PDA

View Full Version : 2021.09.19 CANCELLED - Chicago, IL @ Riot Fest

sweeterthan
05-14-2021, 11:31 AM
https://riotfest.org/chicago/lineup/

Zimbo
05-14-2021, 12:24 PM
Christ. TO go or not to go! Lots of travel to and from Milwaukee to Chicago to Milwaukee to Ohio back to Milwaukee. Hm

EDIT: So RTJ are playing Summerfest on the 17th (the Friday) so they're more likely to be playing Riot on Sat/Sun. Really hope SP is that Friday and NIN on Sunday.

Swykk
05-14-2021, 12:30 PM
Let’s fucking gooooooooooooo

Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell)
05-14-2021, 12:45 PM
jesus fuck. NIN headlining. Faith No More AND Mr Bungle also playing. 1st time ever Patton has played shows w both bands on the same bill after 30 years of keeping them far apart. Plus Dinor Jr.Literally my 4 favorite bands playing......Might have to make the trek to CHI.....

m0reta
05-14-2021, 12:47 PM
Is there a chance for more passes to be on sale later? Looks like only VIP DELUXE is available at the moment. If not, that's okay...can do a single day at least for NIN.

Hope the stage isn't so HIIIIGGGHHH...urgh.

SM Rollinger
05-14-2021, 02:18 PM
I went in 2017 and if I had the means right now I would go again, this is a great festival.

Opt for the VIP if it includes a drink pass.

ninlive
05-14-2021, 03:49 PM
I’m in. See you all there!

Sarah K
05-16-2021, 05:08 PM
For some reason I feel like I remember seeing they were confirmed for Friday night. Is this true, or is this part of my thesis-writing-sleep-deprived hallucinations? Think we are going to go to RF and then head to Cleveland. Just trying to work out logistics.

Krazy
05-16-2021, 06:01 PM
For some reason I feel like I remember seeing they were confirmed for Friday night. Is this true, or is this part of my thesis-writing-sleep-deprived hallucinations? Think we are going to go to RF and then head to Cleveland. Just trying to work out logistics.

no confirmation I don’t think, but that’s the speculation (Reditt???). They’re also the “first” band on the poster if you’re reading it like a book, so that usually means the headliner for the first night.

ninlive
05-16-2021, 06:35 PM

It was on nin’s website, you’re not crazy!

Sarah K
05-16-2021, 08:48 PM
It was on nin’s website, you’re not crazy!

Ah, yes! Thank you! I was searching literally everywhere else.

sonic_discord
05-20-2021, 10:06 AM
So what bands do we think could be added to the lineup this week (I'm guessing they'll announce the FULL day-specific lineup and single-day tickets tomorrow)? I'm sure it'll be mostly smaller bands being added at this point, but Rob Zombie and The Offspring are on tour and have openings, so maybe one of them will be added? Rob Zombie, Chevelle, and Avatar (who is playing at Louder Than Life) will be in the area, as they're all playing a really small music festival in Clarkston, MI called Riff Fest on Saturday, the 18th (but maybe that's close enough that they can only do one?). Judas Priest will also be in the area (playing in Ohio on Sept. 17 & in Milwaukee on Sept. 22, as well as playing Louder Than Life). Mastodon, Rise Against, Mudvayne, Disturbed, 3Teeth, and Stone Temple Pilots all appear to have openings around Riot Fest and are playing one of the other festivals, as well (I'd only be interested in Mastodon and 3Teeth out of those bands, personally). Red Fang seems like another possibility, as do Fitz and the Tantrums (who will be at Summerfest on the 16th), The Struts (who play Summerfest on the 17th), Everclear (Summerfest on Sept. 9), and even Filter (Summerfest on Sept. 11).

sonic_discord
05-20-2021, 07:46 PM
Single-day lineups & additional bands will be announced tomorrow at 10am CDT. Single-day tickets go on sale at noon CDT.

