PDA

View Full Version : Alcatraz

Mech
01-16-2012, 10:40 PM
Caught the premiere tonight and both my girlfriend and I really enjoyed it. Being Lost fans, there were a couple of funny chuckles at the beginning but the show got pretty serious and intense shortly after. Definitely will be staying tuned for this.

PQHooligan
01-17-2012, 02:13 AM
Poor Hugo/Hurley - stuck on another island!

I'll have to check it out tomorrow!

Mech
01-17-2012, 07:58 AM
Yeah exactly! He had a pretty good line in relations to that.

profane
01-17-2012, 04:52 PM
I just watched it and I'm not really impressed to say the least. The JJ tv formula seems to be played out. Only just the score reminds me to much of Lost. In Fringe I could take it but now it really throws me off. I want to be in this story and not to be reminded by another. Even te characters have huge resemblances with characters from Fringe. Although I will still be watching this next week, because it's too early to draw conclusions and I like Sam N., I'm not to positive on the future of this show. It's already better then Person of Interest though.

october_midnight
01-17-2012, 06:14 PM
The better half and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Better than Person of Interest however it is not.

kdrcraig
01-18-2012, 07:03 AM
Watched the first episode, not into it at all. I usually give a show a few episodes before I stop watching it but I'm not gonna bother with this one. Plenty of other stuff to watch and I really didn't like it, started the second episode but just turned it off.

ImTheWiseJanitor
01-23-2012, 02:33 PM
*Tries looking up Jack Sulvayne in government database* "ACCESS DENIED." *Types it in google instead*

I laughed :D Also, at Hugo's all-around mannerisms. "I can't talk about it....It's a task force...Secret FBI stuff...But I can't talk about it." But really, I'm liking the show so far. So many questions, and it seems like we're getting more questions than answers at this point, but I think that as long as they change that up in the next few episodes and end the season with a smidge of insight about what's going on, it'll be okay. I just don't want them to leave a lot of things open-ended in the event that they don't get a second season.

konstantin
01-24-2012, 02:29 PM
it's entertaining, but really, is the investigation part of the show supposed to be mocking everything TV has taught us? sure, let's just steal evidence and start an investigation for no reason (out of boredom maybe?) every time the female lead made any kind of decision on the fly, i was like "um, what?!" also her boobs seemed to be a character on its own.

profane
01-25-2012, 08:31 AM
Yes her boobs are what's most entertaining and engaging to me. I think I might have a problem.
In all seriousness, I'm going to stick to this show but as aforementioned they need to pick up on the mythology somewhat quicker then only the last minute of an episode. I kinda like the characters and hope they get fleshed out more soon.

Jadezuki
01-25-2012, 05:38 PM
I really WANT to like this show. I mean really. I know I'll keep watching, but it still has some work to do for me before I consider it a "good" show. Maybe because Sarah Jones' boobs have no power over me.

ImTheWiseJanitor
01-26-2012, 01:10 AM
I've got a loose theory about what might explain why the prisoners are "coming back" at the same age they were back in 1963. I'd tag it as a spoiler, but considering I'm not getting into any details here, and it's just complete speculation, I think I'll just leave it out there for brain food.

Clones of the original prisoners?

Mech
01-26-2012, 10:48 PM
How would clones explain the disappearance in the first place though?

ImTheWiseJanitor
01-27-2012, 03:13 PM
How would clones explain the disappearance in the first place though?

Eh, no idea. Like I said, it's pretty loose and doesn't explain everything. Maybe the originals were taken somewhere and dealt with so that they'd be kept out of the public eye for 50 years and forgotten. But then again, you'd think that if whoever's calling the shots wanted to lose any suspicion, they would have just taken a few prisoners and told their family that they'd died of sickness or something simple - not make the entire prison population disappear.

It's probably way off. And the little "procedure" at the end of episode 3 basically threw me.

bobbie solo
02-01-2012, 12:42 AM
im really trying to be patient with this show. the procedural aspect of the show and typical TV conveniences are testing my patience though.

profane
02-01-2012, 03:47 PM
im really trying to be patient with this show. the procedural aspect of the show and typical TV conveniences are testing my patience though.

Same here, that's what made me give up on Person of Interest early on and what might happen with this show if it wasn't for the mystery aspect overarching the show. But it really needs to pick up in a big way soon. Really soon.

Piko
03-30-2012, 12:08 PM
Crazy show from start to finish. Can't wait for season 2, if there even is one. Sure there will be though.

Pretty sure she's going to survive. Tommy probably stabbed her in order to show her. She most likely inherited his blood

Amazing show though!

october_midnight
05-09-2012, 09:26 PM
Cancelled. (http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/09/fox-touch-renewed/)

Piko
05-09-2012, 11:33 PM
Well fuck!

Mech
05-10-2012, 07:42 AM
Not really surprised about the cancellation. My gf and I only bothered to watch about 40 min of the finale. It's still on the DVR, but it's not something we HAVE to watch every week.

Piko
05-10-2012, 07:57 AM
I watched it every single week on hulu. Not a single episode that I found boring. Pretty bummed out by this. Especially with the cliffhanger they left us with.

Mech
05-10-2012, 08:33 AM
I don't think any were boring, it just got pretty dull not really knowing why they were coming back one by one.

Piko
05-10-2012, 10:24 AM
They never got a chance to fully explain. They did a little bit in the finale. They vaguely showed how it might have happened. I really liked the show. Think it's problem is that it was put up against some serious competition. If it were on another night, it might have done better IMO.

Mech
05-10-2012, 12:46 PM
You have a point, there. My DVR is pretty full on Mondays. I will have to finish the finale sometime.

ImTheWiseJanitor
05-10-2012, 02:09 PM
At least the talks of it being passed on to another network or something are going on. I only made it about halfway through the season (because of the internet, I have no patience to watch one episode a week :P), but I really liked what I saw!

Piko
05-10-2012, 02:11 PM
I really hope this gets picked up by someone else. This makes me a really sad panda.