PDA

View Full Version : Black Sabbath / Heaven & Hell

Stereo75
01-09-2012, 05:58 PM
What a way to start a thread :(. Tony Iommi has cancer. I just started my own cover of 'Planet Caravan' this morning - now I have to read this?

Copied from the Winnipeg Sun website:

"It’s a dark day for Black Sabbath fans: Guitarist Tony Iommi has been diagnosed with cancer.
The 63-year-old rocker’s illness was revealed in a post on the band’s Facebook page Monday morning, and arrives on the eve of the heavy metal godfathers’ much-anticipated reunion tour and album.

“With the news that Black Sabbath’s Tony Iommi has been diagnosed with the early stages of lymphoma, his bandmates would like everyone to send positive vibes to the guitarist at this time,” the post reads.
“Iommi is currently working with his doctors to establish the best treatment plan — the “IRON MAN” of Rock & Roll remains upbeat and determined to make a full and successful recovery.
“This comes as Black Sabbath — Ozzy Osbourne (vocals), Tony Iommi (guitar), Geezer Butler (bass) and Bill Ward (drums) — are writing and recording their first album in 33 years in Los Angeles (still set for release this fall) with producer Rick Rubin. They will now go to the UK to continue to work with Tony. Further information will be released as it becomes available.”
The band announced their reunion on Nov. 11. Their forthcoming album would be their first record together since 1978’s disappointing Never Say Die. Black Sabbath are slated to kick off a world tour with an appearance at England’s Download Festival in June."

First we lose Ronnie & now this? Fuck!

Conan The Barbarian
01-09-2012, 06:37 PM
yeah really horrible.

That site know as ultimate guitar tabs or whatever. bunch of fucking assholes. all they care about is that this doesnt affect touring. Really?

I hope he recovers though, which I think he will.

thevoid99
01-09-2012, 06:56 PM
I don't think I can deal with another big cancer death. Losing Ronnie was pretty bad. My grandmother just died of stomach cancer last August. I hate cancer.

onthewall2983
01-09-2012, 07:23 PM
The word I'm hearing is is that they caught it early, so he has a good chance of beating it.

october_midnight
05-18-2012, 06:18 PM
Everyone by now has probably heard that drummer Bill Ward won't be doing any of the shows coming up shortly since they, well, didn't want to pay him anything (srsly...) but in a pretty big turn of events...

..they've cropped him out of all the vintage pictures on their official website. (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2012/05/bill-ward-cropped-out-of-black-sabbath-images-on-bands-site.html)

Pretty dick move.

Sutekh
05-18-2012, 07:38 PM
love them both, but I think it's questionable how people were jizzing over heaven and hell...
...and yet suddenly it's NO BILL NO SABBATH

But yes they have treated him awfully, and it's surely a matter for the trading standards authority if you advertise a tour with him at the press conference ("reunion" etc) and then suddenly backtrack.

But I've seen the original lineup play most of the first 3 albums so what do I care ;) ner

Conan The Barbarian
05-19-2012, 09:14 AM
Sad thing for bill really. I got to see the original lineup. My beef is everyone seems to be pointing the finger at Sharon when she has nothing to do with Sabbath. They are under different management.

aggroculture
05-19-2012, 09:57 AM
Sharon doesn't represent Ozzy in and out of Sabbath? Source?

shazbot
05-19-2012, 02:09 PM
She does represent ozzy but she does not represent black sabbath. They all have their different management.

This whole thing stinks but i would love to see them live once in my lifetime.

Sutekh
05-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Geezer says that the donington show is not a money maker and basically for the fans, and the brum show is a charity thing, bill wanted money for both but apparently nobody is really getting anything

ManOfAtom
05-19-2012, 04:12 PM
That's such bullshit! Like Download appearance fees are peanuts!