Swykk
05-21-2021, 10:15 AM
Was really crossing my fingers for FNM and NIN on the same day but Sunday it is. Saturday’s line up is real good, though but I think driving to and from Chicago two days in a row would be hard plus my dumb neuropathy body.

Sarah K
05-21-2021, 10:19 AM
So happy that the NIN website was wrong and they are on Sunday! Having 3 empty days before Cleveland was gonna be annoying.

Moebius
05-21-2021, 10:45 AM
For posterity:

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 19

NINE INCH NAILS, PIXIES, MACHINE GUN KELLY, DEVO, MR. BUNGLE, NEW FOUND GLORY, SIMPLE PLAN, THE GHOST INSIDE, THURSDAY, K.FLAY, KNUCKLE PUCK, HEALTH, THE BLED, MOTHER MOTHER, GWAR, 3OH!3, FEVER 333, ALEX G, WHITE LUNG, KENNYHOOPLA, BLEACHED, THE GORIES, FACS, RATBOYS, BLACKSTARKIDS, SKATING POLLY, PET SYMMETRY, MELKBELLY, GYMSHORTS, THE WEAK DAYS, AIRSTREAM FUTURES

https://riotfest.org/2021/05/daily-lineups-2021/

halo eighteen
05-21-2021, 10:51 AM
FACS are great, fyi. Saw them open for Explosions in the Sky a few years ago.

sonic_discord
05-21-2021, 11:42 AM
Does anyone know how fast the single-day tickets sell out? I'm trying to convince a friend to go with us on Sunday.

magnolia
05-21-2021, 11:50 AM
Does anyone know how fast the single-day tickets sell out? I'm trying to convince a friend to go with us on Sunday.
Pretty quickly, I think. I wouldn't hesitate for long

Moebius
05-21-2021, 11:54 AM
Yeah I would definitely grab it now. You can always resell later.

hellospaceboy
05-21-2021, 11:59 AM
Good luck guys... 1 minute to sale!

m0reta
05-21-2021, 12:02 PM
haha..nooo! A queue!

Edit: Yes! Ticket secured.

Swykk
05-21-2021, 12:07 PM
I made it! So happy!

nmitchell86
05-21-2021, 12:10 PM
I'll see you at Riot Fest... And in Cleveland! I always wanted to follow the Pixes around, haha.

hellospaceboy
05-21-2021, 12:13 PM
Success!
(not I keep checking in panic to make sure I bought it for the correct day!!!)

RJK
05-21-2021, 12:14 PM
Got my ticket!

Mr. Blaileen
05-21-2021, 12:18 PM
Got my ticket, though the rest of the lineup for that day doesn't interest me tons and the price made me flinch a bit. Oh well. NIN!!!!!

thenorthwood
05-21-2021, 12:27 PM
Ticket secured! After an internal debate I splurged and bought Deluxe VIP for Sunday. I thought about how many times I’ve flown to see NIN and this was cheaper than those trips.

somewhat_
05-21-2021, 12:32 PM
Successful, finally!

buckets of lube
05-21-2021, 12:35 PM
Holy shit, got a ticket right away at the $99 level (plus fees). No queue whatsoever.

magnolia
05-21-2021, 12:35 PM
God damn it I'm a sucker. Splurged and got the Deluxe. See y'all there.

Endlessly
05-21-2021, 12:37 PM
See you all there :)

pigpen
05-21-2021, 12:49 PM
I did it!
See you all in Chicago!

thenorthwood
05-21-2021, 12:55 PM
It looks like Sunday single day tickets are already entirely sold out at all pricing tiers.

Sarah K
05-21-2021, 01:05 PM
We will have two regular GA Sunday tickets if anyone missed out. He grabbed those and I grabbed VIP ones solely because I am a whiny princess and cannot stomach the thought of the festival Portapotties. ��

I believe they are Will Call and require ID, meaning you’d have to actually meet us there that day.

Swykk
05-21-2021, 01:17 PM
God damn it I'm a sucker. Splurged and got the Deluxe. See y'all there.

