fingers to hear them last night but I can't complain, I've been spoiled rotten as a NIN fan.

botley
05-26-2022, 08:27 PM
No Pinion, no intro whatsoever, just straight the fuck into this shit here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uEOxK1Ior4

bryan_NIN65
05-26-2022, 09:13 PM
If they don't end up playing it - please let us know what it was

Any word on these two songs? Spoiler tags perhaps?

ImTheWiseJanitor
05-26-2022, 10:15 PM
They were fucking amazing, just as phenomenal as they were in 2018. I missed them so much and every show ends up being so special.

As I mentioned in the Tour Journal they did not play the two songs I heard being soundchecked that, if performed, would be firsts for this iteration of the band - don't want to spoil what could potentially be a couple cool surprises! Was obviously crossing my fingers to hear them last night but I can't complain, I've been spoiled rotten as a NIN fan.

I mean, you did say you’d say what they were...You can always spoiler tag it. But don’t say you’re gonna say it and then not say it. ^^’

Edit: I seem to be an idiot and don’t know how to read sometimes. My bad.

ickyvicky
05-26-2022, 10:21 PM
Still waiting on a surprise NY/NJ show announcement lol #WebsterHallPartTwo

Deacon Blackfire
05-26-2022, 10:57 PM
Says a lot about this community that I had considered slash was actively hoping for the exact same thing.

I mean, you did say you’d say what they were...

I don't believe I said that anywhere, actually, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Swykk
05-26-2022, 11:00 PM
Come on, dude.

ImTheWiseJanitor
05-27-2022, 08:55 AM
Says a lot about this community that I had considered slash was actively hoping for the exact same thing.

I don't believe I said that anywhere, actually, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

You’re totally right. I think I may have skimmed past the post below yours asking if you’d say what they were if they didn’t get played that night, and somehow my brain must’ve registered that as being another post by you for some reason. My apologies!

(That said - indeed, very cool.)

botley
05-27-2022, 11:32 AM
Holy shit, ninlive!

https://youtu.be/GVDw9ICFyxg

LexTron6K
05-27-2022, 12:42 PM

I sense the impending arrival of some IFDCs in future NIN sets.

fillow
05-27-2022, 02:24 PM
At least one of the soundchecked spoiler songs is listed on setlist.fm btw (in the show info below the actual setlist).

tricil
05-27-2022, 03:20 PM
you know, there's a picture of a setlist on Ilan's IG right now and it's from a festival and doesn't quite line up with shaky knees/rockvilles sets: https://www.instagram.com/p/CeEYkNJri-y/

wait disregard. this is nashville's set, but at rockville.

sonic_discord
05-27-2022, 03:56 PM
I sense the impending arrival of some IFDCs in future NIN sets.

Huh? What's that? Should I feel dumb for not understanding this right away??

Lastentrance
05-27-2022, 05:10 PM

I’m with you. Incredibly Fun Deep Cuts…?

ryanmcfly
05-27-2022, 07:04 PM
The Strokes pulled out due to Covid. Now Boston calling is getting two nin sets

roolfdriht
05-27-2022, 07:20 PM
If I had planned on Boston rather than Philly, no doubt I (1) would only have gotten a day pass for NIN and (2) would be frantically upending all plans and discarding budgetary considerations to make the second show.

Nothing like the simultaneous exhilaration and panic a surprise show produces!

botley
05-27-2022, 07:40 PM
HEY. Double. Boston. PIGS!

M1ke
05-27-2022, 07:46 PM
Wish I was there...so jealous!!

M1ke
05-27-2022, 07:50 PM
I just plugged it into google maps, I'm a 7 and a half hour drive....think I can make it in time?

sweeterthan
05-27-2022, 07:57 PM
lucky lucky LUCKY! i hope everyone has a great time.

Deacon Blackfire
05-27-2022, 08:02 PM
Bad luck for The Strokes and their fans, but great fortune for NIN fans. Excited for anyone who suddenly has a show #2 to look forward to!

FULLMETAL
05-27-2022, 08:05 PM
Wow! I would've enjoyed catching RTJ opening for NIN (assuming they had the same stage).

cahernandez
05-27-2022, 08:12 PM
The Strokes pulled out due to Covid. Now Boston calling is getting two nin sets

Those were going to see The Strokes gotta major ugprade!