Sutekh
05-19-2012, 04:45 PM
Heres my speculation - the new sabbath LP is written solely by oz/tony/geezer. I reckon bill got a smaller % somewhere along the line because of that, and he's pissed

Highly Psychological
05-19-2012, 05:35 PM
Maybe its a bit soon for someone recovering from fucking cancer to go out on the road.
That amount of pressure and stress cant be good for him?
Is Ozzy really any good live anymore performing? Saw him in 2002 it was like watching somone with severe dementia. I doubt he has much of a say in things.
Their management sucks.
Whole thing looks bad. Shame this group were so fucking mindblowing
I love this groups 70s output.
proper weed, acid music. epic ultra dark psycadelica.
The album cover for paranoid has always really really terrified me. Very powerful image. Pure psychosis!

Sutekh
05-19-2012, 05:38 PM
I saw them in 2005... I thought it was great but I was smashed. Mrs said the band were good but Ozzy just seemed knackered and out of his depth

shazbot
05-19-2012, 05:39 PM
Heres my speculation - the new sabbath LP is written solely by oz/tony/geezer. I reckon bill got a smaller % somewhere along the line because of that, and he's pissed Yeah, the other three has been in UK with Tony for a while and writing the album, bill has not.

onthewall2983
05-19-2012, 06:58 PM
From their Facebook...

"At the request of Bill Ward, through his attorney, so as to not give the public the wrong impression about his involvement in the current Black Sabbath lineup, we have temporarily removed Bill Ward's images from the main pages of the blacksabbath.com official website. In accordance with Bill Ward's attorney's request, we are doing so for the duration of the forthcoming shows." BLACK SABBATH

thevoid99
05-19-2012, 09:48 PM
Fuck you Ozzy. It's bad enough you had to do Pepsi commercials with the Osmonds and fuckin' Justin Bieber. It's bad enough that you have to attend a dinner with W. says "Ozzy, mom loves your stuff." And now you stiff an old friend.

SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY
05-20-2012, 07:00 PM
^-------Insert douche here!

october_midnight
05-20-2012, 07:33 PM
BLACK SABBATH drummer Bill Ward has released the following statement:

"Dear SABBATH fans and musicians,

"I have read Geezer's [Butler, BLACK SABBATH bassist] statement (http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=174208) of May 19, 2012 titled 'Heavy Heart.' Out of respect for the Birmingham gig, I wanted to wait 24 hours before releasing this statement. There are some points he brought up which I want to respond to.

"1) I had indeed notified Ozzy [Osbourne, BLACK SABBATH singer], Tony [Iommi, BLACK SABBATH guitarist] and Geezer well before my first public statement that I was having contractual difficulties.

"2) I came out into a public forum to be accountable to the fans primarily, and to say at a public level there's a problem. The band members stopped talking and corresponding with me some time ago, with the exception of a nice letter from Tony on my birthday. Prior to that, Geezer and I were corresponding, but that stopped abruptly in late February after I emailed a specific question to him.

"3) In my statement of May 15, I clearly stated I would play Birmingham for free. That was not a problem — charity or otherwise.

"4) My Download fee was not an extravagant amount. Originally, when Download was part of a full tour, I had asked for a decent fee. More recently, as we were negotiating just Download/Birmingham and Lollapalooza, I told my attorney that I would accept the proposed small Download fee, but there were other parts of the offer that were unsatisfactory.

"I will continue to be honest and respectful towards the band and our fans. I will also confront any untruths about me, and any fault-finding missions aimed at me that come to my attention.

"I hope the band and the fans had a good gig in Brum."

"Stay safe/stay strong."

henryeatscereal
05-24-2012, 09:02 AM
Setlist from the May 19 show:

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv219/Metaltim/April%202012/797b68a6a1e011e19e4a12313813ffc0_7.jpg

They played "Under the Sun", Holy crap!!!

Conan The Barbarian
05-24-2012, 09:16 AM
that is a bad ass setlist right there/

henryeatscereal
05-24-2012, 09:18 AM
it is, opening with "Into the Void"? = Great idea!

aggroculture
05-24-2012, 05:20 PM
Too good to not share: someone wrote this on FB: "Back Stabbath."

october_midnight
05-24-2012, 05:25 PM
Watched some live videos of their first show back, sounded pretty solid. That setlist is absurd. 20+ songs per show is pretty damn good.

keysersoze
05-25-2012, 10:23 AM
Dio >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ozzy

henryeatscereal
05-25-2012, 10:47 AM
Dio >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ozzy
As a singer?