Same. I’m getting too old to fest and plus, I wanted to treat myself.

m0reta
05-21-2021, 01:31 PM
Have they continued with the side by side stages since 2017? I'd really like to catch Devo too and that kitty corner with a T-bone barrier made it pretty nice to catch almost every band at the time.

buckets of lube
05-21-2021, 01:48 PM
We will have two regular GA Sunday tickets if anyone missed out. He grabbed those and I grabbed VIP ones solely because I am a whiny princess and cannot stomach the thought of the festival Portapotties. ��

I believe they are Will Call and require ID, meaning you’d have to actually meet us there that day.

GA will be e-tickets, from what my confirmation email said.

I also hope that it'll be possible to see Devo in full, and still get a good spot for NIN.

magnolia
05-21-2021, 01:51 PM
Have they continued with the side by side stages since 2017? I'd really like to catch Devo too and that kitty corner with a T-bone barrier made it pretty nice to catch almost every band at the time.
I haven't been back since 2017, but here's the 2019 map.
https://riotfest.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/CHICAGO_map_2019_web-1-1.png

magnolia
05-21-2021, 01:56 PM
This will be our third or fourth time at Riot Fest, we went for the first time a year or two before NIN headlined and loved every second of the weekend there. It's our favorite festival of all the different ones we've been to. RF is not at all as pretentious feeling as some of the others out there... If you haven't been before, highly recommend to go earlier in the day and check everything out, even down to the carnival rides and the Hellzapoppin Sideshows (if they're back, I don't know if they are going to be or not). Don't know how different it will be now after COVID and such, but I imagine it'll still be a great time.

sonic_discord
05-21-2021, 02:46 PM
I've had 3-day VIP passes since last August (was tempted to buy Deluxe, but I bought them LONG before I knew NIN would be there). Happy to see pretty much everyone here who wanted to go was able to get tickets. I'll see you fellow pigs in the pit!

halo eighteen
05-21-2021, 04:12 PM
Was somehow able to score Deluxe tickets before Sunday sold out. Guess I'm gonna be getting back to Chi-town!

sonic_discord
05-24-2021, 02:49 PM
Does anyone have an extra pair of 3-day passes (GA or VIP tickets) they're looking to sell? I have a couple of friends who are interested.

Mick_E
06-03-2021, 07:18 AM
Took a right old punt on this. Got two tickets for Sunday but I'm hoping Covid restrictions are relaxed before then as I'm coming over from England.

case
06-08-2021, 11:01 AM
Does anyone have an extra ticket to this show ? Looking to make a trip to Chicago from San Diego to see them.

case
06-08-2021, 11:23 AM

Do you still have these tickets? I'm in need of one if so

Sarah K
06-08-2021, 03:35 PM
Do you still have these tickets? I'm in need of one if so

Sorry, all of our spare tickets are already sold!

case
06-08-2021, 08:39 PM
Sorry, all of our spare tickets are already sold!
Bummer! If you know of anyone who has extra please reach out here or PM

pwing47
06-11-2021, 10:37 AM
Anyone know if the main stage lineup has been announced, or when that usually comes out? Then I can mentally prepare myself for hanging out in a pit for an entire day, something I haven't done since 2014 (for QotSA at Sasquatch Festival, and well worth it).

I'm officially too old to really enjoy festivals anymore, but I must say that my one Riot Fest experience I've had was maybe the best of all the festivals I've been to.

I don't actually have a ticket to this yet, but hoping to snag one for a not-too-outrageous between now and September.

Also, hoping some HEALTH+NIN live debut action happens onstage!

SM Rollinger
06-11-2021, 11:17 AM
Anyone know if the main stage lineup has been announced, or when that usually comes out? Then I can mentally prepare myself for hanging out in a pit for an entire day, something I haven't done since 2014 (for QotSA at Sasquatch Festival, and well worth it).

I'm officially too old to really enjoy festivals anymore, but I must say that my one Riot Fest experience I've had was maybe the best of all the festivals I've been to.

