PDA

View Full Version : 2020--concerts that you didn't go to (cancelled or postponed) & last show you went to

GulDukat
10-11-2020, 11:59 PM
In 2020 I had tickets to see:

March- Stone Temple Pilots at the Wilbur in Boston. Show was supposed to take place 3/12, but was cancelled because lead singer Jeff Gutt needed back surgery. This was right before the lockdown, so I don't know if it would have gone on had he not needed surgery.

April- Sebastian Bach in Boston. Show was moved to November and as far as I know was not cancelled, but I don't see how that show isn't pulled.

July- Guns N' Roses with Smashing Pumpkins at Fenway Park. This was moved to next summer. Not sure if the Pumpkins will still be on the bill. I was really looking forward to this.

September- Aerosmith with Extreme at Fenway Park. Moved to September of 2021. Supposed to be their 50th anniversary show.

Last show that I attended was The Cult in Boston at the House of Blues in December of last year. Great show.

dlb
10-12-2020, 04:35 AM
There have been quite a few shows this year that I would have loved to see. Yet the one that hurts the most for me was Beck in June as I've never seen him live and he's been on my bucket list for a loooong time. Was also really looking forward to Russian Circles in April, but I've seen them a few times so that didn't hurt too much although a few friends and me attend every show here as it's our little highlights to see them together.

The Rammstein show in Berlin in June would have been another little highlight for me as I would have met a few great people there and finally get to see a show at the Olympic Stadium. I've written a thesis about the Olympic Games in high school, but never got to take a tour. Seeing a show, and my sixth Rammstein show, at this very historic place would have given me some nice closure.

I was also deeply bummed out that Roadburn Festival in the Netherlands was cancelled. What a neat line-up with Emma Ruth Rundle and Perturbator curating the whole thing. It was all booked and set up on my end and I wanted to meet so many people there... fingers crossed they can do that soon somehow!

My last show was Highly Suspect and Calva Louise on March 9th. Fun show, but not something for the history books as I had free tickets and we got pretty drunk that night. Nice send off into lockdown though. :D

otnavuskire
10-12-2020, 04:56 AM
Shows I've missed: War on Women here in Vermont. Some random black metal shows here in Vermont. Rammstein at Gillette Stadium in MA. Probably would have traveled to one of the NIN shows on their cancelled tour.

Last show: Mr. Bungle in Brooklyn in February.

botley
10-12-2020, 05:24 AM
Ugh — this thread is a fuckin' bummer, man. I had Rolling Stones, Roger Waters, and Rage Against the Machine tix, and that's just the letter R.

Did get to see Christone "Kingfish" Ingram at the Horseshoe Tavern right before lockdown, so that was good.

Kingforaday
10-12-2020, 06:07 AM
The last show I saw was Tool in Melbourne, Australia in February. Just third time seeing em. 2001, 2011, 2020 all ten years apart. Glad I got that one in.
Most likely to cancel:
Helmet: 30th anniversary show in November. Just waiting for the cancelation notice, any day now.
Very sad.

versusreality
10-12-2020, 06:08 AM
the last show I went to was Nine Inch Nails at Radio City Music Hall in oct 2018. didn't have any shows I was planning on this year, can't really afford concerts. the good news is when tours eventually start up next year, probably the 2nd half of next year, I'll be able to afford them again.

Space Suicide
10-12-2020, 06:12 AM
Guaranteed

Mayhem with Abbath and Gatecreeper - April 2nd in Charlotte would’ve been the date. I bought the ticket in December or so and was so stoked to see Mayhem and Abbath on the same card but alas it didn’t happen.

Potential

Slipknot with Code Orange, Underoath and A Day To Remember - June 17th in Charlotte would’ve been the date. Mainly for Slipknot and Code Orange if I went to this. It would have been at a venue I don’t fancy and pricy. Either way, it didn’t happen obviously.

Sarah_Munn
10-12-2020, 06:31 AM
Rammstein, Ricoh Arena, Coventry. Would have been my first time seeing them and it's on my doorstep. Bummed out but it has been rescheduled for 2021. If that happens, who knows?

WorzelG
10-12-2020, 10:45 AM
Last show was Lindemann at the end of February in London (so I have seen a show this year).
I was supposed to see Whitesnake which was straight cancelled, and Thunder, Rammstein, Blancmange and Clannad (which are all rescheduled for next year)

Rammstein, Ricoh Arena, Coventry. Would have been my first time seeing them and it's on my doorstep. Bummed out but it has been rescheduled for 2021. If that happens, who knows?
Me too - I also got a bus booked to get me back to Cardiff but luckily that has just been transferred over to the new date.

BRoswell
10-12-2020, 10:59 AM
I didn't have any shows officially planned for yet, but I was starting to save up for them when everything shut down. The last show I went to was the Ghostly International 20th Anniversary show in Chicago last October.

sonic_discord
10-12-2020, 11:07 AM
Shows I Actually Attended in 2020:
Jan. 13: Atmosphere, The Lioness, Nikki Jean, DJ Keezy (First stop on the Whatever tour)
Feb. 28: Atmosphere, The Lioness, Mink (Musab & Inkwell), Nikki Jean, DJ Keezy (Final stop on the Whatever tour)

Postponed Shows:
Cloud Cult with the Minnesota Orchestra (New date: TBD)
Rage Against the Machine, Run the Jewels (New date: July 2, 2021)
The Eagles (New date: October 2, 2021)
Hella Mega Tour: Green Day, Weezer, Fall Out Boy, The Interrupters (New date: August 23, 2021)
Rammstein, Duo Jatekok (New date: September 3, 2021)