Yes

Sutekh
05-27-2012, 07:35 PM
Dio is obviously more competent than Ozzy, and tbh Ozzy solo can be fun but is just cartoonish trash

BUT

first few Sabbath albums are totally better than anything Dio has ever done. TBH I'm probably just getting carried away & I know old sabbath did songs about robots and devils etc, but old sabbath is earthy, throaty music... it's from the same stable as Led Zep etc

It's akin to blues as Dio is to opera

Dio is massively entertaining but it's nerd stuff, it takes me away rather than hits me in the heart. I'm not condescending - I am an arch no-lifer. But that's how it is

henryeatscereal
05-28-2012, 10:40 PM
Oh my, what a jerk, but he made me laugh hard...

http://cdn.tn.com.ar/sites/default/files/imagecache/nota-600x338/2012/05/21/black-sabbath.jpg

Sutekh
05-29-2012, 04:31 AM
lol...

I got the 2 disc Born Again the other day... it's a such a crap album, but I love it. oooo the greyyyy plastic retaards

henryeatscereal
05-29-2012, 08:42 AM
"Born again" is awesomely bad, love the horrible "cavern sounding" production and Gillan's voice, "Zero the Hero" is one of my fave Sabbath tracks (but i also love "Disturbing the priest")

WorzelG
08-07-2012, 07:04 AM
I'm near the end of Tony Iommi's autobiography, there was a funny story that while recording Born Again a vicar visited them with a petition wanting them out as they were too noisy, and that was the influence for 'Disturbing the Priest'

(this was responding to the previous post but it's got stuck at the top of the next page)

henryeatscereal
08-07-2012, 08:39 AM
^ Great history, thanks for sharing!

On Topic: Black Sabbath played in Lollapalooza with almost the same set as Download, they are not longer opening with "Into the Void" and there's no "Under the Sun" :(

Set list here (http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/black-sabbath/2012/grant-park-chicago-il-7bdce6fc.html)

richardp
08-08-2012, 01:16 AM
I was there at the show at Lolla and it was awesome. Hung out towards the back and had a blast. Although the lame ass dubstep bro crowd all split between Bassnectar at Perry's and The Black Keys. Sabbath had a really small crowd, but that just made it feel more intimate. The guitarist from Jeff The Brotherhood stood next to me for a while and we cheered and sang together. Pretty cool.

henryeatscereal
08-08-2012, 03:56 PM
Such a shame, Sabbath deserves a huge crowd!

Space Suicide
12-22-2012, 01:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-99XWJWckw

<33333

Underrated song and album.

october_midnight
01-14-2013, 11:40 AM
New album, "13", drops in June. (http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/jan/14/black-sabbath-new-album-13)

SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY
04-18-2013, 02:33 PM
God is Dead? (and I Ozzy cares)
http://www.iheartradio.com/player/?mid=23086234

LaneSax
04-18-2013, 09:57 PM
did not expect the single to be this good honestly. Very excited for 13 now.

henryeatscereal
04-18-2013, 10:01 PM
Holy fuckin shit!!! need this album now!!!

LaneSax
04-18-2013, 10:20 PM
on youtube as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVfUimq2KeI

frankie teardrop
04-19-2013, 12:22 PM
ps:
http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/602-Black-Sabbath-Heaven-amp-Hell?highlight=black+sabbath

henryeatscereal
04-19-2013, 12:42 PM
Thread is dead

frankie teardrop
04-19-2013, 12:55 PM
right. that's why you bump it with new info instead of starting a new one.

staleincense
04-19-2013, 04:26 PM
Really looking forward to the new album now!

simonn
04-19-2013, 04:48 PM
Heard the single tonight - liked it, particularly Geezers work on the solo. No Tony solo is odd, but, liked the riffs, made me go and play Sabbath on the bass for an hour!

aggroculture
04-19-2013, 11:38 PM
It's awful.
But then again, I don't understand Sabbath worship. To me Led Zep are a million times heavier and more interesting.

thevoid99
04-20-2013, 12:25 AM
I'm not sure if I want to hear this song. The idea of the original Sabbath w/o Bill Ward, unless it's the Dio-led Sabbath w/ Vinny Caprice on drums, just doesn't seem right.