I don't actually have a ticket to this yet, but hoping to snag one for a not-too-outrageous between now and September.

Also, hoping some HEALTH+NIN live debut action happens onstage!

In 2017 they announced stage line ups the same time single day passes went on sale.

Also, don't get your hopes up about a NIN crossover with another band. In 17 Saul Williams, Ministry and New Order all played the same day as NIN and we got absolutely nothing. (Except for the debut of The Background World, that was rad.)

fillow
06-11-2021, 12:42 PM
Also, don't get your hopes up about a NIN crossover with another band. In 17 Saul Williams, Ministry and New Order all played the same day as NIN and we got absolutely nothing. (Except for the debut of The Background World, that was rad.)

See also: NIN+QOTSA 2014 tour. No collaborations despite so many studio crossovers.

pwing47
06-11-2021, 01:40 PM
In 17 Saul Williams, Ministry and New Order all played the same day as NIN and we got absolutely nothing. (Except for the debut of The Background World, that was rad.)

Yeah, good point. I guess I am more optimistic about it given that their collab with HEALTH was so recent. In my brain, here is what happened:

TR: * opens phone and scrolls to H section in contacts *
TR: Hey guys, saw you are playing in Chicago in a few months. Remember that song we just worked on? What do you think about playing that together at the start of our encore? And then you can help us jump into [fill in the blank with some other NIN crowdpleaser]?
H: * all nod heads *

Ah well, a guy can dream. TBH, at this point, it's been long enough seeing NIN that even if the festival shows end up being greatest hits + 1 or 2 deep cuts (even medium deep) I would still sleep happy for about a year straight.

sonic_discord
06-11-2021, 01:50 PM
Yeah, I think the odds are more in our favor this time around since "Isn't Everyone" is the closest thing to a NIN single we've had since 2018. You could argue that it's in their best interests to play that song.

implanted_microchip
06-18-2021, 09:30 AM
For anyone posting about needing tickets, as of this morning the second batch of single days are still available (I ordered one for a friend in the last half hour). case I know you were looking, hope this helps!

eversonpoe
06-18-2021, 03:26 PM
For anyone posting about needing tickets, as of this morning the second batch of single days are still available (I ordered one for a friend in the last half hour). @case (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=7882) I know you were looking, hope this helps!

^^^ this amazing human got me a sunday ticket because i'm hosting them while they're in town and i can't even begin to describe how eternally grateful i am

pwing47
06-23-2021, 03:55 PM
For anyone posting about needing tickets, as of this morning the second batch of single days are still available (I ordered one for a friend in the last half hour). @case (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=7882) I know you were looking, hope this helps!

Darn, I wasn't paying close enough attention last week and missed out :\ Oh well, if anyone ends up happening to have an extra at some point, I'm interested!

buckets of lube
06-24-2021, 10:04 AM
Likely will not happen, but how cool would it be if there's a surprise aftershow in Chicago on Monday 9/20, similar to how Panorama NYC got one in 2017.

Mister Squishy
06-24-2021, 01:33 PM
Has anyone else considered the possibility that we'll see a one-off, expanded version of the band for these shows? Like, given that the shows sort of commemorate the HOF induction, we could possibly see Lohner and Vrenna join the band for at least part of the set?

I donno.

Either way, I'm really hoping to go to this. Got two Sunday tickets back when they went on sale, knowing it's a gamble (I'm in Canada, and borders are still closed I think? Also, no way in hell I can do a two-week quarantine when I get back... I'm reading crazy shit here about the Delta variant too. Fuck.)

I mention it because you guys'll be the first to know (closer to the date) if it looks like it's impossible for us Canadians to join you. I wouldn't want you to get your hopes up or anything, but feel free to PM in advance if anyone's looking for POSSIBLE tickets to this.

