PDA

View Full Version : The Scott Lucas Thread (Local H, Scott Lucas & The Married Men, Prairie Cartel)

Somewhat Damaged
01-14-2012, 10:53 AM
New albums this year from both Local H and The Married Men.

Most of the H album can be heard in concert bootleg form on various shows and the stuff sounds really good. And if you haven't heard it, here's a demo from last year called Cold Manor (http://soundcloud.com/triple-fast-action-man/cold-manor-demo) which I imagine will be on the album.

The new Married Men album should be great too, if the improvement from the first album to the EP they released later is any indication.

Anyone else excited?

protomike
01-15-2012, 06:28 PM
been a fan of Local H for at least half my life, and i'm just about thirty now, when a friend introduced me to Ham Fisted back in 95. wow i feel old typing that. met Scott, Joe, and eventually Brian plenty of times at the 9:30, black cat, tla, north star, et cetera of bars around philly/dc/baltimore. i used to have two friends who wrote for the Philadelphia Inquirer... so i actually got to drink maker's mark with Scott a few times and bitch about women with him, which was something he was always down to joke about.

can't wait for new Local H, but never really was able to get into The Married Men. maybe i'm just too use to the H... but i am looking forward to a new Local H album and can't wait to hear a more polished version of cold manor.

poinoup
01-17-2012, 12:55 PM
Big fan of Local H. I saw them in a small club in Calgary back in 2008 and it was a damn fun time. Scott and Brian were awesome and hung out after the show for a few drinks with us.

Really enjoyed 12 Angry Months, awesome that a new CD is out this year. But I still have yet to listen to the Married Men.

protomike
04-16-2012, 08:28 AM
So is any one seeing them on there recent tour? Any thoughts on scott? Turns out my ex's band is opening for them this Wednesday a whole three miles from where I just moved. Kinda debating on it. She wants me to go, half the songs are about us, and the other half are about the guy shes with now. Do I skip the show to not see her with her new guy, or should I go?

Deepvoid
04-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Love Local H. Saw them a few times in their early days. Gabe even sneaked us in a show that was 18+. The good old days ..
Joe was hitting that drum so hard, it was never the same without him.