ImTheWiseJanitor
05-27-2022, 08:14 PM
Wow! I would've enjoyed catching RTJ opening for NIN (assuming they had the same stage).

God, now I’m over here fantasizing about Trent coming out to play “Flyentology” with El-P and Killer Mike during their set. If only.

I’m still on the fence about seeing Rage Against the Machine next year, but I’ll be honest, I’d maaainly be going as an excuse to see RTJ play again. Those dudes are great.

sonic_discord
05-27-2022, 11:19 PM
I ALMOST went to Boston Calling too! I decided to do Red Rocks instead and see NIN at a headline show where they'll play a longer set and cross Red Rocks off my bucket list (I only have tickets to RR night 1 and both OR shows).

LexTron6K
05-27-2022, 11:29 PM

Instrumental Fragile Deep Cuts.

And no, please don’t feel dumb.

otnavuskire
05-27-2022, 11:41 PM
That was a fun show tonight. Trying to decide if I can justify $200+ to go again tomorrow...

sweeterthan
05-28-2022, 07:50 AM
That was a fun show tonight. Trying to decide if I can justify $200+ to go again tomorrow...

get a pass from someone who’s mad about the strokes cancelling. be like i’ll give you 50$.

otnavuskire
05-28-2022, 08:31 AM
get a pass from someone who’s mad about the strokes cancelling. be like i’ll give you 50$.

Working on it! Buying from random people sketches me out so much though.

EDIT: Fuuuuuck. Just saw that someone on twitter responded to a tweet I made offering me their 3 day passes for free. That was an hour ago though and they already gave them away to someone else. I do have a ticket supposedly promised to me for $100, but free would have been better! Wish I saw that tweet when it was posted!

ninlive
05-28-2022, 06:10 PM
Holy shit, @ninlive (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1141)!

*youtube vid*

Thanks! I was really proud how this turned out. Especially for it being my last show of the run of US shows! Had such a great time. :)

otnavuskire
05-28-2022, 06:48 PM
I’m fucking here! Got a pass for $100.

Zimbo
05-28-2022, 06:55 PM
Thanks! I was really proud how this turned out. Especially for it being my last show of the run of US shows! Had such a great time. :)

My elbows would have been dead. Cheers!

botley
05-29-2022, 06:24 AM
Boston #2:

https://youtu.be/NqPYEjoJclo

otnavuskire
05-29-2022, 06:43 AM
Boston #2:

I still can't get over that show last night. Such a great setlist, with some surprisingly deep cuts for a festival.

sweeterthan
05-29-2022, 07:51 AM
did EDIETS get played finally? it’s been on a few set lists while not being played at all.

otnavuskire
05-29-2022, 09:28 AM
did EDIETS get played finally? it’s been on a few set lists while not being played at all.

It did! That was one of the three songs that were firsts for me last night. Fashion and AATCHB being the other two.

Deacon Blackfire
05-29-2022, 09:41 AM
Wow they brought their A game to you NIN fans in Boston - those are some damn impressive setlists, especially for a festival! In fact the last minute 2nd headlining set they played last night is a strong contender for one of the best setlists they've ever played at a festival.

TheBang
05-29-2022, 10:28 AM
Boston #2:

Trent banters at 42:15 and 1:28:30

fillow
05-29-2022, 12:39 PM
Amazing center angle shot of speech + Terrible Lie

https://youtu.be/DFVJRxENtQI

LOL @ lights going off in the middle of the 1st verse for a good minute. Just doesn't feel like NIN festival show without any technical or weather fuckups.

Deacon Blackfire
05-30-2022, 01:35 PM
Just want to reiterate how unbelievably cool it is that I can revisit shows I went to only last week in such clarity and high-quality. The NIN community is unmatched when it comes to this kind of performance preservation so I just want to say once again, thank you so much to all of you (NINLive in particular for your herculean efforts) that have ensured these amazing sets are captured so beautifully. That I can so readily refresh such wonderful memories makes me grateful beyond words.