If I can go though, I'm going goddammit.

sonic_discord
06-24-2021, 02:02 PM
Has anyone else considered the possibility that we'll see a one-off, expanded version of the band for these shows? Like, given that the shows sort of commemorate the HOF induction, we could possibly see Lohner and Vrenna join the band for at least part of the set?

That's what I'm hoping for! (I mentioned it in the general C&B&I tour thread here (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/6202-NIN-Live-Performance-2021-Now-I-m-Waving-Goodbye-to-COVID-Infinitely-With-Teeth-JA?p=537810#post537810)) I'm hoping that Danny and Chris can join the band for a few songs, maybe their favorites that they mentioned on the R+RHOF conversation (Vrenna = Happiness in Slavery, Lohner = Mr Self Destruct or Wish). This seems much less likely, but Devo is playing at Riot Fest, so it would also be cool if Josh Freese made a guest appearance during NIN's set that night. Devo has a show in NYC on the 21st, so the Cleveland shows probably aren't an option for him. I can't wait to see what they've got in store for us...

somewhat_
06-25-2021, 05:38 PM
Darn, I wasn't paying close enough attention last week and missed out :\ Oh well, if anyone ends up happening to have an extra at some point, I'm interested!

Hi pwing47, I sent you a pm.

Swykk
08-03-2021, 11:36 AM
Hey guys, Riot Fest updated their rules. You need a copy of your vax card or a negative COVID test to get in now.

https://riotfest.org/chicago/faq/

magnolia
08-04-2021, 10:07 AM
Hey guys, Riot Fest updated their rules. You need a copy of your vax card or a negative COVID test to get in now.

While that's great news, I still feel like people can easily forge those things. : /

TheBang
08-04-2021, 01:22 PM
While that's great news, I still feel like people can easily forge those things. : /
They can, and do, but at least it's some level of barrier to entry, rather than just being a free-for-all or on-your-honor.

Magnetic
08-04-2021, 02:36 PM
They can, and do, but at least it's some level of barrier to entry, rather than just being a free-for-all or on-your-honor.

Judging how the vax card review at Lollapalooza went, it isn't going to be much of a barrier. You could have held up a grocery list on a 4x6 card and got in.

nmitchell86
08-04-2021, 06:31 PM
This is good news about requiring to be vaccinated or have a negative test. The web site states to bring your vaccine card or a photocopy. I sent them a message asking if a picture on my phone is acceptable or if they are requiring a physical hard copy... If they respond to me I'll post up what they tell me. AND FURHTER MORE.... go get a vaccine if you haven't already and you are a regular person that can get a vaccine AND... is anyone taping this show? (and/ or the Cleveland Shows?)

suprefan
08-05-2021, 01:37 PM

this isnt Lolla where those kids were going to do it. Riot skews a bit older so youre likey going to have more responsible people. Plus who is willing to fork over $50 just cause.

ninlive
08-06-2021, 05:01 AM
AND... is anyone taping this show? (and/ or the Cleveland Shows?)

Hi.

Every show.

I've been waiting patiently for 18 months to tape a show.

nmitchell86
08-06-2021, 06:50 AM
Hi.

Every show.

You fuckin' RULE! Thank you!

tony.parente
08-06-2021, 10:59 AM

Those poor employees that have to check and deny entry. They don't make enough to deal with those chuds.

EDIT: "NO CM Punk" lol

Swykk
08-06-2021, 12:44 PM
Oh that’s a whole angle, dude. I think he’s friends with the RF folks.

magnolia
08-06-2021, 03:01 PM
this isnt Lolla where those kids were going to do it. Riot skews a bit older so youre likey going to have more responsible people. Plus who is willing to fork over $50 just cause.

I'm aware of the crowd difference - I've been to Riot before.
But people there will still try to get around it, no question.

Asshats are everywhere, unfortunately.

SM Rollinger
08-16-2021, 02:22 PM
Hi.

Every show.

You coming the Hellfest too?

ninlive
08-16-2021, 03:22 PM
You coming the Hellfest too?