Cancelled Shows:
Tool, The Acid Helps (June 6)
The Smashing Pumpkins – Rock Invasion 2 tour at Hard Rock Hotel in Hollywood, FL (originally May 3, rescheduled to October 14, then cancelled)
Nine Inch Nails, Jehnny Beth (October 11 at the Minneapolis Armory)
Nine Inch Nails, Jehnny Beth (October 12 at the Minneapolis Armory) (Obviously I didn't actually buy tickets to these, but I definitely would have been there)
Judas Priest, Sabaton (September 27)

So yeah, It was shaping up to be a pretty awesome year for concerts and would have included a few long-awaited firsts for me (RAtM, Rammstein, Eagles), as well as several of my favorite bands (NIN, Tool, Smashing Pumpkins).
Let's hope that concerts are safe again soon and 2021 can make up for 2020...

allegro
10-12-2020, 11:27 AM
Tickets purchased (not all "concert" but whatever):

Janet Jackson: Postponed
Dead Can Dance: Postponed
Bolshoi Ballet Swan Lake: Postponed
American Ballet Theater: Mixed Repetoire - Canceled
Next Restaurant "Japan" - Canceled
The National Ballet Theatre Of Odessa's Romeo & Juliet: Canceled
Chicago Blackhawks Partial Season Subscription, (remaining): Canceled
Chicago Symphony Orchestra Season Subscription (remaining): Canceled

virushopper
10-12-2020, 12:10 PM
Last show I attended was Tool back in January.

Potential shows:

Tool - two dates in June
Failure - all three nights in July.
Rammstein - September
NIN - At least 2 dates in September

richardp
10-12-2020, 12:26 PM
Last show I saw in person was:
POPPY in late February like RIGHT before it all took off. It was prevalent enough that I remember looking around the crowd between sets and half-assed wondered if anyone in the room had it.

I had tickets for:
Rage Against The Machine/Run The Jewels (POSTPONED, but I'm expecting it to be canceled eventually)
Tool (CANCELED)
Deftones/Gojira/Poppy (CANCELED)

WOULD have had tickets to:
Nine Inch Nails/Jehnny Beth (CANCELED)

Soooooo yeah it would have been a very good year for me in concerts.

ViN
10-12-2020, 05:02 PM
I had tickets to Rage Against the Machine/RTJ, Deftones/Gojira and Korn/Faith No More/Helmet that all got refunded.

Last show I saw was Tool with Killing Joke in November, hey at least I finally got to see them after 13 years of trying and failing to.

Endlessly
10-12-2020, 06:59 PM
Last show: EOB @ Lincoln Hall

Tickets for: Hayley Kiyoko @ Aragon (which would've been before US lockdowns, but she cancelled for other reasons), Mew @ 9:30 Club and Bowery Ballroom (booked a week's vacation to catch the ATGHK anniversary tour!), Purity Ring @ the Riv, Bauhaus @ Aragon, Greg Dulli @ Metro. I was considering catching EOB again @ Metro when, well...y'know.

bobbie solo
10-13-2020, 02:47 AM
I'm seeing Manchester Orchestra do an acoustic set this weekend outdoors on a farm in CT. Socially distanced, etc. I'm pretty fucking psyched out of my mind to actually be going to a show.

https://www.manicpresents.com/e/manchester-orchestra-acoustic-121407397795/

https://static.tixr.com/static/images/external/img/692c14ad-e639-4ec3-accd-3402b241f94a.png

dlb
10-13-2020, 07:31 AM
Funny enough there are still six shows that need to be cancelled for me (most importantly Midnight). They haven't been called off so far and I wonder if they can pull through as some pretty wild gigs in this town still went down this year from what I've heard.

Otherwise, since the day of the lockdown in Germany in March, it's 13 cancelled shows and 8 postponed ones on my side, not counting in everything that would have been announced for 2020...

As of today I still managed to see 30 shows in 2020. My highlights being The Murder Capital, Chicks on Speed, Ride, Liam Gallagher and Angel Olsen. Slipknot/Behemoth was pretty neat as well, but I usually hate huge arenas and like richardp I was already a little anxious on that day wondering who might be infected.

Fadeout54321
10-13-2020, 07:55 AM
This thread makes me feel sad...I had an AWESOME! run of shows that were supposed to happen in May, oh well. Here's what this year looked like as of mid-March.

April 02: Sepultura @ the Paradise in Boston POSTPONED
May 19: Rage Against The Machine @ the United Center Chicago (i was going to be there for business and was going to buy a ticket on the secondary market) POSTPONED (I probably wont go now)
May 21: Madness @ The House Of Blues in Boston (this was to be my first time seeing them, been a fan since the mid 90's) POSTPONED
May 22: Madness @ the Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC POSTPONED
May 23: Rage Against The Machine @ Boston Calling Festival in Boston (sure there were other bands but i was only going to see Rage) CANCELED
July 15: Minisrty @ the House Of Blues in Boston POSTPONED

Last show I saw Deadmau5 at the House of Blues in Boston on 1/17. I had gone to the show 2 nights earlier and had such a great time i bought a ticket for the Friday night show. It was totally worth it.

ickyvicky
10-13-2020, 01:04 PM
I had tickets to see Deftones/Gojira/Poppy tour and Pet Shop Boys/New Order tour - they're both postponed to next year, but I asked for a refund back because I'm hella broke now and who the hell knows where the world is then.

Last concert I attended was Tool in November 2019 in Brooklyn, NY.