Will be curious to see if any more 2022 dates get added from here on out.

nooneimportant
05-30-2022, 11:20 PM
Amazing center angle shot of speech + Terrible Lie

https://youtu.be/DFVJRxENtQI

LOL @ lights going off in the middle of the 1st verse for a good minute. Just doesn't feel like NIN festival show without any technical or weather fuckups.

The lights just go bright for the rest of the song too, so you have a very rare moment of NIN in full view and no lighting tricks. It looks like the lights were still broken when they played Letting You afterwards.

fillow
06-09-2022, 10:29 AM
Listened to Boston Calling #1 tape the other day... I wonder if TR saying "I've got a confession to make" was intentional? Not sure if it was the best choice of words.

bryan_NIN65
06-09-2022, 08:48 PM
So anyone else notice how rare Terrible Lie is becoming? I mean I know most of us have heard it countsless time but it's only been played like 10 times in almost the last 8 years. I was actually super excited to hear it again in Franklin. Of course I know there is always the people who miss Closer too so maybe some are tired of terrible lie also.

henryeatscereal
06-09-2022, 09:48 PM
So anyone else notice how rare Terrible Lie is becoming? I mean I know most of us have heard it countsless time but it's only been played like 10 times in almost the last 8 years. I was actually super excited to hear it again in Franklin. Of course I know there is always the people who miss Closer too so maybe some are tired of terrible lie also.
i've seen NIN Live 6 times and they never opened with terrible lie, i hope they do that next time i see them, but it seems it's not that common...

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-13-2022, 11:26 AM

It does seem to be a little less common with these last couple of tours. Which is fine for me - even if I don't get every song I want, it's always nice having absolutely no idea what songs will be played next in a set. Anymore, they could play anything at all. Shit, I'm even happy to hear "Closer" again because it's not on every setlist anymore. Unpredictability is a nice little spice that's been getting used more with their recent tours.

Gotta say though, I've seen them open with "Now I'm Nothing/Terrible Lie" at least twice now, and that's prooobably my favorite opener combo. So fucking good. I'd love seeing it again at Red Rocks this fall (or any of the other western US shows, if I can make the trip work).

bryan_NIN65
06-13-2022, 11:17 PM
I've seen them open with "Now I'm Nothing/Terrible Lie" at least twice now, and that's prooobably my favorite opener combo. So fucking good.
I was lucky enough to have been at the Starlight show and it will definitely go down as one of my favorite shows ever, everything was so good. The flow and power of the Starlight Theater show was just perfect in my opinion. Although I found that each show especially in recent times is special enough so it's hard to pick a favorite. I constantly revisit the Starlight show due to the unbelievable recording from chaonatic.

fillow
06-14-2022, 01:23 PM
I think a huge upcoming setlist spoiler was just discovered in the UK rehearsal pics on discord (nin-live room). Or maybe they're trolling us hard. Read at your own discretion. Or wait for the show.

Lastentrance
06-14-2022, 07:16 PM
I think a huge upcoming setlist spoiler was just discovered in the UK rehearsal pics on discord (nin-live room). Or maybe they're trolling us hard. Read at your own discretion. Or wait for the show.

You’re gonna have to help me out with that one…!

otnavuskire
06-14-2022, 07:20 PM
You’re gonna have to help me out with that one…!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/968570666934763540/986304394301698078/74A0191-jc.jpg

There appear to by lyrics on a stand to Ilan's left. Zooming in on the lyrics seems to possibly spoil something.

versusreality
06-14-2022, 07:28 PM
I can't make out one word on that sheet lol

I have a guess though.

otnavuskire
06-14-2022, 07:51 PM
I can't make out one word on that sheet lol

I have a guess though.

There's no doubt what the lyrics are to. Just wonder if they're trolling, or actually might be playing it live.

imail724
06-14-2022, 09:51 PM
What's it say

nooneimportant
06-14-2022, 11:48 PM
UK Rehearsal pics show a new stage setup. Ilan and Atticus are positioned differently but I think it might be because the stage is small.

Here's a pic but don't click the link if you're going to the shows and you wanna be surprised.

https://i.imgur.com/hetdAc0.jpg

otnavuskire
06-15-2022, 05:31 AM
What's it say

It's the lyrics to Sunspots