No. At least for 2021, I am doing every show (hopefully). Honestly won't travel outside the country for awhile, sadly.

Swykk
08-19-2021, 12:10 PM
We are probably fucked when it comes to getting a refund, right?

implanted_microchip
08-19-2021, 12:15 PM
We are probably fucked when it comes to getting a refund, right?

God I hope not. They let everyone do it because of MCR rescheduling at the start of the year way in advance. I remember at the time thinking that bands like them, The Weeknd etc. all pushing to 2022 was a sign of what would happen but held out hope. But at this point I wouldn't be surprised either way, Riot hasn't even made the actual passes available and it's supposedly under a month out. They sounded wildly cocky in their email earlier this year about how it "would happen no matter what" but who's to say.

Swykk
08-19-2021, 12:23 PM
I just sent a rather polite request via Eventbrite to RF. I’m not expecting a positive result but we will see.

Sarah K
08-19-2021, 12:24 PM
They do have an official ticket exchange (https://riotfest.lyte.com/711744). Threw mine up on here, as it seems like a better resolution than other options. Will let y'all know if they move and what the process is like.

sonic_discord
08-19-2021, 12:47 PM
If you got GA, you can probably very easily sell to someone else and transfer the ticket. If you bought VIP or higher, might be out of luck unless they make an announcement regarding refunds (which they should, given this fucking shitty news).

RJK
08-19-2021, 12:52 PM
Refunds available through Monday.
https://riotfest.org/2021/08/new-headliners-21/

https://tixel.com/options/event/5d6f0fcf-dd2a-4061-a441-41af70a60c25

suprefan
08-19-2021, 12:52 PM
Slipknot replacing NIN

halo eighteen
08-19-2021, 01:02 PM
Refunds easy peasy. Would've preferred they got booked next year like MCR did, but I bet we'll still be in this position a year from now thanks to anti-vaxxers.

Swykk
08-19-2021, 01:31 PM
I certainly appreciate RF doing the right thing here.

Would’ve loved to meet you folks there but hopefully I’ll see you down the road.

buckets of lube
08-19-2021, 05:14 PM
Refunds available through Monday.
https://riotfest.org/2021/08/new-headliners-21/

https://tixel.com/options/event/5d6f0fcf-dd2a-4061-a441-41af70a60c25

Y'all figure out how to get the refunds for Sunday? The link doesn't give you anywhere to click.

RJK
08-19-2021, 05:16 PM
Y'all figure out how to get the refunds for Sunday? The link doesn't give you anywhere to click.Click the second link

thenorthwood
08-20-2021, 09:43 AM
Disheartened, but not surprised about NIN pulling out of the festival. It was something to look forward to this year. Thankful a refund was offered and the process was smooth. I’ll continue to shore up vacation time from work in hopes of a show sometime in the future. Damn.

buckets of lube
08-20-2021, 09:52 AM
Click the second link

Did you just click Contact the Organizer when logged into Eventbrite, and request a refund? That's all I ended up doing.

Endlessly
08-20-2021, 02:23 PM
Did you just click Contact the Organizer when logged into Eventbrite, and request a refund? That's all I ended up doing.

You may need to log in to Eventbrite, then click the Tixel link again, which gives you an option to request the refund (I think the option specifically had the text "I can't make it"). Hopefully the Eventbrite mthod will work as well, though?

I've put in my request, hopefully it'll go through. I was pleasantly surprised to see that they were offering a refund option at all, tbh.

implanted_microchip
08-20-2021, 02:33 PM
For those concerned about the refund, I had tickets to last year’s Riot and got refunded when it was postponed, it took about 4 or 5 business days and then it was in my account and I got an email confirming it had been sent to me so hopefully it’s just as smooth this time. As long as you got the email acknowledging your request I think you should be fine.

thenorthwood
08-22-2021, 10:54 AM
The wording of different articles about NIN cancelling their RF appearance leaves me curious. Some state Slipknot to replace NIN, while others state Morrissey and Slipknot to replace NIN. The latter implies that NIN may have been the surprise headliner Thursday night? If that happened I would have been gutted since only three day pass holders bought by a certain time had access to the Thursday night performances prior to the NIN cancellation, and I just had Sunday passes.