Conan The Barbarian
04-20-2013, 05:35 AM
It's awful.
But then again, I don't understand Sabbath worship. To me Led Zep are a million times heavier and more interesting.

Blasphemy!!!!!!!

Space Suicide
04-20-2013, 09:34 AM
The new song sounds good. Added sense of doom in the instrumentation, something this band has always been good at and always will be.

think i'm a fire engine
04-20-2013, 10:46 AM
I'm not sure if I want to hear this song. The idea of the original Sabbath w/o Bill Ward, unless it's the Dio-led Sabbath w/ Vinny Appice on drums, just doesn't seem right.

I get that everybody was hoping for a reunion, but Sabbath has had so many lineups I can't get why it really matters anymore. Bill Ward has flaked out on reuniting with Sabbath twice now. Heaven and Hell as a band should've been called "The Mob Rules."

This new song is okay, but really doesn't need to be as long as it is. And it's definitely not better than Bible Black.

SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY
04-21-2013, 09:06 PM
Led Zepplin are good but I will never be able to get around all of their need to steal other peoples music.

SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY
04-21-2013, 09:11 PM
Perhaps you should read up on all the various lineups of Sabbath over the years. Vinny replaced Bill and I don't see everyone whining about that! I LOVE Bill and think highly of him but my take on the situation is that if Bill played with them they would have to hire a backup drummer for the whole tour because his health would not allow him to tour at a vigorous pace. He was a great drummer but age/substance abuse can take a toll on extremely physical activities like drumming. I wish he was there too but its just not possible.

thefragile_jake
04-21-2013, 09:43 PM
It's okay...but just sounds like something you'd hear on like some kind of Ozzy solo record. I think the production is too clean and kind of hurts the song in a way.

imail724
06-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Anyone listen to the stream? I'm about half way through right now and its pretty damn great imo

Conan The Barbarian
06-03-2013, 11:20 PM
I ripped it to hold me down till next week. Its fucking awesome

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY
06-04-2013, 01:00 AM
YES it is F'n awesome!!!! I am on track 5 and think it kicks ass! It is totally Sabbath! I kinda get the Ozzy solo comparisons but then I just listen and hear what is obviously Tony and Geezer TEARING shit up!!!

poinoup
06-04-2013, 11:06 PM
Yeah, I'm digging this. I did not expect them to reinvent the wheel with this album, I just wanted new Sabbath. They delivered to me...

Zeitgeist is awesome.

simonn
06-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Heard the standard (8 track) version of the album today. Have to say, it bloody rocks - in a way that any Sab afficianado should approve of. The album, while produced well, could easily pass for the prime time mid 70's era from a song writing aspect. Everyone holds their end up, and Brad Wilk does a sterling job of replacing Bill Ward. There's nothing new here, but for once, that doesn't really matter - this is just a band doing what they do, very very well.

thefragile_jake
06-08-2013, 08:51 AM
I don't know. It sounds like they tried to copy themselves and didn't even do a good job it. I wasn't impressed at a full listen.

Sutekh
06-09-2013, 01:06 AM
Perhaps you should read up on all the various lineups of Sabbath over the years. Vinny replaced Bill and I don't see everyone whining about that! I LOVE Bill and think highly of him but my take on the situation is that if Bill played with them they would have to hire a backup drummer for the whole tour because his health would not allow him to tour at a vigorous pace. He was a great drummer but age/substance abuse can take a toll on extremely physical activities like drumming. I wish he was there too but its just not possible.

Yep, metallers are full of shit. Everyone worshipped heaven and hell even though that was sabbath with 2 replacement members, but dismiss the current reunion because it has a different drummer. Different drummer is out of order, but becomes ok if you replace the singer too, metaller logic, torn between the need to make sense and the need to worship dio

LaneSax
06-10-2013, 11:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhhOU5FUPBE

henryeatscereal
06-11-2013, 11:26 AM
wasn't crazy about the video but what the hell, the important thing is in the music...

thefragile_jake
06-11-2013, 12:41 PM
What a hilarious music video.