Of course this is all a moot point now.

suprefan
08-22-2021, 04:48 PM
I mean it wouldve made some sense to have had NIN twice on Riot. Seems there wasnt going to be a warm up show prior so why not travel to Chicago and use Thursday as a way to make Sunday better. They arent the kind of act to go cold turkey into even a small set of dates. There was still a warm up previous to the festival dates in 2017 and even the bonus NY show. Diff times of course, but still.

halo eighteen
08-22-2021, 04:52 PM
The wording of different articles about NIN cancelling their RF appearance leaves me curious. Some state Slipknot to replace NIN, while others state Morrissey and Slipknot to replace NIN. The latter implies that NIN may have been the surprise headliner Thursday night? If that happened I would have been gutted since only three day pass holders bought by a certain time had access to the Thursday night performances prior to the NIN cancellation, and I just had Sunday passes.

Of course this is all a moot point now.

I think Consequence of fucking Sound being one of /the main publications to make that claim should be all you need to know.

Moebius
08-23-2021, 07:28 AM
i don't think they literally meant Morrissey is replacing NIN as the Thursday headliner, just that Riot Fest are promoting his addition as a way to soften the blow.

sonic_discord
08-23-2021, 10:15 AM
I think they said that just so they could use the follow-up punchline "No word on who is replacing Morrissey."

Discobunny
08-23-2021, 10:55 AM
i don't think they literally meant Morrissey is replacing NIN as the Thursday headliner, just that Riot Fest are promoting his addition as a way to soften the blow.

Haven't we all suffered enough without having to endure Morrissey as well?

halo eighteen
08-23-2021, 01:04 PM
Pixies have canceled as well.

suprefan
08-23-2021, 01:12 PM
I think Consequence of fucking Sound being one of /the main publications to make that claim should be all you need to know.

well theyre based in Chicago and want to try to seem like they still get scoops.

imail724
08-23-2021, 01:38 PM
Pixies have canceled as well.
Oh shit. The dominoes are falling...

Endlessly
09-10-2021, 07:24 PM
Finally got my Sunday refund, btw - I was genuinely afraid that I'd still be waiting after the fest entirely, wondering if I should have tried to resell instead.

Erneuert
09-11-2021, 04:13 AM
RIP Earth

? - 2019

thenorthwood
09-11-2021, 08:53 AM
Sunday refund was processed yesterday and shows as pending on my Visa.

Swykk
09-11-2021, 10:23 AM
My refund is also pending so that’s about as positive an outcome as possible.

What a sad needless thing. We could’ve saw NIN close Riot Fest (their set in 2017 was excellent) but dumbfuck antivaxxers ruined it for everyone.

nmitchell86
09-11-2021, 12:27 PM
Sunday refund is inbound (and I got my refund for the Cleveland shows.) I ended up using this money to fill in some vinyl holes in my collection. Once those come in I'll post up in the collecting area and shout out my source. It's my consolation prize to myself. ohhh well, one day we'll be through all this.

sonic_discord
09-11-2021, 12:45 PM
RIP Earth

? - 2019

Not sure what this means. Can you explain?

Erneuert
09-11-2021, 03:50 PM
Not sure what this means. Can you explain?

Just me thinking out loud about how everything has been shitty since the end of 2019, now in the third quarter of 2021 and things still being canceled.

sonic_discord
09-11-2021, 09:18 PM
Just me thinking out loud about how everything has been shitty since the end of 2019, now in the third quarter of 2021 and things still being canceled.

Gotcha. Yeah, it's pretty damn depressing and this whole pandemic thing has most definitely overstayed its welcome (not that it was ever welcome to begin with).

Swykk
09-14-2021, 01:12 PM
Damn, Faith No More canceled too.