What is it with older established heavy metal/hard rock bands having videos with goofy CGI work?

This video reminds me of Tim and Eric hilarity.

ninedead
06-11-2013, 11:33 PM
album is on google play so ive been listening to that and the new qotsa today and im happily surprised by what great music i have to listen to right now by both bands!!! 13 definitely sounds like 70s sabbath the only sabbath i personally know and love!

simonn
06-13-2013, 07:30 AM
album is on google play so ive been listening to that and the new qotsa today and im happily surprised by what great music i have to listen to right now by both bands!!! 13 definitely sounds like 70s sabbath the only sabbath i personally know and love!

New QOTSA/Alice In Chains/Black Sabbath/Megadeth - it's been an amazing few weeks!

henryeatscereal
06-16-2013, 06:16 PM
Had the chance to listen to it today, the album is great and im glad they recorded this!

Now im looking forward to October when im catching them live!!!

Sutekh
06-17-2013, 10:35 AM
Unlce acid & the deadbeats supporting uk dates! Amazing! Truly if there is a band in the uk underground that gives off the early sabbath vibe... Saw their first show in islington and it was fantastic, really a cut above all the other bands of that kind

i really am bowled over at what a good choice they've made!

Stereo75
04-17-2014, 12:16 AM
If you're going to a 2014 Canadian show, buy the poster. Don't spend 40 on a shirt - though there are 2 nice ones. The hoodie is overpriced & generic.
Buy the poster.
It's HUGE!
and only 10 bucks, in Winnipeg!
I bought 2!

cahernandez
09-30-2014, 10:48 AM
Black Sabbath to record new album in 2015 and embark on final tour: http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/news/2014-09-29/world-exclusive-black-sabbath-to-record-new-album

GulDukat
03-08-2015, 06:34 AM
@WorzelG (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/members/811-WorzelG)

Been listening to some of the Tony-Martin-era albums and they are better than I remember. Put on Headless Cross for the first time in ages and it's actually a pretty solid album. Always dug The Eternal Idol and Cross Purposes. ​I'll have to listen to the other two later on.

GulDukat
04-30-2015, 10:15 AM
I don't want to start a new thread about a relatively obscure band, but I just got Badlands first album, with Ray Gillan (who briefly sang with Sabbath) and Jake E. Lee (Ozzy's guitarist in the 1980's) and this album fucking rules. It's like old-school Aerosmith meets Zeppelin--fantastic album. It's out of print which is a shame.

Maximilian
04-30-2015, 10:49 AM
I don't want to start a new thread about a relatively obscure band, but I just got Badlands first album, with Ray Gillan (who briefly sang with Sabbath) and Jake E. Lee (Ozzy's guitarist in the 1980's) and this album fucking rules. It's like old-school Aerosmith meets Zeppelin--fantastic album. It's out of print which is a shame.

Oh yeah, they're fantastic. Check out their other two albums, too. You won't be disappointed.

GulDukat
04-30-2015, 11:08 AM
Oh yeah, they're fantastic. Check out their other two albums, too. You won't be disappointed.
Nice, thanks. The follow-up costs 30 bucks, used, on amazon. Too bad they are out of print. I'll check out their other albums though.

armogi
09-03-2015, 12:49 PM
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/black-sabbath-announces-the-end-world-tour/

WorzelG
09-03-2015, 02:01 PM
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/black-sabbath-announces-the-end-world-tour/
I'll assume they're adding Europe dates later.

armogi
09-03-2015, 08:02 PM
I'll assume they're adding Europe dates later.

most likely, if this is truly the final tour it HAS to end at home in England.

bryan_NIN65
09-07-2015, 10:49 PM
I can't fucking wait. I am wondering if tickets will be hard to get. Did anyone go to the 13 tour? How were the ticket sales? This is the first time for a Missouri show since 04!!!

bryan_NIN65
09-11-2015, 09:44 PM
Well I got tix for the KC show today. I got lower bowl seating in the back. I was hopping it would have been tier 3 ($50 something + charges) pricing as it was for NIN. I would gladly pay cheaper for the tix I got as the side ones were still tier 1 $150+. I fucking hate sitting on the sides especially for NIN show.

dvdglss
05-06-2016, 12:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O8eHT71OI4

I/B/O/W

little tribute to Iommi, Butler, Ozzy, n Ward

GulDukat
04-10-2018, 06:16 AM
The new Black Label Society is excellent. Nothing ground-breaking, it's sort of like AIC meets Sabbath, but it's damn good. I didn't want to create a new thread, so I figured this one is close enough.

I'd take BLS over anything Ozzy has done since 1991.

Pillfred
07-27-2018, 02:14 AM
Came up at work, I said it, randomly. Does Black Sabbath get recognized like they should?

Krazy
07-27-2018, 02:36 AM
Came up at work, I said it, randomly. Does Black Sabbath get recognized like they should?

How do they not?

Theyre always in the top five (usually higher) of any “best of metal bands ever” poll, and rightfully so. Just a year or two ago they had a farewell arena tour that I think sold fairly well (don’t quote me on that). And even headlined huge festivals like Lollapalooza somewhat recently.

They may may not be the Beatles or U2 but considering the type of music/genre they play their legacy is cemented.

Hell, even the one-word names of Ozzy and Dio are household names like Jordan and LeBron. (That may be a stretch admittedly but there’s no confusion on who else one may be talking about. Don’t even bring up Dr. Oz lol)

Maximilian
07-27-2018, 02:42 AM
Indeed, I see them getting their props constantly. I'm proud to say I got to say I got to see the original line-up at Ozzfest 2001 even though I was dehydrated from drinking beer all day in the hot Texas sun and felt shitty at the time.

Sutekh
07-30-2018, 09:34 AM
You know a band are legends when their millions of terrible later albums are forgotten and forgiven

What's your favourite Shit black Sabbath albums? Obviously born again is the funniest, but im always amazed at how headless cross sounds nothing like black Sabbath. What is it

MrLobster
06-20-2019, 01:16 AM
So I picked up that 2017 "The Ultimate Collection" (vinyl) last week and I gotta say, it sounds fantastic! Quickly became one of my favs for this year.

laci
07-03-2019, 02:30 AM
Master of Reality was my fav. album from them for years. Never thought it would change, but it did. Now my personal fav. is Vol. 4. What an album...

GulDukat
07-03-2019, 06:06 AM
You know a band are legends when their millions of terrible later albums are forgotten and forgiven

What's your favourite Shit black Sabbath albums? Obviously born again is the funniest, but im always amazed at how headless cross sounds nothing like black Sabbath. What is itWorst album is easily TYR or Forbidden. Born Again is 10,000 times better. It's really a shame that the master tapes are lost, because a cleaned-up, re-mixed Born Again would have been great.

LaneSax
11-08-2019, 01:54 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMAAMfHgO4Q

Conan The Barbarian
11-08-2019, 11:53 AM
That sounds very Black Sabbathy

bobbie solo
11-08-2019, 04:04 PM
it's not terrible. Def. some good aspects. "Fair" overall. Surprised.

GulDukat
11-08-2019, 07:30 PM
Chad Smith and Duff Mckagan are his band on the album.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/ozzy-osbourne-ordinary-man-album-band/

Erneuert
11-09-2019, 02:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMAAMfHgO4Q

Damn, I really dig that!

LaneSax
11-22-2019, 08:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oZqKtuvDx4

Not as good as the first single

LaneSax
12-19-2019, 08:02 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuzyA5gDa4E

LaneSax
01-06-2020, 10:25 AM
https://youtu.be/kSRNrVjISRQ

ickyvicky
01-21-2020, 10:38 AM
"Ozzy Reveals Parkinson's Disease Diagnosis"

https://pitchfork.com/news/ozzy-osbourne-reveals-parkinsons-disease-diagnosis/

bobbie solo
01-22-2020, 12:50 AM
PLEASE...time to hang it up now. For your own sake Ozzy. You don't owe anyone any more shows and you have all the monies. Sharon is such a fucking ghoul.

Lerxto
02-13-2020, 06:09 PM
https://townsquare.media/site/295/files/2020/01/Ozzy-album-1600x1600.jpeg?w=980&q=75

It was a nice listen, I was prepared to say that it's one of those good Ozzy solo albums, until Post fucking Malone and some Travis Scott showed up and pissed all over it.

ManBurning
02-14-2020, 05:37 PM
https://townsquare.media/site/295/files/2020/01/Ozzy-album-1600x1600.jpeg?w=980&q=75

It was a nice listen, I was prepared to say that it's one of those good Ozzy solo albums, until Post fucking Malone and some Travis Scott showed up and pissed all over it.

It's actually not half bad.
But it's kind of sad in a way, because he's singing about death and heaven and going away on almost every single song. You can tell he's ready to go, and this might be his farewell to us.
Kind of a grim listen when you listen to the words, he knows he's on his way out. Still not a bad listen. I didn't even mind the Travis Scott song. But Post can go fuck off.

Scary Little Green men is my standout song of the bunch.

onthewall2983
02-23-2020, 04:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN2FYIhGwaA

GulDukat
02-25-2020, 01:38 PM

It was a nice listen, I was prepared to say that it's one of those good Ozzy solo albums, until Post fucking Malone and some Travis Scott showed up and pissed all over it.Just gave the new album a listen and I love it. Easily his best since NMT--but yeah, the last song is fucking awful, embarrassingly awful.

LaneSax
03-02-2020, 10:14 PM
Finally got my copy. Good album if this is his last. Could have been better send off without "It's a Raid"

onthewall2983
12-02-2020, 12:30 PM
CITcysNgNSy

GulDukat
06-26-2021, 08:57 PM
Master tapes found for Born Again. Might be remixed. (https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/tony-iommi-says-original-tapes-for-black-sabbaths-born-again-album-have-been-found-im-thinking-of-remixing-it/?fbclid=IwAR24TFhMkSEyC3qW0gJknRZ57ViAGrSJzr8P4VHe dFupePXtqrwGhePb5hc)

LaneSax
06-24-2022, 10:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_6DfxA6LiI

LaneSax
09-28-2022, 09:47 AM
No fans of the new record?
some great guests on it too

henryeatscereal
09-28-2022, 01:07 PM
No fans of the new record?
some great guests on it too
The new record is surprisingly good, loved the track with Clapton

GulDukat
09-28-2022, 01:18 PM
I listened to it once and thought it was very strong. Too bad Slash and Jimmy Page aren't on it.

GulDukat
01-20-2023, 08:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFjCm96zGSY

Erneuert
02-01-2023, 05:22 PM
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-02-02/rocker-ozzy-osbourne-not-physically-capable-of-upcoming-tour/101919538

British rocker Ozzy Osbourne says he is "not physically capable" of going on a European and UK tour this spring, as he is too weak for all the necessary travel involved in live shows.

The 74-year-old has undergone years of treatment after a 2019 fall damaged his spine and exacerbated injuries from a 2003 quad bike accident.

In a post on Instagram on Wednesday, the former Black Sabbath frontman announced the news, saying it was "probably one of the hardest things I've ever had to share with my loyal fans".

"My one and only purpose during this time has been to get back on stage. My singing voice is fine. However, after three operations, stem cell treatments, endless physical therapy sessions, and most recently groundbreaking Cybernics (HAL) Treatment, my body is still physically weak," Osbourne said, referring to a treatment involving a mechanical exoskeleton.

"I am honestly humbled by the way you've all patiently held onto your tickets for all this time, but in all good conscience, I have now come to the realisation that I'm not physically capable of doing my upcoming European/UK tour dates, as I know I couldn't deal with the travel required."

bobbie solo
02-01-2023, 11:22 PM
good. Just stop. Please just stop. Retire gracefully.

Erneuert
02-02-2023, 05:37 PM
good. Just stop. Please just stop. Retire gracefully.

It looks like he's looking at options to do other lower-key shows so he doesn't have to travel far. So he still will perform to some capacity it looks like.

Erneuert
09-12-2023, 08:05 AM
Do we have an Ozzy thread? Couldn’t find it. Anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDEAaUwjqsc (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nDEAaUwjqsc)